Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ketosis breath

I'm starting a diet that will have me in ketosis. Exactly how bad am I going to smell, and is there anything I can do about it besides chew gum?

by Ughreply 2301/16/2013

Gross. Stay in the fucking house.

by Ughreply 111/05/2010

What made you decide to destroy your muscle tissue instead of eating sensibly?

by Ughreply 211/05/2010

Ketosis means you're doing it wrong. So stink.

by Ughreply 311/05/2010

by Ughreply 411/05/2010

Ketosis breath is your body's way of telling you "Jesus Christ! Eat a muffin already!"

by Ughreply 511/05/2010

So no one here has ever done Atkins or anything similar? That's basically what I'm going to be doing.

by Ughreply 611/05/2010

I'm Medifast, which induces a mild state of ketosis. While some people describe it as a metallic taste in their mouth to me it's more of a sweet taste. Almost like flouridated water. I don't chew gum or have mints (carbs) but brush my teeth throughout the day and use Listerine breath strips.

by Ughreply 711/05/2010

It can be very dangerous. You should not do a diet like that unless you are under a doctors care.

by Ughreply 811/05/2010

"I don't chew gum or have mints (carbs)"%0D %0D Oh, good fucking Christ, have a mint already.%0D %0D I HATE people who balk at the caloric count of a Tic-Tac.%0D %0D Yes, I said HATE.

by Ughreply 1011/05/2010

[quote]I HATE people who balk at the caloric count of a Tic-Tac.

Try to remember that anyone who would do that is mentally ill. They need your compassion.

by Ughreply 1111/05/2010

[quote] They are confusing ketosis wtih ketoacidosis,

No we aren't. I've done Atkins, I've been through ketosis. It's not a healthy or natural state.

by Ughreply 1211/05/2010

If ONLY a tic-tac would help!

by Ughreply 1311/05/2010

You're an idiot, r12. EVERYONE experiences ketosis every day as they burn calories.

by Ughreply 1411/05/2010

R14, we're talking about ketosis to the point where ketones are spilling out into your breath making it stink. This is not a normal, healthy situation. Do at least try to keep up, you moron.

by Ughreply 1511/06/2010

"Low-carb diets can cause your body to go into a dangerous metabolic state called ketosis since your body burns fat instead of glucose for energy. During ketosis, the body forms substances known as ketones, which can cause organs to fail and result in gout, kidney stones, or kidney failure. Ketones can also dull a person's appetite, cause nausea and bad breath. Ketosis can be prevented by eating at least 100 grams of carbohydrates a day."

by Ughreply 1611/06/2010

Are they really still peddling that Optifast/Medifast diet? No one keeps the weight off once the diet stops.%0D %0D Eating very low carb deprives your body of energy. You become a tired, cranky bitch. Eat a certain amount of complex carbs, or you will join Mr. Medifast in gaining weight back quickly.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Ughreply 1711/06/2010

A friend from college has become quite a friend of Tina. When he was last around, he would forget to put down the pipe and forget to pick up a sandwich.

As a result, his body went into ketosis. Starved for nutrition, it began digesting itself.

The stench that came out of his mouth, other than the meth smoke smell, was of rotting flesh.

by Ughreply 1811/06/2010

Drink plenty of water, OP. This will help rid your body of the ketosis toxins that cause bad breath. Also brush and gargle even more than usual.

by Ughreply 1911/06/2010

[quote]"Low-carb diets can cause your body to go into a dangerous metabolic state called ketosis since your body burns fat instead of glucose for energy.

Your body burns more muscle than fat making you a thin fat person who fucking reeks.

by Ughreply 2111/06/2010

I got these after I went on a ketosis diet. Hard to say if it worked b/c I didn't run up to people and say "Do I smell less like shit than I did last week?" but the "ketosis taste" in my mouth went away and since I'd quit drinking alcohol too, I think it helped with the sweating it out stench. Did have a stomach ache which is a side affect of the bodymint but it also could have been the constipation from quitting the booze.

by Ughreply 2211/06/2010

This is for r17. Medifast or Take Shape For Life, is not supposed to be a fad diet. It is a lifestyle change for optimal health. If you had a free health coach from TSFL, you would know this. You can also do more damage to your body by continuing the yo-yo effect of going on and off diets. If you follow the TSFL plan then ketosis should only be temporary, until you reach your goal weight. Then you enter the transition phase and onto the maintenance phase where you develop healthy eating habits for life. Giving you optimal health, where your body is more healthy and more resistant to illness and disease. I am also in ketosis and on the TSFL plan. I have lost 80 lbs. and have 54 lbs. to go before I reach goal weight. I have gotten over my food addictions and have no desire to return to my "fat past". So please before you go slandering a company who has already helped over 100,000 people achieve optimal health, do your homework.

by Ughreply 2301/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!