Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mila Kunis

How on earth did she go from the annoying chick on "That 70's Show" to the cusp of the A-List?

She just got some kind of award for Black Swan and she's got tons of stuff lined up.

Her management team should get some kind of award. Everyone else from that cast couldn't get arrested at this point.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9703/15/2013

She is hot, she works hard.

Atta Girl.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 209/12/2010

MILA KUNIS DESERVES THE BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS OSCAR FOR HER ROLE IN 'BLACK SWAN,' BASED ON EVERY MOVIE RELEASED SO FAR THIS YEAR.

THAT '70S SHOW was not annoying and neither was she. She was playing a self-precious character whom the others constantly took down a peg. It was a warm and wonderful show that's better than most of the sitcoms available. I will always love it and Mila Kunis for doing it.

OP hasn't seen BLACK SWAN.

I DID, at the Telluride Film Festival. And it's brilliant.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 309/12/2010

I haven't seen Black Swan or anything she's been in besides That 70s Show and Family Guy. But she DOES have a very annoying voice.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 409/12/2010

I love Mila. She is around the same age as Lindsay Lohan. She spent lots of time in that same circle of people when Lindsay dated Wilmer. Mila's parents immigrated from Ukraine and still go to work every day. That's the big difference between two young pretty girls with some talent. Mila was taught to work for a living. Lindsay was not.

I can't figure out her relationship with Mac though. He seems like a strange guy.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 509/12/2010

Anything is possible with Macaulay Culkin's fat Home Alone residual checks.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 609/12/2010

***backing up slowly away from r3***

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 709/12/2010

She has the most annoying voice. It works as Meg Griffin, though.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 809/12/2010

My cousin's friend who is a hair stylist to all the big names in Hollywood says that Jessica Simpson taught Mila Kunis everything she knows about ass play.

The rumor that they used microwave popcorn to mask the smell of reefer is false! They were actually masking the smell of ass.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1009/12/2010

Never knew she was so attractive til I saw her in I HATE YOU SARAH MARSHALL.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1109/12/2010

"My cousin's friend who is a hair stylist to all the big names in Hollywood says that Jessica Simpson taught Mila Kunis everything she knows about ass play."

Does that mean Jessica Simpson has played with Mila's ass? I don't quite get it.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1209/12/2010

Jeez, r3 it was just a question. Nothing negative about the post. I admire career reinventions like hers.

I do stand by my opinion that "That 70's Show" was shit, though.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1309/12/2010

She's hilarious as Meg Griffin. Try watching some of the first season episodes with the incredibly boring vocal stylings of Lacey Chabert as Meg.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1509/12/2010

She wasn't that attractive during the show. She had a nose job before making Sarah Marshall.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1609/12/2010

r3, can you tell us about the scene between Mila and Natalie Portman? Is it yet another build up that turns out to be just some wimpy kissing ala Scar JO and Penelope in Barcelona?

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1709/12/2010

If R3 is any indication of Mila's fans, I don't want to watch anything she's in

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1809/12/2010

$ciento.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 1909/12/2010

Meg!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2009/12/2010

Shut up, Meg.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2109/12/2010

Actually, I was very surpised by her acting ability when I saw her in Sarah Marshall. She is very natural - you don't feel as though she's 'acting.' Plus, she is truly a natural beauty. Her beauty and likability come across on the big screen, so I'm not surprised she is becoming a bonefide star. Haters to the left.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2209/12/2010

She's beautiful and not in a skanky glaringly fake way.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2309/12/2010

The new Natalie Wood with comic timing and some acting chops.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2409/12/2010

Her nosejob sucks but she's gorgeous.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2509/12/2010

I heard the whole cast loves her on Family Guy.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2609/12/2010

I she naked in "Black Swan"?

I fucking hope so!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2709/12/2010

"Haters to the left."%0D %0D %0D %0D Haters? You must be 12-years-old.%0D %0D %0D %0D "The new Natalie Wood with comic timing and some acting chops."%0D %0D %0D %0D Natalie Wood was a sucky actress and so is Mila Kunis. Seriously, why are people defending this bimbo? I bet you all think Megan Fox is the greatest actress who ever lived.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2809/12/2010

I am so grateful Laura Prepon's career dried up after That 70's Show. She had absolutely no talent and could barely read her lines. Her only bankable quality as far as I could see was she was model-thin.

Mela Kunis's success since then has surprised me, but at least on That 70s Show she could act.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 2909/12/2010

I had never heard of her before seeing Sarah Marshall -- I don't have a tv and have never seen That 70's Show -- but I became an instant fan. She was beautiful and very very charming and natural. That's the only thing I've seen her in, and can't wait to see THe Black Swan. I just wish Natalie Portman weren't in it. I used to enjoy her, but her embrace of israel is a bit off putting.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3009/12/2010

She was good in "Extract" as well..... Good for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3109/12/2010

I used to get her confused with Rachel Bilson all the time. Not so much anymore.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3209/12/2010

Like others, I started to appreciate her in 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall.' I didn't know who she was until after the movie, and I agree that she was very appealing, displaying both natural acting ability and natural beauty. I also love her on the Family Guy.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3309/12/2010

I didn't think she was that great in the earliest episodes of "70s" but she was only 14 at the time, acting older. Plus, she got more into the role of Jackie and became more fun.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3509/12/2010

*****BLACK SWAN SPOILER ALERT***********

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING POST IF YOU DON'T WANT THE LESBIAN STORYLINE REVEALED OR NATALIE PORTMAN'S CHARACTER

r17,

I wouldn't describe the VICKY, CHRISTINA, BARCELONA kissing as "wimpy." I wouldn't describe it as bold, but whatever.

Portman and Kunis have a full sex scene, in their underwear, in Portman's bed. They kiss and grope a lot, but no nudity. A lot of the close-up writhing of skin may have been body doubles.

So NO, r27, there's no nudity. You can see finely shaped bodies.

But the sex scene is just a fantasy. Portman's character is essentially a paranoid-delusional cutter with an overactive imagination. The challenge for her throughout the movie is to discern what she's imagining versus what is real.

Kunis's character is another dancer from Portman's troupe. A fun-loving, well-adjusted, normal New York City gal who's unlike anyone Portman has ever befriended. She enters Portman's life just as Portman is trying to break free of an overbearing mother and tackle the lead in a ballet.

It makes psychological sense that the ultra-stifled Portman might have a lesbian fantasy about Kunis. Portman has never experienced affection with a female; her female relations have always been very cold. Her mother is an angry, controlling, combative, bitter, bossy, high-stress "Show Mom" trying to realize her failed dreams through Portman.

So when a fun, free-spirited, gorgeous, warm and easy-going character like Kunis shows up and tempts Portman to live a little, it's not hard to see what a liberating breath of fresh air she is to Portman, and how her new discovery might play into an erotic reaction.

P.S. Natalie Portman has a masturbation scene in the movie, where she writhes in orgasmic bliss in her bra and panties on her bed.

With a VERY tight ass and smoking body, IMO. It might be too scrawny for a lot of people, however, as Portman is playing an anorexic.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3609/12/2010

Thanks r36. From what you have described though it sounds as if they tamed the sex scene from what the script apparently described as "ecstacy induced, hungry angry sex...."

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3809/12/2010

Mila: Jessica, are your nails trimmed?

Jessica: Uh huh, see?

Mila: Oh good. Don't worry, there's plenty of popcorn.

Jessica: Well what are we waitin' for?

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 3909/12/2010

[quote]it sounds as if they tamed the sex scene from what the script apparently described as "ecstacy induced, hungry angry sex...."

No, that description sounds accurate.

It doesn't mean they show nipples or that ecstasy is the ONLY thing fueling the sex :)

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4009/12/2010

Tell me more about her embrace of Israel, R30. I remember her making some good statements that were actually pro-Palestine when she was in college. I know her parents were from Israel, but I wasn't sure of their politics.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4109/12/2010

R41 again here. Here's a link to a letter she wrote to the Harvard Crimson noting that Jews and Muslims in Israel are essentially cousins - depending on your perspective that could be considered inclusive, I guess.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4209/12/2010

Lots of moderate Jewish Israelis are pro Palestinian. I hung out a group of Israelis in NY a few years ago and they usually became irritated with American Jews if they expressed anti-Palestinian views. Of course, most of the Israelis that I knew were not religious at all and actually disdained religion.

Okay, back to the hotness that is Mila Kunis. Btw, is she also Jewish? I know she is from the Ukraine.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4309/12/2010

I believe she is Jewish, yes.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4409/12/2010

Is she still with Calkin, or is she fucking Seth MacFarlane?

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4609/12/2010

This has the potential to become a really weird thread. Fake Lesbian love scenes. Israel. That 70s show. Culkin. Etc. etc.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4709/12/2010

WHET Culkin?

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4809/12/2010

She's in the category of actresses who talk too fast. She and Sarah Michelle Gellar can always fall back on becoming auctioneers.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 4909/12/2010

Only in Seth's dreams R46

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5009/12/2010

Poor Lacey Chabert. Couldn't make fetch happen and couldn't do Meg. She really missed out on a big paycheck not doing Meg anymore. The Simpsons voices earn $400,000 an episode.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5109/13/2010

I REFUSE to watch any Mila Cuntis movies. Have never seen Sarah Marshall, never will. Will never see this Black Swan bullshit.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5209/13/2010

What this about ass play...?!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5309/13/2010

Another who didn't see her in anything until FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL. It's a horrible movie but I agree with R22 and R30, I was completely charmed by her. I hope she continues to work.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5409/13/2010

Ooooh, she's getting all this press because she's jewish? Got it!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5509/13/2010

I would rather hear more about her alleged "assplay" with Jessica Simpson. Not sure I believe that one but, it is an intriguing thought.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5609/13/2010

She has had gigantic amounts of plastic surgery.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5709/13/2010

Are the raves from lesbian fans (I hope) or desperate teenaged stalkers (it sounds like)? What's with the rabid defenses?

DL's not a fan site, so you're going to have to put up with some negative comments about any celebrity you make the mistake of idolizing. Unless you want to talk graphic sex gossip, in which case everyone will join in.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5809/13/2010

Kristen Bell fans insist she, not Mila was the star of "Sarah Marshall."

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 5909/13/2010

Kristen Bell is OVAH!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6009/14/2010

Meryl Streep is a huge fan, I would imagine that helps.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6109/14/2010

r3 = Meryl Streep

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6209/16/2010

I met Mila when she was at the Wizard of Oz premiere in Moscow. She was incredibly rude to everybody. She comes across as a bitch in real life. And fat too.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6303/14/2013

I don't get her success at all.

Why is she so famous?

What has she done to deserve all this celebdom?

She is not even the prettiest of the bunch!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6403/14/2013

I think she's beautiful. She kinda reminds me of Sophia Loren.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6503/14/2013

R64 I don't get it either. And how is it that her career was dormant for like 3 or 4 years after her shitty sitcom ended, and then all of the sudden she's a big "star"?

It amazes me how the media just radomly choses certain celebs and then kisses their asses non-stop.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6603/14/2013

[quote] She was incredibly rude to everybody. She comes across as a bitch in real life. And fat too. by: Russian Girl

Oh, I don't think she's only one who is being bitchy.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6703/14/2013

I think she's gay. Her being connected to Culkin and now Kutcher is not a ringing endorsement of her heterosexuality. And those are the only two men she has ever been linked to.

I would say she reminds me more of Jaquline Bisset than Sophia Loren which someone earlier in the thread mentioned.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6803/14/2013

How?

Because she's talented, gorgeous, and gosh darnit people like to work with her.

next!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 6903/14/2013

Mila's beautiful with the right make-up and she's a hard worker, so it's no surprise that she's doing well. I met her in person briefly once and she was nice enough, but surprisingly plain, with the figure of a twelve-year-old boy.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7003/14/2013

She is not gorgeous. Have you seen her without make up?

She is not ugly, but she is very normal looking.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7103/14/2013

R71 Yikes! It's amazing what makeup can do. Did she get a nosejob? I've never seen old pics.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7203/14/2013

A lot of jealous bitches here.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7303/14/2013

I fell in love with her thanks to Forgetting Sarah Marshall

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7403/14/2013

She looks like my cat at R71's link

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7503/14/2013

Mila is an icy cold diva. I was at the premiere of Wizard of Oz in Moscow and can confirm that. She didn't give any autographs and ignored all of her fans. James is a diva too. Michelle was nice to everybody.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7603/14/2013

Big difference between FG and Simpson salaries. Still, not peanuts.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7703/14/2013

Well, Russia isn't exactly gay friendly at the moment. I bet both Mila and James wanted to address the issue, but the movie's PR team didn't allow it.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7803/14/2013

I live in Russia and know a lot of intelligent people who are gay friendly. Sure, there are some Pro Putin supporters, but most people don't give a flying shit about Putin and co. None of this premiere thing has anything to do with gay issues. If you're a movie star and your fans wait 3 hours outside to get an autograph from you, don't be such a diva.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 7903/14/2013

r79, I apologize. I have a great deal of respect for you and others living in such an opressive enviroment, but for outsiders like me it just looks like the general public just goes along with it without putting up any fight at all.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8003/14/2013

Editor-in-chief came out and was forced to leave Kremlin-backed TV channel. Here's the insightful interview in English.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8103/14/2013

Apologies accepted.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8203/14/2013

Hey Russian Girl! Would you be interested in doing a "Ask Me Anything about Life in Russia" thread?

I think people here would love to learn about modern Russia from a DLer. Gay rights, government controlled media, Pussy Riot, blue jeans...

???

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8303/14/2013

Mila Kunis often looks like a slob and very sloppy.

I don't find her particularly attractive or pretty.

Not all that pleasing to look at.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8403/14/2013

Everytime I read about gay opression in Russia I get more and more confused because when I was working in St. Petersburg (summer 2006) I used to go to the gay clubs all the time and even the taxi drivers knew exactly where they were. Going in and out was no secretive operation, it was pretty fun AND cruisy inside(back rooms etc, and I never encountered bashing or hatred upon exiting.

There were two that I knew of - one poofey (with baroque decor and blouse queens) and one grungy (warehouse, dark, dungeony, with mostly t-shirts or no shirts).

Cabs would be lined up (like in NYC) in front to pick up patrons leaving late at night - and by late at night I mean the bright light of day since 4 AM in the summer in St. Petersburg shines as bright as any church Sunday morning.

Plus - right in front of the big Cathedral there was a strip bar that started with girls then switched to boy go-go dancers, for an entirely mixed crowd's enjoyment, with music pumping till the wee hours.

Have things changed since 2006?

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8503/14/2013

Pinko Commie Bastard, are you serious? If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. ;) You can start a new thread if you really want to know the current status quo. :)

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8603/14/2013

Very serious! I'll start a thread now! Thanks!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8703/14/2013

Sometimes she is beautiful but other times she looks a lot older than her years and her face can be muddy looking.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8803/14/2013

Wow, it's 1:34 AM in Moscow, so I'm going to sleep. I'll check the new thread tomorrow. Until laters, commie!

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 8903/14/2013

It's called "Calling All Comrades" for when you are ready.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9003/14/2013

I'm not a communist. Surprise, surprise...

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9103/14/2013

I figured! :)

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9203/14/2013

Well, good for you, comrade. :)

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9303/14/2013

average looks - see photo below

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9403/14/2013

Mila looks better than a 10-inch dick, and you know it.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9503/14/2013

I think she is drab, dreary, and very average or below.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9603/14/2013

I heard a rumor she was rude to people in Moscow.

by Laura Prepon''s lack of subtlety and comedic timing.reply 9703/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.