Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING NEWS: HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES INITIATES IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS AGAINST OBAMA

Anyone want to take bets on how soon we'll see this headline?

by Anonymousreply 3211/30/2012

What crime has he committed that would force impeachment?

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2010

[quote] I'm guessing 4PM EST this afternoon.

They will have to wait until at least January when the new congress is sworn in..Pelosi is still speaker until then and it ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2010

'What crime has he committed that would force impeachment?'

Obamacare

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2010

Barack Obama you are charged with the impeachable offense of being black in a White House.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2010

Who'll be this generation's Ken Starr?%0D %0D Don't they realize Obama is the most boring, by-the-numbers politician ever to have reached POTUS level in the Television Age? That if there were any dirt to uncover, Mark Penn and the Clinton machine would have uncovered it years ago? Not to mention the Republican Campaign Committee/Swift Boaters/Birthers/Pick a well-funded nutjob group.%0D %0D Fuck, there was more dirt on Dwight Eisenhower than there is on Obama.

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2010

Never, OP. Unfortunately, these Republicans aren't quite as self-destructive as the Gingrich bunch.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2010

Please drop dead, r4. You're too stupid to live.

You're far more valuable to the world as compost.

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2010

I'm willing to bet they will start it along the "birther" lines; that he isn't a natural born citizen and is therefore ineligible.

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2010

[quote]'What crime has he committed that would force impeachment?' Being Kenyan. And I'm pretty sure those concentration camps he's building for Republicans violate the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2010

I said this on a thread last weekend which got deleted: if they can't get him out by impeachment, they'll have him killled. That's just how crazy these mother fuckers are.

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2010

They'll come up with some 'documents' that prove he was born OUTSIDE the US.

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2010

Please R11--Don't that that way. It only alerts the fuckers. Refer to "second amendment remedies." They won't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2010

The New Republic had an interesting article a couple weeks ago speculating on this possibility. The writer is convinced it will happen, but probably not until Obama's second term if he wins one.

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2010

The only breaking news I want to see is blue state America seceding. Those of you who are blue in a red state, you're all welcome to join us. Those of you who are red in a blue state, GTFO.

We have great food, the coasts, we value intelligence and the rights of gays and women. Being a minority is not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2010

The New Republic won't be legitimate until Peretz drops dead.

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2010

[quote]Anyone want to take bets on how soon we'll see this headline?

I just saw it. At the top of this page. When you are done with that tin foil hat, please recycle. Use it on a baked potato or something.

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2010

R15--after turning the once rare filibuster into a routine way to obstruct everything, if the Republicans are stupid enough to impeach their second consecutive Democratic President just to harass him, secession will become a real option. The only question is will the coasts be one country or two?

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2010

[bold] Soon-to-be GOP chairman Darrell Issa: Obama must answer %E2%80%98several hundred%E2%80%99 inquiries [/bold]

The House Republican set to lead an important committee that will have jurisdiction over many government operations said Wednesday that he expects the White House to respond to "several hundred" letters.

As chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Darrell Issa (R-CA) will wield subpoena power, but in an interview with MSNBC, he wouldn't say exactly how he would use it.

"I don't have any subpoenas to the White House," Issa said. "I have several hundred letters, most of which have not been responded to that I'll ask the White House to dust off and answer our questions. Some of them are obsolete but most of them are still important."

"Undoubtedly, there will be mistakes made by the president. I have been a critic of how they score jobs created or saved under the stimulus but at the same time I want to start working with this administration to make things work better," Issa continued.

"I will be asking the president to give subpoena authority to all 74 inspector generals. I'll offer a bill this coming or two weeks from now to do just that because I think it's the government employees, the I.G.s that are so important that they do their job so this administration can be better and I look forward to strengthening those internal controls," he said.

But it's not just Obama that will be under the microscope. Issa expects his investigations to go back to the Bush administration.

"A lot of chairmen in your position of the other party have used the position to annoy and harass and, frankly, score political points on the president," noted MSNBC's Savannah Guthrie. "Will you resolve not to do that and what's your internal gut check? Will you ask yourself before you conduct an investigation, 'Would I be doing this if this were a president of my own party?'" she asked.

"I'm going to be investigating a president of my own party because many of the issues we're working on began on President Bush or even before and haven't been solved," replied Issa.

"Certainly, when we look at the failures of Freddie and Fannie, the Countrywide scandal, those all began during President Bush's time. When we look at the ultimate failure in the Gulf, that began years before," he said.

In a Wednesday morning conference call, Issa said that his main goal was not to destroy the Obama administration.

"I want to prove the pundits wrong. My job is not to bring down the president. My job is to make the president a success," Issa told reporters.

Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) is set to be Chairman of the Judiciary Committee and he has been more specific about where he will begin investigating the Obama administration.

Talking Points Memo's Ryan J. Reilly and Johanna Barr made predictions Wednesday about where Issa and Smith will begin their investigations.

In a column for Fox News, Smith hinted that he may investigate the Justice Department because they dropped a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party.

Smith and Issa have called for an investigation to an alleged job offer made by the White House to Rep. Joe Sestak in exchange for him dropping out of the Senate race in Pennsylvania.

Issa's spokesman has also indicated that he may looking into the organization that was once known as ACORN.

As Issa told MSNBC Wednesday, the BP oil spill is another investigation that will be on his plate.

"And it's been suggested that Issa has a leg to stand on when it comes to this issue," noted Talking Points Memo. "He has blown the whistle on the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service in recent years, an agency whose lax regulation may have helped contribute to the spill."

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2010

Possibly, r20, except your fellow citizens as a whole don't share your views only last month democratically voted to elect him to office. So, unless you believe in overthrowing the democratically elected president, which I believe is treason, you will have to put up with him for the next four years.

As for the rest of the thread, this is an observation as a non-American, but you sound as hysterical and driven by conspiracy theories based on unfounded views and prejudices as the Tea Party, birthers, the Fox News cabal, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2111/30/2012

[quote] I want to start working with this administration to make things work better," Issa continued.

Things would work a WHOLE lot better if Issa would disappear from politics altogether.

by Anonymousreply 2211/30/2012

[quote] like Water Gate

Oh, dear.

[quote] what dose the man skin color

Oh, darlin' dear.

[quote] and do bad things accept black people?

Mother dear, Daddy darling. Stop it, you're killing us!

by Anonymousreply 2411/30/2012

Won't happen. Republicans have to pretend that they are moderating.

by Anonymousreply 2511/30/2012

Haven't they already tried this a few times?

by Anonymousreply 2611/30/2012

Why am I seeing this breaking news as dated from 11/3/2010?

by Anonymousreply 2711/30/2012

[quote] Why am I seeing this breaking news as dated from 11/3/2010?

because the freeper idiot at R20 decided to bump a two-year-old thread in order to trash Obama.

by Anonymousreply 2811/30/2012

Which also underscores the point, r28, that the idea that the Republicans are going to impeach Obama and it's "breaking news" we can expect at any moment is just ignorant hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 2911/30/2012

R20, or really.

by Anonymousreply 3011/30/2012

LOL R24.

by Anonymousreply 3111/30/2012

R20's post is both sad and really funny, but if it helps him in recovery from the massive brain damage, it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 3211/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.