Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

L.A. in the Jay Sebring/Shampoo days

I wish I lived in the Mamas n Papas era, high in the canyons. Made my way down the hill, stoned, to eat at El Coyote and preen. It seems so familiar to me, so real. I think I might have lived there in a previous life! Those of you who lived through that era - describe it?

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1602/03/2013

LA wasn't nearly as crowded or mean then.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 110/09/2010

laurel canyon was where the action was. good times.%0D %0D **sigh**

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 210/09/2010

I'm an LA native and I've spent my life fascinated by Jay Sebring... even more specifically... um... The murders. %0D %0D %0D Was there any gossip about Mr. Sebring? Everything says he was attached to Sharon Tate at one point... I want to know if there was gay gossip. LOL%0D %0D Anyhow, for those that live in WeHo, the shop that Abigail Folger bought her bicycle at right before the murder is on SMB. It's now a clothes store.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 306/08/2011

The movie Shampoo was on Antenna last night. I caught it as I was heading to bed and ended up watching it. Carrie Fisher is unrecognizable as a teen, Warren Beatty looked good as did Goldie Hawn. It all seemed a little over the top but entertaining. It was based on the Jay Sebring guy and a republican dinner event.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 402/03/2013

R4 I'm nothing like my mother.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 502/03/2013

R5 I couldn't figure out if the CF character was underage or just a young adult living at home. And the mother had sex with George right after the daughter did!

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 602/03/2013

LA then was happy and clean, roomy and fun, and everything took place in English.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 702/03/2013

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 802/03/2013

OP, have you seen the 1968 documentary Mondo Hollywood? Sebring is in it, also Rodney Bingenheimer and Manson killer Bobby Beausoleil. Fascinating stuff.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 902/03/2013

LA native here. I remember those murders well. Scared even my parents.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1002/03/2013

Sharon and Jay should have been together all along.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1102/03/2013

James Franco To Star As Jay Sebring, Celeb Hairstylist Murdered By The Manson Family

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1202/03/2013

R9, can you tell me which part of the film Beausoliel is in? I tried but can't sit through that film. Endless pointless minutes of football and people dressed in basic Halloween type costumes just ain't that interesting.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1302/03/2013

That must mean Sebring was gay since Franco never plays anything gay roles.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1402/03/2013

R13, Beausoleil appears as "Cupid" in the sequence that starts at 48.57. It's part of a profile of "Valerie Porter: American artist." Porter is hilarious: "I feel one should be able to have an affair with a piece of art!" and "Everything bores me to death. The only thing I find interesting is myself."

I also found the segment on Vito Franzioni interesting, due to the controversy over his son's death.

Sebring's sequence is linked below.

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1502/03/2013

I thought Shampoo was based on JON PETERS?

by Rodney Binganheimer and Bob Evansreply 1602/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.