Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jensen Ackles charges $500 for one minute of his time.

And double the price of what Jared charges for getting a picture taken with his greedy ass. Granted, he may not actually set the price but he certainly agrees to gouging his incredibly stupid desperate fans. And according to these loyal fan fraus, he's never given a penny to charity. Must be a RepubliCUNT teabagger.

by Anonymousreply 10504/27/2015

Jensen charges more because the show is about Dean and Jensen is the star.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2010

If that's true R3, it just goes to show the extremes actors will go to hide the gay, yet have no problem exposing their greedy egotistical ass.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2010

Oh dear. Third thread about them. I had to open it to post my thoughts, so there.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2010

Nice try R3. He's married to a female.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2010

"He's married to a female." Well that settles it then.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2010

I'd pay him $500 for an HOUR... but a minute??%0D

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2010

Why do Jensen and Jared charge so much money to the Supernatural fans? They should be doing things like that for free.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2010

Not free, but they shouldn't be gouging the fans who put them where they are. They are one of many examples of what's wrong with society today, short time thinking and massive profit without thought to anything else but their own desires.%0D %0D In other words, they would do well at Goldman Sachs.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2010

This implies there were 30 people stupid enough to pay $500 to talk to their idol.

That's almost as dumb as paying $250 to spend an evening with the HRC.

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2010

Charging for autographs is evil

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2010

Now, now, let's be fair. It's a private Q&A with a smaller group of people in a room separate from the main convention hall so you get more intimate, one-on-one time (not like that!) with your idol. At least that's what I understand it to be.%0D %0D Jared Padalecki does it. James Marsters (Spike) does it. I'm sure many others do too. These guys have to make their money somehow. Acting is not exactly an iron-clad, you'll-be-in-demand-forever profession. %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2010

R17, Jensen has a regular role on a series that has been on the air for years. I'm guessing he makes at least 65,000 an episode. He doesn't need to charge $500 to his fans just so they can get an autograph.

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2010

And yet you pathetic ghoulish stalkers obsessed fans continue to post threads about this one and his equally snotty and untalented co-star..

You're pathetic. It's too bad there isn't a rash of old frau-ish star-obsessed queens killing themselves.

No one would care.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2010

It's too bad there isn't a rash of cowardly closeted Rand worshiping greedy-assed star queens killing themselves.

No one would care.

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2010

I've never been to a "con" so I can't say if the people who attend are desperately lonely/mentally challenged or not. %0D %0D Going to a con would not be my cup of tea, but neither would attending a NASCAR race or baseball game. To each his own.

by Anonymousreply 2210/10/2010

Yes R23. The $500 is primarily insurance in case one of the many loaded and cocked harpoons should miss a whale who decides to beach herself on Jensen, rendering him lame for life.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2010

So what do we think of R3's claim?

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2010

The tickets to the Meet and Greet Q & A's were sold by auction. The auction is what ultimately chooses the pricing for those special Meet and Greets. %0D %0D The reason it was $500 is because that is what people taking part in the auction were willing to pay. This is the way they are always handled. No one is gouging anyone. People pay that much for tickets to sporting events where all they get to do is sit in the stands, this is no different except you actually get to interact on some small level with the person involved.%0D %0D If people are willing to pay it, so be it, it's worth it to them.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2010

Sports fans are not lonely and desperate. They are normal people who pay to see talented action and the chance to participate in a healthy American activity with other normal Americans. The same goes for paying for tickets to see a play, opera, concert, or any other event where exceptionally talented people perform. Sitting in a room with some guy for 30 mins is bullshit. Anyone who pays $500 to do that is sick in the head and mentally deranged. And any guy who takes that kind of money from people for doing absolutely nothing but sit there and answer stupid questions that he responds to with lies is taking advantage. The bottom line is the fans who pay are desperate idiots who probably sacrificed their children's meals for a month to pay and the ones who take that money, greedy sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2010

[quote]Charging for autographs is evil

No shit!

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2010

I seem to recall it was those same or similar "desperately lonely and mentally challenged" con-goers with some really funny signs and costumes who faced up against those Westboro Church hatemongers who protest outside soldiers' funerals.%0D %0D Leaving Jensen aside for the moment, why are you so judgmental? Normal American behavior is in the eye of the beholder.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2010

Jensen is rumored to be a Republican and Jared a Democrat, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2010

[quote]I've never been to a "con" so I can't say if the people who attend are desperately lonely/mentally challenged or not.

I've never been to one, either, but I can still say without a doubt that anyone who would pay $500 to ask a C-list actor a question and have a photo taken with him is unhinged. (As are most of the fangurls populating all the myriad Jared/Jensen threads on DL, which have become the modern-day version of the Prancing Pony Inn.)

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2010

True actors don't charge people massive amounts of money for an autograph - they are happy to do it for free.

Often they will come outside the theatre and sign autographs before or after a performance. I've met Derek Jacobi, Sian Phillips and Tony Goldwyn in lines at theatres and never been charged for an autograph.

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2010

R32, stage and screen (large or small) are entirely different propositions. A stage star might have a few dozen people waiting after a performance for an autograph. A "con" could have several thousand of an actor's MOST obsessed fans, all clamoring for an autograph; thus, supply must be limited since there's no way to accommodate everyone, and the way it was accommodated in this case was by auctioning off a reasonable number of seats to a Q&A. The fact that tickets to the Q&A/photo op session were auctioned for $500 merely reflects the most basic aspect of supply/demand economics (and offers an interesting commentary on the state of celebrity circa 2010, with grown women getting as worked up over low-rung stars as teen girls were with The Beatles back in the '60s).

by Anonymousreply 3310/11/2010

Jensen is smart enough to see the window closing. He's cashing in while he can.

by Anonymousreply 3410/11/2010

He can teabag me anytime.

by Anonymousreply 3510/11/2010

R30, well then I hope Jensen gets outed if he is gay because not only is he closeted, he is a fucking hypocrite of the worst kind.

If Jared's a democrat and gay, I hope he doesn't get outed.

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2010

I don't know for sure if Jared is a Democrat, but he has made disparaging comments about Bush at Supernatural conventions.

by Anonymousreply 3710/11/2010

What? And Jensen praised Bush? How do you know he's a Republicunt?

by Anonymousreply 3810/11/2010

I'd pay $500 for a 30 minute Q&A with Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 3910/11/2010

"I've met Derek Jacobi, Sian Phillips and Tony Goldwyn in lines at theatres and never been charged for an autograph."%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D Lucky! Derek Jacobi is awesome.%0D

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2010

The convention sets the price. They know they can get more money for Jensen,simple as that. He gets a cut but leaves the details to his management team so as with most actors he's probably not aware how much is being charged for what, he'll just get a nice large cheque when everything's been added up and not think anymore about it.

For what it's worth a convention auctioned off jam sessions where he sang with his buddy Steve and Jensen donated the proceeds to the Red Cross Tornado Relief Fund.

I get that people shouldn't kiss this guys ass the way they do, but he's not the mustache twirling villain some people make him out to be either, lol.

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2012

If that's true, OP, he's making more than the top corporate lawyers in the country.

by Anonymousreply 4305/05/2012

David Tennant sold autographs and photo ops at a "autograph event" last year, but he also signed autographs and posed for pics for free outside the stage door every night for six months (as well as sending them free to anyone who writes), and there were hundreds of fans there every night.

I would never pay for an autograph or to meet a celeb, but I don't judge the celebs for doing it, as long as paying isn't the only way to get an autograph. The celebs who refuse to sign for free under any circumstances, I think that's rude.

by Anonymousreply 4405/05/2012

Damn, I can't imagine how much the actors on True Blood or The Vampire Diaries charge for their "Con" appearances.

by Anonymousreply 4505/05/2012

I agree R20.

There are some really sad, lonely people out there who'd do anything in the world to have the kind of connection with someone that Dean has with Sam and viceversa.

They think if I just meet him/them I'll have that, too.

They won't of course, but hopefully those guys are good with their fans and make the experience as pleasant for the fans as it is profitable for them.

by Anonymousreply 4605/05/2012

OP calls the fans idiots and then cites their authority about Ackles never giving a dime to charity because, after all, they know about these things. And of course taking money naturally means you're a Republican, and a Tea Party lunatic at that. And how in the world Jared's "greedy ass" ever got into this is lost somewhere in the OP's burbling fester pool of hackneyed axe grinding and tired suppositions.

Ass.

by Anonymousreply 4705/05/2012

Why shouldn't he earn money on it? Half the times the 'fans' turn around and sell the autograph on ebay. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 4805/05/2012

[quote]Damn, I can't imagine how much the actors on True Blood or The Vampire Diaries charge for their "Con" appearances.

Most celebs charge $30 for an autographs and $20 for a photo op with your camera at cons. Professional photographers at the event will charge more for a sitting with the celeb. Some more, like Penny Marshall & Cindy Williams did the Big Hollywood Show last week and got $40 a pop. The celebs NOT the cons dictate prices but this Meet & Greet is very rare and hardly done so the event might have set it up.

by Anonymousreply 4905/05/2012

Jensen thinks he's god's gift to the world. If he's not a Republicunt, he should be, because he worships that worthless cunt, Ayn Rand.

by Anonymousreply 5005/05/2012

I think Jensen wants to probe his hot male costars & would do so for free.

by Anonymousreply 5105/05/2012

costars? Who else?

by Anonymousreply 5205/06/2012

Everyone under the sun, according to DL.

by Anonymousreply 5305/06/2012

When Jensen performed in A Few Good Men a while back he did stage door appearances. He signed autographs and took photos with fans. Both actors are also incredibly gracious to the random fans who approach them on the street, signing autographs and posing for photos.

Both actors also donate regularly to various charities and have been active in a number of fund raising endeavors.

Yes Conventions are ridiculously expensive but the prices are set by the organizers.

The guys have had conflicts with organizers before regarding policies and over selling tickets which they felt created an even more hectic and rushed situation for fans than cons usually have.

by Anonymousreply 5407/27/2012

Not true. Jensen is also a great guy and you obviously have nothing better to do since your wasting your time bashing on a guy who is ten times the man you are and will ever be. He and Jared are great guys and you need to get a life and grow up.

by Anonymousreply 5508/05/2012

[quote]Not free, but they shouldn't be gouging the fans who put them where they are. They are one of many examples of what's wrong with society today

Reverse that - the idiots who'd actually pay that much for a minute of his time are the prime examples of what's wrong with society today.

by Anonymousreply 5608/05/2012

Is Jensen a Republican? I'm pretty sure his father is. His father is very conservative and has been involved with pro-life causes in Texas for many years. Jensen's parents also enrolled him in Christian youth camp prior to him coming to Hollywood, although apparently Jensen has become more open-minded since leaving Texas.

by Anonymousreply 5708/05/2012

Charging for autographs is heinous!

by Anonymousreply 5808/05/2012

I don't think Tru Blood or Vampire Diaries have conventions like what the boys do.

Obviously the demand is not there for these other shows.

I'm not aware of the Diaries people going to conventions on the weekends, between shooting episodes of their show.

by Anonymousreply 5908/05/2012

Ever since he got married, all the rumors about Jensen seems die down. quite effective isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 6011/01/2012

He should not be charging anything to meet his fans.

by Anonymousreply 6111/01/2012

R61 Nobody should charges money for meeting fans. But they are too greedy to care.

by Anonymousreply 6211/01/2012

Would love to know if he's had the homosex and if so, with who. Perhaps Smallville buddy Tom Welling?

by Anonymousreply 6311/01/2012

R63 Why tom welling? just coz they know each other? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 6411/02/2012

R64, there were rumours about them in 2004 when Jensen joined Smallville. They're tight. Lots of time at the the golf course & the sauna afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 6511/02/2012

I can't believe there are all these threads about this Republicunt! He is absolutely a Republican AND a Bible thumper!

On another thread about him, one that calls him a homophobe, someone used his address from when his Brentwood home was for sale and all over the internet (complete with address, thank you Mr. Stupid Ass Realtor), his date of birth and zip code to check the LA Clerk's site, all which is public information, and it clearly comes up as Republican. There's stuff all over the internet about him being homophobic.

Listen to his Emmy acceptance speech. "First of all, let me that JESUS CHRIST, my Heavenly Father!"

by Anonymousreply 6601/07/2013

It's been suspected for years that Jensen is a Republican.

Jared is a Democrat as he made clear in his support for Obama on Twitter several times during the recent election.

by Anonymousreply 6701/07/2013

He is.

See Reply 58

by Anonymousreply 6801/07/2013

Turn on your speakers and listen to his Emmy acceptance speech.

"LET ME FIRST THANK JESUS CHRIST."

I think we should start referring to him as Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 6901/07/2013

R58 on this thread, or another one? The link seems to take me to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7001/07/2013

With regard to the thanking of Jesus in his award speech for "Days Of Our Lives", we have to remember that that was a decade & a half ago when Jensen had recently moved to Hollywood from Texas and his conservative family. I think he has changed somewhat since then, and I am willing to keep an open mind that he may be different now.

by Anonymousreply 7101/07/2013

Go to the thread Jensen Ackles is a Homophobic Douchebag and look at Reply 58.

Use the information and link and you'll see what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 7201/07/2013

That's true R51, but he's still listed as a Republican on the LA Clerk's site. And each time you move to a new address you have to update your political affiliation. He moved in, I think it said, 2009.

by Anonymousreply 7301/07/2013

But is Jensen really as conservative as he he was when he first moved to Hollywood from Texas back in 1997? I know he was into Jesus day camps in those days because that's the way he was raised, but after being in Hollywood for a few years he was dating Playboy models like Joanna Krupa.

And as we know from previous threads, she says she had sex with him, so it doesn't sound like he waited until marriage to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 7401/07/2013

Hell, the fact that he's a republican is enough for me.

I'll never find him hot again. But that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 7501/07/2013

[quote]Hell, the fact that he's a republican is enough for me.

Enough in what way?

by Anonymousreply 7601/07/2013

Enough in that I just don't find him hot anymore. To my mind, Republican = not gay friendly. I realize that isn't always the case, but the fact that he isn't in favor of universal healthcare, fair taxes, a woman's right to choose--all those things make him decidedly unattractive in my mind.

I'm sorry. I'd like to be more mature about it, but it's just the way I'm hard-wired.

by Anonymousreply 7701/07/2013

The problem I have is that while I'm perfectly willing to rake Jensen over the coals if some of these things are true, it's hard to know for sure without actual confirmation. He's never said in public or in an interview that I can find that he is a Republican, although there are a lot of clues above that is the case.

Jared we know has done a lot of criticism of Republicans and made clear his support for Obama over Romney. It's hard to know for sure what Jensen thinks because he keeps his cards closer to his vest.

by Anonymousreply 7801/07/2013

Everyone of you queens would go down on him in a heartbeat whether he was Republican, Nazi, KKK, whatever. I would!!!

by Anonymousreply 7901/07/2013

No, I would not do him. I honestly wouldn't.

And, He is absolutely a Republican. Here is the info you need to check him out.

Ackles

03/01/1978

by Anonymousreply 8001/07/2013

Well, they've just announced his wife is pregnant, so I guess he's either a homophobic right-wing straight guy after all, or he's in the closet for life.

by Anonymousreply 8101/07/2013

R25, have no idea; I think there are photos from early in his career where he sure looks gay!

I know there are actors who beard up, get the wife, even have the kids and keep someone on the side in an apartment and life goes on.

The actor either leaves the wife ("they're remaining friends and committed co-parents of their children/child," a rep tells People) or they stay together and make it work.

Is Jensen one of them?

Don't know. He sure is sexy, though.

by Anonymousreply 8201/07/2013

How 'bout that, anonymous reply 80? Jensen Ackles is, in fact, registered as a republican for the 2012 elections.

That's how he was raised, guess those are his beliefs. whatever. I like Supernatural, and even as a liberal I don't really care what he thinks. As long as he isn't planning a run for public office.

He's certainly not the only Republican in show business...

by Anonymousreply 8301/15/2013

Charging five hundred for a minute of his time?

Well, that's more than a rentboy, but you're not going to walk away with an STD.

Do it once, realize it was a mistake, get it out of your system or don't do it at all.

by Anonymousreply 8401/17/2013

$500 a minute is certainly insane. Not even former Presidents like Bill Clinton charge that much per minute.

by Anonymousreply 8501/17/2013

Nice and ignorant comment about republicans. Most give much more to charity than than libtard hippies. Jealous because you're a broke socialist?

by Anonymousreply 8610/03/2013

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE? AND WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING JENSEN LIKE THAT! YOU DISGUSTING STALKERISH DOUCHE BAGS.. I LOVE HIM THATS WHY IWHEN I READ YOUR THREADS I CRIED. FUCK Y'ALL I HOPE Y'ALL DIE

by Anonymousreply 8711/16/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8811/16/2013

Nah, r88.

He's gay and he's in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 8911/17/2013

Come on... im a huge supernatural's fan... and of course i would like to take a pic with them but that's it....

I think the peple makes their own choices, if he is gay and he wants to come out, fine, but if he is strong snough to just be straight good for him, now he's a dad, and he looks happy.

Alejandro

by Anonymousreply 9010/08/2014

OP's infantile attempt to tie Republicans into this person's greed is silly. Everybody knows you can save 15% and Jensen Ackles is a registered member of the new not-R party.

by Anonymousreply 9110/08/2014

[R86] Not true not true. Charitable giving between liberals and conservatives are nearly the same. However, liberals give to different causes, like causes that help people. You might be stupid enough to think that when Mitt Romney gives most of his charitable contributions to the FUCKING MORMON CULT, is charity. It is not. Mormonism is big business with massive financial holdings in gambling among other things. Mormons are not charitable outside their faith. Ask a Mormon church for help and you won't get any unless you are Mormon or are willing to become a Mormon and tithe to them

A conservatives contribution to The Knights of Columbus buys the Knights advertising to defeat Prop 8 in California.

Pull your head out of your ass. Your contention can not be proven.

by Anonymousreply 9210/08/2014

We found Jensen Ackles' name on a list of registered Republicans in the 2012 election for California. It's in one of the threads from that time.

by Anonymousreply 9310/08/2014

He is one of those "straight guys" who loves to suck cock and other stuff. This delusional mindset is taking hold and allowing this self-loathing conservatives to justify sex acts with other men. Ironically, the gay community with their no labels nonsense are lending credence to this shit.

He is a sefl-loathing closet case.

by Anonymousreply 9410/08/2014

[quote]Jensen Ackles is a registered member of the new not-R party.

What?

by Anonymousreply 9510/08/2014

That's ridiculous. If I'm going to pay that much for a man's time, I have the right to a blowjob at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 9610/08/2014

Ya know to all these people who are running there trapts about these people are probably fat and ugly, I love how all of them say fat, ugly, desperate people do this, that its not healthy? Are you kidding me? It makes me laugh so hard, who cares!?! I can say first hand that sure they might jus be enjoying there lives rich but if any one of you people who posts bad comments to fill time into your days, your telling me you all wouldn't do the exact same thing!?!? Get lifes!

by Anonymousreply 9710/17/2014

Do you get to suck his dick at least? Does he suck yours?

by Anonymousreply 9810/17/2014

He gives a lot to charity.

by Anonymousreply 9912/11/2014

You want to trash him for being a Republican? Wow, you don't want people to judge you, yet you are quick to judge everyone that doesn't agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 10012/11/2014

Jensen should charge 200!

by Anonymousreply 10112/11/2014

Sweeties, you don't know how cons really work.

It's the company who organizes the conventions that decided how much the photo-ops, autographs,etc, will cost, not the actors.

That's why the prices vary from one con to the other.

Besides, most of the money obtained from the photo-ops, tickets, autographs,etc, go to the organization, because they have to pay for things like hotels, transportion, food, medical attendance for the cast, reservation and rent for the place of the event. They have to pay the salaries of the people who helps in the production of the event, after all it's not a voluntary work, no one there works for free.

The actors in fact only get a really small percentage of the money obtained in the conventions, not too mention that a good part of that small percentage goes to their agents. They agree with it by signing the contract.

Seriously, dudes...check the facts before criticizing it.

by Anonymousreply 10204/27/2015

Sweeties, you don't know how cons really work.

It's the company who organizes the conventions that decided how much the photo-ops, autographs,etc, will cost, not the actors.

That's why the prices vary from one con to the other.

Besides, most of the money obtained from the photo-ops, tickets, autographs,etc, go to the organization, because they have to pay for things like hotels, transportion, food, medical attendance for the cast, reservation and rent for the place of the event. They have to pay the salaries of the people who helps in the production of the event, after all it's not a voluntary work, no one there works for free.

The actors in fact only get a really small percentage of the money obtained in the conventions, not too mention that a good part of that small percentage goes to their agents. They agree with it by signing the contract.

Seriously, dudes...check the facts before criticizing it.

by Anonymousreply 10304/27/2015

I think I got to spend about a day and a half with Anthony Stewart Head for less than that. Worth every penny too.

by Anonymousreply 10404/27/2015

r 103. what a crock of horse shit. u sound like a paid shrill

by Anonymousreply 10504/27/2015
Need more help? Click Here.