Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Peter Lawford gay, says Marilyn Monroe

Vanity Fair is doing a story on newly published material written by Marilyn. Included...%0D %0D [quote]Monroe's final writings, however, do not concern a renewed love for DiMaggio but rather detail her fear of actor Peter Lawford, brother-in-law to President John F. Kennedy. Monroe met Kennedy at Lawford's home in November 1961.%0D %0D [quote]Noting the "strange look in his eyes," the actress wrote that she was "afraid of Peter" and that "he might harm me, poison me, etc." Later in the same entry, Monroe details why she felt Lawford had something against her: "I felt very uneasy at different times with him. The real reason I was afraid of him is because I believe him to be homosexual -- not in the way I love & respect and admire (Jack) [Note: Likely a reference to Jack Cole, a personal friend of Monroe's who coached and choreographed her dancing in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'], who I feel have talent and wouldn't be jealous of me because I wouldn't really want to be me. Whereas Peter wants to be a woman -- and would like to be me -- I think."%0D

by Anonymousreply 10309/18/2012

Are you sure she didn't mean Peter Lorre?

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2010

He didn't want to be a woman. He wanted to be an ACTRESS!

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2010

Heard the gay rumors about Lawford. He liked it rough or so the rumors went. And plenty of poppers.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2010

I believe it. What kind of man pays hookers so that he can watch his son fuck them?

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2010

A video is worth a thousand words.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2010

[quote]Once he signed with MGM, his mother, Lady Lawford, insisted that studio head Louis B. Mayer pay her a salary as her son's personal assistant. Mayer declined. Lady Lawford responded by claiming her son to be "a bummer" and that he needed to be "supervised." When Lawford learned of his mother's actions their relationship was never the same.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2010

This article looks great. Finally a reason to buy Vanity Fair again.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2010

"Whereas Peter wants to be a woman -- and would like to be me -- I think.""%0D %0D What, did she think he was going to throw her into a pit in the cellar, and then make a woman-suit out of her skin?%0D %0D I suspect the pills were getting to her at that point.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2010

"The real reason I was afraid of him is because I believe him to be homosexual" What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2010

Reply 8....You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2010

What I do not understand is , How can a box filled with Monroe's writings and observations be left sitting in a closet for 40 years without anyone being curious enough to look at them!!! Re9. Read the article, it makes complete sense.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2010

In those days, people had all sorts of bizarre inconsistent ideas of what a homosexual was. We were the mincing hairdresser, the predator wearing a trench coat in the park, the body builder and the invisible (communist?) that no one ever encountered.

We're talking really backwards and ignorant times.

Let's hope that someday those times might end.

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2010

Marilyn couldn't sing like this -

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2010

And apparently he was into serious nipple play during sex. Liked having his nipples tortured.

Anybody hear that?

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2010

"In his later years, Peter Lawford could not achieve orgasm without getting his nipples lacerated with razor blades." This was a tidbit in a book by Christopher Kennedy Lawford?

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2010

That vid was cringe worthy, R5.

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2010

Peter at his most beautiful:

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2010

For years there was talk of Marilyn Monroe's "red diary" where she wrote down her conversations with her lovers Jack and Bobby Kennedy. Conspiracy theoryists claim the diary contained top secret political information that Jack and Bobby revealed to Monroe. Now does anybody seriously believe when the Kennedys had trysts with Monroe they would discuss serious politics with her? That they would reveal confidential government information to an alcoholic, pill-addicted, mentally unstable Hollywood sex symbol? As reckless as the Kennedys were sometimes I don't think they were crazy enough to do THAT. Anyway, the conspiracy nuts claim that's why Marilyn was "murdered"; she knew too much. %0D %0D People who knew Monroe said she would carry around a notebook and jot things in it from time to time. But she never kept anything that could rightly be called a "diary."%0D %0D I think this is just another attempt to make a case for the murder theory. She's "afraid" of Lawford, that he might "harm" or "poison" her.%0D It seems rather contrived. And the statement "the real reason I was afraid of him is because I believe him to be homosexual -- not in the way I love & respect and admire" sounds totally false. And incredibly stupid. What kind of homosexual did you have to be to garner love and admiration and respect from Marilyn? Flaming?%0D %0D Monroe's psychiatrist Ralph Greene said that Monroe disliked homosexuals, but for some perverse reason frequently put herself in situations where she associated with them.

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2010

unlike Monty Clift, Peter Lawford actually did suck my cock.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2010

yum

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2010

Peter was probably uneasy around her,Marilyn's sex symbol status would have made a closet case like Peter nervous.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2010

[quote]What kind of homosexual did you have to be to garner love and admiration and respect from Marilyn? Flaming?%0D %0D Loyal.%0D %0D And would keep their mouth shut about her personal life.%0D %0D Such as the previously mentioned Jack Cole and Montgomery Clift. It would also include her masseuse/confidant Ralph Roberts who was around for several years before her death and knew more than probably anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2010

r18: Marilyn was dangerous to the Kennedys not because she knew political secrets but because she might be foolhardy enough to expose her affairs with them. Do you not realize how outrageous her infamous appearance at JFK's birthday celebration was at the time??? %0D %0D Viewed today, it's still utterly outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2010

w

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2010

While I don't condone his writings at all, Darwin Porter's "biography" of Merv Griffin has several chapters about Lawford's alleged homosexuality, including a long-term tryst with Robert Walker and a threesome that included Merv.

While this (like all Porter's books) is wholesale shite, his books are based on the rumors and innuendo that have swirled around Hollywood for decades - so there is some previous gossip about Lawford's sexuality, in any case.

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2010

Oh snap!

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2010

Marilyn did not "dislike" Homosexuals. What she disliked were people who she believed were untrustworthy. Marilyn had plenty of gay friends and made very public her distain of Monty Cliffs treatment by homophobes. Marilyn, when asked about Homosexuality famously replied " Love is Love". Stop trying to make MM into some homophobe. It's not going to work..

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2010

I recall reading in one of the Marilyn bios that her therapist said she did indeed have an aversion to homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2010

People aren't always consistent in their thoughts and emotions. You can get along just fine with gay people you know personally and still have a hard time dealing with your feelings about homosexuality as a form of sexual expression and about gay people as a collective group. %0D %0D Judy Garland liked a lot of gay men but she got screwed (literally) by a few of them which made her alternately warm and hostile on the subject of gay men in general. She knew the gay mob adored her but she was uneasy about being viewed as the world's biggest fag hag.

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2010

r8 and 9 are completely dense. She meant she thought he hated her because she was a beautiful female sex symbol that men wanted, and he wished he was her.

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2010

In other words: He was a jealous woman-hater.

by Anonymousreply 3110/10/2010

what was the Kennedy he married like?

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2010

I think many of guys in the Lawford / Kennedy circle weren't necessarily gay or even bi, but rather simply hedonistic and would fool around with a woman or a man as long as THEY got off, giving no send thoughts to the partner.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2010

I think this is entirely possible, wouldn't be the weirdest thing i've heard happen.

by Anonymousreply 3412/29/2010

Time to go re-read "Mother Bitch".

by Anonymousreply 3512/29/2010

Maybe Lawford was sleeping with the Kennedy brothers as well.

by Anonymousreply 3612/29/2010

REPLY 23

" Viewed today, it's still utterly outrageous!"

And utterly FABULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 3712/30/2010

It's a shame Tom Drake threw his life away pining for this perv and I say this as a fan of Lawford, especially in his later years. One of my favorite films is 'Angel's Revenge' from the late 1970's and he was still sexy.

by Anonymousreply 3812/30/2010

R15, that made me cringe! Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 3912/30/2010

I guess I didn't find 'Age of Aquarius' any more cringe worthy than similar song and dance numbers aging stars performed along with the Gold Diggers on Dean Martin's program. It was a sign of the times. I guess you had to be there. Middle aged men were all growing long sideburns and wearing ostentatious gold jewelry. You can still see some today if you go to cigar shops.

by Anonymousreply 4012/30/2010

[quote]what was the Kennedy he married like?

A mean, raging drunk.

by Anonymousreply 4112/30/2010

How many secret diaries did Marilyn keep? Don't we get a new one every year, along with yet another husband she married in Mexicali in 1948?

by Anonymousreply 4212/30/2010

Didn't he have an affair with Dorothy Dandridge? I often wonder why they didn't include it in the Halle Berry TV movie about her, because in all of the bios I've read about DD, he's portrayed as the love of her life.

by Anonymousreply 4312/30/2010

This diary entry was written in the mid-1950s and likely referened Marilyn's personal assistant and hair dresser Peter Leonardi. Leonardi worked for Marilyn in Manhattan and was alleged to have stolen her furs. This turned into a legal case.

by Anonymousreply 4401/09/2011

Marilyn hung around with Truman Capote a lot. How could she have an aversion to gays with him being the Queen Gay?

by Anonymousreply 4501/09/2011

I liked that comment; '...as reckless as the Kennedys were sometimes...'. Jesus, sometimes! They were reckless ALL the time, especially JFK. He was screwing hookers by the dozen, one of Giancana's girlfriends (Campbell), At least two known Soviet agents and one Communist Chinese agent, not to mention his secretaries in the White House pool on a daily basis, Hollywood stars and starlets left, right and center. He bought the election (or is 'stole' a better word?), with the help of organized crime, he ordered assassinations of at least three politicians (Trujillo, Diem and Lumumba),tried his hardest to have Castro assassinated, even employing organized crime figures to carry it out, and then commenced the escalation of the Vietnam conflict simply because he needed to look 'tough' if he hoped to win in '64. What a lousy president, and his nasty little brother would have been just as lousy.

by Anonymousreply 4609/16/2012

[QUOTE]Now does anybody seriously believe when the Kennedys had trysts with Monroe they would discuss serious politics with her?

No -- they kept secrets from their own WH staff

by Anonymousreply 4709/16/2012

Mia at R17, how is that movie overall? I'm always on the lookout for good old movies I haven't seen, especially with handsome classic Hollywood leading men.

by Anonymousreply 4809/16/2012

Hasn't it already been established that Peter Lawford was gay or bisexual? Sal Mineo himself admitted to an affair with Lawford. Why is Marilyn's "revelation" so Vanity Fair-worthy?

by Anonymousreply 4909/16/2012

[quote]She meant she thought he hated her because she was a beautiful female sex symbol that men wanted, and he wished he was her.

AND maybe he was jealous of her relationship with JFK and got as close as he could to him by marrying the sister?

by Anonymousreply 5009/16/2012

I've seen plenty of times where gay men are hateful to good looking women because they are jealous of the attention they get from men, not exactly a new phenom. So I would imagine that catty queens must have been hateful to her. Not hard to see how she would be ambivalent about homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 5109/16/2012

"Dr Ralph Greenson, her last psychiatrist, wrote that Monroe feared being drawn into ‘situations of a homosexual colouring.’"

I think even as the men in her life disappointed her emotionally and sexually, she blindly sought older females as mother figures. It must have led to a lot of confusion in a woman as sad and unstable as she.

Perversely, despite a couple passing acquaintances with gay men or bi men (Lawford, Capote, Clift, etc.), I think she secretly feared them too because if a man didn't relate to her sexually she felt confused and rejected.

by Anonymousreply 5209/16/2012

[quote]Perversely, despite a couple passing acquaintances with gay men or bi men (Lawford, Capote, Clift, etc.), I think she secretly feared them too because if a man didn't relate to her sexually she felt confused and rejected.

Marilyn's friendship with Clift was much more than a passing acquaintance. She also had close relationships with choreographer Jack Cole (mentioned in the original article), her masseuse Ralph Roberts, actor Clifton Webb and designer William Travilla.

"Marilyn" was a creation, a character she played. Monroe found it quite refreshing when men (straight or gay) DIDN'T think of her a sexual object.

by Anonymousreply 5309/16/2012

R52 = Hair salon psychologist mistaking tabloid stories for data

Or, if that is too obscure,

R52 = Idiot

by Anonymousreply 5409/16/2012

Marilyn Monroe and Monty Clift adored each other. They worried and cared about the other. The problem was they each thrived in different times zones. She was unavailable in the morning and by afternoon he was drunk. He showed up every morning good to go. But by the time she got up the nerve to come to the set, he had downed about a bottle and a half.

It was really sad. But neither blamed the other or showed a shred of upset. He was especially patient. I have always wondered who was handing him that whiskey bottle. And when it was empty there was a fresh one.

by Anonymousreply 5509/16/2012

Peter Lawford was a notorious drug addict, liar, and fuckup who even tried to get his own children hooked on cocaine. Maybe she blamed it on his being gay. He was a nasty piece of work no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 5609/16/2012

[quote]"In his later years, Peter Lawford could not achieve orgasm without getting his nipples lacerated with razor blades."

Sometimes it really is best to just cuddle.

by Anonymousreply 5709/16/2012

Lawford was very cruel to Tom Drake, who was obsessed with him.

by Anonymousreply 5809/16/2012

[quote]I recall reading in one of the Marilyn bios that her therapist said she did indeed have an aversion to homosexuals.

Therapists often project their own shit in the name of the therapeutic process.

by Anonymousreply 5909/16/2012

ANOTHER Marilyn diary? Jesus Christ, she's been dead 50 years and still manages to churn out so much product that Joyce Carol Oates looks like a slacker by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 6009/16/2012

I think the poor dear dizzy Marilyn was confused.

Peter Lawford was British, many British men come across as being gay, but they aren't.

I will never forget my grandmother's line when she first saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. "Oh my, an entire band made up of homosexuals! What will they think of next!'

I guess the combo of long hair and Brit accents meant 'gay' to my long dead grandmother? My parents just laughed at my grandmother's proclamation.

Granny still claimed The Beatles were "homosexuals" even after seeing the clips of screaming female fans and seeing the band with their wives and girlfriends.

My grandmother also thought Vidal Sassoon was gay as well as many other famous British men. British seemed to mean gay to her. Granny was a real nut-job.

by Anonymousreply 6109/16/2012

R61 In fairness, Vidal Sassoon did come across as pretty damn gay. I know he was a devoted husband and father, but I could see why she thought that.

by Anonymousreply 6209/16/2012

The more info on Marilyn the better. It would be refreshing to know more about her and debunk some of the things people believe to be true about her because of her image as a sex symbol. Reading the SMASH threads it's clear people still hold views of her that are just not correct at all. It is a good thing to have more of the real person Marilyn out there. I hope it is found to be truly written from her diaries.

by Anonymousreply 6309/16/2012

I wish 'My Week With Marilyn' were a George Lucas film so he could just keep adding new footage as pertinent information comes to light.

by Anonymousreply 6409/16/2012

I want to hear more about Tom Drake throwing his life away over Lawford. Where did those posters HEAR that?

by Anonymousreply 6509/16/2012

Wasn't there a golden age blind item about a frequent foursome of Keenan and Evie Wynn, Lawford, and Van Johnson? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 6609/16/2012

R66, yes, I think there was.

by Anonymousreply 6709/16/2012

Sinatra was a notorious homophobe, and Peter Lawford made his skin crawl. I think Frank tolerated Gay men who were out. He didn't treat them as equals, but then he didn't treat anyone as an equal.

But he knew Lawford was a closet case and he had nothing but contempt for him. Frank was a violent, promiscuous man who abused women and men, but he was not into kinky and Peter was. Peter was also into drugs. Frank was a boozer, but no drugs.

He generally felt like Lawford was a weak man and Frank hated weak men. He bullied them. Marilyn's radar was good. Her survival instincts were on target. Lawford was no friend. He was slime.

Lawford was the kind of man who'd give a girl a date rape drug then allow disgraceful things to be done to her which he would then record for posterity and for blackmail.He did have sex with women, but it was torturous for him. Amazing all the nonessential information you retain after reading celebrity biographies.

by Anonymousreply 6809/16/2012

I always have felt like I would have liked Sinatra, as deeply flawed as he was, and I would NOT have liked Peter Lawford, as deeply flawed as HE was.

by Anonymousreply 6909/16/2012

Isn't the Lawford bio by his last wife the book where Nancy Reagan's amazing head-giving skills finally came to credible light?

by Anonymousreply 7009/16/2012

R47

Marilyn's danger to the Kennedys was not that she might reveal state secrets (she probably didn't know any, I agree), but any proper investigation of the very married brothers screwing just about every pretty woman they encountered would surely have brought down their political careers. It would also have uncovered JFK's connection (through Judith Campbell Exner)to organized crime figure Sam Giancana.

As for her death - it could ONLY have been suicide or murder. She had been taking sleeping pills for a decade or more, so the chances of her ACCIDENTALLY taking 40 Nebutals instead of a couple are negligible. It appears she was going to go public the next day about her love for Bobby (Jack had hand-balled her to him a few months earlier), but she died that night. How convenient.

by Anonymousreply 7109/16/2012

Ttttom Drake was definitely gay. Alcohol got the best of him after he couldn't have Lawford.

by Anonymousreply 7209/16/2012

I thought Lawford came out. No?

As for JFK and Marilyn Monroe...what's the big deal if she came forward. It's not like he's fucking 8-year old boys.

by Anonymousreply 7309/16/2012

Different era, r73. That kind of thing could end a powerful man's career back then. It didn't have to be 8 year old boys, just adultery.

by Anonymousreply 7409/16/2012

She was a huge mess. You'll never get me to believe it wasn't suicide. It's not like she hadn't tried before.

by Anonymousreply 7509/16/2012

Is the Tom Drake dirt in any books?

by Anonymousreply 7609/16/2012

There is a really interesting book called 'Hollywood Warts 'n' All, published in 2005 (R76),that names names right the way through it. It is a collection of all the affairs, sexual preferences, cover-ups, killings, drunk drivers, pedophiles etc in Hollywood between 1905 and 2005. It covers everything movie by movie,alphabetically, commencing with 'A Beautiful Mind' and finishing with 'Zulu'.

by Anonymousreply 7709/16/2012

I think you're all nuts. Peter Lawford wasn't gay. In fact, he was quite a womanizer. He had a torrid love affair with Judy Holliday which eventually broke up her marriage as well as other female lovers. As far as Frank Sinatra and Peter Lawford. As much of a creep Sinatra was, do you think he would tolerate Lawford being in his inner circle of friends and costar of so many of his movies if he knew Lawford were gay? I don't think so! But the answer to the question is so easy Ask Shirley MacLaine. She knew the ins and outs of the Rat Pack and of Hollywood. If anyone can tell us definitely she could.

by Anonymousreply 7809/17/2012

[quote]It appears she was going to go public the next day about her love for Bobby (Jack had hand-balled her to him a few months earlier), but she died that night. How convenient.

Why was she going to go public? If she loved him, as you write, why would she want to destroy him?

by Anonymousreply 7909/17/2012

Here are my thoughts based on tons of material I've read about everyone involved, JFK, Bobby, Marilyn, Sinatra, the mob,the PIs, the Hollywood culture, etc. Books, magazine articles, all kinds of theories abound.

I don't buy the affair with Bobby meme even though it's practically dogma. Marilyn defied her studio to go to NYC for the President's brithday in May. She'd already missed time on the set of Something's Gotta Give because of a severe sinus infection.So they fired her.

(The real problem was Cleopatra. The studio was practically bankrupt from Cleopatra. They had to jettison someone to appease the suits in NYC who were raising hell. So they fired Marilyn. She went into a spiral after that.)

Marilyn was also angry at JFK because he was ignoring her calls, after their NYC birthday tryst. Her unstable behavior and the alcohol & drug abuse were causing her to be more & more erratic. She was also threatening to go public if he didn't pay attention. She felt terribly used. With a lot of justification. Her life was a trainwreck.

Bobby felt very sorry for Marilyn. He saw her as deeply wounded and very childlike. She had no guile. Bobby was always the more compassionate brother, and he was always JFK's main clean up man. Not the only one to fulfill that role, but he handled the more sensitive cases. To JFK, women were disposable.

They were obviously worried she'd cause a scandal. Their image at the time as an intact, Catholic family with two cute little tykes was a huge selling point for the First Family. The entire Kennedy clan was becoming a brand.

Bobby's mission was to try to calm her down, help her get into rehab, and see if he could negotiate her return to the studio and making movies, he wanted to help get her career back on track. Marilyn liked Bobby, thought he was a good guy, because he didn't come on to her.

The other impetus for his intervention was that Bobby knew full well Sinatra was pissed at JFK, and Sinatra had mob connections that could damage the President's chances. Blackmail was top of the list. Effective blackmail bought all kinds of immunity. The Judith Campbell Exner connection to Giancana/Sinatra was well known to Bobby.

Marilyn was part of the Sinatra crowd not in the same way Bacall or Maclaine was, but more as an elevated chorus girl Frank and his mob buddies used. Frank was a monster that way.

Bobby truly couldn't stand his brother-in-law either. Bobby had to know of Peter's sexual leanings and his sexual excesses. Pat Lawford was an alcoholic, too, and Bobby blamed the whole wild Hollywood lifestyle, and Peter's crowd, associating Peter with Sinatra whom he abhorred.

Bobby may have visited her much earlier, prior to her death, and they allegedly had a pretty heated discussion,she was already spaced out from pills & booze, but he wasn't having an affair with her, and he didn't have her killed.

The only part of the legend that makes sense is that after she died, they sent people in to "clean up" the place. That part is very believeable. Peter certainly knew who to call about that, but chances are they didn't leave it to Peter. Didn't trust him.

They were terrifiedt damaginge information might get into thet wrong hands and expose JFK. Diaries, photos, etc. they were looking for anything incriminating.

Marilyn wasn't murdered. Marilyn committed suicide. If anything, Peter Lawford was the one who helped make it happen. He was definitely an enabler and fellow user.

The fact that she had unscrupulous people working for her, spying on her, attempting to exploit her, over medicating her, was a sad, disgusting testimony to something that we now know to be all to common in Hollywood and something that happens still today.

by Anonymousreply 8009/17/2012

For R79 and R80.

First of all, Bobby most certainly WAS having a torrid affair with Monroe. In fact, she had become utterly infatuated with him and desperately believed he would divorce his wife and marry her, such was her befuddled state of mind. Of course, divorce was totally out of the question, so RFK tried to talk her out of going public when he visited her the day before she died.

If she was in fact murdered, it appears that Bobby was left out of the loop (he was also besotted with her), but I put nothing past JFK and old Joe Kennedy. I think it was Giancana's son who published a book claiming that New Orleans mob boss Johnny Roselli, who Marilyn knew well and liked, called on her with two assassins, drugged her and inserted 40 Nebutals in her rectum. He claimed they were carrying out a 'request' from Jack and old Joe. The mob, however, fully expected the ensuing investigation would expose the affairs between Marilyn and the brothers and bring down the presidency. However, they did not anticipate the ability of the Kennedys to sterilize the whole scene. Why would the mob want the Kennedys out? Because they (especially Bobby) had betrayed them. Mob money helped win the election for JFK,that is well documented, but nobody expected him to make his little brother Attorney-General, and nobody expected RFK to go after organized crime so ferociously when he got the job.

Oh, and as for Bobby being such a nice guy. He was vindictive, a womaniser like his brother, and willing to go to ANY lengths to protect Jack. To cap it all off, after his brother's assassination he soon became Jackie's lover and remained so for several years until Onassis arrived on the scene. I don't know if Marilyn was killed or not, and the word of a mobster's son is scarcely evidence enough, but her demise was perfectly timed as far as the Kennedys were concerned. Think about it. All the myth surrounding these two guys is just that - myth. They were no bloody good.

by Anonymousreply 8109/17/2012

R81, your animosity, even dislike, perhaps even hatred for the Kennedys has clouded your thinking on this matter.Your acoutn is somewhat inaccurate too.

Giancana was pissed off at Joe & Jack because the mafia helped JFK get elected,then the Kennedys dumped them. Their CIA involved the mob in a series of Cuban assiasination plots and misadventures with promises of restoring mob business interests in Havana, etc. It was a litany of broken promises and of not taking the mobsters seriously.

THe mafia was pissed off at Bobby for going after organized crime, (The Enemy Within) and after Hoffa. J. Edgar Hoover, who for many years contended there was no significant mafia activity, since Edgar was in their pocket, hated the Kennedys too.

He knew about Judith Campbell's ties to Giancana and JFK. He confronted Bobby with a lot of information, and also the fact that there were direct links to Sinatra. Sinatra's relationship with the Kennedys was very quickly growing cold as early as shortly after the Inaugural Gala.

He thought he had an inside track to JFK,kept assuring his mobster friends the President listened to him. Then Bobby cancelled JFK's visit to Sinatra's house, taking him to Bing Crosby's instead, and it was such a public humiliation Sinatra went apeshit.

The Sinatra/Giancana drugging and gang rape of Marilyn Monroe at the Cal Neva Lodge was the most despicable vile thing imaginable. She attempted suicide and was taken away in an ambulance. The story given out that she was despondent over her latest crisis. Of course the media was fed crap about how Sinatra was this great friend to Marilyn.

The mafia would 've loved the opportunity to set up the brothers for her death if they could have. Bobby having an affair would also have played right into their hands and Hoover's.

Of all the brothers Bobby was the good guy. Marilyn said it often, and said it to JFK himself. Bobby was definitely a vindictive, vicious infighter when it came to politics but he also was the protector of the weak, in his own eyes.

He was the "knight" to JFK's rogue. More important, he was repelled by his father's excesses, and managed to maintain his idealism in spite of everything. Does that mean Bobby was perfect or flawless? Hardly. But he wasn't whoring around like his brothers were.

by Anonymousreply 8209/17/2012

I read somewhere that Marilyn said she wouldn't have an affair with Bobby; he was too puny.

[quote]He claimed they were carrying out a 'request' from Jack and old Joe.

One thing I know, old Joe wasn't requesting anything in 1962. He was incapacitated by a stroke in December 1961.

by Anonymousreply 8309/17/2012

Was Marilln homophobic? And Peter was known to be bi.

by Anonymousreply 8409/17/2012

Monroe slept with JFK only once and never with RFK.

There's plenty of documentation that disproves many of their supposed visits, but the entire Kennedy connection only adds interest and allure to Monroe's death months later.

There was no gang rape at the Cal-Neva Lodge and Marilyn's death was caused by a drug-laced enema prescribed by her shrink Dr. Greenson and administered by her housekeeper Mrs. Murray.

by Anonymousreply 8509/17/2012

Why is there never gossip about Teddy Kennedy and Marilyn? It's only RFK and JFK.

by Anonymousreply 8609/17/2012

In the book I am currently reading on a public figure, it goes into great detail about Tom and his long time torch for Peter Lawford the actor. They were on and off lovers and Tom was hopelessly in love with Lawford who slept with both men and women. Tom could get very depressed about the situation and I think -- I'm not sure -- Tom attempted suicide over it.

by Anonymousreply 8709/17/2012

R85 you are wrong on all counts. JFK and Marilyn fucked, they didn't sleep together, way more than once. And she was certainly drugged and fucked at Cal Neva by Sam Giancana and Sinatra. Frank invited Marilyn there to meet Sam and they plied her with booze and pills.

She never left her suite for three or four days. Then she had a seizure or an attempted suicide. Sinatra said she OD out of despond. It happened.THere are even photos of her running outside semi nude yelling or arguing with Sinatra, and some men came and took her by the arms and forcibly "escorted " her back to her room.

by Anonymousreply 8809/17/2012

There are tons of photos of Marilyn and Sinatra and Marilyn and Peter Lawford at Cal Neva and she was there to rendezvous with Giancana and Frank the weekend before she died.

Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 8909/17/2012

Frank didn't like fucking Marilyn because he was hygenically fastidious with his enormous uncut sizemeat, and Marilyn's feminine hygiene apparently gave Cheryl a run for her money...

by Anonymousreply 9009/17/2012

[quote]The real reason I was afraid of him is because I believe him to be homosexual -- not in the way I love & respect and admire (Jack) [...]Whereas Peter wants to be a woman -- and would like to be me -- I think.

Marilyn saw Datalounge coming.

by Anonymousreply 9109/17/2012

I always thought he was.

by Anonymousreply 9209/17/2012

r79, because RFK wasn't taking her calls any more.

by Anonymousreply 9309/17/2012

Believe what you want R88, but I speak the truth.

The press conference wasn't too announce her affair(s) with either JFK or RFK as aside from the fact they never happened, Marilyn wasn't a vindictive person. She never trashed anyone in the press and wasn't stupid enough to announce she was sleeping with a married man, let alone the President or Attorney General. That's one way to certainly kill her career after giving a major interview to LIFE Magazine released the day before her death as well as several photo shoots that later appeared as memorials.

It was to announce that "Something's Got to Give" was supposed to start filming again in October after Dean Martin finished his current commitment - with a new director and Monroe's salary at $500,000 instead of the original $100,000.

As for the

by Anonymousreply 9409/17/2012

r85 are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 9509/17/2012

Oh NO!!!! R94/85, tell us the mob didn't get you.

Please. I'm calling the police now before the mob ge

by Anonymousreply 9609/17/2012

I thought he was gay but never spoke to anyone about it.

I always wondered if George Hamilton was gay. I knew he was married two or three times but he seemed gay.

by Anonymousreply 9709/17/2012

It's sad to hear all these awful things about Peter, though I'm not doubting their veracity.

I always found him incredibly sexy as the young male ingenue of those MGM musicals like Good News, Easter Parade and Royal WEdding. He couldn't sing or dance but looked good in (and out) of a suit.

I also loved him as Nick Charles in The Thin Man TV series in the early 1960s opposite Phyllis Kirk.

He starred in that musical with Esther Williams.....was it On an Island With You? I'm surprised she didn't have anything nasty to say about him in her autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 9809/17/2012

Last few words of new paragraph supposed to have been cut off before hit post.

by Anonymousreply 9909/17/2012

[quote]THere are even photos of her running outside semi nude yelling or arguing with Sinatra, and some men came and took her by the arms and forcibly "escorted " her back to her room.

Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 10009/17/2012

r96 You are EPIC!!! I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying.

by Anonymousreply 10109/17/2012

Judy Holliday was a notorious bisexual herself. Officially, she had an affair with Gerry Mulligan - but all the while she was munching on some pretty famous muffs.

by Anonymousreply 10209/18/2012

I remember reading in someone's biography, might even have been about Lawford, that when he was an emerging star, he'd always go down to Malibu, to the beach, there was a spot where all the pretty young gay boys hung out, and he'd have assignations with those pretty men.

His agent and the studio he was under contract with were apoplectic about it, and tried very hard to curb his social life. Peter loved the surf! I also read he & Van Johnson had an affair.

by Anonymousreply 10309/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!