Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Giuliana Rancic is mad!

She was pulling out all the stops for a shot as Mary Hart's replacement on ET but ultimately lost the plum role to Nancy O'Dell after focus groups found Rancic too unsympathetic and unappealing to follow in the footsteps of the always perky Hart.

by Anonymousreply 9209/13/2013

I heard she was rejected because her voice failed to induce epileptic seizures.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2010

She didn't own ANYTHING from the Quacker Factory

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2010

Nancy O'Dell stabbed Gisele Fernandez in the back, so she is just much better with a knife.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2010

As one who knows Nancy, I'm thrilled! Now, I've again got an inside connection to ET.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2010

Nancy O'Dell is more likeable than Guliana Rancic.%0D %0D If anyone has seen Giuliana's reality show about her life with husband, Bill Rancic, one tends to wonder how Bill can stand being around Giuliana. She tends to be grating and shallow.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2010

She looks like ET. Her eyes are on the side of her head.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2010

I thought Lara Spencer was being mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2010

I dislike her on Joan Rivers' Fashion Police show. Next to the other panelists she seems dim, humorless, and lacking any awareness of the fashion world. %0D %0D And the other panelists seem like a bunch of bitchy losers, so coming off poorly compared to them is pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2010

I hated her on the E! news show. Hell, she made me prefer Ryan Seacrest.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2010

Nancy O'Dell has stringy thin hair. She needs to cut it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2010

Oops wrong thread. Nancy should try Nioxin though LOL

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2010

Won't E! be pissed she tried to jump ship?

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2010

GR is ridiculous with that grimace she calls a smile.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2010

Good for Nancy, but I'm sad to see Mary Hart go. She pretty much narrated every family dinner I had growing up...ET was always on in the kitchen while my mom was cooking. When it was time to guess the celebrity birthday I would know dinner was almost ready. I hope she's not retiring from TV altogether.

P.S. Rancic reminds me of this outer space faced girl I went to middle school with.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2010

She's blowing somebody to get that reality show.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2010

How can that woman have an underbite and yet have no chin?

The mind reels.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2010

Has anyone ever seen her husband's penis? If so, please describe in detail.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2010

[quote]outer space faced girl

LOL - I want the action figure for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2010

oh lord...brace yourself for months of stress binging and purging

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2010

Can't stand that broad! She should change her name to Rancid because that's just what she is. She looks like she's hoarding food in those cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2010

Yes, her husband is cute but he's got horrible fake veneers.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2010

Her HUGE forehead cost her the job!

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2010

[quote]Her HUGE forehead cost her the job!

That's because it's full of SECRETS.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2010

People can't pronounce her name.

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2010

Nancy O'Dell picked up Pat O'Brien's cringe-worthy rat-a-tat clenched-jaw delivery. She's absolutely awful. Of course, ET is awful, too, so it's a good pairing.

by Anonymousreply 2911/09/2010

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 3011/09/2010

They wanted another Miss America state title holder. Mary Hart was in the Top Ten as Miss South Dakota (the same year as Phyllis George). Nancy O'Dell was a contestant sometime in the late 80's.

by Anonymousreply 3111/09/2010

Guilianna is one of the ugliest women I've ever seen...trianglular shaped face, jacko-lantern mouth/teeth, no chin and lastly a voice to make dolphins cringe.

by Anonymousreply 3211/09/2010

Nancy O'Dell left Access Hollywood? Wow, where have I been?

by Anonymousreply 3311/09/2010

Bug-headed bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3411/09/2010

WOW, Access Hollywood to ET. That's a leap. I thought she was going on to bigger and better things?

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2010

[quote]I thought Lara Spencer was being mentioned.%0D %0D According to the story at link, there is apparently some "bad blood" between Spencer and Mary Hart:

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2010

I find Lara Spencer annoying - but her Insider show is annoying so it is hard to separate the two.

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2010

Her head is like a sideways Stewie Griffin from Family Guy.

by Anonymousreply 3811/10/2010

barren

by Anonymousreply 3911/10/2010

I thought it was telling when Bill's sister did not appoint Giuliana (and Bill) as guardian of her two or three children in the event that something happened to she and her husband.%0D %0D It was obvious that the sister did not want her children in the hands of Giuliana. There is just something so off-putting about Giuliana - part of it being her warped values of materialism and her silly emphasis on the world of hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 4011/10/2010

She should be the third shopping network contestant on The Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 4111/10/2010

I think Giuliana and Bill will eventually divorce. I don't believe Bill can envision a future for himself without biological children, and it doesn't appear that Giuliana will be providing any children.

by Anonymousreply 4211/10/2010

you'd be mad too if you had to TOP for bill rancic!

by Anonymousreply 4311/10/2010

can bulemics carry a fetus to term?

by Anonymousreply 4411/10/2010

The way Giuliana always insists on wearing four-inch high heel dress shoes for absolutely everything during her reality show on Style network is absolutely retarded.%0D %0D She wears 4-inch heels to roam around a rough and tumble sand-filled unfinished house lot - and for just every casual thing during the course of any average off-work day. She is imbecilic.

by Anonymousreply 4511/10/2010

I'm still fingerblasting just thinking about Bill's nipples.

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2010

Bill, I'm coming!

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2010

Bill Rancic is fug like his wife

by Anonymousreply 4811/10/2010

Those nips aren't fug!

by Anonymousreply 4911/10/2010

I saw her grocery shopping a few weeks ago. She seems nice and I do like her humor.

ciao bella

by Anonymousreply 5011/10/2010

I wonder if Sal from 'Daily Ten' which was just recently discontinued after E! News is now unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 5111/10/2010

Watching those two on their 'reality show' is excruciating. Bill Rancic seems too nice for this self absorbed, odd looking, underweight woman.

One episode Giuliana was embarrassed by her old photos her mom was showing Bill, she has a huge nose!

She wants to know why she can't get pregnant on her own, let alone not miscarry even with IVF? She's severely underweight. If she was truly serious about having children, she'd start eating so she could get pregnant, then she'd be able to carry a baby!

Does Guliana EVER talk about anything but herself and how she spends money on useless shit?

What did this chick do before working for E!? I used to watch her on E! when Steve Kmetco was still there. I haven't watched E! in many years, I also watched E! while it was still called MovieTime! Anyone remember that?

Giuliana is excruciating, she seems to have no interests, she's an entitled spoiled brat going on about her "red soled" shoes. What's her family background? Middle class, wealthy, poor?

I know she was born in Italy. Her parents seem to live here, they have a huge house. What do they do, let me guess, construction? looool

When she had to move out of her LA residence into another place there, I never heard such whining in my life. Her female assistant, out in LA, handled everything, from what I saw the woman did a great job.

The movers delivered her furniture and everything else, the apartment looked large and comfortable, I'm sure by LA standards it wasn't big enough for Giuliana, by NYC standards the apartment was large.

But NO, nothing was good enough for Queen Giuliana, she called Bill up to complain...went on how "everything was a mess and I don't know where anything is..." She went on and on.

This woman is completely nuts, she is clearly the product of either an entitled upbringing or from working in showbiz too long, where every non-entitty working on the peripheries of showbiz seems to think, they too, are big stars.

Everything was in place, the apartment looked really great, WTF was her problem?

Imagine if she had to make this move like a real person, she would have had a stroke. My best female friend and her husband moved themselves from Manhattan to San Francisco, it took them THREE trips, she and her husband shared driving a huge U-Haul truck. They looked at this as an adventure, I can't imagine Mrs. Rancid do that, she wouldn't have survived.

I will never forget a live interview Steve K had from NYC, he was talking to a drunk slurring Nathan Lane, who would not stop cursing. Every other world was 'fuck', 'shit' and 'asshole'. Steve handled it as best he could, he eventually had to switch back to the studio because Nathan Lane was incoherent! I wonder how Miss Lollipop Head Giuliana would have handled it?

by Anonymousreply 5211/10/2010

What ever happened to Steve K?

by Anonymousreply 5311/10/2010

R37, I'd want to be an "Insider" with Lara Spencer's co-host Chris Jacobs!

by Anonymousreply 5411/10/2010

She doesn't have a great personality. It would be nice if she would just fade away off into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 5511/10/2010

One of Giuliana's main faults is her self-importance.%0D %0D She does seem to think she is a star, and she elevates herself to a level of self-importance that is unpalatable.%0D %0D She also wants to think that she so overly-busy and her life is 'out of control' all the time. Very self-important.%0D %0D And I agree with everything R52 wrote.%0D %0D I'd like to see how Giuliana would handle having a much lower paying job and a job giving her anonymity.

by Anonymousreply 5611/11/2010

You hit it right on the nail, r55.

by Anonymousreply 5711/11/2010

She was very strategic in supporting Ryan Semencrest after he mad his power play at E and has been rewarded for it with more airtime.

by Anonymousreply 5811/11/2010

[quote]I know she was born in Italy. Her parents seem to live here, they have a huge house. What do they do, let me guess, construction? looool

Her dad is/was a retailer. I remember seeing a commercial, I think, for his mens store in a DC suburb.

by Anonymousreply 5911/11/2010

Her mom seems to speak with a heavy accent. I guess her dad has one too.

One of my pet peeves are immigrants who have been living in the US forever, say 20+ years or more, who make absolutely no attempt to drop their accents. My grandparents, on my dad's side, were Italian immigrants, they made sure to get rid of the accents and to read and write in English.

Actor Boris Kodjoe said in an interview many years ago, he came to the US with a heavy German accent, he knew it would limit him in pursuing an acting career, he made sure to study English. He has no trace of that German accent.

by Anonymousreply 6011/14/2010

r60 accents are hot. You dont speak any other languages?

by Anonymousreply 6111/14/2010

Giuliana is a chinless, toothy, fugly mess.

by Anonymousreply 6211/14/2010

Nancy O'Dell has a perfect figure and decent enough personality, unlike stick-figure football-head Guiliana...TV adds 10-15 lbs and G still looks like a stick.

by Anonymousreply 6311/14/2010

OP, I think you're full of shit. Lara Spencer was considered the heiress presumptive up until the announcement was made that Nancy O'Dell would be taking over for Mary. How could Giuliana pull out all the stops for a position that was pretty much guaranteed to have already been filled? The only reason Nancy got the job is because her agent, he refuses to accept no as an answer, decided to ruffle some feathers.

by Anonymousreply 6411/14/2010

[quote]I wonder if Sal from 'Daily Ten' which was just recently discontinued after E! News is now unemployed%0D %0D He's part of the xtreme sports crowd and always had a gig with them. Covers Skatebording, surfing, bmx, snowboarding, rockclimbing and that sort of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6511/14/2010

I actually like Sal.

by Anonymousreply 6611/14/2010

I like Lara Spencer better than Nancy O'Dell, even though I never watch ET lol. Nancy O'Dell's delivery is still that of a local news anchor. I guess Niecy Nash is not going to take over The Insider now.

by Anonymousreply 6711/14/2010

Giuliana Rancic is very ugly. Alien face , ugly forehead and extremely thin. Why E News hire her. I like E News but I don't like her. So ugly. I also hate fashion police.

by Anonymousreply 6805/27/2013

R60, you're probably one of the dumbest people to ever post on DL. You clearly have no understanding about how language works? I speak four languages, two of them (English and Italian) without an accent. If I could drop the accent on the other two languages (German and French) I would, but it's not that easy. Do you honestly think migrants hang on to the accent just to annoy you? Before you judge a situation you don't understand why don't you try walking in their shoes. Take a Spanish class and report back when you're fluent. That way we'll never have to hear from you again.

by Anonymousreply 6905/27/2013

She is a bore. It was probably the best thing that ET didn't hire her to take Mary Hart's place.

by Anonymousreply 7005/27/2013

GR has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 7105/27/2013

I've seen her up close.... er, um... myeah.

by Anonymousreply 7205/27/2013

Giuliana Rancic is atrocious on the red carpet doing interviews. Not that any of them are any thing to write home about but she takes the cake. She makes me cringe the whole time.

And why do these "reporters" act they're best buds with the actresses/actors?

by Anonymousreply 7305/27/2013

Maybe she needs to be on radio rather than television.

by Anonymousreply 7405/27/2013

Bump!!!

by Anonymousreply 7505/28/2013

This may be the only DL thread in history were virtually everyone agrees. She is a vomit-plague on television. If we all feel that way, why in the hell doesn't the E! Channel brass realize how hated she is??? She absolutely ruins the red carpet shows for me.

by Anonymousreply 7605/28/2013

I can't stand her either. She is ugly and sans charm. How the hell does she get TV work? Is there some powerful TV exec out there who's got a sexual fetish for anorexic fuglies? Because that's the only her "career" can be explained.

by Anonymousreply 7705/28/2013

I never watch ET and rarely watch E! anymore, but I find this one hard to believe. Giuliana is very invested in E!. She got a reality show out of them, and Ryan Seacrest, like him or not, is a powerhouse at E! and he likes Giuliana a lot. Their friends.

She does Fashion Police, and her own reality show in addition to the E! "news" bullshit. So I think she's happy and making lots of money and more famous than she deserves to be.

Ryan, as an executive producer really knows his market. He develops reality shows like the Kardashian garbage, the Playboy Bunny garbage, and Giulina, and God know what else, all catering to the trailer trash crowd who love the tabloids, and he is extremely wealthy. Merv Griffin and Dick Clarke would be proud of him.

by Anonymousreply 7805/28/2013

This is so mean, but every single time I hear her last name I think "rancid."

by Anonymousreply 7905/28/2013

Bill Rancic should shoot his sperm in his wife's face.

by Anonymousreply 8005/28/2013

So she went through all that trouble to get a baby but.... when does she actually spend time with it? When the camera's are rolling? I would imagine she has a pretty crazy schedule and seems to be on every other E! program. I would assume she and the hubby have enough money so she could work less....but does she want to work less? The whole situation just smacks of a PR opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 8105/28/2013

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 8205/28/2013

Who cares ? ET is a joke without any credibility

by Anonymousreply 8305/28/2013

She did have very bad scoliosis as a teen and she had to learn English when she moved here. Her father was a master Taylor . She has a master in journalism her family died seem very nice but Guliana is very self absorbed

by Anonymousreply 8405/29/2013

I agree with you r84.

by Anonymousreply 8505/30/2013

WE are the master Taylors, idiot R84!

by Anonymousreply 8605/30/2013

Those promos for the new season of Scarecrow and Mr Bill are sickening.

I'm just waiting for the director to yell cut so a PA can rush on set and take the baby from Jeweleeanna's scrawny hands.

Is it a real baby or one of those lifelike dolls?

by Anonymousreply 8707/01/2013

She's a human Bobblehead.

by Anonymousreply 8807/01/2013

So true, r88.

by Anonymousreply 8907/01/2013

[quote]ultimately lost the plum role to Nancy O'Dell

Saying that honking Nancy O'Dell has "a perfect figure and decent enough personality" isn't saying much about her ability as a TV host. Her awful delivery really makes you miss Mary Hart. O'Dell sounds like the female version of Pat O'Brien, the worst gossip news reader ever on TV.

by Anonymousreply 9007/02/2013

G. is my luscious long-limbed lovely.

by Anonymousreply 9107/02/2013

I LOVE THIS SITE!! Man, I've been jonesing for hearing people speak the truth about her. If there show isn't totally scripted, you tell by Bill and his family's reaction to rETard (apologies to mentally challenged - she is an insult to your bravery and total coolness. this is rather a bad pun on ET as if you haven't guessed). I digress. I hope like anything these reactions from everybody and her ridiculous personality aren't scripted word-for-word and that every expression is more-or-less spontaneous and a mere disguise for total hate and disgust. BWAHAHAHA!!

by Anonymousreply 9209/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.