Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nikita

Who watched the pilot episode of Nikita? Maggie Q did a wonderful job. I really hope that the shoe sticks around for a while. It is on the CW Network. The show has action, martial arts, violence, and the whole works. I would love to hear from everyone on here. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 10507/31/2013

Can we get a 'shilldar' tag?

by Anonymousreply 109/11/2010

At least they left "La Femme" out of the title this time -- what is it, the third? -- so we don't have to hear t.v. announcers mispronounce it over and over.

by Anonymousreply 209/11/2010

Is she Asian? Nikita is not supposed to be Asian.

by Anonymousreply 309/11/2010

That is so true, r2.

by Anonymousreply 409/11/2010

I saw about two scenes of it and it was stupid. There was a scene where she picked up a chair as a shield against a guy shooting at her and you could see her little skeleton arms struggling to hold that chair up and swing it around. They needed to cast someone who actually looked like they wouldn't be blown over in a moderate breeze.

by Anonymousreply 509/11/2010

She's part Asian and part European.

by Anonymousreply 609/11/2010

Sorry, I live Petra Wilson muchhhh betta.....

by Anonymousreply 709/11/2010

The Times gave it great reviews. And it features THE Colleen Carlton (Lyndsey Fonesca).

by Anonymousreply 809/11/2010

I forgot this was on CW. It looked like a show on USA or TNT.

by Anonymousreply 909/11/2010

when did this show air?

by Anonymousreply 1009/11/2010

It's being shown again tonite at 9:00 in NYC

by Anonymousreply 1109/11/2010

NYC only?!? Does CW have a different schedule for each city?

by Anonymousreply 1209/11/2010

It might be on the CW everywhere in the world, unfortunately I can only vouch for NYC.

by Anonymousreply 1309/11/2010

Not liking it. Too violent.

by Anonymousreply 1409/11/2010

Peta Wilson.%0D %0D That's all.%0D

by Anonymousreply 1509/11/2010

I liked it better the first four times I saw it when it was named La Femme Nikita, La Femme Nikita, Point of No Return and Alias.

by Anonymousreply 1609/12/2010

I though it was horrible. I loved the first series. And the second series is awful%0D %0D %0D %0D They are using many of the characters names for the first tv show, and by doing so are trying to make us think this series is an extension from the first. And it's horrible%0D %0D %0D %0D Melinda Clark is supposed to be like Alberta Watson (Madeline)? that's a joke. So is casting Shane West and Lindsay Fonseca %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1709/12/2010

I liked it a lot, but I damn near did a spit take when Nikita said something about being 27.

That bitch is 35 if she's a day. If I'm wrong, that's a rough looking 27.

Also, she is very thin and it makes some of the action stuff implausible. Just watch Milla Jovovich in the resident evil movies and there's an example of an in shape woman that's a believable ass-kicker. She is lithe and fit. Maggie Q is bone-thin, as is Angelina Jolie in Salt.

by Anonymousreply 1809/12/2010

I loved Alias. Michael Vartan was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1909/12/2010

How do you pronounce her last name?

by Anonymousreply 2009/12/2010

Peta Wilson will always be Nikita. Not gonna watch it.

by Anonymousreply 2109/12/2010

R20, pretty sure it's 'Q'.

by Anonymousreply 2209/12/2010

First noticed Maggie Q in 'Naked Weapon'. I thought it's a good thing she's so very pretty because the girl she can't act.

by Anonymousreply 2309/12/2010

I thought R18 was exaggerating, but she does look like she's at least 36 (She's really only 31!).

by Anonymousreply 2409/12/2010

It has Melinda Clarke!

I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 2509/12/2010

It's the Asian genes making her look old.

by Anonymousreply 2609/12/2010

I watched the Nikita t.v. series that was on in the late 1990's and I thought it was pretty good. My favorite character was Madeline, played by Alberta Watson.

Sian Phillips had a recurring role on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2709/12/2010

Maggie Q has no ass.

by Anonymousreply 2809/12/2010

It was better than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 2909/12/2010

Thanks, r29.

by Anonymousreply 3009/12/2010

R30 = Maggie Q

by Anonymousreply 3109/12/2010

My name is not Maggie Q, r31.

by Anonymousreply 3209/12/2010

I'm a big fan of the original Luc Besson's Nikita and then of the Peta Wilson's Nikita. Point of No Return was ok in a theatre when it came out but watching it few years after in the telly showed really how mediocre it was.

And then this new series. Well, the production values are pretty high but like someone said it's really confusing that they are using some parts from the earlier Nikitas and at the same time they are trying to reinvent the story a bit. I wish they'd just changed the names and the story a bit and just make something new. All would've said it reminds of Nikita but then the series would've been on its own without drawing constantly memories from the past.

I don't mind the violence but in the Peta's La Femme Nikita the violence was there always to show the coldness of Section One and of the world they were living in. In this new Nikita there was too much violence too soon to make it matter at all. La Femme Nikita was fun and tough in a pulp fiction sort of way, but it always stayed true to its premise.

This new Nikita mixes so badly in my head with the earlier ones that it's pretty hard to watch it and I possibly won't be watching it after a couple of episodes, if even that, even though I admit I've always liked Shane West quite a lot. Maggie Q doesn't move me in any way, she's like a cold fish moving on the tv screen. The Amanda character (and her boudouir) was really cringe worthy, and the new Operations (don't remember his title) was boring. I actually liked the new recruits part because it was probably the only new thing they brought into the show.

If the show didn't look so expensively made I'd say it's heading to cancelville already but I guess they are trying to push it as much as they can. And you never know, maybe there's something fresh coming out later in the show.

by Anonymousreply 3309/12/2010

I don't think she looks old at all.

by Anonymousreply 3409/12/2010

I tuned in ans it was the middle of a fight scene between Nikita and some guy. I rolled my eyes at the bad fight choreography - they had so many quick camera cuts to disguise that the actress is twig thin and has no moves.

by Anonymousreply 3509/12/2010

I picture her getting hit in the face and all you'll hear is a crack as she breaks in half and falls over.%0D %0D I'm the demographic they were going for and I'm not watching it again.

by Anonymousreply 3609/12/2010

I was hoping this show would work. The worst part was Maggie Q. I'm guessing a person can't survive on a negative calorie diet without acting like a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 3709/12/2010

If the show fails, Maggie Q will be heading back to doing independent movies and fading into obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 3809/12/2010

Maggie's real last name is Quigley or something like that, but the Hong Kong press shortened it to Q when no one there could pronounce it. That's where she first started acting.

by Anonymousreply 3909/12/2010

I loved, loved La Femme Nikita. Peta Wilson was perfectly cast as Nikita. She had a physical presence that Maggie Q does not. Peta was thin, but very fit and at 5'10 you could believe that she was capable of kicking some ass. When Maggie Q was first cast I was disappointed. Also I'm not too sure about Shane West. He's no Roy Dupuis. I did enjoy the first episode and Maggie Q was better than I had expected. But girl needs to put on some weight and tone up to be believable as Nikita imo.

by Anonymousreply 4009/12/2010

Shane West is laughable in the role.

by Anonymousreply 4109/12/2010

I believe it, r41.

by Anonymousreply 4209/12/2010

I liked it and will give it another try next week to see if it holds up.%0D %0D I can't believe no one here has mentioned the fact that Shane West's rumored-to-be BF was also in the episode. He was billed as a guest star, however, not a regular, so don't know if he'll be back again next week.

by Anonymousreply 4309/12/2010

R43 I was coming in here to see if anyone had pointed out the Shane/Ashton thing. Ashton's character is supposed to be around for a while. However I won't be surprised if he is "shockingly" killed off mid-season if anything starts happening behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 4409/12/2010

[quote]It's the Asian genes making her look old.

I was going to say it's the Caucasian genes aging her prematurely, but now I think she's just flat out lying about her age from looking at her pictures.

by Anonymousreply 4509/12/2010

Maggie Q is trying to be an action star in this game of her career. This is a do or die situation.

by Anonymousreply 4609/13/2010

They should have Aya Sumika from Numb3rs playing a villian in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 4709/14/2010

Did anyone see the second episode of Nikita last night?%0D %0D What did you think of it?

by Anonymousreply 4809/17/2010

Well neither Caucasians nor Asians are known for aging particularly well, so she's pretty fucked either way, right? And 31 my ass. I'd say around 35 or 36. Do we have the Asian CZJ on our hands?

by Anonymousreply 4909/17/2010

The show is tanking.

by Anonymousreply 5009/17/2010

I liked the second episode. I like where it's going. I would like them to beef up the serial elements beyond the "mission of the week" though.

by Anonymousreply 5109/17/2010

Me too, r51.

by Anonymousreply 5209/17/2010

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 5309/17/2010

The second episode was really good. I finally saw chemistry between Nikita and Michael.

by Anonymousreply 5409/17/2010

Just as long as the show gets better and better. It will be a breeze.

by Anonymousreply 5509/18/2010

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 5609/20/2010

I haven't watched the last two episodes. Is the show getting better or worse?

by Anonymousreply 5709/25/2010

I really like the show and will continue watching it.

by Anonymousreply 5809/26/2010

I was hoping this was going to be about the song

by Anonymousreply 5909/26/2010

No, r59, it's about the show called Nikita.

by Anonymousreply 6009/29/2010

This version of Michael and Nikita is not as dynamic as La Femme Nikita's duo, but their relationship and chemistry seem to be getting better.

by Anonymousreply 6109/30/2010

Maggie Q looked incredibly old in the last episode...even more so when they tried to pass her off as younger in the flashbacks. What a joke.

Have Shane and Ashton shared any scenes yet? Standing in the same room doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 6210/01/2010

[quote]I won't be surprised if he is "shockingly" killed off mid-season if anything starts happening behind the scenes.

I just watched last week's episode. R44 nailed the midseason finale twist.

by Anonymousreply 6312/18/2010

Tonight's episode was awesome. The Nikita-Michael backstory is really the heart of the show. %0D %0D It really reminds me of the type of series that aired in the 1980s and 1990s.%0D %0D Maggie Q is so kick ass!%0D %0D Anyone here still watching NIKITA?

by Anonymousreply 6402/03/2011

I am.

by Anonymousreply 6502/06/2011

Nikita is one of my favorite shows. I'm not sure it makes sense and it seems a little over the top in how she gets away each week but it's brainless fun and I enjoy watching it.

by Anonymousreply 6602/06/2011

Last night's episode was the best thus far. I hate having to wait until April 7 for a new episode.

by Anonymousreply 6702/25/2011

Me too, r67.

by Anonymousreply 6802/25/2011

It's amazing how NIKITA has evolved throughout the season. During the first episode, I saw no chemistry between Michael and Nikita, yet now they have intense chemistry in spades. Also, Maggie Q looks much prettier than she did in the pilot (1st episode).

by Anonymousreply 6902/25/2011

I love this show! Just started watching on Netflix and already I'm on episode 20!

Haven't heard of Shane West before; he is so hot! Wish they would show him shirtless every episode! :-)

by Anonymousreply 7012/20/2011

Anyone watching Nikita this season?

by Anonymousreply 7111/06/2012

Anyone home?

by Anonymousreply 7211/09/2012

I like everything about this show except for Maggie Q.

by Anonymousreply 7311/09/2012

Loved this show until this new season. We're back to an episode of the week with no overarching story and I'm bored. Sucks really, because Nikita used to be must-see TV for me. After episode four/five of the first season it got BRILLIANT.

by Anonymousreply 7411/09/2012

Why is that, r73?

What is wrong with Maggie Q's acting?

by Anonymousreply 7511/09/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 7611/15/2012

maggie Q(nikita) was trained by jackie chan. look up her bio

by Anonymousreply 7711/27/2012

Who is watching Nikita this season?

by Anonymousreply 7803/03/2013

What does anyone think of Shane West's acting on Nikita?

by Anonymousreply 7903/05/2013

This is the only Nikita I'm interested in.

by Anonymousreply 8003/05/2013

What about Lyndsy Fonseca who plays Alex?

by Anonymousreply 8103/07/2013

Anyone home?

by Anonymousreply 8203/09/2013

Does anyone on here watch the show?

by Anonymousreply 8303/11/2013

The ratings have been down this year for this season.

by Anonymousreply 8403/14/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 8503/21/2013

Can we get a discussion going on here? It is dead.

by Anonymousreply 8604/01/2013

What are your favorite characters?

by Anonymousreply 8704/04/2013

Does anyone have tea on the cast members?

by Anonymousreply 8804/06/2013

Peta Wilson was a much better Nikita

by Anonymousreply 8904/06/2013

In what way, r89.

by Anonymousreply 9004/10/2013

I want an answer, r89.

by Anonymousreply 9104/14/2013

Ever since Nikita season 3 left the Dirty Thirty behind and shifted the focus to Amanda's mission, it has been a non-stop, unpredictable emotional ride.

On "Broken Home," Division imploded from the mutiny, while the captive Nikita learned about Amanda's past through mind manipulation. Both were intense situations that ended in shocking and unexpected ways. While one happened in the past and the other in the present, both have far-reaching consequences.

Amanda's mission to get Nikita this season has been confusing at times, but that fits with her character. What is it that Amanda really wants? She says that she wants to teach both Nikita and Alex lessons, but it's becoming more clear that Amanda doesn't necessarily know her end game. At this point of her plan, she wanted Nikita to learn the truth about her past and a tragic one it was.

"You can't save everyone." was the theme of the hour and Nikita's lesson of the day. While re-living Amanda's past, Nikita was determined save Helen from her father's torture and experiments. Amanda also continually promised to save Helen, but year after year never followed through on the promise. She couldn't overcome her father's control. It all came to a tragic end when Helen killed her father and her sister. After years of torture, Helen could only save herself and with that the new Amanda was born.

Amanda (Helen) suffered at the hands of her father and ended up following in his footsteps by using the same techniques on Division recruits. As her father made her, she made Nikita, who made Alex. Amanda's understanding of how the three of them are connected finally makes sense, while perhaps deluded. Now that Nikita knows the truth, will that alter her opinion of Amanda? Will she want to save her or kill her?

Nikita believes and Amanda implied that something else was done to Nikita's brain while she was unconscious. Did Amanda plant other thoughts in her head? For Nikita's sake, I hope it's not nearly has harmful as what Amanda did to Owen and Alex.

While Nikita took a trip down Amanda's memory lane, Alex was learning the same lesson that "You can't save everyone" at Division. Alex's self-destruction due to the implanted emotions over the loss of Larissa and the brothel girls has been difficult to watch. Not even Sean could get through to her. Rachel may have taken over leadership of the mutiny, it was Alex that spurred the actions that lead to a loss of life.

Alex's intentions to free everyone ended up including the destruction of Shadow Walker making her friend, Birkhoff, a target. Unlike the first time Birkhoff had to kill someone, he had no hesitation here. He had to protect himself, Division, and do whatever he could to save the mutineers from themselves.

While most of the Division agents were able to escape, others died and in the end, Alex lost the person who meant the most to her. Sean's death was tragic and happened so quickly. One moment he seemed fine and the next moment he was dead from internal bleeding. In the end, will Alex finally realize that Amanda did mess with her head? After everything Alex has been through in her life and her quest to save everyone, the loss of Sean may be more than she can take.

Alex may have lost Sean, but she's not responsible for his death. The blame belongs entirely to Amanda. The evil mind manipulator has taken too much from them all. She has caused unbelievable pain on all of the those remaining at Division. Nikita, Michael, Alex, Birkhoff, and Ryan should shift their focus to finally taking her out, so she can't torment anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 9204/21/2013

Oh yeah, Peta Wilson was hot.

I never understood the premise of Nikita. She was sentenced to death but escaped by taking a job with a secret government organization. Yeah, okay. Not exactly believable, but okay.

But then, why doesn't she just make her escape as soon as she has the chance? What keeps her there, killing innocent people and always in danger of being killed herself?

by Anonymousreply 9304/21/2013

For some reason my local CW didn't give the Nikita episode.

Don't know why.

I'm gonna have to look at it online.

I know a cute guy dies.

by Anonymousreply 9404/21/2013

Somehow I've missed this thread until now. OP, I've seen every episode of the show. I *was* a big fan, but as much as I hate to say it, I think it should've ended last season. They had a natural ending in place with Percy finally dying and Division going under, and it seemed like the producers *intended* for it to end that way, assuming the show would be cancelled ... but, then, it wasn't. This season it's been flailing all over the place, with one ridiculous plot turn after another. There is ZERO reason why Amanda wouldn't have killed Nikita by now -- and vice-versa -- except for plot-contrivance purposes.

I'm still watching, but I will be surprised if it makes it to another season. If it does it will *only* be because The CW's new shows this season were such a total disaster, most of all the SATC-prequel "The Carrie Diaries."

by Anonymousreply 9504/21/2013

I think they'll give it another season, or at least a 10 or 13 episode year.

i think they are approaching 100 episodes, which is what they need for syndication.

by Anonymousreply 9604/21/2013

The CW is trying to go for a ten episode to wrap up all of the storylines for the next season.

by Anonymousreply 9704/23/2013

I do feel that Nikita needs a full season next year to be considered for syndication.

by Anonymousreply 9804/25/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 9905/09/2013

Nikita Renewed For A Short (Final?) 4th Season & The Carrie Diaries Renewed For 2nd Season

by Anonymousreply 10005/10/2013

Next season Nikita's final season will only have six episodes. What does anyone on here think?

by Anonymousreply 10105/18/2013

Bump!!!

by Anonymousreply 10206/03/2013

R101 nikita is the only show on the CW i watch anymore and i really like the actors on it. i wished there were at least 13 episodes next season. But i guess its good they know ahead of time that there is 6 episodes and hopefully they will end it on a high note.

by Anonymousreply 10306/03/2013

Me too, r103.

by Anonymousreply 10406/04/2013

Lyndsy Fonseca at Comic Con a week or so ago.

by Anonymousreply 10507/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.