Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Whatever happened to Liv Tyler?

She used to look like she was going to be a big star. Now she's all but vanished. Was it a mistake for her to play an elf?

by Anonymousreply 10102/13/2015

She has no talent and her looks have faded. That's what happened.

by Anonymousreply 110/18/2010

Nice lady. Decent model. Beautiful face. Recurring issues with weight. And frankly, not much of an actress.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 210/18/2010

Had a family, lost interest in acting.

by Anonymousreply 310/18/2010

& Gweneth Paltrow is still working.

by Anonymousreply 410/18/2010

I actually think she got the most out of her decent (some would say beautiful) looks and limited acting ability. She had her 15 minutes, she accepted it, had a family, and isn't trying desperately to stay in the limelight by doing some stupid reality show or something. And, she could easily do that since she's "The Daughter of Aerosmith Frontman Steven Tyler."

Few have long, consistent careers in the spotlight. She seems content with what she got.

by Anonymousreply 510/18/2010

I thought "has gained quite a bit of weight" was going to be one of those DL sort of things in which she's looks normal rather than deathly thin, but looking at recent pictures, she really has become a fatty.

At the link is a recent picture. She's the one on the right (in blue).

by Anonymousreply 710/18/2010

is her mother (bebe buell) really nuts?

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2010

Actually she is still working, but seems to be in indies now. One picked up for distribution, another in post-production. Could it be that she doesn't get the offers because she is disinclined to enter into showmances like Reese, Renee, etc?

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2010

What's the stories behind when Bebe used to stalk Elvis Costello?

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2010

I like Liv.

by Anonymousreply 1110/20/2010

Agreed with R2--it was a lack of talent that did her in. She only had a career due to nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 1210/20/2010

She's a simpering, talentless idiot. And her mother is delusional and sociopathic, thinks she can sing and still is trying to make it in music biz when she has zero talent. Her book is embarrassing but a fun read.

by Anonymousreply 1310/20/2010

I don't miss her. Hated her in everything, especially Armageddon. Oh God, what nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 1410/20/2010

R7, you seriously think she's fat in that photo?

by Anonymousreply 1510/20/2010

r15- Reading comprehension, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1610/20/2010

She was so sexy in this video.

by Anonymousreply 1710/20/2010

If I were younger and single she would have been my ideal mate. Beautiful, fun, witty, quirky and she can cook. What more does a fella need; and she looks like a younger version of my wife.

by Anonymousreply 1804/08/2012

Several DL posters have claimed she is borderline-retarded.

by Anonymousreply 1904/08/2012

In Hollywood and DL she's fat. In the real world she's completely normal weight.

by Anonymousreply 2004/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 2104/08/2012

R10 she (i'm not going to type her name for reasons that anyone who has seen her behavior on any i'net board could tell you about) thought that Elvis Costello was sending her secret messages within his songs. Messages that only she could see or understand. messages that basicly said he was still in love with her. Seriously nuts. She is a horror when ever she shows up on any board. She caused a awsome groupie board to shut down in big part because of her rants. she's kinda like the candyman, write her name online too many times and she shows up

by Anonymousreply 2204/08/2012

Given her parentage, Liv seems to have turned out okay. She loves her kids and she's not psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 2304/08/2012

One of my friends spent some time with her during LOTR time. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed but very sweet apparently. He said she was incredibly stunning.

by Anonymousreply 2404/08/2012

Whoops, bad link!

by Anonymousreply 2504/08/2012

R19tLiv Tyler is profoundly dyslexic and has ADHD. Her mother is batshit in that she tried to convince Todd Rundgren that he was Liv's father. However, Todd Rundgren is a proper gentleman in that he paid for specialized supplemental tutoring for Liv when she was a child. ADHD and being profoundly dyslexic is not the same as any intellectual disability at all.

by Anonymousreply 2604/08/2012

I thought she only had one kid?

by Anonymousreply 2704/08/2012

R22 has BB down perfect. Rather entertaining at first, then just scary. Glad her daughter turned out well coming from that craziness.

by Anonymousreply 2904/08/2012

Didn't she leave her husband because she got tired of paying the bills alone?

by Anonymousreply 3004/08/2012

I liked her in Inventing the Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 3104/08/2012

I have only ever seen her in one shampoo ad. In that she talks very slowly and distractedly in a slightly infantile voice. She comes across as mildly retarded.

by Anonymousreply 3204/09/2012

She looks mildly retarded. Something around her eyes and mouth.

by Anonymousreply 3304/09/2012

Whats the last film she was in? jersey girl? Actually dont mind her. Cant stand her famewhore ugly ass father.

by Anonymousreply 3404/09/2012

Pretty much talentless but I always thought she was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3504/09/2012

Liv: Not the best actress in the world, but very nice and level-headed.

About Bebe Buell and Elvis Costello: it's a decade or so since I read Buell's autobiography so I'm paraphrasing, but she was apparently convinced Costello was sending her love messages through his songs, years after they'd broken up and he'd married someone else. And it was obvious at the time of writing that she still believed it. I think there was some stalking involved too.

Bebe Buell used to post on the old Groupie Central board in the late 90s/early 00s. She was going through a divorce at the time - she was married to some deadbeat Z-list rocker who was later briefly married a television actress whom he stalked and beat up. The soon-to-be-ex hubby would show up on the boards to pick fights with Buell. Their fights were all over the boards. It's probably on the Wayback Machine somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3604/09/2012

At least when her father dies in five years she'll be really rich, right?

by Anonymousreply 3704/09/2012

Not if her fathers new young wife has anything to do with it, r37.

by Anonymousreply 3804/09/2012

"isn't trying desperately to stay in the limelight by doing some stupid reality show or something"

Or, god help us all, a website and cookbook.

by Anonymousreply 3904/09/2012

She's regularly on TV in the UK, doing Head & Shoulders adverts. It's not quite feminine hygiene products, but it helps towards the mortgage.

by Anonymousreply 4004/09/2012

Completely satisfactory in LOTR.

by Anonymousreply 4104/09/2012

Super pretty.

I thought she was good in LOTR's, and decent in The Strangers.

by Anonymousreply 4204/09/2012

I never got her appeal. Always felt kind of uncomfortable when watching her act, she came across as specially needs and seemed so vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 4304/09/2012

Thanks R35.

by Anonymousreply 4404/09/2012

Always thought she was gorgeous, and seems like a sweet woman, but I'm not surprised she's had the career she's had. A lack of raw talent combined with a lack of ambition will get you where she's gotten.

by Anonymousreply 4508/23/2012

She seems sweet and kind as a person. She has played in a number of really good movies. She doesn't have to be always an actress and she doesn't have to prove herself all the time when it comes to acting. She is not the nerdy and greedy type of the highly professional actress. She is not a machine and she has proved that she is a very special actress. She certainly has her type.

by Anonymousreply 4611/19/2012

Somewhat off topic, but I am so glad that Steven Tyler and that dreadful younger woman broke up.

by Anonymousreply 4711/19/2012

I read an interview with Liv Tyler not long after the LOTR movies had come out. She was told that she needed to lose weight or risk losing roles.

I don't know if she would have had a huge career if she had lost the weight, but by refusing to diet she very likely lost major opportunities that went to other slimmer actresses.

Speaking of weight loss, there's a Daily Beast piece on how all the actresses on Modern Family have lost weight since the show became a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 4811/19/2012

Seems likeable and is still attractive. Was beautiful in her 20s, which probably influenced how she got roles.

Since this is a gossip board (ahem) does anyone know about her romantic life? She's single since she split from the english rocker. There was a blind item not long ago about a late night host who had a particular actress on his show specifically so he could sleep with her - the guesses were Jimmy Fallon and Liv.

by Anonymousreply 4911/19/2012

OMG I hate myself but I like the Bebe song called "Devil" and am kind of memorized by the video. I think she's hot

by Anonymousreply 5011/19/2012

R48 - Liv has the body type and face that carries weight well.

by Anonymousreply 5211/19/2012

She went the way of Lilly Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 5311/19/2012

Lili Taylor and Liv are very different.

by Anonymousreply 5411/19/2012

Good grief r50, that video is horrible and she can't sing for shit.

BeBe looks ok for a 50 something yr old woman. Did she have any other children besides Liv?

by Anonymousreply 5511/19/2012

"Want to work? Lose enough weight so we can see your bones, and only then can you play Jim Belushi's wife."

by Anonymousreply 5611/20/2012

Is her sister Mia still working?

by Anonymousreply 5711/24/2012

Where is that quote from R56?

by Anonymousreply 5811/24/2012

I think it's original to R56

by Anonymousreply 5911/24/2012

This year she played Frank Langella's daughter in "Robot and Frank." Not the most high profile role but she got to act with Langella and Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 6011/24/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6111/24/2012

More proof that your surname will only get you so far.

by Anonymousreply 6211/24/2012

R62 - you shouldn't include Colin Hanks in that list. He was really good as a young priest in a season of Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 6311/24/2012

she was lovely in Onegin, and One night at McCools was pretty funny. nice looking woman, seen and heard a lot worse on the silver screen.

by Anonymousreply 6411/24/2012

Did you listen to the new Aerosmith album? I bet Liv did! Lol.

by Anonymousreply 6511/24/2012

R61 is drunk. Again.

by Anonymousreply 6611/24/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6711/27/2012

Oh no. Is SickEvilFuck actually Brandon?

by Anonymousreply 6811/28/2012

Colin Hanks can't act for shit and is painful to look at.

by Anonymousreply 6911/28/2012

She does look a bit retarded in R17's video at the 1:48-49 mark.

by Anonymousreply 7011/28/2012

Overachiever. I always thought she did pretty well for herself given her average talent. So, instead of wondering why she's not doing much these days, I am amazed she accomplished what she did.

She seems fairly level headed and doesn't seem to be sweating her expected and natural decline.

by Anonymousreply 7111/28/2012

At the David Lynch Foundation

by Anonymousreply 7201/03/2013

What ever happened to Lilly Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 7301/10/2013

Lili Taylor has a new show coming out, R73

by Anonymousreply 7401/10/2013

She still lives in my neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 7501/10/2013

Faded looks

by Anonymousreply 7606/27/2013

She always had 'tard looks to me but the pr & the media always TOLD US that she was gorgeous. She wasn't. I remember thinking Mia Tyler, plus size and all was better looking & not 'tard faced but IDK, googling images of Mia Tyler and I still see tard face now.

by Anonymousreply 7706/27/2013

She looks good to me, r76.

by Anonymousreply 7806/27/2013

I remember when she was at the Oscars for Lord of the Rings - and she looked stunning, but that was ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7906/27/2013

"About Bebe Buell and Elvis Costello: it's a decade or so since I read Buell's autobiography so I'm paraphrasing, but she was apparently convinced Costello was sending her love messages through his songs, years after they'd broken up and he'd married someone else."

This was an old response in this thread, but I'd hardly call what Costello and Bebe had a relationship! She was a groupie and latched on to him for a few months while he was on tour. IIRC, while fucking around with Bebe, Costello was still married to his first wife at the time.

There's a photo of Costello walking so fast, Bebe looks as if she's running after him. Guess he realized his big mistake! Bebe was a super famous groupie perhaps Costello wanted to see what all the hoopla was about!

Costello did marry the female bassist from The Pogues, Cat something and his current, third, wife is jazz singer/pianist Diana Krall.

Rumor has it Costello is hung!

by Anonymousreply 8006/27/2013

Unless you're into the whole anorexic/bulemic thing, it must be absolute torture to have to starve yourself the way professional beauties do now. No wonder so many of them bulk up once they're out of the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 8106/27/2013

Liv wasn't thin (by Hollywood standards) for most of her career. And thin doesn't look that great on Liv.

by Anonymousreply 8206/27/2013

Liv Tyler brought the beauty on Wednesday to a New York City fundraiser to help feed poor children in South Africa.

The 36-year-old actress served as a co-chair of The Lunchbox Fund fall fête held at the Buddakan restaurant.

Liv was in full autumn mode at the fundraiser that featured artwork by Michael Stipe, Lou Reed, Shepard Fairey and Alan Cumming among others.

by Anonymousreply 8310/10/2013

Bebe Buell's memoir is hilarious. All she does in it is talk about how beautiful she is and how sought after she was during her heyday as "filet mignon to the stars." She never considered herself a groupie; she was just someone that very rich, beautiful, talented people wanted the have around all the time.

According to her memoir Elvis Costello was the great love of her life. She claimed that she was impregnated FOUR times by him, which resulted in three miscarriages (I guess her poor, overworked vagina was not meant for birthing babies) and an abortion. According to her he told her ""Baby, I don't believe in abortion, but I will not help you with the child. I will not be involved with this pregnancy. I will not. You did this on your own."

She also claimed to have spoken with Costello's then wife Mary. She said that Mary Costello pleaded with her to have an abortion and stay away from Elvis; "I have money here in the safe in the house. I'll give you money to stay away from my husband. His soul cannot rest; you are haunting it. He speaks your name when he sleeps. I'm at the end of my rope." She said that Mary Costello urged her to have an abortion, telling her "Elvis has bad genes and I have had deformed fetuses with and I have had miscarriages with babies with seven heads." I find ALL of that hard to believe.

Buell did have the abortion. She says she changed her mind at the last minute as she was laying on the table and screaming "stop!" but the abortionist said it was too late to stop.

Costello eventually dumped her, just like any rock star dumps any groupie. But she's convinced that he regards her as his lost great love, although he won't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 8410/10/2013

By all accounts she's a lovely person.

Which is why I hesitate to point out how dreadfully unflattering that outfit is, but I must! The porportions are terrible, it makes her look like she has the longest torso in the world, and the shortest legs.

by Anonymousreply 8510/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 8608/27/2014

She's got a Hank Hill ass.

by Anonymousreply 8708/27/2014

One of my favorite oboe scenes ever happens to feature her, and IMO she does an OK job.

by Anonymousreply 8808/27/2014

I liked her in the Abbots movie, in TTYD, and in that Tuscany one.

Also, she may be all set and in no need to rush into work. But it has little to do with Daddy Andorra to do with a certain Trilogy...

So Kudos to her

by Anonymousreply 8908/27/2014

Didn't she just announce her retirement?

by Anonymousreply 9008/27/2014

She was really good in Inventing the Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 9108/27/2014

She was being overhyped, and that's why it looked like she was going to be a big star. They tried to make her one. But the truth was she lacked in the looks department. Nepotism was only going to get her so far, then people were going to start noticing she really isn't that great looking or talented.

by Anonymousreply 9208/27/2014

R92 - I think she is beautiful, though not the Hollywood ideal.

by Anonymousreply 9308/27/2014

Really R92? I think Liv is fucking gorgeous, especially when she was younger. She's one of the very few celebrity offspring who could have gotten a modeling contract even without being some rock star's daughter. Those Jagger and Geldof daughters got NOTHIN' on Liv in her prime. As for her acting, well, she aint great, but the majority of her peers aint great either so she's in like company.

by Anonymousreply 9408/27/2014

Because you could pick 100 random names from a phone book and every single one of them would have more acting talent. This vapid, boring, horse-faced bitch has no talent of any kind and won a Razzie for her sniveling, grotesque performance in "Armageddon," the worst Hollywood abomination I have every had the misery of watching. Fuck her and fuck her disfigured-looking, fish-lipped overrated father.

by Anonymousreply 9508/27/2014

R95 - Don't mince words tell us how you really think.

by Anonymousreply 9608/27/2014

Oboe >> movie

Andorra >> And everything

by Anonymousreply 9708/27/2014

[quote]I have money here in the safe in the house. I'll give you money to stay away from my husband. His soul cannot rest; you are haunting it. He speaks your name when he sleeps. I'm at the end of my rope.

Bebe obviously is reader of trashy romance novels like Harlequin.

by Anonymousreply 9808/27/2014

Liv and her boyfriend seem happy. LIV does seem to be glowing and that could be a bump.

by Anonymousreply 9908/28/2014

Many of you act cruel and absurd toward Liv Tyler. If you live your own life well with ethics and creativity, you don't have to get off by saying nasty things about very successful people. she certainly is beautiful and was perfect for Lord of the Rings and other movies. She's always been very elegant and feminine. If she's put on a little weight and is taking care of her family good for her.

by Anonymousreply 10010/09/2014

Liv had a baby boy.

by Anonymousreply 10102/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!