Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco

Do we know of any gay relationships he's been in or of guys he's bedded? Or is it all just rumor and innuendo? For the record, I hope he's gay, and I'm certainly not one who needs "proof," but I've just never heard anything about actual gay behavior, and want to know what you all might have heard.

by Anonymousreply 37804/26/2015

It was rare, but when he socialized with fellow NYU students last year he did not self-identify as straight. That's all I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2010

I am 100% sure he is straight

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2010

[quote]I am 100% sure he is straight

Based on what evidence?

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2010

According to posts I've read on other sites, people claim to have seen him making out with guys.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2010

I wonder what self identify as straight means, and I wonder, in general, how the hell R1 remotely knows what he is talkiing about including the terminology "self identify as straight". Who do you know anywhere who when they socialize "self identify as straight" and therefore we think they are gay?

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2010

How many times are we going to go over this topic?

If you read the looong New York magazine profile of Franco from a few months ago, by a gay writer, you came away thinking this is likely a straight guy who is nonetheless interested in queer theory and homosexuality as an artistic subject. That was clearly the conclusion of the article writer, himself a gay man who broached the "gay question" at length to numerous people who know Franco.

I know that answer doesn't cut it for most of the black and white thinkers who frequent this board, but it's the best you're gonna get.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2010

There are comments on other websites that say James has been seen making out with his boyfriend and hitting on other guys.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2010

Not quite, R8.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've known a couple of men in LA who have dated him. He's quite the closet case, remarkably.

With all due respect to you, R8, and the magazine writer, no straight man loves to be immersed in "queer theory".

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2010

Then why not name them, R10? You're on an anonymous message board.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2010

"I've known a couple of men in LA who have dated him."

Have they had sex with him? If so, what did they say about what he is like in bed? His cock?

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2010

The fallacy to your statement, r10, can be summed up in this question: Why would a closet case, if that's what Franco is, so openly dabble in queer theory and gay imagery if he was gay but trying to hide that fact? It makes absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 1310/05/2010

R8, NY mag isn't gonna out Franco without proof, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1410/05/2010

Why would Franco sue, R14? If he's gay friendly he wouldn't mind it if they called him gay.

by Anonymousreply 1510/05/2010

Hiding in plain sight, R13

by Anonymousreply 1610/05/2010

I have no idea what he does with his dick, but his heart belongs only to himself.

by Anonymousreply 1710/05/2010

He is bi and fairly open about it. He just hasn't formally come out. He is hiding in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 1810/05/2010

I've already told you people - not gay and no pot. Why won't you believe me?

by Anonymousreply 1910/05/2010

[quote]Why would Franco sue, [R14]? If he's gay friendly he wouldn't mind it if they called him gay.[/quote] Obviously, none of us here would personally know if he'd be offended. The point is, is that the author/magazine can't say that he's gay without evidence, that's libel.

by Anonymousreply 2010/05/2010

You think he would, though, R18.

With the projects he chooses, the last thing he should be worried about is his career.

by Anonymousreply 2110/05/2010

How naive. If NY Mag writers started insinuating the people they were interviewing were closeted, R8, they would stop getting interviews with top celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 2210/05/2010

This site cant be sued like a newspaper, that is why people here get away with false gossips

by Anonymousreply 2310/05/2010

Labels. Why do they matter?

by Anonymousreply 2510/05/2010

Ask the people who are closeted R25.

by Anonymousreply 2610/05/2010

Franco in Drag in Candy magazine.

by Anonymousreply 2710/05/2010

I worked with him right before he got "Freaks and Geeks". I would have to say Bi because he flirted furiously with the male cinematographer and the makeup and scripty girls.

by Anonymousreply 2810/05/2010

James Franco is this generation's James Dean and just like James Dean he is 100% bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 2910/05/2010

You James Franco freaks ought to just do like the Raul Esparza freaks and have a dedicated thread, instead of starting this one every 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 3010/05/2010

r17 - James has spoken out about what he does with his dick...%0D %0D [quote] "So, when I%E2%80%99m alone, I do masturbate a lot. I don%E2%80%99t know why. It%E2%80%99s like you have those days where it%E2%80%99s just like, I have a ton of writing to do, or a ton of reading to do, and you%E2%80%99re just like, OK, I%E2%80%99m going to be on the couch all day or in bed all day just doing that%E2%80%A6 I tend to have a four- or five-time day."

by Anonymousreply 3110/05/2010

R29 is right on target!

by Anonymousreply 3210/05/2010

Also here is a blind item from Perez back in 2006 about James Franco having a bf on set

What seemingly cuckolded British actor doesn't have to worry? Sources tell PerezHilton.com that his Slutty girlfriend is just friends with her co-star, who also happens to be gay!!! Yes, Frankly, we were a bit shocked by this revelation too. But, multiple sources close to the hunky actor confirmed this news to us, and - what more - they tell us that his boyfriend is staying with him in Canada, where they are filming. Now things make even more sense! This Slutty actress has bearded a closeted actor in the past. Could her Brit boyfriend swing both ways too???

Answer Sienna, Jude, Hayden and James Franco

by Anonymousreply 3310/05/2010

OP, what do you think we're going to give you: DNA evidence?

by Anonymousreply 3510/05/2010

"It was rare, but when he socialized with fellow NYU students last year he did not self-identify as straight. That's all I'll say."

Since Franco studies at Columbia, not NYU, you probably don't have a hell of a lot more to say, at least anything credible.

by Anonymousreply 3610/05/2010

r36 at least make your trolling worthwile. Everybody and his dog knows that Franco has been enrolled at both NYU and Columbia for at least the last year.

by Anonymousreply 3810/05/2010

I've posted this several times, he dated this girl on the right quite a few years ago. I did see him at Gay Pride in Weho this year. He's probably bi.

by Anonymousreply 3910/05/2010

I thought this thread needs some more pictures. Story attached.

by Anonymousreply 4010/05/2010

List of gay and bisexual males in Hollywood

-Tom Cruise (gay)

-John Travolta (gay)

-Will Smith (gay)

-Jake Gyllenhaal (gay)

-Anderson Cooper (gay)

-Leonardo DiCaprio (bisexual)

-George Clooney (bisexual)

-Zac Efron (gay)

-Ashton Kutcher (bisexual)

-Antonio Banderas (bisexual)

-Colin Farrell (bisexual)

-Hayden Christensen (gay)

-Ryan Seacrest (gay)

-Tom Welling (gay)

-Chace Crawford (gay)

-Hugh Jackman (gay)

-Tobey Maguire (bisexual)

-Matt Dallas (gay)

-Jude Law (bisexual)

-Ewan MacGregor (bisexual)

-Eddie Murphy (gay)

-Channing Tatum (bisexual)

-JC Chasez (gay)

-Dominic Monaghan (gay)

-Brody Jenner (bisexual)

-Corbin Bleu (gay)

-Antonio Sabato Jr. (gay)

-John Mayer (bisexual)

-Elijah Wood (gay)

-Spencer Pratt (gay)

-Ed Westwick (gay)

-Emile Hirsch (bisexual)

-Kevin Smith (bisexual)

-Justin Timberlake (bisexual)

-Robert Downey Jr. (bisexual)

-Jonathan Rhys Meyers (gay)

-Tyson Beckford (gay)

-Wentworth Miller (gay)

-Jared Leto (gay)

-Kanye West (bisexual)

-James Franco (bisexual)

-Pete Wentz (bisexual)

-Prince (bisexual)

-BeBe Winans (gay)

-Dave Navarro (bisexual)

-Duane Martin (gay)

-Mario Lopez (gay)

-Lucas Grabeel (gay)

-Robert Pattinson (bisexual)

by Anonymousreply 4110/05/2010

r41, do you really believe all that bullshit

by Anonymousreply 4210/05/2010

R42, I know it seems ridiculous, but that list is more true than you would ever want to believe. I don't know about all of them, but I've worked for CAA for 2 years in the early 2000s and can verify at least 20 of those names. And I'm being serious. Those dudes aren't straight. I'm telling you.

If you look closely at the names and a few of the supposed girlfriends they are linked to/dated/or even married, a lot of these guys are using the same 3 or 4 beards.

Sienna Miller for Jude, James & Hayden, Sean Combs, Daniel Craig

Kelly Preston for John Travolta & Tom Cruise

Renee Zellweger for Clooney, Bradley Cooper, Kenny Chesney

Sarah Jessica Parker for Robert Downey Jr, Matt Broderick

Quit reading People Magazine and US Weekly.

They're lying to you.

by Anonymousreply 4410/06/2010

I believe you r44. I think the number of gay and bi men in entertainment are off the charts.%0D %0D CAA is master of cover up ops too.%0D %0D "The fallacy to your statement, [R10], can be summed up in this question: Why would a closet case, if that's what Franco is, so openly dabble in queer theory and gay imagery if he was gay but trying to hide that fact? It makes absolutely no sense."%0D %0D As someone else said, hiding in plain sight.%0D %0D When you are well repped enough by a powerhouse agency you can get away with ANYthing. Literally anything. Ask r44. %0D %0D They even have the national glossies against the wall. The agencies feed the glossies - the glossies run only the nice heterosexual stories and sell any incriminating pictures they get hold of back to the agencies for scoops and exclusives on something else. %0D %0D It can be a nasty self-feeding industry but it keeps each player in a job.

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2010

"Hollywood, with it's dozens of gay stars,it's hundreds of gays in positions of creative and executive power prefers to reside in one huge, beautifully appointed celluloid closest. Or a gilded birdcage with a cover over it"-Time Magazine

by Anonymousreply 4610/06/2010

Bisexual to the core.

by Anonymousreply 4810/06/2010

There are some good posts on this page, particularly at R45, R46 and R47.

by Anonymousreply 4910/06/2010

R36, you're the idiot who clearly doesn't know Franco or anything about him or anyone that knows him.

Saying "he does not self-identify as straight" was my convoluted way of saying he is bi.

by Anonymousreply 5110/06/2010

posing for the cover of a tranny style mag

by Anonymousreply 5210/06/2010

R44, what does that say about the beards? Are they closeted lesbians or just into it for the PR?

by Anonymousreply 5310/06/2010

Kevin Smith? Spencer Pratt? Eww, and LOL

by Anonymousreply 5410/06/2010

I posted this at the "Gay Rumors that were True" thread but I'm posting it again here because this list was compiled in 1968 most of them turn out to be true years later...

"In January of 1968 an underground book, Hollywood Homos,was published and distributed under the counter at newsstands along Hollywood Boulevard and other places. It was an exposed of gay Hollywood, and it's editors run pictures and identified The Top Homos of Hollywood.."Hollywood Babylon Strikes again!

Here is the list

Rock Hudson

Tab Hunter

Montgomery Clift

Roddy McDowall

Paul Newman

Steve McQueen

Sal Mineo

Yul Brynner

Marlon Brando

James Dean

Farley Granger

Rory Calhoun

Guy Madison

Troy Donahue

Peter Lawford

Robert Walker

Tom Drake

Cary Grant

Randolph Scott

Gene Kelly

Fred Astaire

George Cuckor

Dan Dailey

Tyrone Power

Erroll Flynn

Robert Taylor

Walt Disney

Nick Adams

Van Johnson

Jeffrey Hunter

John Derek

Anthony Perkins

Cesar Romero

Spencer Tracy

Clifton Webb

George Nader.

by Anonymousreply 5610/06/2010

Someone on eonline said his bf is Vince and gf is a beard:

"Franco, obviously. Old news, but currently interesting I suppose due to the drag spread he just did in Candy mag. Franco's gf is rumored to be cool with being used, agrees possibly in order to further her "acting" career--currently she's filming the movie "The Help" and likely wants to continue to climb the success ladder. All who know Franco well, also know his partner, Vince well. V. I'm told is over the-top-possessive, with jealousy that rivals any girl. He is rumored to have been the man in question on the Canadian film set whom Franco took with him--having supposedly lived with Franco for the last decade. I'm told Franco behaves lately as if he has lost what was left of his mind....not just based on weariness and/or lack of sleep. Keeping secrets while trying to appear completely transparent must be exhausting. There is also the rumor of his having resumed a nasty habit for which he obtained help awhile back--but which he has now given up on trying to avoid. A shame, he's sad. "

by Anonymousreply 5710/08/2010

Yul Brynner liked women a lot and was married multiple times and was with a lot of ladies.

But I have heard that he was open-minded and did experiment with guys a few times. He certainly was open to participating in threesomes with a woman and another guy.

by Anonymousreply 5810/09/2010

[quote]I'm told Franco behaves lately as if he has lost what was left of his mind....not just based on weariness and/or lack of sleep. Keeping secrets while trying to appear completely transparent must be exhausting. There is also the rumor of his having resumed a nasty habit for which he obtained help awhile back--but which he has now given up on trying to avoid.

Very sad news.

by Anonymousreply 5910/09/2010

What nasty habit? Drugs?

by Anonymousreply 6010/09/2010

At the New Yorker interview with Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens as week ago, Paul mentioned something about a "favor" he did for James Franco. He didn't elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 6110/10/2010

He's obsessed with queer culture! Obsessed!

In his writings/essays/poetry.

in his short films.

In his art.

the characters he plays in movies like like James Dean,Scott Smith,Allen Ginsberg..

He's also been seen in several glbt pride parade..

and appeared in Out,The Advocate and Candy magazines...

by Anonymousreply 6210/11/2010

What does it all mean?

by Anonymousreply 6310/11/2010

i'm not interested in all the rumors, innuendo, what someone's friend said, artys gay film interest, etc.%0D %0D QUESTION: has he sucked cock or had a cock up his ass? yes or no...

by Anonymousreply 6410/11/2010

I think he watched some gay sex when he was researching prostitution for "Sonny"

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2010

R64, yes. I don't think he's been going to those gay bars, or has that art curator boyfriend and his cock hasn't been used for something. It's James fuckin' Franco.

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2010

What does that mean, R66?

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2010

I just watched Howl and the movie is not all that great but Franco is excellent. He is the real deal. Gorgeous. He has the most beautiful mouth and really big hands too. He is rather hairless though.

by Anonymousreply 6810/13/2010

What about Kidman with Cruise and Keith Urban?

by Anonymousreply 6910/13/2010

James Franco is at least bisexual or even a closeted gay man. C'mon it's not THAT hard to tell he's not straight.

by Anonymousreply 7002/14/2011

James Franco is at least bisexual or a closeted gay man. C'mon it's not THAT hard to tell!

by Anonymousreply 7102/14/2011

Hello, "Guest". Is this your first time visiting DL?

by Anonymousreply 7202/14/2011

Westho pool party...likes his mouth on wet-suited peen.

by Anonymousreply 7302/14/2011

I don't care how he identifies sexually, all I know is everytime I've seen him on interviews. the look in his eyes and his manner tell me he's tasted cock.

by Anonymousreply 7402/14/2011

I only tasted cock when I had to do research for my role as a male prostitute in "Sonny".

by Anonymousreply 7502/14/2011

If he's a huge hit at the Oscars, will that delay his coming out or speed it up?

by Anonymousreply 7602/14/2011

Are you guy following James on Twitter? There is a picture that is kind of icky.

by Anonymousreply 7702/21/2011

James will be tweeting about the Oscars this week. It's so exciting, I may faint

by Anonymousreply 7802/22/2011

James sleeping with-his cats!%0D %0D It's so exciting I may faint

by Anonymousreply 7902/23/2011

Even if he isn't biologically gay, I think he should come out anyway. He's flirted with us, taken our culture and our representatives and in return, he belongs to us. He needs to come out, I don't give a fuck if he's straight or not. He belongs to our community now. Little boys shouldn't play with matches if they don't intend on getting burmed.

by Anonymousreply 8002/23/2011

R80 did you really just compare being gay to getting burned?

by Anonymousreply 8102/23/2011

This is even more exciting than James sleeping with his cats.%0D %0D James and Anne will be singing an dancing in a scene from "Grease".%0D %0D Just Watch. Im so excited that I'm fainting again.

by Anonymousreply 8202/23/2011

No, r81 , I think r80 was pointing out the hypocrisy of somebody who is such a closet case mining gay culture and history to further his own career, all the while playing "la la, it's the theory of sexuality that interests me."

by Anonymousreply 8302/23/2011

Epitome of bi, right R1?

by Anonymousreply 8402/23/2011

Oh, god, it's the "Epitome of Bi" troll!!!

by Anonymousreply 8502/23/2011

yo

by Anonymousreply 8602/23/2011

You all are such dopes. Have you never met a cool smart straight guy in his 20s living in the USA in the past 5 years? ALL those guys are interested in Queer Theory and, like, oh, wow, "gender issues." It makes them feel cool to study that stuff. They're ALL drawn to it. And chicks dig them for it. And they've all kissed their best friend or their sister's boyfriend at a rave when they were 16. Some of you queens need to get out of the house more often! Put down the art deco phallus and dry the lube off your grubby fingers and go meet people who actually live in the world. "A guy who is interested in queer theory" is what "straight" means in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 8702/23/2011

The Grease clip is a 8 on the cuteness factor but I'm not wowed. If Travolta and ONJ show up in the scene, then I would be wowed.

by Anonymousreply 8802/23/2011

I knew he was a cat person

by Anonymousreply 8902/23/2011

""A guy who is interested in queer theory" is what "straight" means in 2011."

Could you translate that into English please?

by Anonymousreply 9002/23/2011

R41 A higher proportion of bisexuals than in the general population?

by Anonymousreply 9202/23/2011

At least he is not singing that horrible "remember me" monstacity.

by Anonymousreply 9402/23/2011

Hey, 41, if that's the list, how come no fat, ugly guys are on it? In Hollywood, only great looking guys are gay? How about Seth Rogen, Franco's "sidekick"? Why isn't he gay? Or the other Apatow guys? Jason Segel or that "sexy" Jonah Hill? Or how about that hot Danny MacBride? Franco's the only gay one? Or is he the only good lucking one who's not intimidated by gay roles and culture? Give me a break. I'm not saying he would turn down a guy, but talk about exclusionary. Why don't you put out a REAL list with guys that aren't just your fantasy?

by Anonymousreply 9502/23/2011

[quote]he's in the generation and socio/economic and education-level category of kids who don't think that doing same-sex stuff in a flirty or stoned-at-a-frat-party-way means you're gay%0D %0D Which reminds me, I wish I had a dime for every time Mark Hoppus on his weekly talk show on Fuse commented on (or asked one of his male guests about) some other male musician being "dreamy."%0D

by Anonymousreply 9602/23/2011

"Kids engage in all kinds of same-sex flirtation and activity these days, all the while thinking of themselves as basically straight."

I'm not sure if that's quite as common as you think. I would think that especially among straight guys that sort of behavior would be reprimanded.

by Anonymousreply 9702/24/2011

by Anonymousreply 9902/24/2011

"Have you never met a cool smart straight guy in his 20s living in the USA in the past 5 years?"%0D %0D R87 are you crazy?!? 99.99% of the straight men in that age range are bloated and have bad hygiene. They are hardly the dynamos you describe.

by Anonymousreply 10002/24/2011

"Why don't you put out a REAL list with guys that aren't just your fantasy?"

Why don't you make a list of guys you want to be straight?

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10102/24/2011

Sorry, boys -- he likes pussy.

by Anonymousreply 10202/24/2011

"99.99% of the straight men in that age range are bloated and have bad hygiene."

What about the good-looking, well-groomed straight guys out there?

by Anonymousreply 10302/24/2011

Isn't he only into trade?

by Anonymousreply 10402/24/2011

That must be his kitties Sammy and Zelda. His place looks very messy. Also, bad posture for the neck.

My question. Who goes around snapping pics of him sleeping all the time?

by Anonymousreply 10502/25/2011

He and uber hot Canadian actor Xavier Dolan shared a hotel room in NYC last month.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 10602/25/2011

He's been uploading narcissistic poseur shots on twitter. Shame when somebody smashes your illusions.

by Anonymousreply 10702/25/2011

Oh, then it MUST be true, r9. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10802/25/2011

Xavier Dolan:

by Anonymousreply 10902/25/2011

He posted a pic of the porcelain throne.

by Anonymousreply 11002/25/2011

OMG R106. That is some dish. Tell us more!

Xavier Dolan isn't just an actor, he's also a writer-director who, at age 21, has already made two acclaimed films. His second, Heartbeats, opens in NYC today and is fantastic. It's about two hipster best friends, a male and a female, who fall in love with the same guy. It should be unbearably twee and pretentious, but it's a really stylish, fun movie. Dolan is a very talented kid -- and, yes, he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 11102/25/2011

Xavier is openly gay

by Anonymousreply 11202/25/2011

"My question. Who goes around snapping pics of him sleeping all the time?"

It's probably Vince J aka "V" his long-term bf and Business partner...They have an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 11302/25/2011

"It's probably Vince J aka "V" his long-term bf and Business partner...They have an open relationship."

I'm open to believing that. It would make sense with other things about James.

by Anonymousreply 11502/25/2011

I heart how James uses the word "y'all" in the YouTube savannah interview.

He's so tweet.

by Anonymousreply 11602/25/2011

[quote]"Have you never met a cool smart straight guy in his 20s living in the USA in the past 5 years?"

Yes.

And James Franco is not straight.

by Anonymousreply 11702/25/2011

Oh, r117, prove to me that he's had your dick in his mouth, repeatedly, when he wasn't drunk, and he knew your name.

by Anonymousreply 11802/25/2011

I never understood how someone who is as uninteresting and dull as James Franco can generate such interest among the gay community. What exactly is it that gets you guys going about him?

by Anonymousreply 11902/25/2011

I would think his girlfriend Ahna or his brother are taking the sleeping pictures.

by Anonymousreply 12002/25/2011

R119, James is always doing something interesting?

What are other male celebs doing that is better?

by Anonymousreply 12102/25/2011

His brother Dave pings more than James. Any one know if Dave is gay?

by Anonymousreply 12202/25/2011

He does a mean Cher imitation--just saying

by Anonymousreply 12302/25/2011

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 12402/25/2011

I think it's time for James to tell us about his cock.

by Anonymousreply 12502/25/2011

R80, that is the sweetest, most moving thing I've heard in a long time...

by Anonymousreply 12602/25/2011

R106, R109, but Nolan is only 21

by Anonymousreply 12702/25/2011

I meant Dolan

by Anonymousreply 12802/25/2011

r121, tell me please - what does he do that is so interesting? General Hospital?

by Anonymousreply 12902/25/2011

No, R129, a film called 127 hours for example, for which he's received an oscar nod.

by Anonymousreply 13002/25/2011

Is James on General Hospital right now?

by Anonymousreply 13102/25/2011

They should have Franco fuck Sonny Corinthos on GH.

Sonny's ploughed through every pussy in Port Charles, so it's time for some new frontiers. He has sexual issues which need exploration and I think Franco could initiate them with some fellatio.

Don't call me crazy. This is a man who shot his wife in the head as she birthed his son!!! .......

by Anonymousreply 13202/25/2011

r130, doesn't mean a damn thing. Lots of other people have Oscar nods. What EXACTLY is it that makes Franco so interesting? %0D %0D And, r132, the gay subtext played out between Franco and Steve Burton was obviously done on purpose. But as a GH watcher, I hated every minute Franco was onscreen because he did nothing to make the show ... interesting.

by Anonymousreply 13302/25/2011

What's the big goddamned deal about James Franco, anyway?

Dude, I just say 127 HOURS. What the hell? Why make that movie? Here's the sum total of Franco's performance:

Aaarrrrrgghhh uhhhhhh gwaaaaggghh.

by Anonymousreply 13402/26/2011

R134 = Jake G., jealous that his career is on the way down

by Anonymousreply 13502/26/2011

I mean, seriously: Did you like 127 HOURS?

by Anonymousreply 13602/26/2011

It looks like somebody liked it, considering it's been nominated for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 13702/26/2011

r137, that's an answer? Duh, I guess I figured that someone must have liked his movie, or at least him in his movie, or he would not have been nominated.

Are you being deliberately hostile?

I just wondered if anybody here actually liked the film.

by Anonymousreply 13802/26/2011

I liked the movie but I didn't cry.

by Anonymousreply 13902/26/2011

R136, I loved it. I think it's brave and jazzy.%0D %0D Replying to other people on this thread: what makes Franco so important? It's his willingness to take risks, to learn, to do what he bloodywell wants to and not give a rat's arse what anyone thinks about him. Admirable

by Anonymousreply 14002/27/2011

I have no idea one way or another and I don't really care, but to those who ask how would coming out hurt him, here is a thought:

A closet gay man playing a straight man - happens all the time

An openly gay man playing a straight man - not all that successful except for NPH.

A straight man playing a straight man - yawn

A straight man playing gay characters, getting involved in gay causes, wearing drag with pride and a wink - That, my dear, is a cash cow.

by Anonymousreply 14102/27/2011

I guess the question is how much longer he can keep this routine up. Another year? Another 5 years? Eventually it will wear out.

by Anonymousreply 14202/27/2011

Anybody have a link to the Yale Daily News?%0D %0D See Franco's latest Twitter picture.%0D %0D Also, there is a telling video that he captured. They are all doing a rah rah before the Oscar show and uhm Franco gives a salute of a different kind.

by Anonymousreply 14303/01/2011

What is his deal?

by Anonymousreply 14403/01/2011

James has posted more of his paper bag artwork. Now there is a scrap with Anne's name and a scribble mark in the middle. Also more cat collages.

He's so exciting. He's the next Pollock.

by Anonymousreply 14503/04/2011

Who is the chickJames keeps filming? They are both being annoying.

by Anonymousreply 14603/05/2011

[quote]and I'm certainly not one who needs "proof,"

Good, because that would be hard to rpovide on an anonymous gossip board.

by Anonymousreply 14903/13/2011

I have a [male] friend who made out with James Franco. He actually thinks he's straight, but may not know what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 15003/13/2011

Anyone else find it amusing that former DL troll David Ehrenstein is fond of repeating that Franco and George Clooney are absolutely straight and that if they were gay they'd definitely be out because they're cool like that? Then he'll get huffy over some unknown on Glee refusing to come out. It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 15103/13/2011

watched the younger Greg Wise in The Buccaneers recently on netflix and was struck at the physical similarity with James Franco, they both have an almost Eurasian look, besides being dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 15203/14/2011

[quote]An openly gay man playing a straight man - not all that successful except for NPH.

And that's because NPH was firmly ensconced in the role when he came out. He would have NEVER been cast in that role if he were out already.

by Anonymousreply 15303/14/2011

I get the distinct impression that Franco likes to see himself as an "enigma" and stokes the questions regarding his sexuality to add to his "mystery", which isn't very mysterious at all. That issue aside, it seems that he may have overplayed his hand in his "sociology of fame", as Gaga put it.

The Oscars backfired on him, IMO, and he seems to be retreating a bit. He was the only one not to show for the F&G reunion at the Paley Center, although he sent a video comment slamming Hathaway. I thought the absence was odd as he consistently works with Apatow and Rogen. Only Segel seems to make snide cracks about him at times. At the reunion, there was a comment about how Franco was "method" in a scene with Busy Phillips, Apatow commented on he was the only one to get an Oscar nom, and Segel made a crack that Franco was just better looking than them. Love Segel but sense a bit of jealousy there.

by Anonymousreply 15403/14/2011

"he sent a video comment slamming Hathaway"

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 15503/14/2011

Franco has admitted that he was annoying and weird on the set of Freaks and Geeks.

by Anonymousreply 15603/14/2011

"I guess the question is how much longer he can keep this routine up. Another year? Another 5 years? Eventually it will wear out."%0D %0D Believe me. He has already reached that saturation point.

by Anonymousreply 15703/14/2011

He sent a video of him holding an IPAD with a picture of Anne H. on it and saying that they were in rehearsals for the Emmys and the NAACP Image Awards. Then he said to the IPAD, "do you have anything else to say, Anne" and he held it up to his face and made fake, whiny, girl voice and said "Love and Other Drugs is out on DVD". It was obviously a slam on her being a sellout or something.

The applause were deafening, so the first part was hard to hear but I think he told them all he loved them, etc. Besides Segel, he seems to have a nice thing going with Rogen and Apatow and Phillips said they talked through some wierd thing that happened on the set years ago. Segel definitely seems to have an issue with Franco but I love them both. Oh well, some people just don't get along.

by Anonymousreply 15803/14/2011

"It was obviously a slam on her being a sellout or something."

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 15903/14/2011

He was imitating her hawking her DVD. He was making fun of her with the fake voice and obvious interest in selling DVDs, not creating "art", like him. Note sarcasm on my part.

by Anonymousreply 16003/14/2011

Did some idiot say AGAIN, that a gay man could not play a straight man? Because if you did, I would really like to beat the shit out of your dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 16203/14/2011

I think they meant a gay may was far less likely to be cast as a straight guy, not that they shouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 16303/15/2011

To [146] sorry it's a late reply but the chick's name is Nina Ljeti a 20 year old NYU film student from Canada whom Franco has reportedly been with/dating/banging/using for over a year. At one time there was a huge discussion about her on a fansite where students from NYU were commenting about it. Supposedly he targets very young unknown girls (and maybe guys?) at the colleges he attends to take care of his 'needs' in addition to his own velvet hand. I think Vince handles the confidentiality contract issues with said young things. But he was also seen a few months back with a hot male model-looking guy, reportedly holding hands, canoodling in a union square coffee shop known to host lots of models. I think Franco just enjoys the buffet wherever he is.

by Anonymousreply 16406/05/2011

I've heard that Franco's a deeply closeted bisexual or gay man and addicted to drugs.

None of this is surprising.

by Anonymousreply 16509/26/2011

Ask him yourself: 818-300-6254

by Anonymousreply 16605/15/2012

Asheville Scene

Franco and the 'Spring Breakers'

James Franco, the serial student and studly movie star, showed up at the Toronto International Film Festival last week with his four young co-stars dressed to the nines, while Franco sported a leather jacket and a T-shirt. But it wasn’t just any T-shirt.

While starlets Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Rachel Korine and Ashley Benson strutted around in form-fitting dresses of lace and leopard print by designers like Dolce & Gabbana, Franco proudly showed off a blue Warren Wilson College shirt. Some might say he was woefully underdressed. Others might say he was just mad repping the get-your-hands-in-the-dirt school out in Swannanoa.

Franco is a Warren Wilson student who has finished his master of fine arts degree in poetry and is currently working on his MFA in fiction. College spokesman Ben Anderson said “we're glad anytime one of our alumni wears a Warren Wilson College T-shirt, regardless of how much attention it attracts.”

Franco and crew were drumming up press for “Spring Breakers,” a new flick out soon about a drug dealer who bails out four young women who land in jail after robbing a restaurant to pay for their spring get-away.

by Anonymousreply 16709/13/2012

BUMP!

by Anonymousreply 16811/14/2012

James Franco created a character named James Franco. In order to make a rather uninteresting and unlikable character more compelling, he has deliberately kept us in the dark about his sexuality. He teases and hints and plays all kinds of games, knowing it gets far more attention than telling the truth.

It works, and as long as it does he's unlikely to change anything.

by Anonymousreply 16911/14/2012

Can this become the new Keanu is a mess thread since they are so similar.

Come on DL we need a Keanu thread.

by Anonymousreply 17011/24/2012

It's gotten old. He killed the mystic with that terrible Oscar-hosting gig. He's done.

by Anonymousreply 17111/25/2012

bnumpity

by Anonymousreply 17212/06/2012

ames Franco: Serious image is 'draining'

James Franco thinks being serious is 'draining'.

The 34-year-old actor - who is also an accomplished author, artist and university lecturer - admits trying to impress the public is tiring and he has now decided to take on projects for himself, despite what others may think.

When asked who the real James Franco is, he replied: 'I don't think I'm one or the other. I love the academic world but I also like being silly. When a serious image becomes a part of your life, it was be draining.

'I guess it comes from wanting people to like you. I don't know [if I'm liked]. I've been involved in projects that people enjoyed, and I'm grateful. But now I feel free to do projects for more artistic reasons.'

One of his personal interests is gay culture, which he has explored through several film roles - including Gus Van Sant's 'Milk' - and his own experimental visions.

However, James insists he doesn't pick the parts deliberately and he instead tries to put across a bigger message which everyone can relate to.

Referring to his fascination with the society, he told Britain's Marie Claire magazine: 'In some cases it's accidental. I didn't do 'Milk' to play a gay character - it was a great film by my favourite film-maker.

'The equality message doesn't just apply to gay culture, it applies to everyone. I try to highlight dynamics, engaging with them in a way that helps people look at them differently.'

by Anonymousreply 17304/06/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if James' dick had been in Dave's mouth or boyhole at some point.

by Anonymousreply 17404/06/2013

r174, don't be so vile and perverted. Sick thought.

by Anonymousreply 17504/06/2013

R174

You know it wouldn't surprise me...

by Anonymousreply 17604/06/2013

Do the Franco brothers have even more gayness than the Jonas do? Cause I think the only vaguely attractive Jonas is of course straight.

The eldest Franco is out, James is at least bisexual and I can't see the one who actually uses moisturiser, Dave being straight.

Speaking of incest, R174 is on to something. Joe totally dry humps his brother.

by Anonymousreply 17704/06/2013

R177

Well that was interesting...however I don't think it comes out as incestuous. It's brotherly love.

Now the Franco brothers seem a bit more raunchy imo.

by Anonymousreply 17804/06/2013

Do we have a picture of r175? Yes, here it is:

by Anonymousreply 17904/07/2013

The eldest Franco is out, James is at least bisexual and I can't see the one who actually uses moisturiser, Dave being straight.

Which Franco are you talking about, r177?

[italic]James Franco is the eldest of three sons 2 younger brothers; Tom (Thomas)and David[/italic]

James was a loner in high school and teased by the popular girls who spread rumors of his alleged gayness. Dave, was popular with the girls, voted "best looking" and seems comfortably straight.

by Anonymousreply 18004/07/2013

The middle Franco brother, Tom, is actually straight and doesn't have to beard since he's not in showbiz. James and Dave are also publicly straight so the only debate is whether James is in the closet or not.

From Tom's bio:

[quote]In January 2010, Tom's life partner Julia Lazar joined the team, and has catapulted the art experience of Tom's adventures into the public eye through her live and social media abilities. She has also become a main collaborating artist with photography and curating live art events.

Tom's site linked

by Anonymousreply 18104/07/2013

He never sucked my cocks.

by Anonymousreply 18204/07/2013

Who even cares if James is bi or gay. He's really not even cute, he's ok looking at best.

Dave on the other hand, I'd love if he was gay(I know he's not...). Funny, good looking, and doesn't take himself too seriously. Plus he's pocket sized so you could carry him around in your purse while shopping.

by Anonymousreply 18304/07/2013

Dave has said he's straight.

James hasn't said he's straight but has said he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 18404/07/2013

What r183 said, except carrying Dave around in a purse.

by Anonymousreply 18504/07/2013

CDAN BI. Though this could be anyone JF was one of the guesses.

by Anonymousreply 18704/07/2013

"James Franco" is not a "very unusual" name.

by Anonymousreply 18804/07/2013

James's review of The Place Beyond the Pines was embarrassing. The movie basically has three parts and James only talked about Ryan Gosling's part. He gave him a fucking tongue bath.

by Anonymousreply 18904/07/2013

R189 Who wouldn't give Ryan Gosling a tongue bath?

by Anonymousreply 19004/07/2013

He is obviously bisexual from statements that he has made. He's said why do people have to be one or the other. In other words he is neither gay or straight. Bingo. He's bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 19104/07/2013

R183 Completely agree-James is not great looking and average at best when he's cleaned up. Dave looks much better.

by Anonymousreply 19204/07/2013

James seems to be crushing hard on Ryan Gosling if his review of 'The Place Beyond the Pines' is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 19304/07/2013

This guy is really annoying. Did you see him on Charlie Rose? Couldn't stop rambling and seemed really off. He killed his chances of being a real movie star because he overexposed himself and lacks mystery.He is a exhibitionist constantly looking for attention. Just take a look at his interview with Charlie Rose. After 10 minutes you want to slap him.

by Anonymousreply 19404/07/2013

Gosling doesn't even have much screen time in Pines.

by Anonymousreply 19504/07/2013

Both are closeted homos.

by Anonymousreply 19604/07/2013

Check this to see if there's any evidence of him wanting to fuck Gosling.

All I know is that he was extra creepy here especially with that tache and was a real douche. He did get Ryan to laugh at Jesse Eisenberg, whose intelligence he's clearly jealous of.

by Anonymousreply 19704/07/2013

R193 "Burning for Gosling"

lol so now we know James' type...

by Anonymousreply 19804/07/2013

Franco is a hypocrite. Goes out of his way to support gay rights, but won't come out as gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 19904/07/2013

Franco is the white male version of Jennifer Lopez.

Overexposed and slowly dismantling his own career out of jaded boredom. By the time he wakes up it'll be too late, just like the late Ms. Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 20004/07/2013

R200 that's a good comparison. They are both annoying and are jacks of all trades and masters of none. Oh, and both attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 20104/07/2013

In OZ, JF reminded me why I used to think he was very goodlooking, circa Spiderman era. He somehow got his looks back for OZ. Otherwise, he looks like he is not taking care of himsself.

by Anonymousreply 20204/07/2013

I can't stand Franco, but this made me laugh:

[quote]...The Drive Scorpion jacket; the Blue Valentine two-tone leather, I mean, come on giiiiiiirl; and here a red jacket, more nondescript than usual Gosling but still cool ...

LOL. James, if you want to fuck the guy just call him up and see if he's game.

by Anonymousreply 20304/08/2013

Haha that review was awesome. I hope Ryan read it.

by Anonymousreply 20404/08/2013

He probably has read it, I remember thinking he was gay back on Breaker High. I was a teen, and not remotely attracted to him. Now, Scott Vickaryous on the other hand...Yeah.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if they met up and fucked. Neither is really that attractive, both are totally overrated, perfect for each other.

by Anonymousreply 20504/08/2013

Ryan does it to me. James does not.

by Anonymousreply 20604/08/2013

The guy is a douche so I really hope he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 20704/08/2013

I don't buy that he's gay. Just don't. I don't have a horse in this race btw.

by Anonymousreply 20804/08/2013

What makes him a douche?

by Anonymousreply 20904/08/2013

I agree with R197 to a certain extent.He Does seem creepy in that video ,but I think he is trying to act like he is this deep intellectual actor.

BTW, his Brother is way hotter than him.Not the long haired brother with the blog, but his brother Dave Franco is hot!!!

by Anonymousreply 21004/08/2013

FRANco is straight. Nice try, guys!

by Anonymousreply 21104/08/2013

yeah, straight woman!

by Anonymousreply 21204/08/2013

He's not gay, he's just playing us. A lot of celebs do that. It's trendy.

by Anonymousreply 21304/08/2013

Go to Huffpost and read his review of Ryan Gosling's movie and think again.

by Anonymousreply 21404/08/2013

Fangurl R213, yes its very "trendy" to suck cock on DL. Always been, always will be. James just takes the glass closet to the new level!

by Anonymousreply 21504/08/2013

James Franco in and out of drag with his 'Spring Breakers' co-star and girlfriend(?) Ashley Benson making their own music video.

by Anonymousreply 21604/08/2013

He's gay. Privately identifies as bisexual but leans gay. A lot of men do it. You're just uninformed if you think he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 21704/09/2013

He'll come out when he writes his bio at age 65.

by Anonymousreply 21804/09/2013

He's a douche

by Anonymousreply 21904/10/2013

Naw, he is not gay. So much unsubstantiated wishing on this board.

by Anonymousreply 22004/26/2013

James Franco is getting an award from a bunch of love-stricken queens at the Miami Gay Film Festival.

by Anonymousreply 22104/26/2013

His sexual orientation is douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 22204/26/2013

Dave Franco likes nipple play.

by Anonymousreply 22304/26/2013

Dave is hot!

by Anonymousreply 22404/27/2013

R225 needs her meds!

by Anonymousreply 22605/01/2013

Nutjob r225 is right, unfortunately. Hetero is the default.

by Anonymousreply 22705/01/2013

R227, are you in the same hospital?

by Anonymousreply 22805/01/2013

Oz has made over $228 million in North America

by Anonymousreply 22905/06/2013

it is a hit for sure

by Anonymousreply 23005/10/2013

Oz will always be an awful movie no matter how much money it makes.

by Anonymousreply 23105/10/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 23205/10/2013

If it had bombed, you would have blamed Franco.

by Anonymousreply 23305/10/2013

Yes, R233, we would have. Then you would have stamped your foot and put your fists on your hips and told us we were all just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 23405/10/2013

Ah Judy...

by Anonymousreply 23505/10/2013

Did his massive star power make Spring Break a hit?

by Anonymousreply 23605/14/2013

James shows off his sexy soles in the latest issue of Complex magazine.

by Anonymousreply 23705/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 23805/14/2013

His new film is getting raves.

by Anonymousreply 23905/20/2013

R57 I don't think that's true. Apparently, Vince has a baby.

by Anonymousreply 24005/27/2013

I wanna see "This is the End"

by Anonymousreply 24106/03/2013

Hey, it was his birthday yesterday! Happy birthday, James!

by Anonymousreply 24206/14/2013

[quote]Hey, it was his birthday yesterday! Happy birthday, James!

Do you know how to read? It' was his brother DAVE'S birthday.

by Anonymousreply 24306/14/2013

R242 James is an Aries. It means he can't have a June birthday!

Which reminds me who is compatible with James' zodiac sign?

by Anonymousreply 24406/14/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 24506/14/2013

R245 and Leo. To a lesser extent, Aquarius and Gemini.

by Anonymousreply 24606/14/2013

Are there still any fangurls delusional enough to believe James Franco is 100% straight? Even James Franco doesn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 24706/14/2013

r247 little brother Dave doesn't believe it either. Dave looks over his shoulder and sees him as he's fucking his ass.

by Anonymousreply 24806/15/2013

This is the End is a hot.

by Anonymousreply 24906/17/2013

Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:23 pm | Updated: 6:09 pm, Thu Jun 27, 2013.

Tim Clodfelter/Winston-Salem Journal

A casting call for a new James Franco movie has been canceled, and the future of the project is unclear.

“The plug has been pulled on ‘Garden of Last Days’ so there will be NO auditions on Sunday!” Phil Newsome, one of the owners of Altair Casting and Production Services LLC in Winston-Salem, said in an email message to the media on Thursday afternoon. He confirmed that the plug had been pulled on both the film and the auditions, but could provide no other details.

Altair was to hold an open casting call Sunday for the film, which was scheduled to be shot in the Winston-Salem area starting July 10.

Calls to an office associated with the film were not immediately returned.

Initial news reports on national movie industry sites had the film being shot in the New York City area before the casting call in Winston-Salem was announced. It is not clear whether the film has been canceled outright, is moving locations, is being delayed, or something else.

Franco was scheduled to direct the film and possibly co-star in it as well, with a cast including Emilia Clarke, one of the stars of HBO’s “Game of Thrones.”

Franco has been very busy lately. He stars in the apocalyptic comedy “This is the End,” which is now in theaters, and directed and stars in the movie “As I Lay Dying,” which made its debut at the Cannes Film Festival last month. He has several other films listed as being in postproduction or pre-production on the Internet Movie Database. And on Monday, Franco started a crowdsourcing campaign at Indiegogo.com to help raise money for three movies based on stories from “Palo Alto,” his 2011 collection of short stories.

by Anonymousreply 25006/27/2013

He seems like such a little demanding diva.

by Anonymousreply 25106/27/2013

He's going for the women and the gay men, as an audience that is. And that's a very big audience when it comes to male heartthrobs. Brilliant strategy.

by Anonymousreply 25206/27/2013

I don't know whether to commend him on striking while the iron is hot with his 1,001 films every year, or tell him to fucking calm down.

by Anonymousreply 25306/27/2013

;

by Anonymousreply 25407/07/2013

James Franco is interesting. His looks are average in some ways, beautiful in other ways. He has a winning smile, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 25508/29/2013

Now Dave, on the other hand... woof...

by Anonymousreply 25608/29/2013

He cleans up well in those Gucci fragrance commercials. They must have made him bathe.

by Anonymousreply 25708/29/2013

For James Franco, having the honor of working for him in his latest film is greater than making any money.

The "127 Hours" star is directing a movie called "The Sound and the Fury" and his search for a female lead led to a casting call being sent out — one that offered low pay and said employment by Franco "in itself can be considered great currency.”

According to the call obtained by RadarOnline, the movie will be a feature film that will take 13 days to shoot and operate on a low Screen Actors Guild budget.

“[Franco] is a fantastic director and quite loyal to his actors!! This story is both deep and rich!” the casting call reportedly reads.

The role for the film — which is based on William Faulkner's novel — is for an African American woman between the ages of 45 and 60. The actress would play Dilsey, "one of the black servants of the Compson Family."

by Anonymousreply 25808/29/2013

In the past year, Franco has used the crowdfunding program Indiegogo to try to raise $500,000 to make three films based on his own short stories.

by Anonymousreply 25908/29/2013

I keep getting a stupid ad of someone punchung Franco.

by Anonymousreply 26008/30/2013

Cue Viola/M joke at r258

by Anonymousreply 26108/30/2013

oops? what? did I miss my cue?

I'm at the second act of The Trip to Bountiful and must have dosed off a bit. Viola looks quite old and tired in this. The poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 26208/30/2013

Franco plays with cultural theory and uses it like Matthew Barney does. Both uninterest me. Both are overrated. But I came across something Franco had written. He's not dumb and he has mastered culturespeak. So to answer your question, R2, it was in Cinema Studies I think.

by Anonymousreply 26308/30/2013

This thread is supposed to be about gay James Franco. I want FIRSTHAND accounts. Stay on topic, PLEASE.

Ugh. Once again now, more stories about how you know he fucks dudes.

by Anonymousreply 26408/30/2013

In case it needs clarification, I include queer theory in cultural theory. Franco has more than the former in his arse-nal so I thought I'd give him that.

by Anonymousreply 26508/30/2013

I think Franco did the film production course at NYU. I think he got a degree. (the only one of his many master's programs that he actually finished.)

by Anonymousreply 26608/30/2013

He's like the Mickey Rooney of the 21st century. He's always around doing something, but never doing anything great. The epitome of blah.

by Anonymousreply 26708/30/2013

Seth Rogen:

“In all seriousness, he is a very hardworking actor. He once told me he worked for 36 hours straight, which I don’t believe — the straight part, obviously.”

by Anonymousreply 26809/01/2013

Can't we send him to England? If we have to put up with Piers Morgan, let them take James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 26909/03/2013

He' a fucking tease. One of these days he's going to get it good. I think he has a very gay fetish. He's done it.

by Anonymousreply 27011/14/2013

cut off his penis, feed it to the donkeys!

by Anonymousreply 27111/14/2013

As someone who has hung out with co-workers of actors/actresses, I can say that James Franco gets really compulsive trying to get someone's (he likes) attention.

by Anonymousreply 27211/14/2013

Not sure if High or Shy, but i'd totally fuck him if given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 27311/16/2013

Ok, so no one has any gay stories.

by Anonymousreply 27411/16/2013

I think he is gay, just hiding in plain sight. A fucking tease as well.

by Anonymousreply 27511/17/2013

I know women he's bedded, no men. I think he plays on the gay for media attention and to start speculation about him. But I say straight. My question is why does he always look high on red carpets? Is he a big time pot head?

by Anonymousreply 27611/17/2013

He's definitely gay, even though I don't want someone like that on our team. Anyone who can't see it is blind. Wentworth Miller did a better job of hiding in the closet than him. Too many incidents and stories to discount.

by Anonymousreply 27711/17/2013

My personal observation of James is that he is really sexual but also really dysfunctional (he is a heavy drug user, and he goes in and out of dealing well with his increasing level of fame).

I don't buy the "I wish I was gay" line because he has experimented with anything and everything. I don't think he wants to self-identify with being gay, straight or even bisexual. He's an academic but needs an editor and 24-7 supervision, much like a child.

by Anonymousreply 27811/17/2013

I think he and Vince are "married/together" and have a child.

by Anonymousreply 27911/17/2013

Who is Vince?

by Anonymousreply 28011/17/2013

Vince Jolivette, Franco’s roommate and general right-hand man (he runs Franco’s production company and plays bit parts in many of his films), met Franco in acting class in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 28111/17/2013

I really don't get him.

by Anonymousreply 28211/17/2013

R278, what exactly did you observe (if you can possibly spill it without giving yourself away)? I understood James to be a recovering alcoholic (heard about him attending gay AA meetings, for what that's worth) but not a drug user, unless you count alcohol and Starbucks.

Douchey dilletante he may be, but he's without peers or precedent re: the homo obsession. It'd piss me off if he turned to in fact be straight; it'd tickle me if he truly was one of them queers.

by Anonymousreply 28311/21/2013

Vince has a baby daughter, but there is no picture indicating who the mother is or that he's in a relationship with the mother.

Vince's Facebook profile says that he is interested in women.

by Anonymousreply 28411/22/2013

Are you not counting marijuana or other party drugs as drugs? James has been looking really rundown lately ... completely unhealthy. He has HIV? Something is odd with him, beyond Redbulls and caffeine.

by Anonymousreply 28511/22/2013

Speaking as a bisexual here...I think James is a bisexual narcissist. I think he's mostly attracted to anyone who will flatter his ego.

by Anonymousreply 28611/22/2013

I bet he would be a lousy boyfriend. Could you imagine being with someone who did nothing but talk about themselves and "art" 24/7? How dull.

You never hear him talk about current events, charity work, politics, or anything that isn't about him or "art".

by Anonymousreply 28712/10/2013

James Franco is gay. And his family and friends know that. He is dating with Vince Jolivette. Even, they have a kid. He'll admit soon.

by Anonymousreply 28812/17/2013

He was amazing in Pineapple Express--kept in character (or himself?) of clueless, sweet stoner in an underrated film and performance. 'I hate lingerers', heh. Needed a lot of editing (subplots with cops, especially, and more with Amber Heard would have helped) but the bromance with Rogan and Danny McBride was improv genius.

by Anonymousreply 28912/17/2013

Vince is seven years older than James.

More acceptable for the sensitive souls at DL?

by Anonymousreply 29012/17/2013

James and Vince have sure been together a long tine. I remember back in '07 or '08, Vince came to visit my acting studio in Sherman Oaks. He was introduced as James Franco's "partner" and I wondered if they were partners in more ways than just filmmaking.

If they really are together, I wonder if they have an open relationship?

Who is the mother of Vince's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 29112/17/2013

[R291] "if they were partners in more ways than just filmmaking."

Why did you say that? They have flirted or another thing like that?

by Anonymousreply 29212/18/2013

It's what r288 said. Care to elaborate, r288?

by Anonymousreply 29312/18/2013

R287 It would be akin to dating Marc Kudisch.

by Anonymousreply 29412/18/2013

He's effing exhausting. I've never seen someone so obsessed with themselves and needing so much attention.

by Anonymousreply 29512/18/2013

They look like a married in this picture. Even they have a kid.

by Anonymousreply 29612/25/2013

R296 James looks like he hasn't showered in 2 weeks in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 29712/25/2013

James slept w a woman I know recently. R288 is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 29812/25/2013

What do you think about Henry Cavill and James Franco? Did they have sex or not? I think it could be.

by Anonymousreply 29901/18/2014

R296 Cute

by Anonymousreply 30001/18/2014

He is not gay. Perhaps, quasi-bi.

by Anonymousreply 30201/18/2014

[quote]James looks like he hasn't showered in 2 weeks in that picture.

My first thought when seeing the picture.

by Anonymousreply 30301/18/2014

Not gay, never was gay, never will be.

by Anonymousreply 30401/18/2014

He's omni-sexual.

by Anonymousreply 30501/18/2014

why does he go out of his way to ruin his good looks?

by Anonymousreply 30601/18/2014

yes, r306, I also wonder why he does that.

by Anonymousreply 30701/18/2014

H

by Anonymousreply 30801/20/2014

When Franco was reviewing movies for Huffpo, he attended the Superman premiere but said he couldn't approach Cavil for a comment because he probably dislikes him since he was an asshole to him when they shot a movie together back in the day. I'm assuming Franco was rude to Cavil who was nobody at the time. I don't think they had sex.

The Gyllenhaal rumor came from an insider, though.

by Anonymousreply 30901/22/2014

This is the Franco I prefer.

by Anonymousreply 31001/22/2014

[quote]This is the Franco I prefer.

I want to believe that Dave Franco and Zac Efron had a thing during the shoot of their movie.

To me Dave seems much more interesting than James although I can't deny that James is very charming, too. He was hilarious in 30 Rock with his body pillow lover few years back.

by Anonymousreply 31101/22/2014

I think that gender is not an important aspect of James Franco's choice of sex partners.

by Anonymousreply 31201/22/2014

Straight, straight, straight.

by Anonymousreply 31301/22/2014

Not, not, not.

by Anonymousreply 31401/24/2014

Just saw his movie Interior Leather Bar. It was not what I expected. It was 70% documentary, showing background filming, JF talking about why sex is taboo on film, choosing actors, etc. The 30% of actual recreation was lackluster viewing.

The actor portraying the Al Pacino character was kind of awful and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 31601/26/2014

Is James Franco naturally smooth or does he have laser light surgery?

by Anonymousreply 31701/28/2014

He's insane, but I can't help it.

I love him.

by Anonymousreply 31801/28/2014

I think that James is pan-sexual.

by Anonymousreply 31901/29/2014

There have been a few blind items about him, but nothing publicly proven.

by Anonymousreply 32002/14/2014

Has he started rehearsals yet for Of Mice and Men?

by Anonymousreply 32102/14/2014

He needs to present hole!

by Anonymousreply 32202/14/2014

[quote]To me Dave seems much more interesting than James

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 32302/14/2014

Why do you hope he's gay, OP? You sound like a 13-year-old boy.

by Anonymousreply 32402/14/2014

The NY Times just posted an open letter that James wrote about Shia La Boeuf.

THE recent erratic behavior of Shia LaBeouf, the 27-year-old actor best known as the star of the “Transformers” movies, has sent the press into a feeding frenzy. Though the wisdom of some of his actions may seem questionable, as an actor and artist I’m inclined to take an empathetic view of his conduct.

Let’s review the facts. First, in December, Mr. LaBeouf was accused of plagiarism after critics noted similarities between “Howard Cantour.com,” a short film he created, and a story by the graphic novelist Daniel Clowes. Though Mr. LaBeouf apologized on Twitter, conceding that he had “neglected to follow proper accreditation,” it turned out that the apology itself appropriated someone else’s writing. Was that clever or pathological?

Then, earlier this month, with these actions focusing the tabloid gaze on him, he wore a paper bag over his head that read “I am not famous anymore” at the red-carpet premiere of his latest movie, “Nymphomaniac.” And last week he staged an art show called “#IAmSorry” that involved having him sit opposite visitors to a Los Angeles gallery while he wore a similar bag over his head and stared at them through cutout eye holes.

This behavior could be a sign of many things, from a nervous breakdown to mere youthful recklessness. For Mr. LaBeouf’s sake I hope it is nothing serious. Indeed I hope — and, yes, I know that this idea has pretentious or just plain ridiculous overtones — that his actions are intended as a piece of performance art, one in which a young man in a very public profession tries to reclaim his public persona.

Actors have been lashing out against their profession and its grip on their public images since at least Marlon Brando. Brando’s performances revolutionized American acting precisely because he didn’t seem to be “performing,” in the sense that he wasn’t putting something on as much as he was being. Off-screen he defied the studio system’s control over his image, allowing his weight to fluctuate, choosing roles that were considered beneath him and turning down the Oscar for best actor in 1973. These were acts of rebellion against an industry that practically forces an actor to identify with his persona while at the same time repeatedly wresting it from him.

At times I have felt the need to dissociate myself from my work and public image. In 2009, when I joined the soap opera “General Hospital” at the same time as I was working on films that would receive Oscar nominations and other critical acclaim, my decision was in part an effort to jar expectations of what a film actor does and to undermine the tacit — or not so tacit — hierarchy of entertainment.

As an actor, you are often in the uncomfortable position of being the most visible part of a project while having the least amount of say over its final form. In one of the most striking scenes in “I’m Still Here,” a 2010 film co-written by Joaquin Phoenix that purported to document his life as he retired from acting and became a hip-hop artist, Mr. Phoenix paced around his yard at night, ranting about the submissiveness of being an actor. Even if the conceit was ultimately a joke (and initially it wasn’t clear that it was, for Mr. Phoenix stayed in character in public throughout the filming), the movie was nonetheless earnest about an actor’s need to take back a little bit of power over his image by making such a film.

Any artist, regardless of his field, can experience distance between his true self and his public persona. But because film actors typically experience fame in greater measure, our personas can feel at the mercy of forces far beyond our control. Our rebellion against the hand that feeds us can instigate a frenzy of commentary that sets in motion a feedback loop: acting out, followed by negative publicity, followed by acting out in response to that publicity, followed by more publicity, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 32502/20/2014

(cont.)

Participating in this call and response is a kind of critique, a way to show up the media by allowing their oversize responses to essentially trivial actions to reveal the emptiness of their raison d’être. Believe me, this game of peek-a-boo can be very addictive.

Mr. LaBeouf has been acting since he was a child, and often an actor’s need to tear down the public creation that constrains him occurs during the transition from young man to adult. I think Mr. LaBeouf’s project, if it is a project, is a worthy one. I just hope that he is careful not to use up all the good will he has gained as an actor in order to show us that he is an artist.

by Anonymousreply 32602/20/2014

Maladies is another queer-themed movie he's done.

David Strathairn plays a queen, Catherin Keener plays a (drag) king.

I'm curious to see if his character has any queer tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 32702/20/2014

I'm glad he is supporting Shia but LaBeouf may have more serious personality problems.

by Anonymousreply 32802/20/2014

James is looking chunky. Needs to lay off the carbs.

by Anonymousreply 32902/20/2014

by Anonymousreply 33003/04/2014

by Anonymousreply 33103/22/2014

What's with him and Seth Rogen's fascination with Kim & Kanye? First the video spoof, and now they're spoofing the Vogue cover. It's getting kind of tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 33203/22/2014

HOLY SHIT! I just searched "Sean Cody" on Bing, and on the side, there was a snippet of the Wikipedia entry for SC with an image next to it...and the image is of James Franco. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 33304/25/2014

^ Does anyone else get the same result on Bing?

by Anonymousreply 33404/25/2014

LOL now that is funny! :P

He needs to make a movie with the Sean Cody guys.

by Anonymousreply 33504/25/2014

He is so gay.

by Anonymousreply 33605/15/2014

He is spending a lot of time in Brooklyn...not sure who with.

by Anonymousreply 33705/15/2014

Is he dating with Klaus Biesenbach?

by Anonymousreply 33805/16/2014

Wasn't he meant to be Ted C's Crotch Uh Lastic?

by Anonymousreply 33905/19/2014

Hilarious Review of is new "poems::

[quote]James Franco's poems: hard to forgive James Franco's first collection of poetry includes an ode to Heath Ledger and a poem in the voice of Lindsay Lohan

[quote]North Korea recently condemned the actor James Franco's upcoming film, The Interview, as "an act of terrorism and war". Let's hope they don't find out about his poems. Franco's debut collection, Directing Herbert White, is being published by Faber (yes, really). It's the latest artistic hand grenade to be lobbed by the Hollywood renaissance man who, aside from starring in films such as Pineapple Express, 127 Hours and Spring Breakers, is the author of short stories, a novel and some questionable journalism; director of the short film Dicknose in Paris, in which he walked around the French capital with a prosthetic phallus attached to his face; and painter of nudes of his co-star Seth Rogen (plagiarised, apparently intentionally, from another artist). His semi-drag recreations of Cindy Sherman's photography led New York Times critic Roberta Smith to call him "embarrassingly clueless about art". Everything Franco says and does is wreathed in a protective thicket of irony and "persona": even his cameo in the US soap opera General Hospital was presented as an attempt to "disrupt" the audience's suspension of disbelief. If that sounds a bit studenty to you, he was also enrolled in four graduate study programmes at the time. Introducing a poetry reading during the Chicago Humanities Festival, Franco said that his work was "trying to say something in addition to what's on the surface". A morbid obsession with doomed celebrity is a running theme. Inevitably, more than one poem alludes to Heath Ledger. "Ledger" is the most explicit about it.....

by Anonymousreply 34007/06/2014

He has hamster hands like the gays.

by Anonymousreply 34107/06/2014

Straight as they come.

by Anonymousreply 34207/06/2014

Few years ago Jake moved to New York.

Are James Franco and Jake Gyllenhaal dating?

Alexa Mittman ‏@alexa_mittman 21m And a guy who writes jokes for film scripts and claimed James Franco and Jake Gyllenhaal are dating...

by Anonymousreply 34308/14/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 34408/17/2014

I think James Franco and Zachary Quinto would make a great and hot couple! They must date.

by Anonymousreply 34509/23/2014

james franco's new movie "good people" is insufferable. gay or nor, he needs to disappear for a little bit

by Anonymousreply 34609/27/2014

James Franco may be having sex with his roommate Scott Haze whose gender is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 34711/09/2014

He will come out of the closet soon, i hope.

by Anonymousreply 34811/09/2014

Why does he keep doing every other movie with Seth Rogen? His career is a total joke these days with all these stupid movies lately.

by Anonymousreply 34911/09/2014

He had so much promise....sigh

by Anonymousreply 35011/16/2014

Hosting SNL

by Anonymousreply 35112/06/2014

He was really great the first time he hosted SNL when Pineapple Express (actually his best performance in a movie) was out.

But yeah, he really has become utterly egomaniacal, pretentious, and thoroughly uncool. I used to really care whether he was gay or not. Now I have practically zero interest in him.

by Anonymousreply 35212/07/2014

James Franco is like James Dean or Marlon Brando bi. He has had lots of homo sex but he is eccentric and will never let a label term come from his mouth. It will come out eventually of course just like James Dean. It's an opem secret

by Anonymousreply 35312/07/2014

R353, if you know more, you should share. Anonymously of course.

by Anonymousreply 35412/07/2014

I bet he's never had any sexual contact with a guy outside of acting. He just wants the pink dollars.

by Anonymousreply 35512/07/2014

R355

Oh but he has. He may have stopped fucking guys now, but he sure was when he was in college here on the east coast.

by Anonymousreply 35612/07/2014

[R356] detail, please! you had a sex with him?

by Anonymousreply 35712/20/2014

Two film legends and an American guy.

by Anonymousreply 35802/09/2015

Creepy how he keeps hanging out with Courtney love. Two psycho attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 35902/09/2015

I can back up R356

I have no idea whom he's fucking now but when I studied at NYU, he attended there (among other schools) and many of us there were aware that he was fucking guys and girls.

He wasn't OTT obvious about it but it was talked about.

by Anonymousreply 36002/09/2015

R360

Nice! Are there any more details? I've always said that this guy isn't 100% straight. Not sure what he is, but from what I've seen, he's simply not straight.

by Anonymousreply 36103/03/2015

He just looks like he has crabs. I'm sure someone he gave it to will end spilling on here.

by Anonymousreply 36203/03/2015

On a side-note (re:sexuality):

I watched an "American Masters" eposide about Alice Walker last night on PBS.

She spoke of her relationships with men and women (never knew she had a relationship with Tracy Chapman).

Anyway, she said very nonchalantly that she isn't straight, isn't gay, and isn't bisexual. She said that she is "curious" (not in the sense of being strange).

I think that James Franco falls into that category where his sexuality is concerned.

Just my own opinion.

by Anonymousreply 36303/03/2015

Is James a top or bottom if he's gay/bi?

by Anonymousreply 36403/03/2015

It's funny how James always plays the bottom/submissive role in the self-produced projects.

Subconsciously he must see himself as the submissive partner.

by Anonymousreply 36503/03/2015

R361

He's a better cocksucker than you would ever give him credit for.

R365

Uh yeah, "subconsciously."

by Anonymousreply 36603/04/2015

I don't believe he's gay, he'd absolutely love to be, and would have made a huge thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 36703/04/2015

Ive read Franco doesn't drink or do drugs, but he looks so bloated. He literally always looks drunk and like an alkie. Plus he looks like he smokes. Any info?

by Anonymousreply 36803/15/2015

He is so close to losing the last remnant of fuckability. The day after he reaches that point for good he will come out. And, knowing him as we do, it will be dramatic, original and a little stinky.

by Anonymousreply 36903/16/2015

Is James Franco, who devotes a striking amount of creative energy to gay-themed projects like Interior. Leather Bar and The Broken Tower and yet identifies as straight, gay-baiting or gay-engaged? Is he a hyperartistic closet case or just a really enthusiastic fan?

There's only one way to find out. In the March issue of Four Two Nine magazine, editor-in-chief Kevin Sessums convinced Franco to speak on the gay question in a novel and surprisingly effective way: The straight James Franco would interview the gay one.

Straight James: Let’s get substantial: are you fucking gay or what?

Gay James: Well, I like to think that I’m gay in my art and straight in my life. Although, I’m also gay in my life up to the point of intercourse, and then you could say I’m straight. So I guess it depends on how you define gay. If it means whom you have sex with, I guess I’m straight. In the twenties and thirties, they used to define homosexuality by how you acted and not by whom you slept with. Sailors would fuck guys all the time, but as long as they behaved in masculine ways, they weren’t considered gay.

by Anonymousreply 37003/17/2015

So what is he saying here? Because he doesn't have penetrative sex with a guy he's not gay? Because I've got news for him...

by Anonymousreply 37103/17/2015

by Anonymousreply 37203/17/2015

JF was quite good in "True Story." His and Jonah Hill's performances were very low octane but powerful.

by Anonymousreply 37304/25/2015

Sorry, R373, those two are way overexposed. I'll verify your claim in about ten years.

by Anonymousreply 37404/25/2015

100% straight

by Anonymousreply 37504/26/2015

I noticed he doesn't seem to work out. He briefly takes his shirt off in "True Story."

by Anonymousreply 37604/26/2015

True Story got slammed by the critics - it barely opened actually. How was the movie itself?

by Anonymousreply 37704/26/2015

I thought it was ok. It leaves a lot of questions, chiefly why did he do it? It seems the story is muddled.

by Anonymousreply 37804/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.