Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So was Kato Kaelin O.J.''s drug dealer?

Was he a party buddy? More than that (on the DL)?%0D %0D I think he was, if not a drug dealer, certainly a "party" broker whom O.J. kept at hand so as not to get his hands dirty with drug charges (yes, the irony).%0D %0D To me it's the only thing that explains Kato's return to obscurity, considering he could've taken advantage of his Media Darling status to become somewhat of a celebrity.%0D %0D Hell, he was cuter than all those people from The Hills. %0D %0D Anyone who can shed some light on Kato's real job and whereabouts? Anyone with an opinion on this? %0D %0D Sorry if this was discussed before, but it certainly wasn't discussed as the events unfolded (Datalounge did not exist).

by Anonymousreply 20603/20/2013

Well he did milk his media status as far as he could, appearing on a bunch of TV shows and posing in Playgirl (not nude, though maybe he showed his ass?) He just wasn't very interesting or talented and probably got sick of people grilling him about OJ and the murders.

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2010

If the whole thing had gone down just five years later, give or take, Kato would've been whoring himself out for every reality show he could.

Who Wants to Marry a Murderer's Squatter?

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2010

The White Trash Celebrity. It all started with him. OJ did more than just kill two people. He killed television and celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 311/05/2010

I don't think OJ killed TV but he certainly killed soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2010

[quote]I don't think OJ killed TV %0D %0D About five days after the ride in the white Bronco, every news and entertainment show had nothing but updates on O.J. It was overkill, so I just unplugged the TV until a few months after the civil case went to court. I watched a small amount of TV for a few more years after that, but not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 511/05/2010

Kato was a go-to guy for coke in the Brentwood area of LA. He was a huge coke addict, but was supposedly off the stuff by 94. Actress Tracey Bregman who is on a show we cannot name, was friends with one of him best friends and she has the story, but won't talk about it. The friend was also on the same show for a while (his character stalked her character - Grant something) - anyway, the story goes that he was in fact a point person but was in the process of rehibiliation. ALSO of note - Kris Jenner was a good "friend" of Kato in the 80's and early 90's. Make if that what you will. LA can be really small. I lived at Granville and Iowa during that time - and heard about all the shit going on, but wasn't a player and wasn't in the "Brentwood Circle" so a lot of this info is through other people.

by Anonymousreply 611/05/2010

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2010

A bunch of ugly people. Faye Resnick, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2010

Kato tried to extend his 15 minutes and would show up for the opening of an envelope. He never gave an indication of very much intelligence and would be very much at home in dozens of the reality shows today.

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2010

I'd love to see a serious warts-and-all update on the entire cast of characters from OJ. Where are they now, what are they doing, and how has life treated them since The Murder.

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2010

I still remember the day of the verdict. Someone was assigned in our school to go to each of the classrooms and tell everyone. Then it was all over the news. It was like some national tragedy had happened. %0D %0D I never understood the fascination over the case then and I still can't understand it now.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2010

[quote]I never understood the fascination over the case then and I still can't understand it now.%0D %0D Was it really a fascination of the public or was it all generated by the media for ratings? Every TV station turned to coverage of the Bronco ride and they never let up from that day forward. Everyone I know was sick of it being shoved at us 24/7 for months at a time.%0D %0D The media did the same with Anna Nicole Smith. Who wanted to see daily ANS reports on GMA, Today, Evening News, Noon News, ET, Access Hollywood, etc., etc.? %0D %0D The only interesting thing about the ANS coverage was Mark Steines moving in with Howard K. Stern in the Bahamas. That part flew right over the heads of the public.

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2010

Didn't Kato actually do one of the earliest seasons of The Surreal Life on VH-1?

Now that's a reality show they should bring back!

by Anonymousreply 1411/06/2010

It may be inappropriate to say but Ron Goldman was a hot piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 1511/07/2010

[quote]Ron Goldman was a hot piece of ass.%0D %0D Let's face it, so was OJ. Nicole had good taste in men's physiques. %0D %0D As a judge of character, however...

by Anonymousreply 1611/07/2010

Since 1995 I've heard: OJ had been molested by his gay dad-he's from here OJ beat all his women, black and white OJ and Kato were fuck and drug buddies Fay Resnick was a huge junkie Nicole indeed was fucking Ron Goldman and OJ flew into a tweek rage Kris Jenner used to have jungle fever and banged many of OJ's friends

Now the story is OJ is very happy in jail, they love him there. Although he still delusional and thinks he will have an early release but no go he may die there.

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2010

>>>ALSO of note - Kris Jenner was a good "friend" of Kato in the 80's and early 90's%0D %0D %0D %0D Duh. Kris Jenner was one of Nicole Brown's best friends. Her ex-husband (robert kardashian) is the one who took OJ's suitcase -- that probably contained evidence, away from his house when he returned from Chicago (or where ever he went to after murdering Ron and Nicole). Kris and bruce both went to the trial everyday. bruce stuck up and supported oj, Kris did the decent thing and supported the Brown and Goldman families.

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2010

Kato was just a gofer and a procurer. O.J. and that whole sports/celebrity crowd were heavy cocaine users. There was nothing sinister about Kato. He was just happy tp have a place to stay.He ran his 15 minutes into the ground. But you could see how he'd be likeable.%0D %0D The reason it was all over TV exhaustively is because O.J. Simpson was an institution. He was a sports icon and a legend. He translated that celebrity into an affable personality who acted in B-grade movies, did product endorsements, sports commentary, and had business interests. %0D %0D The public face he showed to the world wasn't a cocaine snorting, drunken, abusive pig. That part was very carefully avoided. Even the LAPD hid his excesses. He was, after all, O.J.%0D %0D It was his "personal life" so the media, especially the media who hung out around sports figures, ignored it, turned a blind eye,on purpose. When Nicole was murdered, it exposed the tawdry lifestyle of everyone associated with O.J.%0D %0D %0D I wonder what Robert Kardashian would say if he saw his daughters, his ex-wife, and Brucie all famous for being famous?%0D %0D I do wonder WEHT Faye Resnick with her coked out ass.

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2010

A search reveals Resnick has a design service.

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2010

Wasn't Nicole Simpson having an affair with Faye?

by Anonymousreply 2111/07/2010

Who the hell is Faye Resnick and what does she have to do with the OJ thing? I've forgotten a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 2211/07/2010

Bruce Jenner is a big supporter of the Special Olympics and after the verdict, he attended the LA SO at UCLA. He was interviewed and although he wanted to steer clear of the subject, he said, tellingly, that he felt it was impossible for justice to be done in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 2311/07/2010

[quote]Bruce Jenner is a big supporter of the Special Olympics and after the verdict, he attended the LA SO at UCLA. He was interviewed and although he wanted to steer clear of the subject, he said, tellingly, that he felt it was impossible for justice to be done in this instance.

Did Bruce still look like a boy, or was he already starting to look like a girl?

by Anonymousreply 2411/07/2010

Bruce Jenner has the IQ of a cantaloupe.

by Anonymousreply 2511/07/2010

You insult us, R25

by Anonymousreply 2611/07/2010

I remember Ron Goldman's dad saying with certainty that he and his family KNEW Ron was not dating or involved with Nicole.

I always assumed it was because Ron was gay -- how else could they be so certain. Was I the only one who picked up on this?

by Anonymousreply 2711/07/2010

Confirming r6. A friend of mine covered the trial (not for Inside Edition or whatever, but for one of the L.A. newspapers). He said that Kato was indeed a drug dealer and supplied coke and other party drugs to the Brentwood set, including both O.J. and Nicole.

The one thing that never came out at trial, puzzlingly, was the fact that O.J. was also a steroids abuser; the dealer(s) -- not Kato -- worked out of Gold's Gym in Venice and also supplied people like Schwarzenegger.

The crime itself always seemed to have one missing piece, but it makes total sense if you see it as an act of roid rage. My reporter friend theorized that the only reason that didn't come out in court was that it would have opened the door to testimony about some very prominent steroid clients in L.A. ... which would have been the same reason no one called out Kato as a drug dealer on the stand.

As far as Ron Goldman showing up, the complete picture might never be known, including how well he knew the Simpsons or whether Nicole left her glasses at the restaurant on purpose so he would come over. But my friend said the best guess of everyone who knew about the case was that Goldman had come over for the reason stated -- to return Nicole's glasses -- and had the misfortune to do so when O.J. was juiced and jealous and waiting.

Other stuff my friend has mentioned:

- Prosecutor Chris Darden thought he was going mano-a-mano with the great Johnnie Cochran. Cochran, of course, knew he was playing chess while Darden was playing checkers. Darden's introduction of the glove into testimony was a possibly fatal mistake. Afterward, Cochran reached out to Darden in a father-son way, but Darden was stung and wanted no part of Cochran.

- Even before the glove, though, the prosecution case had fallen apart in the eyes of the jurors with the testimony of cop Mark Fuhrman, the one who said he'd never used the n-word... and then a tape was produced of him using it dozens of times and laughing about what he and his fellow cops used to do to minority suspects. Some people just remember that there were black folks on the jury who voted not guilty, but my friend said it was that tape that cast doubt on the prosecution's entire case, and Cochran hammered it home that if there was a shred of doubt, it was the jury's duty to acquit. Some on the jury were convinced O.J. did it, but the verdict wasn't based on what they thought, it was based on the prosecution proving their case beyond a shadow of a doubt.

- People forget about Fuhrman (including the fact that the defense brought in "guest" prosecutor F. Lee Bailey to take him apart in the courtroom), but he was charged with perjury for lying on the stand, and subsequently convicted. After the trial, he moved to an area of Idaho where the Aryan Nations were active, which fit in with the beliefs of reporters that he had some white-supremacist connections.

- Kaelin knew O.J. did it and was told what to say on the stand. The conjecture was that his life was threatened by people he knew would carry out the threat. He had the IQ of a turnip, but Marcia Clark still couldn't break his story.

- O.J.'s friend Bob Kardashian and defense lawyer Barry Scheck were already haunted by the fact they were helping to acquit a murderer even before the verdict came down.

- Faye Resnick was Nicole's coke buddy, but whether they had a physical relationship was doubtful.

- Judge Lance Ito completely mismanaged the case, and his playing to the cameras disgraced him in L.A. judicial circles.

- One of the bitterest things in the Simpson marriage was how much money O.J. had funneled to Nicole's family, who saw him as something of an ATM. After the trial, Denise Brown set up a charity that was supposed to be for victims' rights and ended up spending most of the money herself. There was talk that she may be headed to court and/or jail; I don't know what happened there, but there was certainly no fondness between the Goldman and Brown families. Kim Goldman and Denise Brown should very well have bonded over their loss, but they definitely did not.

by Anonymousreply 2811/07/2010

Ron Goldman had a serious girlfriend at the time, that is why his father denied the story about Nicle and Ron.%0D %0D Bruce Jenner did NOT support OJ. I specifically remember seeing him on DatelineNBC with Kris, and they had harsh words about OJ

by Anonymousreply 2911/07/2010

I always thought it was odd that Jenner and Kardashians wife would end up together, given that her ex-husband and Bruce were on completely different ends of the OJ spectrum.%0D %0D Didn't Kardashian have his fatal heart attack a short time after the trial ended?

by Anonymousreply 3011/07/2010

What do the kids know about their mother's death and will they ever tell?

by Anonymousreply 3111/07/2010

r30, Robert Kardashian died of cancer -- throat or larynx or something -- a few years after the trial.

This is just conjecture on my part, but given Kardashian's guilt over the murders, I wonder if the same threats that were made to Kaelin were also made to Kardashian toward him or his family.

As far as Ron Goldman being gay, my friend said that there was nothing that indicated that. In fact, O.J. and Nicole didn't seem to have any gay male friends.

by Anonymousreply 3211/07/2010

America loved O.J.- that's why they were riveted to the whole story.

He used to shop at Neimans (where I worked at the time) prior the incident, and that was one handsome guy with charisma.

by Anonymousreply 3311/07/2010

But r28/r32, haven't you heard about OJ's father? And haven't you heard about the James Woods story?

by Anonymousreply 3411/07/2010

[quote]America loved O.J.- that's why they were riveted to the whole story.%0D %0D %0D OMG, I just found out I'm not American. Also, friends and family are obviously not American. %0D %0D We never loved OJ. We were NEVER riveted to the whole story. %0D %0D OTOH, maybe r33 doesn't have a clue about what "America" loves.

by Anonymousreply 3511/07/2010

r34 - I had heard that O.J.'s dad was gay and lived in San Francisco - did he die of complications from HIV?

r31 - all I know is that my friend said Simpson's daughter was incredibly beautiful and seemed to think the whole case was an elaborate racist plot to frame her dad... and that the son (Jason?) was seriously dumb and went along with whatever his sister thought or told him. They both hated the media.

One more thing - Fred Goldman never thought for one second that O.J. would be acquitted. He thought the truth was so plain that no one could miss it and he was blind to the errors made by the prosecution. I don't know what he's said since, but during the trial the idea that O.J. could be acquitted didn't even enter into his thinking.

by Anonymousreply 3611/07/2010

Well smell you, r35. Spare me your elitist attitude- If America didn't love him, why would they spend a whole day watching a Bronco going 30 MPH the whole day? THEN watch the whole frickin' trial? Because they hated him?

by Anonymousreply 3711/07/2010

R34, what's the James Woods story? That douche seems to be the smarter, smarmier version of Forest Gump

by Anonymousreply 3811/07/2010

Thanks for typing that all out, R28. Good read. I appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 3911/07/2010

According to the previews, Faye Resnick is going to appear on an upcoming episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She is Kyle Richards' friend; Faye is a longtime friend of Kathy Hilton. She's Paris' godmother or something.

by Anonymousreply 4011/07/2010

I believe by the OJ trial, Kris was already married to Bruce--I do remember that Robert Kardashian (very handsome!) had a very blond girlfriend he'd show up at court with...

by Anonymousreply 4111/07/2010

R28, I always thought it ironic that the Brown family who pimped out Nicole who moved in with a married OJ when she was 18 thought anything good was going to come out that.

by Anonymousreply 4211/07/2010

[quote]If America didn't love him, why would they spend a whole day watching a Bronco going 30 MPH the whole day? THEN watch the whole frickin' trial? %0D %0D I don't know anyone who watched "the whole frickin' trial." Not all of us live in a double-wide and follow along with your trailer-trash lifestyle.%0D %0D Further, I had no idea that the Bronco ride lasted for an entire day. That's a new one to me but I'm sure you kept up so I'll take your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 4311/07/2010

remember cora fischman?

by Anonymousreply 4411/07/2010

The prosecution fucked this case up big time, as did the LAPD. They didn't have control over the cops, the crime lab or the witnesses. There were witnesses (the employees at the knife store where OJ bought a knife before the murders, the woman who was cut off by a speeding white Bronco a few minutes after the murders) who would have helped prove the case but Marsha Clark and Chris Darden didn't keep them from talking to the tabloids. The LAPD never should have sent a detective with Fuhrman's views to OJ's home. %0D %0D Al Cowlings owned a white Bronco identical to OJ's. I always though he was involved and dumped the weapon for OJ.

by Anonymousreply 4511/07/2010

He had a gun to my head!

by Anonymousreply 4611/07/2010

I want to know the James Woods story. If there is one.

by Anonymousreply 4811/07/2010

Is this the James Woods story?

by Anonymousreply 4911/07/2010

That James Woods story is HAWT!%0D %0D Now I have images on him and OJ gangbanging Nicole, Anabolic Video style, and OJ's huge dick accidentally grazing James' bubble butt (back then) as they tagged.

by Anonymousreply 5011/07/2010

Anyone who denies that this was a huge story (whether it deserved to be or not) with the American public is being willfully ignorant.%0D %0D Very interesting, R28. I always assumed OJ was totally coked up when he showed up at Nicole's door. Did not think about the steroid angle.

by Anonymousreply 5111/07/2010

The story was enormous. I remember that Friday when OJ went "missing" - people rushed home to watch the news. It was huge.

While it was clear OJ was guilty, I agree that the prosecution completely boggled the case. Many people were screaming that the jurors were idiots who were siding with the black guy, but based on the case presented, it seemed they were following their instructions and voted on reasonable doubt. Marcia Clark and Chris Darden were simply inept.

by Anonymousreply 5211/07/2010

Why would he be taking steroids then? His athletic career had reached its natural end long ago & he had moved on to equally glamorous stuff like TV & movies.

I always thought that he had plenty of natural rage bottled up under that nice jock persona.

by Anonymousreply 5311/07/2010

[quote]Why would he be taking steroids then?%0D %0D Addiction.%0D %0D Not only to the drugs, but to the workout while on them.

by Anonymousreply 5411/07/2010

[quote] the verdict wasn't based on what they thought, it was based on the prosecution proving their case beyond a shadow of a doubt.

You watch too many old movies. The standard is not "beyond a shadow of a doubt." It's "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's quite different.

by Anonymousreply 5511/07/2010

The verdict was lost when Gil Garcetti transferred the trial from Santa Monica to downtown LA, so that the trial could handle the press. There, the jury pool included Brenda Moron, who said that she didn't need to hear about domestic violence because it didn't have relevance to the murder and dismissed juror Jeannette Harris, who slyly noted that these black jurors had to return to their black neighborhoods after the verdict.

Garcetti was booted from his position at the next election by voters who were infuriated with his handling of the case.

by Anonymousreply 5611/07/2010

Dominick Dunne said the case was won by OJ jury consultant Jo Ellen Demitrus, because she completely understood the value of stupidity. Listening to the opinions of the jurors after the verdict, you have to admit he had a point.

by Anonymousreply 5711/07/2010

I seriously always thought O.J. was banging the snot out of Kato.

by Anonymousreply 5811/07/2010

You're all forgetting the humor of the case.

When OJ was in the Bronco, ABC's Peter Jennings took a call from someone at the scene who ended the call with "and Babba Booey to all y'all!" Followed by Al Michaels chiming in that it was "farcical" and referenced Howard Stern without naming him.

The funniest witness stand moment was Kato describing one night he and OJ went to McDonald's or Burger King and he referred to the hamburger as "the main course"!!!

by Anonymousreply 5911/07/2010

I'm AC dammit!

by Anonymousreply 6011/07/2010

Interesting local fact is that the Burger King on Santa Monica Blvd. and Bundy (now closed) was known for being a drug hangout.

by Anonymousreply 6111/07/2010

OJ's doing high time. He'll be OK. I'd love to nail Kato. Just nail him. Does he still look good?

by Anonymousreply 6211/07/2010

Nail Kato to what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 6311/07/2010

I can't believe that anyone really thinks that OJ was having sex with Kato, or that Kato was even particularly hot.

by Anonymousreply 6411/07/2010

My big, naughty, fat wiener [R63], is that a problem?

Thought not. YUM!

by Anonymousreply 6511/07/2010

Kato these days. Looks much better than the long-haired Fabio look of the nineties

by Anonymousreply 6611/07/2010

[quote] I can't believe that anyone really thinks that OJ was having sex with Kato, or that Kato was even particularly hot.

So?

by Anonymousreply 6711/07/2010

In a trial involving black man and a white woman a white jury would always convict the man and a black jury would always acquit.

by Anonymousreply 6811/07/2010

[quote] In a trial involving black man and a white woman a white jury would always convict the man and a black jury would always acquit.

To the front of the class, [R68]!

by Anonymousreply 6911/07/2010

Another reason this was such a huge media sensation is that it was pre-internet. People HAD to get all the latest information about it from TV and radio. Just because some people weren't interested in it doesn't mean it wasn't a HUGE story. Sure the media went overboard but the demand was definitely there.

That trial truly altered TV at the time. You can blame (or thank) O.J. for the glut of daytime talkshows, court shows, screeching talking heads and Fox news channel that all came in the wake of the trial.

by Anonymousreply 7011/07/2010

Very good points, R70.

by Anonymousreply 7111/07/2010

Aw c'mon! Kato was hotter than anything around at that time! He's the only reason that I kept up with the OJ trial! Now, I think that Angie Harmon should play Nicole Simpson if they make that movie! Their facial features are very similar!

by Anonymousreply 7211/07/2010

OJ and Kato didn't get fast food that night.

They got meth.

by Anonymousreply 7311/07/2010

I was in elementary school and they announced the verdict over the intercom. Very classy.

by Anonymousreply 7411/07/2010

@64 OF COURSE I believe that Kato and OJ were drug and fuck buddies that dish been floating round SF since 1995.

What's there not to believe?? Men have sex with each other!

Yeh OJ's dad died of aids and he was a big ole queen.

by Anonymousreply 7511/07/2010

No, his hair stylist.

by Anonymousreply 7611/07/2010

She had a bath drawn at MIDNIGHT. I'm sure that pussy was clean enough for the rest of the evening. Goldman MUST have planned on fucking her that night. But OJ had other plans.%0D %0D *********She was certainly expecting company that night as votive candles were lit all around her bath tub and on her coffee table. Rumor had it Ron had been seen driving her Masaretti around Brentwood and OJ was pissed about it.

by Anonymousreply 7711/07/2010

Marcia Clark and Chris Darden were simply inept.%0D %0D %0D ******As were the detectives Vannatter and Lange. Lots of bloody fingerprint evidence was lost/ignored because Vannatter DID NOT READ Furman's initial report. Furman's book MURDER IN BRENTWOOD explains all. And NO he did not plant evidence nor was he a racist.

by Anonymousreply 7811/07/2010

Darden was afraid of Johnny Cochran, losing his street cred in the black community and%0D the house nigger label thrown his way by Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 7911/07/2010

Didn't Kardashian have his fatal heart attack a short time after the trial ended?%0D %0D *The bloody knife, louis viuotton garmet bag hiding bastard, died of cancer....that's what liars get, cancer!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8011/07/2010

This trial was largest ever on television to date. This is all people talked about - anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 8111/07/2010

Furman planted the gloves and the blood...basicly fucking up the entire case. The point of the whole trial was to let people understand, that cops set people up. If you didn't learn that...then you missed a learning experience.%0D %0D YOU'RE SO FULL OF SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 8211/07/2010

My BFF (white) worked as a personal shopper at Neiman's during the trial. She took Chris around the store helping him get his trial suits and she ended up dating him during that time period. She said he was a real whiney guy, who revered Cochran, and was worried about his acceptance back in the community after the trial. So much so that he cheated on her with some black gal from Carson whom he knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 8311/07/2010

Chris Darden did not have "street cred" nor did he want it.

by Anonymousreply 8411/07/2010

Didn't Chris D. and Marcia Clark also date during the trial?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8511/07/2010

Trivia: What is the name of the girlfriend that broke up with Simpson via voicemail the evening the murders were committed?

by Anonymousreply 8611/07/2010

Paula Barbieri, r86.

by Anonymousreply 8711/07/2010

Tori Richards?

by Anonymousreply 8811/07/2010

I didn't know they had voicemail in the olden days.

by Anonymousreply 8911/07/2010

The only person who behaved like an adult during these proceedings-and didn't dorunny, screaming, to the press--was Allen Park, the chauffeur driver. He kept a very low profile and moved to Catalina Island shortly after the trial was over.

by Anonymousreply 9011/07/2010

Does Kato have a reality show? His my-space page is asking people to vote for him?%0D %0D Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 9111/07/2010

Dorunny? That was supposed to be "run." Sorry about that. I miss the old DL, when we could spellcheck/edit posts.

by Anonymousreply 9211/07/2010

@85 yes Marcia and Chris were banging.

@86, Paula Barbari? Guessed without google so I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9311/07/2010

Evidence not presented at trial%0D Ross Cutlery provided store receipts indicating that Simpson had purchased a 12-inch (300 mm) stiletto knife six weeks before the murders. The knife was determined to be similar to the one the coroner said caused the stab wounds.[3] The prosecution did not present this evidence at trial after discovering that store employees had sold their story to The National Enquirer for $12,500.[3] The knife was later collected from Simpson's residence by a court appointed special master, who took control of the knife. Prosecution tests on the knife determined that an oil used on new cutlery was still present on knife, thus, the knife had never been used. %0D Jill Shively saw a white Ford Bronco speeding away from Bundy Drive, in such a hurry that it almost collided with another car at an intersection.[3] She talked to the television show Hard Copy for $5,000, after which prosecutors declined to use her testimony at trial.[3] %0D A women's shelter, Sojourn, received a call from Brown four days prior to the murders saying that she was scared of her ex-husband, who she felt was stalking her.[3] The prosecution thought that Judge Ito would rule the evidence to be hearsay.[3] In addition, friends and family indicated that Nicole Brown had consistently said that Simpson had been stalking her.[3] She claimed that everywhere she went, she noticed Simpson would be there, watching her. Her friends Faye Resnick and Cynthia Shahian said she was afraid because Simpson had told her he would kill her if he ever found her with another man.[3] %0D Former NFL player and pastor Rosey Grier visited Simpson at the Los Angeles County Jail in the days following the murders. Both he and a jailhouse guard, Jeff Stuart, testified to Judge Ito that at one point Simpson yelled that he didn't mean to do it, after which Grier had urged him to come clean.[3] Ito ruled that the evidence was hearsay and could not be allowed in court.[3] %0D A diary that Nicole kept was not included as evidence, but it contained multiple entries of how O.J. would physically abuse her.

by Anonymousreply 9411/07/2010

R94, the jury in the criminal case could have been shown a tape of OJ committing the murders and they still would have acquitted him. Listen to their interviews after the fact and tell me I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9511/07/2010

I can't imagine someone getting away with murdering a family member!

by Anonymousreply 9611/07/2010

The verdict came on the day before my 21st birthday. I used to like to buy newspapers on my birthday just so someday I could remember what was going on in the world when I turned whatever age.

That was a great birthday newspaper!

by Anonymousreply 9711/07/2010

I was a student at UCLA when this happened, and I worked part time at the Gelson's in Pacific Palisades, so I saw several of the key players come through there-Al Cowlings, Johnnie Cochran, Faye Resnick....all of them were media whores.%0D %0D My cousin came from New York to see my family in the summer of 1995. I took her to Brentwood and we did the OJ Simpson death tour-starting at the school, driving by the Starbucks where Nicole and Ron met, the Mezzaluna, and then Nicole's house. From there we timed how long it took us to get to Rockingham. We were driving slow by OJ's house and some angry guy yelled at us. It was fun!%0D %0D I'll never forget hearing that verdict. I was parking my car when it came over the radio. I was late for my class, and at the break the professer announced it!

by Anonymousreply 9811/07/2010

You know, statistically, this is a pretty ordinary, pretty predictable crime. I mean, if you strip away the celebrity and media hype, these kinds of murders happen with alarming frquency. %0D %0D He's an abuser. Seriously abusive. A batterer. This isn't someone who is menacing, or threatening. This is someone who actually follows thru, and beats her ass,regularly. He has a history of violence towards women. %0D %0D O.J. absolutely fits the pattern. Even tho they're divorced,living in separate homes, he feels he has the right to go over to her house any time he wants. To assert that he still has control. %0D %0D He tells her he'll kill her if she dates someone else. He tells her who among her friends he can't stand. He claims he is only going over to see the kids. But he is still attached to her. %0D %0D Psychologically, he hasn't let go of her. Abusers never do. In fact, the weeks preceeding or after a seaparation or divorce, are the most dangerous time. More women get killed in that period than in any other. %0D %0D Because an abuser is usually a control freak, when you throw him out, or deny him his way, he goes nuts on your ass. He's lost control, and he'll do anything to reassert it. %0D %0D It happens every day. How often do we read about someon going to his soon to be ex-wife's job and shooting her? Or the murder/suicides and friends say they were getting a divorce.%0D %0D O.J. had enablers, too. Her parents looked the other way because he gave them $$$.The cops looked the other way because he's a famous football legend. %0D %0D His friends hardly noticed anything wrong. He just "loves her too much." Doesn't everyone beat a woman's ass? Her friends listen to her, advise her, but in the end, can do little for someone who will not protect herself.%0D %0D So finally there's a showdown and he kills her. Remember that Playboy Bunny, Dorothy Stratton? Same thing. She dumps her hubby and he kills her. All very predictable. %0D %0D the probabilty that it was O.J. is about 99%. For the prosecution to lose was a travesty. If that case had been properly presented, if the court was competent, it wouldn't matter about the jury. %0D %0D Darden and that Marcia were the wrong lawyers to prosecute. They should have had a Black female prosecutor. Someone feisty, sitting alone. Those jurors should have identified with her not Johnny Cocoran. They should have had anybody but Furman testify. He was a disaster. I'm glad he's finally in jail. He should have been fried.%0D s

by Anonymousreply 9911/07/2010

Well said, @99.

What I heard from Black friends is the jury got OJ off cause of police misconduct, jumping the fence botched blood samples, etc. Oh and the damn glove not fitting.

Also 'they' know he did it, but of course, white men get away with murdering their exwives so why not a black?

by Anonymousreply 10011/07/2010

What up with the glove and people saying it and blood were planted?

This happened at night. Are people saying detectives get a call out of the blue, somehow find out it was OJ's wife, and immediately go to OJ's house and put blood and a glove there before sunrise? They had no info as to the cause of the crime and it would've been extremely stupid to think they would've just guessed it was him and thought it was necessary to plant evidence. I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 10111/07/2010

And, I'm to lazy to type it all out '.

One of the facts is that the cops jumped the fence to get on his property their first fatal mistake ...

by Anonymousreply 10211/08/2010

What's amazing about this is the officers involved had all worked on high profile cases before. Tom Lange and Phil Vannater were the cops that busted Roman Polanski in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 10311/08/2010

Come on, Fuhrman is a racist. You can't deny the tape of him using n*gger repeatedly. I don't believe he planted evidence or that his racism affected his job performance on the case but he IS racist.

The fact that Fox news repeatedly employs him as a commentator should tell you where his beliefs lie.

by Anonymousreply 10411/08/2010

[quote]Another reason this was such a huge media sensation is that it was pre-internet.

Strictly speaking, it wasn't pre-Internet. It was before the Internet was as ubiquitous as it is today, but a lot of people used the 'net by 1994. The so-called Eternal September happened several months earlier in 1993, and by the summer of 1994, the Internet had exploded in popularity and people were accessing with AOL, Prodigy, etc.

Of course, back then you didn't watch news via streaming sites online or anything, but you DID go to news websites and refresh during breaking news stories.

by Anonymousreply 10511/08/2010

So there was a bloody glove at the murder scene and another "found" on O.J.'s property? Is that the connection? And some people felt that Mark Furman actually found both gloves at the murder scene and planted the second glove on O.J.'s property?%0D %0D And Kato said he heard "thumping" or a bumping sound and thought it was an earthquake? LOL!%0D %0D And there were bloody footprints going thru her sidewalk to the back were they think the perp parked? They said her neck was nearly severed completely off. That would take a pretty strong knife, I'd think.%0D %0D At one point I remember rumblings of O.J. trying to cover up for something his son did. There were people who felt his son was violent and mentally off, and might have killed her to win his father's love or something like that. What ever happened to O.J.'s older kids. His older daughter was kind of pretty.%0D %0D I often wondered about the dog. The dog saw it all. Too bad there's no way to discover what the dog saw. The two little kids were home sleeping up stairs. Wasn't it early enough that those kids probably saw or heard something? The dog was raising a ruckus. %0D %0D I bet if they played the entire trial again on cable people would watch. Not a reenactment, but the actual trial. If they made a really good movie about this, it would be more chilling than that Steve Railsback movie Helter Skelter and Charles Manson. But no one would want to play O.J. That would be a career-ending role for sure.

by Anonymousreply 10611/08/2010

[quote]But no one would want to play O.J. That would be a career-ending role for sure.%0D %0D What?! Are you kidding me?!%0D %0D Denzel Washington would kill Denise Brown if he had to, for that role ... a shot at another Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 10711/08/2010

"it was white against black, period"

Actually, it was black against white.

by Anonymousreply 11011/08/2010

Most of the Kardashian girls have jungle fever, don't they? Seems that way.

by Anonymousreply 11111/08/2010

I thought OJ was guilty when I heard the family's Akita witnessed it all. They're Japanese guard dogs and even the most laid back and loving Akita has a very high protection drive bred into it. The only way someone could've killed Nicole is if the dog knew them very well. Akitas are great dogs if raised well but I'd rather sneak into a house with 5 strange pitbulls than one strange Akita.

by Anonymousreply 11211/08/2010

R111: That's not a fever; it's syphilis.

by Anonymousreply 11311/08/2010

R108, I know the LAPD (and many, many Angelenos) are poisonously racist but OJ knew that the glove demonstration was coming and didn't take his anti-inflammatory drugs for a while. His hands swelled up like balloons. He also spread his fingers wide and pantomimed his struggle. It was a shitty actor's best performance but still shitty to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 11411/08/2010

Agree with r86. The glove definitely fit, anybody can pretend a perfectly fine glove cannot be worn.%0D %0D The Bronco chase, as evidence extremely circumstancial at best, was the giveaway for me. No innocent husband behaves like that.

by Anonymousreply 11611/08/2010

R115: Which is why O.J. tried to flee to Mexico with a bag of money and a disguise.

You are such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11711/08/2010

R115, I'm more conspiratorial minded than most people and what you're saying is stupid. Remember OJ's suicide attempt and letter? His stupid book, "If I Did It"? Every time the Enquirer bought one of his drug buddy's stories of OJ getting hammered and confessing to a room full of people?

He did it, he's a piece of shit who went on to get a low rent Nicole lookalike and abuse her. He's just a run of the mill abuser who followed the pattern of escalation perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 11811/08/2010

Meant to say agree with r114. My system still omits posts every so often and then pops them on all at once, catching up with the correct numbers.%0D %0D Is that because I sometimes let it go to sleep with DL on?

by Anonymousreply 11911/08/2010

One thing I've always wondered about Nicole is why didn't she live in a secure building? OJ was psycho, beat the shit out of her repeatedly when they were married, and after they were divorced told her over and over again he was going to kill her.%0D %0D If I were in Nicole's situation, I would have chosen to live in a high-rise building with security and doormen. God knows she could have afforded a place like that, and there are plenty in LA. Her condo in Brentwood was off the road and fairly isolated. She was a sitting duck in that place.

by Anonymousreply 12011/08/2010

[quote]He was rich and successful, if you told me he hit her and accidentally broke her neck, I could believe that. To go after her like a crazy slasher? No, that never happened.%0D %0D %0D I'm not sure what the "rich and successful" part has to do with the rest of your statement. Can you elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 12311/08/2010

Happily, OJ is in prison where double-murderers belong and there's nothing his ignorant defenders can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 12411/08/2010

R28: It is NOT "beyond a SHADOW of a doubt"; it is "beyond a REASONABLE doubt."%0D %0D There was NO REASONABLE doubt about the DNA.

by Anonymousreply 12511/08/2010

r/108/109 have simply fabricated stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12611/08/2010

Meant r's 108/109.

by Anonymousreply 12711/08/2010

OMG, r115 is insane.

by Anonymousreply 12811/08/2010

R126 and R127 - it works better if put an uppercase R in front of the number, no spaces.

by Anonymousreply 12911/08/2010

OJ and Kato bought drugs that night; you don't go for fast-food with large bills (which OJ wanted).%0D %0D He was never tested for speed, which also happens to be true for Dr. J. MacDonald.%0D %0D He had learned how to kill suddenly and silently with a knife from his planned TV show about Navy SEALS or some such group.%0D %0D He was LATE for his limo; he was the shadowy figure the driver spotted. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 13011/08/2010

It can also be lower case r129

by Anonymousreply 13111/08/2010

But for the love of God don't use a - between the R and the number!

Smoking would be an easier habit to break.

by Anonymousreply 13211/08/2010

Does anybody know what's become of O.J. and Nicole's children?

by Anonymousreply 13311/08/2010

It can, r131?

by Anonymousreply 13411/08/2010

It is conceivable that the leather gloves were the Rosetta stone of the Simpson murder trial. One was discovered at each of the two crime scenes. Of all the physical evidence that had been gathered and catalogued that day, the gloves were, perhaps, the most tangible. %0D %0D There was also a terrible irony in the fact that they may have been purchased by a woman as a gift for her husband, who then used them in the commission of her murder.%0D %0D The gloves were dark brown leather, cashmere lined, size extra large. Manufactured by Aris Gloves, a subsidiary of Consolidated Food Corporation, the Isotoner Lights brand, style number 70263, were part of a small batch of only 300 pairs that had been sold exclusively by Bloomingdale's Department Store on 3rd Avenue in New York between 1989 and 1992. The store sold 240 pairs and returned the rest to the manufacturer. On December 20th, 1990, Nicole Brown Simpson had purchased two pairs of these gloves for $110. The gloves had a distinctive stitching and V pattern in the palm and were very identifiable. The prosecution assembled press photographs and videotapes of O.J.Simpson wearing this type of leather gloves during football game telecasts in 1993 and 1994.

by Anonymousreply 13511/08/2010

How about the rarity of Bruno Maglia shoes? I believe 9/11 was an inside job but now I know how people who disagree look at me. Like a dumbass who thinks OJ Simpson is innocent.

by Anonymousreply 13611/08/2010

It was the longest trial on TV,ever and it was live - all new back then. Plus it had a CELEBRITY and a black& white angle.%0D %0D It actually marked the end of celebrity, tv and normal society.

by Anonymousreply 13711/08/2010

OJ didn't do it. It's just a shame he's in prison now so he can't find the REAL killer.

by Anonymousreply 13811/08/2010

It was a classic crime of passion. OJ was enraged, either from drugs or simply because he was consumed by jealousy. Sadly this type of thing happens all the time everywhere in the world. At least he is behind bars now.

by Anonymousreply 13911/08/2010

That's right, they never tested OJ for speed nor did they test Kato's clothes and bedding for OJ's sperm!

Powers that be know the deal which is why OJ's in jail for the rest of his miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 14011/08/2010

What you're all forgetting about the gloves is OJ tried them on in court OVER PLASTIC GLOVES (as well as the gloves being stiff and unyielding from all the blood) so as not to "taint the evidence" but as any idiot knows, that is what made the gloves too small. Try it yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 14111/08/2010

It was The Crime of the Century!

by Anonymousreply 14211/08/2010

I'm not a lawyer, but wouldn't one of the first law school lessons be that if you are a prosecutor, don't let the defendant be in control of the evidence?

by Anonymousreply 14511/08/2010

r143, please read r135 post.

by Anonymousreply 14611/08/2010

Gloves and their fit? How about here was a supposedly innocent man putting on the blood-stained gloves worn by "the murderer" of his children's mother---and HE SMIRKED.%0D %0D No recoil of revulsion and horror; no expression of sadness and grief.%0D %0D Just self-satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 14711/08/2010

I put "the murderer" within quotation marks because OJ is....you know.

by Anonymousreply 14811/08/2010

Plastic gloves or not, those leather gloves would not fit because his hands were swollen from stopping his medication.

by Anonymousreply 14911/08/2010

Anything that is made of leather shrinks when it gets wet. So of course the gloves didn't fit - anymore. OJ's relieved smirk spoke volumes. %0D %0D Wonder if his jail sentence has permanently interrupted his ongoing search for the REAL killer(s).....

by Anonymousreply 15011/08/2010

They were rubber gloves and that would make it harder to put the leather gloves on.

Robert Kardashian's face at the verdict reading said it all.

by Anonymousreply 15111/09/2010

And what's Kato doing these days? He always pinged to me and probably is no stranger to the homosex where the man goes up into the other man.

by Anonymousreply 15211/09/2010

OJ is also to blame for foisting Starpig Jones on an unsuspecting public.

by Anonymousreply 15311/09/2010

How did O J help Star Jones????

by Anonymousreply 15411/09/2010

Star Jones was a little known legal analyst for NBC pre-OJ, r154. Her profile rose significantly as a result of the trial.

by Anonymousreply 15511/09/2010

TY R155 ... I did not think they knew one antoher.

by Anonymousreply 15611/09/2010

@151, wasn't that something? Kardasian was more shocked than OJ, like, WTF! I helped a murderer get off scott free.

by Anonymousreply 15711/09/2010

Does anyone have a pic of Kardashian's "shock" at the verdict?

by Anonymousreply 15811/09/2010

This thread's been interesting,looking back on the whole saga. The events themselves were more fascinating than any TV mini-series. %0D %0D First, the "breaking news" about the murders on Bundy. We're told O.J. was on his way home from Chicago. We're shown pictures of O.J. at the funeral, and those beautiful kids.%0D %0D %0D Then something changes. Maybe her family insists the police take another look, bcz they just have this 'feeling' he was involved somehow. He goes in for questioning, then the high speed chase, tawdry details about their marriage and divorce, and the trial with it's cast of characters. Not only the prosecutors an defense attornies, but those witnesses. %0D %0D You couldn't make that stuff up. The only other "event" similar, was the Elian Gonzalez story with all those crazy people in Miami.I say "similar" because these stories actually have a narrative arc. %0D %0D But as I really think about it? I think it was a real stretch he committed the murders. Maybe he had someone do it, but I'm just still on the fence. Not saying he did not commit them, just trying to figure out how he did it, given the time constraints and lack of real evidence. %0D %0D The minescule blood spatters could have been planted. The crime scene was loaded with blood. Who ever did it, it was deifinitely pre-meditated, not random. %0D %0D Then I remember how he allegedly used to spy on her and watched her blow some restaurant mogul she was dating. He went ballistic because the kids were upstairs sleeping while she was giving blow jobs. So maybe he planned to kill her before he left, so he'd have an alibi. It makes sense both ways.

by Anonymousreply 15911/10/2010

Here you go r158:

by Anonymousreply 16011/10/2010

Arguing about O.J.'s guilt in 2010. It's like 9-11 never happened.

by Anonymousreply 16111/10/2010

I just remember I was working at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago at the time when the verdict came down and happened to be on my break in the employee cafeteria.%0D %0D When they announced the verdict, all the black people in the room cheered and jumped up and down like they'd just won the lottery. All of us whities kind of looked at the floor like "what the fuck is going on?" Cheering the verdict seemed a really strange reaction.

by Anonymousreply 16211/10/2010

That anyone still believes for even one second that OJ is innocent demonstrates why shit like the Tea Party happens. A huge number of people are either stupid or unable to analyze data with any logic whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 16311/10/2010

r159, maybe OJ and Nicole were involved over their heads with some bad drug people. These people killed Nicole (and Ron because he was there) and OJ knows who they are also is aware he can never reveal what he knows. That way he is both guilty AND innocent.

by Anonymousreply 16411/10/2010

what r163 said.%0D %0D Remind me again- Who discovered the bodies?%0D %0D I ask because the most horrifying aspect of this, besides, of course, the homicides, is the possibility that thier children could have been the first to come upon them.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 16511/10/2010

I think some guy found the dog, didn't he? Took the dog home with him? Dog was all bloody? Then he saw the bodies? I forget.%0D %0D %0D Kato is an odd duck. Wasn't he originally brought into the family arrangement by Nicole? I thought he was like an all puppose errand boy, nanny, drug supplier, etc. I think Kato knows a lot and is probably terrified of O.J.'s adult kids to ever tell it. He could get rich writing what he remembers about the old days of living with Nicole, O.J. and the murders.%0D %0D %0D The 911 call from Nicole where she is scared because he kicked in the door and he was screaming at her, when she said he was "gonna beat the shit out of me!" tells me he was capable of steroid rage, out of control anger exacerbated by drug use, IMO. This was not the product of spontaneous random rage, this was planned.%0D %0D Honestly, that kind of rage is capable of murder. But is it capable of premeditated murder? Not sure. I think he had someone do it. Maybe he was there. I think the fact the blood spatters were small simply tells me someone took a lot of precautions but obviously not enough.%0D %0D The LAPD was a corrupt bunch. Wasn't there some massive arrests where cops were busted for planting evidence and messing up crime scenes? And Furman was such an unsympathetic witness. %0D %0D I can understand how the Black Community would cheer, from hatred and distrust of the police, and the criminal justice system. Think about our situation. When a Gay man is a victim of a hate crime how often dies the system really go to bat for us.%0D

by Anonymousreply 16611/10/2010

Any statement that OJ might have made to anyone including Rosie Grier would never have been excluded on the grounds of hearsay. What the defendant says is always admissible (with few exceotions) and this would have been definitely admissible as a confession. And why would Rosie have told the judge this? %0D %0D I believe he did it but I also believe the prosecution was embarrassingly inept. Was there enough to convict him despite the mistakes by the prosecutors? Maybe. I'm a defense attorney and I have seen many, many people convicted on much weaker evidence and with prosecutors making stupid mistakes. %0D %0D For me, purely instinctually and not on facts, I believed he was guilty when I saw his eyes right after he got off the plane in LA. He really looked like a guilty man. The only facts that might have nudged me into believing his guilt at that point was that I had been aware of prior deomestic violence by OJ and the fact that he had conveniently left town the night of the murders. That led me to believe it was more premeditated than others may believe. I believe he deliberately planned this for a night when he'd have somewhat of an alibi of being on the way to the airport or Chicago if the murders had been discovered later than they were. %0D %0D I do not, however, believe he should have been convicted of the crimes in Colorado or Nevada, wherever that was. Those were highly overcharged offenses and I question the prosecition proceeding the way it did. The sentence was also way out of bounds. But I appreciate how people may think it's just karma. I don't feel that way.

by Anonymousreply 16711/10/2010

[quote]maybe OJ and Nicole were involved over their heads with some bad drug people.

Dealers don't kill customers.

by Anonymousreply 16811/10/2010

Well, if they got involved in a very big coke buy? Who knows?%0D %0D Anyway, it was possibly someone she knew who was jealous of her? Did you ever think, it could have been a woman whih a sharp knife and a surprise attack? After all...no one is ever thinking about getting their throat slit...especially in a good neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 16911/10/2010

I think it's silly and short-sighted to think Kato was some drug supplier. Maybe he could put his hands on some pills or some pot, but I think O.J. AND Nicole travelled with a pretty fast crowd and knew how to score their own drugs. %0D %0D Kato was probably nothing but a runner/errand boy. He knew some people, but not at the levels of Nicole and O.J. O.J. and Nicole were "connected." And that restaurant owner guy she dated was probably laundering money. Restaurants and hair salons are great places to launder money.

by Anonymousreply 17011/10/2010

r169, are you DAFT?! "A woman with a sharp knife" killing Ron Goldman as well? Not to mention also sounding like an African-American male (ear-witness testimony), wearing size 12 Bruno Maglis (physical evidence), and wearing men's gloves.%0D %0D I agree this was planned for the flight-night. Ron G. was the fly in the ointment, the unanticipated delay in OJ's timely departure; the reason he almost side-swiped Jill Shively's vehicle; the reason a flustered and hyped-up OJ dropped the glove while banging into the wall of KK's room; the reason the limo driver saw him skulk into his house, after the driver's getting no response from inside (OJ was "sleeping" or "chipping golf balls"); why he had no time to inspect closely his shoes and socks; etc.

by Anonymousreply 17111/11/2010

How can you people think I was guilty? I was running to Mexico to find the REAL killer! I even had a cool disguise with me to go undercover in my investigation! It's so obvious I didn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 17211/11/2010

R172 is pretty stupid. Guilty or innocent, a person would run. What a fool...an adult who still believes in our justice system. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 17311/11/2010

R174, maybe she was, but no one deserves to have their head nearly severed from their body. And do remember. Nicole was a very pretty, very young girl who liked to party. She was very young when she took up with the famous O.J. %0D %0D I believe she was waitressing? In any event, it's legitimate to say that Nicole was "mentored" by O.J. and his wild, glamourous lifestyle, and his friends. He broke her in. Life is full of trade offs. But she didn't deserve to die. Not like that.

by Anonymousreply 17511/11/2010

He almost sliced her head off!

by Anonymousreply 17611/12/2010

With such a notorious crime, there will always be those who have divergent beliefs as to what really happened.

by Anonymousreply 17711/12/2010

Doesn't have the same ring as "THREAD CLOSED."

by Anonymousreply 17811/12/2010

The crime scene photos are horrific.

by Anonymousreply 17911/12/2010

No crime has ever gotten so much attention or public interest.

by Anonymousreply 18011/14/2010

The Nicole Simpson/Ron Goldman murders are the only two that gave me goosebumps since the Manson/Sharon Tate stuff. It was eerie and horrific and spine tingling. Even now.%0D %0D Funny. Because there've certainly been other crimes that were at least as bad,well publicized, too, but I don't know. There's something very mesmerizing about it all.%0D Only Kato and the dog really knew anything about that night.

by Anonymousreply 18111/14/2010

I have enjoyed reading this entire thread. Thanks to the posters who dished some juicy details.

I was working in LA during the trial, and when the jury reported that they had reached a verdict, Judge Ito announced that the jury would not be read until the next day, so that the police force could be prepared--they planned to mobilize cops on horseback (?)

My coworker and I were staying at the Doubletree in Santa Monica, and we decided to work in the hotel the next day instead of going into the office so we could watch it all unfold on TV. Also, he was a black guy and said that he didn't want to drive around LA with a white girl after OJ was released. He had a wife and a kid on the way and was worried that someone would drag him out of our Alamo Rent-a-Car and pull a Reginald Denny on his ass.

One weekend during the trial, I had a friend from college fly out to LA for the weekend and we had a few cocktails and visited the Bundy townhouse. There was still yellow tape around the front of the house. It was amazing how small the murder area was---it was just a narrow walkway with some lush foliage which provided some privacy, I guess. Bundy is an exit off I-10 and had a fair amount of traffic. There was a huge police presence trying to slow down the rubberneckers and annoying tourists (like us). We made the drive from Bundy to Rockingham using our Alamo map and did it within 15 minutes. Rockingham had been blocked off by then--you couldn't even drive by OJ's house if you didn't live there.

(Remember Hey Now Hank Kingsley complaining about this on Larry Sanders? He lived on Rockingham, ha ha.)

Does anybody else find it odd that James Woods manages to insert himself into the Big Tragic Stories? Remember his story about seeing the Al Queda guys on a test flight before 9-11? I highly doubt Nicole was attracted to him---look at the other men she was with. OJ, Marcus Allen, maybe even Ron Goldman. Sure James Woods has a huge dick, but it's not like that was new to her.

And the candles lit by the bathtub always made me think that Nicole was expecting someone....maybe even OJ.

by Anonymousreply 18211/14/2010

R175, he was also married with kids but it didn't stop the whore from moving in with him.

by Anonymousreply 18311/14/2010

I think you have problems R174

by Anonymousreply 18411/14/2010

I saw the autopsy report when I was living in LA at the time. Nicole was practically beheaded. It was brutal.

by Anonymousreply 18511/14/2010

Anybody have links to the crime site photos?

by Anonymousreply 18611/14/2010

I have seen them r186.%0D %0D I promise you, you don't want to see. Horrible.%0D %0D You think you do, but you don't.

by Anonymousreply 18711/14/2010

Unless you're somehow connected to the LA Coroners office, r187, I just can't see how those photos would be available for public viewing. At least the more graphic ones anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18811/14/2010

r188, I did see photos, and to me, they were graphic. Lots of blood, and if I remember correctly, odd angling of the body. I guess it is how someone falls after there neck is sliced.%0D %0D Glad I didn't see the "more" graphic ones.%0D %0D was ron's throat slashed too?

by Anonymousreply 18911/14/2010

You can just Google the pios, there is a horrendous one of Nicole on the slab before they washed her off, her face and hair coated in blood. The SOB really did a number on her. She had multiple lacerations on her head and hands.%0D %0D Both Nicole and Ron died with their eyes open.

by Anonymousreply 19011/15/2010

What are pios?

by Anonymousreply 19111/15/2010

Kato was just a guy Nicole was fucking on a ski trip she took and brought him home to meet the kids,they shacked for a while named a dog after him and then he moved in with OJ to keep tabs on ex hubby to make sure he wasnt still getting that pussy!

by Anonymousreply 19203/16/2011

R191, pios are like cak and graxy.

by Anonymousreply 19303/16/2011

R7, it seems they were her mother's eye glasses that fell into the gutter. Maybe the lady couldn't see, and it was urgent enough to bring them over.

by Anonymousreply 19403/16/2011

Who's keeping him now? He seems like a sponge.

by Anonymousreply 19503/22/2011

Whatever issues Fuhrman had it made no sense that he would plant the glove. OJ's whereabouts that night were unknown at that point and he easily could have been at some public function with 500 people as his alibi

OJ's g/f Paula Barbieri said what convinced her of his guilt was the way he struggled to get the glove on his hand but then pulled it off so quickly and easily. I think that was in her book

The eyeglasses did not belong to Nicole, she wasn't using them to lure Ron to her place. They were her mom's prescription glasses and she had called Nicole to ask if she or the kids picked them up after realizing gramma left them behind. Nicole didn't have them, she called Mezzaluna, the glasses were located, and Ron volunteered to bring them to Nicole because he'd finished his shift and was leaving anyway

When LAPD contacted OJ in Chicago they told him there had been an incident involving his ex-wife, and he didn't ask "which one?" (there were two exes)

I didn't believe the testimony of the couple who walked by Nicole's place at the end of their date that night, which had to do with the time of the murders. They said they didn't see the bodies, but I went there (crime scene photos in hand) and, from the sidewalk, they couldn't have seen anyone on the ground in that very small kill zone. So their testimony re the time was meaningless, in my opinion

I believe the woman who said she had a near-miss with OJ's vehicle at San Vicente and Bundy that night. I went there also and saw that a speeding driver would not have a clear lookout at that intersection. Too bad she sold her story and wasn't used as a witness in court

I confess to being one of those who lived and breathed that trial. The greeting on my answering machine said "I'm watching the trial so leave a message and I'll call you back when we have a verdict"

I couldn't believe my good fortune when it was announced that the jury had a verdict but it wouldn't be read until the following morning. I immediately planned to call in sick, which I did, and I knew they were on to me but I was like "cough, cough, prove it, sneeze, sneeze"

by Anonymousreply 19603/13/2013

Wow. There are actually some dumb fucks who think OJ didn't kill Nicole and Ron. Maybe they're just pretending to believe that for agenda-driven reasons of their own. It's hard to believe that anyone able to use a keyboard is that incredibly fucking stupid but I guess with white supremacists and teabaggers and 9/11 deniers posting shit all over the internet, it is obviously possible.

OJ Simpson is "absolutely, 100 percent" guilty of double homicide. Everyone knows he did it, anyone too stubborn and/or too stupid to believe the evidence can't miss the fact that he's been confessing to it for years. Dumb fucks.

This is the deal with the OJ criminal trial: It is arguable that the LAPD deserved that verdict, OJ Simpson did not deserve that verdict and a rational argument cannot be made that he did.

The End

by Anonymousreply 19703/13/2013

By all accounts Nicole was a loyal friend and excellent mother.

by Anonymousreply 19803/13/2013

but she was basically a dumb cokewhore

by Anonymousreply 19903/13/2013

No, she was a starstruck kid who was waiting tables and attracted the attention of OJ. She didn't even have much of a chance to grow up but this was in a time (1977) that teenage groupies were celebrated. A rich, attractive and famous guy singles you out? Any of you would've done the same. If you say you wouldn't, you're lying. Her mom pretty much did the same thing marrying an American soldier in post war Germany. That doesn't make them (or you) whores.

She liked drugs. So what? Lots of people do and they live their lives just fine. Most people who judge others drug taking have never even tried pot. Besides, she grew up in a time when coke wasn't even believed to be addictive. In LA.

She really was a great mom and there are so many stories of her being a good friend. I'm not sure what you pigeons think you accomplish by flying through a thread and shitting all over a corpse.

by Anonymousreply 20003/13/2013

She was an opportunistic little cunt, who are you, the whore apologist?

by Anonymousreply 20103/13/2013

This case, like the Manson murders, are fascinating.

40 years from now, people will still be talking about this case...like they do with the Manson murders.

by Anonymousreply 20203/13/2013

my friend freaks me out sometimes he's so obsessed with Manson murders. Late week he brought the dvd of "Helter Skelter" over, it's damned depressing and slooow. I had to ask him if we could put something more upbeat in the player. Then he left!

by Anonymousreply 20303/13/2013

He was his LOVAH!

And I know all about it!

by Anonymousreply 20403/13/2013

OJ allegedly spells out what happened (how/why he killed them) in his book "If I did it"

The release of the book was canceled due to outrage at the time, but apparently the Goldmans released it after being awarded rights as part of the civil case. You can see it at Amazon.

Apparently, he goes on and on about Nicole and the games she played, her drug and sex history, inability to care for their kids, etc.

He went over to confront her about the dance recital snub -- some guy named Charlie was there w/the knife and he stabbed Goldman in self defense. I think he dumped the evidence in Chicago.

I'm too lazy to look it all up again. Below is TMZ's story at the time and you can also look up "if I did it" at amazon.

by Anonymousreply 20503/13/2013

I was just thinking about Howard Stern and his OJ coverage and how he would send out Stuttering John to do interviews about it. I guess OJ fucked Tawny Kitaen and dated her maybe so John went to see her. He said something like, "Tawny, OJ said you were his first true love, do you have any comments on this?" and of course he made it up because OJ didn't say that but that dumb bitch Tawny got a really happy look on here face and said, "I have two words for America, not guilty!" What a deluded dummy.

by Anonymousreply 20603/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.