Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Republicans are mean, Democrats are lazy."

I heard a caller to a radio talk show say this. I'm a Democratic voter and sadly can't disagree too much. We don't get our asses out to vote nearly in the numbers that we should, and then we reap the consequences.

The "Republicans are mean" part is a moot point.

Is this caller's comment correct?

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013

"We don't get our asses out to vote nearly in the numbers that we should"%0D %0D %0D %0D And yet Democrats had better turnout than Republicans in 2006 and 2008. You're just a freeper troll trying to attack Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2010

No.%0D %0D "Republicans are mean. They're bullies. Democrats are the AV club kids, the drama kids, the band kids, that get beat up by the bullies."%0D %0D That's more accurate.%0D %0D Democrats are NOT lazy. They just stupidly walk on eggshells around the bullies trying not to trigger them.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2010

Which is why we need more Alan Graysons.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2010

[quote]Democrats are lazy%0D %0D The caller probably did not mean Dems are too lazy to vote. Most likely she meant that Dems are too lazy to work and want to live at government expense. This is the standard Repub meme, "Dems want to take your hard earn dollars to pay for their lazy base"%0D %0D And no it is not true.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2010

R4, all one has to look at is a map of the US showing who gets the most fed $ vs what they pay in taxes, and they'll see that the red states are the lazy assholes with their hands out for govt benefits.

This is why it sickens me that certain states with a small population and feed at the public trough (like Alaska) are allowed an equal voice in the Senate, particularly when that voice is one of low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2010

Perfectly stated, R4.%0D

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2010

Republicans are mean; Democrats are too nice.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2010

I think Democrats due to the diversity of groups and interests are more likely to feel disillusioned and ignored. Therefore less enthusiastic to vote. We are a sensitive lot and it works against us.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2010

Republicans are sadists, Democrats are masochists.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2010

Democrats have asked Congress to work longer hours than they did under George W. Bush. Are they working enough hours? NO, THEY ARE NOT. But they are certainly doing better than they were.%0D

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2010

Bill Maher tells it like it is:

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2010

good one, thanks, I love that guy, I know DL shits on him , but he's telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2010

Republicans are more than mean, they really have this ugly, angry fear-based energy that drives them. It is more "Me vs You" energy.%0D %0D Democrats, for the most part are just more conscious of the earth, of humanity and of the bigger picture. The "chicken little" fear just isn't really a factor in their personalities, from what I have observed. It is more "Us and We" energy.%0D %0D I don't want to say that all dems or all repubs are this way, but by far this has been my observation over the years.

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2010

Republicans are appealing to the lower-middle class working person who is tired of being taxed, while he sees millions of people who don't work and have no intention of getting work getting money for generations; they commit a huge percentage of the crime and produce bastards at an alarming rate. This is the Republican base :fearful and fed up.

by Anonymousreply 1410/04/2010

" I AM NOT A WITCH", 2010 American political ad. Holy fuck, we are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 1510/04/2010

R14, you forgot "ignorant" and "bigoted".%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1610/05/2010

Many Republicans didn't go into this thing bigoted, but the policies of the gov and the refusal of the lazy to take personal responsibility for themselves, but instead, depend on the Dems for handouts, has made them that way. Of course many are ignorant, as are many Dems. Both parties know their demographics and exploit them.

by Anonymousreply 1710/05/2010

[quote]but the policies of the gov and the refusal of the lazy to take personal responsibility for themselves%0D %0D ... or at least the constant repetition of the lie that everyone on unemployment or medicare were refusing or too lazy to take care of themselves...%0D %0D You're an asshole, R17.%0D

by Anonymousreply 1810/05/2010

By nature Democrats are also open-minded (liberal) and therefore able to see many sides of many issues. It's easier to be a Republican and just be told what to think.

by Anonymousreply 1910/05/2010

"By nature Democrats are also open-minded (liberal) and therefore able to see many sides of many issues. It's easier to be a Republican and just be told what to think."

Seriously? Are you kidding me? Lets get the record straight. There are ignorant, closed-minded people on both sides of every issue. And if its so easy to be Republican, then I guess it's easy to take personal responsibility for your life and realize that blaming others gets you nowhere in regards to personal growth and success. I also guess it means that Democratic parents don't tell their kids what to think. REALITY CHECK

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2013

Barney Frank (D): "We may not always be right, but they're crazy!".

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2013

I would change that phrase to "Republicans are mean, and Democrats are whimps".

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.