Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kathie Lee Gifford - She really fancies herself a ''Broadway icon'' doesn''t she?

She's always going on and on about the lyrics she's writing for this play or that play; sadly for her though, the plays are usually playing at some tiny theater in Michigan.

She name drops all of these obscur Broadway music people, always making sure to refer to them as "famous" or "legendary".

When did she decide she's such a great singer/entertainer? Was she doing this back when she had the show with the old gay guy or is it a new thing for her?

by Anonymousreply 4301/31/2015

She wrote a Broadway musical. Why shouldn't she? Duh OP!

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2010

What musical was that R1?

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2010

I don't understand the Kathie Lee hate. Never have. I think she's hilarious, over the top and fun. Unhinged sometimes, she just says all the shit that people think but don't say. Like Joan Rivers but with less "bite." I would think she would be a gay icon.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2010

"Under The Bridge" r2.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2010

Under the Bridge was off-Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2010

R3,

In what world is Joan RIvers a "gay icon"? I'm gay and can't stomach that nasty, mean old bitch.

I think you're confusing pandering to a gay crowd with being a gay icon.

As for Kathie Lee, she's a fool. She's also a mega Republican, uber conservative. So while she camps it up with gay Broadway types to keep herself in that ridiculous loop of people, she no doubt considers gay people "icky" and bound for hell.

Gay icon? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2010

Kathie Lee's first marriage was to a gay man.

KL is a fool who is over the hill in every sense of the term.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2010

r6, Nowhere in my post did I say that Joan Rivers was a gay icon. That being said, I ADORE Joan Rivers. You? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2010

Oh R8, you find me irresistibly adorable and you know it! ;-*

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2010

She's a former "Hee-Haw Honey"!

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2010

I WILL admit, I do remember her on Name That Tune back in the day, with her Dorothy Hamill wedge haircut swinging while she would "la la la la" the song melodies. It did make me want to reach through the screen and slap her cross-eyed. This was before she got "bawdy" and was in her "early Christian" phase. That Kathie Lee WAS too syrupy, too sweet, too fake. She drifted.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2010

Did Cody turn out to be a 'mo?

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2010

The "Broadway Show" Under the Bridge which she wrote, played in Nyack, N.Y.

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2010

She's been trying a long time to get her musical about Aimee Semple McPherson going.

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2010

She is a real whine snob, per the show today.

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

OP = Hoda Kotb

by Anonymousreply 1603/08/2013

Fuck every single one of you losers.

Yours In The Risen Christ, Kathie Lee

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

[quote]She's been trying a long time to get her musical about Aimee Semple McPherson going.

"Scandalous: The Life and Trials of Aimee Semple McPherson" opened on November 15, 2012 and closed after 29 performances. Difficulties arising from Hurricane Sandy (Oct. 29) were cited as a contributing factor to the closing.

Producers of "Scandalous..." included Foursquare Foundation, a group that provides grants to evangelical churches and ministries.

by Anonymousreply 1803/08/2013

I hear they are praying for Tony nominations.

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

"Saving Aimee" (original title) debuted at the White Plains Performing Arts Center in October 2005. Will she stop pushing this now that the show was a flop?

by Anonymousreply 2003/08/2013

[quote]she no doubt considers gay people "icky"

I love, R6. Hilarious post.

She always comes across as in-genuine. I wouldn't trust her.

Howard Stern used to troll about her constantly...called her Cathy Jew Gifford.

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013

For the final week of the show, a Fundie group bought and distributed more than 1,600 tickets. Still, the theatre was filled only to 37.6 percent of capacity.

On Dec. 5, when she told the TODAY audience about the show's imminent demise, she cited Hurricane Sandy as a factor in the shuttering, and mentioned that other Broadway shows (Chaplin and The Performers) were similarly impacted.

The info she neglected to mention is that all three shows were not exactly embraced by critics.

She's a big phony!!!

by Anonymousreply 2203/08/2013

She's the pride of Bowie MD!

by Anonymousreply 2303/08/2013

The reason she left Regis was for what she thought was going to be a career on Broadway. She had filled in for someone in a show and she got, well not rave reviews, but the reviewers were surprised she was as good as she was. And for 3 weeks she was the toast of Broadway. Then it was goom-bye Regis, hello . . . no more stage offers.

by Anonymousreply 2403/08/2013

Her son is hot

by Anonymousreply 2503/08/2013

Kathie Lee Gifford is staying put on “Today,” despite reports she’s leaving following a tiff with NBC News president Deborah Turness.

Tabloid reports claim Turness refused to air an 18-minute “Today”-themed musical Gifford wrote, supposedly leaving the popular host so angry she would go “to another network in an act of revenge.” But the musical actually aired Dec. 29.

A rep said: “That story is total nonsense. The only rift at the fourth hour of ‘Today’ is whether it’s going to be red or white wine.”

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2015

i like kath, she left regis andkathie lee, because she thought she could have a pop carear. she was makin 11 mil. fast forward no carear shegets back with hoda now making 1.7 mil. wow did she goof. her first play crumbles within 8 weeks. really sad but she never gives up

by Anonymousreply 2701/29/2015

Kathie Lee Gifford needs to stay on Today to make money.

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2015

A Mephistophelian blend of yenta and shiksa in one howling void of personal conduct.

by Anonymousreply 2901/29/2015

The Today Show is just as stupid as 99% of ALL NBC shows, incl. the unfunny, ancient SNL, Mysteries of Laura, all of the "talent" shows, and everything except Chicago Fire, if it comes right down to it.

I can't believe NBC dumped "Passions"--really, its' best show in years--comedy, drama, hunks, supernatural, camp--it had it all--and added ANOTHER hour of the insufferable Today Show.

KL is disgusting, Live W Regis and KL was disgusting and now Live with Kellie and whatisname is also disgusting--juvenile IQ programming for people who can't think on their own.

Do away with The Today Show. DO away with NBC.

by Anonymousreply 3001/29/2015

Regarding her failed Broadway attempt:

The New York Times' Charles Isherwood wrote. "Sorry, guys. 'Scandalous' isn't so much scandalously bad as it is generic and dull."

Variety wrote, "Scandalous" is another big-budget, evangelist-with-feet-of-clay tale from the hinterlands, and despite various prior incarnations, it looks woefully out of place on a Broadway stage."

Newsday lamented, "It's also not interesting, alas, at least not interesting enough to sustain 2-1/2 hours of fast-forward storytelling and inspirational songs that almost always end in throbbing climax."

by Anonymousreply 3101/29/2015

In the spirit of "Newsies" and "The Pajama Game," someone should write a musical about the children who worked in Kathie Lee's sweatshops in Central America?

by Anonymousreply 3201/29/2015

I love that fatty frau R30 talks about the 'stupidity' of NBC and then immediately bitches about them canceling a white trash soap opera.

The only people who even watch daytime television are failed people with no hope left. So, keep watching R30. Daytime television exists for people like you.

by Anonymousreply 3301/29/2015

Hardly a fatty frau--I was in college and many, many people of all types gathered to watch and laugh at Passions daily.

Go back to your chips, cookies, and love for NBC stupid shows.

by Anonymousreply 3401/29/2015

noone watched passionsyou fatass. thats whyit cancelled. going to college and graduating are different trash

by Anonymousreply 3501/29/2015

It sells, IT SELLS!!!

by Anonymousreply 3601/29/2015

R35 are you illiterate in addition to not knowing wth you are talking about?

Soaps were hugely popular on college campuses about ten years ago, and Passions was the most popular. It was expensive to produce, big cast, many sets, and cheap ass NBC could put two old hags on with NO sets and only had to pay the old hags.

You sound so ignorant. I feel sorry for you. I have a great six figure job now. Hard work does pay off. AND oh have your ever heard of dvr/Tivo? If I wanted to watch daytime, that is how I would do it.

by Anonymousreply 3701/29/2015

R37 Passions was the lowest rated soap opera on television and never caught on so it's hard to blame NBC for cancelling it.

by Anonymousreply 3801/29/2015

The Today show will continue to lose viewers as long as they keep Lauer and Gifford.

by Anonymousreply 3901/30/2015

thank you for defending me, r38. and r37 is a troll who never graduated nor is he making over 100k. he would have to go buy dvr/tivo if he wanted to watch something after flipping burgers all day bahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 4001/30/2015

She's a weird combo of bawdy and Miss Priss. You never know how she's going to react: naughty or chastising.

by Anonymousreply 4101/31/2015

She has an ugly nastiness that comes from within.

by Anonymousreply 4201/31/2015

Well, perhaps the Gristede's on Broadway...

by Anonymousreply 4301/31/2015
Need more help? Click Here.