Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Peter Marino crashes another party

in his leather drag...so tiresome

by Anonymousreply 5401/05/2013

Slightly O/T question...

I noticed him on the linked article - does anyone know Cator Sparks? Is Rod his boyfriend? Forgive me, but I think he's hot. Not that I'm his type.

by Anonymousreply 110/25/2010

Wait, WHO? I see no one on that page in 'leather drag'.

Some info OP?

by Anonymousreply 210/25/2010

Gee OP He was there and you were NOT!%0D %0D Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 310/25/2010

OK, I see him now, near the bottom of the page.

OP, who is she/he? What a tired mess.

by Anonymousreply 410/25/2010

Douchebag architect/designer of limited ability.

by Anonymousreply 510/25/2010

Straight, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 610/25/2010

I know Peter Marino is married, but he's the queeniest mincing prisspot I have ever met. A few years ago, he was at the AIA convention in San Antonio Texas where it was 95 degrees, 95% humidity and he was still running around in those damn leather pants.

by Anonymousreply 710/25/2010

Anyone can crash that tired opening, r 3. All you need is clean clothes and attitude.

by Anonymousreply 810/25/2010

Good God, that looks more like the going out of business sale at the Hollywood Wax Museum.

"ALL WAX FIGURES 90% OFF - MOST ARE IN FAIR CONDITION BUT SOME ARE IN DIRE NEED OF CONSERVATION".

by Anonymousreply 910/25/2010

I'm just surprised Marino gets invitations to any posh gatherings at all when the hosts know full well he's going to show up looking like a clown from Le Cirque de Bondagery.

by Anonymousreply 1010/25/2010

Cator Sparks has a bloc and yes, I'm a little obsessed with him, too.

by Anonymousreply 1110/25/2010

Surely there is a book somewhere available only to the very rich that's full of the stupidest names imaginable for them to give their offspring.

by Anonymousreply 1210/25/2010

Peter Marino is not straight. It is odd to me that so many NY interior decorators of his generation play the straight/married/children game. The generation before didn't feel the need to do it, and certainly the generation afterwords doesn't feel the need. (Though, I do know several southern decorators who put up the "happy family" false front.)

I worked for him for a year. You had to sign a contract preventing you from quitting at anytime for any reason during that year, because he had such a hard time retaining employees. Otherwise, most employees would not last a week.

He can really be a jerk. One time, he was merciless to one of the interiors employees, but he would not tell her what she had done wrong. He just gave her hell for about a month. Finally, he spilled the beans when he publicly humiliated her at a staff meeting because her floor plan for the dining room did not leave enough room for the tea cart to get through. As if a tea cart would ever be found in a dining room. I had a good laugh, to his face on that one. Since my family has been in the Social Register for ages , I could get away with it.

(Actually, we initially boycotted the Social Registry as it was really for new money. Old money already knew who was who.)

by Anonymousreply 1310/25/2010

I'll never stop being Mr. Rock-N-Roll Edgey in my leather sexypants! Don't you all want me, homosexual design enthusiasts?

by Anonymousreply 1410/25/2010

is there a party that Somers Farkas hasn't attended?

by Anonymousreply 1510/25/2010

And there's Marc Jacobs and his tired, old schtick.

by Anonymousreply 1610/25/2010

Are there two of him? How long has he been on this extended mid-life crisis?%0D %0D See the photo at link, which terminates with a link to his "professional" website, opening with a Mapplethorpe-ian portrait.%0D %0D He's done some fine interior work of an historicist bent, but I could do without the Dubai luxury boutique incarnation.

by Anonymousreply 1710/25/2010

good lord, let the old queen dress how he wants. i think it's rather refreshing actually.

by Anonymousreply 1810/25/2010

Oh yes, a leather queen, it really is refreshing!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

by Anonymousreply 1910/25/2010

Meh. Take away the leather drag and the Ray Bans and she's really just a carb-faced mess, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 2010/25/2010

I want Antonio Gracias in my mouth NOW!

by Anonymousreply 2110/25/2010

Colin B Bailey has big dick face. Why is he with the 2 margarine queens?

by Anonymousreply 2210/25/2010

How kind of Joanne de Guardiola to send a cardboard standee of herself.

by Anonymousreply 2310/25/2010

OP darling: he's RICH.

R.I.C.H.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Money is the ultimate aristocracy.

It bestows gravitas even on fully-formed madness.

So not only is wearing erotic clothing at a high society function fully acceptable (even outside Berlin): it's delightful.

by Anonymousreply 2410/25/2010

Ddelightful? Oh, yes. That's what people would say to his face. Behind his back, those society swells, "friends" and clients cackle at him with derision.%0D %0D He may be rich, but to his clients, he'll always be a silly wop faggot decorator.

by Anonymousreply 2510/25/2010

Jesuth Crith

by Anonymousreply 2610/26/2010

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 2710/26/2010

So what's the story behind Cator Sparks? Never heard of him before.

by Anonymousreply 2810/26/2010

I wish this guy didn't exist! He get's in the way of anyone doing a search for me! I'm the other Peter Marino that isn't a douchebag or a fronting gay man! Those leather outfits are ridiculous, gay or straight!

by Anonymousreply 2907/30/2011

Who is Richard Johnson (the guy with the shaved head in the blue suit)? He's gorgoeus!

by Anonymousreply 3007/30/2011

So it's official - The Baldwins simply get paunchy and carb-faced after a certain age.%0D %0D Not that I still wouldn't do them (if they keep their mouth shut).

by Anonymousreply 3107/30/2011

He didn't crash, he was invited. The ONLY place I have ever heard his name mentioned is here on datalounge on these "PETER MARINO IN LEATHERS ON NYSD" threads. Why are you jealous of him?

by Anonymousreply 3207/30/2011

Bryan Batt has lost some weight and looks really good.

by Anonymousreply 3307/30/2011

Seriously - let him pretend he's straight - we don't need him on our team.

by Anonymousreply 3407/30/2011

Is everyone on this post a viscious queen? Get a life people. Move on.

The man is a genius. One of the hardest workers I have ever known. If more people were like him instead of wasting their time criticizing other people out of spite or jealousy the world would be a better and happier place.

And for that disgruntled Mr/Ms Social Register employee . . . It taked a little more than pedrigree to hold a job at Marino's office. Sorry! If you're going to criticize, don't embellish with lies.

by Anonymousreply 3503/22/2012

What is a CK Swett and WHAT is she wearing?

by Anonymousreply 3603/22/2012

NYC society used to be much more fun to gape at: genuine style, chic, individuality, iconoclasts, the mix of money and art and decadence. It is now sort of the business of charity events- every kind of charity- with a lot of posers (Mark Gilbertson) and others who are in truth either making money off the parties or artfully posing as "to the manner born" when of course there is really no such thing anymore, and most pictured don't even have money. NYSD ios like going to the zoo- watching caged animals- they are not remotely what you see. I admit I have a certain facination with those who live lives devoted to facade and pretense- but it used to look like much more fun. I am also aware that some who show up in these pics really do work hard for good cause- the late Evelyn Lauder, Gillian whats her name seems like a real charity worker bee. And it has all gotten soooo gay too- gays acting like straight people, even when coupled. I've seen it up closer in the Hamptons- someone should do a documentary on gay/lesbian life in the Hamptons- its pretty "rich." I love visiting, but I think I might go bonkers if I owned a home out there.

by Anonymousreply 3703/22/2012

Oh god, look at the Bollywood themed party that guy threw at R11's link. That looks like a miserable party, complete with "brown face."

by Anonymousreply 3803/22/2012

I cannot find this fellow in the current party pics. Doesn't the NYSD update daily? A link will not stay current, will it? WHICH party is this Marino attending? What DATE?

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2012

I WORKED FOR PETER MARINO FOR THREE YEARS. HE WAS MURDER TO WORK FOR BECAUSE OF HIS INTOLERANCE FOR HIS PERCEPTION OF INEPTITUDE.HOWEVER, HE HAS MANY WONDERFUL QUALITIES. HE IS GENEROUS. HE PROVIDED HEALTH CARE COVERAGE FOR "PARTNERS" OF GAY EMPLOYEES. HE WAS GENEROUS AND CONCERNED FOR THE WELFARE OF HIS PERSONAL FAMILY. WHEN ONE OF HIS ARCHITECTS SUFFERED SERIOUS DISABILITY FROM ALCOHOL USE, HE FOOTED ALL HIS BILLS AND DID EVERYTHING HE COULD FOR HIM. ONE QUICK ANECDOTE: I WAS A PROFESSIONAL PIANO EVALUATOR. ONE OF HIS CLIENTS WANTED A PIANO. I FOUND A REMARKABLE STEINWAY GRAND FOR A VERY LOW PRICE. I TOLD HIM THAT HE COULD CHARGE THE CLIENT MUCH MORE MONEY THAN IT COST. HE SAID , "ABSOLUTELY NOT...WE WILL CHARGE OUR REGULAR PERCENTAGE AND THAT'S IT." HE IS A MAN OF PRINCIPLE. DIFFICULT? EXTREMELY! DEMANDING? YES! PHENOMENAL AESTHETIC SENSIBILITY? AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED...THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS AND HIS SUCCESS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

by Anonymousreply 4008/26/2012

This man is a genius designer and an absolute gentleman,yes he demands much from his people but they are paid well. I worked with this guy and it was a pleasure. Doesn't sound like many of you are from ny. Too judemental and envious , only he has to care how he dresses if its good for him it's none of your business

by Anonymousreply 4101/04/2013

The kid on the right is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2013

OMG Tony Danza looks like Freddie Munster

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2013

Curtis Silwa is still wearing that fukin beret and wearing the red jacket? It's not 1986 honey

by Anonymousreply 4401/05/2013

R40 = Peter

by Anonymousreply 4501/05/2013

Looks like Star Jones is getting fat again.

by Anonymousreply 4601/05/2013

Peter walked into the room, all I had on was my cut out teddy and 6 inch cute fuck me pumps. I presented my hole

by Anonymousreply 4701/05/2013

Cicley Tyson still kickn' it, giving Miss Jane Pittman realness. She is looking good for her age.

by Anonymousreply 4801/05/2013

Judging from the people in those photos having all the money in the world still can't buy you beauty and youth.

by Anonymousreply 4901/05/2013

I didn't see anyone on OP's page listed as Peter Marino. Who are the "high society" gays amongst this crowd?

by Anonymousreply 5001/05/2013

Here you go R50.

by Anonymousreply 5101/05/2013

This is the place where the picture was two years ago, if you scroll down, down, down, eventually you'll see Marino with Marc Jacobs in a skirt, uh, kilt.

by Anonymousreply 5201/05/2013

oh dear god

by Anonymousreply 5301/05/2013

Holy Shit! He actually goes to social events dressed like that?!?

by Anonymousreply 5401/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.