Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has anyone here witnessed any horrible celebrity behavior?

Any stories about stars throwing tantrums, acting like divas, making outrageous demands ("I want 3000 green M&Ms in my dressing room!"), or any other kind of appalling behavior?%0D %0D %0D Someone must have some dirt!

by Anonymousreply 41006/25/2014

I saw Hillary Clinton berating a staffer. She was being unnecessarily vicious...I'll never understand anyone in power who thinks they have the right to cut others down just because they're having a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 109/12/2010

I saw Miranda Cosgrove, star of TV's iCarly, smear menstrual blood all over her personal assistant in a fit of rage. Apparently, her iced chai latte was filled 3/5 of the way with ice instead of 2/3.

by Anonymousreply 209/12/2010

I saw Barbra Streisand pushing an elderly and frail Lillian Gish straight through a plate glass window at her Malibu home just to watch her bleed.

by Anonymousreply 309/12/2010

I saw Judith Light at La Frencherie in Weho and she nabbed a couple of salt and pepper shakers right off the table.

by Anonymousreply 409/12/2010

I saw Helen Mirren kick a bunch of puppies into a bloody pulp.

by Anonymousreply 509/12/2010

Back in the 80's in a packed LA restaurant (West Hollywood actually). Loads of people waiting to get seated and in walks Connie Stevens (with some youngish gal) who prances up to the host (a particularly fed up queen) and demands to be seated. When the host tells her it will be at least a 45 minute wait she says "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I AM CONNIE FUCKING STEVENS"! The fed up queen looks at her dismissively and says "I don't know who you are, but I know who you USED to be", whereupon the bitch and her friend turn and storm out.

by Anonymousreply 609/12/2010

*tappy-footing*

by Anonymousreply 809/13/2010

To candidate John Kerry, if he asked me "Do you know who I am?" I would have replied "Ummm, that guy on the Munsters??"

by Anonymousreply 1009/13/2010

I once saw Godzilla destroy Tokeyo because his appletini was light on the vermouth.

by Anonymousreply 1109/15/2010

I saw Andy Dick buying a glass meth pipe with two probably underaged twinks he'd obviously picked up on Santa Monica Blvd. He paid for the pipe with an American Express gold card - I could read his name clearly, he was so close - then put an arm around each of the twinks and stumbled off up La Brea.

It was Thanksgiving Day.

by Anonymousreply 1209/15/2010

I mentioned on another thread I used to work for Sen. Kennedy's office. Half of his family used to pull the "do you know who I am" line. What's worse is some of the office staff (!!!) would go around saying " you obviously don't know WHO I work for...." blah, blah, blah. I am so glad I got the hell out of working in that toxic environment. I did like Eunice Shriver though.

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2010

saw a drunk Harrison Ford throw a temper tantrum and throw things (on a movie set)

by Anonymousreply 1609/15/2010

I saw Judi Dench take a dump on an extra's head just because she was tired of waiting for the next set-up.

by Anonymousreply 1709/15/2010

Julianne Moore bit my baby on the face.

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2010

I saw Patti LuPone command a chimpanzee to tear a woman's face off.

by Anonymousreply 1909/15/2010

I saw Patti Lupone in Sunset Boulevard

by Anonymousreply 2009/15/2010

[quote]Sen. John Kerry. I heard him use that line, with my own ears, many times; his favorite venue was airports%0D %0D %0D %0D R9. How would you see this "many times?" Were you his PA?

by Anonymousreply 2109/15/2010

"Were you his PA?"%0D %0D His stalker, more probably...

by Anonymousreply 2209/15/2010

Awww, give Kerry a break.

He spent his days as a boytoy doormat for an ugly rich widow.

It was probably his only way of asserting power.

by Anonymousreply 2309/15/2010

Ugly rich widow? She invented fucking ketchup!!

by Anonymousreply 2409/15/2010

I saw Keanu Reeves when he was completely drunk off his face. He couldn't sit or stand straight and he was on the verge of passing out.

by Anonymousreply 2509/15/2010

"He spent his days as a boytoy doormat for an ugly rich widow." He looks like the trees in the Wizard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 2609/15/2010

Go ahead. Make my day.

by Anonymousreply 2709/15/2010

Oh, how I wish the poster with those wonderful Debra Messing tales was on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 2809/15/2010

True stories. I saw Barbra Streisand slap her PA across the face becuase of some set detail she was not pleased with. Right in front of me.%0D I also witnessed Madonna berating Carlos Leon to the point of near castration, just because she thought he was not paying enough attention to Lourdes. She gave me a dirty look with that ugly Skeletor face too, when she noticed my horrified exression.

by Anonymousreply 2909/15/2010

Perhaps this is TMI, and I do apologize for its luridness, but I once saw Melissa Gilbert's five year old son come barrelling around a corner, sobbing and highly distressed, with what appeared to be fecal matter splatted across the entire side of his head.

From around that same corner I heard a woman's voice saying, with a sarcastic edge, "Parenting... in my Maidenform bra."

by Anonymousreply 3009/15/2010

[quote] Sen. John Kerry. I heard him use that line, with my own ears, many times; his favorite venue was airports. %0D %0D Are you a John Kerry stalker, following him around everywhere... especially following him to airports?

by Anonymousreply 3109/15/2010

Patti LuPone was very rude to the children in Gypsy. She wanted them to be afraid of her.

by Anonymousreply 3309/15/2010

I was standing right behind Carly Simon's beach chair when I heard her proposition her son. Her son!

by Anonymousreply 3409/15/2010

"I saw Ricky Gervais behave like a Ricky Gervais character"%0D %0D I met him before he was "famous" - he was a rude, selfish prick even then...

by Anonymousreply 3509/15/2010

I think a couple of you are making these up.

by Anonymousreply 3609/15/2010

I was at a birthday brunch in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The birthday girl and her husband are in the film industry, fairly successful, not in a high-profile way. The husband used to be a PA and once drove Maggie Gyllenhall to the airport just a year or two before that.

Lo and behold, who is sitting in the restaurant talking to some agent or flunky, at the next table? Maggie.

The restaurant brings out the cake and everyone, including other patrons, breaks into "happy birthday." Except Maggie, who looks visibly annoyed, never once looks away from her companion and totally ignores the singing. Not once does she acknowledge my friends.

What a c-u-next Tuesday. I cheered when she lost the Oscar to Monique.

by Anonymousreply 3709/15/2010

I saw Rod Stewart get into a limo full of sluts after giving a concert during which he talked about his wonderful family. It probably wouldn't phase me now, but I was 15 or so at the time and thought it was scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 3809/15/2010

Apparently R40 lives in Illinois and not France.

by Anonymousreply 4109/16/2010

I don't like to mention names, but I did see an actress from a cable TV show try and key an Oscar winning actress's car in the parking lot after an award ceremoney in which she'd lost out, yet again.

by Anonymousreply 4209/16/2010

I have seen Hilary Swank throw a hissy fit when she didn't like her table. She said, "because of who I AM people do things for me" and then repeated it again, "because of who I AM people do things for me... do you call this a private table!" Total CUNT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4509/16/2010

Dame Judi Dench urinated in my hair during a matinee of Cats.

by Anonymousreply 4709/16/2010

But R47, the part CALLED for it!

by Anonymousreply 4809/16/2010

I know soap threads are looked down on, but I worked as a personal assistant to the executive producer of soap opera for 4 years. All of the actresses were bitches. I made a hell of a lot of money, but sacrificed my sanity. There is one actress/bitch I saw who is now working for an ABC show. I wanted to throw a brick at the tv. I'm glad my experience in showbiz is long over.

by Anonymousreply 5009/16/2010

"There is one actress/bitch I saw who is now working for an ABC show."%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D Go ahead....name names!

by Anonymousreply 5109/16/2010

I saw Kate Mulgrew use the "Don't you know who I am?" routine at the box office for an Off-Broadway show when they asked for identification. Actually, she said, "You can't honestly expect me to believe that nobody back there knows who I am."

by Anonymousreply 5209/16/2010

That's funny, R52. I wouldn't know Kate Mulgrew if I saw her nor would I recognize her celebrity status if she handed me an ID with her name on it. %0D %0D You have to wonder what goes on in the heads of some of these people.

by Anonymousreply 5309/16/2010

Absolutely not r51. Just research CBS soap actresses who are on ABC soaps, or whatever. She is easy to pick it. And yet she was just one of many other bitches I had to put up with. Most thought they were the next Katharine Hepburn....please, you bitches are F list soap stars, make your money, pay your mortgage and be lucky you even have an acting job. And don't get me started on the closeted gay actors....they were almost as bad as the actresses.

by Anonymousreply 5409/16/2010

One C-list (maybe B-list) actor I know who has serious name recognition from being on a western-themed cable drama a few years ago actively campaigns for perks from various organizations and companies in the industry. I mean that he will approach the IMDb and ask to be a "big name contributor" so they wine and dine him, or he'll suck up to TCM to try to get a guest programmer spot, he sells family stories to the Enquirer, stuff like that.

This all seems perfectly normal C-lister behavior, except this guy goes around bragging about how he sucked up to the IMDb and is now better than everyone else because the took him on a tour of their offices. He admitted to selling a pretty tragic story about his famous in-laws to the Enquirer. He falsely took credit for a few new TCM features a few years ago that he had nothing to do with. AND he bashes all his male co-stars online, publicly. Even big name stars who surely don't want him telling people that they have "no redeeming qualities as a human being." I have no idea how he still gets work.

by Anonymousreply 5609/16/2010

R54, that sounds like Laura Wright. I've heard some what a bitch stories about her.

by Anonymousreply 5709/16/2010

I read a story once about Keanu he was so drunk in Las Vegas, or right outside Vegas that he went to the bathroom but just ended up peeing all over himself. Good times!

by Anonymousreply 5809/16/2010

Not horrible behavior, but it's a fun story. Kathy Bates, who by most accounts seems to be one of the sweetest, most grounded actresses in Hollywood, waiting to get onto a flight on standby that's about to close. She said that she was begging to get on the flight with no luck, and that she never does it, but she said to the counter guy, "do you know who I am?" The counter guy immediately turned to co-workers and said "Could you get security over here, I've got a customer with amnesia!"

by Anonymousreply 6009/16/2010

Funny story. Love Bates anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6109/16/2010

Saw Kevin Costner constantly making sexual moves on a production assistant even after she rebuffed him, including mentioning that she was engaged to her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 6209/16/2010

Connie Stevens, pulling the "Do you know who I am?" routine doesn't surprise me. It was widely revealed during the last presidential election, that Stevens got laid by John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 6309/16/2010

"One C-list (maybe B-list) actor I know who has serious name recognition from being on a western-themed cable drama a few years ago actively campaigns for perks from various organizations and companies in the industry"%0D %0D %0D %0D %0D Someone from Deadwood? Spill! This guy sounds like an asshole and deserves to be called out.

by Anonymousreply 6409/16/2010

Jerry Lewis stepped on my mom's toe in a Vegas Hotel lobby and told her to watch where she was going.

by Anonymousreply 6509/16/2010

Half pint Gilbert was shooting the inevitable Lifetime Movie downstairs from my office in Seattle years ago. I was going to a meeting and she pushed me aside, smoking a cigarette and berating someone on her cell phone.

She frightened me.

by Anonymousreply 6609/16/2010

Seems like it had to be someone from Deadwood. Why can't they name the person?

by Anonymousreply 6709/16/2010

Don't worry R59. When her cheeks fall a few more centimeters, she will be absolutely unemployable.

by Anonymousreply 6809/16/2010

The asshole from Deadwood - Timothy Olyphant? I heard he was a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 6909/16/2010

I don't know...there's plastic surgery. Ugly girls can be employeed in Hollyweird. I mean, why do movie stars like to have pretty girlfriends in their movies? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 7009/16/2010

Any and all Keanu bad behavior is solely about him messing himself up...it's never that he was rude to someone. He's one of the nicer celebs I've heard about.

by Anonymousreply 7109/16/2010

Thanks r60. I love that story.

by Anonymousreply 7209/16/2010

Hey, R 57. I knew Laura (Sisk) Wright back when she was pumping gas at her father's gas station in Bumfucke, MD.

by Anonymousreply 7309/16/2010

Marlo Thomas

by Anonymousreply 7409/16/2010

Not sure if this is true or not, but I remember hearing that John Kerry took Dana Delany out once. When they got back to his place, he decided to put the moves on her by showing film clips of himself when he was in the Navy!

by Anonymousreply 7509/16/2010

R73, I have no idea who that it, but it is not the actress I was directing my venom to.

by Anonymousreply 7609/16/2010

R56 is someone who actually has a very good reputation for several reasons. He knows a lot of old Hollywood people and was related by marriage to even more, and he's always had this habit of specifically pointing out that X famous person is his friend/relative.

I genuinely liked him for a long time, but then he seemed to start personally attacking people out of the blue and I was really put off. I thought it was because he dealt with a huge tragedy a few years ago, but I went back to look at old comments/emails/posts of his from before the incident, and he was always like this.

He's probably a very nice guy with an ego or a clumsy way of promoting himself. I kind of feel bad for bringing him up now.

by Anonymousreply 7709/17/2010

My brother's friend did security for a restaurant. Joan Rivers walked in one day, and she brought her dog with her, and the dog is barking a lot. So various people at the restaurant were trying to eat their meals, but the barking was annoying them. The manager asked my brother's friend to ask Joan Rivers to take the dog outside. She pulled the usual "Don't you know who I am? I'm Joan Rivers!" He said, don't you know who I am? I'm security, and I don't care. She took off, and she was really pissed off.

My brother had another friend who met Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman. The guy said those two were the nicest people he ever met, and they were super down to earth people.

by Anonymousreply 7809/17/2010

[quote]I have no idea who that it, but it is not the actress I was directing my venom to.

My apologies, R50 / R54. Laura Wright plays Carly Corinthos on ABC's General Hospital.

Since she's the leading actress on an ABC soap, I'm surprised you don't know who she is.

My next guess would be either Cady McClain or Martha Byrne. Those are the only other ABC/CBS soap actresses I can think of at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 7909/17/2010

Joan Rivers, pulled all kind of crap to get free stuff from stores in Las Vegas. Asked her to leave and never return. Uber cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8009/17/2010

I saw Hayden Christensen come out of a Restaurant with his arms around another guy. They were obviously drinking and Hayden was getting really handsy with this guy. The Restaurant was in the plaza, on the north east corner of Elgin Mills Road and Yonge Street, in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada. It was in October a few years ago, around 10:00 at night. I have posted this before.

by Anonymousreply 8109/17/2010

David Schwimmer was hitting on a teenaged girl at the Toronto Film Festival a few years back....and Gwyneth Paltrow got super-pissed at having to cross the street to get to her limo.

by Anonymousreply 8209/17/2010

Aretha Franklin.

She demanded half of her performance fee in cash in a suitcase in her dressing room so she could count the money and fan herself with it during her little minibreaks and after the show.

I know this because I was responsible for guarding the suitcase. This was in Texas. In August. And we all know Aretha's feelings on air conditioning when she'll be "pruhforming".

by Anonymousreply 8409/17/2010

I heard Kerry can never remember people's names including his Teresa's PA. Read something to the effect that he has been with her for 10 years and he still can't remember his name.

by Anonymousreply 8609/17/2010

I can believe Maggie Gyllenhall is an entitled bitch and rude in the bargain. But honestly, you need a better story. Being irritated and ignoring people who are singing happy birthday in a restaurant isn't so bad. I've done it myself. She probably didn't even recognize the guy in the group who once drove her to the airport.%0D %0D I'm sure there are juicier stories out here about her.

by Anonymousreply 8709/17/2010

She's really fugly, that Maggie Gylenhal. Yuk, can't stand her, how does she get parts, she sucks as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 8809/17/2010

Joan Rivers is not a bitch, used to work for her and she couldn't have been a nicer person.

by Anonymousreply 8909/17/2010

A pro-choice rally in a public park in Los Angeles, more than a decade ago. Lots of women from the film industry, the biggest of whom was Streisand.

Since the stage had been erected just for the event, there were no facilities, just a row of luxe film-set trailers lined up behind it. Streisand, of course, had the one closest to the ramp leading to the back of the stage, which was probably 20 feet away.

She left her trailer, walked the 20 feet across the grass, stopped at the foot of the ramp, and lifted her foot without looking behind her, confident that one of her minions would be behind her with a cloth to remove any minute dirt particles that might have clung to her shoe during her trek. And she was right. Once the operation had been performed, she marched up the ramp without a word or a smile to anyone standing there.

by Anonymousreply 9009/17/2010

My cousin and her friend owned a small jewelry shop which sold mostly home-made and custom pieces. Joan Rivers walked in one day, looked at everything, pointed at several items saying "that's junk... that's crap... etc" but wound up choosing close to a thousand dollars worth of pieces and then demanded a discount.

by Anonymousreply 9109/17/2010

Joan Rivers is notoriously generous to those who work for her and very kind to her fans. A real hoot to work for and very talented.

by Anonymousreply 9209/17/2010

Anything on Steve-o or Robin Williams? Bob Knight? Jimmy Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 9309/17/2010

And that was horrible why R90? Did she march like a storm trouper, a dancer, or a drum majorette, or did she shuffle like a bag lady, or did she perhaps "walk" to the ramp. Horrible, horrible.

by Anonymousreply 9409/17/2010

Joan Rivers came into the women's fashion store I worked at fifteen years ago. She came in one day, was very brusque, and when she left we discovered she had taken a dump in one of the dressing rooms.

by Anonymousreply 9509/17/2010

I know and care very little about fashion, but I catch Joan Rivers on Fashion Police after The Soup and am amazed at how quick-witted and hilarious she still is.

I'm sure nobody will even remember who this is, but in the early 90s I worked at a hotel where Mike von Fremd of ABC News stayed while covering a local story. His credit card was declined one day when we tried to get approval for another night, and he came down stinking drunk and threw cash on the desk as he verbally abused us. Hilariously pathetic.

Another horrid journalist from that hotel job was Time's Richard Behar, just a foul fetid cunt of a human being. I wanted so much to respect him, as he had been one of the first journalists to write about the Church of Scientology and to be harassed with threats for his work. But no, now I wish the Co$ had gotten to him after all.

by Anonymousreply 9609/17/2010

R44, you're not famous but thanks for telling us about your own horrible behavior

by Anonymousreply 9709/17/2010

I've heard enough stories about John Kerry pulling the "Do you know who I am?" bit, that it's difficult to ignore them or pass them off as fiction. No, I don't have proof or a first-hand account. Then again, you can't assume he's a wonderful guy just because you agree with his politics.

by Anonymousreply 9809/17/2010

John Kerry's daughter used the "Do you kbnow who I am bit?" when she was arrested.

by Anonymousreply 9909/17/2010

Lindsay Lohan stole my pants with my stash in the pocket!

by Anonymousreply 10009/17/2010

Rose McGowan tried to kick a chair out from under me. I caught myself by grabbing onto her and she ended up falling on the ground. Her cell phone flew across the floor. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10109/17/2010

I've told my olympia dukakis story several time.

She's a bitch and a cunt and she hates Immigrates - wish is interesting.

I hate that she makes me hate her so.

by Anonymousreply 10209/17/2010

I once saw Montgomery Clift sucking Tallulah Bankhead's cock.

by Anonymousreply 10309/17/2010

Michael Feinstein and some gal pal come into a shoe store I worked at years ago; she wanted to buy some boots but wanted a huge discount and told me she'd give me some of his CD's in return. When I wasn't impressed she called over the store manager and complained. MF just smiled like some brain dead idiot. I never liked him since.....

by Anonymousreply 10409/17/2010

"I saw Hayden Christensen come out of a Restaurant with his arms around another guy. They were obviously drinking and Hayden was getting really handsy with this guy. The Restaurant was in the plaza, on the north east corner of Elgin Mills Road and Yonge Street, in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada. It was in October a few years ago, around 10:00 at night. I have posted this before." But Hayden is totally hetero!

by Anonymousreply 10509/17/2010

R83/charlie, who the fuck do you think you are? Maybe you're a wealthy donor who got to rub elbows with Hillary Clinton at a fundraiser, but I have no reason to lie about her being a complete bitch toward a staffer. It was really disappointing to witness--although I've heard similar stories from other friends who've dealt with her.

Anyway, HC's behavior didn't stop me from voting for her in my state's primary back in 2008, so it's not like I have some personal vendetta against her.

Some of you queens are unbelievable. It's like you're 5 years old and your life isn't content unless you're able to continue believing in Santa Claus. Sorry to break the news, but some of the most effective Democratic politicians are totally capable of being assholes.

by Anonymousreply 10609/17/2010

Oh, and R106 = R1

by Anonymousreply 10709/17/2010

[quote]charlie, who the fuck do you think you are? He thinks he's the hall monitor and official town crier.

by Anonymousreply 10809/17/2010

R106, you could have left out the word "Democratic" when referring to politicians. I'm working in a campaign right now for someone who is absolutely wonderful, but not all of my experiences with politicians have been that great.

The more power-driven they are, the worse they suck as human beings.

by Anonymousreply 10909/17/2010

R109, I couldn't leave out the word "Democratic" when referring to politicians. My point is that when some of the sacred cows of the Democratic Party are cast in an unfavorable light, some people here go ballistic.

by Anonymousreply 11009/17/2010

More details, R101--why was she trying to kick a chair out from under you?

by Anonymousreply 11109/17/2010

Yeah, I've noticed that, R110.

I doubt Hillary got where she is by being America's Sweetheart. That doesn't mean I like her any less (or any more).

Even though they're entertaining, these posts where someone sees a snippet and makes assumptions are a bit unfair anyway, considering we have no way of knowing whether that staffer genuinely earned HRC's wrath.

by Anonymousreply 11209/17/2010

R50 was it Beth Ehlers or Lesli Kaye or Bobbie Eakes or Saundra Santiago?

by Anonymousreply 11309/17/2010

"My point is that when some of the sacred cows of the Democratic Party are cast in an unfavorable light, some people here go ballistic."

Are you retarded? The person going on and on about Kerry is just a troll trying to start shit. They are making things up. The Hilary shit is probably made up, too.

This board is so infested with freepers lately - notice no one is trashing Republican politicians in this thread. I guess that means they are all saints *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 11409/18/2010

R102 - Liza is that you?

by Anonymousreply 11509/18/2010

Speaking of Liza, she is known for demanding a carton of cigarettes and a case of Yoo-Hoo Chocolate Drink - for each and every performance.

If she doesn't get enough nicotine and chocolate, she gets - not nasty, but even needier than she already is.

by Anonymousreply 11609/18/2010

I've posted this before here, but I'll do it again.

I was a 20 year old kid working in a hotel lobby bar in LA. Very posh. The bar was situated in a very odd place, tucked away in the corner of the vast, sunken lobby. Guests got to said lobby via a stair well. The other side of the stair well served as one wall of the lobby bar. I know that sounds strange, and it was. 99% of guest who walked down the stairwell were invisible to us at the bar until the reached the bottom of the stairs. One had to be over 6'4" to be seen as one descended down the stairs. And if one was, we from down below would see a "head" floating down the stairs. Hope that makes sense.

ANYWAY, one night a saw a strange head floating down the stairs and it caught my eye. I looked up for a few seconds, then went back to washing glasses (my job).

A few beats later Tim fucking Robbins was in my face YELLING at me. He said every cliche in the book:

"Do you know who the fuck I am?"

"Do you??"

"How dare you stare at me?"

"Don't ever fucking look me in the eye!"

The whole (very busy) lobby bar just stopped. I was mortified. For him. He was slimy. Creepy. And really tall.

That is all.

Whew.

by Anonymousreply 11709/18/2010

Lucille Ball pissed on my sidewalk one day.

And laughed about it.

by Anonymousreply 11809/18/2010

r81, how is that an example of "horrible celebrity behavior"??

by Anonymousreply 11909/18/2010

A hundred years ago when I was nine my folks took me with them to a convention that was held in one of the big hotels in Miami. While they did the networking thing I hung out with other convention orphans. There was also a bunch of celebrities around for some kind of even hosted by Merv Griffith and we were always trying to spot one although we never worked up the nerve to approach any of them.

One day I was with one of my friends at the pool when a comedienne, Totie Fields, who was quite famous at the time, came down to lay out in the sun. It was a perfect opportunity to get her autograph since she was alone and not doing anything so my buddy and I gathered up our courage and decided to ask her for her autograph.

We waited until she was settled then very nervously approached her. She went ballistic, screaming and swearing at the top of her lungs about fucking little bastards bothering her. We tried to say we were sorry for bugging her, but she wouldn't shut up and being fairly naive kids who'd never been exposed to that kind of behavior from adults we just stood there in shock and took it.

It only ended when one of the lifeguards came over and apologized to that bitch, then took us to the hotel's cafe and bought us huge sundaes and told us that some celebrities were jerks and it was best to just stay clear of all of them. It was a lessen I took to heart and almost fifty years later still have never approached another celebrity for an autograph even when they are already interacting with a crowd of fans.

by Anonymousreply 12009/18/2010

Tim Robbins is a horrible man. I was a featured extra on a film he directed in the 90s (Cradle Will Rock) and he was incredibly rude to his crew.

One afternoon Susan Sarandon was on the set. He was so nasty to her it was unbelievable and she was so accommodating and just sat back and took it and tried to appease him and calm him down. He made Christian Bale seem like the Dali Lama.

by Anonymousreply 12109/18/2010

R120, if that happened more often, it would happen less often before too long.

by Anonymousreply 12209/18/2010

LMAO@R4, R3, AND R2!!!

by Anonymousreply 12309/18/2010

I've always been curious about why people ask celebrities for their autographs. I'm not disparaging R120 because he was a child, but why do adults approach celebrities when they're trying to eat dinner or spend time with friends to get them to sign their names on pieces of paper?

Do people entertain their friends for years afterward by showing them that name on a piece of paper?

What are autographs for?

by Anonymousreply 12409/18/2010

I think autograph hounds are ridiculous and all those people who bug celebs for pictures, DAMN RIDICULOUS.

by Anonymousreply 12509/18/2010

R124, can I have your autograph?

by Anonymousreply 12609/18/2010

I saw Barbara Bush in public.

I win.

by Anonymousreply 12709/18/2010

I LOVE the retort to:

Don't you know who I am?

No, do you have amnesia?

I will be using it.

by Anonymousreply 12809/18/2010

Another good response to the "Don't you know who I am?" routine:

A year or two ago someone here wrote about waiting on Jane Alexander at a restaurant. When she demanded, "Don't you know who I am?" the waiter responded, "Jessica Tandy?"

by Anonymousreply 12909/18/2010

Anyone who wants to read Maggie Gyllenhaal stories, check her IMDB board. Some crew members from her movies have posted about her on there.

by Anonymousreply 13009/18/2010

Wow - certainly no love for Maggie. I wonder when her time in Hollywood will be up? She seems to be the rare triple of ugly, one-note, and a raging cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13209/18/2010

Is there a Maggie G troll on DL? I don't know many people who have ever given her a second thought, including me. It's a bit of a surprise to see such hatred being spewed about her.

by Anonymousreply 13409/18/2010

[quote]And that was horrible why [R90]? Did she march like a storm trouper, a dancer, or a drum majorette, or did she shuffle like a bag lady, or did she perhaps "walk" to the ramp. Horrible, horrible.

It was horrible behavior because every other "celebrity" at the event was doing her best to be friendly, accessible, and to leave the attitude at the gate.

If I remember, the group was Women in Film (not sure of that), and the speakers' list was packed with Democratic women from entertainment and politics (Barbara Boxer, Morgan Fairchild, etc. - oh, and Lili Zanuck; talk about a power-name from the past).

The accommodations weren't luxe, but they weren't exactly Afghanistan, either -- a park in West L.A. on a beautiful day, with a large temporary stage and a row of trailers behind it. Everyone was pleasant and amenable to working with the organizers, and a lot of the guest stars were excited to either meet each other or see each other again.

Streisand arrived in a limo (no big deal), swept into her trailer with entourage, ignoring everyone (rude), left instructions not to be bothered until it was her turn to go onstage, and then pulled the imperial move of walking 20 feet and standing like a stork while some functionary rushed to clean the sole of her shoe. In context, it was imperious, and it was horrible; the others mingled with each other and the big donors who had paid to be in the VIP area next to the stage, and while it was probably too much to expect Streisand to do a meet-and-greet with the others for charity, it wasn't too much to expect her to exhibit the most basic of pleasantries to her hosts.

As for the poster who wondered why many of the celebrities in this thread seem to be liberal/Democratic, I'd guess it's because 1) most celebrities lean to the left; and 2) most of us aren't going to be in places where we have a lot of up-close contact with the likes of Chuck Norris and the other conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 13509/18/2010

r. 92 IS Joan Rivers.

by Anonymousreply 13609/18/2010

Liza Minnelli is notorious for smoking in her dressing room and backstage in the theatre when she gives a concert, even though it's not permitted. She can't function without her cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 13709/18/2010

You know, I have to say that if I were to become rich and famous I would probably end up being a little rude/demanding.

However, I would NEVER EVER use the "don't you know who I am?" routine. That just seems insane.

by Anonymousreply 13809/18/2010

I want to know why R101 was throwing down with Rose McGowan!!

by Anonymousreply 13909/18/2010

Me, too--come back R101 and tell us what you did to piss off Rose McGowan.

by Anonymousreply 14009/18/2010

[quote]Joan Rivers is not a bitch, used to work for her and she couldn't have been a nicer person.

Thanks Missy for posting this. Now why can't you fix that horsey face you have.

by Anonymousreply 14109/18/2010

I've told this here before. In 1995, I was Julia Roberts in NYC. Our eyes met as I approached her, and she got a pissed look on her face. I told her I graduated 15 years before she did at the same school, and we had the same senior English teacher. She melted and turned back into the southern girl she was.

by Anonymousreply 14209/18/2010

I once saw Queen Elizabeth eat off a paper plate. A big ol pile of red-potato salad and sliced beef tongue. She wiped on her "Bestest Mum in the World" T shirt.

I could just throw up.

by Anonymousreply 14309/18/2010

Can't be too specific, but Richard Gere at a charity event saying something rude included a curse word to a child. Although it was with a joking tone it was inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 14409/18/2010

r29, I believe with my whole heart that Madonna is a stone cold bitch. But if a father needs to be told to spend more time with his child, it deserves berating.

by Anonymousreply 14609/19/2010

R146, have you SEEN Lourdes?

by Anonymousreply 14709/19/2010

1987 or 1988. I was walking down 5th Avenue, midtown, and this totally hot guy in a business suit was screaming into a pay phone, just yelling and swearing.

He was so hot and riled up, I stood and stared at him. Other people did, too, but walked by. I pretended I needed to use the phone - my excuse to stand nearby.

He finally got off the phone, looked at me, and shrugged, "Agents."

It was Alec Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 14809/19/2010

This is actually a positive celebrity story. I don't think the person in the encounter is working much these days, at least not on TV. She was an absolute doll when I'd approached her.

I think she was in "24" years after our encounter, I'm not sure if it was a guest role because I rarely watched the show. She was on another show which was cancelled, at the time we'd met, she was on a popular daytime soap.

I was waiting at a downtown movie theater for a few friends. This theater also sells coffee, snacks and has tables, I'd rather not name the theater.

My friends were pretty late and I was thinking about leaving. This was before everyone and their dog had cell phones, so I had no idea where they were.

I sat down at an empty table, when I'd noticed a young woman sitting alone at another table, at the time she was appearing on one of my favorite soaps, "One Life To Live".

It was Reiko Alyesworth, who had been on the show in a steady capacity when I'd met her. At that point in the show, her character was captured and possibly about be be raped by the original 'Todd', Roger Howarth. A character and actor I couldn't stand.

I had approached her, asked her if she was indeed Reiko Alyesworth, then told her I loved her work on the show, she then asked me to sit down, I was shocked. We chatted awhile about the show, she seemed a bit disgusted with all the attention the Todd character was being given. I told her I disliked the character as well as Roger Howarth portrayal.

She laughed and basically acknowledged she felt the same way, rolling her eyes when I'd mentioned Howarth.

The next part of the conversation shocked me, she told me, without out any prompting from me, the upcoming story lines as well as who was leaving the show. She also told me her character was about to be written off. I guess she revealed so much because she was disgusted with the producers and was leaving anyway.

One of my close friends had a gallery nearby, I had invited Ms. Alyesworth to the gallery's next opening exhibition. I described the building where the gallery was located and she knew it. She actually did show up.

by Anonymousreply 14909/19/2010

[quote]I've told this here before. In 1995, I was Julia Roberts in NYC. Our eyes met as I approached her, and she got a pissed look on her face. I told her I graduated 15 years before she did at the same school, and we had the same senior English teacher. She melted and turned back into the southern girl she was.

What on earth made you think she would give a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 15009/19/2010

[quote]In 1995, I was Julia Roberts in NYC

So, you were Julia Roberts in 1995? Who have you been in other years?

by Anonymousreply 15109/19/2010

Well, r120, at least Totie Fields got what was coming to her.

Karma was indeed a bitch to her.

by Anonymousreply 15209/19/2010

[quote]It was horrible behavior because every other "celebrity" at the event was doing her best to be friendly, accessible, and to leave the attitude at the gate.

Sorry 135, NOTHING you've reported would be considered horrible behavior. The fact she didn't come running to you in slow motion and hug you is your hang up.

by Anonymousreply 15309/19/2010

Julia R. Hardware store. Crystal bowl. I think I've said too much....oh god, she's going to get me!

by Anonymousreply 15409/19/2010

Sadder than the celebrity-hating trolls (don't spot any in this thread, although possibly the Maggie G. comments...) are the apologists.

charlie, just because someone was nice to you (a huge Dem donor, you've told us) doesn't mean they can't have been cunty to someone else. Your family money puts you in their circle, so they treat you better.

Is it normal for celebs to be distant and rude? Sure. Does it count as horrible behavior for the purposes of one frivolous thread? Why the fuck wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 15509/19/2010

I forgot to remember the post, but sweetie, EVERYONE that hires Maggie G does it to get to her brother. They are Violet and Sebastian Venable in a gay world.

Tennessee WIlliams could write their story.

by Anonymousreply 15609/19/2010

All these stories are FAKE.

by Anonymousreply 15709/19/2010

Oh, Cheryl, you are so unfresh.

by Anonymousreply 15809/19/2010

Helen Cunt is well...a CUNT! Rude, nasty and has constant bitchface. ALL the cast and crew HATED her on Mad About You. I should know I worked on the show. FUCKING BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 15909/19/2010

[quote] My next guess would be either Cady McClain or Martha Byrne. Those are the only other ABC/CBS soap actresses I can think of at the moment.

Catherine Hickland was on "Capitol" on CBS, then on "Loving" and "One Life To Live" on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 16009/19/2010

[quote]What are autographs for?

To prove that you really did meet someone.

by Anonymousreply 16209/19/2010

[quote]What are autographs for?

I agree with R162 that they act as proof that you really did meet someone.

But I also think that mainly the interaction of asking for and receiving an autograph acts as a device to get the celebrity to stop and for a brief moment actually interact with the autograph seeker. This allows the fan an up close look at the celeb which is more than one will get as just an onlooker.

by Anonymousreply 16309/19/2010

I prefer to fuck my celebrities. So much more meaningful than an autograph.

by Anonymousreply 16409/19/2010

[quote]Sorry 135, NOTHING you've reported would be considered horrible behavior. The fact she didn't come running to you in slow motion and hug you is your hang up. The Log Cabinettes have nothing on the Streisand apologists when it comes to complete denial. Babs could take a shit in an old lady's mouth before cutting off her head and throwing it at a troop of handicapped Girl Scouts and they'd find a way to rationalize it.

by Anonymousreply 16509/19/2010

[quote]Babs could take a shit in an old lady's mouth before cutting off her head and throwing it at a troop of handicapped Girl Scouts and they'd find a way to rationalize it.

Haven't YOU ever had a bad day?????

by Anonymousreply 16609/19/2010

Jake and Maggie's parents were screenwriters and directors -- Hence they shoved their darling untalented, ugly brats on the American Public.

by Anonymousreply 16709/19/2010

Maggie G. is not a great talent. Her brother is even less talented. All the stories I heard about her are about her being a bitch. Way back when The Secretary came out (and she was really a nobody then) I met someone who worked on the film who told me she was difficult in the sense that she thought of herself as a big star and demanded to be treated like one. Then I met someone who worked on a film that she was considered for about five years ago, but she was not hired because her demands for script changes were preposterous. And she would have been the least well known one in that cast. Yet she was the only one demanding re-writes. The demands had nothing to do with script quality and all to do with MG, apparently, thinking she's of such great importance people should do whatever she wants if they want to work with her. And, yes, casting her in the Batman film was a joke. She is not an attractive woman. I wonder at what point directors will stop calling her since she is not easy to work with.

by Anonymousreply 16809/19/2010

Stick with the serious posts, please. The joke posts are predictable and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 16909/19/2010

Don't know about Maggie's personality, but I agree with r161 that she is striking and attractive in her own way.

by Anonymousreply 17009/19/2010

I guess that's why they decided to kill her character off...it was kind of laughable that she was the object of so much affection. I know that sounds really shallow but it was the first thing that occured to me while watching Dark Knight.

by Anonymousreply 17109/19/2010

Obviously R120's story is before Ms. Fields had her prosthetic leg, or she would've severely beat them with it before throwing it at them.

by Anonymousreply 17209/19/2010

Mame.

by Anonymousreply 17309/19/2010

Though I got it second hand, I heard that Glenn Ford was absolutely rotten to Bette Davis when they were filming "Pocketful of Miracles."

by Anonymousreply 17509/19/2010

[quote]Though I got it second hand, I heard that Glenn Ford was absolutely rotten to Bette Davis when they were filming "Pocketful of Miracles."

Try reading Frank Capra's book "Name Above the Title" to read about Ford's behavior on that film. Ford was the Producer of the film and if I recall Hope Lange was his girlfriend at the time. Ford imposed his vision on the great Frank Capra.

It was Capra's last feature film.

by Anonymousreply 17609/19/2010

Jake Gyllenhall is "breathtaking"? Are you high?

by Anonymousreply 17709/20/2010

No, R177. I was talking about the fact that the camera loves him, that's all. As I said earlier, I've seen him in person, wandering around the WV a few yrs. ago, and he is attractive, but in a very ordinary way, if that makes sense. He isn't outstanding, or anything. I said "breathtaking" to illustrate the contrast between him in real life, and him on film.

by Anonymousreply 17809/20/2010

Maybe four or five years ago, I was eating at The Cheescake Factory at The Grove in L.A. with friends and family. At the table next to ours sat a man who looked very very familiar. His back was to me, his table was large and set with fresh water glasses and bread and butter; he was waiting for lots of people to join him. And he kept looking at his watch.

Finally, when he got up to talk to the waiter, I could see it was David Spade. I whispered to the others at my table to take a peek, which they did. I don't think David noticed anyone looking. In fact, he sat back down alone at the table, with no one--not one person in the restaurant--giving him a second glance as far as I could tell.

When his guests finally arrived, you could tell they were family because they all looked like him. Even the women.

True story. Not bad celebrity behavior, but true nonetheless.

But I will admit I was disappointed because Heather Locklear (who he was dating at the time) never joined him that evening.

by Anonymousreply 17909/20/2010

Details r159, details!

I always heard she's a bitch but no one ever gives examples. Please do.

by Anonymousreply 18009/20/2010

Helen Hunt today, looking like a bag of laffs.

by Anonymousreply 18109/20/2010

[quote]But I also think that mainly the interaction of asking for and receiving an autograph acts as a device to get the celebrity to stop and for a brief moment actually interact with the autograph seeker. This allows the fan an up close look at the celeb which is more than one will get as just an onlooker.

And nothing is wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 18209/20/2010

Boy, Helen Hunt looks just like the bitter, nasty thing that she is. Finally the outside matches the inside.

by Anonymousreply 18309/20/2010

[quote]s the ABC/CBS actress Robin Strasser? I worked with her on a play, what a manipulative, raging c-bitch.

You forgot to mention that you were married to her when you did that play, Larry.

By the way, I saw you at the baths in 1973. No one Robin was testy, she wasn't get much from you.

by Anonymousreply 18409/20/2010

Good God, Helen Hunt looks simply awful. Shriveled, thin-lipped, nervous. The bitter bile has taken over. She could easily get a part in Night of the Living Dead Part Something or Other. As a corpse. Not as a living person.

by Anonymousreply 18509/20/2010

complete opposite (good celebrity behavior), but couldn't resist. was an assistant pulled in to help out w/a project at a production co. associated w/ben affleck. never expected to see him, but during a break, i was sitting on a couch in a side-lobby & his head popped up behind one of the cubicles. he started walking the hallway toward me. well-trained, i averted my eyes. (in retrospect, he probably thought i was a dick for not making eye-contact.) he walked past me & into the main lobby where auditioning actors were waiting. he did a total meet & greet w/them, thanking them for showing up & making sure they were comfortable. impressive.

by Anonymousreply 18609/20/2010

Helen Hunt turned into The Crypt Keeper -

by Anonymousreply 18709/20/2010

Wow! R187, the likeness of her in that picture is so incredible.

by Anonymousreply 18809/20/2010

[quote]guess that's why they decided to kill her character off...it was kind of laughable that she was the object of so much affection. I know that sounds really shallow but it was the first thing that occured to me while watching Dark Knight.

So you think they decided to kill off her character while filming because you don't find her attractive, and not because that's how the script was written months before anyone was even hired and a foot of film was shot?

by Anonymousreply 18909/20/2010

Yes [R189], I belive that in the original script Maggie's character was to become Batgirl.

by Anonymousreply 19009/20/2010

Oh, c'mon, the pic of HH is probably shopped to death or just a bad shot.

by Anonymousreply 19109/20/2010

Helen looks like Lauren Bacall's mother

by Anonymousreply 19209/20/2010

This thread should also question why we, as 'mere mortals', completely accept the fact that actors and actresses have to be delusional, arrogant and nasty. That people who work near them have to look away etc. Are you serious?!

Honestly, who the hell are they? They act, that is it. And in most instances, unless they're also screenwriters, they aren't even speaking their own scripts.

Why have people accepted celebrties wacky behavior as normal? Someone wipes the bottoms pf Streisand's SHOES. I feel bad that the person has such low self esteem they consider that their job!

No one ever seems to question why celebrities think they deserve their lofty status, after all, they sure aren't coming up with a cure for AIDS or cancer!

by Anonymousreply 19309/20/2010

[quote]No one ever seems to question why celebrities think they deserve their lofty status, after all, they sure aren't coming up with a cure for AIDS or cancer!

You have missed one crucial point: the American public CREATED the cult of celebrity. We pay outrageous salaries (and yes, we're the one's ultimately paying them) to actors -- and to sports stars who can barely string five coherent words together -- and practically worship the ground upon which they walk.

So why shouldn't they feel entitled? They're merely giving the public what it wants.

by Anonymousreply 19409/20/2010

R 194, don't blame the entire American public as a whole for creating the cult of celebrity! It's sad that people live vicariously through celebrities lives, no one is putting a gun to your head to worship these people.

I work in fashion, over the years I've worked with many famous models and actresses when I was a stylist on photo shoots, now I'm a Creative Director in fashion advertising.

When I was much younger, my idiot closet case boss at the time, told me, "Don't you dare look or talk to Brooke!" Yes, it was Brooke Shields, who was as sweet as can be to everyone.

Not missing a beat, I told my moronic boss, "It's going to be pretty damn hard not looking or talking to her, the other stylist and I will be fixing the clothing and accessories once she has them on her body!" People as stupid as my ridiculous former boss are the reason these celebrities act as if they walk on water.

I always tell my staff, be friendly, but don't annoy any famous people who come up to the agency or the ones we are photographing.

I actually blame the media for this currently overblown and absurd cult of celebrity, the media also makes idiots such as Sarah Palin into viable Presidential candidates!

No one is twisting our arms to accept this behavior, if you don't want to be a sheep, don't be one.

by Anonymousreply 19509/20/2010

About ten years ago I was at a minor league baseball game with my family when a large group of people began to make their way up the steps towards our seats, which were the top of the grandstands in front of the private boxes. I was 11 at the time, too young to really remember anything about his politics or presidency but enough of a history buff to recognize George H. W. Bush the minute I saw him. With him were Barbara and four or five secret service men. It was a poorly-attended game (early on a weekday) and they weren't bothered on their way up despite using the public entrance.

I was young and couldn't pass up the chance at meeting a president, so I introduced myself as he made his way by and asked him to sign the only thing I had: the baseball glove I brought to catch fly balls with. Barbara made some comment about how this was a waste of time because he wasn't a baseball player, so he smiled at me and asked if I had anything smaller for him to sign. I found my ticket stub and he ended up autographing both.

He was very friendly and greeted everyone in my family. Barbara, on the other hand, stood there visibly annoyed, didn't make eye contact with any of us and rushed out of the general admission section as soon as she was able. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19609/20/2010

R149, you're obviously referring to the Angelica. Why, in a thread where you name names, are you afraid to mention the name of the movie theater?

by Anonymousreply 19709/20/2010

[quote]I actually blame the media for this currently overblown and absurd cult of celebrity, the media also makes idiots such as Sarah Palin into viable Presidential candidates!

I agree. The media is so loathsome and has so many fucking idiots in its ranks.

by Anonymousreply 19909/20/2010

[quote]You have missed one crucial point: the American public CREATED the cult of celebrity.

That's bullcrap. It's the MEDIA, the MEDIA, the MEDIA!

Look how they shoved Anna N. Smith at us TWENTTY-FOUR-SEVEN for two fuckin' years. There was no way to get away from her. It wasn't confined to gossip TV, it was on the morning news, the noon news, the evening news and special reports.

The Anerican public had that bitch forced on them for years. The only way to get away from her was to unplug the TV and stop reading newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 20009/20/2010

I was an extra in a film with John Hurt once. He played a professor, and the scene we were shooting was in a classroom. Any time there was the tinest break in shooting, even if it was literally for ten seconds while they reset, he would go and hide behind this free standing chalkboard that his character was writing on. Like literally the second they called cut he'd dive behind it until he had to come out. But it wasn't very big so you could still see his lower body and the tip of his head. Sort of like how my dog hides her head under the sofa cushions and thinks she can't be seen. That's not bad behavior (sorry) just kind of odd.

by Anonymousreply 20109/20/2010

[quote]and they made on forgettable captivating films.

Oh, the old age home got the high speed back I see. "In my day movies were "on forgettable and captivating". In your day movies were even worse and they made more of it.

by Anonymousreply 20209/20/2010

R203= LOL

by Anonymousreply 20409/20/2010

Oh, throw it dooown, gramps! Throw it down.

NURSE! R203's leaky diaper needs a changin. Dagwood Bumstead marathon is coming on in 10 minutes. Can't miss those classics.

by Anonymousreply 20509/20/2010

Hell yeah, R190. And you're not the only one who thought so. In fact, soon after the film came out, there was a whole thread on IMDb made up of people arguing about whether or not The Joker was really just being a totally sarcastic bitch every time he referred to her as "Beautiful." I was one of those who thought his intent in calling her that was pure bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 20709/20/2010

How embarrassing, to have failed so spectacularly in public r206/r204/r203/r198/r188.

You poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 20809/20/2010

R208=eats Helen Hunt's turds.

You poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 20909/20/2010

[quote]That's bullcrap. It's the MEDIA, the MEDIA, the MEDIA!

The media are panderers. They assess what they think the public wants, and gives them more of it.

[quote]Look how they shoved Anna N. Smith at us TWENTTY-FOUR-SEVEN for two fuckin' years.

Who??? I've never heard of her. Honestly.

by Anonymousreply 21009/20/2010

You don't know of Anna Nicole Smith? I didn't think there was anyone on this planet lucky enough not to know about that ignorant slut, r210. Congratulations! She's been dead for several years but the trial of her drug suppliers is still making the news. It's still being shoved at us by the MEDIA.

by Anonymousreply 21109/20/2010

Sorry, I didn't realize Anna N. was Anna Nicole. I thought this was some political commentator.

But I disagree that she was "shoved" at us. The public hungrily devoured each detail and asked for more. If we had issued a collective yawn, the story wouldn't have had the legs it did.

by Anonymousreply 21209/20/2010

[quote]The public hungrily devoured each detail and asked for more.

I guess the people I hang with are not "public" since we bragged about how many actual months we stopped watching TV, mainly because of the media throwing ANS at us. Maybe you're hanging with the wrong people if all your friends "hungrily devoured each detail and asked for more." Are you in the Village? Maybe it's a New York thing.

by Anonymousreply 21309/20/2010

R211 et al. is an idiot. Bleached blonde ignorant sluts are more popular than ever. Have you heard of Kendra and Holly?

And if one of us dies young, like ANS, it only increases her popularity.

by Anonymousreply 21409/20/2010

[quote] Have you heard of Kendra and Holly?

No, I honestly haven't. Why do you allow the media to toss ignorant people at you?

Several years ago, I was checking out "The Apprentice" and they were featuring that nasty bitch from hell - Amarousa or something like that. I shut that show off and never went back. When the networks throw that crap at you, go somewhere else. Are you glued to your TV to catch every fake utterance from Mary Hart? Do you live to hear the latest from that jackass Billy Bush? They don't infest my TV. Don't you have a remote?

by Anonymousreply 21509/20/2010

[quote]He was very friendly and greeted everyone in my family. Barbara, on the other hand, stood there visibly annoyed, didn't make eye contact with any of us and rushed out of the general admission section as soon as she was able. Cunt.

Well, it still worked out very well for you, didn't it?

by Anonymousreply 21609/20/2010

I was standing by Queen Elizabeth, back in the 80's, while she pretended to be interested in the mundane answer she got from her mundane question. Much like my post.

by Anonymousreply 21709/20/2010

I saw Streisand pick her nose and eat it at a gas station once.

by Anonymousreply 21809/20/2010

No you didn't, R218. That was Ryan Phillippe.

I know. They do look a lot alike.

by Anonymousreply 21909/20/2010

there's a documentary about the last days of chasen's, an old hollywood celebrity haunt/. one thing that stood out to me was the footage of the celebrities getting out of their cars heading into the restaurant... they smiled and waved to the fans gathered around & even stopped to chat & sign a few autographs. a noticeable contrast to the dour expressions and scurrying of the celebrities in public nowadays... of course, the soulless, relentless paparazzi probably had a hand in that as well.

by Anonymousreply 22009/21/2010

Someone mentioned Heather Locklear.A very long time ago I had a 'supporting studies' job doing security at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. One night her husband at the time's band were playing - sorry not my kind of music so can't remember there name but .... I opened a door in the backstage area and there was this diminutive little thing, Heather Locklear. I stood back to let her go through and she smiled the warmest smile and said "No. After you". The complete opposite of this thread I know, but she was just the sweetest most down to earth thing.

In the same job I had just one "don;t you know who I am" which was at a tennis tournament and it turned out to be Pete Samprass' coach Brad somebody and of course I didn't know who he was. Finally, the only performer in a place where most every name eventually worked who had us all called together and told that looking her in the eyes would lead to instant dismiassal : Witney Houston, pre trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 22109/21/2010

Is entertainment the US biggest export? One attention-getting comment can affect millions of dollars in sales domestically. I wonder if some of our Puritanism isn't just quality control of products before they reach foreign markets, I also wonder if competition has created cannibalism where competing brands trash one anothers' actors to achieve a higher gross by default.

by Anonymousreply 22209/21/2010

r221 - Could that have been Brad Gilbert? He's a former tennis player and was actually Agassi's coach from 1994 - 2002. Comes across as a boofhead.

by Anonymousreply 22309/21/2010

I got into an elevator with Streisand and she farted. I think it was deliberate, to make sure she rode alone.

by Anonymousreply 22409/21/2010

[quote]The complete opposite of this thread I know, but she was just the sweetest most down to earth thing.

I'll second that. I have served dozens of famous actors, politicians, sports stars and tycoons. Heather Locklear is at the top of the list of kindest and most gracious celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 22509/21/2010

That's the one R223 - Brad Gilbert. He was quite the bully and I was just doing my job. Interestingly - you've prompted my memory - Agassi showed his pass without being asked and OF COURSE I knew who he was!

by Anonymousreply 22609/21/2010

R221, that is the same thing with Diana Ross. I knew this lady whose daughter was a manager at this concert hall, and Diana Ross instructed that the staff who worked there were not to look at her nor even address her. Barbara Streisand thinks the public is totally beneath her, and she is above everyone else. Also, I have heard that everything Barbara Streisand does is to gain total focus on her.

by Anonymousreply 22709/21/2010

I once went to Paris, put my cases in my room and went for a walk and one of the first people I saw was Catherine Deneuve standing in front of The Plaza Athenee looking very hissy about the fact she had to wait to get a taxi. Stomping about, flustering the hotel porter and looking very alarmed that I had recognised her in spite of her dark glasses.

It just amused me that one of the first people I saw in Paris was Ms. Deneuve. Like arriving in NY and seeing Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 22809/21/2010

[quote]I want to pay Hollywood as less money as possible.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22909/21/2010

"In fact, soon after the film came out, there was a whole thread on IMDb made up of people arguing about whether or not The Joker was really just being a totally sarcastic bitch every time he referred to her as "Beautiful.""

LOL--it gives her character a whole different perspective, doesn't it? I love it.

by Anonymousreply 23009/21/2010

Hopefully this doesn't kill the thread--one-hit wonder Shawn Mullins was appearing at the university I worked for at the time about 6 years ago ($8 a ticket, LOL). His blonde bimbo of a wife and her "entourage" wanted to use the workout facilities before the concert--she stepped to the counter at the gym and announced "Excuse me, I am MRS. SHAWN MULLINS!", as if the 18 year old freshman behind the counter had actually heard of his has-been ass.

by Anonymousreply 23109/21/2010

I know she's not well known outside of The Hills and DWTS but Audrina Patridge is a sweetheart. No attitude at all.

by Anonymousreply 23209/21/2010

I rent a storage locker in Stamford, Connecticut. There used to be signs on the wall instructing people not to look at the celebrities. When I asked one of the employees who the "celebrities" were, he said "Diana Ross." She lives in a mansion in nearby Greenwich, Conn. I can't imagine why she needed extra storage room!

by Anonymousreply 23309/21/2010

Well fuck the bunch of them...like somebodies going to tell me who I can look at. Celebs...what a bunch of dopes.

by Anonymousreply 23409/21/2010

I've always heard so many horrible things about Streisand, I'm surprised she has any fans at all. Is it all true or just bullshit brought up by right wingers? I've heard over and over again, that she's extremely cheap and won't tip.

by Anonymousreply 23509/21/2010

"Is it all true or just bullshit brought up by right wingers?"

Sorry R235 I don't mean for this to sound rude, but what on earth does this have to do with politics? I once watched Joan Rivers show, "How Did You Get So Rich?" Joan interviewed this couple and they said they were looking for these certain rattan tables for their patio. They said their friend Barbara Streisand said, I know exactly what you are talking about. Barbara bought the tables for them as a present. Joan's mouth dropped and she said, Barbara? Bought you the tables and gave them to you?! For free?!! What?!! So people like Joan Rivers know all the inside crap about the rich and Famous that the public doesn't so apparently it is true that Barbara being very cheap. Also, I have heard that if Barbara Streisand gives something to someone or if she is doing something for charity, there is always something more than meets the eye. She usually has an ulterior motive behind what she is doing. Most of the time it’s to benefit her. She looks out for number one.

by Anonymousreply 23609/21/2010

Helen Hunt -- although it wasn't necessarily BAD behavior, but RIDICULOUS behavior. This was in the 80s, when she was dating Matthew Broderick. I was sitting in the back row at some Off-Bway theatre (forget the show), and right before curtain in comes Broderick and Hunt. He was fine, but she was holding her program in front of her face; you know, so as not to be recognized (!).

But no one was looking at her. I heard folks beside me say "Oh, there's Matthew Broderick and his girlfriend"...and then went right back to reading talking about where they were going to eat after the show.

She sat in her seat all hunched up, hiding her face...and looked like a fucking idiot. Because no one fucking CARED. Broderick, on the other hand, was perfectly normal: spoke when spoken to (by the one person that said something to him), and otherwise was a regular person at the theatre.

by Anonymousreply 23709/21/2010

It only took r209 6 attempts to figure out how to delete its cookies. LOL. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 23809/21/2010

[quote]Also, I have heard that everything Barbara Streisand does is to gain total focus on her. And I've heard and seen that you're a complete MORON!

by Anonymousreply 23909/21/2010

Well I almost had a "do you know who I am" moment, and was rescued by a celebrity...

A couple years ago, I was invited to a reading from an anthology at the Cornelia Street Cafe. My work was in the anthology, and the editor organized a reading with actors doing monologues from it. We weren't getting paid for it, but we were told we'd be getting in for free.

So I went in and said "I'm one of the writers" to the guy at the entrance and he said: "That'll be $15." And I said: No, I'm in this anthology, they're reading my work tonight, and I've been invited to attend.

And he said: No. Everyone pays. That'll be $15. And I said: Are you charging the ACTORS? And he didn't answer me. And I said: you wouldn't have a reading without the authors. What if I don't HAVE $15? Will you turn me away?

And the guy behind me said: May I pay your admission? You really shouldn't have to. I didn't want to make someone else pay for the Cornelia Street's selfishness, so I pulled out my wallet (and had just about $15 on me), and thanked the guy behind me, who turned out to be Anthony Edwards. I should've let him pay...I'm sure he's still doing all right from his ER residuals.

by Anonymousreply 24009/21/2010

hi larry

by Anonymousreply 24109/21/2010

People who hound celebs with headshots to sign and then sell the autographs all know each other and share tips, horror stories, etc. Apparently, the star who will sign everything handed to him with a smile, regardless of his schedule, is Johnny Depp. The star who won't sign a thing and is always scowling is Cameron Diaz.

by Anonymousreply 24209/21/2010

I just found the Depp/Diaz link

by Anonymousreply 24309/21/2010

I can't believe they wanted the authors to pay...someone should be beaten over the head with a tire iron.

by Anonymousreply 24409/21/2010

"Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress," Oh, dear...suck ass much? Cameron is horrible and wooden. She was horrible in The Holiday.

by Anonymousreply 24609/21/2010

In college, a friend of mine waited on Heather Locklear - during her Dynasty days - and told me she wasn't just the nicest celebrity who'd ever come in, but one of the nicest customers, period ... she had a great dinner, lots of laughs, engaged him in conversation when he'd come by the table and left a generous tip.

She came in a few weeks later with another group of people, saw him, and said "Hi, Jim!" That did it for him - he said he had regular customers who didn't bother to learn his name, much less remember it.

by Anonymousreply 24809/21/2010

R215 why are you wasting your no doubt valuable time trolling on this thread, making stupid, presumptuous, condescending posts?

Of course, I have a remote (which I use every time Hart or Bush appear on my screen). What I don't do is obsessed over others' viewing habits.

If you don't like something, don't watch it. However, don't get so wrapped up in your delusions of superiority that you forget you're on DL, not the PBS viewers' board.

by Anonymousreply 24909/21/2010

[quote]I once watched Joan Rivers show, "How Did You Get So Rich?" Joan interviewed this couple and they said they were looking for these certain rattan tables for their patio. They said their friend Barbara Streisand said, I know exactly what you are talking about. Barbara bought the tables for them as a present. Joan's mouth dropped and she said, Barbara? Bought you the tables and gave them to you?! For free?!! What?!! So people like Joan Rivers know all the inside crap about the rich and Famous that the public doesn't so apparently it is true that Barbara being very cheap.

Actually Joan who hasn't spoken to Barbra Streisand in fifty years, since the nightclub days was just flabbergasted someone like Streisand would give anything for free. Barbra has given away more than Joan has made in her lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 25009/21/2010

I once saw Frazier Thomas on the Addison bus. He didn't misbehave but he was morbidly obese and had on a beautifully made suit.

by Anonymousreply 25109/21/2010

Nicholas Cage is a paranoid, flighty lunatic who sprinted away from a friend of mine when she recognized him. Not horrible behaviour, granted, but very, very odd.

by Anonymousreply 25209/21/2010

[quote] Catherine Hickland was on "Capitol" on CBS, then on "Loving" and "One Life To Live" on ABC.

A number of years ago, when I was living in California, I got to know her and her then "new husband" (Michael E. Knight) quite well. I even had them to my home for dinner. Believe me, there's nothing the least bit unpleasant about either of them. They were both very lovely and very down to earth people of whom I can't thinlk of enough nice things to say.

by Anonymousreply 25309/21/2010

I was on an elevator once with Heather Locklear and about 6-8 others, and it stopped on the fifth floor, and who should get on but Barbra Streisand. Well, Babs proceeds to rip a real stinker and I know it was her because she was standing right in front of me. Upon smelling the horrible gas, there was a buzz on the elevator, and Heather calmly and politely took the blame. She said "Oh, excuse me, it must have been the cheese blintzes I had at brunch." We all knew it was really Streisand who ate the cheese blintzes.

by Anonymousreply 25409/22/2010

Lea Michele=psycho

by Anonymousreply 25509/22/2010

Back in the late '80s I was at a thrift store looking for a Halloween outfit & in comes Jackie O. I remember her at the counter asking to have her purchases sent to her apartment. She gave the address & started to spell out her last name O N A S S I S. The look on the cashier's face was priceless. Neither good or bad celebrity, she was just very unassuming.

by Anonymousreply 25609/22/2010

Next time I see Helen Cunt I am going to let her have it. I worked on Mad About you for a couple of episodes and she was a ragin cunt. I will tell her so when I see her. I was too afraid back then, but not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25709/22/2010

r254, you're forgetting the part where the elevator stopped and Debra Messing poked her head in and asked if there were any blind babies onboard that needed saving from the fiery fumes.

by Anonymousreply 25809/22/2010

One day I was out shopping in a crowded grocery store and I spotted the house from Home Alone. Several other people recognized it and got excited, but I kept my cool. The stupid thing must've bumped into about 150 different people as it made it's way around the store. I saw it meandering around the parking lot as I was getting into my car and I yelled out: "You're not as big as you looked in the movie."

by Anonymousreply 25909/22/2010

"Since she's the leading actress on an ABC soap, I'm surprised you don't know who she is." You're joking right R79?

by Anonymousreply 26109/22/2010

Once I was in a department store and this black woman started to shout while pointing at a woman in dark glasses. It turned out that the woman was none other than Celeste Talbert, star of The Sun Also Sets. People started to gather around her asking for autographs and she was very gracious. She really is America's sweetheart

by Anonymousreply 26209/22/2010

R261, try paying attention. That was in response to a poster who worked as a P.A. for an ABC soap producer. You know, somebody who not only worked for ABC, but on one of its soaps.

Let us know if your synapses still aren't firing well enough to allow you to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 26309/22/2010

About twenty years ago, I was asked by a friend to escort a "society gal" to a charity fundraiser. Turns out my "date" for the evening was newly elected Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. She was absolutely delightful, but had a viciously acerbic sense of humor and would trash, then badger certain people who didn't donate enough... until they did. She has a very kind heart and is fun, but I wouldn't want to owe her anything or make any promises I couldn't keep.

by Anonymousreply 26409/22/2010

Re: Maggie G: "And, yes, casting her in the Batman film was a joke. She is not an attractive woman. I wonder at what point directors will stop calling her since she is not easy to work with." O/T but had to say this. WHY must women in films be 'attractive' to cut it? If we're all fighting for gay peoples out acceptance on the big screen then why cannot steretypically un-attractive women get roles as well? What's attractive got to do with being able to act? Same with being gay?

by Anonymousreply 26509/22/2010

One time I saw one of the crabs from the show Deadliest Catch.

Talk about washed up.

by Anonymousreply 26609/22/2010

r266, that's not necessarily the case and many of the crabs from that show go on to lead useful and productive lives. I hear Paris Hilton is the biggest employer of ex-Deadliest Catch castmembers.

by Anonymousreply 26709/22/2010

R256, Wow that is so weird. What was Jackie doing in a thrift shop? Seriously, you always pictured this woman staying within a certain High Society inner circle boundary, but you never pictured her in a thrift shop. I'm not doubting you R256, but it's hard to picture Jackie would go into a thrift shop. Do you know what was she buying? Was it a high-end thrift shop? I know that sounds like a joke, but there are high-end thrift shops. Not to far from where I live, there is this small Goodwill store and they call it, "The Boutique" NOT Goodwill because the wealthy who live within the vicinity will not accept a sign saying, Goodwill on it.

I can tell you, my dad knew this lady who was a maid for Shirley Temple. She said Shirley Temple had the maid take all of the Salvation Army donations of bags and bags of clothes to Salvation Army. She instructed the maid not to tell anyone where the clothes came from.

by Anonymousreply 26809/22/2010

R268 I read somewhere that Jackie used to regularly charge a fortune in clothes to Ari's account then take them straight to thrift and consignment shops to exchange them for cash which she then squirrelled away.

by Anonymousreply 26909/22/2010

It's a little-known fact that Jackie O. made the list of the World's Best-Dressed Women three years in a row by wearing Shirley Temple's cast-offs. As a Republican Shirley could have used this info to her advantage but she felt sorry for the twice-widowed bargain hunter so she said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 27009/22/2010

R270, LOL

by Anonymousreply 27109/22/2010

"O/T but had to say this. WHY must women in films be 'attractive' to cut it?"

In this case, she was cast in a role that called for an attractive woman. Other characters kept talking how beautiful she was, like they do in Streisand's films, and it was so wrong it made the film seem like a trip to Bizarro World.

by Anonymousreply 27209/22/2010

Another story for nice celebrity behavior. A friend of mine went on a worldcruise earlier in the year on the Amsterdam (HAL). Larry Hagman (aka JR Ewing) was on board for part of the cruise and she said he and his wife were very gracious and kind. My friend got to join them a few times at the Captain's table for dinner and Hagman had a blast distributing his fake dollars ... I saw pictures (not photoshopped .. my friend is 70 and doesn't even have email).

by Anonymousreply 27309/22/2010

Kathleen Turner doused my friend with vodka and set him on fire for saying that "Serial Mom" was her best role. This happened at the Beverly Center, in front of the Gap.

by Anonymousreply 27409/22/2010

"Diana Ross." She lives in a mansion in nearby Greenwich, Conn. I can't imagine why she needed extra storage room!

The pile of corpses in her house got too smelly.

by Anonymousreply 27609/22/2010

Someone who went to lunch with the Queen Mum told me that Diana put her head round the door (this was before her marriage when she was bunked at Clarence House) and piped up: "I'm just going out." The QM replied sardonically: "Shopping, dear?"

by Anonymousreply 27709/23/2010

I don't get it, R277.

by Anonymousreply 27809/23/2010

'Shopping, dear?' implies that so frivolous an activity is all that might be expected from someone so evidently lacking substantial interests or abilities.

by Anonymousreply 27909/23/2010

Purchases, R256? I've heard the same as R269. Apparently, Ari had her on an allowance.

by Anonymousreply 28009/23/2010

It's not that all women in the movies have to be attractive but when I saw Maggie G. in the Batman movie, all I could think of was "why would those two good-looking men be even interested in her??". Casting someone more attractive than her would have made it more realistic because everytime I saw her on-screen, I said "no way in hell"!

by Anonymousreply 28110/11/2010

Is everyone behaving this week? Nothing new to report?

by Anonymousreply 28210/19/2010

On the set of THE TEN a few years ago I saw Winona Ryder toss a bottle of water at her assistant and yell "IT'S NOT SMARTWATER! I NEED FUCKING ELECTROLYTES!"

by Anonymousreply 28310/19/2010

r265, I'm always wondering that, too.

Nobody bats an eye when plain or even fugly guys are cast and impossibly beautiful actresses are supposed to be attracted to them. That happens more often than the reverse.

by Anonymousreply 28410/19/2010

It's a long time ago that someone posted about Maggie G. being attractive, but all I think of when I see her is that poor chipmunk-cheeked thing in Poltergeist - she looks like she's on dialysis.

by Anonymousreply 28510/19/2010

[quote] Nobody bats an eye when plain or even fugly guys are cast and impossibly beautiful actresses are supposed to be attracted to them. %0D %0D Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 28610/19/2010

That is far from bullshit, r286. What planet are you from?

by Anonymousreply 28710/19/2010

I sat next to Maggie G at a restaurant last year and was surprised by how attractive she is in person.

by Anonymousreply 28810/19/2010

I've seen her twice in person. Once in 2003 and the other time back in March of this year and I thought she quite cute both times. She's no Elizabeth Taylor (circa A PLACE IN THE SUN-Elizabeth Taylor), but she was no hag.

by Anonymousreply 28910/19/2010

Nobody bats an eye R287? BULLSHIT

by Anonymousreply 29010/19/2010

Well I saw Santa kissing Mommy. That fuckinmg home wrecker.

by Anonymousreply 29110/19/2010

I was just visiting the Tom Bosley imdb site and it's full of people with bitter recounts of his nasty behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 29210/19/2010

No one bats an eye. Fugly guys and hot women are the NORM in movies and TV.

by Anonymousreply 29310/19/2010

Liza Minnelli was enjoying a cocktail at the bar at the Times Square Olive Garden. She lit a cigarette. When the bartender told her no smoking allowed, an angry Liza threw the lit cigarette on the carpet and stubbed it out with her foot.

by Anonymousreply 29410/19/2010

r288 = Pater Sarsgaard.

by Anonymousreply 29510/19/2010

I saw Vivian Vance take a dump on Bill Frawley's freshly-dug grave.

by Anonymousreply 29610/19/2010

I saw Richard Simmons shitting Jimmy Hoffa out of his ass in disgust when staff at a McDonald's refused to give him a reacharound with his Big Mac.

by Anonymousreply 29710/19/2010

Wouldn't one expect to be burned by contact with something as brilliant and dangerous as a star?

by Anonymousreply 29810/19/2010

R283, if you're telling the truth that just makes me love her even more.

by Anonymousreply 29910/19/2010

[quote]Pater Sarsgaard.

Actually, Peter was there too, R295. They were having a quiet dinner at Matsugen. I noticed him first, then thought "who's the cute girl he's dining with?" before doing a double take and realizing it was Maggie. They were very un-celeb like -- no hint of bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 30010/19/2010

Hillary Swank is filming a movie "Mary and Martha" in Cape Town South Africa and is described by the film crew as a complete bitch from hell. These people have seen it all, but they sure never saw anything like this. They all had to sign huge nondisclosure agreements so are sitting and fuming as she throws tirades.

by Anonymousreply 30108/07/2012

I seen Greta Garbo pitch a fit at Costco when they wouldn't let her pay for tampons with Green Stamps.

by Anonymousreply 30208/07/2012

I saw Barney Frank throw a fit in Sayville when the ticket person wouldn't give him the senior citizen's rate for the ferry to Fire Island.

by Anonymousreply 30308/07/2012

do geezers like R302 think they are funny? Is that what old queens find hilarious?

by Anonymousreply 30408/07/2012

Since I read about Susan Sarandon taking crap from her awful ex-partner, here's a weird story about her.

I was at the Restoration Hardware at Old Tortured Mall on Chicago's North Shore when it was new and hip, and this guy was with a vivid redhead and approached the front counter with a ridiculous question delivered in a very loud voice. It drew the attention of everyone in the store and the redhead with him tried to stop him from completing his sentence and then visibly freaked that everyone was staring and ran out the door and away from the store with the loudmouth in hot pursuit.

It was then that someone said, "Oh my God, that was Susan Sarandon!"

by Anonymousreply 30508/07/2012

Debbie Gibson's mic went out during a show I was working. The problem was that she was singing along to a pre recorded track, only actually singing about 1/4 of the song. The audience gasped, her face went bright red, she cut the show short.

Her screaming/yelling voice is much louder than her singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 30608/07/2012

Sat next to Julia Robert, husband Dannie M, and a rather strange looking couple while having dinner in NYC @ Blue Smoke. She did not appear to be friendly, or having a good time. Her husband was absolutely hot.

by Anonymousreply 30808/07/2012

My first celebrity encounter was pretty ideal. I was Steve Guttenberg's stand in on the ABC TV movie, "The Day After" in the early 80s. He was always incredibly nice, not above hanging out with locals like me on the set and even took the time to write me a nice letter after he got home.

I also got the chance to work with Jason Robards on a day when his stand in was absent. There were long periods where he would sit alone in a completely darkened room. It struck me as strange and sad, but he might have been doing it to concentrate on his part. He did hang out with me in between several takes and we had some pleasant and surprisingly personal conversations about his recovery from alcoholism and outreach to alcoholics (this was shortly after he got sober). He struck me as a nice man but kind of lonely.

Not one of the actors on that set were unpleasant to work with, BTW. Bibi Besch and John Cullem could not have been more polite and professional, and Stephen Furst (Flounder in "Animal House") was a regular guy and very friendly. The director, Nicholas Meyer, was the only one who was abrupt and curt with people at times, and always on the make. A few weeks into filming, his girlfriend flew in to visit him, and she was the quintessential stereotype of a stuck up, haughty Hollywood wife or girlfriend. She showed up on the set wearing all white - white shirt, white pants, white shoes. On the set of a nuclear disaster. Then she went around looking everyone up and down and would ask "who are you?," and if you weren't one of the principle actors or crew she deemed worthy of speaking to, she would literally walk away without saying another word. By the time she got around to me I just said "excuse me" and walked away before she could brush me off. I'll admit I felt some measure of satisfaction knowing everyone on set was secretly laughing when she loudly announced she "had to come visit Nick because he was so lonely without her." There wasn't a day that went by where he was lonely!

I've worked on a few other films since then. Christian Slater, Matt Dillon and Timothy Hutton are nice guys, Martha Plimpton is FABULOUS, Marissa Tomei and Uma Thurman were pleasant but strictly professional, and Rosie O'Donnell was loud, demanding and rude. Melissa Peterman from "Reba" is without a doubt the nicest and funniest celebrity I've ever met.

by Anonymousreply 30908/07/2012

Anne Archer farts in elevators and taxis, and they're the silent but deadly type.

by Anonymousreply 31008/07/2012

god r301.

She's a little past her sell-by date to be a steaming cunt.

The gilded statues don't mean as much as they used to.

by Anonymousreply 31108/07/2012

r289, I've also seen her much better looking in interviews.

The way she looked in the Dark Knight was no accident according to industry site comments I read after it came out.

Maggie G is a known cunt on set.

She is also apparently smart about it, i.e., would tone it down around anyone with real power.

Wally Pfister (DP on Dark Knight) is an old school, 30 year industry veteran. She was lit to look like that-crew chief revenge!

by Anonymousreply 31208/07/2012

30 years ago isn't 'old school'.

by Anonymousreply 31308/08/2012

[quote]Wally Pfister (DP on Dark Knight) is an old school, 30 year industry veteran. She was lit to look like that-crew chief revenge!

Yeah, like a director would let that slide if it wasn't exactly what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 31408/08/2012

r314, Nolan isn't exactly known for the finer points of lighting actresses--or casting them, or writing for them, etc.

by Anonymousreply 31508/08/2012

r113, that's my poor language skills coming through.

I meant he was old school in style, regardless of his time in the industry.

I'm sure he's absorbed enough realpolitik on sets over the years to be able to show his displeasure subtly.

by Anonymousreply 31608/08/2012

Every time I ask this question, there is dead silence on DL.But I'll ask it anyway. Is Barbra Streisand a major bitch? I am aware she can do no wrong with you DL fairies ,but is there anyone here who has the courage to tell the truth who she really is? I have heard she is extremely mean, and who always claims that she is blameless? Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 31708/08/2012

I saw Adam Lambert berate a bodyguard in Miami. The guy walked into Adam accidentally when he suddenly stopped to look at his fans (who were condoned off).

It wasnt just a "look where you are going" or "that hurt". It went on until Lambert got the car and got in. He just railed on and on and on. I was sure it would show up in a tabloid somewhere and maybe it did but I cant believe some of those behind the condone didnt see what happened.

by Anonymousreply 31808/08/2012

Saw Dionne Warwick perform in a club yrs. ago.She was very rude to a group of people seated near the stage for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 31908/08/2012

I saw Dawson wind back the on-set fuckometer so the director thought he needed another 50 loads!

by Anonymousreply 32008/08/2012

I saw Dakota Fanning blowing off Madge and Demi who were on their knees begging for the name of her jowl surgeon. It was ugly.

by Anonymousreply 32108/08/2012

R317, I'll answer you but I doubt the Barbra haters will allow it to stand.

No, she is not a bitch in fact she's the opposite. Over the past 25 years I have met her many times, almost always at political or charitable events. We are not friends, we know each other casually through these things.

In all this time she has been nothing but warm, funny and an intelligent, well-informed conversationalist. I have never seen her berate an assistant or employee at events in her home. I have never seen her be rude or even mildly unpleasant to anyone anywhere.

To borrow from Patsy, I think she's tremendous. Let the haters commence.

by Anonymousreply 32208/11/2012

Ages ago, during my college years, I worked at a video store frequented by Roddy McDowall who was always very affable and ready with an anecdote whenever asked about a film or someone he knew. One day he showed up with Lauren Bacall, who was everything Roddy wasn't -- ornery, rude, demanding, and an all around PITA. I smartly stayed clear of her, but the way she treated the staff who helped her... it was apparent that we were merely serfs and she was queen. Roddy was horrified at his friend's behavior and kept apologizing whenever she wasn't within earshot. Finally he turned to her and said, "Betty, you're being ridiculous, I think we had better go."

Years later, I worked at an agency where she was one of our clients, briefly. Phone conversations with her went something like this:

Me: Good morning! How are you? LB: Is "Bill" there? Me: No, he isn't at the moment. LB: Have him call me within the hour (click).

No hello, no goodbye, no please or thank you, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 32308/11/2012

I wonder just how many celebrities that are though of as "difficult" actually have some sort of personality disorder or suffer from some form of mental illness.There must be a few.

by Anonymousreply 32408/11/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 32601/28/2013

[quote]To borrow from Patsy, I think she's tremendous. Let the haters commence.

R322 is typical of the people who generate hate at DL. They pretend to be above it all while inviting hate from others to commence.

by Anonymousreply 32808/15/2013

As a child I once saw Frank Sinatra and his thugs slide into the bar of the Cal Neva Lodge in Lake Tahoe. I was standing in the doorway with a large group of family members waiting to be seated for dinner. Sinatra et al moved into the crowded bar and violently pushed people off their stools to make room for ole Blue Eyes and his gang. I must have been about 6 years old but I never forgot the fear and chaos associated with that event. The guy was a prick... I don't care how many of Ava Gardner's medical bills he paid.

by Anonymousreply 32908/15/2013

I saw Parker Posey and this vicious queen friend of hers get into it with someone in line at the Whole Foods at Union Square. She went fucking nuts and her friend got pushed into the drink case and sort of sadly flopped over. She came to herself, looked around and walked out of there. I don't know what started the argument because I didn't really notice until they were shouting, but I think she tried to cut the line.

by Anonymousreply 33008/15/2013

My dad is a location scout. One day, years and years ago they were scouting Central Park and happened to come upon Streisand filming a movie there. He managed to get close enough to her and get some video of her with a digital video camera (they were a very new thing at the time, not many people had them and he suspects that helped him get close. A big old 3/4" or VHS camera would have drawn too much attention) Anyway, from what I saw and heard on the video, everything they say about her is true. Foul mouth, rude, berating and putting down others.

by Anonymousreply 33108/15/2013

Several years ago, Nicholas Cage was filming one of his awful POS movies in New Orleans and rented a house in the French Quarter. Two good friends of mine lived on the same street, and saw firsthand that Cage is an out-of-control alkie who got into domestic spats with his wife/girlfriend, whatever she was. The cops showed up a few times, but no arrests were made because they didn't want to bust a celebrity. My friends said even without the booze, Cage is a nasty asshole.

by Anonymousreply 33208/15/2013

[quote] What was Jackie doing in a thrift shop? Seriously.

Jackie did everything a normal NYer would do. She shopped at Gristede's, went to fast food and take-out places, rode the downtown 5th Ave. bus etc. Back in the 80s a good friend of mine was in a corner bodega on the UES and he saw Jackie buying cigarettes at the counter. And the cigarettes she bought were Marlboro Reds, of all brands!

by Anonymousreply 33308/15/2013

Picture this: UN General Assembly 1990s (move over Dorothy, you're crowding me) SS arrives nearly an hour late to an AIDS conference. A 14 year old girl with AIDS is at the podium speaking when the Psycho sweeps in (in sunglasses - never mind its like a bloody tomb in the GA) with her entourage causing a major disruption. Poor kid at the podium doesn't know what to do. And Miss S is all "helloo dahling, ooh, hellooo, hellooo" waving like a self absorbed fool.

by Anonymousreply 33408/15/2013

[quote] Years later, I worked at an agency where she was one of our clients, briefly. Phone conversations with her went something like this:

Me: Good morning! How are you? LB: Is "Bill" there? Me: No, he isn't at the moment. LB: Have him call me within the hour (click).

No hello, no goodbye, no please or thank you, nothing

That seems rude. But, you are forgetting she was born a thousand years ago. Manners didn't exist then

by Anonymousreply 33508/15/2013

Not really a "celebrity" but Amy Roloff from Little People, Big World. She was at her daughter's volleyball tournament a couple years ago. No one was hounding her or anything, everybody that I saw was leaving her alone as far as people wanting to meet her/autographs. But, she had the biggest scowl on her face the entire time and was not friendly to fans or spectators who were their to watch the game. She looked like she ate a sour lemon. After the game, she sped out of the parking lot in her Mercedes and could have easily hit someone with the amount of pedestrians in the lot. She seems like a fruit loop.

by Anonymousreply 33608/15/2013

[quote]That seems rude. But, you are forgetting she was born a thousand years ago. Manners didn't exist then.

It was rude and since she wasn't "born a thousand years ago," manners DID exist when she was born.

by Anonymousreply 33808/16/2013

Peter Martins banged my knee and didn't say "Sorry" exiting the row I was sitting in in the dark at the David H. Koch Playhouse.

by Anonymousreply 33908/16/2013

I had Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg on my last trip. She wasn't rude per se but I only remember her saying "thank you" once during the 3 hour flight and never said please. I even brought her extra nuts after she asked for them (and we don't normally have extras) and lifted her suitcase down when we arrived

by Anonymousreply 34008/16/2013

Ruth Bader Ginsburg thinks she's the smartest woman in the world. Was she in first class or economy plus or sitting in the last row of economy to be close to the toilets?

by Anonymousreply 34108/16/2013

She was in 2A. Two badged guys in suits brought her luggage on the flight and stowed it for her, I wasn't sure if they were secret service agents or law clerks. She was listening to music with the airline's headsets and reading a book while eating. It took her two hours to eat, I've never had anyone take that long. She ate every bit of her pasta too, and ate her salad at the end of the meal like the Europeans do. She never said a word to the business woman sitting next to her during the flight either, not even "good evening" or "how are you?".

by Anonymousreply 34208/16/2013

P.S. She had a white wine spritzer and two 2 glasses of wine with dinner, too.

by Anonymousreply 34308/16/2013

Any more stories Lou?

by Anonymousreply 34401/22/2014

Bump for more entitled nobodies

by Anonymousreply 34501/22/2014

entitled nobodies? If they were nobodies we wouldn't know who they are. They're nasty celebs.

by Anonymousreply 34601/22/2014

R268, I'm so glad you've mentioned Shirley Temple. Yes, she and her mother are/were some of the most generous women in Hollywood. They were always giving to the poor and donated so much ANONYMOUSLY. If people only knew how kind and civic-minded they were.

by Anonymousreply 34701/22/2014

The janitor on "One Day at A time" Pat something or other pulled the "Don't you know who I am" schtick everywhere he went.

by Anonymousreply 34801/22/2014

You guys are full of crap, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 34901/22/2014

OOPS, I take that back about Pat Harrington (who was a nice guy) as I got him confused with that grumpy, one-eyed midget Peter Falk. It was Peter Falk who pushed people around.

My apologies to the Pat Harrington family!

Sometimes its hard to distinguish these actors and actresses.

by Anonymousreply 35001/22/2014

[quote]And the cigarettes (Jackie Kennedy) bought were Marlboro Reds, of all brands!

What's so "of all brands!" about Marlboros?

by Anonymousreply 35101/22/2014

m

by Anonymousreply 35201/22/2014

It's a shame Peter Falk had no distinguishing characteristics.

by Anonymousreply 35301/22/2014

Check out the anti-semite at R341. You really mean her buddy Scalia, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 35401/22/2014

Question for Lou the Stew if you're still around:

Ruth Bader Ginsberg is like 4'8", right? How would she get her bag down if you didn't help her? I ask, because my adult niece is 4'10 and has a hard time getting her carry-on stowed and has to stand on the seat if no one offers to help. She asked a flight attendant for help once and got a swift "Not my job" response. I would think someone that short would be covered under some kind of ADA provision.

by Anonymousreply 35501/22/2014

Ronan Farrow shat in my shower

by Anonymousreply 35601/22/2014

I was told by an attendant at Comicon that william shatner does not arrive at the autograph signing booth unless there is a long queue of people and so my friend and I had to wait until more people joined.

We told the attendant to pass on to Shatner that he could go fuck himself, at which point we promptly left.

Makes sense why he wasn't involved in the Star Trek reboot. Dick!

by Anonymousreply 35701/22/2014

John Barrowman, clearly drunk out of his mind and stalking one of his devoted fans:

by Anonymousreply 35801/22/2014

Horrible, R358. Just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 35901/22/2014

r359 Agreed *shakes head in dismay*

by Anonymousreply 36001/22/2014

Not horrible behavior but I met Jimmy Carter right after he left the presidency while I was working on a Habitat for Humanity house in North Carolina. He startled me and I said the first thing that came to my mind which was "Oh, I voted for you." He said, "Oh, so you're the one." Then he asked "Which election?" and I said "The second one, when you needed me." And he smiled and bought me a Pepsi. I thought he was charming.

by Anonymousreply 36101/22/2014

Anyone who isn't dead of old age by now?

by Anonymousreply 36201/22/2014

Ann Romney. While her husband was running for Senator, they did a rally at a T station near me. They hadn't set up yet and she was standing near the station entrance when I tried to enter to catch a train. Apparently, it was the first time the airhead had been at a subway station in her decades of living in the Boston area. She basically ordered me to stand with her until her people were ready because she was convinced somebody would mug her and that only deviants could live in such an area. I told her that I hoped a deviant came and took all her large, tacky jewelry, no way was I missing my train because of her. When her husband was governor, I attended a meeting in which he called in. During the conference call, he fired two people, in front of everyone. They had no warning either.

by Anonymousreply 36301/22/2014

I saw Heather Graham in "Flowers in the Attic."

by Anonymousreply 36401/22/2014

[quote]What's so "of all brands!" about Marlboros?

R351, Marlboro Reds are perceived as a "rough and tumble" kind of cigarette, smoked by bikers, tough guys, cowboys, manly men.

by Anonymousreply 36501/22/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 36606/12/2014

Long ago at a taping of the Mary Tyler Moore show, I hung out awhile after the audience left and watched the cast do pick-ups.

Mary was a raging bitch about something, yelling at the entire cast, who was patiently listening to her with expressions of "Please stop Mary!"

Everyone looked pissed off except Ted Knight, who saw me standing, watching this, and smiled. So did Ed Asner. Betty White looked frustrated and pissed.

To be fair, I do not know what was going on, and maybe Mary was tired of doing something a hundred times, which they often have to do when taping a show. But she sure was mad!

I also saw Patrick Stewart act like a pompous ass strutting the streets of NYC, rudely shoving people aside trying to get a cab.

Encountered Joan Rivers in NYC, as nice as could be. Same for Linda Lavin (yes, it's true!) Betty Buckley, Colm Wilkinson and here's an oldie, Pearl Bailey, very sweet and gave me a hug!

Dame Maggie Smith was wonderful, a class act. Angela Cartwright is one of the bicest people ever. So is Jay Leno, who I saw at a book signing. Met Sarah Michelle Gellar at a Borders in NYC and she also was very nice.

I met President and Mrs. Johnson when I was a young kid, and they were charming. My cousin met Jackie O. while singing at a private engagement in Georgetown in the mid 60s, and she said Jackie O. was gracious and praised her singing.

I ran into Oprah several times on the streets of Chicago--no entourage, just a girl (assistant maybe) with her, she was always very nice.

by Anonymousreply 36706/12/2014

As a teenager, I used to wait tables at a cafe in Summit, NJ. John Amos (the dad in GOOD TIMES) was a regular who would always greet the wait staff by name. He was very polite and left generous tips but always immersed in reading a paper (NYTimes or WSJ) and people left him alone. Before I went to college I told him know he wouldn't be seeing me anymore and why (what I did for all my regulars) and he left me a $100 with "good luck!" written on it.

At a former job I was in regular contact with various well known people--a motley assortment of weirdos like Rodney Dangerfield (depressed pothead), Arianna Huffington (peremptory & demanding), John Irving (incredibly egotistical), Tina Brown (unctuous, patronizing) and Loni Anderson (spaced out, incredibly stupid)--but Mr. Amos was by far the coolest.

by Anonymousreply 36806/12/2014

I saw Janet Reno kill a man just to watch him die.

by Anonymousreply 36906/12/2014

A friend I know is a cab driver and told me about a certain "purple one" who got into his cab with his bodyguards. They all stunk like weed and proceeded to light up. They gave him the "this didn't happen" treatment/look.

by Anonymousreply 37006/12/2014

Before she was Judge Jeanine, Jeanine Pirro ran for District Attorney in Westchester County. She was campaigning at the Fleetwood Metro-North station, a lower-middle class, racially diverse neighborhood. It was on the late side of morning rush hour, like 8:30. I guess she'd been there all morning. Two minutes later I heard her say, "This is bullshit, these people can't even get to work on time, why do we think they are going to vote." She and her staff packed up and left.

She later won, and the day after, I started my own campaign to call and report every campaign poster that hadn't been taken down after the election.

Ten years later, I was shopping in a small grocery store in Northern Westchester. Jeanine Pirro walked in, looked around and yelled to the cashier "WHERE IS THE BREAD?" The cashier, who was Asian, was startled, and replied, "What?" And Pirro said, "BREAD. B-R-E-A-D." Then she started pantomiming a loaf and slices of bread. The cashier looked at me, like "WTF is wrong with this woman?" and then looked back at Pirro to direct her to the bread aisle. Pirro shook her head and said "Fucking useless" and walked out of the store.

by Anonymousreply 37106/12/2014

[quoe]And the cigarettes (Jackie Kennedy) bought were Marlboro Reds, of all brands!

Makes sense. When Marlboro was first introduced they were marketed towards women.

by Anonymousreply 37306/12/2014

I saw Eric Braeden punch me in the face

by Anonymousreply 37406/12/2014

Oh that's funny, r365. Very clever. Tee-hee.

by Anonymousreply 37606/12/2014

I question r368's judgement.

by Anonymousreply 37706/12/2014

Since it's the world cup...my friend told me that Sir Alex is a cheap cunt. She waited on him the whole day at a soccer pub, serving him drinks, food, he was there for hours hanging out. He left her $10 tip. He was comped on everything but he couldn't even leave a decent tip.

by Anonymousreply 37806/12/2014

r335, WTF?! If anything, it's the opposite. Manners mean nothing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37906/12/2014

There was the one on camera - in a press line - Jamie Lee Curtis is at the end of a press line where they put the lesser media. This poor guy says "Ms Curtis can I ask you a few questions?" and she goes off "A few? A FEW? You are lucky I even stopped, A FEW? You can ask me one and that's it."

My question would have been "is it true you have a penis?"

by Anonymousreply 38006/12/2014

[quote] I think the more I hear about Hilary, the more I have come to realize she is a nasty piece of work.

This was pretty clear in George Stephanopoulos' book All Too Human about his time in the White House (and it was published in '99). The descriptions are similar. It's one of the things that kept me from voting for her in 2008. That and her excessively hawkish attitude and penchant for telling lies to bolster her image among the conservative Democrats (e.g. that she tried to enlist in the Marines during Vietnam but was turned down due to her eyesight; and the landing in Bosnia under fire BS). Maybe she's gotten better since her time in the WH?

by Anonymousreply 38106/12/2014

r292, I'm not even going to ask why the hell you were visiting Tom Bosley's imdb page.

by Anonymousreply 38206/12/2014

"a new book has been released that talks about how a bodyguard refused to carry Hilary's bags and she told him to "get the f**k out of my way!"

Obvious bullshit.

She has Secret Service, not a "bodyguard." Secret Service cannot "refuse" to do anything. Secret Service do not carry bags.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 38406/12/2014

{381} You're brilliant. Even though I don't believe it for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 38506/12/2014

r373, please tell me you have the Streisand disc. That is money in the bank.

My only story is rather lame. Mickey Rooney was getting a star on the sidewalk in Palm Springs years ago. (He really was that short.) Anyway, I'd walked my dog downtown to watch the fuss, and Gloria Allred strolled by and almost tripped over my pug, Pats. She had the NERVE to glare at my poor Pats. Can you imagine, GLARING at an innocent pug?

by Anonymousreply 38606/12/2014

R387 If the disc is still around my dad has it. I'm seeing him next weekend and I'll ask. Keep our fingers crossed.

R388 I would like to say Troma movies are so bad, they're good, but I cant. They are bad, plain and simple. But, fuck, people love them! They have a MASSIVE fan base. I dont recall my dad saying anything really terrible about the job, but for the life of me I dont know why he took it because I dont think he made that much from it. He said he was doing a favor for a friend. Knowing my father, that translates to, "I want to keep fucking a girl who is connected to the project."

by Anonymousreply 38706/12/2014

Wow, I'm loving R369, R372, R373, R381... like the old DL when posters wrote intelligent, articulate, funny posts.

[quote][R387] If the disc is still around my dad has it. I'm seeing him next weekend and I'll ask. Keep our fingers crossed.

That's like the Holly Grail of DL.

by Anonymousreply 38806/12/2014

[quote]They almost made the sequel to Pink Flamingos.

Thank God, Allah, Buddha and Vishnu they didnt! That would have been terrible.

by Anonymousreply 38906/12/2014

A couple I know was at one of those annual Renaissance shindigs where all the Democratic bigwigs go to be seen and heard. Dr. Ruth was standing with this couple and the three of them were chatting with Bill and Hillary. Everyone was wearing name tags, which is required, no matter who you are.

Barbra Streisand arrived wearing a large, semi-fashionable black poncho over her black outfit and ... no name tag. Streisand spied Dr. Ruth, came running over and started telling her how much she loved her work. Dr. Ruth looked at the poncho, at the face, back at the poncho and said, "That's very nice of you. I'm sorry, but who are you?" Maybe because the Clintons were there her response was not venom-filled. She simply said, "Why it's me, Barbra!"

by Anonymousreply 39006/12/2014

[quote]and they've brought some freaky shit.

Hopefully you did not mean that literally.

by Anonymousreply 39106/12/2014

Under a new law signed by President Obama, all former U.S. presidents and first ladies will receive lifetime Secret Service protection.

The measure also authorizes protection for the children of former presidents until they are 16 years old.

The 1994 measure exempted then-President Bill Clinton and first applied to George W. Bush and all his successors.

So Hillary had Secret Service protection this entire time.

by Anonymousreply 39306/12/2014

R397 needs to come back and eat humble pie.

by Anonymousreply 39406/12/2014

[all posts by racist flame-bait shit-stain removed.]

by Anonymousreply 39506/12/2014

Yes. I'll tell later.

by Anonymousreply 39606/14/2014

Of the last 20 posts or so, about one has stuck. To the subject at hand and the rest are drivel about someone's dad and/ or made up lousy jokes. I wish I had a story to contribute so I could get the thread back on track, but the best I can do is say I've worked with a lot of celebrities and they all have been nice and boring. Perhaps one (Bowzer from ShaNaNa) has been rude to staff, but it's usually in order to protect conditions/rights for creative talent.

by Anonymousreply 39706/14/2014

I saw Carrot Top pick his nose and eat it.

by Anonymousreply 39806/14/2014

The former producer of the Leno show has a book out and names celebs who behaved badly and diva requests.

Christian Bale was difficult.

Lots of other names in there. Some he didn't name like a politician almost missed his cue when he fooled around in the room with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 39906/14/2014

"Christian Bale was difficult."

Figures. He has an asshole rep.

by Anonymousreply 40006/14/2014

That's a bit unfair to Bale.

At that time he was still fully English and wasn't used to US celebrity culture.

His dad was his manager/adviser for a long time, and the man was a clueless alcoholic. He didn't prepare Bale well during his teenage years and early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 40106/14/2014

I met Aaron Paul last year and he was very gracious to his fans and patiently posed for pics for everyone who asked. Seems like a very kind man. But he does drink waaaaay more than is healthy for him. Huge party animal.

by Anonymousreply 40206/15/2014

The book r404 mentioned sounds entertaining.

[quote]Another difficult — or, as Berg puts it, “complicated” — guest was Teri Hatcher. “I called her Teri One and Teri Two, though not to her face. Teri One was charming, smart, witty and flirtatious,” Berg writes. “Terri Two was moody. She would call me late the night before her scheduled appearance, scream at me for not having better ideas, and then hang up. The next day, she would come to show as Teri One, acting as if nothing had ever happened.” In March 2009, when President Obama was booked — making him the first sitting president to ever appear on a late-night entertainment show — the “Desperate Housewives” star was bumped. One of her staffers called the show, saying the actress understood, but “a girl likes to be appreciated.” When Berg offered flowers, the aide said, “You know, girls like Louis Vuitton . . . Maybe a handbag?” She got flowers.

by Anonymousreply 40306/15/2014

by Anonymousreply 40406/17/2014

UPDATE R373 here with bad news. I asked my dad about the disc but sadly it was lost in hurricane Sandy. I asked him if he was still in touch with anyone from Troma who may have a copy, but he said no, he's not. Perhaps someday one of the people who still has it will upload it to the net. Sorry guys.

by Anonymousreply 40506/25/2014
Need more help? Click Here.