Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Laureen Harper, wife of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper....a lesbian?

I heard the oddest rumour today, Laureen Harper, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, is a lesbian. This is the most far-fetched thing I can imagine...has anyone else heard this?

by Anonymousreply 10002/13/2015

Well, have you heard gay rumors about him?

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2010

Lesbian. Alberta housewife. It's hard to tell the difference.

by Anonymousreply 411/06/2010

Spot-on r5!

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2010

I heard the same. Apparently she's staying at the Chateau Laurier with her lesbian RCMP lover. Who'd'a'thunkit?!%0D %0D Harper will likely increase the anti-gay rhetoric now that he's personally been affected by "the evil gay agenda". I mean, before it was just a boogey-man that his God frowned upon, but now... Now the gay community has stolen his wife! There will be consequences!%0D %0D Oh how it makes me "lul"...%0D %0D Well, I hope a public confirmation is made soon. If anyone finds one, link us up.%0D %0D Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2010

One of the first things that pops up when you Google her is the story about her motorcycle trip across the Rockies:

(Interesting how they talk about her "friend" Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works)

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2010

I've heard laureen loves motorcycle sex best of all. That where the top tootsie holds the bottom tootsy's legs like the handle bars on a motorcycle and makes motorcycle noises while eating bottom tootsy's kitty parts.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2010

I would give up all my money for the sheer hilarity of her leaving him and marrying a woman while he's still in office.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2010

R8 are you serious?!

No, Stephen isn't gay. He's a robot, he has no penis.

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2010

Stephen Harper

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2010

This rumour has been floating around for years in Ottawa. I believe it 100%.

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2010

I don't believe it. It would actually make the Harper's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1812/03/2010

Gayface?

by Anonymousreply 2012/03/2010

Stephen Harper sings Beatles song with Yo Yo Ma

by Anonymousreply 2112/03/2010

I can't stand that man! We must vote him and his evangelical right wing agenda out.

by Anonymousreply 2212/03/2010

The PM looks gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 2412/03/2010

jejune snowbird

by Anonymousreply 2512/03/2010

I believe it R23. Don't like Harper but he is nothing if not savvy.

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2010

Stephen is not gay - but he is an arrogant SOB. Would have taken him to be from Ontario really. Can't see anyone or staying loyal to him in any fashion.

by Anonymousreply 2712/26/2010

I knew something was off about Rona Ambrose %0D %0D She pings big time.

by Anonymousreply 2812/26/2010

R23, he didn't grow up religious. He was converted in his 30s by Preston Manning, so what your friends says doesn't contradict that. Considering he never ever ever talks about it, I think he totally believes it. What disturbs me about him is that he's a SMART, sneaky fundie -- those are as rare as hen's teeth.

by Anonymousreply 2912/27/2010

For those who haven't seen it already, there's a new biography titled "Harperland" (by Lawrence Martin) that's worth a look for anyone concerned about Canada's future political trends.%0D %0D The book doesn't go into much detail regarding Harper's religious beliefs (whether real or for show), but it should make even staunch conservatives worry about the centralization of power that's occurred since his election.%0D %0D The guy who campaigned on a platform of transparency and accountability, starting from day one, has created the least transparent and least accountable government in Canada's history. And that's with a minority! His lust for power and contempt for democracy should worry all Canadians, regardless of their take on his religion.%0D %0D The link below is to Amazon's description of the book. At the moment, it says it ships in one to two months -- strange, for a political best seller. For e-readers, though, the book is also available from kobobooks.%0D

by Anonymousreply 3012/27/2010

Two people I know - one a member of the C party and another who lives close to the PM's residence - told me that LH was carrying on with a male RCMP officer a couple of years back.

by Anonymousreply 3112/27/2010

Wow, Canadians are really delusional. If you want religion mixed with politics, come to the US and have your fill. Stephen Harper & Co. are nothing compared to it.

In fact, as a gay Canadian now living in the US, I've never "feared" Harper nor the Conservatives taking my rights away. In fact, was it ever even discussed outside of the initial failed voted to reopen the marriage debate?

Get a grip, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 3212/27/2010

reposted from? Actually the rumour I've heard is that she was at the Westin (and maybe the Ch%C3%A2teau too) for a while a year ago December and then got her own place in New Edinburgh not too long after. for the rest of the school year... and then officially ...moved back to Calgary.%0D %0D If you remember the CTV images of 24 Sussex on Hallowe'en ONLY Mrs Harper was there. This interview is the first time they'be been seen together in how long? Since the GG's investiture?%0D

by Anonymousreply 3312/28/2010

The rumor is mentioned in Bookforum and it is said to be a female.

by Anonymousreply 3402/21/2011

Just to clarify - Laureen Teskey purchased a house in New Edinburgh and the kids spend most of their time there. She and stephen Harper do NOT live together - and yes she does have a relationship with a woman who was part of her security team.

by Anonymousreply 3503/24/2011

Maybe because she rides a Harley and makes her RCMP security detail crazy when she tries to lose them.

by Anonymousreply 3603/24/2011

No but she used to be a man.

by Anonymousreply 3703/24/2011

[quote]Laureen Teskey purchased a house in New Edinburgh and the kids spend most of their time there. She and stephen Harper do NOT live together

Isn't Sussex drive undergoing renovations?

by Anonymousreply 3803/24/2011

Conservatives have no sexuality so it cannot be true.

by Anonymousreply 3903/24/2011

I'll always remember Harper bringing his little boy to school (for the TV cameras) and saying goodbye with a handshake. Talk about frigid...

by Anonymousreply 4003/24/2011

Example of Harper bigotry:

***Sources said the Pride Week grant sparked a crisis at the highest levels of the Harper government. %E2%80%9CIt was seen as a poke in the eye%E2%80%9D to social conservatives, said one senior insider, noting the Prime Minister is wary of alienating a key part of his base. [...]

Ablonczy, the MP for Calgary-Nose Hill who famously introduced Harper to his wife, Laureen, was reportedly so impressed by Pride%E2%80%99s %E2%80%9Cpolished and professional%E2%80%9D application that she insisted on coming to Toronto to present the cheque in person. A Conservative source said it was the media coverage that prompted the backlash against Ablonczy.

%E2%80%9CThe TV shots of her with transvestites inflamed some people,%E2%80%9D the source said.

Another Tory insider agreed the sight of drag queens with the minister caused Ablonczy %E2%80%9Cbig-time%E2%80%9D trouble because she had not cleared her attendance at the event with Harper%E2%80%99s office.***

by Anonymousreply 4103/24/2011

she is one of the homeliest PM wives... EVER!

by Anonymousreply 4204/01/2011

I heard this and verified its authenticity with three credible sources. What I can't understand is why nobody is reporting it. I know it is likely to protect her kids, and I'm not sure I really care, I'm just really surprised no one has gone there.

by Anonymousreply 4304/01/2011

not a rumor... she's involve with a woman from the RCMP in Ottawa... she's only staying with Harper until he's done as Prime Minister... as soon it's over, she will leave him

by Anonymousreply 4504/30/2011

So Harper drove her to bisexuality? I can see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 4604/30/2011

Lurleen Harper?

by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2011

I would not call her a Lesbian. That kind of harsh.She does wear big shoes or plain. She hasn't cut all her hair off or started listen to KD lang.She has just likes having oral sex with this other woman.

I meant she and harper are still on the Christmas cards together. Isn't that what is really important.

by Anonymousreply 4804/30/2011

It's common knowledge around Parliament Hill and in the public service that Laureen and Steve have secretly split up and she's living with a female RCMP officer. They've kept it quiet for the election and she's doing photo ops with him to help his campaign. Harper is a "family values" hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 4904/30/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 5005/05/2011

Laureen Harper is a WINO and this should have been reported by the MSM during the election.

WINO = Wife In Name Only

by Anonymousreply 5105/05/2011

She's not only a serious motorcycle rider, she owns a Harley! Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 5305/05/2011

I recently heard this rumour from an Ottawa insider - the former wife of a former PM who spoke at an event in my area.%0D %0D It kind of makes sense why Mr. Harper would be against gay marriage, etc. now doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 5405/16/2011

You can say Margarette Trudeau, R54, she's the only ex-wife of a Prime Minister!

by Anonymousreply 5505/16/2011

Right R54. Like Margaret Trudeau is a credible source!

by Anonymousreply 5605/16/2011

Take your meds Margo, you crazy old cow.

by Anonymousreply 5705/17/2011

I agree, R51. Apparently everyone in Ottawa and the MSM knows, but no one wants to report it because exposing a politician's personal life is seen as "too American." A friend who has a lot of journalist friends told me that during the latest election, Stephen and Laureen were at a photo op, and the photographers urged them to kiss for the cameras. The Harpers looked horrified, and would not do it.

by Anonymousreply 5808/30/2011

It's terrible how you old queens like to try and drag peeps out of the closet. Enough already!%0D %0D She'll come out when she's good and ready - stop being such bullies!%0D %0D x%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5908/30/2011

[quote]It's terrible how you old queens like to try and drag peeps out of the closet.

It's terrible how these old queens make up a bunch of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6008/30/2011

r60, are you Canadian?

The Hill has a long tradition of secrecy to the detriment of the country. There is a lot of dirt that doesn't get reported publicly, some of which should be exposed. Cabinet ministers/Premiers associating with biker gangs, for example.

r43, this is the kind of shit that should be exposed by gay rights groups. Even with the libel chill we have here, it would be worth it to expose these Tory hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 6108/30/2011

I heard this rumbling from Ottawa. It would be the greatest joy of my life if it were true. I would shout it from the mountains. He is the most revolting person .

by Anonymousreply 6212/10/2011

That pasty, flabby asshole could turn any woman gay

by Anonymousreply 6301/19/2012

When I google 'Laureen Harper' this is the second website that pops up.

by Anonymousreply 6401/19/2012

I have a friend, who's next door neighbour's cousin's wife used to work with someone who previously worked at the Chateau Laurier and said it was definitely true. So I must believe it. And of course I noticed that the crazy bitch Nadine Lumley said so too.

by Anonymousreply 6503/31/2012

oh and I forgot to mention - Nadine Lumley is a crazed homophobic twat. The Liberal party should be ashamed to have her in their ranks.

by Anonymousreply 6603/31/2012

I think r65/r66 is John Baird. I mean, why bump this old thread? Especially to defend the Harpers' sham marriage and attack the Liberal party?

by Anonymousreply 6703/31/2012

R67 - is that you Lumley you bitch

by Anonymousreply 6803/31/2012

Heard that rumor from two top Ottawa political savvies... Who are themselves part of the gay community... I think they are saving face.

by Anonymousreply 6905/04/2012

I was told this two weeks ago - apparently Laureen has LEFT Stephen for a (female) Canadian Mountie. I shit you not.

Why is there a gossip embargo - this is is good as it gets when it comes to TRUE gossip.

by Anonymousreply 7005/06/2012

I want this to come OUT. Think of all the shit they wrote about Margaret Trudeau.

Harper is busy ruining the country, and they are not writing about that either.

Plus a big hypocrite with the Fundie shit, courting the anti-gay vote.

by Anonymousreply 7105/06/2012

it is an open secret here in ottawa.

by Anonymousreply 7206/27/2012

Apparently Nadine Lumley really wants to munch Laureen's carpet. Hopefully they'll get it on video - Xtube!!!

by Anonymousreply 7310/20/2012

Yes. This is true and widely known in Ottawa.

by Anonymousreply 7411/07/2012

r74, that begs the obvious question--is Harper gay?

by Anonymousreply 7511/07/2012

That's what I've been wondering, too, R74.

by Anonymousreply 7611/07/2012

I heard a couple years ago that the Harpers don't live together. Did not know about the lesbianism.

by Anonymousreply 7711/07/2012

I wanted to fervently believe this silly rumour and perpetuated it with vigour. After much reflection I now realize that it doesn't matter. I don't care who Laureen sleeps with and in fact understand that my rumour mongering about her was really an expression of my own repressed sexuality. Let's just leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 7807/24/2013

Bumping because Harper is in the spotlight again.

by Anonymousreply 7904/24/2014

Laureen, with Rona?? I would love to see them "Dining at the Public Trough" in Ottawa

by Anonymousreply 8005/18/2014

I'm of two minds here. I don't want to out anybody, and I'd rather she come out on her own. Wouldn't want to see her lesbianism used as a crowbar to unseat her husband. But it's definitely time to oust this tyrannical, anti-science bastard before he turns Canada into a radioactive cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 8107/20/2014

thats has been known for a while now. don't know why it is all big news all of a sudden!

by Anonymousreply 8207/20/2014

Sad bunch.....

by Anonymousreply 8311/10/2014

Thanks for bumping, R83!

by Anonymousreply 8411/10/2014

LOL, R83!!!

You could have just let this thread die, but no. You posted and revived it.

I've been hearing the lesbian rumours for years. My partner's sister and brother in law are tight with several prominent Alberta conservatives, provincially and federally, and while they won't go so far as to say Laureen is a lesbian, they won't deny it. They do confirm that the Harper's marriage is a sham and that they live separately.

Once Harper is out of the PM's seat and returns to private life the couple will quietly split up.

by Anonymousreply 8511/10/2014

I'd fuck their son, Ben.

by Anonymousreply 8611/10/2014

So Stevie is a merkin who wears a rug - a really bad rug.

by Anonymousreply 8711/10/2014

ABSOLUTELY NOT BUT SHE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH A MAN ONE OF HER BODYGUARD

by Anonymousreply 8812/17/2014

I wonder what her pussy looks like.

by Anonymousreply 8912/17/2014

She had a romance with the female rcmp officer who was assigned as her body guard. harper was a real douche and is very controlling. their son had twitter for the sly for a while but then when a newspaper here in Canada talked about it his twitter mysteriously was deleted.

by Anonymousreply 9012/17/2014

I live in Ottawa and have a close friend connected to Parliament. Everyone knows Mrs Harper is a lesbian whose longtime girlfriend is in the RCMP. This isn't America. We Canadians tend to look the other way when it comes to people's private affairs. But we do gossip.

There have ever been any stories about Stephen Harper, though. He is as asexual as they come. Brian Mulroney is supposedly gay. He would request only the most goodlooking boys from Parliament's catering corp to work on his retreat in Meech Lake. No apparent hanky panky though - he loved having them wait on him while he spent all day in bed. Another friend was one of those boys. Said Brian was always a gentleman but had effeminate tendencies when his guard was down. Also said Ben the son treated the help like they were beneath him and is insufferably snobbish.

by Anonymousreply 9112/18/2014

This rumor has been circulating for many years now. With so many cell phone cameras out there these days, why are there no pics to go with the rumor?

by Anonymousreply 9212/29/2014

I worked for CTV's Ottawa Bureau from 2007 to 2013 and I started hearing the rumour about Laureen Harper around 2009(ish). I first started hearing that rumour from people close to members of the Conservative Party's infamous gay mafia [Conservative Party Gay Mafia - made of up of a number of Conservative MPs and conservative staff e.g. John Baird, James Moore, Nigel Wright]. My guess is that there is some validity to the rumour.

The truth of matter is, the Harper marriage is a political one. They first met in 1990 at a Reform Party event and then, out of the blue according to some, became engaged and married in 1993 when Stephen was first running for election an an MP. Laureen was divorced prior to meeting Harper. I do know for a fact, Stephen Harper rarely stays at 24 Sussex Drive (the PM's official home) with his wife and children, preferring to stay at a condo he purchased while he was leader of the opposition.

[R92] Why no pictures or anything from the media? There's an unwritten rule in the Canadian media that reporters do not publicly report on the private lives of politicians and more importantly not on their family. There's a believe that their spouses and children are not public figures and shouldn't be reported on.

[R91] I've heard similar things about Brian Mulroney's liking of surrounding himself with young (as in barely legal) good looking men. As for his son Ben Mulroney, besides being a total asshole, there are many rumours that he is very, very, deeply closeted aka self-hating queer who can't accept it.

by Anonymousreply 9302/12/2015

Mulroney gay - finally good gossip!

Strange vibe about the Harper family.

They had no qualms reporting in detail on the private life of Margaret Trudeau. And to some extent Maureen McTeer.

They are hushing up for the Conservatives, and Conservative-Reform, just like the US hushes up on the private lives of the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 9402/12/2015

r93, I agree that by and large families of politicians should not be in the spotlight, but many times the media has abrogated its responsibility to the public.

The private situations of Ralph Klein and Maxime Bernier were matters of public interest that absolutely should have been reported.

That rule is in place largely because of 1% media who don't want to lose their status on the cocktail party circuit.

by Anonymousreply 9502/12/2015

[R95] You're totally right about the 1% of media who fear loosing their invitations to important events if they report real dirt about a politician.

With this being an election year, expect Laureen Harper to be taking on a much more visual role than in the past. Harper has an image problem as being seen as a bully (which he is .. ruthless really) so Laureen's role will be to help Harper look more human.

by Anonymousreply 9602/12/2015

She and her husband aren't even human beings.

by Anonymousreply 9702/12/2015

What about the guy who lived in their garage or part of his house and now he is his "closest advisor" (I forget the official title)

by Anonymousreply 9802/12/2015

[quote]so Laureen's role will be to help Harper look more human.

But, but, what about those Christmas cards with a picture of him cuddling a kitten? Surely, that should have done the trick.

by Anonymousreply 9902/12/2015

[R98] That would be Ray Novak who is Stephen Harper's Chief of Staff (who used to live above the Harper's garage). Ray Novak replaced Harper's former Chief of Staff Nigel Wright. I don't know much about Novak but the gossip is he is a 'confirmed bachelor' but he's in his late 30s so not sure if he's old enough for that title yet.

Nigel Wright on the other hand is definitely a 'confirmed bachelor' but is a deeply devout Anglican and was a prominent member of the Anglican-Catholic movement in Toronto. He's also celibate...and I'm not going to tell you how I know that :). I was very sad to see him willingly take the fall for Harper over the Senate spending scandal.

by Anonymousreply 10002/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.