Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

That stupid "ParentHood" show - Does anyone here actually watch it?

I say "stupid" not because I've seen it, but the commercials for it make me nauseous with the acappella "dah dah da dah dah dah dahhh" music, tight shots of the cast members looking pensively into the camera or repeating some mega cheesy line, the dark haired woman who seems like she poses for every shot of every scene she's in. Seriously, it must be the most douchey show on television if it resembles the commercials in the least.

by Anonymousreply 60001/19/2015

It's terrible. I've tried to watch it a few times and it is so boring. Would take Cougar Town over this and that's saying A LOT.

by Anonymousreply 111/05/2010

R1, Cougar Town has been kinda funny a few times, but yeah, it wears on you. This stupid Parenthood crap looks painfully contrived and pretentious. It looks like they're trying really hard to be a more hip '30 Something'.

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2010

The shirtless scenes of Sam Jaeger make it all worth it!

by Anonymousreply 511/05/2010

My mother LOVES the show! I really hope they cancel it so I won't have to keep hearing about it from her.

by Anonymousreply 611/05/2010

LOL R3! They're doing that stupid line reading shtick at the end of the show a'la Grey's Anatomy? I'm so sick of that trend.

by Anonymousreply 711/05/2010

I watch and really enjoy it. It's well done.

by Anonymousreply 811/05/2010

While I find Dax Shepard and his whole storyline as annoying as everyone does, I do watch and enjoy the show. It's got a good cast and can be both amusing and touching. And it's great to see Bonnie Bedelia again!

by Anonymousreply 911/05/2010

It looks like one of those sappy shows a la "Judging Amy" or "Gilmore Girls" with a few more male actors thrown in. And when I see that terrible actor with a bad 90's hair parted in the middle I feel like punching the screen.

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2010

My mom likes it too.

by Anonymousreply 1211/05/2010

I love my family but all that together time is really unrealistic. I keep waiting for their spouses to say something like "Why do you spend so much time with your siblings? Are you fucking?" I mean it's constant and elaborate togetherness. I do like Ann (her?) from Arrested Development. Her proximity to the other uptalking and hammy adults really makes her shine. The little Aspergers afflicted child is fucking birth control.

by Anonymousreply 1311/05/2010

Surprisingly to me, I enjoy the show too. It's very mellow and the plotlines are very lowkey. It's like Brothers & Sisters but with more day to day type situations.%0D %0D I think the acting is pretty decent. Sam Jaeger is ADORABLE and Lauren Graham, as much as I want to hate her, is very very likable.%0D %0D It's sort of a cozy Gilmore Girls type show but I like it. Maybe it's just because I'm a lonely single guy in his 40s craving family at this juncture?

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2010

Sam Jaeger is a GOD!

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2010

I think the best one is Amber (Mae Whitman); she's a fine actress when she's given something good to work with.

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2010

It is like Brothers & Sisters, only written by humans not software. A couple episodes ago Sam Jaeger had something I've never seen on network: A hard on. He played a scene where he was on top of his wife, fucking, and then they ran to their daughter's room. When he sat on the bed, he had a hard on. He looked down at it. There was a cut and suddenly the blanket that had been behind him was on his lap.

by Anonymousreply 1711/05/2010

I watching to see whether or not Lauren Graham's son is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1811/05/2010

I enjoy it too. There is a lot of talent in the cast, but it can be annoying. Monica Potter's character is so uptight! That screaming Aspergers kid is out of control sometimes too. I didn't like Dax Shepard at first but he's grown on me. There is a lot to like and it can sometimes be very funny.

by Anonymousreply 1911/05/2010

I actually watch the show with my wife. Its not bad as a soap opera goes. However, Dax Shepherd needs to shave off that disgusting patchy ass beard, and wash the filthy oil outta his hair. I really like Bonnie B character but I admit i'm glad that they ended the relationship between the young girl and the former drunk black dude as I could not stand that storyline.Otherwise the show is pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2011

Peter Krause plays the same character he always plays: the pretty, self-involved straight man who thinks his shit doesn't stink even though it usually reeks.

Lauren Graham is the female version of Peter Krause.

Bonnie Bedelia is great but the plots are contrived and this family spends way too much time together.

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2011

I watched most of the first season hoping it would get better. Whoever called it mellow is on the right track. I'd call it sedate. Everything about it is just so...mediocre. A fine cast stuck with bland writing and cliche situations. And even though it had continuing story arcs it still felt like they tried to resolve everything neatly by the end of the hour. And yes, way too much family together time - though "Brothers and Sisters" was guilty of the same contrivance.

I wanted to like it because the movie "Parenthood" is one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2011

Why does NBC have such a hardon for this shit show? First of all, it's semi-based on a movie that's like 20 years old. Next, it's ratings haven't been that great. It was taken off the air for a long hiatus, and is now back. It's just CRAP and I cannot understand why it keeps coming back??

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2011

Bonnie Bedelia always sounds as if she's high or slightly drunk.

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2011

[quote]Bonnie Bedelia always sounds as if she's high or slightly drunk.

Maybe she and Craig T. Nelson share a joint before their workday starts?

The young man who plays the child living with mild autism does a very fine job in his role and he is an elementary schoolboy I think. He has a very fine talent.

This show is just pure melodrama.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2011

I'm assuming the only reason NBC keeps it on, is because they have NOTHING to replace it with.

I LOVED the first season, and have watched off and on since then.

I like most of the actors, the writing is the problem for me.

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2011

People want to believe that being a parent, even with all of its downsides, is a worthwhile life. The research says otherwise. This horrible show is a way for those people to shake their heads at the characters in sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2011

I like this show a lot, even though it can be too precious and annoying (all that naturalistic talking over one another while cloying acoustic sensitive music plays in the background).

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2011

Weren't they trying to make Monica Potter happen a few years back? The next Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2011

"Dax Shepherd is punchable."

Best thing I've read all day.

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2011

Oh please. This show is Brothers and Sisters without gay themes. DL wanted to offer up Patty Duke for awards because of Brothers and Sisters.

Same formula, same writing, same themes, just for straights.

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2011

[quote]DL wanted to offer up Patty Duke for awards because of Brothers and Sisters.

Oh. No. You. [italic]Di'n't.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 3511/25/2011

[quote]I'm assuming the only reason NBC keeps it on, is because they have NOTHING to replace it with.

by Anonymousreply 3611/25/2011

That looks like a really interesting show R36. Why was it never aired?

by Anonymousreply 3711/25/2011

After watching the trailer for Awake, I'm not as excited to see it, anymore.

Looks confusing.

by Anonymousreply 3811/25/2011

It's low-key, but good.

Both Lauren's and Peter's characters are different from those that they played on GG and 6FU.

by Anonymousreply 3911/25/2011

Peter's character on 6FU always thought his life and his problems were always the most important. His character thought that knocking up some woman was something he invented. (It was especially wonderful to watch his character try to justify the boring relationship he had with wackadoodle.) His character didn't think anyone should judge him and that he was always right.

Sounds like Parenthood to me.

by Anonymousreply 4011/25/2011

Outside of Dax - who I can't stand unless he's interacting with the whole family - I love the show. Great acting, touching moments and while yes, a tv drama, it does feel authentic at times in terms of family relations (yeah, it gets a little cutesy, but there's an undercurrent of honesty in it all).

by Anonymousreply 4111/25/2011

PK's role on Parenthood is more like David (Michael Hall) than it was like Nate on 6FU. PK's Parenthood character is the uptight business man who takes care of everybody - that's not Nate.

by Anonymousreply 4212/12/2011

Lauren Graham recently on Conan. So adorable

by Anonymousreply 4309/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 4410/23/2012

I heart thus show. I'm watching it right now.

I also heart Jason Ritter. Ray Roman I'm on the fence.

by Anonymousreply 4510/23/2012

There's more crying this season.

by Anonymousreply 4610/23/2012

Is Greg Berlanti involved with this show in any capacity since it has that tacky quality so typical of his writing?

by Anonymousreply 4710/23/2012

I watched it twice. Hate it. Why anyone who has kids would want to watch a show that repeats the most stressful part of parenting escapes me. Arguments with attitude drenched teenagers, screamIng babies and spousal arguments. I mean seriously I do not get it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/19/2012

I watch for Lauren Graham.

by Anonymousreply 4911/19/2012

Yes, Lauren is gorgeous. Erika Christensen is also nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 5011/19/2012

Sam Jaegar and Erika Christensen interview

by Anonymousreply 5111/23/2012

Oh dear in two weeks we are getting a very special Christmas episode I'm already crying.

So Jason Ritter dumped Lauralei and we are stuck with Ray Ramono.

I'm crying again.

by Anonymousreply 5212/05/2012

Is Dax Shepard capable of closing his mouth? Every time I see a photo of him or he is on screen, his simian maw is wide open.

by Anonymousreply 5312/05/2012

I can't watch it. The promos featuring Ray Romano as a romantic interest gross me out.

by Anonymousreply 5512/05/2012

Why is Lauren Graham so bloated?

by Anonymousreply 5612/05/2012

It's the very special episode DL peeps.

Get watching

by Anonymousreply 5712/11/2012

R56 - I think she just gained a little weight.

by Anonymousreply 5812/11/2012

I got a little verklemph at the end.

by Anonymousreply 5912/11/2012

It's like a glittery bowel movement wrapped in a vomit crêpe.

by Anonymousreply 6012/12/2012

I like this show. It is a little like thirtysomething, and nothing like the Parenthood movie, which I barely remember (I only know I saw it because it came out squarely in the middle of my "Must See Everything Keanu" period.

I don't love it. The Bravermans aren't my favorite TV family. Zeke drives me up a wall, but it could partly be because Craig Nelson's an archconservative. Lauren Graham's character makes me want to leave the room at times.

But I love Mae Whitman. She really is my favorite actress of her generation, maybe except for Emma Stone. I like Monica Potter, who I thought was such a twit on a David E. Kelley lawyer show.

And most of all, I love Peter KRAUzah. I'll really watch anything he's in. He made me cry tonight.

by Anonymousreply 6112/12/2012

Mae is a delight, and she's really grown into the role.

I like these characters more than the ones on thirtysomething.

by Anonymousreply 6212/12/2012

Wow. Pretty ignorant you all are or super immature. It is a fabulous show and deals with the realities of what real life brings to the table. It not a show for closed minded morons like everyone on here bashing the show. The show is great and has an intense and very realistic story line.

by Anonymousreply 6301/01/2013

Like "Thirtysomething"???

More like "Late Fortysomething".

by Anonymousreply 6401/01/2013

The older sibs are in their early 40s, the younger sibs are in their early to mid 30s.

by Anonymousreply 6501/01/2013

Peter Krause is turning 49 this year and Lauren Graham is turning 46 in March.

by Anonymousreply 6601/01/2013

Peter Krause used to be cute, but now he looks like Rick Steves without the glasses:

by Anonymousreply 6701/01/2013

Drew should have been gay.

by Anonymousreply 6801/01/2013

R66 - yes, but they both look a decade younger and play slightly younger characters.

by Anonymousreply 6901/02/2013

Kristina asked Adam when he had his first boner. And she used the word "boner."

by Anonymousreply 7001/08/2013

This is a quality show.

by Anonymousreply 7101/08/2013

How did Adam respond, R70?

by Anonymousreply 7201/08/2013

He said he was the same age as Max (their autistic son), who is about 13.

by Anonymousreply 7301/08/2013

Gasp! Abortion!!

by Anonymousreply 7401/08/2013

Who should Sarah choose? Jason Ritter or Ray Ramono?

by Anonymousreply 7501/12/2013

[quote]He said he was the same age as Max (their autistic son), who is about 13.

That seems a little late. I remember having boners as early as 5. I probably had them younger, but I remember an incident at 5 when I was turned on by seeing a friend's father nude. I needed to pee and walked into the bathroom. He had just showered and was drying off. He was handsome too in a Clark Kent nerdy glasses way, which I had noticed even at that tender age. Anyway, I must've been staring at his cock 'cause he asked me what I needed and that's when I looked up. I didn't say anything and just ran out, my desire to pee gone. But I had a little stiffy.

by Anonymousreply 7601/13/2013

Who cares, R76?

by Anonymousreply 7701/13/2013

[quote]Who should Sarah choose? Jason Ritter or Ray Ramono?

Jason Ritter, even if he is too good for her.

by Anonymousreply 7801/13/2013

Lauren Graham has come out as a compulsive eater and has put on 40 pounds in the last year because she's stopped taking stimulants/doing coke to suppress her appetite. She's trying to work on the emotional causes of her eating. That's all well and good but my God does she look fat recently.

by Anonymousreply 7901/13/2013

Of course she should choose Ray Romano. They just fit together better and have better chemistry. Jason Ritter looks like her son.

by Anonymousreply 8001/13/2013

[quote]But I love Mae Whitman. She really is my favorite actress of her generation

by Anonymousreply 8101/13/2013

How old is Christina Erickson's character supposed to be? She's 30 in real life. That means she would have been 26 during the first season with a 7 year old daughter, a giant house, and supporting a stay-at-home dad. Seems unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 8201/13/2013

What do we think of new series regular Ryan?

I can't believe they made him go into the ocean in briefs and Mae had to straddle him. She definitely felt every inch of his penis through that thin wet fabric.

by Anonymousreply 8301/13/2013

Maybe because I don't have any first hand experience with autism, but it seems like Max's parents need outside help in terms of strategies to deal with him. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought in earlier episodes/season they had a counselor or would refer to one. Now he just acts out and they wring their hands. Perhaps it's an accurate characterization, but it's frustrating to watch.

Ditto with the adopted kid. He misbehaves and Julia sort of throws her hands in the air and leaves the room. Um, okay.

by Anonymousreply 8401/13/2013

R84, they did have a behavioral therapist named Gaby. She worked with Max in the first and second seasons. Then Crosby seduced her and slept with her because he was having problems with his fiancée, Jasmine. After that, Gaby quit and went to work for another family. I don't recall if Adam and Kristina considered getting another therapist, but they did decide to mainstream him. Max is now attending regular middle school.

As for Julia, she's at her wits' end. Two weeks ago, in the episode when Victor threw the metal bat at the glass door, she physically forced him to his room. And in the latest episode, when he was refusing to come to dinner and they discovered he had been hoarding candy in his room, Julia snatched the candy from him (while he sat on the bed, defiantly), which knocked him off-balance and he did a face-plant on the floor. He anonymously called the police to report the "abuse," which just sent her through the roof. The episode ended with the adoption agent stopping by and Julia saying she doesn't think she can go through with the finalization.

by Anonymousreply 8501/13/2013

Good, they should send that little brat back. Hopefully they won't say no refunds.

by Anonymousreply 8601/13/2013

That little adopted kid and Max are both obnoxious, are Asberger's people really that bad? Max seems to be just a slightly higher functioning Autistic.

by Anonymousreply 8701/13/2013

Max is easily the most annoying character on that show. And no, not all children with Aspergers are that bad. My godson has been diagnosed with it since age 4 and trust me if he behaved like Max, his parents would have back handed him into next week. He is very intelligent, does get over over-focused onto certain subjects (i.e. clouds, weather, pencils) , does have some impulse control issues (that's getting better as he gets older and his parents work on him with it) and does need to be reminded to play with other kids because if left to his own devices, he won't think to ask or join in. But he is a well behaved kid.

I think Parenthood, overall, is worth watching. The characters that need to be improved are definitely Max and Sarah. I really want to like Sarah but I just can't. Monica Potter is doing fantastic work this season.

by Anonymousreply 8801/13/2013

Max is based on writer/creator/executive producer Jason Katim's own son, who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I've also read that not all people with Asperger's react the same way. So maybe Max is written as Katim's son is.

by Anonymousreply 8901/13/2013

You'd think a show like this would be Emmy bait, but it's been nominated once (the marginal "guest actor") and it lost.

by Anonymousreply 9001/13/2013

[quote]You'd think a show like this would be Emmy bait, but it's been nominated once (the marginal "guest actor") and it lost.

I know! I was surprised to learn that it's been overlooked by the Emmys. It's got some great acting and writing, IMO. I don't know why Jason Ritter got a Guest Actor nom last year. He's been serviceable, but nothing great. I thought that Richard Dreyfus as Zeeke's playwright friend and old war buddy in Season 2 was more impressive, but he didn't get a nod.

by Anonymousreply 9101/13/2013

R81, yes. R82, you mean Erika Christensen, who plays Julia. Hers isn’t the only “Huh?” age on Parenthood. According to what Kristina (the character) told the guy at the hotel, she had to have been pregnant with Haddie when she was a teenager (assuming Haddie didn’t skip two grades).

R83, yes Ryan is hot. *Poor* Mae Whitman having to feel Matt Lauria’s penis on her leg (if what I mean by "poor" is “Nice work if you can get it”).

R84, R85, R86, R87: I wish they’d send Victor back. That was no accident, the way he threw that bat at Sydney (who IMO was the most obnoxious child on prime time before Victor’s arrival, but still…)

I don’t mind Max, and I think the kid who plays him is doing a great job. Plus we got to hear someone say “balls” on primetime network TV for what I think was the first time ever.

by Anonymousreply 9201/13/2013

[quote]I don’t mind Max, and I think the kid who plays him is doing a great job. Plus we got to hear someone say “balls” on primetime network TV for what I think was the first time ever.

Yes! Max can be insufferable, but he was hilarious in the last episode, when he was so matter-of-fact about his puberty when his grandparents came over to visit and his mom was preparing dinner. "Hi, grandpa, I've got pubic hair." That whole scene was hilarious! And later when he told his mom he washed his armpits, butt, and balls like his dad told him to. LOL! Major kudos to the young actor who was able to deliver ALL his dialogue this week with sincerity and without cracking a smile.

by Anonymousreply 9301/13/2013

That's because the actor really have Asperger's. It isn't acting.

by Anonymousreply 9401/13/2013

No, he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 9501/13/2013

It's criminal that 666 Park was cancelled and yet the networks keep garbage like this, and Revolution.

by Anonymousreply 9601/13/2013

Call me.

by Anonymousreply 9701/13/2013

R96 You, clearly, are a connoisseur of all that is fine, nuanced and profound.

by Anonymousreply 9801/13/2013

R94, no, Max Burkholder does not have Asperger's. Only Max Braverman, the character.

R96, while I agree it would be nice to have a show with Dave Annable in it, 666 Park Avenue was a true turd of a program.

I wish ABC would have put Revenge on at 10. It got so crapulent, I started watching The Good Wife in real time, with the thought that I'd watch Revenge online. But it turned out I don't want to watch Revenge.

But 666 Park Avenue, ewwwww...

BTW, the building they used is the Ansonia, at 73rd (I think) and Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 9901/13/2013

R99: 666 was a turd BECAUSE Dave Annable was in it.

He is AWFUL in everything. He is such a bad actor. He has two facial expressions, neither interesting.

by Anonymousreply 10001/13/2013

It was very disappointing that Drew did not turn out to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 10101/13/2013

I agree with OP - this show is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10201/13/2013

Oh, yeah, R101. Cute as can be.

Along that line, I was thinking when Max told Adam he didn't want to talk any further about how he was going to start to think of girls differently, that maybe it was because that's the way he's starting to think about *boys*.

by Anonymousreply 10301/13/2013

My favorite Parenthood moment was when Julia and her handsome husband were fooling around on their bed. He was just wearing boxers.

Their daughter came in the room and they sat up to talk to her.

I was shocked to see that he had a woody. My suspicion was confirmed when he was suddenly sitting with a blanket over his lap, which appeared from nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 10401/13/2013

Kristina's bald skin cap is so ridiculous...she looks like a light bulb or a space's a good show overall, although it IS ripe for parody...the over-earnest acoustic singer-songwriter music, the overlapping dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 10501/13/2013

I got that same inkling too, R103, especially when Zeke and Adam were really pushing the "you'll start thinking about girls differently" thing and Max would have none of it.

by Anonymousreply 10601/13/2013

R105: She does look like a light bulb!

by Anonymousreply 10701/13/2013

I love the music, R105. A respite from the crap they used to play on, say, Gossip Girl, is a lovely thing, however brief.

I heard the Lumineers' "Ho Hey" and Ben Gibbard's "Lady Adelaide" for the first time on Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 10801/13/2013

I hate shows about WWII. Can we get over it? I'm sick of Nazi uniforms, the holocaust, mushroom clouds, Battan death march, the Blitz, desert rats and the obligatory 3 second mention of the Russian front.

I've never watched one of these shows but goddamned PBS is always with the sky full of propellor planes and the white tombstones in Normandy.

by Anonymousreply 10901/13/2013

Wrong thread, I think, R109.

by Anonymousreply 11001/13/2013

[quote]I love the music

I take exception with the theme song. I can't fast forward quickly enough to get past Bob Dylan's "singing."

by Anonymousreply 11101/13/2013

It is kind of jarring, R111, listening to Dylan bleat that out. I forget who my imprint version of "Forever Young" was by, but it wasn't Bob Dylan.

I like Bob Dylan. I have all his albums through Desire, but I can only listen to them in tiny doses.

by Anonymousreply 11201/13/2013

Ray Romano is hideously repulsive. He just looks filthy. So, no, Sarah should definitely not choose him. Besides she still loves that boy!

by Anonymousreply 11301/13/2013

Ray Romano does look as if he smells really bad.

He is so unattractive, but it is so unbelievable that John Ritter's son would be hot for a bloated, older lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 11401/13/2013

Ray Romano. I could never watch the Raymond show because of him.

Sarah, choose Mr. Cyr for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 11501/13/2013

The show is called Parenthood but all the children on this show are so obnoxious it would turn anyone off of the idea of becoming a parent.

by Anonymousreply 11601/13/2013

Last nights show. Dax' s ma in is a piece of work. Passive aggressive off the chains.

So Kristina gets a healthy vending machine and at the end Max is showered with skittles. Makes perfect sense.

Season finale. Who will lauralei choose?

by Anonymousreply 11701/16/2013

They said "balls" again. It was Joel's turn last night.

by Anonymousreply 11801/16/2013

Sarah should just find a nice woman. She might do very well as a later-in-life lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 11901/16/2013

R119, I'd much rather see her be with Jason Ritter than Ray Romano. She doesn't ping for me at all (not that I'm the final arbiter in matters Sapphic).

by Anonymousreply 12001/16/2013

I'd love to see Lauren Graham play a lesbian, but I don't see Sarah as one.

by Anonymousreply 12101/16/2013

However annoying, the actor that play Max does a phenominal job.

Jason Ritter is dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 12201/16/2013

Hitting bookstores this week is Lawrence Wright’s “Going Clear” — an examination of the Church of Scientology told in part through the journey of a Hollywood apostate — and at least one Hollywood actress is seeking to make Scientology detractors look foolish.

Erika Christensen, an actress on NBC’s “Parenthood,” appeared on her costar Joy Bryant’s Web talk show “Across the Board” (where the guests stand-up paddleboard while talking), and is immediately hit with a question about the biggest misconceptions about Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 12301/16/2013

They haven't canceled this show?

by Anonymousreply 12401/16/2013

Yay, Kristen Bell is joining the show and will direct some episodes. She'll play the woman who comes in between Dax and Joy Bryant. You notice how they're vilifying her now making her so demanding about throwing parties and forcing her mother on Dax.

by Anonymousreply 12501/17/2013

[quote]So Kristina gets a healthy vending machine and at the end Max is showered with skittles. Makes perfect sense.

That was beyond stupid. I was waiting for the celebrating children to look in the machine and yell, "Where the fuck is the Coke and candy?"

I don't believe that a child as ugly as Max could come from those parents.

by Anonymousreply 12601/17/2013

Could you see Lauren Graham and Erika Christensen being related?

by Anonymousreply 12701/17/2013

[quote]I don't believe that a child as ugly as Max could come from those parents.

How soon people forget the Willis-Moore spawn.

by Anonymousreply 12801/17/2013

Why does a photographer need an assistant? What does the assistant do all day?

by Anonymousreply 12901/17/2013

If the Jason Ritter character and Sarah were together in real life, EVERYONE would be saying that he must be gay and she must be bearding for him- since he is supposed to be like 25 and she is frumpy and aging badly. It's like all those other gay guys ( Hugh Jackman, George HW Bush) with the motherly wives.

by Anonymousreply 13001/17/2013

R125 is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 13101/17/2013

Damn, R130. Imagine a world in which GHWB had settled down with a guy and not have bred.

by Anonymousreply 13201/17/2013

R130 - Lauren is not aging badly.

by Anonymousreply 13301/18/2013

It's a good show, if it had a gay character you would all be just plain stupid and silly over the show.

by Anonymousreply 13401/18/2013

The whole Max at the vending machine celebrating his "victory" at the end was just corny.

by Anonymousreply 13501/18/2013

Can someone please explain Sarah's budding playwrighting career? She was touted as a surprise genius for her first effort, but now has to scrounge for peanuts pay as a photographer's assistant.

I thought the new school vending machine was supposed to be a mix of healthy snacks and candy. Good luck with that. Either way, a stupid story line. The last thing that kid needs is more sugar.

by Anonymousreply 13601/18/2013

This show is popular with older people, especially middle aged women. I think they like it because it represents dreams never achieved for them or perhaps what they THINK their lives were like back when they had young children.

Just seeing the promos for this silliness makes me feel sorry for all those lonely people who can't wait to see the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 13701/18/2013

I think it's a solid show overall with good acting and a good sense of humor, but it's not flawless, especially that awful ending with the kids throwing Skittles all over Max.

by Anonymousreply 13801/18/2013

Just a moment alone with Victor.

And then Max.

That's all I ask.

by Anonymousreply 13901/18/2013

R134, when Max stopped Adam from talking any further about how the way Max would relate to girls would change now that he'd hit puberty, I wondered if what Max didn't want to talk about was that what was changing was that he was beginning to see *boys* in a different way.

by Anonymousreply 14001/18/2013

R136 - Sarah was shown to have talent, but talent doesn't mean success.

by Anonymousreply 14101/18/2013

[quote]Sarah was shown to have talent, but talent doesn't mean success.

Sarah has also been shown to lack confidence. People have had to remind/tell her throughout the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 14201/18/2013

And I think that is one of the ways Sarah is different from the character Lauren Graham played on GG R142

by Anonymousreply 14301/18/2013

[quote]How old is Christina Erickson's character supposed to be? She's 30 in real life. That means she would have been 26 during the first season with a 7 year old daughter, a giant house, and supporting a stay-at-home dad. Seems unbelievable.

Do you mean Erika Christensen? I think she's the only one playing older than her age. In the first season, she was supposed to be around 30 or pushing 30 even though she was 27 in real life. I just rewatched the episode from Season 1 where Camille asks her kids to take out their stuff from the attic. Julia's daughter is looking at a yearbook that says "Class of 1997," which we find out is Julia's. That would make her 17 or 18. Also, they mention in Season 1 that Sydney is only 5, so Julia had her when she was around 25.

by Anonymousreply 14401/19/2013

[quote] Sarah was shown to have talent, but talent doesn't mean success.

Yes, but when you are writing a series, you don't make a big deal out of something and then drop it entirely.

That's bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 14501/19/2013

They lost me last season with the horrible storyline of Julia DESPERATELY wanting another child, despite the fact she was a total workaholic whose daughter was basically being raised by just Joel.

by Anonymousreply 14701/19/2013

As of the first season

Peter Krause's character (Adam) is 40. Lauren Graham's character (Sarah) is 38. Dax Sheppard's character (Crosby) is 32. Erika Christensen's character (Julia) is 30.

by Anonymousreply 14801/19/2013

Does Mrs Ramsey in Boulder Colorado deal in adults too? I would like to introduce her to Crosbys mom-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 14901/19/2013

Wow, what an insult to Erika Christensen to have her play 4 years older than she really is. It just says that she looks like shit. Even Monica Potter who is 42 in real life is playing 34 on the show. Monica can pull off 8 years younger but Erika can't even pull off her real age.

by Anonymousreply 15001/19/2013

Monica Potter's character is not 34. She has a 19 year old daughter! She and Peter's character met in college, so she's in her 40s. Erika looks 30.

by Anonymousreply 15101/19/2013

Either Kristina was lying when she said she was 34 or the writers goofed.

by Anonymousreply 15201/19/2013

[quote]Erika looks 30.

Yeah, because she's 30 in real life. But she's playing 35 on the show. Insult to Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 15301/19/2013

Thoughts on the season finale???? I just hope it wasn't the series finale.

by Anonymousreply 15401/28/2013

I was glad Amber and Ryan got back together. And that Drew's girlfriend is going to college in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 15501/28/2013

I cannot believe Sarah didn't choose Mark! As far as we've seen, he really has no flaws. He's understanding, patient with her, seems to want the same things as her, and is hot. I understand the character of Sarah has a long history of making wrong choices, but c'mon, Mark was literally begging to be with her!

I was also delighted by the Amber-Ryan relationship starting up again. The relationshipo is a little volatile at times but they are really passionate together.

by Anonymousreply 15601/28/2013

Sarah gambled and lost. She thought she had the luxury of telling young, cute cock to fuck off because she thought she had old, smelly cock.

She wound up with neither.

by Anonymousreply 15701/28/2013

Don't forget, Mark is young and probably wants kids someday, something that Sarah (who's over forty) won't be able to provide for him for long. At one point, when the subject was brought up last season, she even told him she doesn't want anymore kids. Mark said that was fine, he just wanted to be with her, but I could see it becoming an issue down the road... and I think Sarah did, too.

by Anonymousreply 15801/28/2013

Sarah is losing her looks. Her chin is melting and she looks bloated.

Mark would lose interest soon.

by Anonymousreply 15901/28/2013

Seriously R159? Lauren looks under 40 still.

by Anonymousreply 16001/28/2013

The fact that Mark likes Sarah is enough for him to be a turn-off for her. A lot of women are like that. If a man likes you and treats you well, it's a turn-off. If you are Chris Brown (or Ryan) and show that you will fly off the handle, that's attractive. Hopefully Amber will be beaten to death by her violent pill-popping guy. But I guess since he's a cute white guy, he gets a pass.

Sarah probably likes Hank because he's grumpy and immature. She can relate to being a middle-aged teenager.

by Anonymousreply 16101/30/2013

Lauren does not look younger anymore. She held-up well for awhile, maybe she just hit the wall this season. My wife is 40 and has none of that stuff going on with her face.

by Anonymousreply 16201/30/2013

The show has potential. Just get tired of the silly life direction of some of the characters in it. Plus all the confessing that goes on and on......

by Anonymousreply 16302/01/2013

Lauren Graham may be my least favorite actress. I can't stand the way she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 16402/01/2013

R162 - I disagree. Lauren still looks younger than her age.

by Anonymousreply 16502/02/2013

Pics of the cast: Peter has aged, Lauren still looks great!

by Anonymousreply 16603/08/2013

Cute pic of Erica

by Anonymousreply 16703/08/2013

NBC has renewed the show for another season.

by Anonymousreply 16804/26/2013

I don't watch it. It's just not my kind of thing.

I can't get down with shows that have a boring "Gilmore Girls" feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 16904/26/2013

I think Peter Krause is a handsome guy, but he is a bit wooden as an actor. He bores me.

by Anonymousreply 17104/26/2013

I would gargle Sam Jaeger's piss. Jesus Christ. Why are there so few gay men who look like that?

by Anonymousreply 17204/26/2013

Not only did NBC renew it, it is renewed for 22 episodes which is a full season, unlike the last one! This is a real good show, folks, although it can be annoying, much like a real family can be!

by Anonymousreply 17304/26/2013

R171, who [italic]do[/italic] you like as much as I like Peter Krause?

by Anonymousreply 17404/26/2013

The cast definitely needs an ensemble nomination at the SAGs -- and some Emmy love, too. I'm so sick of the same, old tired shows getting nominated every year. Some of them don't even deserve it. The Academy are just creatures of habit.

BTW: SHAMELESS deserves a few Emmyes, too.

by Anonymousreply 17504/26/2013

It's like Brothers & Sisters, only well written and, mercifully, without Rob Lowe.

by Anonymousreply 17604/26/2013

R176 - It's better than Brothers and Sisters, and not just because of no Lowe.

I like Krause as an actor, and he's far from wooden.

I love Lauren Graham.

by Anonymousreply 17704/27/2013

I started watching it because a friend liked it.

It is a big soap opera, with all of the characters noisily talking over each other and butting into each others business endlessly.

As an introvert, I would HATE being part of the Braverman family with their endless togetherness.

Glad to hear other people's feedback on the show.

by Anonymousreply 17804/27/2013

I am also annoyed by how they drop issues.

In the first season, Zeke was going to lose their lovely house because of bad real estate decisions...and then he pissed off the swarmy guy who was going to get him back 40 cents on the dollar.

Whatever happened to that?

by Anonymousreply 17904/28/2013

R172 OMG, you're right. I would drink him right from the tap. He's so fucking hot!

by Anonymousreply 18004/28/2013

Lauren on the cover of More. She looks fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 18104/29/2013

Lauren does look terrific there, r181! Can anyone offer any info as to whether Lauren is a lesbian or not?

by Anonymousreply 18204/30/2013

So will Max come out as gay this coming season? It was sort of hinted at as a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 18304/30/2013

There's been lots of speculation R182, nothing confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 18405/03/2013

Lauren recently said that she and Connie Britton were roomies as struggling actresses.

by Anonymousreply 18505/03/2013

[quote] Lauren recently said that she and Connie Britton were roomies as struggling actresses.

If you watch NASHVILLE you will see Ms. Britton continues to struggle to act.

by Anonymousreply 18605/07/2013

I haven't watched Nashville, but Connie was great in Friday Night Lights

by Anonymousreply 18705/07/2013

Lauren and Peter Krause live together.

by Anonymousreply 18805/07/2013

"I forget who my imprint version of "Forever Young" was by, but it wasn't Bob Dylan."

You probably remembered Rod Stewart's hit version of the song, Dylan wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 18905/07/2013

R189, Stewart's was a revised version and strayed from some of the original lyrics and music.

A couple years ago, Audra Mae (incidentally, Judy Garland's great-niece) did a beautiful cover for an episode of SONS OF ANARCHY:

by Anonymousreply 19005/12/2013

Parenthood has been moved to Thursdays at 10 next season.

by Anonymousreply 19105/14/2013

The show is actually very well done. the story lines are well written and its very...real. you can really connect with the characters. i suggest you watch the show before you judge it because nearly always the advertisments for tv shows are cheesy, especially for dramas.

by Anonymousreply 19206/15/2013

I agree, R192. The show doesn't really appeal to me, but I must admit it's well written and very real. Now if they would only add some gay characters.. but I know that will never happen. The show is too conservative for that.

by Anonymousreply 19306/15/2013

A gay character would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 19406/16/2013

I think Max will turn out to be gay. Last season they were teasing him about being at that age where he would become attracted to girls, but he acted uncomfortable about the prospect. The season was so short that I don't think they got around to it, but the next season (which is to be 22 episodes) I think will explore that possibility further.

Incidentally, last week Monica Potter won the Critics Choice award for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Drama. She really was outstanding this past season with her... **spoiler** cancer storyline. I hope the Emmys take notice. The whole cast is superb. I'm shocked that it's only gotten one nomination and that was last year for Jason Ritter for Guest Actor. WTF? I mean, he was good but not a standout, especially with that wonderful cast.

by Anonymousreply 19506/16/2013

Lauren talking about season 5.

by Anonymousreply 19607/27/2013

Matthew Perry interviewing Lauren

by Anonymousreply 19707/27/2013

If you like this show, you should give "The Fosters" on ABC Family a look. Bonus: main characters are a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 19807/27/2013

Michael B. Jordan, who played Alex, is in the upcoming movie "Fruitvale Station."

by Anonymousreply 19907/27/2013

Jordan was good in Parenthood. Interesting to see how he plays Grant.

by Anonymousreply 20007/27/2013

Interview with Lauren and Mae.

by Anonymousreply 20108/10/2013

Is anyone watching the annoying Parenthood show this season?

So is Lorelei going to end up with Ray Romano? Will Jason Ritter be brought in during sweeps?

I like that Rory is going to marry the army dude

Will christina win mayor of berkley?

Will the elder Bravermans sell the homestead and move into a condo?

Will Max make Christina put skittles in every vending machine if she wins?

Will the baby ever stop crying?

Will we ever see slobbering monkeys or dinasours?

We can only hope

by Anonymousreply 20210/09/2013

I like this show for the most part. I think the worst storylines have been the ones with Asperger's Max.

by Anonymousreply 20310/09/2013

I love the show, but I am an old toad.

by Anonymousreply 20410/18/2013

Mae Whitman is the best thing on the show.

by Anonymousreply 20510/19/2013

Love Mae Whitman.

Amber and Ryan's marriage will end in tears. She should listen to her mother on this one.

by Anonymousreply 20610/19/2013

No, like every other issue or problem on this show, it will be positively resolved within a single episode or two. It's the phoniest show on earth. And I love to hate watch it.

by Anonymousreply 20710/19/2013

R207 - I know! That is hokey.

by Anonymousreply 20810/19/2013

Matt Lauria may be the sexiest man alive.

by Anonymousreply 20910/19/2013

I kind of hope Kristina loses the mayoral race, I hope they show it down to the wire and she makes a good run but realistically she would lose. Max has been much better this season. Who did Hattie tick off behind the scenes, that we don't see anything about her college but we are following Drew in college? Mae Whitman is good on this show, but there is no way Amber and Ryan should work out.

by Anonymousreply 21010/19/2013

Yeah, it's hokey as hell, but it has Lauren Graham so I watch it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 21110/19/2013

R211 - Definitively.

by Anonymousreply 21210/19/2013

Peter Krause looks much better with the shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 21310/19/2013

Peter has aged a lot in the last few years. Lauren looks about the same, maybe slightly heavier. I hate Dax's hair. Erika looks the same.

by Anonymousreply 21410/19/2013

Did anyone else notice Drew is attracted to a girl that's a younger version of his mother?

by Anonymousreply 21510/19/2013

[quote]Peter has aged a lot in the last few years.

I agree, but to be fair, he is almost 50.

by Anonymousreply 21610/19/2013

I've never seen it.

by Anonymousreply 21710/19/2013

I always fast forward past the Amber and Ryan storyline. It's so hokey and predictable. So unlike Amber from the past.

by Anonymousreply 21810/19/2013

R 218 - sadly you are right.

by Anonymousreply 21910/19/2013

Whatever happened to Jasmine's mother? She was always a buttinsky, but now doesn't show up to help them out when they could use her.

by Anonymousreply 22010/20/2013

I think Joel is hot. We haven't seen him enough.

by Anonymousreply 22110/20/2013

I've watched every episode until this season, when I've caught only one (it's on opposite Scandal, which I will not miss).

Julia drives me crazy, as does Sarah sometimes. I love Amber -- I agree wholeheartedly with the poster who said Mae Whitman is the best thing about this show -- but she's crazy if she marries Matt Lauria's character. He's irresistible, true -- I've been wanting him since FNL -- but it won't end well, being with someone that damaged.

Maybe I'll catch up with this season eventually. I like Jonathan Tucker even more than Matt Lauria. If only there were a way to get them together, in bed or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 22210/20/2013

r222 I liked Tucker's character and although his storyline with Amber was sort of creepy, it was more believable. I like Tucker as an actor and I hope he makes some more appearances.

Too bad (for me) that Michael B. Jordan is now focusing on movies. He's a great actor and HOT!! I would love to see him in a serial again.

by Anonymousreply 22310/20/2013

I agree with the person who said they resolve conflicts to quickly and neatly.

They write for people with ADD who will swallow anything.

by Anonymousreply 22410/20/2013

Drew's shy teenager act was cute when he was in high school. Getting tired of it now.

by Anonymousreply 22510/20/2013

R224 - That's my biggest complaint with the show.

by Anonymousreply 22610/20/2013

I used to watch it, but I haven't looked at a single episode this year. Maybe if they'd let Drew be gay, but no, he's getting a new girlfriend, while his sister Amber's going to be in a love triangle. This show is so breeder-y, especially for a show that takes place in Berkeley, that it might as well be 1988.

by Anonymousreply 22711/07/2013

Will Blondie become mayor of berkley?

Will Max make mandatory vending machines for city hall?

Will Lorelei choose hunky tenant or Ray Romano or Jason Ritter?

Will rory ever marry the hunky serviceman ?

Will grandpa Braverman ever fix that car?

Will grandma Braverman ever come back from Italy?

Will dorky Braverman live in his minivan?

Will hottie construction manager fall for "Pete"?

Will Julia fall for sustainable dad?

Will there ever be slobbering monkeys or dinasours?

All that and that Peter Krause dude

by Anonymousreply 22811/07/2013

What does Julia see in sustainable dad?

by Anonymousreply 22911/07/2013

Monica Potter is the worst actress. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 23011/07/2013

Also, if the grandparents' house is such a money suck that they can't afford to do anything unless they sell it, how is grandma paying for a month-long vacation in Italy?

by Anonymousreply 23111/07/2013

It's not that the house was a money-suck. It was that it was too big for just the two of them and it was getting more difficult to maintain as they are getting older. Millie wanted to downsize and travel without having to worry about the house.

by Anonymousreply 23211/07/2013

R230 - She's gotten worse.

by Anonymousreply 23311/07/2013

Maybe Christina will have a relapse. She was better when she was bald.

by Anonymousreply 23411/08/2013

Seems the TV academy didn't fall for her Emmy-bait performances when Kristina had cancer.

by Anonymousreply 23511/08/2013

I was hoping that one of the guys from Ashes of Rome would hook up with Drew after that girl broke his little heart at the studio concert.

by Anonymousreply 23611/08/2013

Agree that Monica Potter is terrible and can't understand all that praise that was heaped on her last season. And that character would have been the world's worst mayor of a mid-sized city in history.

And why all this fuss over a 30-day vacation in Rome. Grandpa must be borderline senile if he can't survive for a month.

by Anonymousreply 23711/08/2013

I love the "cry-cap" recap of "Parenthood" at

by Anonymousreply 23811/09/2013

Julia and sustainable dad were both hot shots in their respective fields and are now unemployed. They are in the words of Anne with E " kindred spirits' . It's not a physical thing.

by Anonymousreply 23911/10/2013

R239 -She can do better than sustainable dad. And is Erica Christensen losing weight?

by Anonymousreply 24011/11/2013

Just watched this week's episode again and thought how more interesting it would be if Drew were hooking up with a guy from the dorm. Missed opportunity, and would probably get them some much needed viewers.

by Anonymousreply 24111/11/2013

Jason Ritter is returning to the show.

by Anonymousreply 24211/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 24311/16/2013

Maybe they'll dump annoying Ray Romano (crossing fingers).

by Anonymousreply 24411/16/2013

She picked Romano over Ritter...Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 24511/16/2013

I like Ray Romano on the show. Jason Ritter is too young for her face. Anyone notice it's sagging and flat? Drew is annoying. Adam is way too dorky for the music business.

I watch this dumb show for the sets. I like Amber's house, the recording studio and the family home. Cheesy but kinda fun.

by Anonymousreply 24611/16/2013

R246 - Adam didn't start off in the music business. He was a manager for a shoe company that one of the Baldwin brothers owned.

by Anonymousreply 24711/16/2013

Thanks for the info r247.

by Anonymousreply 24811/17/2013

I used to like this show, but I am getting really bored with it.

I was going to delete it from my DVR, but what's the point? It's going to be cancelled anyway.

Do not like Ray Romano. The only actor I like on the show right now is Amber.

by Anonymousreply 24911/17/2013

I've always liked Amber, Mae is such a good actress. The problem is that her story line is insufferable and so opposite of her character. I tend to skip over her parts.

by Anonymousreply 25011/17/2013

Mae is the best actor on the show, for sure. I still love the show, but damn it pisses me off sometimes. In five seasons, couldn't Sarah have grown up a little?? Her tenant is HOT, though.

by Anonymousreply 25111/17/2013

Mae is the best actor on the show. I think Lauren is good at acting too, but her character is becoming insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 25211/17/2013

I think it's a good show. I really like the acting of most of them except for that irritating grandfather who has no brains but has an opinion about everything. Love Lauren Graham and Monica Potter and Peter Krause and Dax Shephard. The talking over each other does get a bit irritating but I think the show is still very honest and real. It shows that families can be overbearing and irritating and a pain in the ass but they are still there when you need them. They are the ones who will help you out when nobody is ready to. I dont understand though why so many people are insisting on a gay storyline. It doesn't have to be that way does it? I like it the way it is but I really hope they knock some sense into Sarah's character and have her achieve something (anything).

by Anonymousreply 25311/19/2013

It's not the talking over each other that drives me crazy, it's that no one ever completes a sentence.

Typical dialog:

"Why don't you think I should marry Ryan, don't you believe..."

"Honey, it's not that I don't think you should marry him, but you know..."

"But I'm not you and Ryan's not dad. You always...[trails off mumbling]"

by Anonymousreply 25411/19/2013

And why does Monica Potter always sound like she's improv-ing lines, but really badly?

Also, her character makes no sense. She just finished chemo for cancer that almost killed her, she has a baby at home as well as a teenager with Aspergers, her husband is struggling financially while trying to make a go of a new business, and she decides that's the time for her to take time and energy away from her family and her recovery, and money out of the family coffers, to run for mayor? Really dumb storyline.

by Anonymousreply 25511/19/2013

R253 = homophobic frau

by Anonymousreply 25611/19/2013

[R256] Just because someone doesn't agree with your viewpoint doesn't make them a homophobic. Very mature of u to come to that conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 25711/19/2013

R255 - Yes. Dumb story line. It would be one thing if she were running for school board, but mayor of Berekeley? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 25811/19/2013

OP i hope you found comfort in bullying a tv show if that was your purpose.

by Anonymousreply 25911/19/2013

R259 - How do you bully a TV show?

by Anonymousreply 26011/19/2013

[quote]How do you bully a TV show?

Don't let them use your songs on your show.

by Anonymousreply 26111/20/2013

[quote]How do you bully a TV show?

"Diff'rent Strokes" used to shove "Facts of Life" into a locker all the time.

by Anonymousreply 26211/20/2013

It was the other way around R262.

by Anonymousreply 26311/20/2013

So Max is straight, as evidence by his Aspergery attempt to get Ray's daughter to be his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 26411/22/2013

I get the feeling Max would be up for some exploratory gay sex if the opportunity arose.

by Anonymousreply 26511/22/2013

Mae Whitman is so damn ugly, it hurts to look at her. She would never get Ryan in the real world but the fraus lap up seeing the fat chick with 10,000 moles scoring some hot guy. I agree that she is the best thing about the show but even she has very limited range. She is really bad at crying and has been downright embarrassing in some scenes that require tears. Still she is better than the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 26611/22/2013

R266 = Tina Majorino

by Anonymousreply 26711/22/2013

Mae's pretty and she's lost a good deal of weight.

by Anonymousreply 26811/23/2013

Mae is pretty? Did you type that with a straight face, Mrs. Whitman/R268?

by Anonymousreply 26911/23/2013

Come on, r268, Mae's body and face are distracting because she is no looker. Jasmine (Joy Bryant) is the beauty on this show.

Also, Lauren Graham and John Corbett play Mae's parents and both are/were hot. She is short and dumpy compared to them.

by Anonymousreply 27011/23/2013

When was ever Lauren Graham "hot"? The 80s?

by Anonymousreply 27111/23/2013

Ok, r271, even if she's not HOT by your standards, she's still more attractive than Mae. Mae has sex appeal but no looks imo. Lauren has no sex appeal, but some classic looks.

by Anonymousreply 27211/23/2013

Lauren Graham is gorgeous, but not glamorous. She also looks a good 10 years younger than her age.

by Anonymousreply 27311/23/2013

Is Lauren Graham in her mid-50s?

by Anonymousreply 27411/23/2013

46 and she looks mid 30s

by Anonymousreply 27511/23/2013

uh, No. My wife is 40 and looks much younger. Most of the women I am around are mid 30s to 40ish, and they all look younger than Lauren Graham. Their faces haven;t started doing that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 27611/23/2013

Lauren Graham looks her age, mid-40s, bloated. Still she's better looking that the fat, midget, mole-faced actress that plays her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 27711/24/2013

Lauren is not bloated.

by Anonymousreply 27811/24/2013

Lauren's face is bloated, R278. She is still a fine actress and having a bloated face doesn't take anything away from her. Chill.

by Anonymousreply 27911/24/2013

Lauren's face does look bloated.

Carbs? Water? Booze? Fillers?

by Anonymousreply 28011/24/2013

Mae Whitman is not ugly. Jasmine is gorgeous, and Lauren Graham will always look sexy and down for some good fun. Mae's maybe short to play Lauren's daughter but other than that, they have similarities.

The show got so soap operatic. Nobody gay on the show yet? They seem to go down the checklist of special topics of the week but I haven't watched enough to know if anybody's every been gay on the show.

by Anonymousreply 28111/24/2013

Unless someone got gay this season (I don't watch anymore), R281, then no, I don't recall any gay characters, unless there was one so out on the periphery as to be invisible.

I was so sure they'd make Drew, and then Max, gay. But no. So "see ya" to Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 28211/24/2013

The guy Julia is getting the hots over is a fattie.

by Anonymousreply 28311/24/2013

The only one left to be gay is Jabbar and I doubt this show will last long enough for him to give any hints (other than a sudden love for ballet) that he's queer.

by Anonymousreply 28411/24/2013

Aside from he height, Mae looks like Lauren. The dad was Chris in the Morning from Northern Exposure, so how he and Lauren would produce someone who is 5'2" at best is puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 28511/24/2013

There are too many do gooders on this thread. Mae Whitman is excruciatingly ugly. It's a fact that is not up for debate.

by Anonymousreply 28611/25/2013

Here's Laure and Mae. Mae isn't a striking beauty, but she's far from ugly. Both are wearing too much makeup.

by Anonymousreply 28711/25/2013

[quote] The only one left to be gay is Jabbar and I doubt this show will last long enough for him to give any hints (other than a sudden love for ballet) that he's queer.

Has there ever been a positive gay character in any film or show that Ron Howard has directed or produced?

by Anonymousreply 28811/25/2013

Sorry 287 but Mae looks short and stout in that clip. She's fugly. Her hair is always a mess. She has a man's face right down to her bushy eyebrows. She's short and fat. She has big thick moles all over her body, neck and face. She has a cute personality but she is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 28911/25/2013

She's short and not thin, but she's not ugly.

by Anonymousreply 29011/25/2013

She is ugly. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 29111/25/2013

Maybe Haddie, the now invisible daughter of Adam and Kristina will come back from college in New York with a girlfriend.

Didn't she date a way older black guy in the first season? Maybe she's into chicks now and that's why she's disappeared. She was the family rebel when she was on.

by Anonymousreply 29211/26/2013

I liked Haddie. The black guy (played by the talented Michael B Jordan) she dated was a little older.

Maybe she will come back with a girl she met.

by Anonymousreply 29311/26/2013

Haddie (what is that name?? Is she a fish??) had the WORST hair ever. That's all I remember about her.

by Anonymousreply 29411/26/2013

R294 - Her hair was ok.

by Anonymousreply 29511/26/2013

I was talking about this:

by Anonymousreply 29611/26/2013

Oh yeah, the poodle hair looks bad. i like the short cut.

by Anonymousreply 29711/26/2013

By the way, i think Lauren would look better with shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 29811/26/2013

Mae Whitman is ugly.

I have always had a thing for Peter Krause; too bad he is now with Lauren Graham.

by Anonymousreply 29911/26/2013

Erika and Sam talking about their characters.

by Anonymousreply 30011/26/2013

Mae Whitman is not ugly. And she's the best actor on the show, with the possible exception of Pete Krowzah.

by Anonymousreply 30111/26/2013

She's ugly R301. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Unless you have a thing fo midget with oozing fat, ugly moles and a unibrow. Ugly.

by Anonymousreply 30211/26/2013

They need to bring Haddie back.

by Anonymousreply 30311/27/2013

I do love the show (or did) but maybe it's time for it to end.

by Anonymousreply 30411/28/2013

Monica potter got a GG nomination. is this the only om this show has ever gotten? It should have gone to Lorelei or Rory.

The joy bryant character would never end up with Dax in real life.

Is she prettier than the scandal gal?

by Anonymousreply 30512/16/2013

Monica did a cancer storyline. That wins nominations.

by Anonymousreply 30612/16/2013

Didn't get her an Emmy nomination, 306.

by Anonymousreply 30712/16/2013

No, but it got her the nom

by Anonymousreply 30812/16/2013

[quote]Monica potter got a GG nomination. is this the only om this show has ever gotten?

Jason Ritter has received the show's only Emmy nomination, for Guest Actor in a Drama Series for Season 3. I can't understand why, since his character or Ritter's acting were nothing special. (He lost to Jeremy Davies in JUSTIFIED.) But other than that, the show hasn't been nominated for anything else of significance, unless you count the Image Awards and People's Choice.

BTW: Last June, Potter also won the Critics Choice Television Award for Supporting Actress, which some thought would translate into an Emmy nomination, but in the end it was not to be.

by Anonymousreply 30912/16/2013

Damn, Sam is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 31012/16/2013

What's with the obsession with looks, hair styles etc, the fashion obsessed queens on DL just never let up, you are all so shallow, tiresome and one-note.

You only watch TV shows and see movies with flawlessly beautiful people? I've worked in fashion for many years, some of the most physically beautiful individuals I've encountered have been the most nasty and vile subhumans. Beauty IS only skin deep!

I watch TV shows and movies to be entertained, I don't care what the fuck the actors and actresses look like. Grow up.

The "Mae Whitman is ugly' troll needs to be put out of his misery.

by Anonymousreply 31112/16/2013

I can just see poor r311 foaming at the mouth as he typed! Calm down, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 31212/16/2013

Not to mention that the first paragraph in r311's rant shows him to be homophobic. Maybe he deserves a slow/painful death?

by Anonymousreply 31312/16/2013

Mae Whitman should have that GG nomination. It's supposed to be about the performance, not the storyline, and Potter is just a terrible, terrible performer.

by Anonymousreply 31412/16/2013

Mae Whitman is tiresome in PARENTHOOD. All she does is cry in every scene of every episode. That's all she knows how to do -- cry, cry, cry. She and Viola Davis should teach an acting class on how to cry on cue.

I used to love her character Amber in the first season because she was badass and unapologetic, but she quickly turned into a whiny cry-baby.

Monica Potter definitely deserves her nomination. What she did in Season 4 was incredible. Even though I don't particularly care for her character, she really was excellent and convincing in her portrayal.

by Anonymousreply 31512/16/2013

I hope you don't mind r311, but I'll be copying and pasting your post for other relevant threads. I have never identified with these superficial queens.

by Anonymousreply 31612/16/2013

More importantly, are there any pics out there of Peter Krause's dick?

by Anonymousreply 31712/16/2013

I don't need to see flawless looking people but I don't want to see ugly trolls either. Mae Whitman is hideously. She hurts my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 31901/27/2014

Erika Christensen lost some weight.

by Anonymousreply 32001/27/2014

God, more Ray Romano, with more earnestness next week. Arrrggh!

by Anonymousreply 32102/28/2014

I love the show, watched last night. Why do you watch it if you hate it? Is it really worthy of all this hatred? Do you know how to change the channel or just ignore it?

by Anonymousreply 32202/28/2014

[R319] Nothing wrong with her looks. Why are so unhappy with yourself? Answer that question before you lash out at an minor actress in a TV role.

by Anonymousreply 32302/28/2014

I like the show, R322, except for the supremely irritating Romano (and occasionally, surprise-eyed Monica Potter).

by Anonymousreply 32402/28/2014

The show has gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 32502/28/2014

So now they're bringing back the cancer story? Are they that impoverished for story ideas?

by Anonymousreply 32603/02/2014

Agreed, R326. And Potter needs to have LESS screen time, not more.

by Anonymousreply 32703/02/2014

Drew needs to hook up with his roommate or have bromance that makes him question his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 32803/02/2014

Max needs to be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 32903/02/2014

R327 - Yes. Kristina kills the show.

by Anonymousreply 33003/02/2014

R326, you do realize that often the cancer returns? She's been in remission, but it's not unbelievable that her cancer would re-emerge.

by Anonymousreply 33103/02/2014

And also, she got a nomination for the storyline so they want to milk it for another season.

by Anonymousreply 33203/02/2014

Kristina's run for mayor was a ludicrous story. She should have run for the school board. That would have been much more believable.

by Anonymousreply 33303/02/2014

R333 Agree.

by Anonymousreply 33403/02/2014

Yes, I'm aware r331. But there are only two outcomes available: She survives like last time, to floods of grateful family tears (and perhaps a run for governor)? Or she dies, which isn't likely, since the producers love her annoying ass.

by Anonymousreply 33503/02/2014

R335, well, if they get the show renewed for one more season, I think it'll be the last 'cause the show has always struggled to get renewed, so I can see them killing her off if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 33603/02/2014

Is Joel being written off the show? Do you think he and Julia divorce? I think it would be silly to put them back together again, but I would not put it past this show.

by Anonymousreply 33703/02/2014

This show is running out of ideas.

And enough with the cancer bullshit.

And why don't the siblings have more conflicts with each other, like real siblings. What, not jealousy at all?

by Anonymousreply 33803/05/2014

I don't buy Drew as straight. Not for one single minute.

And Mae is the best actor on the whole show and they totally underuse her.

Lauren really is getting steroid bloat face. She really can't play hot anymore.

by Anonymousreply 33903/05/2014

Even sillier, R337, is Joel's leaving in the first place. Roy kissed her. Once. She didn't have an affair with him. She left his house ASAP.

Or did I miss the scene where they had sex?

by Anonymousreply 34003/05/2014

I agree with everything you say, R339. They missed such an opportunity, not having Drew fall in love with his roommate. Jason Katims isn't anti-gay, at least, not if My So-Called Life is any indicator (OTOH, Winnie Holzman was MSCL's creator).

I love Mae Whitman. I can't believe they sent Matt Lauria off to another season of war. They had such a good relationship.

I noticed Lauren's face in the most recent episode. Why "steroid bloat face"? What's wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 34103/05/2014

It is clear that Joel wants a place away from his wife where he can sexually molest the children.

Who didn't see THAT coming?

by Anonymousreply 34203/05/2014

Who didn't see that coming, 342? Anyone who's not a paranoid hausfrau like yourself. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 34303/05/2014

R340, it wasn't just the kiss; it's that she lied about it, and each time she retold the story, she kept changing it. First, nothing happened. Then, he kissed me but I pulled away. Then, maybe I didn't pull away faster than I should've. Then, maybe I did kiss him back. At this point, Joel is rightly suspicious of her: what else is she holding back? Thus, he can't currently live with someone he can't trust. That's not to say that the damage is irreparable, but Julia's really gonna have to prove herself somehow.

by Anonymousreply 34403/05/2014

I agree that they did not handle Joel and Julia's marriage breakup well. It just seemed false, rushed and unjustified.

Beyond that, I think the show has been terrific. It is beautifully acted and well-written.

by Anonymousreply 34503/05/2014

I for reason watch the show even though I find it very cliche on the whole family premise. I see that are staying away from gay characters and family members which is not realistic at all. Everyone knows or at least suspects someone is gay in a family or friend of the family. I guess the creators think they would lose ratings if they have at least one gay character. This is America with 18 states and counting having gay marriage in it after all.

by Anonymousreply 34603/05/2014

It would have been so easy with Drew, though, R346, to create a gay character. And it's NBC, home of WilSon, so I almost expected them to make Drew gay.

by Anonymousreply 34703/05/2014

Drew has such a dynamic personality. No wonder two girls are fighting over him

by Anonymousreply 34803/05/2014

When you look like Drew, who cares about your personality dynamics?

by Anonymousreply 34903/05/2014

In all honesty, I figured Drew's reticence to engage in much with people might be indicative of his not feeling he had a place in the world, or didn't know what it was, EXCEPT HE GOT A BONER WHEN HE THOUGHT ABOUT OTHER BOYS. And you can't talk about that at the ages we've known him.

by Anonymousreply 35003/05/2014

R340 - Joel is a first class moron.

by Anonymousreply 35103/05/2014

Zach Knighton from "Happy Endings" is going to be on the show. Hope he's playing Drew's college professor who starts an inappropriate relationship with him.

by Anonymousreply 35203/05/2014

Unfortunately, no such luck. Zachary's character will be involved with Julia.

by Anonymousreply 35303/05/2014

Kristina is going to be ok! I'm so relieved.

And please, why would anyone fall in love with that sad sack Ray Romano?

by Anonymousreply 35403/07/2014

There is a bisexual member of the extended Braverman. It will revealed this season. And yes, it's a character you all know.

by Anonymousreply 35503/07/2014

It's probably Haddie. She's been MIA and unmentioned for so long I was beginning to think she'd been "Chucked."

by Anonymousreply 35603/07/2014

She's away at college - I think she got into Cornell?

It's odd they don't mention her at all though.

by Anonymousreply 35703/07/2014

Apparently the actress who plays Haddie went off the college in real life. (Maybe the same school that Richie Cunningham's older brother disappeared to?)

by Anonymousreply 35903/07/2014

The actor that plays Joel has an AMAZING ass!

by Anonymousreply 36003/07/2014

The rest of him ain't too shabby, either, R360.

by Anonymousreply 36103/07/2014

I liked him as an asshole on Eli Stone, R360. You saw him with his shirt off more.

by Anonymousreply 36203/07/2014

I liked Sarah Ramos, who played Haddie. I hope she comes back.

by Anonymousreply 36303/07/2014

"The actress that played Hattie has one of those nasal droning voices"

What the heck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 36403/07/2014

I don't get the Monica Potter hatred. I like her. I like a lot, actually. I like her better than either Lauren Graham or (especially) Erika Christensen.

by Anonymousreply 36503/08/2014

What don't you like about Lauren or Erika?

by Anonymousreply 36603/08/2014

Lauren will never be completely free of the way she talkedandtalkedandtalked on the Kelly Bishop show. Drove me crazy. But it may be Sarah I don't like.

I don't find Erika attractive or talented. I was shocked when Topher Grace had to deal with her in that drug movie about ten years ago. And I think she's $ci.

by Anonymousreply 36703/08/2014

R367 - The "Kelly Bishop show"? That's like calling Mad Men the "Robert Morse" show. Kelly was a supporting character at best.

by Anonymousreply 36803/08/2014

R368, the only bright spot for me in that moronzoid program were the scenes with Kelly Bishop. How that beast of a show lived so long is one of the mysteries of television.

by Anonymousreply 36903/08/2014

[quote]So now they're bringing back the cancer story? Are they that impoverished for story ideas?

This Meredith voice over was from this week's GREY'S ANATOMY and I just found it apropos to Kristina's cancer dilemma this week also:

[quote]Cancer is a biological bully, always picking a fight, and it'll sneak up on you. It'll wait until the body feels safe, until it feels healthy and strong...Thats when cancer will move on in and get bigger and bigger. The body never even sees it coming..Because cancer is the master of surprises. You can try to hide from a bully. But hiding won't work for long. You have to fight back. And if your lucky enough to get out alive...Take just a moment to celebrate...Before you put your guard back up, ready to fight the next one.

by Anonymousreply 37003/09/2014

Monica Potter speaks in a monotone.

by Anonymousreply 37103/10/2014

Is Meredith still doing voice overs?

by Anonymousreply 37203/10/2014

I thought Julia was going to fall inlove with sustainable guy? I think Monica will fall in love with hip teacher ( so they couldn't get Jason Ritter so now we have happy endings dude as the hipster?)

by Anonymousreply 37303/12/2014

Parenthood needs to revamp and have Carole Kin do the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 37403/12/2014

This week's episode was awesome. I haven't been watching the show in a while but saw this one and the dinner table fight drew me in again.

by Anonymousreply 37503/15/2014

I was surprised that the Bravermans are an atheist family. It's actually refreshing to have this on TV instead of families who go to church and are subtlely Christian. Everyone thought the Christianing of the baby was stupid because they didn't believe in any of that God stuff.

When asked to pray before dinner Craity Nelson said he would only give thanks to his wife rather than God since God was not in the kitchen making the dinner.

by Anonymousreply 37603/15/2014

r374 stop trying to make this show into Gilmore Girls.

This weeks episode was great! They really need to include Jasmine's family more into the show.

by Anonymousreply 37703/15/2014

I really liked the atheist tone, but it comes across as a bit racist for the smart white people to be rolling their eyes at the superstitious black folk.

The problem I have with this show is that nothing is allowed to fester. Everything is always resolved by the end of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 37803/15/2014

[quote]The actor that plays Joel has an AMAZING ass!

He is gorgeous. My favorite scene with him was a couple seasons ago. He was rolling around on the bed with his wife and when he sat on the edge of the bed I was shocked to see that he had a hardon under his boxers.

Apparently, the director was shocked, too. As the next second the bedspread was over his crotch without any nod to continuity.

by Anonymousreply 37903/15/2014

[quote]Parenthood needs to revamp and have Carole Kin do the theme song.

I prefer the Korean singer/songwriter Carole Kim, who wrote "Will You Still Love Me Long Time Tomorrow, Joe?"

by Anonymousreply 38003/15/2014

Who was the young black man? Was that the wife's brother?

And, if so, why wasn't he asked to be the godfather, as he is obviously religious?

Or do they have a "WHITES ONLY" rule when it comes to godfathers in those families?

I realize that they needed it for a plot device, but it didn't make much sense.

by Anonymousreply 38103/15/2014

R381, that's Jasmine's brother, Sekou, played by the hot Brooklyn McLinn.

He was not asked to be Aïda's godfather because he's already Jabbar's godfather. Remember, Jasmine got knocked up by Crosby after a one-night stand, and she had Jabbar without Crosby's knowledge and her family helped to raise him.

by Anonymousreply 38203/16/2014

BTW: Did anyone get a gay (or at least bicurious) vibe from Drew's roommate? He takes off his sweaty shirt off in front of Drew, while Drew's talking to him about sleeping with that girl, and then before the scene ends, the roommie keeps touching Drew's leg.

by Anonymousreply 38303/16/2014

Kristina is the ultimate frau and Goop reader! On this past Thursday's episode she was cooking "Gwyneth Paltrow's roasted chicken." haha

by Anonymousreply 38403/16/2014

I know I keep saying this, but they really missed the boat by not making Drew gay. Or at least bi. He has such kissable lips...they should be used on a boy.

by Anonymousreply 38503/16/2014

[quote] Did anyone get a gay (or at least bicurious) vibe from Drew's roommate?

Yes, the way he kept his hand on Drew's leg seemed odd. But I think it was the writers conveying how clueless he was to Drew and how out of sync they are as people.

by Anonymousreply 38603/16/2014

But Drew tried to push his hand away and the roommate just kept squeezing it that made me think he might have a thing for Drew. I think he slept with that chick because Drew wanted her and then was eager to stop when Drew asked him to, no questions asked. Also, he was working out (doing situps and pushups) in front of Drew as a way, IMO, to get Drew to look and admire him.

by Anonymousreply 38703/16/2014

Peter Krause's son plays the roommate, and while he's not as cute as his dad, he looks an awful lot like him and has some of his charisma.

by Anonymousreply 38803/16/2014

[quote]The problem I have with this show is that nothing is allowed to fester. Everything is always resolved by the end of the episode.

Yeah, like the continuing saga of "Joel moves out" or "Sarah juggles Ray Romano and Josh Stamberg as she struggles to become a photographer" or "Millie fights to sell the house in spite of opposition from everyone" or "Kristina v. Cancer."

Yeah, everything gets tied up in a neat little bow at minute 40 on Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 38903/16/2014

It was actually surprising to me to see young characters openly smoking pot on a network show and not having any after-school special style consequences written in.

by Anonymousreply 39003/17/2014

R390 - Yeah, you would think it was HBO.

The girl Drew likes looks like a young Lauren Graham.

by Anonymousreply 39103/17/2014

[quote] The girl Drew likes looks like a young Lauren Graham

No she doesn't. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 39203/20/2014

Different nose, but otherwise similar.

by Anonymousreply 39303/20/2014

You're right. Even though her face is more angular and she has a different nose, a little more weight and darker hair? She would look like Lauren's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 39403/20/2014

She looks more like Lauren's daughter than Mae does.

by Anonymousreply 39503/20/2014

It's my favorite show, no zombies, no freaks killing freaks. It's on tonight, can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 39603/20/2014

R388, I don't think that's his son. He only has one, and he's like 12-13 years old.

by Anonymousreply 39703/21/2014

It's easy to see why so many low life morons feel the need to trash a good show.

Back to the "Housewives", bigotry, and violence trash that you all like so much.

Parenthood. You hate it? Fine, don't watch it. You like it, watch it.

Trashing it just proves your idiocy is substantive.

by Anonymousreply 39803/21/2014

The actor's name is Krause, but his bio doesn't mention anything about Peter

by Anonymousreply 39903/21/2014

I researched this when Nick first appeared on the show. I found no evidence that they're related. You'd think someone would have addressed the odd name coincidence, but I didn't even see that anywhere.

Oh, the storyline Jason Katims missed with this one.

by Anonymousreply 40003/21/2014

Peter has one son, who is 11.

by Anonymousreply 40103/21/2014

Christ almighty! who directed this weeks show? The kids where amazing in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 40203/21/2014

The "Crycap" recap at suggested that Max Burkholder deserves an Emmy, and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 40303/22/2014

[all posts by childish idiot removed]

by Anonymousreply 40403/22/2014

How much would Zeke and Millie's house sell for in real life?

by Anonymousreply 40503/22/2014

I wonder if Nick Krause pronounces his last name the same way Peter does (KROWW-zuh). My mother had friends named Krause, but they rhymed it with "house."

by Anonymousreply 40603/24/2014

I read on another board that ma and pa Bravermans house would sell in the millions. But they fall under that prop in California where property tax was frozen in 1975 so it would be cra cra to sell.

by Anonymousreply 40703/24/2014

So Julia is dating sustainable dad now?

So max goes surfing and all is well in the world.

by Anonymousreply 40804/03/2014

Looks like that R408

by Anonymousreply 40904/03/2014

Julia fucked Max's ex-teacher! Drew and his roommate got drunk together but didn't fuck!

by Anonymousreply 41004/03/2014

I wish the situations were reversed, R410.

by Anonymousreply 41104/03/2014

Me too, R411. And please oh please let it be Ray Romano under the car in the preview. I can't take the incessant gargle/whine.

by Anonymousreply 41204/04/2014

[quote]Drew and his roommate got drunk together but didn't fuck!

I get a sexual vibe between them, too, but only on Berto's side. A few weeks ago he was doing sit-ups and push-ups in front of Drew (as if to show off) and then took off his sweaty T-shirt and spent the scene shirtless, and later fondled Drew's leg which Drew pushed away. And last night, when they were getting drunk and Drew got in his face telling him all the things he hates about him, I swore Berto was gonna move in for a kiss.

Frankly, I've been waiting for Berto to come out/on to Drew all season. I mean, at one point he was using Drew's bedsheets and taking his clothes without asking, wasn't he? Who does that? Unless you have a thing for them. I got the feeling that he's had a thing for Drew but doesn't know how to express it. However, the writers don't seem to be going in that direction, but that's where I thought it was headed all year.

I don't think the creator of this show ever has any gay or bisexual characters on any of the shows he created. I think he created Friday Night Lights too and I don't recall that show having any gay or bisexual character on that show. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 41304/05/2014

Matt Saracen gave off such a gay vibe on FNL. It was so disappointing that he wasn't. J.D. McCoy was another missed opportunity at having a gay character on that show.

by Anonymousreply 41404/05/2014

I thought they brought JD on to do a gay storyline, R414. What a disappointment that whole storyline was, father-mother-son. Just reeked.

I wanted Matt Saracen to be gay, but he never really pinged that hard. But maybe he hadn't yet met the right boy, whereupon enter J.D. McCoy. But they didn't do that. I wondered if Kyle Chandler refused. He is a Republican, maybe worse.

by Anonymousreply 41504/05/2014

Kyle is two decades older than the guy who played Matt.

by Anonymousreply 41604/05/2014

If anyone quashed J.D. being gay it was Janine Turner, who played his mother. She is just short of being full Victoria Jackson right-wing crazy.

by Anonymousreply 41704/05/2014

Yes, R416, and...?

by Anonymousreply 41804/05/2014

After watching this week's episode, I'm more convinced than ever that Katims missed the opportunity of the year in not making Drew and Berto gay. Parenthood would be the most talked about TV show in prime time if he had.

Parenthood in 2014 isn't even as good as thirtysomething in 1989 (at least they tried). And yeah, I know a certain party who hasn't been on all year [italic]might[/italic] come out upon returning to Berkeley at the end of the season, but that's hardly the same as dramatizing it as it happens. And it's not like NBC would mind another gay male couple.

Nicholas and Miles would make the prettiest babies.

by Anonymousreply 41904/06/2014

Janine Turner later claimed that the FNL producers didn't ask her back for season 4 because of her political beliefs. I do wonder if she got along with Connie Britton who is a Democrat.

FNL did have three minor characters that were gay. The first was the lesbian mayor who seemed to live with her partner. Then there was the dark haired girl that was in Landry band and then the one of the assistant coaches at East Dillon was spotted at a gay bar, but it was never brought up again on the show.

by Anonymousreply 42004/06/2014

R420 - Connie is good friends with Kirsten Gillibrand

by Anonymousreply 42104/06/2014

Another Emmy grasp for Monica Potter! Tears flow for Kristina's dead friend!

by Anonymousreply 42204/11/2014

Monica Potter doesn't have a chance at getting an Emmy nod. Actresses from cable shows will get nods over her.

by Anonymousreply 42304/11/2014

Julia's husband is so hot. It doesn't make any sense that she isn't stalking him, throwing herself at his feet and threatening to kill their children, one by one, if he doesn't come home and fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 42404/11/2014

Does anyone else hate Julia? She is only sibling I can't stand. But I love her hot husband,

by Anonymousreply 42504/11/2014

I like Julia, but am quickly losing interest in Drew, despite the hot lips. What a whiny loser.

by Anonymousreply 42604/11/2014

Drew is the reason I still watch. I didn't think he could get any hotter, but he did. And of course he's whining. He's 18 and a freshman and he found the girl he likes in bed with his roommate. I wish it were the roommate he wanted, but Jason Katims seems not to want a male 'mo as a character.

by Anonymousreply 42704/11/2014

Looks like another of the "we may get cancelled so let's tidy things up finales": Zeek and the frau get a nice new house, Amber and hubby reconcile, Julia and hubby reconcile, Kristina gets a school, Sarah gets Sad Sack, etc. etc. But does Haddie get a girlfriend??

by Anonymousreply 42804/11/2014

[quote]Julia and hubby reconcile

I don't want Julia to go back to Joel. He has been such a dick. Nothing happened between Julia and Ed (I keep calling him "Roy"), and Joel has completely disrupted the kids' lives. He wants to be alone, let him.

I like the principal for Julia. And Hank for Sarah. And Ryan for Amber. And Berto for Drew.

by Anonymousreply 42904/11/2014

So, Hattie's a lesbian, judging from the previews for next week.

I SO wish it had been Drew. I guarentee the show's ratings would have gone up if they were able to promote a young gay male couple, but a college lesbian might draw them in--but doesn't look like Haddie will ever be on full time.

I so wanted Drew and Berto to grab each other and kiss last week during the beer drinking.

by Anonymousreply 43004/11/2014

R428 - Parenthood does that a lot. They have a big conflict and then they wrap it up neatly without having a real resolution of the conflict.

by Anonymousreply 43104/11/2014

Sarah should just become a late-in-life lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 43204/11/2014

What, no Haddie talk?

by Anonymousreply 43304/19/2014

Oh god, another chance for Monica Potter to do a crying scene.

by Anonymousreply 43404/19/2014

Watching this coming out episode and it's pretty slow so far. Haddie looks better as a blonde. I can't wait to see her parents' faces when she tells them.

by Anonymousreply 43504/19/2014

Haddie does look better as a blonde.

by Anonymousreply 43604/19/2014

I don't think Haddie's hair color was the problem. The style looked like a really bad wig. It looks like real hair now.

by Anonymousreply 43704/19/2014

Here's the last Haddie scene before she came back.

by Anonymousreply 43804/19/2014

That Amber and her boyfriend storyline is insufferable and won't die. Now they want to put a pregnancy into the mix. Arrghh

by Anonymousreply 43904/19/2014

Amber is pregnant? (I haven't yet watched the last episode.)

by Anonymousreply 44004/19/2014

Well, that was a nice "we're going to wrap most things up in case we're canceled but leave a couple of things hanging if we're renewed" season finale episode.

by Anonymousreply 44104/19/2014

Maybe Amber is pregnant by that Christian rock singer.

The Drew bit was sappy.

I want to see what Camille does with the new house.

Why is Crosby's baby so white?

I love Joel, but that birth story was hideous.

by Anonymousreply 44204/19/2014

r442 you know nothing about genetics? Crosby is as white as a ghost and Jasmine's looks are on the light shade of african american. If they had more kids it would be all colors of the spectrum.

Can i say the casting of Jabbar is amazing, He looks just like Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 44304/19/2014

The Drew story would have been more touching if he had his grandfather had built the car together.

I guess Haddie proves that once you go black, you can go elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 44404/19/2014

Did Haddie have other boyfriends other than Michael B Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 44504/19/2014

Yes, she was with Asher Monroe (Steve Williams in the first season)... until Amber slept with him.

by Anonymousreply 44604/20/2014

i quit watching 2 seasons ago. its a pretty boring show.

by Anonymousreply 44704/20/2014

R430, so we get yet ANOTHER lesbian character on a primetime tv show.. what is it now, a billion?! There's close to 50 American tv shows with lesbian characters. And these characters actually get to have love lives. The same number of shows with gay characters is 8. And these characters are barely there (i.e. Teen Wolf) and/or celibate (i.e. Modern Family). The only show that has managed to do gay (as in male) characters right is Shameless. They've actually protrayed gay characters as real, while flawed. And yes, these gays actually got to have sex.

The blatant double standard between lesbian and gay characters is disgusting and offensive. I cannot wait until GLAAD's report comes out next year, considering there's eight times more lesbians on tv than gays. I do wish GLAAD would go deeper though, not only count the number of LGBT characters, but also see if they are portrayed as real human beings with sex lives, or as celibate freaks.

by Anonymousreply 44804/20/2014

I was sad Joel wasn't in the last scene. He has been such a dick. How will he find out Julia slept with the new principal?

Loved Drew getting the car. That's my favorite color.

I hated the fact that Haddie is the gay character because the whole thing developed without our seeing it. Really bad "tell, don't show" on Katims' part. And I blame Katims. Surely NBC would not have minded "Brew". And neither would I.

I hope Amber is pregnant with Ryan's baby.

Overall, it was a satisfying series ending or season ending, whichever it turns out to be. If it comes back, I hope it's not on opposite SCANDAL.

by Anonymousreply 44904/20/2014

R443, it's blonde and blue eyed with white features.

I'm a stickler. When I see people in shows, I look for the family members eye color to match, etc. Amber has brown eyes and is short, but her parents are tall and blue-eyed. It throws my eye off.

by Anonymousreply 45004/20/2014

R450 - Mae looks like Lauren despite the height difference.

by Anonymousreply 45104/20/2014

Bad low class soap opera

Peter Krause deserves better

by Anonymousreply 45204/20/2014

R451, not her child with John Corbett, no way.

by Anonymousreply 45304/20/2014

Who would want to have a child with John Corbett? I hate his voice.

by Anonymousreply 45404/20/2014

Do we know John C is the real dad?

by Anonymousreply 45504/20/2014

Whose eyes would be an actual match, eye troll?

by Anonymousreply 45604/20/2014

Who the eff cares? It's a TV show and Mae Whitman is a superb actress who's perfect for the role. That trumps eye color unless you have a severe case of OCD. Take your meds, dude.

by Anonymousreply 45704/20/2014

A blue pair. Two tall blue-eyed people with a short brown-eyed natural born daughter (according to show) looks odd, as does Crosby's baby. No, I am not a troll or racist.

by Anonymousreply 45804/20/2014

R457, I don't think anyone was talking about replacing Mae Whitman except you. John Corbett is who needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 45904/20/2014

Like I said r450, you know nothing about genetics.

by Anonymousreply 46004/20/2014

R459 - Just have him not be Amber's biological father.

by Anonymousreply 46104/21/2014

R448, you did provide numbers, to which I am surprised. I actually thought that there were more openly gay characters on TV than openly lesbian characters. However, I don't watch that much TV.

That is just how it APPEARED to me though... Try not to attack me for it.

by Anonymousreply 46204/22/2014

They always make the finale of each season a possibe "double" as a series finale.

Does anyone know if the show was renewed for next season?

R425, I don't like Julia. Concerning her and Joel's marriage problems, I am mainly on Joel's side. His account of everything is pretty accurate, IMO, as that's how I saw things.

by Anonymousreply 46304/22/2014

Wow, apparently a bunch of people here do actually watch it.

by Anonymousreply 46404/22/2014

R463, unless I was out of the room when it happened, Julia did not have an affair with Roy. Joel totally overreacted by getting his own apartment. Unless what he was really reacting to was her inability to play housewife for this long after he's been doing it for years. That I can see as a possibility. But that has nothing to do with Roy.

However, when he decided to stay over at the last minute, I finally was able to empathize with Sydney, who has always been my least favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 46504/22/2014

R465, I was talking about the whole "housewife" thing, as you put it.

His reaction to the whole thing with Roy was a bit much, but they were already on thin ice and Joel was obviously having issues in trusting Julia and feeling like he didn't respect her. The whole thing with Roy kissing her was the the catalyst for Joel leaving.

FWIW, I do think that they had what would be called an "emotional affair."

by Anonymousreply 46604/22/2014

I can't wait, R466, until they're back together and she has to decide when or whether to tell Joel about fucking the principal. On a regular soap opera, that could play out for weeks. Here, it'll probably fix itself by having no Joel and Julia scenes for three weeks, and then, voila, everything is fine with the story points handled as recap.

by Anonymousreply 46704/22/2014

I have seen every episode and feel they didn't do a good job of building up to Joel & Julia's separation. He just came off as a big whiny baby who was punishing her for no good reason. Maybe some scenes were edited for time.

by Anonymousreply 46804/22/2014

R467, I know! I wonder if she will tell him, or will keep it to herself. Look at what happened when she told Joel about Roy kissing her. (Given, he had asked, and she said nothing happened, then she told him...)

I enjoy the show, but the "neat as a bow" resolution of everything irritates the crap out of me.

And I have always hated Sydney too. She is the the definition of "brat."

by Anonymousreply 46904/22/2014

Still no word if it was renewed or not.

by Anonymousreply 47004/22/2014

Renewal is up in the air.

by Anonymousreply 47105/09/2014

I'm glad it got renewed and I'm glad this will be the last season.

by Anonymousreply 47205/12/2014

Ma and pa Braverman live to see another year.

Will the snowflake academy be a success?

Will max still be annoying?

Will Lorelei and Ray get married? Or will Jason Ritter dump his fiancé and come running back?

Will Julia get back together with hunky husband or the nutty professor? Or sustainable dad?

Will joy Bryant figure out she is too good for the goofy Braverman and leave him?

Will amber wind up with hunky soldier or hunky musician?

Will Lorelei's lazy son get a job or sleep his way through college?

All that and pa Braverman groaning about life on the final season of the best show evah .

by Anonymousreply 47305/12/2014

I agree that the Joel and Julia separation was underwritten, but I think the whole jist of it was that he was a stay at home dad for years, allowing her to have her successful career and supporting that career. But when the roles reversed - when he had a demanding job, when he became the bread winner, when it was time for her to step back and be the stay at home parent - she questioned him, she got insecure, she drove to his work to argue with him, and she got emotionally involved with another man and kept things from him. And that was in the period of less than a year! I think he was hurt, felt disrespected and really couldn't believe that when it was time for her to shine, he stood in the background, supporting her - but when it came time for him to shine, she couldn't (or wouldn't - I think part of him felt it was on purpose) do the same for him.

by Anonymousreply 47405/12/2014

So, the season premiere is Zeke and Sarah's excellent adventure. Lauren has put on some weight, at least in her face.

Amber's ambivalence about the baby was well played.

Good to see Sarah Ramos back!

I am so sick of Adam, Christina, and Max. All three of them get on my neves.

by Anonymousreply 47509/28/2014

There should be a spinoff with Amber, Drew and Hattie. They are the only ones I'm not sick of.

BUT Drew has to come out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 47609/28/2014

R476 - lol that would be a good spin off.

by Anonymousreply 47709/28/2014

Can s someone just murder Zeke and put him out of his misery?

by Anonymousreply 47809/28/2014

Zeke is not the only miserable one.

by Anonymousreply 47909/28/2014

They made the chick lesbian while the guy has been seemingly gay for years. Ridiculous. Typical cop out.. create lesbian characters even though gay characters would make more sense (same on The Vampire Diaries, so much homoreoticism in the first season it was ridiculous, yet not one single gay character). If anyone doubt lesbians are more accepted in society, this is an excellent example, oh yeah.. and the fact that lesbian characters compared to gay characters is 10:1.

by Anonymousreply 48009/28/2014

R480 Yep. This is why I don't feel sorry for lesbians. They have it so easy compared to gay men, yet they still whine and complain all the time.

by Anonymousreply 48109/28/2014

Ever since I learned that that actress who plays Julia is a Scientologist, I understood how she could be so stupid to lose Joel.

by Anonymousreply 48209/28/2014

Kristina and Adam annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 48310/04/2014

Lauren looks way better with wavy hair and 5 pounds added.

I think the Julia and Joel stuff is pretty realistic. Syndey has always been devil spawn.

Did Amber just grow that distracting mole on her jaw?

Haddie's line delivery is annoying. I didn't miss her.

Where is Drew? He is clearly the gay one.

I love Crosby and Zeek.

by Anonymousreply 48410/04/2014

Is Miles Heizer (Drew) gay in real life. He pings a lot.

by Anonymousreply 48510/04/2014

r480 Are you kidding. There are few lesbian characters on TV. And most of the lesbians are in actuality bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 48610/04/2014

R484 - I like Lauren's hair too., but she is looking chunky.

by Anonymousreply 48710/04/2014

Syd as the devil spawn is realistic given the parents.

by Anonymousreply 48810/04/2014

Parenthood writer's room checklist:

Health crisis (check), pregnancy, (check), delinquency, (check), marital strife (check), drama at big family get-together (check)...

by Anonymousreply 48910/05/2014

Erika Christsensen interview - gushing about the show.

by Anonymousreply 49010/05/2014

The writers use the same dialog for all the characters. They end phrases with "so" and when anything happens they say "I get it."

The women are all 'Bitches', even Syd who is a spoiled brat and bitch in training.

by Anonymousreply 49110/06/2014

This is one show I hated from the first preview. So earnest, so bleeccchhhh....

Lauren Graham is like Jena Elfman for me - just stop acting and go work at something else.

by Anonymousreply 49210/06/2014

So is Pa Braverman a red herring? Or will it be Ma Braverman that will be leaving in a very special episode? It has to be one of them to " complete the circle of life". I'm assuming Ambers baby will be born on the series finale and be named either zeke or estelle(?) for the mom.

Lorelei will marry Raymond.

Adam will quit his job and decide to run snowflake academy.

Joel will end up with Julia in order to control bratty Sidney.

by Anonymousreply 49310/08/2014

I think you are right R493 about just about everything.

by Anonymousreply 49410/08/2014

The matriarch/mother's name is Camille. Zeke calls her Millie as his pet name for her.

As for Sarah/Lorelei and Hank/Raymond ending up together, there is a spoiler that they are bringing back Jason Ritter/Mark Cyr back at some point this season. I'm thinking that Hank and his ex get back together since she seems to have been impressed w/his changes recently. I think this is where Mark Cyr comes back and they end up together/pregnant. They are trying to parallel the movie to some degree and in the movie Sarah's counterpart, Dianne Wiest, ends up w/the school teacher and pregnant at the end of the movie.

Going along those same lines Julia will end up together w/Joel just like their counterparts in the movie after the separation. I wouldn't be surprised if Julia and Joel hook up before getting back together and she ends up pregnant as well by Joel which is what brings them back together.

by Anonymousreply 49510/08/2014

R495 That's right everyone in the movie has a baby at end.

by Anonymousreply 49610/08/2014

The season opener annoyed me in so many ways, not the least of which was making Haddie the lesbian all of a sudden the most feminine woman ever. Trying WAY too hard to be PC. I'm done with this show.

by Anonymousreply 49710/08/2014

Haddie is finding her identity R497

by Anonymousreply 49810/08/2014

Who's watching tonight? I dread a surgery episode.

by Anonymousreply 49910/09/2014

Who wll it be am or pa?

I'm crying already.

by Anonymousreply 50010/09/2014

by Anonymousreply 50110/09/2014

by Anonymousreply 50210/09/2014

Oh, thanks.

I think Camille is going to die.

by Anonymousreply 50310/09/2014

How and why?

by Anonymousreply 50410/09/2014

Sudden like a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 50510/09/2014

I was thinking maybe Kristina gets cancer again.

by Anonymousreply 50610/09/2014

Max gets a girlfriend next week so THAT theory is out the window.

by Anonymousreply 50710/10/2014

Drew showed his spindly little legs - he's like a little, fragile bird.

by Anonymousreply 50810/10/2014

Maybe Camille will die on the operating table during one of her multiple plastic surgery procedures.

by Anonymousreply 50910/10/2014

Some are thinking it Crosby! He might have suffered some kind of trauma in the bike accident ( there has to be some kind of point in having him be in an accident and be ok) and not know it.

I fear another " very special episode" in the future.

I'm crying again.

by Anonymousreply 51010/10/2014

Promo - looks very serious

by Anonymousreply 51110/10/2014

Is Lauren's puffiness just weight gain?

by Anonymousreply 51210/12/2014

a very special bump

by Anonymousreply 51310/15/2014

Is it on tonight?

by Anonymousreply 51410/16/2014

Crosby's scene at the retreat was beyond ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 51510/17/2014

I still think its Crosby. It's that bike fall. That wasn't shown for nothing. But would Parenthood go that dark?

by Anonymousreply 51610/17/2014

Joy Bryant is way too good for him on this show.

by Anonymousreply 51710/17/2014

R517 - Yes she is.

by Anonymousreply 51810/17/2014

Ok, why is Joel so wrinkled now?

Crosby is ending how he started...he's gonna leave Jasmine.

Julia and Joel will get back together.

Ruby wull get Sarah's ex as an English teacher and she will invite him to her wedding to Hank.

Max will get laid.

by Anonymousreply 51910/18/2014

Crosby is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 52010/18/2014

His frosted hair is horrible too. Reminds me of my mom in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 52110/19/2014

This season is blah.

by Anonymousreply 52310/25/2014

Each season seems to be getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 52410/25/2014

A very special Parenthood

by Anonymousreply 52510/26/2014

Updated predictions

Adam and blonde will adopt Max's girlfriend aka Jarod Leto lookalike. She will let max knows that she cares for him like a brother. Max will get over it.

Still on the fence about Crosby. It may be him or Jasmine. Still feel impending doom with that storyline.

I think Ma and Pa Braverman was will stick around.

by Anonymousreply 52611/02/2014

R526 - Max does not get over anything.

by Anonymousreply 52711/02/2014

Drew's lips are ment to be kissing other boys not girls

by Anonymousreply 52811/03/2014

by Anonymousreply 52911/03/2014

Cancer Mom doesn't even question that the girl who is crashing at her house has invisible parents?

Cancer Mom really needs to take Max aside, take hold of his shoulders and say, "Honey, you're just not that pretty."

by Anonymousreply 53011/04/2014

Max really does not not look like either parent.

by Anonymousreply 53111/04/2014

I have enjoyed and will miss this show

by Anonymousreply 53211/04/2014

I'll miss hate-watching it.

by Anonymousreply 53311/04/2014

R533 LOL

by Anonymousreply 53411/05/2014

I love this show, even though I dislike 50% of the characters. So few dramas on with any kind of heart, and I am a sucker for it.

by Anonymousreply 53511/05/2014

R535 Same here.

by Anonymousreply 53611/05/2014

I had hoped that Drew and Berto would have hooked up but unfortunately it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 53711/05/2014

How can we believe anyone would fall in love with the Ray Romano character? Such a dithering, cranky mess.

by Anonymousreply 53811/07/2014

R538 - seems like Lauren Graham is repeating herself. Ray is Luke 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 53911/07/2014

I believe the very special episode is either next week or in two weeks" the fall finale". A shocker.

Some are saying Sarah but why bring back Jason Ritter? If following the movie she will marry him and have a late in life baby.

Now I'm thinkiing Jasmine since crosby's character in the movie had no wife or gf. That would be shocking.

by Anonymousreply 54011/09/2014

Sarah lives!

by Anonymousreply 54111/09/2014

Max, all grown up! NSFW

by Anonymousreply 54211/09/2014

Cast celebrating 100 episodes. Monica Potter looks old.

by Anonymousreply 54311/10/2014

Can an administrator of a special needs school just run out to chase her son when there is clearly no other supervision in place?

by Anonymousreply 54411/14/2014

So is Zeke the one dying based on the preview or is it too obvios?

by Anonymousreply 54511/14/2014

Yes, too obvios.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 54611/14/2014

"Chambers Academy is an idea that's always skirted the very edges of plausibility, and those scenes are never helped by the fact that Kristina and Adam appear to be the only faculty members there. Yes, we see a brief glimpse of a red-headed man responding to one of Max's outbursts, but for all intents and purposes, this is a big open space filled with special needs kids and Kristina, and she's trying to be both principal and Max's mom, and it's really not working out at all. The entire Max/Dylan fiasco played out like Kristina was blaming Dylan for all that went wrong, and protecting Max, and while that's understandably her default mode, his behavior was way out of line — even given his Asperger's, and the environment of the school. For Kristina to give him multiple passes on this — and also to run out of the building when she appears to be the only grown-up there — reinforces the idea that Chambers Academy is entirely a fantasy camp that Kristina and Adam built for Max, and the other kids there don't really matter to them(*). Max Burkholder was, as usual, superb in this episode, but Max Braverman was way out of control, and what was meant to be an uplifting scene at the end instead played as Kristina affirming everything her son did."

by Anonymousreply 54711/14/2014

Erika Christensen (Julia) just got married.

by Anonymousreply 54811/17/2014

Last episode , max (the actor) was terrific.

I still say its Jasmine. Crosby will get a spinoff show being a single dad. Mae will also be in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 54911/17/2014

Never watched this show, Should I? I loved Brothers & Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 55011/17/2014

R550 - Yes you should. Similar shows.

by Anonymousreply 55111/17/2014

Looks like Zeke is a goner.

by Anonymousreply 55211/19/2014

I'm nervousing.

by Anonymousreply 55311/21/2014

Maybe they all die.

by Anonymousreply 55411/21/2014

So does anyone know, is that wrap for Jason Ritter/Mark Cyr on this show, b/c I don't care for his character and I hope he doesn't reappear in the final episodes.

by Anonymousreply 55511/21/2014

Yes, I guess that Sarah is stuck with that mopey, inarticulate sad sack of a boyfriend with whom she has zero sexual chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 55611/21/2014

R556 - Just like Lauren Graham's character on Gilmore Girls.

by Anonymousreply 55711/21/2014

I don't understand robards was not a goner in the parenthood movie. So why is zele a goner. Me still thinks its Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 55811/22/2014

I love the show

by Anonymousreply 55911/22/2014

Has Drew kissed any boys yet?

by Anonymousreply 56011/22/2014

No R560

by Anonymousreply 56111/22/2014

Why not r561 and what about him and Berto?

by Anonymousreply 56211/22/2014

r547 Alan Sepinwall hit the nail on the head with that stroyline. Yes, we all know Max was not intending to harrass Dylan but he was. Adam and Kristina should have made that perfectly clear why that was wrong. I was cringing when Adam was ranting about Dylan's parents being absentee parents when that had nothing to do with the situation between the kids. That being said, Max Burkholder is terrific in the role. I know Parenthood went under budget cuts to come back for a final season, which is why the whole cast is mot in every episode and probably why we see hardly any staff at Chambers Academy. It was obvious the show was getting Joel and Julia back together. I wish they hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 56311/23/2014

Because in Parenthood, all the Bravermans get happy endings. One of the reasons why the show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 56411/23/2014

R564 - Yes, we get neat resolutions. I think the show had potential, but the writers were chicken.

by Anonymousreply 56511/23/2014

Please sign the petition to save Parenthood! Let our voice be heard for the Braverman family. If NBC is so stupid to cancel it then we can ask Netflix to pick it up. I feel the Bravermans are a part of my family and it should not end like this!!!

by Anonymousreply 56611/24/2014

Just because you like a show doesn't mean it is entitled to air.

This is a business.

Netflix isn't going to touch Parenthood.

It has an expensive, large cast, never lived up to its potential, and had poor ratings with no compensating Emmy love.

by Anonymousreply 56711/24/2014

Fuck you, R567.

by Anonymousreply 56811/24/2014

R568: Charmed, I'm sure.

It's just a TV show, hon.

by Anonymousreply 56911/24/2014

[quote] Drew's lips are ment to be kissing other boys not girls

Not on MY watch.

by Anonymousreply 57012/02/2014

It's back! Only three episodes left! Here's the recap:

-Zeek survived his second heart attack but faces heart surgery.

-The Luncheonette was burgled and everything was taken. Adam and Crosby face a decision whether to use the insurance payment to rebuild or quit the business.

-Julia and Joel are going to try to reconcile.

-Hank spontaneously proposed to Sarah.

-Drew's car broke down.

by Anonymousreply 57101/09/2015

Two words why "Parenthood" sucks:

Ray Ramano

by Anonymousreply 57201/09/2015

R572 - part of the problem, not all of it.

by Anonymousreply 57301/09/2015

Looks like Zeke went to Braverman Memorial Hospital. They went to the most cordial, least frenetic emergency room I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 57401/09/2015

This shit lasted SIX SEASONS? What the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 57601/13/2015

It should be cancelled on the basis that it's been foisting the annoying and marginally talented Dax Shepard upon us for so long.

by Anonymousreply 57701/13/2015

Fuck you, R577! Die in a grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 57801/13/2015

Roy Romano's character is not ok! Can you imagine living with that mumbling sourpuss for the rest of your life?

by Anonymousreply 57901/14/2015

He's better than Crosby or the other son.

by Anonymousreply 58001/14/2015

But not better than the Ritter boy!

by Anonymousreply 58101/15/2015

Any episode without Max is a welcome relief.

by Anonymousreply 58201/15/2015

On today's Home & Family show the kid who plays Max was on. They brought out a mind reader who showed him pictures of all the major characters and asked him if they die. The mind reader then said based on Max's reaction that (not gonna spoil) would die.

It was a very bizarre segment.

by Anonymousreply 58301/15/2015

R583: If you believe in "mind readers," shouldn't you be watching the Kardashians instead anyway?

by Anonymousreply 58401/15/2015

Just one more heartwrenching episode before the emotionally devastating series finale!

by Anonymousreply 58501/16/2015

This show is just plain horrible. And the opening song makes me hate Bob Dylan even more than I did. I will throw a party the day I hear this show is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 58601/16/2015

Well, too late to send out the invites. It was announced months ago that this would be its last season.

by Anonymousreply 58701/16/2015

So far this last season has been a complete waste. Someone better die.

by Anonymousreply 58801/17/2015

[quote]Looks like Zeke went to Braverman Memorial Hospital. They went to the most cordial, least frenetic emergency room I've ever seen.

To be honest, the few times I've been to the ER it's been like that or nicer. The chaos they usually show on TV and in movies is foreign to me. Maybe it depends on where you live though.

Agreed that this show sucks but I've made it this far & may as well stick it out to the end.

by Anonymousreply 58901/17/2015

This week's episode was even worse. I just wait to see who dies and have it muted while I dust my living room.

Joel is hot, that is all.

by Anonymousreply 59001/19/2015

[quote]The mind reader then said based on Max's reaction that (not gonna spoil) would die. It was a very bizarre segment.

Did you watch the rest of the show? They were playing a trick on him to get him to spill the beans. It was a production assistant.

by Anonymousreply 59101/19/2015

[quote]And the opening song makes me hate Bob Dylan even more than I did.

I can't reach for the remote fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 59201/19/2015

Joel is a good looking man but I find the reconciliation between him and Julia to be unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 59301/19/2015

R592, lol, I too do the weekly frantic dive for the remote. And still, just from thinking about it now, I have that dreadful off-key whine "steeeeeeeeeeee forver young" stuck in my head.

by Anonymousreply 59401/19/2015

This show is not following logic.

The movie Sarah would marry Jason Ritter and have a baby. Julia have a baby. Kristina has a baby. Amber has baby and has that Tod as boyfriend. Ma and Paw Braverman are healthy.

Is the finale going to be a one year later?

Who writes this?

by Anonymousreply 59501/19/2015

Not a way in the world Max Burkholder has a stank sleeve, R542.

by Anonymousreply 59601/19/2015

Parenthood? Really?

by Anonymousreply 59701/19/2015

R595, your post is not following logic. The show is not the movie.

by Anonymousreply 59801/19/2015

New thread for the last two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 59901/19/2015

I wished that the show had at least allowed Drew to kiss a few cute boys

by Anonymousreply 60001/19/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!