Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ashley Judd just graduated from Harvard?

Do they have a quota for how many crazy bitches they have to accept?

by Anonymousreply 4310/19/2013

Yes, she's a bit crazy and a bit pretentious, but I still like her. Good for her for getting an education.

by Anonymousreply 109/15/2010

What was her degree in? Did she actually physically attend classes at Harvard or was it some kind of correspondent program?

by Anonymousreply 209/15/2010

She attended the Kennedy School of Government, which is not exactly a mill for vanity diplomas. I saw her speak at the Women Deliver Conference in June. I did think she was a bit pretentious, but she also seemed like a sharp cookie whose heart is in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 309/15/2010

I heard she is a real witch ,and she can get really awful. Someone asked her for her autograph ,and she flipped the person off.

by Anonymousreply 409/15/2010

by Anonymousreply 509/15/2010

Wasn't it merely an honorary degree? I just moved from Lexington, KY (the Judds are from Ashland, just up the road), and Ashley was always sticking her nose into some environmental issue. People seemed to love her around there, though.

by Anonymousreply 609/15/2010

"I didn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t even know the lovely Judd was even studying, but sure enough, she earned her Mid-Career Masters in Public Administration after a year of hard work. It is said that she attended the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University."

Taken off the internet

by Anonymousreply 709/15/2010

Always liked her as an actress. Beautiful woman. Does not seem like a dummy & gets involved in good causes. Whatev.

by Anonymousreply 809/15/2010

I have seen her work for women's rights and AIDS prevention in Africa. Those two things are commemorable.

What are you doing OP?

by Anonymousreply 909/15/2010

I don't know if this is true or not but a rumor persists that Ashley Judd let her pets die a horrible death after she went on vacation and failed to provide them with food or water.

by Anonymousreply 1009/15/2010

Come Early Morning is probably her best work.

She has a good heart, and appears not too keen on injustice so I say good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1109/15/2010

The stories about her on bitter waitress are pretty harrowing. I'm sorry, I don't give a shit how liberal you are, when you're mean to help and servers, you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1209/15/2010

A co-worker of mine was in Kappa Kappa Gamma with her at UK in the the late '80s. Supposedly she was a basketball-team groupie as an undergrad.

by Anonymousreply 1309/15/2010

she was in the looney bin for a while....will never say WHY?? do tell.

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2010

[quote]I don't know if this is true or not but a rumor persists that Ashley Judd let her pets die a horrible death after she went on vacation and failed to provide them with food or water.

That was Jessica Biel, not Judd.

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2010

Umm..the Kennedy School of Government is not exactly Oxford in terms of its entry requirements. It has the reputation for being one of those schools at Harvard that has marquee value, but very few serious academics are in residence there. Hence Ashley Judd as a student and even Harvard needs pr these days!

by Anonymousreply 1609/15/2010

What did she do to waitresses and servers? I hadn't heard that.

by Anonymousreply 1709/15/2010

R16, you retarded girl.

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2010

Well, she could be another Jennifer Aniston (though with more talent and better looking) and do a lot of crappy films; instead she continues to educate herself and does a lot of charity work. Why criticize?

by Anonymousreply 1909/15/2010

R18, you are the retarded one. Read what r16 posted. The Kennedy School of Government is much easier to than other schools at Harvard

by Anonymousreply 2009/15/2010

Poor, dumb fellow, R18 doesn't know that Harvard is made up of a collection of different schools. Would hate to see what this object of pity's SAT scores were.

by Anonymousreply 2109/15/2010

Pretty much, if you have the $90k, you can get into the mid-career program at KSG. It's a cash cow for the university as are programs at the School of Ed..

by Anonymousreply 2209/15/2010

R19 fingers himself to Kiss The Girls and Double Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 2309/16/2010

Is that the same program Bill O"Reilly was in?

by Anonymousreply 2409/16/2010

George Clooney hates her and blacklisted her in Hollywood (who knows why- Kentucky hillbilly feud? Her gaydar honed-in on him?). It adversely affected her career momentum and now she just plays in fuzzy wuzzy Xtian family films once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 2509/16/2010

R20, and you automatically without question, that R16 is an expert on this?

by Anonymousreply 2609/16/2010

If she's not a right wingnut and she's beloved in KY she should run for office there. Lexington is a lot bigger than it used to be, if she could take the Lex-Louisville corridor she could probably win. I'd love to see her replace Mitch McConnell.

Actually I'd like to see a photo of Mitch McConnell's turtle-being-anally-raped expression as he concedes to Ashley fucking Judd, of all people.

by Anonymousreply 2709/16/2010

[quote]she was in the looney bin for a while....will never say WHY?? do tell.

Her mother, Naomi Judd is one of the worst stage mother/control freaks who ever lived. I could see Ashley having a rough time growing up in that environment.

Wynonna was tough enough (and big enough) to go nose to nose in colossal battles with Naomi. Back when they were a musical act, their fights were legendary among the musicians who traveled and worked with them.

Both daughters have had to battle demons. Wynonna has been through treatment for eating disorders and Ashley has done inpatient rehab for a variety of problems. Ashley was taught to be the good girl in that family while Wynonna at least got to be the back sheep and do some acting out.

by Anonymousreply 2809/16/2010

My partner's heard some nasty stories about her behavior during in-store promotion that she did in her role as spokesmodel for Kohls's American Beauty line.

by Anonymousreply 2909/16/2010

r9 - How would you do that - with a coin or a plaque or something else?

by Anonymousreply 3009/16/2010

I love you, R30.

by Anonymousreply 3109/16/2010

Many of these famous people do charity work and get publicity when they are doing it so it builds up their image as this saintly person. I don't care what charity this woman has done. I heard that she is a complete bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3209/16/2010

she went to rehab for perfectionism.

by Anonymousreply 3309/16/2010

R32, you are a sick idiot with very poor judgment.

by Anonymousreply 3409/16/2010

Jessica Biel had a dog that attacked and killed one of her other dogs, but Ashley Judd left town with three dogs and two cats alone in an apartment, and the dogs ate the cats.

by Anonymousreply 3509/16/2010

The simple truth is that Ashley Judd is one of the worst women to have ever lived - and having been one of those waiters she gleefully tortured,I am ready to attest to that.

by Anonymousreply 3609/16/2010

R35 is correct.%0D %0D I don't have any Ashley Judd stories except for one time I stood next to her on the airport tram at O'Hare going from one terminal to the next. I didn't recognize her at first, she was very dressed down and looked like regular folks. She was by herself. She look "familiar" to me, but it took me a few minutes to place her.%0D %0D I remember at the time thinking she looked a little pudgy (not a lot, just like a normal-sized girl) and her face looked different in person. She was just standing there like everyone else on the full tram.%0D %0D Once she got off, she was met by an airport handler type person and whisked away.%0D %0D Boring story I know. This was about 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3709/16/2010

r36 -- Details, please.

by Anonymousreply 3809/16/2010

When UK's alumni magazine profiled her she refused to pose and made the non-profit alumni association buy one of her stock photos for a pretty penny. They should have killed the story and not given into her. If George Clooney were an alum he sure as hell wouldn't have done that. I know people who know both, and they unanimously sing George's praises but roll their eyes at Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 3909/16/2010

Ditto about Naomi as a nightmare stage mother. The Judds became famous on her sheer will, which is kind of a scary thought. She tried to make the Judds into a trio at one point by forcing Ashley to take fiddle lessons, but Ashley wasn't having it. I'm surprised Ashley has a relationship with her mother and sister at all, really--Naomi dumped that kid with whoever she could so she and Wynonna could hustle the record companies. Everything was done for the benefit of Naomi's ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 4009/18/2010

I'll always treasure the time she mispronounced "cacophony" on The View.

by Anonymousreply 4109/18/2010

I know someone who has spent a lot of time with her (works in IndyCar racing circles, very well-connected) who told me Ashley Judd scored a combined 1140 on her SATs. As in, Ashley Judd told her this herself. Then said she had the "kissing disease" when she took the test so that's why her score was so low.

That's borderline mentally retarded at Harvard, even in a vanity program like the one year (well, really 8 month) Mid-Career MPA. She admitted she had to have tutors to help her get through the math courses.

And yes, she's a colossal bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2013

This bitch ain't got nothing on me!

by Anonymousreply 4310/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!