Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OK, I''m going to mow the lawn.

That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

I just got done mowing the lawn about an hour ago and I'm fucking wiped out now. I fucking HATE yard work! It takes an hour to mow the lawn and another hour to go around the edges of the yard and house with the weed trimmer. There is no better feeling than when you're done and you can take a cool shower afterwards.

I wish I could afford to pay someone to do this shit for me :( I need a nap now.

by Anonymousreply 105/05/2012

It's too hot here. I'd wait till tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2012

We've had a lot of rain lately and with my unpowered push mower (called "prisoner mowers" in some places) I first had to walk up and down the hill with the weed whacker to thin it out enough to push the mower through all the grass.

I'm tired too.

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2012

My husbear always lets me fuck him hard after I come in from mowing the lawn.

by Anonymousreply 405/05/2012

Hire a lawn service, it's so worth it.

by Anonymousreply 505/05/2012

My lawn needs to get moved. Kanye likes it long but I need a little trim once in awhile. Maybe a wax too.

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2012

Is the OP poor?

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2012

I mowed yesterday and spent all of today gardening, and I'm exhausted and happy.

Few things relieve stress for me as much as yard work.

Just me and the plants and the tools. And when people walk by, they often stop to ask about my plants or just say hello, so I've met a lot of neighbors while I garden.

by Anonymousreply 805/05/2012

OP, most gardeners in my area offer a "mow & blow" service -- nothing fancy, just simple maintenance such as you describe. For a small lot, they charge $25-35 per visit & you probably don't need more than twice a month during spring & summer, less often the rest of the year.

I agree with R5 that it's worth the cost. Cut back on something else if necessary & treat yourself instead to being relieved of this chore you really hate.

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2012

Has anyone noticed OP went out to mow his lawn more than a year and a half ago?

Everyone else bitching about mowing on this thread might be interested in your advice, R9, but OP is not likely here to read it.

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2012

R7 Yes. And in shitload of debt.

R9 Unfortunately, as I told R7, I have NO money to spare at this point in my life, so I'm pretty much stuck for now doing this shit on my own. Believe me, I only mow once every two weeks. No way do I do it more than I have to.

Another horrible thing is how bad my allergies get after doing yard work. I've been stuffed up and my right ear and throat are itchy now. If I wasn't in debt, I would definitely fork out $25 for someone else to do this shit.

by Anonymousreply 1105/05/2012

R10 I'm not OP, but I did sort of takeover this thread since I wanted to bitch about mowing and since this one had no replies, I just added on to it instead of starting a new thread.

Thank you all for listening to me bitch about how much I hate mowing the lawn!

by Anonymousreply 1205/05/2012

R11, I see gardeners wearing those little white masks that painters wear, just covering the nose & mouth -- kind of like a surgeon's mask. They're disposable & hardware stores sell them in bulk. At least cover your nose & mouth with a bandana like cowboys do, & wear safety goggles or even sunglasses to protect your eyes from the dust & pollen.

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2012

I just whacked off two times...

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2012

my lawn is infested with grubs. I just ordered beneficial nematodes online. I have had success with them in my garden, but this is the first time I am trying them on a saint Augustine lawn.

by Anonymousreply 1505/05/2012

It's been very wet out lately; we need to mow, but now it's like waiting for that brief period of sunshine and dry grass so you can get a cut in. I like the drier summers where you feel like you can mow at any time.

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2012

I live in an area where it's still frowned upon to mow your lawn on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2012

I'm a white mower! Three acres of lawn, and you know what? It's a pain in the ass. Last week my phone fell out of my pocket, didn't notice until I was finished...took me three hours to locate the damned thing. A friend called repeatedly over 100 times! Lucky it didn't get into the blades.

There are times that mowing is relaxing, it is all in the timing.

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2012

No yardwork for me today. It's 11 a.m. and storms are starting to move in. I can hear the distant thunder rumbling closer and closer. All my weekend chores are done and I'm going to make some tea, snuggle with the cat and read. With a light on, it's that dark out. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2012

No machinery on weekend, especially Sunday. It's incredibly rude and low classe.

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2012

NO NO NO

We can't have an OP posing as R1. It upsets the balance of nature.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2012

R19 Please tell me you have a riding lawn mower if you have 3 acres of grass?

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2012

Just in from mowing a bit too. We've got 8 acres of lawn, so it takes about 15 hours to do it all on the ride-on.

Just when you are finished with the lower pasture it is time to start again at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2012

I mow my own lawn too. I think of it as poor people gym. I also do my own washing and cleaning, but this keeps me busy and less likely to go out and spend money. See? Win win.

I do have to work outside covered from head to toe. White people and the sun don't work together.

by Anonymousreply 2505/06/2012

I mowed the lawn today and I fucking hate it. Everything R1 said is true. If I had the money to hire someone to do it I would, but I don't have the money right now. I can't stand all the noise from the mower and the weed trimmer and the sweating.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

Love mowing the lawn. The smell gets me horned up. Then a cold beer afterwards. A blowjob if my bud who likes to sniff my pits is available, to top it off.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

You missed a spot,OP.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

Be glad you have a nice lawn to mow. They had snow in Missouri and Colorado yesterday. No lawn mowing needed.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

You're very lucky, R27. Very lucky, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

I hired someone this year. Usually right about now is when I start my annual lawn obsession that drives me insane.

Every year I decide to create some stupid landscaping project to obsess and slave over as well. I'm not doing that either. I'll probably end up saving money this summer.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

I mowed my lawn for the first time this year on Monday. It looks great. Yardwork and gardening is therapeutic to me.

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

[quote]Be glad you have a nice lawn to mow. They had snow in Missouri and Colorado yesterday. No lawn mowing needed.

I actually prefer the winter and snow over summer and mowing the lawn. It's a lot quicker snow blowing the driveway than it is mowing an entire yard.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.