Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jamie Lee Curtis Whining About Plastic Surgery Again

Shut up, you talentless old bag. You're not getting any worthwhile parts because you're a talentless twit who only managed to get a career because of your surname. No wonder your new movie sucks.

"Fifty-one-year-old Jamie Lee Curtis is saying bye-bye to Botox and raising quite a few eyebrows with her stand against cosmetic surgery.

"There are people who, when you see them on the screen, there’s an audible gasp of ‘Oh my God,'" Curtis, currently starring in the comedy "You Again" tells the October issue of AARP magazine. "They look terrible - or they’ve done something to themselves and now look like freaks."

Curtis speaks from experience.

In a 1992 More magazine interview, in which she posed makeup-free in her underwear, revealed that she had undergone every type of plastic surgery and that "none of it works. None of it."

Ultimately, she has said, "It made me look worse and feel worse." Since then, she has been on a mission to make women realize that nips-and-tucks aren't necessary.

Despite her stance, Curtis admits that as an actress, looking older means less work.

'"There is only one Meryl Streep and one Sigourney Weaver. But I could name 30 other actresses in their [age] groups who aren’t working today," she says. "Me, I’m getting my a– out of this business in a few years because genetically it’s not going to work for me.”

by Anonymousreply 5602/20/2013

what is her stance on penis removal?

by Anonymousreply 109/26/2010

Cut the crap, JLC. The only reason you can afford to give up on Hollywood is because you get to live off of your mother's estate and your husband's nobility.

by Anonymousreply 209/26/2010

I don't think she's talentless. I think she's a good comedic actress.

by Anonymousreply 309/26/2010

She's had a hell of nice life, and not because of some amazing talent. There are millions of people who would kill to have her career.

by Anonymousreply 409/26/2010

That was NOT 1992 when she did that pic and interview. Off by about fifteen years, for chrissake.

Why do you all hate her? I think she's pretty candid and funny. She gave a great interview on CBS Sunday Morning recently, too.

by Anonymousreply 509/26/2010

At least I can shit, OP, instead of getting so backed up it all comes spilling out online.

by Anonymousreply 609/26/2010

Did her mother have any money to leave Jamie and her sister? Their mother didn't work for years.

by Anonymousreply 709/26/2010

Is it true that she was born with female and male sex organs and her parents had to choose her gender. She does look like a man. I've also read this about Drew Barrymore.

by Anonymousreply 809/26/2010

Read dl much, OP?

We say the same damn thing about over doing plastic surgery, but with much more snark.

by Anonymousreply 909/26/2010

Avoiding plastic surgery is actually a good career strategy.

She'll be over sixty in a few years, and will be able to play funny grandma roles, while her contemporaries will look like something out of a fire in a wax museum.

by Anonymousreply 1009/26/2010

Lol, OP has some serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 1109/26/2010

Exactly, R10. All those old actresses getting botoxed and lifted aren't getting work, anyway. At least Jamie will look normal.

by Anonymousreply 1209/26/2010

I hate when people who were really attractive with kicking bodies complain about the aging process and "discrimination" against them. In reality, she got a LOT of roles because of her name and her hot ass in her 20's and 30's.

Didn't hear her complain about the money and fame she got from her looks then.

The average person should have absolutely zero sympathy for this kind of drivel.

Don't complain when you lucked out in life on looks, family and money when the great equalizer (age) comes knocking on your door.

by Anonymousreply 1309/26/2010

She's only 51 so it will be um, about a DECADE before she is "in her 60's" playing those grandma roles.

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2010

What's wrong with what she said, OP? She's right about so many actresses starting to look like freaks.

by Anonymousreply 1509/26/2010

Might I add, there aren't a ton of 50 and 60 year old men leading in movies either.

Sly Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jean Claude Van Damme - a lot of the action stars that require some youth and vigor aren't exactly working much at all either.

However, character actors - those who didn't rely on their beauty or ass - continue to get work later in life.

You can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 1609/26/2010

Two words:

"Goldie Hawn"

by Anonymousreply 1709/26/2010

Another two:

Meg Ryan

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2010

R17/R18, those two make me think my vision is skewed every time I see them - like I should squint.

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2010

Don't hate her; just would love to have been born into the lucky nepotism club; you work. You make craploads of money and have a great life.

You don't have to worry about money; sure, it nags at you that you're only there because of your parents (or maybe it doesn't?)

But you have a great, great life.

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2010

Thing is, JLC looked pretty good in this new movie with Sigourney Weaver. I don't know why she's so adamant about not coloring her hair, but her body--especially her breasts--is still pretty fucking fantastic.

It was weird watching the film though because Sigourney's character was supposed to be so beautiful and so much hotter than JLC's character. And she wasn't. She looked much older and her body wasn't as tight as Jamie's.

I think Jamie looks fine, and I think other actresses around her age being nipped and tucked within an inch of their lives look like complete and utter fools. I'm talking to you Demi, put some fucking clothes on!

by Anonymousreply 2109/26/2010

She has to be older than 51.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2010

I wonder how many shits she took today?

Wish I could interview and discuss nothing but turds, diarrhea and wet cracks.

I wonder how she feels about those nice long logs that take more time to slowly squeeze out.

You think it would embarass her?

by Anonymousreply 2309/26/2010

[quote]She looked much older and her body wasn't as tight as Jamie's.

Sigourney Weaver is nearly 61, R21. You're comparing a formerly rail thin woman who's opted for a fuller more feminine maturity with someone who has just hit fifty.

by Anonymousreply 2409/26/2010

[quote] Is it true that she was born with female and male sex organs

No. She is genetically male. She has an X and a Y chromosome, but she has androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS). Link below.

It was discovered when she did not menstruate, was taken to a gyn and was discovered to have no uterus, but did have undescended testes. These undescended testes must be surgically removed and that's how her condition was leaked to the public -- someone from the hospital talked and probably had the OR schedule with her name and the name of the procedure on it.

by Anonymousreply 2509/26/2010

Does that make Christopher Guest gay?

by Anonymousreply 2609/26/2010

Sigourney appeared in the highest grossing film of all time a year ago. She's ten years older than Curtis, which makes Jamie's comments appear to be colored by jealousy. She's parlaying a lack of real talent into a gripe about being 'too old' for any parts. Meanwhile, Dame Helen Mirren, 64, is appearing in 3 Oscar bait roles this year.

I wonder why her husband has never worked with her?

by Anonymousreply 2709/26/2010

How convenient that JLC's comments surface to coincide with her latest, utterly forgettable flick.

What a dreary, forgettable hag.

by Anonymousreply 2809/26/2010

My mistake. Sigourney is 61? Well then, she does look fabulous!

The point still stands though, these women were supposed to be best friends in high school, and the same age. And since Sigourney was supposed to be the one who hardly aged a day, had a better body, perfect hair, sexy, etc., it came off as unbelievable when standing next to Jamie.

Sigourney is beautiful. But so is Jamie. I just wish she would do something with that hair ...

by Anonymousreply 2909/26/2010

I don't know if anyone watches "Jeffrey and Cole" on Logo, but they did a whole bit on these old hags coming out and saying that they've let themselves go, and are free, and happier than ever.

by Anonymousreply 3009/26/2010

Jamie's becoming a wrinkled prune just like Janet...she's far too wrinkled for "51" wouldn't you say.

by Anonymousreply 3109/27/2010

Are we going to end up hating her just as much as we do Tony?

by Anonymousreply 3209/27/2010

I don't hate her. I rather like her. And she probably doesn't need to work because she's been a successful well-paid actress for the last 30 plus years, with a successful husband to boot.

by Anonymousreply 3309/27/2010

Excuse YOU, OP. She is not a talentless actress. Now let's get to the real issue here- is it true she was born a hermie or did I just dream that up?

by Anonymousreply 3409/27/2010

Christopher enjoys getting sodomized by JLC's tiny but incredibly hard and erect penis.

by Anonymousreply 3509/27/2010

I admire her! :) she knows true confidence is not only skin deep... Go Jamie!

by Anonymousreply 3602/20/2013

Isn't she making enough money off promoting that hermaphrodite yogurt?

by Anonymousreply 3702/20/2013

I happen to agree with her. There is way too much surgery, lousy surgery and botox etc in the acting world.

Ever notice how the greatest tend not mess with their faces? Streep, Maggie Smith, Judy Dench, among the women- and for my money the most believable older men also are those who have had the least done.

by Anonymousreply 3802/20/2013

Ironic since her fake boobs are what used to get her parts.

by Anonymousreply 3902/20/2013

What R13 and R39 said.

by Anonymousreply 4002/20/2013

she makes a good point though

by Anonymousreply 4102/20/2013

[quote]Ironic since her fake boobs are what used to get her parts.

Are you sure her boobs are fake? I recently watched Trading Places again and they were bouncing and in her topless scene they were large but not that odd perfectly globe-like shape fake ones have. They had a natural shape. My boobs look kind of like hers and mine are real.

by Anonymousreply 4202/20/2013

R15 is right. She makes perfect sense. She points out that plastic surgery didn't help in the long run and that, with her own looks, she knows that she won't have a career in front of the camera later in life. She is trying to convince others that messing with their faces or bodies could turn into a disaster. She's right. Nicole Kidman, Madonna, Mickey Rourke, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, and so many others.

by Anonymousreply 4302/20/2013

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers has had surgery? Why?

by Anonymousreply 4402/20/2013

Jamie Lee was on booze and pills during her prime and gave a lot of interviews in her addled state and was proclaimed for being brave and outspoken. It's hard to take her serious about anything since the only thing that has changed is her admission of being in recovery.

by Anonymousreply 4502/20/2013

JLCurtis was born in 1958.

by Anonymousreply 4602/20/2013

I want to see her penis.

by Anonymousreply 4702/20/2013

I like Jamie. And the post about Meryl not having any surgery is mistaken. I'm pretty sure she's had some work done

by Anonymousreply 4802/20/2013

Funny, Google says she is 54 which is still a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 4902/20/2013

I think Meryl has had work done but it's subtle and she didn't go overboard with the trout lips and injections. Susan Sarandon has also had good work done.

by Anonymousreply 5002/20/2013

Susan Sarandon was touting that she hadn't had anything done. But if you look at movies she did 15 years ago she looks younger now. Right, Susan.

by Anonymousreply 5102/20/2013

From what I've heard, Jamie Lee Curtis is a wonderful person, so quit knocking her.

I am horrified that someone at a hospital would leak info about her surgery. That is appalling.

And she's right--plastic surgery makes people look like aliens and will lose its appeal in ten years, sort of like tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 5202/20/2013

I don't understand why it's so hard for her to dye her hair. The gray hair makes her look SO old.

by Anonymousreply 5302/20/2013

Agree, r53.

Jamie, just dye your fucking hair. That harsh gray makes you look so haggard and decrepit.

by Anonymousreply 5402/20/2013

JLC is talented and I agree with another person who said she can play the funny grandma in a few years. I also agree with others, she would look better if she dyed her hair.

by Anonymousreply 5502/20/2013

The JLC-is-a-man hoax:

by Anonymousreply 5602/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!