Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lesbian Detectives Club: Chely Wright Part 5

Hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 51309/28/2013

I bet the clueles, op signed up just to start a new thread. LOL. Loser!

by Anonymousreply 210/24/2010

Fuck off. I paid a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 310/24/2010

Ok girls...the Chely marathon continues to thread number 5!

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2010

I can't believe there is a thread 5. Of course I didn't think there would be a thread 2.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2010

is there someone who can do a brief timeline. why do so many think all the songs are about "julia" when they are apparently all about "kristen"? who came when/point in her writing or song writing

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2010

She and Julia broke up in early 2005, and she started dating Kristin shortly thereafter. She and Kristin broke up around New Years 2005/06, and after that she started writing the songs for this current album.

I think a lot of people think the songs are about Julia, because all she ever talks about is Julia.

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2010

Call me a romantic but I am going to suggest Heavenly Days and Shadow of Doubt are about Julia and everything else refers to Kristen or Chely herself.

Can someone tell us why CAM is so upset with Chely if she is indeed prone to spill when she is drinking? It would seem that Chely has been very careful to be respectful, almost protective, of CAM.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2010

yAYYYY LB Detectives, analyzing, speculating again!!! Love it!! woot woot

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2010

Chely's song "Broken" will be on Brothers and Sister tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2010

LB? We already figured her out months ago.

And you can't fool us, Chely. We know you and your peeps lurk around here.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2010

Ya who posted the birthday pic of her and LB?%0D Must be someone from her inner circle, no?%0D R9 So when did she date Mindy Smith, and Ashlyn Keilyn. For someone in the closet she's had more than a few girlfriends according to previous posts.%0D Was she really dating Ashlyn? As Chely herself has said she didn't want to get involved with anyone while writing the book.%0D %0D Ya know, if I were LB I'd be worried that I might end up the subject of Chely's next CD.%0D %0D %0D Does anybody know if her and Julia/CAM still own that property together?%0D

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2010

Gay rights are women's rights.

Stop the violence against women on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2010

Chely did date Mindy Smith for a minute, but Mindy has substance abuse problems and was emotionally unstable. Many on the inner circle in Nashville know that Chely (even after they stopped dating) tried to be a stable force in Mindy's life when Mindy was attempting to become clean and sober. Chely even had Mindy doing healthy things and exercising. But Mindy Smith is Mindy Smith. She fell off the wagon and snapped emotionally. Everyone in Nashville knows that Mindy is crazy. No one can help her. As far as the Ashly girl goes, I know that she and Chely spent time together, but they were NEVER girlfriends. ALthough Ashly wanted to be.

by Anonymousreply 1812/06/2010

Too bad. Mindy's voice is divine.

Every time CW says she's had the "best" day = multiple orgasms.

by Anonymousreply 1912/06/2010

r15 = r18. There's no l in Ashen or Ashy.

by Anonymousreply 2012/06/2010

@R19 It appears Chely's been having a lot of "best" days lately according to her twitter.%0D You go Lauren!

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2010

I would love to know for sure but it does appear that Chely's "best" days ever and Lauren being sad when the weekends are over (via Twitter) are linked somehow. Just my guess or hopeful imagination but I think I will add my shout out for "Lauren and Chely"....anyone with details....pleeeeeezzzzeee!

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2010

I heard that Chely is "over the top happy". Since coming out, Chely doesn't have to settle anymore. Lauren is very healthy and Chely loves that. They're getting very serious.

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2010

Yay for Chely! She deserves to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2010

There are more chicas ahead for Chely but I'm glad she's enjoying her life, closet-free.

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2010

OK, I'm seriously happy for them too! Now, who can get some more pictures and some hot gossip from the inside!!! Anyone from NY on here? Come on, where are the true Lesbian Detectives????? Hmmm??? Come on, Honey...I know you're, give us something that makes us hot, throb, and wish we were them...pleeeezzzzeeee, again! Yes, I don't have a woman of my own currently....pity me...

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2010

Ah...'tis the season for happy hearts....go to facebook and check out Terri Clark's Nov 7th posting

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2010

Oh, so that is where Anita came from. Do I need to start a "Lesbian Detectives Club: Terri Clark Part 1" thread?

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2010

Anita who? Help. I'm still centered on Chely Wright and who is messing up her sheets every night...Does Terri Clark have anything to do with Chely? If not, she's hot but not the "Chel" Bomb and ...well...Does anyone know if Lauren travels with Chely yet? Like Chely is playing with Indigo Girls tonight...Does Lauren do the whole "hanging backstage" thing? Where are the inside gossips when you need them???

by Anonymousreply 2912/07/2010

So who is Terri's "sweetheart"? Interesting, because I've never really thought she was gay. Just a straight girl who pinged, but I'm beginning to wonder.%0D %0D I thought it was interesting she declared herself a Joan Jett fan on Facebook. COnsidering I'm seeming to remember she also likes the Indigo Girls and Shelby Lynne, it's almost like she's doing her best to peg herself as a lez without actually coming out.%0D %0D We'll see, considering her Mom has recently died, maybe she'll decide to go the Chely route. I know coming out to my Mom was always the thing I most dreaded.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2010

Part 5?!?! Seriously?!? This is what's hot for the lesbians every night???

by Anonymousreply 3112/08/2010

Looking at their astrological charts, it seems that Chely Wright and Lauren Blitzer are a much better match than "Chely-Julia" or "Chely-Kristen". (I looked at astrological charts for all 4 ladies including synastry charts and composite charts) Based on their astrological charts, I see a mutually supportive, long term relationship between Chely and Lauren. Projected transits and progressions do show some challenges ahead over the next two years, but both women share a very deep sense of responsibility toward each other. Both ladies share Sun-Moon and Moon-Sun compatibility in Water-Earth. Niether has any personal planets in fire signs. Both ladies have powerful stelliums in opposing signs Scorpio-Taurus. Benefic planets are involved in this opposition and it is a very stimulating relationship. There are a number of very close to exact aspects between the two charts. In the composite chart there are no negative aspects. There is a notable difference in how the ladies process in a mental sense. Chely's mind is sharp, deep and focused. Lauren's mind might not be as deep, but she is very intelligent and she is certain to know at least something about nearly everything and everyone. Lauren is also more attractive than either "Julia" or "Kristen", but of course none of the ladies are as attractive as Chely. Chely and Lauren look like a good match from my perspective, and I do wish them well.

by Anonymousreply 3212/09/2010

How can you do a chart if you don't know their time of birth?

How can you possibly rate attractiveness?

by Anonymousreply 3312/09/2010

@RT33, Are you saying that you actually disagree with my chart analysis?

by Anonymousreply 3412/09/2010

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing.

Well-rounded astro charts have birth times--and unless you are the personal astrologer to Kristen, Julia, Chely & Lauren, you prob. don't have the times.

by Anonymousreply 3512/09/2010

@RT35, Are you an experienced astrologer?

by Anonymousreply 3612/09/2010

@RT33, I am going to cut to the chase and point out that it seems you might be trying to figure out if I am someone's personal astrologer who has spilled the beans on their clients. The answer is no and no. I have also not personally met any of these people but I have seen some very clear photos of all them, so my assessment of who is "best-looking" does have an objective basis. of course they were all beautiful to Chely, after all she was/is in love with them. I did some serious public records digging and I really do have birth charts for all four ladies, so I have everything I need to make a decent astrological analysis. In my next post I will include some very basic planet-sign astrological data on all four ladies. It will be enough for even an amateur astrologer to determine that of the three ladies, Lauren is probably the best match for Chely. Hopefully this will not be so much occult information as to make the (appreciated and respected) subjects of this thread feel too uncomfortable, but still enough for readers to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 3712/09/2010

%0D %0D I personally adhere to Ptolemy's view of astrology: "Useful information can be obtained from the art" but astrology's synchronous parallel correlation does not have the same power as linear causality or the observable objective facts. (my paraphrase) Ptolemy used astrology as an adjunct to all known observable facts in his analysis. I completely agree with Ptolemy on this and I strongly suggest that anyone who reads this post do the same. %0D %0D There is much more to an astrological analysis than just basic planet-sign data like that presented below and there is much, much more to an intimate relationship than an astrological chart.%0D %0D I did not include everything I have here, but hopefully I have provided enough so that most people with at least some astrology skills will have sufficient information to make some general assessments. %0D %0D What is immediately apparent from the data below is the mutual interchange of Moon-Sun and Sun-Moon, Earth-Water elements between Chely and Lauren. This indicates a mutual support between the two ladies. The same sense of mutual support is not present when Chely's Moon-Sun elements are compared to the Moon-Sun elements of either "Kristin" or "Julia". %0D %0D There is quite a bit more to be gleaned from the very basic information below, and I invite the astrologically inclined readers of this post to do so. %0D %0D %0D Chely Wright, 40: Moon-Virgo, Sun-Scorpio, Mercury-Scorpio, Venus-Scorpio, Mars-Libra, Jupiter-Scorpio, Saturn-Taurus, Uranus-Libra, Neptune-Scorpio, Pluto-Virgo, North Node-Pisces%0D %0D Lauren Blitzer, 29: Moon-Cancer, Sun-Taurus, Mercury-Gemini, Venus-Taurus, Mars-Taurus, Jupiter-Libra, Saturn-Libra, Uranus-Scorpio, Neptune-Saggitarius, Pluto-Libra, North Node- Leo%0D %0D "Kiristin", 34: Moon-Taurus, Sun-Gemini, Mercury-Taurus, Venus-Gemini, Mars-Leo, Jupiter-Taurus, Saturn-Cancer, Uranus-Scorpio, Neptune-Saggitarius, Pluto-Libra, North Node-Scorpio%0D %0D "Julia", 44: Moon-Leo, Sun-Capricorn, Mercury-Capricorn, Venus-Aquarius, Mars-Aquarius, Jupiter-Gemini, Saturn-Pisces, Uranus-Virgo, Neptune-Virgo, Pluto-Virgo, North Node-Gemini

by Anonymousreply 3812/10/2010

I prefer cat detectives.

by Anonymousreply 3912/10/2010

I like Rita Mae Brown too, but the thread here is about Chely Wright. %0D %0D P.S. I don't necessarily care for cat detectives, but I did like Venus Envy.%0D %0D I hope my posts are not making anyone uncomfortable.. that is not my intent.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4012/10/2010

[quote]Now, who can get some more pictures and some hot gossip from the inside!!!

What pics? Of whom?

by Anonymousreply 4112/10/2010

I love Chely too, but I'd love to hear some more gossip about what the Hell is going on with Terri Clark and Anita Cochran. %0D %0D The fact that Terri has let herself get fat just screams closet dyke all the more. Now all of a sudden she's divorced and is BFFs with a hot young singer who pings from space?%0D %0D Should I start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 4212/10/2010

Yes, Terri and Anita deserve their own spin-off thread, R42. %0D %0D Look around on youtube at all the videos posted by OfficialTerriClark. Those 2 (Terri & Anita) are together.

by Anonymousreply 4312/11/2010

She broke up w/her LTR??

Yeah, girlfriend's gotta take care of herself. She isn't 25 anymore.

What's the word on CW lately?

by Anonymousreply 4512/11/2010

by Anonymousreply 4612/12/2010

the detectives have taken the weekend off

by Anonymousreply 4712/12/2010

no bones to sniff out?

by Anonymousreply 4812/12/2010

If you look at Terri Clark's twitter page , she is following Chely Wright.%0D Perhaps she will come out soon.%0D Is there a photo of this Anita person?%0D So has mamaseeta1 (cam/Julia) resurfaced as someone else yet on twitter? I can't find her.%0D %0D %0D Do you think it's odd that the people who made the documentary on Chely's coming out are asking for donations? I mean this thing has been in the works for 2-3 years now. Didn't they have the dough to see it through? See links on Chely's twitter page for more info.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4912/12/2010

from what i understand, the documentary film makers have already had investors that put in a few hundred thousand dollars. it's pretty customary to need money at the end of making a film for post editing and on-line editing. i heard that oprah, rosie o'donnell and suzy ormann invested in this film.

by Anonymousreply 5012/13/2010

Terri Clark is the biggest lesbian around and she's gotten married at least twice to cover it up. She's a phony and she's extremely jealous of the attention that Chely got for coming out. But you can't have it both ways, Ms. Clark. You can't try so hard to hide then on the other hand be jealous of someone who actually had the courage to tell the WHOLE truth. I think Chely decided in 2007 to come out and she's worked really hard to do it WRIGHT. I doubt that if Terri Clark comes out, she'll tell the WHOLE truth like Chely so painstakingly did in her book. She admitted the damage she did to others, she admitted her lies and her (as she says) crimes against others and herself. Terri won't do that. Mark my word. She's got too many skeletons in her closet and if she comes out, all of the skeletons will come out and start talking too.

by Anonymousreply 5112/13/2010

This is a Chely Wright thread, stop talking about that man Terri Clark.

by Anonymousreply 5212/13/2010

I was at Irving Plaza for the Indigo Girls show with Chely Wright and Shawn Mullins last week in New York City. The show was amazing. Chely was hanging in the VIP area with her girlfriend Lauren and all of their friends. Chely and Lauren looked really happy. Laughing and holding hands and mingling with all of the friends. I must say that they are a great looking lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 5312/13/2010

what happened to lunch with lulu?

by Anonymousreply 5412/13/2010

R51, what else do you know about TC?

by Anonymousreply 5512/13/2010

I used to date a guy who worked for TC and it was known that TC slept with as many men as she did women. Though she's not bi, I think she was just drunk most of the time. So I'd agree with the previous poster that TC's closet is full of some skeletons. She's gonna have a hard time explaining herself.

by Anonymousreply 5612/13/2010

Chely's letting it all hang out on Twitter now.

When are they U-hauling it, girls?

How long do we give this one?

by Anonymousreply 5712/13/2010

I call it an LTR. This is an important relationship for both of them. Lauren has matured and Chely is a very high quality person. They both have something to learn from each other. In the last paragraph of the Dec. 01 posting of "I Advocate" at Advocate dot com Chely talks about the program "The Good Wife". The last sentence states that "My household never misses an episode". A "household" is never just one person.

by Anonymousreply 5812/13/2010

There is an existing country music thread for discussing other country artists such as TC, if interested.

by Anonymousreply 5912/14/2010

Thanks, R59.

by Anonymousreply 6012/14/2010

i just hope with all these award ceremonies and concerts lauren is accompanying chely to that she doesn't neglect LUNCH WITH LULU!!!

by Anonymousreply 6112/14/2010

oh, sweetie...she's having lunch. don't you worry about that.

by Anonymousreply 6212/14/2010

Who is lulu? And lmao@r62!!

by Anonymousreply 6312/15/2010

"the courage to tell the WHOLE truth"%0D %0D How do you know that ANY of it's the truth!

by Anonymousreply 6412/15/2010

How do I know any of it is the truth? You mean in Chely's book? She didn't actually paint a perfect portrait of herself. She admitted lies and infidelity and other harm she did to people. Have you read the book. It all makes sense to me. She doesn't trash talk anyone, really. Except for a couple of people and she doesn't even spend alot of time on them and you can't tell who she's talking about anyway. Honestly, she tells on herself alot. I don't know Chely well, I met her a few times on Music Row, but alot of people like her and respect her for telling the whole truth. Could YOU do it?

by Anonymousreply 6512/15/2010

I don't think you ever know a celebrity. At all. I've met plenty in "normal life" and they are very different from their outer persona. Usually guarded and often pretty boring. There's always the occasional asshole but Chely strikes me as someone who doesn't take the celebrity thing too seriously. A little on the melodramatic side--

by Anonymousreply 6612/15/2010

Still wondering what happened between Chely and Ashen Keilyn. Read somewhere on DL that they never dated but that Ashen wanted to. If they were just "friends" then why would they remove all trace of each other from their twitter and facebook accounts.

Ashen performed in NYC on Dec 1st. Wonder if Chely and crew went to watch? Where's the insiders when we need them?????

by Anonymousreply 6712/15/2010

R67 , until your insider feels inspired to post I offer the following for you to ruminate upon:%0D %0D While in-person, objective observation is the last word on this, an astrological analysis does show a close and meaningful connection between Chely and Ashen but there is a also a certain basic elemental incompatibility. Ashen has no personal planets in water signs and Chely has a powerful water sign stellium in Scorpio. Chely is very sensitive and powerfully tuned into even the most subtle emotional vibes but Ashen with her Air-Earth personal planets is less tuned into emotional subtleties. Both have Mercury in fixed, stubborn signs Scorpio-Taurus and of course two stubborn minds together can hit a thick wall when disagreements arise. The Venus-Venus opposition is in orb and is a classic indication of a social or romantic attraction. The close Mars-Mars trine is also a classic indication of sexual attraction, but in friendships it is expressed as harmonious activity like working together or appreciating each other's goals. In this case Ashen's Mars is also in orb to an opposition to Chely's Venus and this is a classic indication of sexual-romantic attraction as well as hurt feelings. The two Suns oppose within a degree and Ashen's Jupiter closely conjuncts Chely's Sun-Mercury. Based upon this, it seems Ashen and Chely really do like each other and there appears to be a certain warm, expansive encouraging feeling here. However Ashen's Libra Moon does not closely link up degree-wise with any of Chely's personal planets. For harmonious living together relationships, basic elemental and mutual Moon-Sun compatiblity or Moon-Sun interchanges are very important. %0D %0D While keeping in mind what I said earlier at R38 , here are just the basics:%0D %0D Ashen Keilyn, 40: Moon-Libra, Sun-Taurus, Mercury-Taurus, Venus-Taurus, Mars-Gemini, Jupiter-Scorpio, Saturn-Taurus, Uranus-Libra, Neptune-Saggitarius, Pluto-Virgo, North Node-Pisces%0D %0D Chely Wright, 40: Moon-Virgo, Sun-Scorpio, Mercury-Scorpio, Venus-Scorpio, Mars-Libra, Jupiter-Scorpio, Saturn-Taurus, Uranus-Libra, Neptune-Scorpio, Pluto-Virgo, North Node-Pisces

by Anonymousreply 6812/16/2010

More info on Chely and Lauren, please. I've heard they're really good together; no drama. Is that possible with lesbians? LOL

by Anonymousreply 6912/16/2010

R69 , I am not sure if your request for info is directed at me or not. Are you asking for more detailed astrological analysis of Chely and Lauren? I am not an insider and that is all I can offer. If so, what information do you want me to include?%0D %0D By the way, it really is possible to have a Lesbian relationship without drama, trauma and bullshit. This depends more upon the personal, psychological and spiritual development of the people involved. Nevertheless, astrological analysis can still offer some useful, interesting information about the potential quality of a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7012/16/2010

"I've heard they're really good together; no drama. Is that possible with lesbians?"%0D %0D It's often possible and usually possible in the first year or so.%0D %0D How many weeks has Chely been with her new lover?

by Anonymousreply 7112/16/2010

R69 , While I am not entirely certain you were referring to more Astrological info on Chely and Lauren, I do offer some below:%0D %0D If you want to avoid dysfunctional relationships it is important to avoid dating dysfunctional people. Lauren's chart has no squares or oppositions between her personal planets and this indicates good genetics and a certain self-confidence as well as a notable lack of internal conflict. Chely's chart shows a similar pattern. With regard to the elements, between them they both share a harmonious Water-Earth-Air configuration. Also, as I stated earlier at R32 , their composite chart shows no negative aspects. A challenge they both share is Venus opposed by outer planets. This indicates a challenging experience that forces people to raise their consciousness about the meaning of relationships. Lauren has Venus opposition Uranus, and this can indicate someone who has had shocking and upsetting relationships that ended in an abrupt and impersonal way. It indicates Lauren faced a challenge to reconcile her personal relationship needs with a need for willful independence. Lauren's Venus-Uranus opposition overlays Chely's Venus-conjunction-Neptune-opposition-Saturn configuration. With Venus conjunct Neptune Chely is very idealistic about relationships and with Saturn-opposition-Venus, relationships are very important to her. This configuration also indicates that she has been disillusioned (Neptune) and frustrated (Saturn) in relationships(Venus). Some say that Saturn-opposition-Venus is a Karmic configuration indicating too much attachment to other people. When the charts are put together, and when the trine and sextile aspects to this configuration are considered, there is a sense of tolerance(Jupiter), responsibility(Saturn), love(Venus) and support(Moon) present that alleviates the otherwise negative expectations normally associated with Venus-opposition outer planets. %0D %0D I am perfectly capable of going into more detail about other areas like romantic styles and interaction, mental processes and communication, and more, but I will only do so if others here indicate that they actually want to read this sort of thing. %0D %0D Not everyone has an interest in Astrology and some here only seem interested in first hand, objective information. %0D %0D Whatever the case, when reading the above, please keep in mind what I said earlier at R38 .

by Anonymousreply 7312/16/2010

while I appreciate your interest in astrology, please, no more!%0D this site is geared towards gossip and petty issues, not anything too serious.

by Anonymousreply 7412/18/2010

R74 Since I have absolutely no interest in offending anyone or making anyone uncomfortable, my posts stop here. Thank you for letting me know.%0D

by Anonymousreply 7512/18/2010

If that is true, r76, can anyone say U Haul or needy!!

by Anonymousreply 7712/18/2010

Needy? Damn, if Lauren is not insulted, I feel insulted for her. The needy one in this relationship has to be Chely and you know I am not talking about money.

by Anonymousreply 7812/18/2010

C.S. I really dislike all of your mumbo jumbo astrology posts. I usually skip them. I didn't come to this thread for that kind of made-up crap.

by Anonymousreply 7912/19/2010

If its about Chely and Lauren I want to read it!! Since no one has produced a sex tape, I would like to know what an astrologer might say about their "romantic styles and interaction". Someone asked C.S. to stop before that got posted and C.S. said they were not going to post anything else. Anybody out there with an eye in the keyhole ? I want some good juice!

by Anonymousreply 8012/19/2010

[quote]C.S. I really dislike all of your mumbo jumbo astrology posts. I usually skip them. I didn't come to this thread for that kind of made-up crap.%0D %0D I agree. Make your own thread C.S. and post about celebrities there. I'm sure many other posters would like that.

by Anonymousreply 8112/19/2010

Let's hope CW & LB's relationship lasts long as CS's posts. Just look up Taurus and Scorpio, R80. That'll give you enough info.

No matter the position of the stars, personalities make/break a relationship. This is a good one for Chely but I wouldn't put $$ on long term.

Q: What do lesbians bring on the 2nd date? A: A U-Haul. Q: What do gay men bring on the 2nd date? A: What 2nd date?

by Anonymousreply 8212/19/2010

They've known each other for years and now they're in a loving, healthy relationship. What's so needy about that R77?

by Anonymousreply 8312/19/2010

needy? not so much%0D %0D madly in love? yep

by Anonymousreply 8412/19/2010

What do you consider long term R82? I'll put $$$$ on it.

by Anonymousreply 8512/19/2010

"They've known each other for years and now they're in a loving, healthy relationship."%0D %0D We don't know anything about the relationship. But we do know that both of them live lives in the public eye - which can make relationships difficult to sustain. And we do know that they have chosen to use Twitter extensively - which suggests some level of immaturity and/or exhibitionism.%0D %0D If they are still together in 15 years time, then they might indeed be in a loving, healthy relationship.

by Anonymousreply 8612/19/2010

R86 sounds envious of Chely and Lauren. Hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 8712/19/2010

What 86 said.

by Anonymousreply 8812/19/2010

what R87 said

by Anonymousreply 8912/19/2010

How many of these replies are LB, CW or cronies? I'll put $$$ on that. Besides, if the info in the previous thread about LB's ex is true, seems like karma may be coming for a visit.

Where's CS to do a chart on LB's ex??????

by Anonymousreply 9112/19/2010

R91 = LB's ex

by Anonymousreply 9212/19/2010

Ha! Hardly, R92. But she'd be fun to have on DL.

R90, you're totally giving yourself away as a tweeter. No @ needed here.

by Anonymousreply 9312/19/2010

Yes, I tweet. These days, most people do. %0D %0D And as far as LB's ex...who doesn't have an ex who can paint an unflattering picture of the past?%0D %0D LB certainly seems to have it together these days. And she has a gorgeous girlfriend who's crazy about her.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9412/19/2010

[quote]How many celebrities DON'T twitter?

Many celebs don't twitter.

by Anonymousreply 9512/19/2010

[quote]They've known each other for years and now they're in a loving, healthy relationship. What's so needy about that [R77]?

lol..OK. How long have they been friends?

by Anonymousreply 9612/19/2010

[quote]How many of these replies are LB, CW or cronies?

Hit trolldar on r87 and she lights up like old pony piss.

by Anonymousreply 9712/19/2010

Someone in one of the earlier Chely Wright DL threads asked for astrological information on CW and LB and the only reply I saw stated something to the effect that it was "sex, sex, sex" and would blow over. I don't agree with that and I think Lauren is a good choice. It might not be an obvious choice to most people, but from my perspective this match up looks much better than match ups with any of Chely's previous girlfriends that I charted. I probably should have inserted "neither Chely or Lauren are fundamentally dysfunctional" as the third sentence in my post at R73 . It seems that some here might have read that post incorrectly. What I was trying to point out is that there are some other aspects in the chart comparison that mitigate what would otherwise be considered negative factors. This can make what looks like an unlikely match-up run much smoother that you might expect. These two people are comfortable with each other and share some archetypical similarities in their life experience. Both of them have had a rough time in the romance department and both of them have had early but ironically blunted success in their public careers. People learn similar things from these kinds of experiences and it can put them on the same wavelength. In my very first DL post at R32 my objective was counter the naysayers who saw Lauren as a step on the road to better things. I see Chely and Lauren as a good combination and also as a long term item.

by Anonymousreply 9812/19/2010

R79 , I so totally understand your view of Astrology as "Mumbo Jumbo". 33 years ago I said exactly the same thing and with great confidence, I set out to prove that it was all not only just "Mumbo Jumbo" but was in fact "total and absolute bullshit". My conclusion: I was wrong and so are you.

by Anonymousreply 9912/19/2010

Also R79 , My reason for posting astrological information here was in response to a request on an earlier, now closed, Chely Wright thread. I am also very sorry that my few posts beginning at R32 , were so offensive to you and so much trouble for you to skip. %0D

by Anonymousreply 10012/19/2010

No R81 , I have no interest in starting a celebrity horoscope thread. Most celebrities are of no interest to me, but Chely captured my attention in a way I never expected. Looking at her chart helped me to understand why this happened. %0D

by Anonymousreply 10112/19/2010

eally R80, a sex tape!! Of course I cannot produce that, but I am quite capable of expanding on even the most erotically secretive couple's "romantic styles and interaction" with enough insight and detail to make them feel very exposed and very uncomfortable. No "eye in the keyhole" is needed. I do not agree with the simplistic Scorpio-Taurus interpretation I saw earlier. This particular case is rather more complicated than that. I can write on such matters very politely, and at least some here would find it interesting reading. However, it has been made clear to me that taking this discussion in that direction is not appreciated, so I agreed to stop at that point.

by Anonymousreply 10212/19/2010

What a fuckin shrew this C.S is. Jesus Christ. I'm sure this woman has turned more than a few full blooded lesbians asexual and they're all living in a cave in Kathmandu rocking back and forth yelling at invisible people. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 10312/19/2010

R103, I know its you LuLu and you have been drinking. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 10412/19/2010

I think R103 is Lauren too. It looks like she is trying to bait C.S. into posting more. That is sort of weird since C.S. said some really nice things about Lauren. Does Lauren have a reading comprehension problem?

by Anonymousreply 10512/19/2010

"And we do know that they have chosen to use Twitter extensively - which suggests some level of immaturity and/or exhibitionism."%0D %0D %0D I totally agree with R86 on this. %0D Studies have been done recently and they say people who use facebook are either narcissists or have low self esteem. I would say the same about people who use twitter. Always looking for attention, and unknown/fake "friends".%0D I went to the Wish Me Away page and there is a clip of the documentary about Chely. At one point in the clip she says she now has maybe 100 friends she can go to when she needs help unlike before when she had no one. Well, I am amazed that someone could truly have 100 friends. I guess it helps that she is a celebrity and people love attaching themselves to famous people. But I seriously doubt she has 100 true friends that would be there for her if something really awful happened to her.%0D %0D ok CS give us your sex horoscope since no one else has any real info on them.%0D

by Anonymousreply 10612/19/2010

R106 , since I already agreed to stop posting on this topic I will have to think about whether or not I will take that back and post a sex horoscope. %0D %0D Also, if R103 really is Lauren, then you may be right about this relationship. R103's post is totally unrelated to anything I have said, and the poster does seem to be drunk and irrational.

by Anonymousreply 10712/19/2010

Wow, this thread has just exploded with irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 10812/19/2010

Was it ever relevant, R108?

by Anonymousreply 10912/19/2010

There are three of us sitting here in the office with C.S. I know C.S. does not agree with me, but I think C.S. should go ahead and post that sex horoscope. By the way, R103 , C.S. knows how to make a really good, mind blowing, orgasm cocktail but since you were so nasty I doubt that she will give you the recipe. After looking at your post she thinks maybe you and your girl need it. By the way it contains absolutely no alcohol. I hope you and your girl can find a way to "come" on and get some sleep and feel better soon. Oh, and calm down too. Stress is a terrible thing.

by Anonymousreply 11012/19/2010

What r103 said. The rest of you sound like a bunch of humor impaired, paranoid lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 11212/20/2010

[quote]There are three of us sitting here in the office with C.S.

Translation: 3 hags sitting in a library trying to figure out how to make their unemployment/mental health benefits last until the end of the month.

by Anonymousreply 11312/20/2010

LOL!! R112 and R113 must be Fanscape!!

by Anonymousreply 11412/20/2010

R111--just described a Scorpio to a T.

by Anonymousreply 11512/20/2010

There is nothing wrong with being a Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 11612/20/2010

Was Chely inspired to move to New York after reading Lauren's book "Same Sex In the City"? The book is a guide to how to be an upscale femme in New York. That book came out 6 months after Chely's near suicide attempt.

by Anonymousreply 11712/20/2010

Oh lord, Fanscape poster Christian Michaels comment to Em Link over on Chely's Facebook. Told her to remove her comment outing LuLu's identity. But didn't everyone know?

by Anonymousreply 11812/20/2010

"So if you are obsessed, or even mildly fascinated, essentially you have been seduced. This is strictly business however, and the objective is more sales."

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree to a certain extent. I realize this is the goal in making fans and money, especially if you work in PR management where all it's about is sales, but she seems to be (seems, because I do not know her, never met her and will never meet her), as though she IS genuine. Have you ever written about yourself in a book - in a way that is going to be scoffed at by anti-gay conservatives? The person I read about in that book was not "seducing" me. That person made me reflect upon my own experience and feel a stronger connection to humanity. Is she trying to push sales now? WHY NOT? If you wrote a book, wouldn't you?

I don't write much around here and yes, there are obsessed fans on all the boards, but posters who seem to think that Chely is just pushing for the sake of greed, I hope you will lose some of the bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 11912/20/2010

R119 , The person you read about in that book did in fact seduce you in a broader sense of the term. %0D %0D Chely's book is a beautifully and artfully written act of seduction in the sense that it draws people in and affects people on a very deep level. It skillfully touches a wide range of emotions page after page. %0D %0D There is nothing wrong with this and I have no doubt she is genuine. It is apparent to me that part of her reason for coming out in such a public and carefully managed way stems from her own sense of injustice at an ignorant and uninformed society that forces nice Christian gay ladies to hide. If the world were a better place, she might not have suffered such a dysfunctional romantic life, and she would have never put that gun in her mouth.%0D %0D If more of the obsessed fans were conscious of the mechanics of the artful seduction I described above, they could have processed Chely in a more rational way. %0D %0D It is not healthy to become obsessed with a celebrity at the expense of your own self-interests. Chely herself is almost one-pointedly focused on her own affairs, and this is what a person must do in order to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 12012/20/2010

R111 Thanks for explaining Fanscape. I can now see why Cam / Julia didn't like Chely's career. Chely really seems into all the bullshit publicity. %0D I think it's pretty sad if LB's and CW's twitter posts are all for fan consumption. Chely actually planned this? What did she do, ask LB to agree to tweet with her to keep the fans interested? Sounds pathetic. Why would Lauren agree to that unless she loves publicity like Chely.%0D It's too bad. I like certain things about Chely, but there is a side to her that seems quite unlikable - she's melodramatic and self-obsessed.%0D I keep thinking of the video o youtube of her performing on the Olivia Cruise and Chely says near the end "I'm not as sweet as you think I am." No, I guess she's not.%0D

by Anonymousreply 12112/20/2010

Honestly R121, Chely and Lauren hardly Tweet one another at all. You sound unbalanced and unreasonably angry with Chely and quite jealous. Chely's comment on the Olivia Cruise was refreshing. I was there. She was basically being worshiped by thousands of lesbians and it was cute how she said that about not being as sweet as everyone thought she was. It was very human and real of her. Chely is cool and real and you can't stand it. You need to get off of her message boards and go get a life, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 12212/20/2010

When did Chely and Lauren get together? i ask due to the fact that Alison Rou stopped twiitering in august.

by Anonymousreply 12312/20/2010

R122 It was R111 who said Lb's and CW's tweets were all for fan consumption. If true, then that's pathetic. At one point they were tweeting each other while in the same house. I am not the only one here who thought that was weird.%0D It's not that I can't stand Chely, as I said I like her but there is a publicity loving side to her that is unlikeable. The hiring of that Hollywood publicist, was that really necessary? She's done a ton of interviews, gay pride parades (as grand marshall - which one website said she paid to be grand marshal - or perhaps it was that publicist she hired who paid), a memoir (did she warn her ex that she was publiching it?), a cd, a documentary (why the need for a documentary?), twitter, Facebook, website, Likeme t-shirts , forums, etc. I understand she wants/needs to sell her book and cd's but I think she goes a little overboard at times. %0D Actually, I have only gone to Chely's facebook a few times since June, and usually when someone here at DL comments on something said over there. I do read her twitter page, though.%0D You sound a little overly defensive of Chely - perhaps it is you who is obsessed with her and maybe you should stay off her message boards.

by Anonymousreply 12412/20/2010

R123 I think in August or September.

by Anonymousreply 12512/20/2010

Call me lazy but I CANNOT be bothered to read all the posts about Chely but I do have a question. Who is the woman she truly loved, who broke up with her, got married and then divorced, then got back together with Chely.

by Anonymousreply 12612/20/2010

[quote]Call me lazy but I CANNOT be bothered to read all the posts about Chely but I do have a question. Who is the woman she truly loved, who broke up with her, got married and then divorced, then got back together with Chely.

That would be "Julia"/CAM. Julia was married to a man who didn't seem to mind that she and Chely were more than friends. Years later they divorced and she and Chely got back together.

In the book, Chely called Julia the love of her life. There is another chapter near the end of the book where Chely ambiguously expresses desire to get back together with Julia but she knows that there are so much roadblocks to get past.

When she wrote the book, Lauren was not on her radar, of course.

by Anonymousreply 12712/20/2010

Do you think she'll end up back with this Julia or is Lauren and her really that serious?

by Anonymousreply 12812/21/2010

Julia who?

by Anonymousreply 12912/21/2010

%0D %0D I totally agree that Chely is genuinely nice and civilized, and she proceeds politely.%0D %0D On a deeper level Chely is very assertive and willful with a drive for power and control. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an assertive woman.%0D %0D She is also uses subterranean means to get what she wants. This is what I think turns people like R121 off. Such methods can make people feel deceived and manipulated.%0D %0D A less aware person may not realize their emotions are being manipulated, but others can sooner or later detect this and some are likely to take offense. %0D %0D I don't think R121 is jealous at all. I detect a sense of mixed feelings about Chely and I do understand it. %0D %0D It is also apparent to me that Chely wants control over this board and there are posters here who are bidding her will.%0D %0D R122 looks like Sonya New. %0D %0D OP, are you Chely or Chely peeps?%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 13012/21/2010

Chely who?

by Anonymousreply 13112/21/2010

R124, you mention that you think Chely is publicity obsessed and that it bothers you that she has Facebook, Twitter, websites, forums, fan clubs t-shirts and publicist and such. I will now list a few other artists who utilize the exact same tools for their careers.

Reba McEntire Blake Shelton Brad Paisley Miranda Lambert Pink Lady Antebellum Martina McBride Christina Aguliera Rosanne Cash Kristin Chenoweth

Hmmm, Someone's awfully hard on Chely. (sarcasm) R124, It's also widely know that Chely has given a lot of her money, made from these Grand Marshall/LGBT events, directly to PFLAG, GLSEN and GLAAD. Your argument is not holding water. And no, I don't work for her and am not in any way in her camp. I've never even met her. But I do work in the industry and I'm watching you melt down because she has a new girlfriend and you're trying to trash her repeatedly. You're the only one posting crap on here. It's you every time. You're hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 13212/21/2010

I wholeheartedly agree with R132. Someone is being way too critical of Chely because obviously, it's PERSONAL. Seriously, move on and get a life.%0D %0D Also, I doubt if Chely still refers to CAM as the "love of her life". Chely HAS moved on and HAS a life.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 13412/21/2010

R133, with all due respect, I believe that Chely has charisma out the wazoo, but I wouldn't say that she has more charisma that the other artists listed. I mean, come on. They're ALL stars and they ALL have charisma. And a celebrity can't be blamed for the way that fans attach themselves to them. i.e. Hinkley/Jodie Foster. She didn't "do" anything to pull him in... she was just being who she is and Hinkley got lost in it like R133 is lost in Chely. That's my take.

by Anonymousreply 13512/21/2010

LOL!! R134 are you suggesting R121 / R124 is CAM?%0D %0D I personally don't see it that way, but then you may know more than I do. %0D %0D R121 , R124 writes more like an ordinary fan, not a style I would expect a label executive to use. %0D %0D But again, you may know something I do not.

by Anonymousreply 13612/21/2010

R135 , may I respectfully refer you to my previous post at R120 .

by Anonymousreply 13712/21/2010

No R136, that's not what I'm suggesting. However, I can only imagine how dysphoric CAM must be these days. After all, Chely is moving mountains with her philanthropy, she's in love, she's adored by her fans, shall I go on?%0D Poor in denial and bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 13812/21/2010

by Anonymousreply 13912/21/2010

I'm a virgin here on DL. In fact, this is my first post. I'm still trying to understand how to reply to a particular post. Anyway, I just wanted to post my two cents. I saw Chely at Joe's Pub in NYC, whereas I got a chance to meet and talk with her and Lauren (and Chuck, the best friend) after the show. They were all just hanging out in the lobby. All three very approachable and very nice. It was obvious Chely and Lauren were a couple, they are very affectionate with one another. %0D %0D Actually, it was quite funny, I kept staring at Chuck knowing that I recoginzed his face from somewhere, but couldn't think how I could possible know him, when I apporached him to ask if I looked familiar we began chatting. Turned out we grew up in the same state/neighborhood. LOL, I didn't realize that when I was reading the book. Too funny. Anyway, there most definately is an age difference with CW and LB. - you have to wonder if and when that could become an issue. As for me, I wish them the best, they really did seem sweet together.

by Anonymousreply 14012/21/2010

That what I like to hear on a gossip forum. New to DL? Welcome! What else happened at the show what did she say to you?

by Anonymousreply 14112/21/2010

Very nice first post, R140 . %0D %0D To reply to a particular post just type a capital R followed by the post number. When your post goes up the capital R and post number will automatically be put into brackets and will be linked to a window with the post you are replying to.

by Anonymousreply 14212/21/2010

We talked about her living in NYC and how different it was for her compared to Nashville, but how she really liked it. At that time I believe she was living somewhere in the Village, I belive now, she has moved, not sure where, probably upper east or west side. Much nicer areas. We talked about restaurants we like in the city, we talked a little bit about her show, I told her how much I enjoyed it, she said how much she likes doing the smaller type shows, where she can connect to the audience better. The pub was small, and we had great seats, right in front of her. She really was very personnable during the show. What surprised me is that she was very funny as well. She sang some, told stories, realted back to her book, and joked with the audience. She really was very entertaining considering the ticket was so reasonable. I think under $20.00. This was the first time I had met her, I had purchased her CD and read her book. Seeing her in person and getting to talk with her seemed like just chatting with a friend. No body guards or crew or groupies around... very comfortable. Not to mention, in person she truly is striking. Bearutiful features.%0D %0D I hope her future tours include NYC again, I would for certain see her again. Very talented, her voice sounded great. Not a lot of "band" to back her up, so her voice really stood out.

by Anonymousreply 14312/21/2010

Thank you R142

by Anonymousreply 14412/21/2010

R143, Welcome to Datalounge. I also saw Chely's performance at Joe's. I hadn't heard her music prior to the show, and am not really into country music - but she was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 14512/21/2010

Thanks for sharing R143.%0D %0D Also, I agree with R138.

by Anonymousreply 14612/21/2010

Miss Helen Bedd regrets she's unable to lunch today.

Do you like kippers with your lox?

by Anonymousreply 14712/21/2010

Yes R143, Chely is beautiful...inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 14812/21/2010

Yeah, Tina Yuna?

May I have that on an everything bagel? Anything goes!

by Anonymousreply 14912/21/2010

R147 and R149 = idiotic schmuck

by Anonymousreply 15012/21/2010

Would a dairy schmear cheer you up?

by Anonymousreply 15112/21/2010

Anyone follow Chely's twitter? Seems she's starting to cross promote LB's lunch with lulu more now. Kinda failed cause she didn't send out the right web address. I think it's cute, she seems pretty smitten.

by Anonymousreply 15212/21/2010

R152 Has LB started her Lunch with LuLu blog again. It seemed as though she stopped posting to it, but then again, I guess shes been "busy" !!!%0D %0D I just finished reading her book. "Same Sex In The City" .... light read for sure, nothing heavey, what you would exspect from a 20 something first time writer.

by Anonymousreply 15312/21/2010

R153 If you are referring to the blogspot site, it looks like she has not been to it since Oct. She's only posted 4 blogs total anyway, not sure what all the lunch with lulu blog hype is about. Never read LB's book, really liked Chely's though. I met Chely on a whim, she happened to be doing a signing in the next town over from mine, so I figured why not meet the new hot lesbian on the block and see what she had to say? Hadn't read the book yet, bought the CD to support the LGBT artist when she came out but hadn't listened to it (though I am a fan of country music). I went as a Chely Wright virgin. I'm not usually into celebrities, had always found it funny that people get so excited about meeting someone "famous". Anyway, Miss Wright was amazing. I agree with R119 , Chely had this charisma unmatched by anyone I've ever met in my life while maintaining that girl next door appeal. When meeting her I felt like she was just one of my friends that I could shoot the breeze with, she seemed genuine. The whole hocking the merch, promoting the CD, T-shirts, etc. I think it's just part of the beast of the industry. If she wants to continue to make changes in society, she has to some way remain "relevant". If you go to her Likeme website, it seems like there are many people who live in the bumbles who have been helped by her story, I guess it is all worth it if she makes life easier for some people.

by Anonymousreply 15412/21/2010

Nice post, R154

by Anonymousreply 15512/21/2010

Thanks R155 . I feel like Chely's book/story, coming out and her drive inspired me to do more for the community. I have been comfortable with my sexuality for more than half of my life now, my wife and I have been together for close to a decade and we have the time and financial means to try and do some good in this world. I feel Chely's message lit a fire under my butt because I feel I grew up in a gay lala land. I spent most of my life near NYC and Philly, and didn't come from a religious upbringing. I had always been under the impression, there was always a place nearby to escape to, and for me there was. I always knew if my family didn't accept me, I could go to plan B and move into the city (20 min away) and keep on going. I know it was very naive of me to just assume every other gay person had just as many options. I used to think, why the heck don't people who are gay in the Midwest just move to a more accepting area? I tend to forget, finding jobs, leaving family, and lack of financial means all come into play. I understand why Chely had to move to NYC to fully do what she had to do, IMO there is no better place than NYC to just "be". It's a place where no one gives a crap who you are or what you are doing, (as long as you don't get in their way). Since seeing Chely at her book signing, I started an online QSA for my former HS, went to the school to make sure they had GLSEN's safe space program started (they had). I signed up to volunteer at the local LGBT center in my town and my wife and I plan to donate more to LGBT charities this year. More people with the ability to help should take a page out of Chley's book and try to give back in some way to our LGBT brothers and sisters who don't have it as good as some of us already do. OK, now, back to the important stuff...anyone else have any good gossip?

by Anonymousreply 15612/21/2010

That is very thoughtful and mature, R156.

by Anonymousreply 15712/22/2010

Wow, Fanscape -- you really know how to pull out all of the stops. For a minute, I thought we were on the likemelikeme forums.

by Anonymousreply 15812/22/2010

bless your miserable heart R158

by Anonymousreply 15912/22/2010

Hang in there R158. "It will get better".

by Anonymousreply 16012/22/2010

Sucks to be R158

by Anonymousreply 16112/22/2010

Haha R158 I expected someone to think I was part of the Chely camp/fanscape crew, almost ended my posts with a disclaimer stating no relation. Sorry to disappoint. I'm just a non bitter, new to DL poster who felt like putting in my two cents. We can't all spread negativity where ever we go, that would be a pretty sad world.

by Anonymousreply 16212/22/2010

"The whole hocking the merch, promoting the CD, T-shirts, etc. I think it's just part of the beast of the industry."

So is being closeted, isn't it? Or living in Nashville's environs. If Chely just accepted everything that the industry requires, she never would have come out. She has shown she can choose.

There must be a more realistic middle ground between spreading negativity and bestowing sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 16312/22/2010

ok, I'm new to Data Lounge, and am tryint to catch up with the various conversations. I am a bit lost with regard to Fanscape. I've seen it mentioned a few times. What is this? Never heard of it. Can someone fill me in? Much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 16412/22/2010

"She also uses subterranean means to get what she wants. This is what I think turns people like [[R121]] off. Such methods can make people feel deceived and manipulated.%0D I don't think R121 is jealous at all. I detect a sense of mixed feelings about Chely and I do understand it."%0D %0D Thanks R130. Exactly that. I have mixed feelings about her. I don't understand why others are so offended by that. I think it's reasonable to question things in life.

by Anonymousreply 16512/22/2010

Hello, R164 hover cursor to see post R111

by Anonymousreply 16612/22/2010

R166 - Thank you. Learn something new everyday. Fanscape, who knew !!!!

by Anonymousreply 16712/22/2010

[QUOTE] I think its reasonable to question things in life [QUOTE]%0D %0D I agree with you R165, and unlike some of the other posters who were trying to run you off the board, I could see that you like Chely enough to buy her book and records.%0D %0D Those posters who were antagonistic toward you looked like Fanscape people who have been hired to make sure the conversation here "stays relevant and positive to the celebrity". %0D %0D I thought DataLounge was an open forum, but interference from Fanscape can turn an open forum into just another ad campaign. %0D %0D Fanscape has other strategies. Somethimes they engage posters (interfere in the conversation) and sometimes they just gather statistics. %0D %0D I would appreciate it if they would back off and let people freely express themselves here.%0D %0D Of course I do not know the nature or intent of the OP. (Original Poster). This person may have been associated with Chely or Fanscape.

by Anonymousreply 16812/22/2010

R168 What kind of statistics are they gathering? How many people say this type of thing or that type of thing about the celeb?

by Anonymousreply 16912/22/2010

I too agree with R165 and others. I really like Chely and like following her story, but some things about her just rub me the wrong way.

For example, it makes my skin crawl when she repeats the interviewer's name 50 times during the course of the interview. Just watch any interview and you'll see what I'm talking about. It comes off as fake and disingenuous to me.

by Anonymousreply 17012/22/2010

Essentially yes, R169. The statistics gathered are used in tweaking marketing and PR strategy for the celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 17112/22/2010

R168 when you speak about the OP are you referring to the person who started the whole Chely Wright thread, or to me, the person who wrote R154 and R156 ? Sorry, I too am new to DL. Thank you R130 and R165, I agree, though I am inspired by Chely and found her likable in person, the more I follow Twitter and Facebook the more I too am torn on my feelings. I did roll my eyes and scoff a little when the second "goal" for the indy film came out. At some point it just feels like you are being milked for gay dollars. I think I chock the over the top fund raising up to over zealousness and excitement in making change. Think about it, Chely is 40 yrs old. She has only fully admitted she is gay like 7 months ago. I bet a lot of repressed guilt is behind the fervor she is now exhibiting. Also, even though she was out to some people a few years ago, this year is really her coming out year. Who of us in our early gay years didn't shout it from the roof tops, slap on a rainbow belt, and practically throw ourselves a parade thankful to be free of the pressure of staying in the closet? I am thankful Chely came out, she gave a new public face to the lesbian community. She has made a difference, but overall, I doubt I will be making a big contribution to her Likeme org at this time. For me, it's just too new and I have more ties with organizations that relate to me on a more personal level. Don't get me wrong, I still think she is doing great things for people. Stand up as a "gay American" who looks like the girl next door in my opinion makes gay a lot more acceptable in Middle America. That alone makes her a winner in my book. She's basically telling thousands of people in the bible belt who have liked her for years, this is who I am, you liked me then, I too am a Christian, why not still like me and while you're at it, like others like me too.

by Anonymousreply 17212/22/2010

I understand what you are saying R170.%0D %0D I think Chely sincerely wants to be a good person, but it seems that she has failed to recognize that lying with her emotional nature is just as wrong as lying with words. %0D %0D Many people are unable to put their finger on exactly what it is that gives them those "mixed feelings" but when they become conscious of it some of them can get really offended.%0D %0D I am fully aware of the issue here, and I do not feel overly offended. I do recognize Chely as a basically decent human being. %0D %0D However, in my personal life I do not associate with people who manipulate me either emotionally or socially in an attempt to get me to do what they want.%0D %0D Chely is not a part of my personal life. She is simply a somewhat distant celebrity that I do appreciate. %0D %0D Yes, Chely I will buy your next record,%0D So there is absolutely no need for Fanscape people to run me (or others) off the board. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 17312/22/2010

R172 , the OP is the person who started this thread on page 1 with the words "hard to believe". %0D %0D The OP may be associated with Chely or Fanscape, but I do not know for sure.%0D %0D I suspect it is however, due to some antagonistic posts calling this "Chely's message boards". %0D %0D I naively assumed Chely's message boards were over at Facebook and LikeMe. DataLounge is an open forum, right? %0D %0D LOL!!!%0D %0D I guess we'll see what happens from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 17412/22/2010

ok, is it me or do others think it is in poor taste to be asking for money to help finance Chely's documentary? First it was a goal of $20,000, now it's another $50,000. Seems a bit in poor taste if you ask me.%0D %0D CD's / Books / Films / Interviews / TV appearances / Merchandise / etc. Chely "fever" will not last forever... at some point this too shall fade. I'm sure Chely and her camp realize this, and are trying to stretch these 15 minutes as best they can.

by Anonymousreply 17512/22/2010

Where are you getting your info from R111? I looked on Fanscape's site and they seem to only work with big brands. Could Chely really afford them? It seems her label has given up on any kind of marketing to spend any money and I doubt they're working for free.%C2%A0

by Anonymousreply 17612/22/2010

Looks like Chely is using her social media outlets (facebook and twitter) to help promote her girl friend's (Lauren Blitzer, aka LuLus) blog, "Lunch with LuLu:. I guess it's good to have a celebrity g/f ....%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 17712/22/2010

R175 R177, why should we expect celebrities and the people who date them to not try to promote themselves? Isn't that how you maintain "celebrity" or acquire it? It seems like it just goes along with the job. Why get annoyed about it? Asking for donations for an indie film, I'm not sure how those things typically work when it comes to funding so I have no comment either way. Anyone in the biz able to fill us in? The way I look at it, even if Chely looses her major fan base in the country community, she already seems to have built up quite a regular following in the previously established LGBT community, not to mention all her newbie out gays who gained courage from her to start the coming out process. I'm sure she will do just fine if she continues to play small venues around the country or if she teams up with other groups like she did recently with the Indigo Girls. Also, I think this promotion of her relationship in a cutesy type way by slowly promoting the girlfriend and by incorporating her in her tweets to Kristen Chenoweth makes the whole thing less threatening to those who follow her who are straight or new to the whole gay thing. I'm waiting for the day when she becomes a bit less sweet and tells us what she really feels. It seems like she is still holding back.

by Anonymousreply 17812/23/2010

R176 , I know nothing of the financial side of this . I am however, 100% certain Chely is a client of Fanscape. This is not a guess, it is a fact.%0D %0D Fanscape is not going to feature its entertainment clients on its webpage. That would serve to damage a celebrity's credibility with fans. %0D %0D Using a service like Fanscape is standard practice in the entertainment industry. Chely is doing nothing unusual. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 17912/23/2010

haha R175 I just checked Chely's FB site and maybe her camp/fanscape is taking some pointers from DL or crotchety FB posts responses because now the fund raising is being posted by the "TV gals media" directly for the regular visitors of Chely's sites but not being tweeted/posted out for all followers to see (or at least I haven't seen any recent ones). Guess they are up for constructive criticism, anyone else have any suggestions lol.

by Anonymousreply 18012/23/2010

R179 but you still haven't said how you know this? Did your company not get hired and you're bitter?

by Anonymousreply 18112/23/2010

LOL, R181 ,you sound like someone from Fanscape.%0D %0D I am not going to tell you where I got this factual information because I am concerned that two otherwise decent but unfortuntely indiscreet people at Fanscape could lose their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 18212/23/2010

R179 are there really fans out there who think celebs get a following by just being themselves? I'm sure it does happen but I'd assume it's pretty rare. Plus, after people such as, for example, youtube celebs are discovered, I bet they team up right quick. Of course it takes a team of people to survey the market to promote someone or some group. I guess the animosity that has been voiced on this site stems from the fact that though most of us post anonymously, we feel our openly public discussion should in no way be manipulated, read, surveyed or discussed as part of a study of fans wants or needs. How dare they take advantage of public posts and forums like that? The nerve!

by Anonymousreply 18312/23/2010

R183 , the only word that bothers me in your post is the word "manipulate".%0D %0D By the way you sound like Fanscape. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 18412/23/2010

lol R184 maybe I'll check out the Fanscape site and see if they're hiring, maybe I can get a pay upgrade. I used manipulated because it was used earlier but I honestly never felt manipulated by anything posted here. If anything, posts have been more persuasive in changing perception of Chely or her motives, but maybe I just missed where people were getting manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 18512/23/2010

Ok, enough of this shit! I'm tired of my company's name being dragged through the mud! I work for Fanscape. Fanscape has NOTHING to do with Chely Wright. Anything I am doing to help Chely and her org is because I am a fan and want to help her. Say whatever you want about me but please leave my company out of it. And the fact that you guys are even talking about it honestly freaks me out. Someone here is seriously a stalker, Miss "I have factual information". At least get your facts straight about what Fanscape does - we don't even work with artists or celebrities and we don't engage in shady practices. And yes, you're definitely putting my job at risk now. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 18612/23/2010

LOL R185 . If you go back over the threads you can see where a poster who was having trouble expressing their "Mixed feelings" about Chely was run off the board. Unfortunately this person was a fan whose only real problem was that they could not put their finger on what it was about Chely that made them uneasy. If you read from my post at R111 you can get a better idea. Also, an apparently well-meaning astrologer was run off the board. Some posters from a earlier closed thread were curious about astrological info and apparently it hit too close to home. The attack made the phrase "she protests too much, methinks" come to mind. If you have time, the whole thread might be worth reading from the beginning and in order.

by Anonymousreply 18712/23/2010

R186 , I respectfully suggest that instead of attacking the people who are posting here, that you instead carefully consider the true issue at hand. With that in mind please read my previous posts at R173 and R130.%0D %0D Also, if this is a propaganda thread where only one viewpoint is allowed, please state this clearly. %0D %0D If the OP is Chely and Chely peeps, please state that clearly. %0D %0D If I had been intitially aware that this was a propaganda thread and if I knew beforehand that the OP was promoting Chely I would have never posted here in the first place. %0D

by Anonymousreply 18812/23/2010

I see what you are saying R187 after reading some of the previous posts, though I do want you to note that you have also made me feel like not posting due to your constant accusations that I belong to an organization with which I have no affiliation. I stated my opinions and views and you accused me and others of "sounding like Fanscape". I'm not a professional promoter, I just gave my observations which were positive ones. In my opinion it seems like any positive promotion of Chely on this thread will make you suspicious. I'm sorry that is the case.

by Anonymousreply 18912/23/2010

R189, I have no intention of offending you or anyone else. %0D %0D Just for clarity, my last posts are R142, R155, R166, R168, R171, R173, R174, R179, R182, R184, R187, R188 %0D %0D In view of your remarks, I would like for you to consider in particular my posts R142, R155, R188.%0D %0D I feel like I have stumbled upon something I never expected to find here. It has been an interesting experience for me.

by Anonymousreply 19012/23/2010

I'm new to DL. I googled Chely Wright and Lauren Blitzer because I'm a stalker. Bygones. Lesbian Detective appears. Heres my story. I'm a 19 yr old college student. I've always struggled with my sexuality and hated myself for being gay. Out of nowhere, my dad and stepmother asked me if I was a lesbian because if I was, I would not be allowed in their house. My stepmother was all to eager in packing my belongings. I've not talked to them in over 10 months. I'm renting a room and barely making ends meet. A lady from church gave me Chely's book and told me not to tell anyone. I started reading it that afternoon and couldn't put it down. It was unreal how I related to Chely's words. Figuratively speaking, Chely saved my life. I had no gay friends, no family, I just felt like I had no one. But Chely gave me hope and seriously, for the first time I felt peace. I went to an event of Chely's and she signed my book. She looked at me and talked to me like she's known me forever. I told her a little about myself and she teared up. I didn't want her pity but that's not how she made me feel. She simply cared. Period. Why? I'm a nobody to her. I don't have any money to buy her cd's, books, whatever. She knows that but she still cared about me. Months later I go to another event. I swear to God, she remembered my name!!! I'm just your ordinary looking, nothing special type person and she remembered me! And yes, while we were talking she addressed me by name several times AND I LOVED IT!! I'm very shy and it was hard to look at her when she talked to me. She took my hand and gave me some encouraging words. Everytime I would look down she would squeeze my hand so I'd look back at her. She was so kind and so warm. I needed that. She gave me a hug and I almost broke down in tears. I made it to my car and had a meltown. I sobbed uncontrollably. I haven't felt that much love since my mother passed away 8 years ago. I'm telling this because while reading some of these posts, I didn't understand some of the negativity. I'm sure Chely's not perfect but I know without a doubt she is genuine. I'm not fanscape or part of Chely's team. I'm simply telling my truth.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 19112/23/2010

Imagine that.....a new post at

by Anonymousreply 19212/23/2010

[quote]I didn't understand some of the negativity.%0D %0D You're new to Datalounge. Either play the game or get lost.

by Anonymousreply 19312/23/2010

R188 - I think you first owe me and my company an apology for spreading lies, accusing us of practices that a) we don't engage in and b) would go against ethical guidelines we adhere to. All the while claiming them as facts.

You are no innocent in this. Even just bringing up their name and saying I know they lurk and post here tells me that you are tracking the IPs of people who come and post here. Unless you work for DL, there's no easy way to know this information. So anyone else freaked out about this? If that's not the case, then please explain how you got your supposed "factual" information.

by Anonymousreply 19412/23/2010

[quote]Unless you work for DL, there's no easy way to know this information. %0D %0D Ever heard of troll-dar? Click on it and you'll see each post of the person.

by Anonymousreply 19512/23/2010

"for example you'll also see that I'm the bitch at R193"%0D %0D %0D Indeed you are.

by Anonymousreply 19612/23/2010

Wow R193! I'd call you an idiot but that would be an insult to stupid people. How about PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT? Hmmmm...yes, that will do. Just playing the game R193.

by Anonymousreply 19712/23/2010

LMAO @R197!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19812/23/2010

Can you use troll-dar to show where someone is posting from? Not just there past posts? I'm confused now.

by Anonymousreply 19912/23/2010

How does Lauren Blitzer make a living?

by Anonymousreply 20012/23/2010

Thanks for your post R191 when I met her she seemed genuine too, well, as genuine as a celeb can be meeting a total stranger.

by Anonymousreply 20112/23/2010

What is wrong with you people? How genuine has Reba McEntire been toward you? Would you question her sincerity? Chely isn't your best friend, she's a celebrity with a fan base and I'd say she serves them very well. You all are a bunch of weirdos. The Fanscape people are saying that they don't work for her and so what if they did? Levis advertises their jeans, Chevy advertises their cars... why wouldn't a celebrity advertise her brand? I met Chely 5 years ago at a Wal-Mart instore and she spent so much time with me, my girlfriend and our two kids. She was very nice and stayed nearly 2 hours longer than she was scheduled. Never took a break and treated the last person like they were the first in line. No, I don't work for her. No, I'm not in her fan club. Any my nephew is an indie film maker and he told me this morning and it's the usual to raise money on-line to finish indie films. That's why sites like that exists. You all don't know what you're talking about. I'm leaving this site. It was fun for a while, but you're just looking to rip someone apart and that's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 20212/23/2010

I have a friend, Megan, who always made fun of me for listening to country music. I was so disappointed when Chely was in town for a booksigning and I was unable to attend. So Megan went to get a book signed by Chely and she was going to surprise me with it. OMG!! Megan is now a Chely Wright fanatic!!! She swears that Chely was in the gay parade the very next day and as Chely passed by Megan, she waved and mouthed "hi Megan." I told her she was full of shit but she swears to it. After reading R191, maybe so. Btw, I'm not with Fanscape. Not so sure about Megan though.

by Anonymousreply 20312/23/2010

10 days ago Lulu Blitzer (Lauren Blitzer) tweeted that something big was happening 10 days from then and that there was so much to do and Chely tweeted that she couldn't wait. Well....Today LB tweeted that her "life was changing today forever"...Chely tweeted back saying "mine too and I love it"! I hope that they are very happy because they both are great ladies....Holiday Cheers to them!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20412/23/2010

R193, hugs to you. You are very brave. Hang in there. It's hard when you're older, but it's really hard when you're just getting out in the world - let alone your family shunning you. I understand what Chely means to you. There's a lot of negativity on this board, but there are also some really caring, positive posters. A bit of advice, though you didn't ask? Just ignore the bitter comments and you'll be a lot happier. No sense in other people's bitterness bringing you down. Back to your story - good for telling your truth. You're gonna be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 20512/23/2010

I love that the tweet from LB to Chely saying "let's get matching smuggles to celebrate" guess they U-Hauled? What else could it be?

by Anonymousreply 20612/23/2010

R205 I agree with everything you said but I think your comment was directed at R191. No?

by Anonymousreply 20712/23/2010

Damn autocorrect "snuggies"

by Anonymousreply 20812/23/2010

The last thing I see on LB's twitter is a comment to Calli. Why is that? I'm stupid. Not R193 stupid...just twitter stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20912/23/2010

R207, I stand corrected. Thank you! I meant R191!

by Anonymousreply 21012/23/2010

Thanks for sharing your story R191.

by Anonymousreply 21112/23/2010

Wow people, this thread is getting more and more incoherent. Fanscape this, bubble gum psycho-analysis of Chely's personality that...blah blah blah. Wtf? Can we keep it fun, positive, interesting, maybe even some juicy gossip here and there! At least maybe through the holidays? Jeeezusss! (no pun intended to any Christians out there).

by Anonymousreply 21212/23/2010

I'll echo that. R191, there are people who will support you, straight and gay. And I'll bet that includes the person from the church who gave you Chely's book. Stay strong

by Anonymousreply 21412/23/2010

Been reading some of these posts... Holy Cow, was getting heavey there for a while, to heavey for me. I happen to be a huge Chely supportor, met her and adore her. Is she perfect, I'm sure she would be the first to admit she isn't, but then again, is anyone. On that note, back to the gossip, isn't that what this site is ????? %0D %0D Chely's at Bloomingdales right now, says it's a mad house and she would rather be eating a slice of pizza.. funny girl. I hope she and LB have a wonderful, romantic 1st christmas together. I'm met both of them, and have to say, they are just so damn cute together, and nice as could be to chat with. %0D %0D I'm hoping we'll see and hear more of Chely in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 21512/23/2010

I was in NYC to attend Chely's book signing some months back. Before going to the book store, my friend and I went to a favorite restaurant to get some dinner. I was wearing my "Like Me T-Shirt". Well, you could of blown me over when I looked over, and 2 tables from where we were siting was Chely and her best buddy Chuck. She saw me, and noticed my T-Shirt. Within 10 seconds she jumped up and came right over to our table and sat and chatted with us. I thought I was on candid camera. %0D %0D What a nice, gracious lady she was, of course we told her we were on our way to see her at Borders, she was so excited. Chuck is a sweetheart as well. Nice, nice man. Loved him.%0D %0D So before leaving I head to the rest room and who is in the restaurant restroom putting on her make up for the show, but Chely... She truly is stunning, with or without the makeup. So there we were in the bathroom chatting again. %0D %0D So we eventually get to the signing and Chely makes it a point to spot us in the crown and go a shot out. Tells the crowd about our meeting... Said I was now considered a close friend because I "heard" her pee !!!!!%0D %0D While I see there are folks on here that seem to want to trash her, I can only tell you my experience was amazing. If you ever have an opportunity to see her, please do so, you won't be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 21612/23/2010

This is when I sorely miss Mamaseeta...

She'd know how to play on DL. Enough of the sweet, sanctimonious dykes 24/7. Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 21712/23/2010

My advice to you R217 is to start your own thread. Mamaseeta thread. And call it the Jealous Old Homophobic Bitter Bitch thread.%0D %0D This is Chely's thread and it is what it is. To know her is to love her. I'm sure she's not perfect but from where I'm sitting, she is.%0D %0D Hang in there R191.

by Anonymousreply 21812/24/2010

R 218 KUDOS, I'm with ya!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21912/24/2010

{QUOTE} This is Chely's thread and it is what it is {QUOTE}%0D %0D I am so glad someone has finally admitted that this thread is controlled by Chely peeps. This should have been made clear by the OP on page one. %0D %0D Instead of "The Lesbians Detective Club-Chely Wright", This thread should have instead been titled "The chely Wright Praise and Worship Temple".%0D %0D Instead of commenting "hard to believe" the OP instead should have commented "believe or get out - differing or objective views are not welcomed. Furthermore, intelligent insightful people who really do know how to dig and ferret things out are most especially not welcomed here." %0D %0D The current title of this thread is deceptive and deception is something that should not be associated with a nice Christian gay lady who never tells a lie. %0D %0D By the way mamaseeta, if you are still into girls, call me. I am in an open relationship and I'll bet you are still one whole hell of a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 22012/24/2010

Amen, R220! Finally -- a sane lesbian speaks.

by Anonymousreply 22112/24/2010

R220 = R221 A therapist would do your body good!!!! You are one sick puppy!!! Get a life you crazy bitch!!!!%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 22212/24/2010

QUOTE{I feel that I have stumbled upon something I never expected to find here. It has been an interesting experience for me.}%0D %0D %0D R222 is making Chely look very bad indeed. If R222 is not Chely, it is most certainly a Chely peep. Chely peeps, you speak for Chely, so whatever you say might as well be coming out of her mouth. I thought Chely was a nice Christian lady. Would she talk to anyone like that? %0D %0D R220 is not R221. Use your troll-dar. %0D %0D R220 is me, someone who purchased Chely's book and record and was intially very impressed with her. I had never heard of her before, and I wanted to find out more. It seems I certainly have. %0D %0D By the way, I do not live in Nashville. I live in South Beach. %0D %0D Good Grief!!

by Anonymousreply 22312/24/2010

R220 = R221 = R223 You know exactly how to make trollbar ineffective.%0D %0D Seriously! Get to a therapist fast!!! You are out of your fucking mind!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22412/24/2010

My goodness, what a stubborn-minded "nice Christian lady" you are. %0D %0D Apparently, the objective truth simply cannot move you. %0D %0D In post R223 I was not kidding.%0D %0D You are the one who is flipping out.%0D %0D This is fascinating... %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 22512/24/2010

Hahaha!!! You are truly insane!!! Keep it up psycho!! You're simply here for my amusement at this point.

by Anonymousreply 22612/24/2010

I am pleased that the word "amusement" has finally entered your vocabulary.%0D %0D I really do hope that you can get some objectivity and see this for what it really and truly is. %0D %0D Like I said before, in post R223 I am absolutely not kidding. %0D %0D The reaction I am getting to my posts is astonishing to me.%0D %0D I am smiling and I hope you can too. %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 22712/24/2010

Very slow Chely news days!!

by Anonymousreply 22812/24/2010

Oh i'm more than smiling!!! I'm busting a gut at your crazy ass!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22912/24/2010

It's not a slow news day. She posted a Christmas eve video that's aabsolutely adorable. She is beaming with happiness.

by Anonymousreply 23012/24/2010

R229 , I am so glad you are feeling so much better now.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 23112/24/2010

This thread gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 23212/24/2010

Hahahaha!!! Heeheeteehee!!! Who knew psychosis could be so damned hilarious?!!! %0D %0D I need to sign off. Give me one more bizarre comment?? C'mon, just for shits and grins.

by Anonymousreply 23312/24/2010

Why is she in PA? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 23412/24/2010

If I had an objectivity pill to give you I would certainly do so.%0D %0D Like I said before, I am astonished at the reaction I am getting to my posts.%0D %0D I am sorry you are getting the creeps.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 23512/24/2010

Well crazy lady, there's 12 of us here at my house and we all thank you for an evening full of laughter. Later, you freak!!!

by Anonymousreply 23612/25/2010

%0D %0D well R236, I am glad no one else is complaining about having the creeps. %0D %0D I can assure you that I have found this all very amusing and very revealing as well. %0D %0D My perspective on this topic has broadened quite a bit. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 23712/25/2010

To everyone who celebrates, Merry Christmas! My lovely wife has already started with the cooking. And we're snowed in! Yay!%0D %0D To the one(s) who is determined to discredit the positive comments on here and accuse us of being Fanscape, Chely's peeps, or even Chely herself (really? wow, you DO need a reality check), get over it! Chely has a loyal fan base, get over it! Chely is happier than ever, get over it!%0D %0D What is your vendetta against Chely? There are plenty of beloved celebrities who I don't particularly care for but I'm not compelled to go on web sites and mock them and their fans. I realize even Chely Wright can't make everyone fall in love with her (she's getting pretty darn close though) but you seriously sound like a jealous ex. You're entitled to your opinion but when you start giving us fans a hard time, brace yourself for one helluva fight. %0D %0D R191, stay strong sweetheart. You have amazing things coming your way.

by Anonymousreply 23812/25/2010

[quote]I feel I have stumbled upon something I never expected to find here. %0D %0D Just remember folks, that in spite of the title of this thread, this is in fact the "Chely Wright Praise and Worship Temple" and it is controlled by Chely peeps. %0D %0D Objectivity and rationality are absolutely not welcomed here.%0D %0D So if you are thinking about posting here, don't be naive, be warned. %0D %0D Oh and R221, thank you so much. I really do appreciate a rational mind.%0D %0D By the way R221, if you are ever in South Beach, that offer at the end of my post R220 still stands.

by Anonymousreply 23912/25/2010

Woohoo!!! I'm the first to sign up for the Chely Wright Praise and Worship Temple. Love her!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24012/25/2010

Anyone else think one psychotic person is talking to their psychotic other self in this thread?

Your rants aren't going to deter the rest of us from a conversation and discussion about Chely. You obviously have not been a part of the first four Chely threads.

And, I am also wondering about her trip to PA...and who were the little kids in the Christmas Eve video?

by Anonymousreply 24112/25/2010

R241 I would venture to say that Chely and Lauren are visiting family for the holidays. The children are nieces and nephews.

by Anonymousreply 24212/25/2010

[quote]This has been an interesting experience for me.%0D %0D R238 , R241 ,what you fail to comprehend is that the rabid Chely fans and Chely peeps are fighting (and driving away) a thinking person who actually bought Chely's book and record. %0D %0D If the consumers of Chely's product can only be her most rabid fans, then she will have a much smaller pool of consumers to draw upon.%0D %0D When someone captures my attention, I look at them very carefully and very deeply. Clearly this has made the subject of this thread feel threatened and very uncomfortable.%0D %0D Please do continue your session of "Chely Wright Praise And Worship". At least the nature of this thread is now clear to me. When I naively first posted here I had no idea what I was walking into. %0D %0D Finally, in spite of your fervent wish to the contrary, R220 and R221 really are two different people. %0D %0D One if them is probably an ex. The other might have become a fan. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 24312/25/2010

Chely can't please all the people all the time but it's so obvious that there's a negative poster on here and their story is a personal one with Chely. Stop insulting our intelligence. I can accept someone for saying they don't like her music or they couldn't relate to her book. But to criticize her fans on here and claim they have to be her "peeps" is ludicrous. I admit I've gotten a little defensive regarding my admiration for Chely but after reading posts like R191, don't dismiss me as Fanscape or whatever. Chely is making a difference in people's lives. What are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 24412/25/2010

Exactly, well said R241.

What you fail to realize R243 is that everyone has different experiences and reactions. I happen to to be a big Chely fan and have been for about 15 years now. I have looked at her as deeply as you and I believe that Chely is a good person with a passionate heart. I have never met her personally, but there are a lot of stories out there that proves this.

I in no way think she is perfect. In fact, reading her book made me realize that she is human and has done some things she is probably not proud of...but haven't we all. I'm glad she shared those stories. I live near Nashville and have heard the rumors for many years and knew she was probably hiding....and I can relate.

If you have had a bad experience then you have a right to question her. But, don't get obsessive about saying everyone who "praises" her must be one of her peeps or Fanscape. It's not true. And, you know that.

by Anonymousreply 24512/25/2010

[quote]Stop insulting our intelligence.%0D %0D R244 , R245 you absolutely fail to comprehend what sort of person you are dealing with here. %0D %0D I posted as a review of her book as IJustLookStraight on LikeMe.

by Anonymousreply 24612/25/2010

[quote]I respectfully suggest that instead of attacking the people who are posting here, that you instead carefully consider the true issue at hand.%0D %0D If you call yourself a Chely fan, the quote above is my main point. %0D %0D If you don't want me to post here it is absolutely not a problem. Don't reply to my posts or mention anything I have said and you will never hear from me again. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 24712/25/2010

R248 you wrote

"The continual promotion of Chely as the 1st major country music artist to come out has always grated with me - seeming again to be an overstating of the situation."

Who then, was the first major, hit-making commercial artist known as a country music star came out before her?

You're really harsh about Chely. Sounds like you have a personal problem with her. Her book is actually lauded as a very good book by critics and many people in the literary word. She actually IS making a difference. And you say that you were a member of her fan site and got tired of the "me, me me" on it so you unsubscribed. ?? That's weird. That's what fan sites are about. Did you want her to talk about "you, you, you"?

One more thing, I don't think Chely's use of social media is unlike any other artist in entertainment. They ALL use it to the degree Chely uses it. You are very critical of her. Make me think you have a vendetta or ulterior motive. She made no secret about it in her book that she's made changes in her friendship/work circles once she decided to come out and that probably pisssed a few people off. Maybe you're one of those people? Or one of those people's friends? Hmmm. Do the math, people. Chely has been known to be one of the most giving artists in country music since her first CD came out in 1995. She's been known to be nice and generous and giving and kind. Why would we let someone make us question that now?

I know what I know.

Merry Christmas to all.

by Anonymousreply 24912/25/2010

R249 your post "makes me think" you're about 13.

by Anonymousreply 25012/25/2010

R249!!!! Thank you!!! You hit the nail on the head with that post!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25212/25/2010

Brilliant R249! However, you're fighting a losing battle. Someone is unable to move on and there's no greater wrath than a woman scorned. Let her spew her hate. Perhaps it's therapeutic for her. Regardless, we all know the truth. %0D %0D And Merry Christmas to you too!!!%0D %0D Check out Chely's video wishing everyone happy holidays. She is so adorable!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25312/25/2010

Hey, mamaseeta, I am looking at an estuary map to see if I can get my yacht up to the Cumberland river. Maybe I can come see you in Nashville if you can't make it down here to South Beach.%0D %0D I'm sorry you sweet little Chely girls, I simply could not resist.%0D %0D I do have a sense of humor.%0D %0D I know I said I would not post here anymore, and I will make a sincere effort to stay away from here, but I must admit some of this thread is fascinating reading. Its not quite like anything else on DL.%0D %0D Now you sweet girls have a good night and I hope you had a "Happy Holiday".%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 25412/25/2010

Have you ever tried Prozac R254?

by Anonymousreply 25512/25/2010

"there's no greater wrath than a woman scorned" LMAO R253!!! Amen sister! We definitely have a bitter ex on this thread. Actually I think there's more than one ex on here. Women! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! And yes, Chely looks adorable in the video.

by Anonymousreply 25612/25/2010

"Who then, was the first major, hit-making commercial artist known as a country music star came out before her?"%0D %0D How far do you want to go back? In the 1960s, for example, around the time the Chely was born, there was Wilma Burgess.

by Anonymousreply 25712/25/2010

I've lived in Nashville for over 20 years. I remember when Chely had her first hit. Nashville thought she was "the latest and greatest." After a while people started noticing something very peculiar about Chely in that she didn't like to talk about her personal life. That doesn't fly here. This is down home family oriented territory. I heard her giving an interview on a local radio statio and she refused to even play the pronoun game. I knew her career would be stunted if she didn't play the game. Hell, you don't even have to play the game well. You can get married for 4 months and have the marriage annulled and still squelch the rumors. If Chely stayed with Brad Paisley they'd be considered another Garth and Tricia, Tim and Faith, etc.. Chely could have been huge if only she played the game. There's nothing wrong with using and abusing people for your own personal gain, is there? Why couldn't she lie to her fans and pretend to be someone she wasn't? Because if she had, she'd be filthy rich today. She wouldn't have to ask for donations for a little indie film.

by Anonymousreply 25812/26/2010

I have to agree with R258. Chely is well aware of closeted homosexuals in Nashville who are very successful in the country music industry. They lie and maybe throw out some homophobic slurs every now and then. What's the big deal?Why couldn't Chely do that? She would've been laughing all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 25912/26/2010

I wonder if 256 scratched her balls after she typed that.

by Anonymousreply 26012/26/2010

I too remember an interview about 10 years ago and Chely was so funny and entertaining. UNTIL the interviewer asked the personal questions. How awkward!!! Even for the listeners. Why didn't she make something up? Could she not visualize $$$$$$$$?

by Anonymousreply 26112/26/2010

R258 - this is off topic, but I'm not a huge fan of the country scene...which will soon be obvious.

Are you saying that Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood's marriage is one of convenience? Love it.

by Anonymousreply 26212/26/2010

R261 at a certain point, it's no longer about the money. I bet Chely was pretty sick of the lies by then and just wanted to live her life.

by Anonymousreply 26312/26/2010

R263 I'm not so sure because look at the bullshit she has to tolerate now. She came out, committing herself philanthropically and people (at least a few on this thread)are accusing her of being fake and swindling their money. She should have lied to her fans, pretended to be a whore (being a whore in Nashville is acceptable but being gay is taboo) and taken the money. She could be a very wealthy woman.

by Anonymousreply 26412/26/2010

R263, I'm not sure I agree. Anyone in the public spotlight will have to deal with bullshit closeted or not. Celebrities always have someone to answer to and no matter what, will never make everyone happy, especially us bitchy homos on datalounge. From reading her book and from seeing her at a reading, the overall feeling I got is she is grateful to just be where she is now in life. I obviously have no inside information to that effect, but I bet Chely is still happy she came out. She finally had the opportunity to branch out and find a girlfriend who isn't entirely toxic and repressed. Also, R264 the definition of "wealth" does not only relate to monetary terms. I hope Chely now has a wealth of support, happiness, and love in her life, and I wish that for you too. Start the Kumbaya crunchy granola jokes now.

by Anonymousreply 26512/26/2010

correction post R265 was directed to R264, I am no Mamaseeta talking to myself...or am I?

by Anonymousreply 26612/26/2010

There are some posters on here - not pointing fingers - who are either in need of a good ass-whipping, or a good fucking, I've haven't quite decided yet.

by Anonymousreply 26712/26/2010

R266 Hahaha!!! I'm sure you're right. I was reading through some of these posts and suddenly I became an angry cynic.

by Anonymousreply 26812/26/2010

Pointing finger at me. Sorry R267.

by Anonymousreply 26912/26/2010

finally, someone sensible. R265. honestly, if Chely truly were a bitch, would we hear so many stories of people meeting her and saying, "well, she was nice to me, looked me in the eye and gave me her attention"? Isn't that all we should expect of a celebrity? It seems that she gives that. I agree, she could have married a couple of male stars or a professional athlete or her record label head or her producer or her manager like other female country singers do. She didn't. She came out. Class act, if you ask me. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 27012/26/2010

susanbennett220 tweeted Chely about singing in the store in '92. Maybe she really is "Brenda" afterall. There were doubts expressed about that in the previous thread. Which one is she, the woman on the left or the right of her twitter photo?

by Anonymousreply 27112/26/2010

I just wanted to report a Chely/Lauren sighting in Brooklyn on Christmas day. They were at a grocery store in Park Slope. Very cute. Kissing over their basket at one point. Nothing inappropriate, just a little smooch. Really sweet. I almost approached Chely to tell her how much I love her CD and her book, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me.

by Anonymousreply 27212/26/2010

That a girl, r272.

by Anonymousreply 27312/26/2010

Thanks R270! Also thanks to R272 for the sighting info. They sound like a cute couple. Not to try and pick sides but I agree with your girlfriend when it comes to leaving them alone. I look at it in the way of on call and off call for work. Fans rarely afford their celebrities off time, could you imagine working 24/7 without a break? That's why Chely has meet and greets prior to concerts and after signings. Allows the time with the fans she seems to so much enjoy, while trying to maintain some sort of "private" life. Of course that again is all speculation, I maintain I am not fanscape nor am I in Chely's camp.

by Anonymousreply 27412/26/2010

Sweet update R272. However, she could be tucked away in her multi-million dollar home in Nashville and her staff would be grocery shopping in this freezing weather if only she played the game. Mamaseeta would agree with me.

by Anonymousreply 27512/26/2010

R275 You seem very obsessed with Chely's financials and monetary decisions. Have you ever tried to maintain a multi-million dollar home or employ an army of staff before? You place so much emphasis on things that are not necessary to happiness in life. It may be hard to comprehend for you, but some people enjoy the banality of regular day to day human life.

by Anonymousreply 27612/26/2010

What's wrong with playing the game if you're securing your financial future? She sure wouldn't be asking for donations for the film she's making. There's something to be said about financial security.

by Anonymousreply 27712/26/2010

OOPS!, R276. You might want to re-read post R275 very carefully. %0D %0D R275 is actually supportive of Chely and their lone post on this particular page hardly constitutes an obsession with financial matters.

by Anonymousreply 27812/26/2010

LOL, R276 , in view of R277 it actually looks like I misread post R275 !!

by Anonymousreply 27912/26/2010

I highly doubt she's not "financially secure". I'm sure she makes more than a comfortable living just doing what she is currently doing. She also doesn't seem to be an obsessively big spender like some celebs. Maybe that stems from her humble beginnings. She may not be making Lady Gaga cash, but I'm pretty sure she probably qualifies as one of the currently lamented top 1% earners of this lovely country on a yearly basis. I'd be shocked if she made less than that.

by Anonymousreply 28012/26/2010

I'm sure she's financially comfortable but there's no way she's in the top 1%. Contrary to how it sounds, I'm actually very supportive of Chely. I was in Nashville when the industry shunned her for being gay and NOW it appears the gay people are berating her. So what's the point? I say she should've gone for the money.

by Anonymousreply 28112/26/2010

You have a funny way of showing your support R281. Read post R191. There are many other posts similar to R191. I'm so relieved she didn't go for the money or play the game. Chely has a purpose and it's not to pretend she's someone she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 28212/26/2010

R281, You really think she doesn't make close to, if not more than $500,000 yr? I'm pretty sure that would put her in the top 1% of earners. They of course don't take into account your expenditures during the calculation. I'd be shocked if she didn't get at least that amount of royalties from her previously released music and new book combined, not to mention speaking engagements. Yes R281, you are right, some gay people are berating her on this site, but as I said earlier, in R265...that seems to be the downfall of "celebrity". Even the people you think will accept you, end up being bitter little bitches. Clarification, I do not hold myself above this distinction of bitter little bitch at times, though I side with Chely when it comes to many of the bitter posts on this site.

by Anonymousreply 28312/26/2010

Thus spoke the choir...

by Anonymousreply 28412/27/2010

Seek help r282/283.

by Anonymousreply 28512/27/2010

A lot of these militant Shelley fans sound like Foster fans back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 28612/27/2010

I was an intern for a popular radio station in Nashville many years ago. Chely came in for a an interiew and I remember thinking what a refreshing change she was opposed to other country music celebrities. She was beautiful, articulate, poised and so charming. She brought her little yorkie in the studio with her and Chely treated her like a baby. It was really cute. The dj interviewing her was a popular radio personality and the interview was one of the best I'd heard. But then he starts making these innuendos about her personal life. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was brutal. No one in the studio knew I was gay and after witnessing that, there was no way I was coming out. Sorry people, I played the game because I wasn't as strong as Chely.

by Anonymousreply 28712/27/2010

The sighting on Christmas of CW & LB from 272...just because I'm interested (and a country music fan)....I've seen pictures of Lauren but is she hot in person or just middle-ground or when you see them together do you think what the heck is Chely doing with her? Just curious. I've read other things from people that have met them and said LB is hot in her own right but since DataLounge is the home of the no bs lesbian "truthtellers"....who has seen LB in person and what is the inside on her whole look/personal attraction? Who has been to a greet/meet after does LB look in person? Yes, I agree to seek professional help in the New Year! Ha, ha....

by Anonymousreply 28812/27/2010

[quote]DataLounge is the home of the no bs lesbian "truthtellers"

*snort* Yeah, right. More like delusional sour cuntzillas.

by Anonymousreply 28912/27/2010

I've seen LB on several occasions and she's average to above average. If she weren't standing next to Chely then she'd be very attractive but it's hard to look good standing next to Chely Wright. LB has this infectious smile and when you see Chely and LB smiling at each other, it's too sweet. Yuck, that was sappy. But it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 29012/27/2010

How does Lauren support herself?

by Anonymousreply 29112/27/2010

So LB looks better in person than she photographs? %0D %0D How long until the sheen wears off and the age difference takes over? THAT is the question. (C'mon, you all are thinkin' it..)

by Anonymousreply 29212/27/2010

R288 I have seen Lauren and Chely in person. Had an opportunity to speak with both of them. I found LB to be very cute, above average for sure, kind of like a soft tomboy type, know what I mean? Together, no doubt they are a very attractive couple. Also, LB has a great giggle and beautiful smile. I can see the attraction for Chely. There is however an 11 year age difference, but it certainly doesn't seem to be an issue for them. I find them to be a very hot couple in person.

by Anonymousreply 29312/27/2010

I've met Chely and LB a couple of times. I thought Lauren was as cute as she could be. They definitely have a chemistry with each other.

by Anonymousreply 29412/27/2010

by Anonymousreply 29512/27/2010

R288 I've met LB and her sister JB (Julie Blitzer) who is also gay. I found LB to be very personable and pretty. She has a great smile, and pretty eyes. I think CW and LB compliment each other well.

by Anonymousreply 29612/27/2010

For anyone who cares, Chely's supposed to be on the Nate Berkus show today. I hope if there is an interview component, we get some new questions or answers. It seems like many of her interviews have come with scripted answers, or quotes from her book. She's much more engaging in person than on TV. She always seems like a bundle of nerves in front of the camera.

by Anonymousreply 29712/29/2010

I care. I met her through the NOH8 campaign and I've been following her ever since. She is a fascinating woman.

by Anonymousreply 29812/29/2010

In refer. to 296, LB's sister Julie Blitzer being gay she an out lesbian like Lauren because I hadn't heard about her being gaydar missed her because I would have noticed her. Now, did Chely Wright know Julie first or Lauren? Who introduced Lauren to Chely? I think Lauren and Chely make an excellent couple and I think after watching Lauren's "She said what" online reruns on AfterEllen that...well...I'd like to know more about Ms. Blitzer. She might be a young 29 but she is more than average...She is HOT, too, and check her out more because...oh, my...just check her out. That is one sexy tomboui, upper classed cutie indeed...just sayin'...I read her book, too, and even if it is very light was good.

by Anonymousreply 29912/29/2010

All I know is Julie's Friendster page says she's single and looking for a woman. I'm always fascinated by families with multiple gay siblings, since all my siblings are super-straight. What a bore.

by Anonymousreply 30012/29/2010

R300. What's a Friendster Page? I've never heard of this before? I'm familiar with facebook and twitter ??? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 30112/29/2010

R299- To answer your questions, yes, Julie is an out lesbian, don't think she is with anyone right now. Chely knew Lauren first, and met Julie through Lauren. Chely and Lauren met through the GLSEN organazation in NYC where Lauren works. Lauren and her sister are very close in age. Julie being a little older by a year or two. I would agree, Lauren is attractive in a soft tomboy kind of way. Her personality is just as attractive, she has the greatest little giggle.... I wish the best for the both of them. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 30212/29/2010

Julie's Friendster page. Not many pics, but I just get the impression she's a really nice person. Hope she meets a nice girl.

by Anonymousreply 30312/29/2010

OMFG!!! I'm in love with Chely Wright!!!! I met her a couple of weeks ago and I can't concentrate. All I can think about is her, us. What are my chances? I live in Tribeca!! I'm a successful model. I'm 24 but a mature 24. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 30412/30/2010

R304, My goodness, young lady you really are stirred up. %0D %0D Please details about this and what it was about Chely that got you so passionately distracted. %0D %0D Where did you meet her and what did she say to you?%0D %0D Have you read her book or listened to her new record?

by Anonymousreply 30512/30/2010

The girls are still talking about Chely Wright???

This is how I know I am not a typical lesbian. This is old, old news.

by Anonymousreply 30612/30/2010

@R306 What's a typical lesbian? As far as I'm concerned, Chely will never be considered "old news".%0D %0D @R305 I was in ATL visiting friends. They know the Indigo Girls. We went to their concert and was allowed backstage. I didn't get a chance to personally talk to Chely but my friends did. Everything about her was mesmerizing. I couldn't take my eyes off her lips while she was speaking. Especially her bottom lip. God!%0D %0D I bought her book and CD. Love the CD but I haven't read the book yet. My schedule has been extremely hectic. I should be able to read it within the next couple of days.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 30712/30/2010

LOL R306. I personally would like to hear an atypical lesbian's view of Ms. Wright.

by Anonymousreply 30812/30/2010

It's not that hard to understand, R306. Young women, gay or straight, are obsessed with romance. Straight girls have INFINITE outlets for that obsession. Meanwhile gay girls have only a handful of real lesbian couples - like Kate Moennig/Holly Miranda and Chely Wright/Lauren Blitzer - and a few "faux lesbian" fanfic couples to obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 30912/30/2010

Thanks, that was really interesting R307. %0D %0D A lot of people have been saying that the book got them distracted. Please post back here after you have read the book.

by Anonymousreply 31012/30/2010

R300, wow, Friendster...that's a throwback to 2002. I didn't know it still existed. Did anyone get to see Chely on the Nate Berkus show yesterday? The interview didn't seem as scripted as ones in the past. I did pick up on her constantly repeating the name of the interviewer like someone posted on here previously, that made me chuckle. I was surprised Nate didn't have Chely read the part of her book related to teen bullying and suicide and how she equates gay teen suicide with hate crimes. Also, does anyone else find it off putting when she is announced as "country music 'super star'"? It seems forced and corny. I guess I personally just don't see her as a "super star", star yes, super star, no. Maybe it's just because I never lived in the mid west or heard about her until she came out. She is definitely a celebrity, but she just doesn't have the "super star" following like Alan Jackson, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney etc. Doesn't matter to me if she is a super star or not, she definitely gained me as a new fan, it just seems like false advertising when I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 31112/30/2010

This thread was once entertaining. Now it's like a gaggle of obsessed junior high school girls.

by Anonymousreply 31212/30/2010

LOL, R312 . I would like to hear what you might know about Chely or how you really feel about her. %0D %0D Some of these ladies are indeed smitten, but others are a bit more rational. %0D %0D I don't see anything wrong with their perspective or yours for that matter. %0D %0D A balanced global view: that is what makes interesting reading to me.

by Anonymousreply 31312/30/2010

To reply to what are your chances with Chely??? Hmmmm, because your on here askin' about it, I'd say pretty slim to none. I don't think CW is the type that's gonna give all the lezzies a try. She's the real deal and flirty but classy. A little deeper than ur average u-hauler or quick pick up just because you're a model...she meets lots of pretty faces every day. It's not just the junk in your trunk, it's knowing what to do with it that matters!

by Anonymousreply 31412/30/2010

For some reason R311, I did not notice Chely repeating the interviewer's name. However, I cringed when she was announced as a "Super Star". It is not an absolute lie, but it is hyperbole and sort of tarishes her image as "Nice Christian Gay Lady Who Does Not Lie". That hyperbole was one of the first things that made my antenna go up when she came out. But I must point out, on the show, she did not actually say this about herself, Nate said it.%0D %0D Before her interview, she said something to Nate about "not getting the support from everyone she expected" or something to that effect. I personally feel that this situation has something to do with the hyperbole I mentioned above. %0D %0D She seemed a bit rattled during the interview for some reason and she did not seem to radiate the confidence I expected to see. When she started reading she seemed to regain her composure and it showed that she is indeed a very fine speaker.%0D %0D She sang "Like Me", and while it is not my favorite song from her album, her voice was good and her performance seemed to convey the sensitivity of the person.%0D %0D She did not directly beg for money for her foundation or film. Instead she awarded a scholarship to bullying victim Seth's brother, and Nate chipped in. %0D %0D In a bad economy you have to be careful about directly asking ordinary folks for money for something they know little about. There are more sophisticated ways to motivate people to give. %0D %0D I still think Chely is genuine and sincere, but maybe her publicity people need to make sure she always looks absolutely honest in the eyes of the public.

by Anonymousreply 31512/30/2010

Ok, back to "Days of Chely's Lives"...notice that Twitters from CW is really down lately because she's got a beautiful new roomy named Lauren. Surprise! So, they are pretty busy these days moving that furniture around...yeah, moving furniture! Brings many visions into my head! (We all need a new hobby here, girls)

by Anonymousreply 31612/30/2010

Good point, R309! %0D %0D %0D Um...have Chely and Lauren really U hauled that quickly!

by Anonymousreply 31712/30/2010

Yeah, done deal but it really isn't that quick 'cause they've been seeing each other since August and some have said a little before that casually. Both are very much into the relationship being long term/monogamous and who knows maybe it will. They are great together and have lots of fun. They like the same people and have been seen all over around being the "cutest couple". CW has been ready for a "forever" relationship for a long time coming and LB has been around the bar scenes/party groups/dating all thru her 20's so she's a great choice for CW now that she's heading quickly for 30 come May. I'm pulling for them!!! They both are very smart, educated, beautiful, caring (even LB cooks to suit CW's veggie desires even if she herself is a carnivore), and deserving of a little privacy so I hope that all this hype into Chely doesn't ruin their chances of a normal, peaceful life together.

by Anonymousreply 31812/30/2010

Who moved where?

by Anonymousreply 31912/30/2010

There was a previous comment from a Nashvillian saying how Chely Wright was considered the "latest and greatest" when she had her first hit. It's true. Every man in Nashville was drooling over her (and lots of women). Her music was played on the radio constantly. She was indeed a superstar. Nashville fans are extremely loyal to their country music stars with one stipulation. You can't be gay. Chely had gotten to the point where she wasn't confirming the rumors but she wasn't denying them either. So the rumors escalated and that was pretty much the demise of her career. She is much more talented than some of the current superstars but Chely's career was cut short simply because she's gay. So in my eyes, she's still a superstar. In more ways than one. No I'm not one of her peeps. Just a native Nashvillian who remembers how unjustly she was treated.

by Anonymousreply 32012/30/2010

Chely looks completely different from her early days.

by Anonymousreply 32112/30/2010

Seriously, R318? You can't possibly care that much about their relationship.

Que sera, sera.

by Anonymousreply 32212/30/2010

I'm a country music fan since teens back in the 90's so I saw Chely when she first came on the scene and she was awesome and very good. Pure Country at it's my opinion...better than Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift...Chely has a great voice and down-earth-music and that makes her soooo missed by country fans today because country isn't country anymore, it is more "pop with a slight twang" now an' again. Chely old music was great. I hate to see that she was forced to leave her true style of singing...but her new music is good too. I think on the Nate B. show she is embarrassed by being called a superstar and most likely it still hurts her because she knows who she was and what she could have been, as far as popular in Nashville up against the best female vocalists (or so called). She seems very sensitive and it sucks! It truely sucks because she shouldn't have had to choose country music or her personal happiness. Her personal life was and is her business. I hope that she will make a new Country music album and that some smart producers/management would pick her up because I think alot of true country fans would support her! Give Nashville a REAL female singer again with talent and not just hair, boobs, and a mixing booth to cover their true voices!!! Come back to your true heart, Chely!!! True Country fans need you!!! We're not all a bunch of crazy, lesbians. Some of us believe that you're a good advocate for GLBT's but....come on, that's not all this life has for you!!!! Stand up and SING! Sing true and ignore all of the bs....'nuff said....

by Anonymousreply 32312/30/2010

[quote]Yeah, done deal but it really isn't that quick 'cause they've been seeing each other since August and some have said a little before that casually. Both are very much into the relationship being long term/monogamous and who knows maybe it will.

LMFAO!! 3 to 4mnths is not long enough to know anything about anything or one! Um..didn't Lauren cheat on and leave someone else after five years with just a bye!

[quote]It's not that hard to understand, [R306]. Young women, gay or straight, are obsessed with romance. Straight girls have INFINITE outlets for that obsession. Meanwhile gay girls have only a handful of real lesbian couples - like Kate Moennig/Holly Miranda and Chely Wright/Lauren Blitzer - and a few "faux lesbian" fanfic couples to obsess over.

There are better role models than cheaters and liars!

by Anonymousreply 32412/30/2010

R324 , I know quite well you are not a jealous ex. (Don't be fooled girls)%0D %0D It is obvious to me that you hate women, you are not in a relationship, you are bored, your penis is small and you can neither get it up or get off. %0D %0D The only excitement that you can generate in your life is ripping around on DL.%0D %0D I suggest you go down to the dealer and get a rig and some really good H. You will be much happier, and so will everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 32512/30/2010

I see what you mean R326 . Sometimes young people do not know how to end a relationship in a civilized way. %0D %0D However, I must point out that 5 years is not exactly a "one night stand". %0D %0D With a relationship that long, it looks like Lauren was at least making an effort at a long term commitment.%0D %0D Please tell us details about the relationship that ended. Was there incompatibility, fighting, poor communication, a lack of shared goals, sexual boredom, emotional abuse, substance abuse? Which party was at fault?%0D %0D All we have here are some astrological readings, some deductions and a few in-person observations. Based upon those, the CW-LB match-up looks good even when negative "abrupt behavior" factors are considered.%0D %0D See R32, R58, R69, R98, R99, R288 (There are more similar to 288)%0D %0D I would say that people learn from their experiences in life and at nearly 30, surely Lauren has matured.%0D %0D However, if you have some real factual juice, please dish.

by Anonymousreply 32712/30/2010

Sorry, correction on post 327 links: R32, R58, R69, R70, R73, R98, R99, R296 (There are more similar to R296)

by Anonymousreply 32812/30/2010

Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marononi are a healthy example to strive for. But noooo!!! They are too mature and secure.

by Anonymousreply 32912/30/2010

You are of course entitled to your opinon on role models R329 , but that is not the factual dish on LB we were looking for.%0D %0D If you've got something good, please dish.

by Anonymousreply 33012/30/2010

R329 you are a fraud, %0D %0D You are not a jealous ex and you are absolutely unable to bring us anything of interest on this topic.%0D %0D Also, You are cold, you are alone and you are bored.%0D %0D Get up from your computer, put a store brand frozen entree into the microwave, and crack open a cheap beer. No, on second thought, you might as well drink the entire 24 pack. %0D %0D I have a fifth of George Dickel Number 12 here that I considered offering you but I think I should save that for a much better person.

by Anonymousreply 33112/30/2010

R331? I was responding to R306 & R309! And you're right. I don't know shit about these women,But who here does! I'm just expressing an opinion on a topic.

Get a life bitch!!

by Anonymousreply 33212/30/2010

See everyone, I was right!!%0D %0D By the way R332 , your style of "expressing opinion on topic" is quite unecessarily inflammatory. %0D %0D If you are feeling a bit stung it is in fact entirely your own fault. %0D %0D Furthermore, I would like to know what you think is the real cause of homosexual behavior in someone as feminine and pretty and nice as Chely? %0D

by Anonymousreply 33312/31/2010

"I would like to know what you think is the real cause of homosexual behavior in someone as feminine and pretty and nice as Chely"%0D %0D Penis envy?

by Anonymousreply 33412/31/2010

That is just pitiful and speculative R334. %0D %0D Absolutely no penis is required.%0D %0D Like the lady said, she just likes girls.%0D %0D Just zip your own penis back up into your pants, quit fantasizing about her, get up from your computer and pop one of her CD's into your stereo and just appreicate her music on its own merits. %0D %0D After all, its just about the music isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 33512/31/2010

WTF, r333? Did you step right out of "The Well of Loneliness"? Only tall broad-shouldered women who dress, speak and act like men are allowed engage in homosexual behaviour?

by Anonymousreply 33612/31/2010

Ha! That's hilarious R334!! It's the polar opposite. It's called penis repulsion.

by Anonymousreply 33712/31/2010

That's the End of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 33812/31/2010

"what you think is the real cause of homosexual behavior"

What do you think is the real cause of heterosexual behavior, R333?

by Anonymousreply 33901/01/2011

Don't you already know R339? %0D %0D It's right there in the Holy Bible. It is the "original sin". If the first two heterosexuals had never "given into temptation" in the first place there would be no gay people on the planet to be upset about and there would also be no homophobic hetero people on the planet to make a fuss about them. %0D %0D Of course, I am teasing you a bit wickedly here, but there is something to my point. %0D %0D Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay or hetero, its just how people are. %0D %0D Love in any form sure beats hate all to hell. %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 34001/01/2011

R331 eats shit that's stale.

by Anonymousreply 34101/01/2011

I agree with Chely that "Lifted Off The Ground" is her best record to date. Her previous stuff is good, but this last one is all hers. I really prefer the stuff she writes herself. I also like that "home demo recording" of "Scars" from her "Everything" EP. I hope Linda Perry can produce Chely's next album. I am looking forward to it. %0D

by Anonymousreply 34201/01/2011

I wonder how that poll over on Chely's FB is going. It would be hard to choose just one thing from the list.

by Anonymousreply 34301/01/2011

Just wanted to share that Chely spoke to me at a book signing she did in San Diego. She didn't say anything specifically profound, but she did look me in the eye and give me about 5 minutes of her time and seemed genuinely interested in me. I told her that I am gay and that I'm not out to anyone, even in college. She was nice and asked me what I was studying. She also said to be easy on myself and not to judge my coming out process to hers or anyone elses. She said to just be good to myself and do it in my own time. She was really thoughtful and nice. What I didn't tell Chely is that I had been contemplating suicide. After I met her and saw how normal she was, I became hopeful about my future. I know I won't be coming out tomorrow, but I might this year. Anyway, I just read a lot of negative things on here and I wanted to share with you all that I am a young gay Christian college student and Chely coming out and being as kind as she is in person really made a difference in my life.

by Anonymousreply 34401/01/2011

(344), I understand your pain. I went to a Christian college as well and it was terribly difficult. I wanted so badly to not be gay and be able to date people I was attracted to, but I couldn't change. I'm in my 30's now I want to say to you, hang in there. I didn't even come out until recently and I had a 6 year relationship with my 'roommate' and I hid it from my family all of that time, which was extremely difficult emotionally.

I think Christian college was especially difficult and looking back, we were very young - and too young to think we knew everything, so I was holding myself to the strict rules my peers were preaching. Don't give up. Love your self. Remember the waitress in Chely's book? When Chely was young, she was attracted to her waitress and the waitress was wearing a shirt that said "God doesn't make mistakes." (don't hold me to exact wording, look it up!)? You'll know when you're ready to come out. There is nothing wrong with you and no, I hold-heartedly believe you are NOT going to hell over homosexuality. Try to keep your chin up. We all go through this. There are also plenty of resources for you if you need and I am sure that you can find plenty of info from others on this board.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Chely!

by Anonymousreply 34501/02/2011

OMG!! Lesbian Alyssa Quicksand's "out"-raged comment about Chely's film/activism over on Chely's FB.%0D %0D I'm not about to say this over there on Chely's FB, but Alyssa is not thinking ahead too well. %0D %0D Aside from the fact that it appears Chely is not satisfied with the status quo on LGBT rights, I suspect Chely is contemplating a career in politics at some point in the distant future, say after age 50 or so. Didn't Chely major in Political Science in college? Activism can certainly lead to a career in politics or lobbying. %0D %0D Even if she isn't interested in a future political career, Chely does seem to be kind of person who is willing to go out on a limb to stir things up. %0D

by Anonymousreply 34601/04/2011

R346 I read that as well and the first thing I thought of was that it's bad enough that we (LGBT) get bullied by the hetero population and now we have to endure it from people in our own community. Sad, truly sad!

It's because of advocates (like Chely) that laws get changed. If this FB person doesn't want to do that with her life then that's her choice but she should be thankful that some of the rights she gets to enjoy as a lesbian today are due to advocates like Chely who have (and are still are) fighting for equal rights.

That's my two cents on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 34701/04/2011

Allyssa Quicksand's comments are beyond ridiculous. Unless she's a celebrity whose boss is essentially the public, she needs to keep quiet. I'd like to know what SHE'S done for the movement. For her to say that it's no big deal to come out anymore is just stupid.

Chely is an advocate. An intelligent, classy and effective one at that. Sounds like a bitter lesbian to me.

by Anonymousreply 34801/04/2011

What college did Chely go to?

by Anonymousreply 34901/04/2011

R349, she went to MTSU in Murfreesboro, TN just outside of Nashville. From what I understand, she did not major in Music, she majored in Political Science.

by Anonymousreply 35001/04/2011

Did she graduate? She didn't mention it in her book.

by Anonymousreply 35101/04/2011

R351 , She got a recording contract before she finished her studies at MTSU, so she left the college without receiving a degree.

by Anonymousreply 35201/05/2011

Gimme good gossip or kill this thread. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 35301/06/2011

by Anonymousreply 35401/06/2011

Lesbian thread death?

by Anonymousreply 35501/06/2011

Is no one posting here any longer.... No more CW gossip? AWWWWW - sad!

by Anonymousreply 35601/08/2011

Very sad...guess we have to just keep goin' on...:)

by Anonymousreply 35701/09/2011

It still seems odd that Chely and Lauren seem to be tweeting each other while sitting in the same room.

by Anonymousreply 35801/09/2011

So did Chely move to Brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 35901/09/2011

In this interview Chely discusses how her record sales were cut in half after she came out, and how increased public awareness of her, as reflected in such as her Facebook page, does not result in more people buying her records or coming to her shows. This is interesting because I think it has been widely thought that the loss of country fans was offset by an increase in popularity among those who hadn't previously known of her.

by Anonymousreply 36001/12/2011

I think her record sales (at least from her most album) were probably down because its a hugely downer album.

Not one catchy tune it in, like Single White Female. Even her own record label begged her to write something positive and hopeful.

Which she sort of did....

Next album will be a big seller if she can amp up the catchy quotient of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 36101/12/2011

"I think her record sales (at least from her most album) were probably down because its a hugely downer album."%0D %0D I agree, R361.%0D %0D It also seems that many record sales were down in 2010.%0D %0D And another possible factor, which DL posters warned about all year, is that Chely seemed focussed on creating a new audience - a lesbian audience - and gave the impression that she had lost interest her old audience. Country music fans buy records. L-Word lesbians tend not to buy records.

by Anonymousreply 36201/12/2011

I don't think she forgot about her old audience. When the album came out, she was on quite a few country stations to promote the single "Broken". There were probably a lot of stations, though that wouldn't have her.

by Anonymousreply 36301/12/2011

Pretty interesting that these "death threat" articles come out right before she has a documentary & a Dinah spot to promote.

It's not that I don't believe her, but why didn't she mention this before?

Too much lesbian melodrama.

by Anonymousreply 36401/12/2011

Good grief R364!! "Paranoia will destroy ya"!%0D I'm sure there's medication for that. %0D %0D There's no doubt she's been threatened by right wing conservative rednecks. How is that considered "lesbian melodrama"?

by Anonymousreply 36501/12/2011

[quote]It's not that I don't believe her, but why didn't she mention this before? Too much lesbian melodrama.%0D %0D I might be mistaken, but I was thinking that Chely said something in June about receiving death threats in hate mail after she came out. Was it in some speech or interview that she gave in NYC? Maybe someone else here remembers the details of this. %0D %0D I am sure some of those lonely redneck guys who had fantasies of marrying her felt jilted when they found out she was a lesbian. We all know how "jilted lovers" can get hateful and even have thoughts of violence. The same thing can apply to at least a few of what are politely called "fans".%0D %0D Considering the ignorance, hatred and bigotry in some parts of the country I am not at all surprised that Chely has received death threats in hate mail. %0D %0D At least she just received those threats in messages and mail. %0D %0D I got the hell out of the rural Redneck Bible-Thumping South because I was actually threatened in person with a gun because I was gay. %0D %0D By the way, the folks who threatened me ONLY listened to Country Music. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 36601/12/2011

Unfortunately gay people are harassed and threatened and beaten all over the country and all over the world. Gay bashing is not limited to the American south and country music fans.

by Anonymousreply 36701/13/2011

Please with the "Lesbian drama" bs, we are not all about drama and guess what? Drama is a human thing, not a woman thing or a Lesbian thing. she has stated before all of this that she was being harassed and threatened. You have to do that research before you state a sweeping generalization like that.

by Anonymousreply 36801/13/2011

Just read the 2nd of the recent interviews with Chely Wright discussing her performing at The Dinah. In both she says that her girlfriend (who is going with her) has never been to the Dinah before. Yet if you watch episode 13 of She Said What on AfterEllen her girlfriend opens the vlog saying that they are filming from the Dinah. What gives? Someone not being honest about being there before?

by Anonymousreply 36901/17/2011

Could be because thats most likely not her girlfriend...

by Anonymousreply 37001/17/2011

R370 Check out the vlog. That is her girlfriend and she definitely says that they are at The Dinah Shore. It's not a secret that LB is her girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 37101/18/2011

R369 , If you have ever been interviewed by a print journalist you will know that you can expect to be misquoted. Sometimes journalists will "interpret" the situation and put things in the article that you never said at all. Unless you yourself have been the subject of a print interview or article you may never realize how inaccurate journalists can be when they "edit" what you said to them. %0D %0D I read an internet article on Bay Windows where Chely said she herself had never been to the Dinah. I certainly believe that. If I remember correctly, in that article Chely said nothing about LB. %0D %0D I do not know what other articles you read. %0D %0D I am wondering if a question like "Have you two been to the Dinah before?" was truthfully answered with "no WE have not" and then misinterpreted as LB being disingenuous about going to the Dianh before she met Chely. %0D %0D Please post links to the articles you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 37201/18/2011

What a weirdo r364 is.

by Anonymousreply 37301/18/2011

R370 , LB is Chely's girlfriend and Chely herself mentions this at 5:13-5:34 in the video below. This video is the 2010 Dallas Black Tie Dinner Awards. %0D

by Anonymousreply 37401/18/2011

Here is a pic of Chely and LB together at the 2010 Dallas Black Tie Dinner Awards:

by Anonymousreply 37501/18/2011

An interview in which Chely is asked if her partner has ever been to the Dinah. Scroll down to the very last question and answer.

by Anonymousreply 37601/18/2011

R372 Here is another interview where she said "I am bringing my girlfriend. It%E2%80%99s her first time to The Dinah as well"

Does not seem like a misquote to me if 2 different interviewers asked the same question and get the same response.

by Anonymousreply 37801/18/2011

Thanks for the links to those articles. %0D %0D Those don't look like "misquotes" to me either but then there could be other explanations. %0D %0D So which is it?%0D %0D 1: The journalist who wrote the articles was in a hurry and just made something up. %0D %0D 2: The Afterellen crew was really in NYC when they did that "At The Dinah" episode 13 of "She Said What?". Logo did not have the budget to send the ladies out to Palm Springs, so they just told them to "fake it". %0D %0D 3: LB was so drunk at the Dinah in 2007 that she could not remember a single thing about it. She was also drinking heavily on the plane so she could not even recall the flight out or the flight back home.%0D %0D 4: LB lied to Chely about going to the Dinah in 2007.%0D %0D 5: LB was so ashamed of her behavior at the Dinah in 2007 that she has unconsiously blocked out all memory of the event. %0D %0D 6: Chely is a vegetarian so she does not get her "brain food" (fish) and she has become forgetful about things her lovely new lady just told her a few minutes ago. %0D %0D Personally I vote for explanation #2. It happens in "entertainment" all the time.

by Anonymousreply 37901/18/2011

R379 I agree that explanation #2 does happen but after reading this article on Afterellen I highly doubt that this is the case.

They posted on their site that the shows they were taping at the Dinah were open to the public and gave times of when people could attend.

No matter what the explanation is I just thought it was interesting that it was said that LB has never attended when she has. Regardless if she attended for a work event she was still there.

by Anonymousreply 38001/18/2011

Oh my GOD! Could it be that Chely and LB just have never sat down and had a heart-to-heart about the Dinah and about all of the places they've been? Could it be that Chely and Lauren don't even really discuss such petty things%E2%80%93 they live their lives and don't focus on big Celesbian events? Could it be that Chely just assumed that Lauren hadn't attended the Dinah before because it's not really Lauren's type of scene? So what people? This is a weird thing to get hung up on.

by Anonymousreply 38101/18/2011

After reading just a few pages of this thread I have confirmed what I always feared - lesbians, when not fixing cars, recyclng and driving UPS trucks are INSANE.

by Anonymousreply 38201/18/2011

[quote]This is a weird thing to get hung up on.%0D %0D Public figures, in the same way as Politicians, are subject to having their interviews dissected for any evidence of inconsistency. %0D %0D At least these "analytical" posts are over here on an anonymous forum and not right in Chely's face over on her Facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 38301/18/2011

I will agree that it is strange she didn't know LuLu had been to Dinah. I don't think anyone is obsessing about it. I mean it was announced several weeks, if not a few months ago, that Chely would be at the Dinah. So, it is interesting that since that time LuLu hasn't said to Chely "oh, I've been there."

by Anonymousreply 38401/18/2011

by Anonymousreply 38501/19/2011

Oh really R382? I don't know a thing about cars except filling the gas tank and I detest doing that. I don't drive a UPS truck, I'm a fitness instructor. However, I DO recycle. You got me there. I have my shit together and so do my other lesbian friends. Broaden your circle of friends (and mind) you moron.

by Anonymousreply 38601/19/2011

R379 clearly has no life.

by Anonymousreply 38701/19/2011

R386 = trained seal. You really are a stupid cunt!

[quote]I'm a fitness instructor.

Yeah and I bet you still weigh 300 pounds you dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38801/19/2011

You're a pathetic piece of shit R388. I suspect you're the one who's tilting the scales at 300+. Sorry Dipshit, I'm in amazing shape. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. I'm sure you have redeeming qualities...or not.

by Anonymousreply 38901/19/2011

R387 , It does appear that you do not like what R379 had to say. %0D %0D I have no idea whether or not R-379 "has a life" or not but at least R-379 does have a sense of humor.%0D

by Anonymousreply 39001/19/2011

Lesbian-hating R382 and R388 have revealed too much about themselves:%0D %0D Lesbian-haters who post on a Lesbian topic thread=LONELY+BORED+SEXUALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL+JEALOUS OF LESBIANS AND THEIR MULTIPLE ORGASMS %0D %0D For further reference on your sad condition please see another poster's comment at R331.

by Anonymousreply 39101/19/2011

379/390 you still have no life and you sound fat and humorless.

by Anonymousreply 39201/19/2011

The idiots who keep flaming and posting off-topic here clearly are bored, lonely, socially challenged, emotionally challenged and intellectually challenged.

by Anonymousreply 39301/19/2011

Um, everyone on datalounge is bored, lonely, socially challenged, emotionally challenged and intellectually challenged...

by Anonymousreply 39401/19/2011

So which one are you r393?

by Anonymousreply 39501/19/2011

Is anyone here planning to see Chely at the 2010 Dinah?%0D %0D Chely is certainly "not in Kansas anymore"...%0D

by Anonymousreply 39601/19/2011

r 391 Without benefit of one of the sacred wimmin's crafts to ground you - you are INSANE.%0D Perhaps there's a drum cicle in your area you could join?

by Anonymousreply 39701/19/2011

LOL!! Correction on post 396!! I meant the 2011 Dinah...

by Anonymousreply 39801/19/2011

Did anyone here see Chely at the 30A festival in Florida this past week?%0D

by Anonymousreply 39901/19/2011

You're fat r400.

by Anonymousreply 40101/19/2011

R401 needs to start their own thread titled: "I need to anonymously insult people I have never seen".%0D %0D So, R401, what's the problem? Can't start your own "insult" thread because you don't have the $18 ?

by Anonymousreply 40201/19/2011

Go have another twinkie r402. Make yourself feel better, fattie.

by Anonymousreply 40301/19/2011

R401 needs a new obsessive hobby to replace obsessive posting on this thread. %0D %0D I strongly recommend that R401 take up obsessive two handed masturbation. That would keep both hands occupied and off the keyboard. R401 would feel much better and so would everyone else. %0D %0D Oh and by the way, R401, two handed masturbation is entirely free of charge. It won't cost you $18...

by Anonymousreply 40401/19/2011

R404, fat girls never get a man.

by Anonymousreply 40501/19/2011

by Anonymousreply 40601/19/2011

Nor do you R405. Btw, R404 probably doesn't want a man.

by Anonymousreply 40701/19/2011

r406 quadruple chins were jiggling up a storm as she typed that.

by Anonymousreply 40801/19/2011

[quote]Btw, [R404] probably doesn't want a man.

Of course she does she's just too fat to get one.

by Anonymousreply 40901/19/2011

Hey ladies!! Let's just ignore the jackass. We're all too busy. He lives in his mother's basement and can keep this up all day long. Have at it loser!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41001/19/2011

R405 , What's the matter cowboy? Posting here because you felt jilted by Chely when she came out?%0D %0D Get your ignorant, homophobic ass off this thread and off this board. %0D %0D "Fat" lesbians don't need a man. %0D %0D Good looking, fit Lesbians don't need a man either. %0D %0D Chely does not need you or any other man and neither do I.

by Anonymousreply 41101/19/2011

Woohoo R411. Call me! I think I'm in love!

by Anonymousreply 41201/19/2011

Fat, basement dwelling, unemployed lesbians @r411 and r412 doth protest too much. Who are you trying to convince me or yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 41301/19/2011

{quote]another goodlooking, fit, rich lesbian

I call bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 41401/19/2011

[quote] Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.%0D %0D This is a quote from the PubMed scientific abstract at the link below. %0D %0D So you DL trolling homophobes posting crap on this thread, it is you who "doth protest too much", and your dirty little secret is exposed for all to see.%0D %0D Scientists and gay people have known about this for a very long time. %0D %0D It's time you homophobes accepted your own repressed homosexuality. That would give you something to do with your hands other than type absurd personal insults and homophobic hate on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 41501/19/2011

Insecure much R415? Craving "homophobes" approval so much so you scour the internet for junk science. *points and laughs* Say hi to Anne Heche and all the rest of the turned lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 41601/19/2011

How about those Steelers?

by Anonymousreply 41701/19/2011

R416 , Sadly for you "ignorance is NOT bliss" it is just "ignorance". Trying to communicate intelligently with someone like you is like "casting pearls before swine". %0D %0D Based upon your reply, I strongly suggest that you take "remedial reading comprehension". %0D %0D You might also want to get your facts "straight" about Anne Heche. %0D %0D Finally I will quote another poster:%0D %0D [quote]Get your ignorant, homophobic ass off this thread and off this board.%0D

by Anonymousreply 41801/19/2011

Only after you suck my cock r418 and you know you want to!

by Anonymousreply 41901/19/2011

R419 , As a lesbian I have absolutely no desire to "suck your cock". %0D %0D Since you are hanging around so much on DL, why don't you just accept your own repressed homosexual feelings and ask a gay man to suck your cock. %0D %0D Gay men really like cock and they really know what they are doing, too. My gay male friends have told me that there is nothing on earth like the total sexual satisfaction they get from the skillful cocksucking of an erotic "expert".

by Anonymousreply 42001/19/2011

Sigh. Can we get back to spreading unsubstantiated rumours about what Chely's girlfriend did at Dinah that was so embarassing she's failed to tell Chely about it now?

by Anonymousreply 42101/19/2011

R421 You are AWESOME! Yes, I too would like to know what Lauren did at the Dinah that was so scandalous that she can't even admit to her girlfriend that she was there. She must've gotten wasted and put her whore hat on for the weekend. Come on people, some body knows what Chely's girlfriend did. Let's do the right thing and give Chely all of the information about her girlfriend before this little affair of theirs goes any further. I read on a thread months ago that Lauren has a history of being loose. Looks like she's got a closet full of old skeletons.

by Anonymousreply 42201/20/2011

LB was dating AR in 2007 wasn't she? Was AR at the 2007 Dinah? If anyone knows what LB did or did not do at the Dinah surely AR, Sarah Warn and the other Afterellen ladies would have at least a clue. %0D

by Anonymousreply 42301/20/2011

I am going to be charitable and say that it appears Chely simply assumed LB had not been to the Dinah when she answered those questions. I suspect that LB simply did not mention to Chely that she went to the 2007 Dinah on a working trip with the Afterellen crew. I understand Sarah Warn canned LB so maybe LB doesn't want to even think about, much less mention, anything associated with Sarah warn and Afterellen. %0D

by Anonymousreply 42401/20/2011

Here's your proof ladies....%0D LB was indeed at the Dinah in 2007. filmed 4 episodes of the "She Said What?" online talk show series at the Dinah. In the beginning of this video Sarah Warn says "we are here coming to you from Dinah..." and there is LB on the left.

by Anonymousreply 42501/21/2011

Unlike the SheWired and Dinah interviews mentioned earlier on this thread, in the Jan 10, 2011 interview on AfterEllen Chely was, of course, "interestingly" not asked if her girlfriend had ever been to the Dinah.%0D %0D Surely the "senior writer" at AfterEllen knows Chely is seeing LB and she almost certainly knows LB used to contribute to AfterEllen on "She Said What?". %0D %0D On page 3 of the interview (link below), "senior writer" Dara Nai and Chely discuss the "girlfriend":%0D %0D AE: Who's your girlfriend? %0D CW: Well, she's not a celebrity. She's a businesswoman, here in New York. %0D %0D AE: Good thinking. %0D CW: [laughs] ....%0D %0D No, LB is not an of-the-moment "celebrity", but she did write a book and she did say "We Are At The Dinah" at the beginning of Episode 13 of "She Said What?". There also used to be a fansite for LB.%0D %0D It is apparent that LB does not want too much Chely-related public attention these days. This could reflect concerns about a potential conflict of interest issue with her current "businesswoman" fundraiser job. It could also reflect a desire to avoid hate-mail and negative attention from homophobic ex-Chely fans.

by Anonymousreply 42601/21/2011

Regardless of the rumors (or facts) of her youthful "wild past", I personally really like LB. She is intelligent and she is a very nice person. I still say Chely made a good choice, even if she did not want to mention in 2 separate interviews that LB went to the 2007 Dinah on a "working trip" with the AfterEllen crew.

by Anonymousreply 42701/21/2011

Is anyone going to see Chely tonight at the Birchmere?

by Anonymousreply 42801/21/2011

[quote]LB was dating AR in 2007 wasn't she? Was AR at the 2007 Dinah? If anyone knows what LB did or did not do at the Dinah surely AR, Sarah Warn and the other Afterellen ladies would have at least a clue

Who is AR?

by Anonymousreply 42901/21/2011

AR is Alison Rou, Lauren's last ex. She's been discussed on the DataLounge before. Her level of attractiveness was the topic of discussion and let's just say that she got an overwhelming thumbs down by our panel. Not pretty, very butch, slightly overweight an no Chely Wright for sure. The fact though, is that in 2007, Miss Blitzer was dating another woman from New York. LeeLee Groome. Miss Groome and Lauren had a lengthy relationship which seemed to be rocky, that lasted several years. LeeLee has a child and they still reside in NYC. That's the scoop.

by Anonymousreply 43001/22/2011

This relationship between Chely and Lauren should be coming to an end soon. Mark my word, this won't last. Lauren's been too reckless in her past and those skeletons always find a way of crawling out of the closet. I'm not saying Chely's an angel, I don't know, but I am saying that Lauren is not. Who do we think Chely should date next? Any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 43101/29/2011

That LB-CW relationship looks really nice to me and I remain convinced that it is a positive, deep, long-term thing. There is an obvious chemistry and a sense of profound attachment between those two. When I say "profound attachment" I also mean that it appears to be an important and perhaps even "fated" relationship for both of them. The people involved in such a relationship can sense this aspect of their attachment and it will differ from other relationship experiences.

by Anonymousreply 43201/29/2011

Let's say you are right R431, and CW-LB break up soon, and Chely is single again. Who would she date?%0D %0D None of her past girlfriends were major celebrities, and neither is LB. So her next girlfriend probably would not be a major celebrity either. Chely seemed to be the socially and economically dominant person in her past relationships, so her next girlfriend would probably live more quietly than Chely and earn less than she does.%0D %0D Personally, I would have absolutely no interest in dating Chely (or anyone like her) if I were available. I say this even though I like her. Chely, like most celebrities, is someone I prefer to appreciate at a distance. I am sure a lot of other people feel the same way. %0D %0D So R431, unless you are a major celebrity, and unless you earn more than she does, you might have a shot. Would you date Chely?

by Anonymousreply 43301/29/2011

I just realized that a friend of my girlfriends is friends with that other Lauren, and it is a small lesbian world. I know a lot of "sort of" lesbian celebrities or their exes, or friends.. is our world REALLY that small? yikes.

by Anonymousreply 43401/29/2011

R434, spill it. How do you know Lauren. Let's map it out.

And R433, why wouldn't you date Chely?

by Anonymousreply 43501/29/2011

I already mentioned that I prefer to appreciate someone like Chely from a distance. I would not date a celebrity because everything and everyone revolves around them. There appears to be a certain lack of equal give and take in such relationships. I would prefer to be on equal footing with my partner. I do not like the idea of one-sided dominance in a relationship.%0D %0D So even though I think Chely is a fine entertainer, a fine speaker, a good advocate for LGBT, and a generally well-meaning all-around good person, to me she simply is not date material. %0D %0D Also, R435, I already asked if you would date Chely, so I'll ask again. Would you date Chely? Why? Please give details.%0D

by Anonymousreply 43601/29/2011

R436 You wrote: "So even though I think Chely is a fine entertainer, a fine speaker, a good advocate for LGBT, and a generally well-meaning all-around good person, to me she simply is not date material."

You're funny. You write the nice things you recognize consistently in Chely (that we all think we've identified in Chely's 15 year career) and say she's a "generally well-meaning %E2%80%93all around good person", yet you maintain that she "simply is not date material".

That's really strange. Do you think she smells? Do you think that all celebrities are "all about themselves"? She seems pretty down to earth to me. I'd date her in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 43701/29/2011

[quote]Do you think she smells?%0D %0D R437, I am absolutely certain that Ms. Wright smells really, really good. %0D %0D I still would not date her under any circumstances. %0D %0D Of course, that means less competition for you to deal with in the (unlikely?) event Chely finds herself single soon. %0D %0D You can have her heart, her soul and her panties and I'll take her next album and a local live show on my anniversary. Deal?%0D

by Anonymousreply 43801/29/2011

LOL! Deal.

by Anonymousreply 43901/29/2011

Ya'll need to trolldar R437. She knows her, she doesn't know her, she's in the business, she's a college student - SHE'S CRAZY.%0D %0D @R65%0D [quote]I don't know Chely well, I met her a few times on Music Row, %0D %0D @R132 %0D [quote]And no, I don't work for her and am not in any way in her camp. I've never even met her. %0D %0D @R122%0D [quote]You sound unbalanced and unreasonably angry with Chely and quite jealous. Chely's comment on the Olivia Cruise was refreshing. I was there. She was basically being worshiped by thousands of lesbians and it was cute%0D @R202%0D [quote]I met Chely 5 years ago at a Wal-Mart instore and she spent so much time with me, my girlfriend and our two kids. She was very nice and stayed nearly 2 hours longer than she was scheduled. Never took a break and treated the last person like they were the first in line. No, I don't work for her. No, I'm not in her fan club.%0D %0D @272%0D [quote]I just wanted to report a Chely/Lauren sighting in Brooklyn on Christmas day. They were at a grocery store in Park Slope. Very cute. Kissing over their basket at one point. Nothing inappropriate, just a little smooch. Really sweet. I almost approached Chely to tell her how much I love her CD and her book, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me.%0D %0D @344%0D [quote]Just wanted to share that Chely spoke to me at a book signing she did in San Diego. She didn't say anything specifically profound, but she did look me in the eye and give me about 5 minutes of her time and seemed genuinely interested in me. I told her that I am gay and that I'm not out to anyone, even in college. She was nice and asked me what I was studying.%0D %0D Does anyone find this poster odd?%0D %0D @R437 %0D [quote]You're funny. You write the nice things you recognize consistently in Chely (that we all think we've identified in Chely's 15 year career) and say she's a "generally well-meaning "all around good person", yet you maintain that she "simply is not date material".%0D %0D ANSWER: No she's not date material. I don't need to be dating women who have crazed stalkers like you:%0D %0D [quote]Let's do the right thing and give Chely all of the information about her girlfriend before this little affair of theirs goes any further.

by Anonymousreply 44001/29/2011

Good interview with Chely by Michael Musto in Village Voice.

She's playing the Dinah.

by Anonymousreply 44101/29/2011

I see what you mean, R440. %0D %0D I also noticed that this thread dropped off the 600 topic threadlist search, this past week, but R431/R437 recusitated it on 1-29. %0D %0D In addition to the inconsistencies you detailed R440, I ran trolldar and noticed a dramatic positive to negative attitude change toward LB.%0D %0D R53%0D %0D [quote] I was at Irving Plaza for the Indigo Girls show with Chely Wright and Shawn Mullins last week in New York City. The show was amazing. Chely was hanging in the VIP area with her girlfriend Lauren and all of their friends. Chely and Lauren looked really happy. Laughing and holding hands and mingling with all of the friends. I must say that they are a great looking lesbian couple.%0D %0D R272%0D %0D [quote] I just wanted to report a Chely/Lauren sighting in Brooklyn on Christmas day. They were at a grocery store in Park Slope. Very cute. Kissing over their basket at one point. Nothing inappropriate, just a little smooch. Really sweet. I almost approached Chely to tell her how much I love her CD and her book, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me%0D %0D R344%0D %0D [quote] Just wanted to share that Chely spoke to me at a book signing she did in San Diego. She didn't say anything specifically profound,....Anyway, I just read a lot of negative things on here and I wanted to share with you all that I am a young gay Christian college student%0D %0D R381%0D %0D [quote] Could it be that Chely just assumed that Lauren hadn't attended the Dinah before because it's not really Lauren's type of scene? So what people? This is a weird thing to get hung up on.%0D %0D R422%0D %0D [quote] Yes, I too would like to know what Lauren did at the Dinah that was so scandalous that she can't even admit to her girlfriend that she was there. She must've gotten wasted and put her whore hat on for the weekend. Come on people, some body knows what Chely's girlfriend did. Let's do the right thing and give Chely all of the information about her girlfriend before this little affair of theirs goes any further. %0D %0D R431%0D %0D [quote] This relationship between Chely and Lauren should be coming to an end soon. Mark my word, this won't last%0D %0D Okay R437, all of the above, in addition to R440 's examples, was posted from the same computer. Please explain yourself R437. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 44201/30/2011

What raised my brow to trolldar her was this:%0D %0D [quote][R434], spill it. How do you know Lauren. Let's map it out.%0D %0D Let's map it out? WTF. Does she honestly expect someone to expose their girlfriend or girlfriend's friend info on datalounge? %0D %0D This poster is a stalker. %0D %0D Tread lightly.

by Anonymousreply 44301/30/2011

This gets even more bizarre, she's traced back to old Detectives thread part 4. The majority of these Chely threads have been fabricated stories from a delusional fangirl. Have at it! %0D %0D @R121%0D [quote]They're girlfriends, Chely and Lauren. I have an inside source. They're a HOTTTTT couple.%0D %0D @R129%0D [quote]They're just friends, believe me. Lauren is pretty, but not Chely's type.%0D %0D @R134%0D [quote]So happy to see that Chely is finding love. She deserves it! And it is true that she and Lauren sort of look alike.%0D %0D @R146%0D [quote]my best friend works at Starbuck's in Brooklyn and she says that Chely and Lauren are there together almost every day. And they're very affectionate. Holding hands, kisses, etc.%0D %0D @R149 having a meltdown%0D [quote]You wouldn't know who Chely Wright was if she bit you? BULLSHIT! You're on a Chely Wright thread on DataLounge. She's been on Oprah Winfrey, Ellen Degeneres, CNN, MSNBC, People Magazine, The Advocate, this list goes on and on. You're clearly a follower of some things LGBT and Chely's story was the biggest LGBT story of 2010 and you're claiming that you wouldn't know her if she bit you? She's breaking stereotypes left and right in the gay community and she certainly doesn't just blend in with every other out lesbian. You know who she is. Don't be coy%0D %0D meltdown continues @R155...%0D [quote]I am not a country fan at all, but I'm just saying, I think it's funny when people pretend like, "oh, who is Chely Wright". She just happens to be one of the most important public gays of our time%0D %0D @R225%0D [quote]Chely and Lauren are just Twitter friends. I knew it!%0D %0D @R338%0D [quote]Chely, call me%0D %0D @433%0D [quote]Lauren Blitzer (Chely's new fling) gets around, if you know what I mean. She has a pattern of dating older women in the industry. She is a starfucker if there ever was one.%0D %0D @R443%0D [quote]I happen to know the inside track on Alison and Lauren's relationship and Lauren gave no indication to Alison that she wasn't happy. Strung her along and broke her heart. She's cold.%0D %0D @464%0D [quote]Maybe Lauren carries herself a little butch, but she's pretty, for sure. She and Chely are a good match. ....Hope it works out. They're cute.%0D %0D @R496%0D [quote]I attended the Black Tie Dinner in Dallas over the weekend. It is a fancy affair. Chely was given the final award of the evening. She mentioned her girlfriend Lauren in her acceptance speech. Chely and Lauren were seen all weekend holding hands and looking really happy and in love. It was nice to see a beautiful lesbian couple, happy and representing our community so well. Good for them.%0D %0D @R549 --- she's also noted that she is in religious college and in the closet in future posts%0D [quote]why don't you come out? why don't you look those sob's right in the eye and tell them you're a lesbian? do you think you might lose your job?%0D %0D @575%0D [quote]I happen to know CAM (not good friends, but we run in the same circles in Nashville) .....And in case you're wondering, no, Chely and I are not friends. I am just someone on the inside who knows more than most and this is how I see it.%0D %0D @598%0D [quote]I my boyfriend works for Chely's law firm and as it turned out, Chely had legal ground to sue the newspaper who published all of those false allegations....It was a very confusing situation and we who are "in the know" about it have always respected Chely for taking the high road %0D %0D @599%0D [quote]Some of us are Nashville, Music Row types and if you read her book you can clearly tell who might have a reason to go on to message boards and do their best to trash her......Many of us on Music Row are cheering her on.%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 44401/30/2011

What is music row?

by Anonymousreply 44501/30/2011

This is funny

"Terri Clark is the biggest lesbian around and she's gotten married at least twice to cover it up. She's a phony and she's extremely jealous of the attention that Chely got for coming out"

Then she talks to self "This is a Chely Wright thread, stop talking about that man Terri Clark"

by Anonymousreply 44601/30/2011

That's pretty creepy. Sybil is the reason why don't believe there are any real insiders on DL or lanon/lchat.

by Anonymousreply 44701/30/2011

Who is sybil?

by Anonymousreply 44801/30/2011

r448 my allusion to Sally Field's "Sybil."

by Anonymousreply 44901/30/2011

lol, the film sybil. got it.

by Anonymousreply 45001/30/2011

She's also R441.%0D %0D She references Dinah Shore as 'the dinah' in previous posts. %0D %0D Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 45101/30/2011

R347 is psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 45201/30/2011

Okay, this is getting good. I can't wait to cozy up later on, and read this thread. Good rainy day material. Now, any more real info on Terri Clark? I love her music and find her sexy as hell, but it's embarrassing how closeted she is. Is she friends with CW?

by Anonymousreply 45301/30/2011

R444 , I am sorry you have the flu, but I am glad you spent your "bored time" running trolldar on this thread. %0D %0D A number of other earlier posters thought something was getting fishy about this thread, and of course they were run off the board.%0D %0D I am inclined to agree in a certain qualified way with R446 who said: %0D %0D [quote]IT'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!%0D %0D I do not think this is personally directed by Chely, but CLM, a social media marketing professional at F*****pe might have something to do with this. At the very least, surely CLM knows something about this "amazing", very well-travelled, many-opinioned poster. CLM is a fan, and stated she is working for Chely for free. I guess you get what you pay for, because either this poster is schizophrenic or she is posting to generate interest, content and direction on a thread that might have otherwise died (most recently last week) from lack of posts. %0D %0D It is also possible that other "helpful" Chely fans or Chely Peeps are involved. %0D %0D It is interesting that the poster in question (last post R439) has now gone silent.

by Anonymousreply 45401/30/2011

LOL, someone over on LB's Twitter got bold and brought up those "She Said What" videos. LB said "How embarassing for me!!! That seems like decades ago" %0D %0D Dang, LB sure was a mighty cute twenty-something in those vids. No need for shame as far as I am concerned. I can accept that LB is a more serious-minded more grown-up "business" lady now and I do understand how she feels, but she is still mighty darn cute. Chely is a very lucky lady. And so is LB.

by Anonymousreply 45501/30/2011

[quote]It is interesting that the poster in question (last post [R439]) has now gone silent.%0D %0D Nope. She's back at R455. %0D %0D Same writing style.%0D %0D R455, you are truly insane.

by Anonymousreply 45601/30/2011

Gossip, Speculation and Rumor:%0D %0D LB likes children and this is not a rumor. %0D %0D According to her Tweets, LB's life changed "forever" around Christmas.%0D %0D At the same time, Chely did a Christmas video with a lot of little children...slightly odd. %0D %0D What does a young, child loving, Jewish Lesbian woman in love with an older Christian Lesbian Country singer do with a turkey baster at Christmas?%0D %0D Baste a turkey? %0D %0D No.%0D %0D Put a bun in the oven? %0D %0D Yes.%0D %0D Is LB pregnant? %0D %0D Maybe, and this IS a rumor....%0D %0D Check back in September.

by Anonymousreply 45701/30/2011

I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 45801/30/2011

Trolldar R143.........%0D %0D This entire thread is full of shit. Is it all coming from fanscape? How fucking stupid. They don't know what trolldar is and they keep on going.

by Anonymousreply 45901/30/2011

R457!! I hope you're right! They would be amazing parents!!!

by Anonymousreply 46001/31/2011

R457 Didn't her "life change forever" because they moved in together?

by Anonymousreply 46101/31/2011

Where is everyone??

by Anonymousreply 46302/21/2011

Chely and Lauren were spotted together this weekend in Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 46402/22/2011

looks like Lauren isn't working at GLSEN anymore and is now at Faith in America, a non-profit that Chely is associated with.

by Anonymousreply 46503/06/2011

Chely Wright performed at the Pride Fest in Fort Lauderdale earlier this month. What a step down from playing the Grand Ole Opry!

by Anonymousreply 46603/30/2011

And this week she's playing the Dinah!

by Anonymousreply 46703/30/2011

And it appears she's happier than ever. And pathetically in love with Lauren, as Lauren is with her.

by Anonymousreply 46803/31/2011

To all the people that said they wouldn't last, guess what? An inside source has said they are recently engaged and have plans on getting married in a few months. This is not a rumor. It is true and planning has already begun.

Chely did say in an interview that she has something 'special' planned for the Dinah. Maybe announcing she is engaged is the surprise. Anyone going to the Dinah? Ask her.

by Anonymousreply 46903/31/2011

Thanks, r469.

by Anonymousreply 47003/31/2011

I'll admit it. I'm so jealous of Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 47104/01/2011

Thank goodness Chely left Nashville. The comment made at the ACM awards proves just that. I live in Nashville and I'm amongst the most narrow-minded people you could ever imagine.

by Anonymousreply 47304/04/2011

To hell with Chely Its all about Wynonna

by Anonymousreply 47404/04/2011

Well,it's official and everywhere.%0D They're getting married in August in CT.

by Anonymousreply 47504/06/2011

Saw Chely and Lauren at Vinegar Hill House having dinner (Brooklyn) tonight. They were more then happy to say hello and chat for a while. Both very attractive, do question there, also, very engaging to speak with. Oh, and there rings... BEAUTIFUL !!

by Anonymousreply 47605/15/2011

R476 - You interupted their dinner?

by Anonymousreply 47705/16/2011

there is a woman named carol schilling pastor on facebook who has great wedding pics, that are public.

by Anonymousreply 47809/05/2011

Can someone start a Kenny Chesney thread? Now there's some good gossip!

by Anonymousreply 47909/14/2011

did someone post here that Terri Clark was Jealous of the attention Chely got for coming out ? How would anyone know that ?...I didn't hear Terri say one negative thing about it and someone here is assuming too much i think. Frankly, lot's of Lesbians have slept with men, I don't think thats the reason Terri isn't coming out....perhaps it is because she still has an active career in Canada, tours the US, and is a Grand Old Opry member, and she is protecting all of it ? Chely had nothing much going on .

by Anonymousreply 48110/14/2011

When is the documentary film on her coming out on DVD?

by Anonymousreply 48310/24/2011

by Anonymousreply 48410/24/2011

What else is new on Chely?

by Anonymousreply 48510/26/2011

Chely's busy defining what gay is to the world according to her own definition. She's no Harvey Milk.

by Anonymousreply 48610/28/2011

I agree with you, r486.

by Anonymousreply 48710/28/2011

Has anyone noticed that the Chely Wright thread on L Chat is gone? There were some pretty nasty photoshopped pics that got posted and I wonder if that is the reason the thread got deleted. Actually, this tread looks pretty dead also.

by Anonymousreply 48812/15/2011

488 this thread is a farce. Filled with one PR poster who writes all kinds of fake stories. Trolldar this thread you'll see. It's proven a fake.

LChat got some problems at the momento. Doubt they can pull it together with new threads. The legendary ones are gone. I think it's dunzo now.

by Anonymousreply 48912/15/2011

I still want to know which one is the top, Chely or Lauren? Come on, one of them is the "boy"...

by Anonymousreply 49001/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 49201/07/2012

Oh please 492, what are you, a baptist?

by Anonymousreply 49301/07/2012

Ha R493, I thought the same thing. I'm an extremely feminine girly girl and so is my wife. Yes, we take turns. There is no "boy" in our relationship.

Btw, I think Chely and Lauren are adorable. And I appreciate the work they do for our community. They're perfect role mdels.

by Anonymousreply 49401/07/2012

Chely is a class act. I'm thrilled for her. It's about time she finds happiness.

by Anonymousreply 49501/07/2012

I don't like her as much as I used to. She and Lauren are great, good looking and lovely role models but Chely is IMO getting a bit presumptuous in her "role" as gay activist.

Don't go slagging other people off for coming out late (or not the "right" way), especially not if it took you 40 years yourself to come out. Not everyone is like you, Chely.

by Anonymousreply 49601/07/2012

I totally agree with 495. Chely is classy, struggled a LONG time with her sexuality thanks to our f***ed up society and it's wonderful to see her so happy. She deserves every bit of happiness she has found. Rock on girls! BTW Chely is very clear that everyone is on their own journey; she does not point the finger at anyone for how they're coming out - or not. I was fortunate enough to spend a good amount of time with her last year, and this message came through loud and clear.

by Anonymousreply 49701/07/2012

You're certainly entitled to your opinion R496 but I disagree with you. Chely is very clear to "come out when it's your time." And I'm appreciative of her gay activism. She represents us well. But again R496, I respect your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 49801/07/2012

I suspect one will come back pregnant from their honeymoon. But which one...Chely or Lauren?

by Anonymousreply 49901/07/2012

@R499 Hmmmm, Chely is 41 so she may not want to waste time. However, Chely travels a lot. Lauren works from home so it would make sense for her to have the baby.

by Anonymousreply 50001/07/2012

My list of lesbian crushes:

1) Chely Wright 2) Jessica Clark 3) Portia 4) Amber Heard

by Anonymousreply 50101/07/2012

They're all beautiful women. But you're still straight R501. Because I even have crushes on these women.

by Anonymousreply 50201/07/2012

Who is Jessica Clark?

by Anonymousreply 50301/07/2012

Jessica Clark is a model.

by Anonymousreply 50401/07/2012

Wow! I just googled Jessica Clark. She looks like Matthew McConaughey's girlfried but Jessica's prettier.

by Anonymousreply 50501/07/2012

Someone needs to start a thread about Jessica!

by Anonymousreply 50601/07/2012

Jessica Clark and her wife:

They also did a vlog together (I think on AE)

[quote]Someone needs to start a thread about Jessica!

Here on DL? Ha ha

by Anonymousreply 50701/07/2012

R496 That couldn't be further from the truth about Chely.

by Anonymousreply 50801/08/2012

Chely Wright is hot. More gossip.

by Anonymousreply 50906/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 51111/23/2012

Chely is enjoying motherhood right now.

by Anonymousreply 51207/21/2013

It is too bad that Chely Wright's career didn't get a boost for coming out of the closet. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 51309/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!