Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tyra Banks

Was she a supermodel?

by Anonymousreply 10805/09/2013

I think she was high up on the model food chain. She had a good run and had name recognition. So yes, I think she was a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 109/15/2010

sort of. not quite linda/naomi/crsty level, but she was well known enough to be known by one name, back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 209/15/2010

Yes, but she was known for Victoria's Secret & Sports Illustrated, not high fashion.

by Anonymousreply 309/15/2010

Yes, Tyra was a Supermodel kinda in the same way Jan was a Brady.

by Anonymousreply 409/15/2010

Here she is at her all time hottest.

I love this video

by Anonymousreply 509/15/2010

You'll notice that hardly any of the bitches in that video can be considered supermodels, R5.

Too Funky was not Freedom '90. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 609/15/2010

[quote]Too Funky was not Freedom '90. Sorry.

What are you apologizing for?

PS: I never said it was Freedom 90, I said Tyra was at her all time hottest in that video.

by Anonymousreply 709/15/2010

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 909/15/2010

I always thought the litmus test for "supermodel" was if people who knew nothing about fashion knew who you were. I'd never heard of her until America's Next Top Model.

Busy model? Definitely. Celebrity in her own right? Not really.

by Anonymousreply 1009/15/2010

When is the next cycle of her top model drek?

by Anonymousreply 1109/15/2010

I think, generally, she's considered to have been on the tail-end of the supermodels. She's part of them, but sort of like a junior. Or pledge.

by Anonymousreply 1209/15/2010

When I was like 12 or 13 Tyra was a household name so by r10s definition I'd say she was a Supermodel. Boys at my school knew who she was and went on about her hotness.

by Anonymousreply 1309/15/2010

a supermodel if you squint...

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2010

Yes, Tyra Banks was a supermodel. She was very popular from the mid-1990s. She was not a high fashion model, but she was the 1st black woman to appear on the cover of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED when it was still a major deal. Also, she had cosmetics contract, was offered acting jobs, wrote a book and was the most famous Victoria's Secrets model.

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2010

Tyra had the potential to be a supermodel but her insanity fucked it up. She has blamed Naomi Campbell for ruining her career but the fact is that Banks was unstable from the get go and was always hamming it up on the catwalk. Top designers needed no help from Campbell to blow Tyra off.

by Anonymousreply 1609/16/2010

Is anyone watching ANTM? They've got some horselinas on again.

by Anonymousreply 1709/16/2010

I agree with R12. She was at the tail end of their era and not as highly ranked. Kind of like Skipper to their Barbies.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1809/16/2010

No she wasn't a supermodel. There are only a few real supers, six actually, known as the "Big Six" they were the only officially models accepted as Supermodels:

Linda, Christy, Naomi, known as the Trinity, they were the most famous and powerful supermodels.

Kate Moss,

Cindy Crawford,

Claudia Schiffer.

But you could add Stephanie Seymour, Helena Christensen, Kristen McMenamy and Nadja Auermann.

by Anonymousreply 1909/16/2010

I loved Kristen McMenamy back in the day. She was fierce.

by Anonymousreply 2009/16/2010

by Anonymousreply 2109/16/2010

I went to high school with Kristen McMenamy. I knew she was a successful model, but was she ever really that famous? Most people I went to school with never knew what she did after graduation.

by Anonymousreply 2209/16/2010

Lisa Fonssagrives was the first supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 2309/16/2010

I invented smizing, bitches. Surely that counts for something.

by Anonymousreply 2409/16/2010

by Anonymousreply 2509/16/2010

R16, I want to hear more about crazy Tyra!

by Anonymousreply 2609/16/2010

Tyra was a supermodel. She also indulged in some clamboxing like the other ones who did like, Cindy, Naomi, Linda and Cristy. That makes her her a supermodel in my book....%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2709/16/2010

Xmas party at dive bar catered by McDonald's, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 2809/16/2010

[quote]But you could add Stephanie Seymour, Helena Christensen, Kristen McMenamy and Nadja Auermann.

No. You could not.

by Anonymousreply 2909/16/2010

She was when she dated Gillian Anderson (around 98).

by Anonymousreply 3012/20/2012

R19 is correct.

Tyra was a sort of second tier model. Not chopped liver but not one of the creme de la creme.

Tyra also had a nose job after "Too Funky", which IIRC, she denies ever having (much like JLo who denies ever having plastic surgery... like we're blind and can't compare internet photos!)

She's done rather nicely for herself with AnTP but to listen to her, she's clearly off her rocker. To listen to her prattle on her show one would think she invented modeling, the runway walk and posing in general. What a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 3112/20/2012

I saw Tyra lezzing it up with Gillian and Teresa in Soho back in the 90's. That was one of the first times I realized that the mainstream press is still completely controlling celebrity images.

by Anonymousreply 3204/30/2013

[quote]Linda, Christy, Naomi, known as the Trinity, they were the most famous and powerful supermodels.

In that era, no Cindy Crawford had the most name recognition.

by Anonymousreply 3304/30/2013

There used to be many blind items on Tyra's meat curtain preferences. She was big as fashion model *and* huge as a pinup. Of course her affairs with Anderson and Weatherspoon were buried. It's just bad marketing otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 3404/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 3504/30/2013

no, Linda, Christy, Naomi were THE Supermodels

Cindy Crawford was more popular with the public in general, but it was different

then Kate Moss

by Anonymousreply 3604/30/2013

Tyra's another one that goes out without makeup. When I saw her with Anderson (Doc Martins, dowdy) they both looked dyked out. She had big hips and ass. Not exactly the "goddess" the media made her out to be with airbrushing. In answer to the question by OP: no.

by Anonymousreply 3704/30/2013

R34 I've never gotten the impression that Tyra hunts for men to sleep with. She seems to bury herself in work.

by Anonymousreply 3804/30/2013

She appeared in a George Michael music video along Linda Evangelista and Karen Mulder.

She walked for the haute couture shows in Paris.

She had a Yves Saint Laurent ad.

She had a lucrative contract with a cosmetic company (Cover Girl).

At the height of her career she was repped by IMG Models, which has had generations of supermodels such as Cindy Crawford, Lauren Hutton, Bridget Hall, Shalom Harlow, Gisele, Heidi Klum, Angela Lindvall, Kate Moss, Paulina Porizkova, Daria Werbowy, and even Kate Upton on its roster.

She was one of Victoria's Secret's original Angels, alongside Helena Christensen, Karen Mulder, Daniela Peštová, Stephanie Seymour (taking precedence over the likes of Naomi Campbell and Gisele Bundchen at the annual VS Fashion Show).

She became a household name after 2 iconic Sports Illustrated covers. She's also appeared on the covers of Vogue, Elle, Bazaar...and is one of the few models to have appeared on the cover of GQ.

And last but not least, she's worth tens of millions of dollars (some sources claim up to $90M). Despite what I think of her as a person, I would have to say she was definitely a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 3904/30/2013

Tyra is considered a Supermodel, whether we agree with it or not. She was named 1997's Supermodel of the Year. Whether or not that's prestigious or important is debatable, but it still shows she was considered a "Supermodel."

And she wasn't just known for Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated (which she was the first Black model to be on the cover of). She built her career by doing Runways for Chanel, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, Fendi, etc.

Her career lasted from 1991 - 2005, which was probably longer than most of the other "Supermodels" listed.

Oh, and because of ANTM, she's probably got more money than most of the other "Supermodels" too, since she's its creator and therefore takes home money from all the other Franchises across the world.

R10 I don't know where you were living if you had never heard of Tyra before ANTM.

by Anonymousreply 4104/30/2013

Tyra has always claimed that she purposefully allowed herself to gain weight in order to transition to Sports Illustrated and the like. She says Naomi was bullying her in the world of high fashion, and she wanted out. Take it for what you will.

Anyway, she was never at the level of the Trinity, but I'd say she was for sure a supermodel. Everybody knew of her even in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 4204/30/2013

Yeah, Tyra's told that story repeatedly. Don't really know what to make of it. Im sure Naomi did actually try to ruin her career as she's just as crazy as Tyra is. It also makes sense that she would. Tyra came out just as Naomi was being phased out and she (Tyra) was originally being dubbed, "Baby Naomi." I'm sure Naomi didn't take kindly to that.

And everyone keeps comparing everyone else to "The Trinity," and you just can't. They belonged to a specific era. And while there was "The Trinity," you have to remember that Cindy was part of the original 5 models for which "Supermodel" was coined for (for the 90s batch of girls).

Interesting that now, the only Model that is remotely considered a Supermodel is Gisele.

by Anonymousreply 4304/30/2013

Maybe that's what threw me. When I saw her the first time I was expecting a runway model's figure but instead I saw a really plain looking girl with body weight and frame that looked like it belonged in a plus-size catalog. When she was with Weatherspoon at least she tried to fem it up with makeup. When I saw her so cozy with Anderson they both looked like the slobby lesbian clichés. Is this some sort of fem downlow lesbian fetish? To look as bad as possible when with another fem?

by Anonymousreply 4404/30/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4504/30/2013

I think it's interesting that she says she was in an abusive relationship but won't name who it was. If this were true, wouldn't we know who it was? She's been famous since 15 and we basically know of all her boyfriends (she "dated" Will Smith so that tells us she's a Lesbian).

I think the story is a cover for her to use as a reason why she rarely gets "close" to men

by Anonymousreply 4604/30/2013

Karina Steffans threatened to out her years ago after a contentious interview. Tyra never said another nasty word about the woman.

Tyra should follow her ex-lover's footsteps and come "bi". Then she can claim to love men while openly fucking women.

by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2013

Ask Karl Lagerfeld, he will tell you no. Same goes for Heidi Klum. A Supermodel had to be a muse, had to make 10K to get out of bed and had to be known in the realm of high fashion. Banks never truly made it until she went commercial with Sports Illustrated and Victoria Secret. Hardly the Anna Wintour set.

The only title of supermodel banks got was from VH1. They gave her a supermodel of the year award in 1997 - The last Supermodels were Nikki, Shalom, Helena,....

by Anonymousreply 4804/30/2013

Being a Super Model all comes down to multi-million dollar national ad campaigns. The end. If you were a model who could garner multiple multi-million dollar ad campaigns then you were a super model. So there are definitely more than three Super Models, but not as many as most people think. And now that actresses are on the covers of most magazines, which was the calling card for most models, the era of the super model is over. Is there even one fashion magazine on the stands today with a model on the cover and not an actress?

I would say R43 is correct, Gisele is the last super model.

by Anonymousreply 4904/30/2013

R48, your revisionist history does not compute. Tyra was selected by Karl to walk for Chanel...and she was most certainly in the same category as the likes of Shalom and Helena. And the photo at the link proves you're full of shit because you claim Niki Taylor was one of the last of the supermodels...while diminishing the status of a model who also had a multi-million dollar contract with Cover Girl.

Also, this thread is clearly biased, because using the Vogue standard, Amber Valletta would be the last of the supermodels since she's had more (American Vogue) covers than most contemporary models (16...same as Claudia Schiffer, 2 less than Cindy Crawford, and 5 more than Gisele).

by Anonymousreply 5004/30/2013

Tyra was never the perfect fashion model. She's not sophisticated enough or waif-like.

What she had going for her were those curves. Hetero men love big boobs, hips and butt. She became a sex symbol with those assets and her beautiful face.

Was she a supermodel? Debatable.

But I do get her appeal. Her rumored girlfriend on the other the hell did Gillian Anderson become some sort of male fantasy? Was it the buttoned down, naughty teacher factor? She's just so plain jane. And she's short, so if you put a few pounds on her she becomes a blimp (watch the first couple seasons of XF to see what I mean)

Tyra is definitely a carpet muncher. She was doing the model thaaang: sleeping with a bunch of women in the fashion industry, usually other models. She also hooked up with T-spoon for a year or so. The Gillian match I heard about back in 99: the story was that Ellen was a mutual friend and hooked them up at a fashion show she hosted the prior year. Since that affair, Tyra went on to host America's Next Top Model, and would show particular interest in some of the more attractive to strike the perfect pose on all fours.

by Anonymousreply 5105/01/2013

Sorry, what Karl Lagerfeld has to say doesn't count. He's got an opinion on everything and it's usually ridiculous and cunty no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 5205/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 5305/01/2013

Well, to be fair, the term Supermodel was largely used to describe models that had world wide fame, money, walked for the top designers, became known by their first names alone and received multi-million, exclusive contracts with.

You can't deny she did all those things, and Victoria Secret was the brand that gave her that multi-million dollar contract.

by Anonymousreply 5405/01/2013

r50 karl used Tyra to try and put Naomi in her place. Go back and look up Naomi Campbell and Tyra Banks. She was never as popular as any of THE supermodels. Linda, Naomi, Cindy, Claudia. Tyra's fame is all VS and SI.

by Anonymousreply 5505/01/2013

I completely forgot about Amber Valletta.

by Anonymousreply 5605/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 5705/01/2013

Naomi, Christy, Linda, Cindy? Oh, please.

None of them bitches came close to Tyra's fabulousness. None of them went to Harvard (business school 12 week program). And none of them ever coined a pop culture term like (or knew how to), "smize."

No, she wasn't a Supermodel she was the FIRST (and only) MEGA Super Model.

by Anonymousreply 5805/01/2013

Oh her old nose @ R50. Niki Taylor was gorgeous, probably hotter than who she was compared to Cindy C, amazing body.

If I were that Asian bitch I'd have something to say back.

by Anonymousreply 5905/01/2013

And unlike Naomi, Tyra was never a high end call girl.

by Anonymousreply 6005/01/2013

R46, She dated John for three years.

by Anonymousreply 6105/01/2013

What does that have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 6205/01/2013

She dated filmmaker John Singleton for a number of years.

by Anonymousreply 6305/01/2013

Is that proof she's not a Lesbian or is that your guess as to who abused her?

by Anonymousreply 6405/01/2013

On her talk show, Tyra would ALWAYS make any conversation she was having with her guest about herself. Her guest would talk about growing tomatoes in her garden, and she'd say, "Oh, my mom used to grow tomatoes when I was a kid!" She's definitely narcissistic.

And yes, she was a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 6505/01/2013

R64, I just mentioned him because he was one of the men she dated for a significant period of time.

by Anonymousreply 6605/01/2013

I think Naomi is a massive cunt, but she wins here.

What the hell is the point in digging all this irrelevant shit from the past up? Cringe. Naomi hardly says anything and just laughs and rolls her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6705/01/2013

Yeah, but I remember watching this and thinking that Naomi had sunk to a new low and Tyra actually walked away winning... because she got Naomi to sit there on her sad ass show and take all the bullshit that Tyra was shoving down her mouth.

And we have to give it to Tyra, she was smart. She knew that Naomi at the time was trying to do major damage control and would basically have to sit there and take it.

Naomi must cringe about having given up all self-respect and doing this sad ass gig.

And Tyra's cheap so you know Naomi didn't get paid.

by Anonymousreply 6805/01/2013

lol well that's one way of looking at it.

by Anonymousreply 6905/01/2013

Also R67 what I love about that interview is how Tyra repeatedly tries to play off as though she doesn't remember certain things or is unclear... but you just know she's relived it in her bat shit crazy mind every single day since it happened.

by Anonymousreply 7005/01/2013

Tyra gives way too much away in that interview. She basically just empowers Naomi more. I love when Tyra starts talking about how she's still intimidated and at their recent VS show she turned back into the 17 year old girl that was fearful of Naomi.

They cut to Naomi and she lights up like Gollum with its precious dangled in front of his face.

by Anonymousreply 7105/01/2013

This is stupid but I can't help but laugh.

by Anonymousreply 7205/01/2013

I believe that Tyra was told that Naomi was messing with her career and getting her cancelled for jobs... I'm not sure if I believe that Naomi thought enough about Tyra to actually do any of that.

Wouldn't be surprised if Designers and Agencies just fed Tyra that shit and played against her insecurities about Naomi to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 7305/01/2013

There are the FASHION supers and the other supers

The big FASHION supers are Kate, Linda, Christy. They are fashion, fashion, fashion.

The other supers did tv, Sports Illustrated, Victoria's Secret, selling on QVC. Cindy, Tyra, etc.

I think Naomi straddles the two and is frankly most well known for being a crazy diva.

by Anonymousreply 7405/01/2013

FYI Tyra's famous taped "kiss my black ass" speech in her swim suit was tapped several times. She was fake crying, she had menthol blown into her eyes on one take. I LOOOOVE that she mentions that she went to program..that anyone can get into...for 125K....

by Anonymousreply 7505/01/2013

I believe Cindy started out as a Fashion "super." She was one of the original five (alongside Christy, Naomi, Linda) given the "Supermodel" name.

I love that she dropped out of a Chemical Engineering program to be come a model.

by Anonymousreply 7605/01/2013

Most people would be Naomi in your first category, R74. She was just as big as they were in her day.

by Anonymousreply 7705/01/2013

The cover that started the "Supermodel" trend:

by Anonymousreply 7805/01/2013

Unlike Naomi - Tyra has all her hair.

by Anonymousreply 7905/01/2013

Poor Nomi

by Anonymousreply 8005/01/2013

Naomi refers to herself as generous and having a big heart? On what planet does she live? Those are about the last words anyone would use to describe her.

by Anonymousreply 8105/01/2013

Can we rank the original 5 according to their beauty at their prime?

I'd probably have to go:

1) Linda 2) Cindy 3) Naomi 3) Tatjana 5) Christy

Undecided between Naomi and Tatjana. Back and forth on which is more appealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 8205/01/2013

Tyra Banks is a liar. Not a supermodel. And no threat to Naomi Campbell. What a baby.

Beverly Johnson and Naomi Campbell are the breakthrough models for women of colour. Superstars in that business and in it's history.

When modelling became about Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated covers, in other words hype, then we get Tyra, and Heidi and Giselle and Alessandra They are underwear and swimsuit celebrities, who are utilized in fashion for their name recognition.

The designers and photographers were once and should be the stars of the fashion industry, when models were clothes hangars and muses. It was not rocket science but required some knowledge and some skill. Some captivated in their silence and became stars. Editorial and runway. Creators with great photographers and designers, but just mannequins of course.

Super model is like a super stripper. Genetics, diets, plastic surgery and a few signature moves. Tits and ass and strangely less illlusion. Better seen and not heard, but unfortunately we have to get to know them. Everyone has the right to make a buck and times have changed, but when Jennifer Aniston and Oprah are Vogue cover models, the actual day of the model is over.

They should be called something else now. Like that category they had on Star Search. "Presenters."

Tyra used to be on Oprah, as a regular mentor to young women, and she parlayed that into a reality TV show, and then a talk show. She is an mini empire. But Janice Dickinson, Twiggy and Paulina Porizkova, who were all judges and all fired by Tyra Banks from America's Next Top Model, have each called out and exposed Tyra in different ways. They were certainly all better and more prestigious models in their time than the "super" Ms. Banks. More knowledgeable too about legitimate modelling.

Janice is cray, but she revealed a long time ago that the winner of ANTM is chosen by Covergirl long before the final. The rest is just a charade about inventive yet gimmicky fashion shoots, reality show girl drama and Tyra's massive ego masquerading as expertise.

Tyra Banks is a television personality, and to me an obnoxious one.

She is a "SuperSmizer"

Fashion is largely a waste of human energy and capital, but beautiful creations and images are what redeemed it. Mostly gone now.

by Anonymousreply 8305/01/2013

Now, sadly she is nothing but a very big forehead.

by Anonymousreply 8405/01/2013

Lisa Fonssagrives is considered the first supermodel. And before the likes of Christy, Linda, Cindy and Naomi came around, there was Margeaux Hemingway, Beverly Johnson, and Lauren Hutton.

by Anonymousreply 8505/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 8605/01/2013

Wikipedia will also tell you that Lisa didn't fit the term "Supermodel" as we're discussing here. No multi-million dollar contracts, campagins, world-wide fame, known by one singular name for her. And the other ones you mentioned didn't really meet the criteria either.

Those models weren't dubbed Supermodels in their eras and were really only dubbed so after the fact because they were the most well-known/glamorous models of their time.

by Anonymousreply 8705/01/2013

R86 you forgot Tatjana. Five of them were dubbed Supermodels at the same time. See R78.

by Anonymousreply 8805/01/2013

Personally I think that the height, the climax if you will, of THE Supermodel was Linda Evangelista circa 1991-92

by Anonymousreply 8905/01/2013

it was Linda who is credited with the "i don't get out of bed for less than 10K a day" line.

by Anonymousreply 9005/02/2013

This is so sweet!

by Anonymousreply 9105/02/2013

I don't know if it was sweet so much as awkward. Naomi clearly doesn't mean any of what she says. We all know she only said it because she was in the middle of some really bad publicity she had to get out of. And she also probably just said it to shut Tyra up because she was sick of Tyra's crazy talk and couldn't stomach it any more.

by Anonymousreply 9205/02/2013

She is generous. She generously doesn't beat the shit out of everyone she encounters and she's generous enough to smack a lucky few with her cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 9305/02/2013

Tyra Bank is an idiot.

a superidiot.

by Anonymousreply 9405/03/2013

A superidiot who's managed to make herself very rich and managed to get everything she's gone after.

Superidiot indeed.

I don't know what that makes the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 9505/03/2013

lol her mom made her rich - she just did everything she told her to do.

by Anonymousreply 9605/03/2013

She's still a super rich "superidiot..."

by Anonymousreply 9705/03/2013

[quote]Tyra was a sort of second tier model. Not chopped liver but not one of the creme de la creme.

Exactly. I was obsessed with models back then and she never quite became a Supermodel. Cindy, Christy, Naomi, Linda and Kate were always a class above, she remained firmly stuck in the model B-list.

She referring to herself as a "supermodel" after her prime when talking about her career around the same time every young female singer suddenly became a "diva" when they weren't in the true sense of the word. I remember Madonna wasn't considered a diva because she lacked the voice, one of the criteria for that then exclusive title. The last of the true divas were Whitney and Mariah. Now everyone from Britney, to Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez is called a diva. Point is, some major career revisionism goes on in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 9805/03/2013

She became super annoying when she had that talk show. I was so happy when it got cancelled and she pretended to do an Oprah-like "ending my show " to save face when the reality was clear.

by Anonymousreply 9905/03/2013

Whatever. None of those bitches achieved what I did. None of them even came close to my masterpiece below.

by Anonymousreply 10005/03/2013

Big forehead is almost as ruinous as a big chin.

by Anonymousreply 10105/03/2013

The Oprah really helped Tyra (batshit crazy,and the original Five-head!).

by Anonymousreply 10205/03/2013

Sorry R101,you beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 10305/03/2013

Forget Tyra.. what about KIMORA! Supermodel, yay or nay?

by Anonymousreply 10405/06/2013

Original giant five-head! Also,scary crazy.

by Anonymousreply 10505/09/2013

I find supermodels tedious arseholes but for 5 minutes in the early 90s they were exciting. They started to jump the shark with that Fashion Cafe shit.

I'm glad Hollywood actors replaced them on the covers of Vogue etc frankly. Maybe if there were some interesting ones that might change.

by Anonymousreply 10605/09/2013

r106 - How have I never seen that?? Hmm, Tatjana just doesn't equate with the other supers. Beauty-wise, sure. But not fame-wise.

by Anonymousreply 10705/09/2013

If we differentiate between levels of supermodels, then yes. Clearly below people like Cindy, Christy, Naomi, Linda, etc. You could say Tyra was a lower-level supermodel.

But, if it's simply that either you are a supermodel or you aren't, then no. A very successful model, sure. But, in that context not a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 10805/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!