Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who Exactly Does Julia Stiles Think She Is?

In those Stoli vodka ads.

I never see them anywhere but on LOGO. Late at night, they're on all the time.

Is she a gay icon and no one told me?

Is she a major star and no one told me?

I think of her as a moderately talented, lantern-jawed actress from the 90s. When I think of her at all.

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013

"...Then, explain the success of Catwoman..." - Julia Stiles to a posse of meek Asian woman all about two feet shorter then herself and flanking her as they strolled down Houston St.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2010

She's the B-list me!

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2010

She's the size of 4 Reeses.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2010

She's now a regular on "Dexter". I have a feeling then are going to become a couple.

Her character has already seem Dexter murder someone.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2010

she and Bill Pullman got excellent notices for Oleanna.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2010

Yes, and it closed in record time, R5, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2010

I don't understand her facial bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2010

"I learned everything I know from watching reruns."

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2010

OP is right on the money, R5 is a sweetheart, and R6 is just a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2010

I can't stand the sight of her. She looks like every mean trailer trash bitch in every southern town in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2010

[quote]Who Exactly Does Julia Stiles Think She Is?%0D She probably thinks she's a working actress who was offered good money for an easy commercial gig. %0D %0D You, on the other hand, are either an office drone or retail Mary. Either way = 'tard.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2010

OP = Leelee Sobieski on a cough syrup bender

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2010

The question should really be, who does Stoli think she is, and who does Logo think she is.

She's just taking the work. That Stoli wants to give it to her, and Logo wants to air it on their network is no fault of her own and really doesn't require that she think she's somebody.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2010

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2010

me too r14

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2010

[quote]I don't understand her facial bone structure.

Wow, you're a moron. Maybe it's escaped you, but there's nothing to "understand", as we're all unique individuals with different facial structures and features.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2010

Calm down, Julia/r16.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2010

R13, you're far too reasonable for DL.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2010

She has kind of a flat face, with high cheekbones? She looks like she may have some native american in her? She is plain but looks really good when she has makeup on. She is an okay actress, her Dexter performance has been a bit twitchy.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2010

[quote]She has kind of a flat face, with high cheekbones?

like Deb

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2010

One of the best Punked ever was with Julia Stiles in the museum who is invited to try on "Marie Antionette garment" which rips and then the curator is at her throat for ruining it.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2010

Her appeal escapes me. I don't think I've ever seen a light-hearted side of her or a beaming smile. And I find her looks very strange. Obviously a lot of people like her and/or her work.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2010

She's my stunt double.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2010

'Save The Last Dance' is a fucking classic.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2010

She looks Asian, kind of like how Zeta-Jones looks Latina but isn't, not that she knows of. Stiles looks very Asian, including the flat side face that Asians have. I suspect someone in her background tree fucked or raped an Asian and there you have Julia Stiles. Same with Zeta-Jones, someone in her background fucked or was raped by a Spaniard/Moor and you have CZJ.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2010

I love it too r24, and I am an old fuck.. 43.%0D %0D there was another movie with Heath, right?

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2010

I kind of love her, and I'm ashamed to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 2711/09/2010

She was really charming in "10 Things I hate about You" and had great chemistry with Heath Ledger. That and Save the Last Dance really cemented her popularity with Gen Yers. I don't know why she's played it low key all these years.

by Anonymousreply 2811/09/2010

I am a Gen-Yer myself, and I must agree with R28 - she fits into our childhoods and adolescences whether we like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 2911/09/2010

Didn't she take time out to do a degree at an Ivy league school? I thought she be above doing commercials, at least outside of Japan.

by Anonymousreply 3011/09/2010

There's nothing wrong with liking Julia Stiles.

by Anonymousreply 3111/09/2010

A few years there was a semi-lengthy thread about her; in it someone claimed she loves to have rough sex with black men.

by Anonymousreply 3211/09/2010

Liking Julia Stiles sounds like a sequel to Searching for Debra Winger. Maybe they should make a whole series.

by Anonymousreply 3311/09/2010

She went to Columbia U., and even graduated. Plus.

David Mamet really likes her. Plus.

She lost points by going on TV and making snotty, dumb jokes about the women who work in school cafeterias. Minus.

She gave one of the better performances in MONA LISA SMILE, which could have been soooo much better. Plus.

by Anonymousreply 3411/09/2010

[quote]A few years there was a semi-lengthy thread about her; in it someone claimed she loves to have rough sex with black men.

I wasn't aware there are people who don't.

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2010

I would assume that she has some Russian than true Asian- some of those Russians have Asian bone structure from the Mongols.

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2010

I love her in the new "Parenthood" TV series!

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2010

What do you think of her Born To Dance movie?

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2010

There was a feature about her in the New York Times a little while ago, which said she was directing (and possibly starring in, I'm not sure) an adaptation of "The Bell Jar." I wonder if that project will ever get off the ground, because they've been talking about it for years.

by Anonymousreply 3911/15/2010

who plays "lemon drop" with the basket of kittens in a liquor ad? is this the ad you're talking about? to me, lemon drop looks like the chick from heroes/legally blonde.

by Anonymousreply 4011/15/2010

I kinda miss her. She wasn't a typical beauty and she seems intelligent. Unlike the dumb skinny minnies of today. I liked Neve Campbell too.

by Anonymousreply 4111/15/2010

She's got a pan face. SAVE THE LAST DANCE made me laugh because she talks about how much she loves to dance and whenever she does, she's completely stone faced. %0D %0D She reminds me of a less attractive, less talented, younger version of Diane Lane. She'll probably peak later in terms of looks.

by Anonymousreply 4211/15/2010

Though I'd rather see her come back then Leelee Sobieski. Blech!

by Anonymousreply 4311/15/2010

who does she think she is?

an actress who was offered a job for a great deal of money and took it.

by Anonymousreply 4411/15/2010

She is completely lacking in beauty, charm, and charisma. Who the fuck keeps trying to make her happen? Every 5 years ago she's given an undeserved opportunity to worm her way into our hearts....and every time she fails miserably. The Bourne movies were a godsend, but even that hasn't resulted in anything significant (Hello? Vodka ads?).

by Anonymousreply 4511/15/2010

I think she should have turned down the Stoli ad. Asked for a reason, she could have said there are people like OP who don't think she has enough whatever -- looks, talent, charisma, you name it -- and she doesn't want to offend them.

by Anonymousreply 4611/15/2010

[quote]The Bourne movies were a godsend, but even that hasn't resulted in anything significant

For most working actors, landing a part in the Bourne movies would be lots of success.

The grapes are unusually sour this year, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 4711/15/2010

Ju LEE ah

by Anonymousreply 4811/17/2010

"Stoned-faced" is right.

She looks the part on Dexter but her face never moves.

BTW I think she must have some Dutch in her, hence the "Asian-ish" look.

by Anonymousreply 4911/17/2010

I've always found her interesting. She's not a typical starlet. I'm liking her in this season of Dexter. Also, like someone mentioned upthread Save The Last Dance pretty much ensures that she'll stick around in the heads of Gen Y-ers. That movie is a classic. It still holds up. And considering the way Hollywood works I'm surprised that 10 years later it's Kerry Washington that has the stronger career (beauty endorsements, Oscar nominated movies, etc.) and Julia's really is super low-key.

by Anonymousreply 5011/17/2010

I don't like her at all.%0D She's ugly and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 5111/17/2010

[quote]She looks the part on Dexter but her face never moves.%0D %0D That is just objectively not true. You can say whatever you like about her acting, but you can't seriously be watching if you say her face "never moves." If anything, she's got LOTS of facial tics and twitches going on in that performance.%0D %0D Surely there are enough real things to cunt about, without making up ridiculous lies.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5211/17/2010

How old are you, r51? You sound like a kid.

by Anonymousreply 5311/17/2010

"That movie is a classic. It still holds up."%0D %0D Your have no taste. The film did not hold up then and it does not hold up now. She is beyond waspy in every role she plays and in that film, even the editing could not mask her clumsy dance moves. %0D %0D That being said, I don't know if she still goes to my gym in Chelsea, but according to one of the guys who hands out the towells, she used to swim there mid-mornings on week days when the place is empty. He said she is very sweet, very nice and is quite pretty in person.

by Anonymousreply 5411/17/2010

I like her deep voice. It's at odds with her pixie-ish face.

by Anonymousreply 5511/17/2010

OK Julia at R52, how about "Moves when it shouldn't"?

That the right sort of cunt for you?

by Anonymousreply 5611/17/2010

[] like her deep voice. It's at odds with her pixie-ish face.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D I wouldn't call Julia Stiles's large frying pancake face pixie-ish

by Anonymousreply 5711/17/2010

Don't get bitchy just because you were caught not knowing the first thing about what's being discussed here, r56. You're probably one of the ones who thought Kidman was an acting genius for wearing a prosthetic nose.%0D %0D Nothing you say will ever be the right sort of cunt for anyone. FYI, ignorant asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5811/17/2010

You forgot the "harrumph", R58.

Now, back to your videos and Cheezits.

by Anonymousreply 5911/17/2010

Oh r59, you're a scream. Really. "Videos and Cheezits" he said--what a card!%0D %0D All points proven, so thanks for that, too.

by Anonymousreply 6011/18/2010

She's a bitch. She was her generation's Winona. There were stories about her smoking at theaters and restaurants and telling people to fuck off when told the places were non-smoking.

by Anonymousreply 6111/18/2010

She must have a great agent. She's not 'special' enough to just land work over and over again without a really pushy and connected agent.

by Anonymousreply 6211/18/2010

Weren't there BI's about her being a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 6311/18/2010

She reminds me of a young Jane Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 6411/18/2010

[quote]All points proven,

Most definitely!

by Anonymousreply 6511/18/2010

Stop guys, you're gonna make R58 cry!

by Anonymousreply 6611/18/2010

She is a washed up type cast ( brothas wanna be down snow bunny ) flat chested, verticality challenged, round faced nobody. Al I can say is .. Stick to the dicks and balls your use to ! yo im sick of these fake ass cracker hoes. black men wants a white girl with some thigh meat ya heard! Not some young martha stewart lookin ass bitch.. RAISE UP. AINT Nobody got time for that!

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!