Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Resume Writing Services

My resume sucks. I'm educated and have experience and skills, but I struggle with writing my own resume because I'm too close to it - I struggle with focusing on selling my skills and talents in an objective way. %0D %0D I'd like to hire a resume writing service to get some professional and objective help, but searching for these services via Google turns up a diverse array - some of them seem to be the sort of thing an HR clerk is running out of her kitchen, others seem like they might be legitimate businesses. %0D %0D Have any of you ever used one of these services? What were the results? Do you have any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

waiste of time.

by Anonymousreply 110/15/2010

Use the formatted ones on Word, etc. If not hell I will do it for you. I do them all the time.

by Anonymousreply 210/15/2010

What kind of retard needs to hire someone to write his resume?%0D %0D Jesus fucking Christ!

by Anonymousreply 310/16/2010

I second R2, also Google resumes similar to yours and take some wording from those.

Go to the Microsoft site and download more resume templates, these are the ones that arent used all the time so you will be slightly different.

also dont try to do it in one sitting, it is to frustrating. Try to do it over several weeks.

by Anonymousreply 410/16/2010

JobFox will do a free analysis for you and point out your document's strengths and weaknesses. I had them re-write my resume' and within a month I had a job offer. I'm not a shill - I'm a customer. They'll also give your resume' a tuneup for $50 if you need to update a resume' they wrote for you. You get to speak with your resume' writer, as well as email. They condensed my 3 page doc. down to 1 page. It reads very well and doesn't seem at all "prepared".

by Anonymousreply 510/16/2010

I am filling out an application and I'm not sure how to answer these two questions:

1. This position requires the ability to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions. Explain how you handle these types of situations.

2. How would you describe your ability to create and proofread documents?

My honest answer to question #1 would be that I just deal with it and my honest answer to question to #2 would be that I know how to do both, but I know they're wanting an in-depth "fancy" answer. Does anyone have any suggestions on impressive answers for these questions?

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

R5, for #2 simply write "Excellent".

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!