Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This Just In: Randy Travis and His Manager Wife Have divorced

NASHVILLE, Tenn. %E2%80%93 Randy Travis and his wife-manager Elizabeth Travis have divorced. Family spokeswoman Maureen O'Connor confirmed to The Associated Press on Friday that the divorce was final.

No further details were given, but an earlier statement that the couple had "parted ways" said Elizabeth Travis would continue to be Travis' personal manager. The statement said the couple would have no further comment and asked for "respect for their privacy during this time."

Neither could be reached for comment.

The couple has had a 34-year business and personal relationship that began when a teenage Travis won a talent contest at the Charlotte, N.C., nightclub his future wife owned in the mid-1970s with her first husband. They married in 1991.

They moved to Nashville in the early 1980s. Travis was turned down by most of the record labels in town because he was considered too country.

Under her guidance, he eventually landed a record deal and put out his first album, "Storms of Life," in 1985. Soon the singer with the smooth baritone and straight-up style revolutionized the genre, spurring the so-called neotraditionalist movement that produced some of country's biggest stars.

Travis went on to sell millions of albums and has won more than two dozen major awards, including six Grammys. His latest came earlier this year when he won best country collaboration for "I Told You So," a duet with Carrie Underwood.

by Miareply 4307/12/2013

Did Elizabeth have a late-in-life epiphany that she is a lesbian? Tell her to call me, we've got a lot to talk about.

by Miareply 110/29/2010

So the words he sang so beautifully in this song are all lies????

Oh mercy me, I can't go on.

by Miareply 210/29/2010

Wasn't she his beard? Wonder what's up w/that?%0D %0D Anyone in Nashville got any gossip?

by Miareply 310/29/2010

I hate this twat for the hard time he gave Adam Lambert on American Idol. Kept looking like he was smelling a fart and acting all uptight about a guy in nail polish. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. Wouldn't be at all surprised about the rumors.

by Miareply 410/29/2010

Travis, on facing tabloid rumors of being gay and publicly revealing his relationship with his manager, Lib: "After that came out, it wasn't long after, that at a radio seminar I sat down with a man to do an interview. And, of course, that came up. I just explained to him right off the bat. I said, 'Look. Lib and I have been living together for 10 years. Uh, we are not married.' I was advised by Warner Bros. not to talk about that early on in the career of being signed with them. That was just their advice from a press standpoint."

by Miareply 510/29/2010

I know that's Randy Travis, but what's he doing with Lady Bunny?

by Miareply 610/29/2010

She is 20 years older than him.

by Miareply 710/29/2010

Why divorce a beard?

by Miareply 810/29/2010

The divorce was about money, or Randy is about to come out.

by Miareply 1010/29/2010

Maybe he wants children.

by Miareply 1210/29/2010

"After a while," Travis said, "I just couldn't stand living a lie anymore. My heart belongs to Big Red, and it always has."

by Miareply 1310/29/2010

always so sad when a sham marriage implodes.

by Miareply 1410/29/2010

"The divorce was about money, or Randy is about to come out."%0D %0D %0D %0D He does Christian music now...he's not coming out.%0D %0D %0D He is definitely gay though, I know two different guys who've seen him at gay bars in Nashville (years ago)%0D %0D

by Miareply 1510/29/2010

OK, R-15, because two people you know "supposedly" saw RT in "gay bars years ago", that :"definitely" makes "him gay"? Get a grip.

I'd like RT to own it if he were gay, but that is the most ridiculous claim I've heard here in a long time. Keep trying...

by Miareply 1610/29/2010

You know both Travis and Tim McGraw were busted for hustling when they were younger don't you?

by Miareply 1710/29/2010

R16 is delusional. My friends didn't "supposedly" see him in gays bars - they definitely did.%0D %0D %0D %0D The rumors about him have been going around since the 80s, for chrissakes. %0D %0D %0D He married his manager a couple weeks after the Globe tabloid outed him.%0D %0D %0D You are the only one who thinks he's straight.

by Miareply 1910/29/2010

I didn't say I think he's straight. I said I think your claim is ridiculous, which it is. You need more than a drunken friend's recollection to be making statements that include "definitely".

by Miareply 2010/29/2010

[quote]You need more than a drunken friend's recollection to be making statements that include "definitely".%0D %0D Me-ow!%0D

by Miareply 2110/29/2010

[quote]She is 20 years older than him.

He looks older than her now in r6's foto.

by Miareply 2210/29/2010

[quote] A friend of mine saw him (Fred) in a gay bar years ago and told me Dino is hung like a horse and likes to give it to Barney in the arse, he's definitely gay.

by Miareply 2310/29/2010

His Mom worked at a plant that my company owned. I met her once and heard Randy was well known by her coworkers. No word on him being gay but he retired his mom so that makes him a good son if nothing else.

by Miareply 2410/29/2010

Maybe in the next reincarnation or two, God will let Abe Lincoln try life as a straight man.

by Miareply 2510/29/2010

This is for the annoying fat frau at R16/R20 and R23:

"DataLounge -get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery."

GAY GOSSIP, you stupid bitch. Now fuck off.

by Miareply 2610/29/2010

R-26, you type like a rager who likes to fight, then make up with big cock sex.

Gossip all you want, but when you are wrong you're WRONG. Because you need to rely on some dumb-ass story from idiot intoxicated friends in polka dot Gap blouses circa 1987 speaks volumes about you.

Go to your bar now.

by Miareply 2710/29/2010

Wow, I haven't had a polkadot blouse since WilliWear 1993.

Randy's gay, R27; the dots don't lie.

by Miareply 2810/29/2010

LOL! What makes it nauseating is its insecurity, not Randy's gay.

by Miareply 2910/29/2010

[quote] I spread rumors based on the observations of my alcoholic friend's observations of years past. I pride myself on spreading my vile spew just because I can, then I call people fat (when really what I need is approval).

I do all this whilst wearing my WilliWear polka dot caftan, licking the creamed chipped beef off my stubby fingers.

Off to the bar now to spew my vomit! I'm naughty!

by Miareply 3010/29/2010

I usually think that all the botox and face surgery is pathetic, but in the case of Randy Travis, send him to the Emergency Entrance ASAP. Those aren't just wrinkles on his face; that's the Grand Canyon of the East.

by Miareply 3110/30/2010

Big surprise. The shrikes are busy getting their last words in. Such rounds of unaccustomed topping, I suppose, must leave them giddy.

Travis always looks uncomfortable in his own skin to me. I've heard from engineers from his recording sessions that he's murder to work with because he can't sing on key to save his life for any extended period of time, but he's always very polite and quietly kind.

He just seems like a kid who was taken in, fixed up, and who learned to keep his secrets (whatever they are). Now he's middle-aged and the career isn't what it was and it's time to drop some of the baggage, but not too far. She's still the manager. Lord.

by Miareply 3210/30/2010

bitch, my polka dot blouse is comme des garcons, so suck it!

by Miareply 3310/30/2010

I have a couple of 40 year old straight female friends from Nashville and even they know that Randy is gay. It's fairly common knowledge. %0D %0D Randy was checking out Kris Allen so openly that The Soup named it the 20th best clip of 2009.

by Miareply 3410/30/2010

Who cares?

by Miareply 3510/30/2010

Randy Travis & Tim McGraw were busted in their youth for hustling? When did this happen?%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Miareply 3610/30/2010

I've heard the Randy rumor but not the Tim McGraw gossip. It doesn't surprise me, though. Any man who loves wearing tight jeans that accentuate his package like that HAS to be gay. Right?

by Miareply 3710/30/2010

[quote]ny man who loves wearing tight jeans that accentuate his package like that HAS to be gay. Right?

Right.

by Miareply 3810/30/2010

[quote] Travis always looks uncomfortable in his own skin to me. I've heard from engineers from his recording sessions that he's murder to work with because he can't sing on key to save his life for any extended period of time, but he's always very polite and quietly kind.

Worthy of note

[quote] bitch, my polka dot blouse is comme des garcons, so suck it!

Phrenetic

by Miareply 4010/30/2010

that clip with kris allen is a hoot!

by Miareply 4110/30/2010

It's common knowledge in Nashville that she was his beard. Does this mean a b/f is going to soon appear?

by Miareply 4210/30/2010

I think randy only married his manager so he could get a start in music.I realy like his music. I wish him all my prays on his recocery.

by Miareply 4307/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.