Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Barrowman

Handsome, talented successful proud out gay man singing a love song about another man. OK girls, in grand Datalounge tradition ATTACK!

by Anonymousreply 10911/21/2012

While I think he's not exactly the greatest actor of all time but I think he has a charming personality. He should do a version of a Late or Evening Show where he interviews celebrities, does a funny opening monologue, a few skits and occasionally sings duets with his guests.

by Anonymousreply 108/28/2010

I wish that CBS would put out "Central Park West" on DVD. Everyone who was involved with the show could do commentaries for it including John Barrowman.

by Anonymousreply 208/28/2010

Who is she and why should I know this gal?

by Anonymousreply 308/28/2010

And of course singing with the out and talented Daniel Boys...

by Anonymousreply 408/28/2010

He should replace Mary Hart. I bet the wigs would fit.

by Anonymousreply 508/28/2010

Beautiful uncut cock. You just want to eat it!

by Anonymousreply 608/28/2010

A real beauty in drag in LA CAGE AUX FOLLES.

by Anonymousreply 708/28/2010

He's a talentless fame whore OP. Always hated him.

by Anonymousreply 808/28/2010

He's a good singer. I'm not used to hearing guys sing love songs specifically about other guys. I'm sure I'll get over it. I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2010

I guess he's ok if you like British people.

by Anonymousreply 1008/28/2010

Great video, thanks for posting it. His vice was much better than I had expected...

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2010

He's thoroughly obnoxious whenever he appears on British TV. Which is quite a lot. A mediocrity amply rewarded for providing sexual favors to BBC execs for the past 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 1208/28/2010

Love him, great singer

by Anonymousreply 1308/28/2010

[quote]I guess he's ok if you like British people.

If you want to be technical, he was born in Scotland but left at 8 years old and raised in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 1408/28/2010

Hey, that song is from CHESS!

How fun!

by Anonymousreply 1508/28/2010

His music is damn cheesy (check out his version of One Night Only - he sang it on GMTV, should be on YT), but I actually like his version of I Know Him So Well.

I think he'd be a terrible Talk Show Host. He's far too interested in himself.

by Anonymousreply 1608/28/2010

[quote]He's far too interested in himself.

Yeah, shocking, I mean he's a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 1708/29/2010

Graham Norton gets the best out of his guests.

by Anonymousreply 1808/29/2010

Was that really him in the hot dog bun?

by Anonymousreply 1908/29/2010

No, it really wasn't him in "the hot dog bun." It was really him in the hamburger bun.

by Anonymousreply 2008/29/2010

Can anyone post the famous "Hamburger Bun"?%0D %0D TIA.

by Anonymousreply 2108/29/2010

The bun no longer exists R21. It was eaten by Barrowman's boyfriend at the time.

by Anonymousreply 2208/29/2010

i've always found him the hot one, but BOY-o BOY was that song a suckass song.

by Anonymousreply 2308/29/2010

I don't know, it's musical theatre, he is a camp gay man, why would this stand out. The day a hot, straight acting indie signer sings a love song to another man is the day I'd sit up and take notice.

by Anonymousreply 2408/29/2010

He sings I Know Him So Well in concert and on one of his pop albums (which charted high). He's not singing it in a musical theatre context. And since when have camp gay men sung love songs to other men in a pop music context?

by Anonymousreply 2508/29/2010

Oh, and indie band Grizzly Bear, with gay lead singer Ed Droste(I don't know if he's straight-acting, sorry), have been performing He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss) for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 2608/29/2010

Scott is hotter IMO.

by Anonymousreply 2708/29/2010

I wonder if Scott in drag is as pretty as John?

by Anonymousreply 2808/29/2010

His husband Scott is waaaaay cuter. And smarter. John is a big show-off pants.

by Anonymousreply 2908/29/2010

by Anonymousreply 3008/30/2010

by Anonymousreply 3108/30/2010

by Anonymousreply 3208/30/2010

Here you go OP and Scott Gill lovers.

by Anonymousreply 3308/30/2010

I see why R24's unimpressed. Just because several years ago it would be unheard of for two out musical actors to sing a love song together is no reason to feel proud or happy. The fact that the audience loves it and the comments on youtube are mostly very supportive are no reason to think we've come a long way.

Oh, wait, that's all horseshit. It's amazing and inspiring.

To quote my favorite youtube comment: "That two men can sing this to a crowd roaring its approval is such a wonderful thing. It's been a long time coming, I am glad I lived to see it."

So am I. R24, if you're not satisfied, neither am I; I want to see out gay people in every area of entertainment and every other industry go public and be applauded for it (or just accepted, really). But if you're not impressed, you're going out of your way to shit on progress, which is kind of lame.

by Anonymousreply 3408/30/2010

I love John Barrowman. He is so handsome and has a great personality. He is just so over the top gay it's funny. He cannot be like that in real life...

by Anonymousreply 3508/30/2010

I like John Barrowman, I really do.%0D %0D But I'll never understand the mindset in the gay community that every single one of us has to LOVE someone just because they are gay (and out) as well. We're not sheeps, we are allowed our own opinions. %0D

by Anonymousreply 3608/30/2010

Yes, he sings in tune and has a good amount of singing power but his voice is a hollow shell. Completely unmoving or dramatic. Not an ounce of warmth.

by Anonymousreply 3708/30/2010

Well, I was totally in their corner until I read the interview. They have a "sexy" Taylor Lautner standee in their home...and Scott wants to "mentor" troubled teens?? Yuck. No sense of appropriateness at all.

by Anonymousreply 3808/30/2010

I think he's great. If I had one beef with him it's that he knows he's great as well.

by Anonymousreply 3909/01/2010

And for the record, the hamburger picture is not him. His friends told him about it, he saw and said, nope, not him. He said if it was, he would have said so since it's nothing to be ashamed about but alas it wasn't him.

by Anonymousreply 4009/01/2010

needs an eye job but not too much.

by Anonymousreply 4109/01/2010

They were going to adopt a child but Scott is really not into it and John LOVES kids and is from a big family. That must be an issue for them.

Scott seems kind of like a cold fish next to John who is so gregarious and charming.

by Anonymousreply 4209/01/2010

John should just be grateful he has Scott. John is not easy to put up with and Scott is better-looking than he is.

by Anonymousreply 4309/01/2010

Are we to assume John is a big-dicked bottom?

by Anonymousreply 4409/02/2010

Well, that was short.

by Anonymousreply 4509/08/2010

Cheesy synthetic pop music is cheesy no matter who sings it.

by Anonymousreply 4609/08/2010

John is annoying... his husband is better looking and has a great personality.%0D %0D I wonder who is the top and bottom in their relationship...

by Anonymousreply 4709/08/2010

What a bunch of bitches....he's a great performer, handsome and successful...good for him

Very out which we need and most are afraid to do in his position...

Artistically, whatever...he is an entertainer not a major talent...great personality on stage...

I love him...

by Anonymousreply 4809/08/2010

I wonder if straight people are as catty when it comes to straigtht performers on anonymous message boards?

by Anonymousreply 4909/08/2010

I'd say his looks trumped his hammy talents, but even his looks have faded, as looks do. %0D %0D For all that, he seems rather inoffensive in the spectrum of things, and I never got all of the condemnation in old DL threads about his supposed whoring around. If he did, so what? He's one of the few gay actors/entertainers whose sexuality isn't completely subjugated to camp buffonery, or sanitized beyond imagination.

by Anonymousreply 5009/08/2010

Here he is spanking Adam Garcia's bare ass at the "West End Bares" event.

There's also other vids with out actor/performers John Partridge and Paul O'Grady.

by Anonymousreply 5109/08/2010

Check out this West End Bares audience member who decided to "join in". Scroll down (and be prepared!).

by Anonymousreply 5209/08/2010

I like Barrowman A LOT! Every time I've seen him in an interview situation he's always been quite self deprecating. He's a gorgeous man and I think his acting abilities, while maybe not as good as some, is very enjoyable.

But of course he'll be hated by many on DL simply because he's good looking, successful, has a handsome lover, and by all appearances seems to be a quite happy, content man.

by Anonymousreply 5309/08/2010

Holy Moly posted a naked photo or photos a few years ago that were supposedly of John Barrowman - not the hot dog one.

I think they might have been saved on one of my external HDD. I'll have a look when I get home and upload them.

by Anonymousreply 5409/08/2010

"His vice was much better than I had expected..."

I vice, while admirable, is not on the level of his vice, which just squeezes me just nice.

by Anonymousreply 5509/09/2010

Uhhh, no, R55, those of us who hate him do so because he's a mediocrity who's been up his own ass for as long as he's been shoved down our throats by the BBC.

by Anonymousreply 5609/09/2010

I love John Barrowman with my whole heart.

by Anonymousreply 5709/09/2010

I love him too! He's so charismatic and comes across as someone who loves and makes the most of all that life has to offer.

by Anonymousreply 5809/10/2010

Charismatic, RHubba Hubba? Uhh, no. Hugh Jackman has charisma. Barrowman's a robot. He is smart to be sticking to the UK and not trying for international stardom. He's too old to attempt that now, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5909/10/2010

This shrew likes mo's but not Barrowman. He's an unnecessarily irritating presence on my TV screen and his singing voice is, at best, passable.

by Anonymousreply 6109/11/2010

Maybe when Torchwood starts airing on STARZ he'll become better known in the US

by Anonymousreply 6209/11/2010

Please don't be ayb. r61. I like ayb almost as much as John Barrowman.

by Anonymousreply 6309/11/2010

Saw John and Scott interacting at West End Bares the other night. They seemed totally loved up - at one point John, who was hosting, went into the crowd, stood next to Scott and gave him a kiss, after declaring that he loved England because that's where he met 'his husband.' It was all very sweet (as well as jealousy inducing!).%0D %0D Both are extremely hot and look great for their ages (or, indeed, any age). Some people just do have it all!

by Anonymousreply 6409/11/2010

Not a fan of Barrowman in a music sense. But he sings this rather well.

by Anonymousreply 6509/11/2010

Here he is on Loose Women recently. His usual energetic self. He does rather lose me towards the end when he asserts that attending one of his concerts will be one of the most entertaining nights out ever for those who attend (!!!?!).

by Anonymousreply 6609/11/2010

[quote] I love John Barrowman. He is so handsome and has a great personality. He is just so over the top gay it's funny. He cannot be like that in real life...%0D %0D Actually, part of the reason I adore him is because he IS like that in real life. A friend of a friend I met once worked on Doctor Who when Captain Jack was on it, so of course I grilled him about working with John Barrowman. He said John is exactly like he is on tv and that he's fun and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I believe his exact description was "overly sugared child"%0D %0D Personally, I think how he is on tv is exactly who he is and isn't a put-on. Look at it this way, the man cannot act his way out of a paper bag. (Love the man, but he sucked on Desperate Housewives!)

by Anonymousreply 6709/11/2010

I love John with my whole heart. His is perfection to me. Gill is almost his equal, but but I won't allow myself to become infatuated with the husband of the man I love with my whole heart.

I actually smell flowers when I see these two together.

by Anonymousreply 6809/11/2010

Um, R68? You need to get your own life sweetheart. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 6909/11/2010

He's a raging narcissist while being nothing to write home about in any department except his dick size.

by Anonymousreply 7009/12/2010

What an irony.

They're singing it at Faenol. (Or Vaynol) Vaynol was the estate of Sir Michael Duff: a married but gay, handsome, and very very rich baronet who was a star of 30s society, like his sister Lady Julia.

by Anonymousreply 7109/12/2010

My life would be filled with so much joy if John was in it. I can imagine waking up every morning to his beautiful smile and lovely eyes. Maybe he smells of cinnamon, wafting his presence throughout our home as he makes his way to the kitchen to brew me a cup of organic coffee... aaahh, one can only dream!

by Anonymousreply 7209/12/2010

So, initially I thought r68 was the winner with: "I actually smell flowers when I see these two together."%0D %0D But r72 gets the win: "Maybe he smells of cinnamon, wafting his presence throughout our home as he makes his way to the kitchen to brew me a cup of organic coffee..."

by Anonymousreply 7309/12/2010

R68 and R72 have issues. I love the man, but they take the care. Stalkers much?

by Anonymousreply 7409/12/2010

Oh, that would be cool. With every subscription you'll receive a smell-o-rama Datalounge strip. Scratch ... and ... sniff!

by Anonymousreply 7509/12/2010

When I see John and Scott together, besides smelling flowers I also hear heavenly music and my daffodil gets stiff and fragrant. My back will arch and my shoulders square as if being held from behind. I often dream of being their shared boi blow-up doll that helps them remain faithful to one another while reducing the chances that one or both might suffer a spuge hemorrhage or testicle infarction.

Come-on r73, I really want this win!

by Anonymousreply 7609/12/2010

Thank you for that, r76. Whatever that was. %0D

by Anonymousreply 7709/12/2010

R75 Scratch-and-sniff datalounge would be interesting but I think I'd opt out on the threads about Cheryl or eating ass!

by Anonymousreply 7809/12/2010

"Overly sugared child" was from this board. It was the description the "DW crew guy" who used to post here used for Barrowman.

by Anonymousreply 7909/12/2010

R79 Seriously? I wonder if its the same guy I met?

by Anonymousreply 8009/12/2010

He's seen more dick than a Navy doctor.

by Anonymousreply 8109/12/2010

Wasn't he in the short-lived camp classic Titans?

by Anonymousreply 8209/12/2010

R72, maybe it WOULD be that perfect and beautiful waking up next to John Barrowman every morning.....%0D %0D Then on the other hand, maybe he'd wake up with pillow hair and a string of drool hanging off of his chin. He'd sit up in bed and pick smelly cheese from between his toes, then go into the bathroom and rip a loud fart while he took his morning piss. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 8309/12/2010

Umm...hate to burst the bubbles of all the Johnny Barrowman fans, but this is not a nice man. I am familiar with him from his CENTRAL PARK WEST days and on-set he was a closeted, arrogant, homophobic, grade-A asshole who would routinely throw other gays under the bus to deflect attention from himself. Truly the worst kind of closeted man whether he needed to hide in the entertainment industry or not. His true character revealed itself during that time, as it always does under stress, and it was ugly. Big deal he finally came out. A leopard doesn't change its spots. He's still an abject narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 8409/12/2010

Sorry R84 but I'm pretty sure you're full of shit. I don't know for sure but I think John came out before CPW.

by Anonymousreply 8509/13/2010

Absolutely not, R85, Barrowman was definitely in the closet at the time of CPW, it's the exact same time he made up those fake "relationships" with Stefanie Powers and Angie Dickinson. After CPW flopped he was being lined up to do commercials for a cologne company and in an interview for US magazine he not only bragged about how well endowed he was he also said he loved just letting out a great big noisy fart from time to time. Bye, bye, cologne commercials. He was not landing any roles in film or TV here (like the lead in WILL & GRACE) because he simply wasn't appealing or talented enough. His reputation from the CPW set and elsewhere was getting around, so to speak. He had to go back to the UK with his tail between his legs to re-build his career there. He didn't come out until a few years after he was back there, probably when he started on DOCTOR WHO.

by Anonymousreply 8709/13/2010

[quote] He was not landing any roles in film or TV here (like the lead in WILL & GRACE)%0D %0D Yeah, he didn't get any roles but it came down to him and Eric McCormick for Will. Getting down to the last two is pretty impressive.%0D %0D Wow R87, you are jealous or bitter or something. damn!

by Anonymousreply 8809/13/2010

He had to endure Darren Star slobbering over him and under him for extendes periods of time to land the CPW role and to hold onto it when there was a "refurbishment" midway through the season. CBS wanted him to get killed off by Melissa Errico's character.

by Anonymousreply 8909/13/2010

Not jealous or bitter, R88, I'm pretty happy with myself. Just calling a spade a spade where Barrowman's concerned.

I have an agent friend in London who said that Barrowman's treatment of his boyfriend Paco was shameful when he dumped him to go to NY for CPW. They'd lived together for at least a year after they were in MATADOR together-Paco played the back-end of the bull. Barrowman decided he needed to be "single" and chucked Paco out of his life. He's an abject narcissist and a world-class creep who's treated people like shit.

by Anonymousreply 9009/13/2010

[quote]He had to endure Darren Star slobbering over him and under him for extendes periods of time[/quote]%0D %0D Uhhh, sounds pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 9109/13/2010

Nope R90, Barrowman broke up with that boyfriend years before CPW etc - as he explains in his autobiography he met and was living with his partner Scott in 1993/1994, before CPW. He also describes living in NY with Scott during CPW filming.

by Anonymousreply 9209/13/2010

And you believe everything in his "autobiography," R92?

by Anonymousreply 9309/13/2010

It's equally insane to worship or revile a celebrity one will never know (whereas frivolous gossip and mockery is fine), but the send-ups of over-the-top adoration are very funny.

Mostly because every gay male celebrity has straight female stalkers who sound exactly like that, and who camp out (no pun intended) on DL to rhapsodize about their obsession, while never making the slightest advance in their gay-rights support.

That's off-topic. But they do sound like the 'cinnamon' post.

by Anonymousreply 9409/13/2010

More than I do an anonymous message on this board R93! Particularly ones that are 'from a friend of a friend etc...'%0D %0D Besides, it%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s a simple matter of dates %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%93 Matador was in 1991, CPW 1995. Barrowman was in Sunset in 1994, when he started going out with his partner.%0D

by Anonymousreply 9509/13/2010

Oh, come on. You think Barrowman and his partner would create an entire elaborate conspiracy concerning how and when they met and became a couple, fabricate the experience of having lived together in a foreign country, and keep up these lies for years and years (with the surely large number of friends and colleagues who knew them then never spilling), simply to try to hide the OMG shocking fact that Barrowman once dumped someone?

by Anonymousreply 9609/13/2010

R96 You forgot to mention that the book was written by his sister, so his family is in on the lie to.%0D

by Anonymousreply 9709/13/2010

I love John with my whole heart and penis too.

by Anonymousreply 9809/13/2010

[quote] Mostly because every gay male celebrity has straight female stalkers who sound exactly like that, and who camp out (no pun intended) on DL to rhapsodize about their obsession, while never making the slightest advance in their gay-rights support.%0D %0D As a straight chick here who loves John, first I must say I'm not a stalker. Second, I'm on a gay webite so obviously I'm gay friendly. Heck I've been to a pride and I'm boycotting Target! I also have the equality sticker in my car, which happens to be a subaru, so I get hit on by a lot of women! lol

by Anonymousreply 9909/13/2010

Right there with ya R98! *swoon*

by Anonymousreply 10009/14/2010

by Anonymousreply 10111/21/2012

I think John is ovah here in the UK, he has not been on tv for oh at least a few months - unless he is busy filming something else.

I think most of us got very tired of his "me, me, me" act on every chat shot and family entertainment shows.

Like the equally reviled (then) James Corden, we just had too much of Barrowman - on tv every saturday night, his book, his record, his tour, etc. blah blah blah ...

by Anonymousreply 10211/21/2012

I will always be in love with John as the most beautiful Zaza ever in La Cage Aux Folles.

by Anonymousreply 10311/21/2012

WEHT the Jackass who started this thread? Did she survive the grease fire?

by Anonymousreply 10411/21/2012

Well, there hasn't been much competition.

by Anonymousreply 10511/21/2012

He really is stunning and passable as John BarroWOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 10611/21/2012

He is in Arrow now on the CW. I guess he will become a super villain at some point on the show.

by Anonymousreply 10711/21/2012

Why is John Barrowman on Attack of the Show on G4? That is really slumming. Can't he get hired to do anything better? He must have a shitty agent.

by Anonymousreply 10811/21/2012

He first came to my attention on Central Park West. I believe the linked photo appeared in People magazine at the time. I was a baby gay and I was obsessed with this photo. So fucking hot!!

by Anonymousreply 10911/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!