Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Taylor Swift

She's very pretty and seems like a nice girl, but how many songs is she going to release that sound almost identical?

by Anonymousreply 6402/14/2014

Manufactured Bimbo to attract the teenbeat crowd to Country. You could throw a guitar against the wall and come up with better tunes.

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2010

And an inevitable homophobe too. Nice girl? Fuck you OP.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2010

She's country-fried trash.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2010

Country Music is created for American Republicans only, so no loss there....

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2010

I called it at r2, she's already gotten in trouble for homophobic lyrics. In her song "Picture To Burn" she threatens an ex-boyfriend with smearing him as "gay." The trailer-trash moron clearly thinks "gay" is a put-down, and even recklessly promotes homophobic taunting in schools with these lyrics:

%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CState the obvious, I didn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t get my perfect fantasy/I realized you love yourself more than you could ever love me/So go and tell your friends that I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99m obsessive and crazy/That%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s fine, I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ll tell mine you%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99re gay%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D

Retract that "nice girl" crap, OP.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2010

I saw her performing live on TV,she can't sing to save herself.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2010

She is nothing more than T&A (and very little T)

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2010

She can't sing or write songs yet she's treated like the second coming of Judy Garland in the country world. What the fuck? I still think it's unspeakable that she was given the CMA's Entertainer of the Year award.

And to answer your question about how her songs all sound identical, OP--well, it's the same reason all of Britney Spears's songs sound the same. It's so Swift won't forget the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2010

So true, r8.

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2010

r8 she is treated like the second coming by THEE world.

[quote]Fearless was also the first album in history to win the American Music Award (AMA), Academy of Country Music Award (ACM), Country Music Association Award (CMA), and Grammy Award for Album of The Year in the same year.

by Anonymousreply 1008/28/2010

The Republicans really are still in control.

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2010

White Teenage Girl Hell Central!

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2012

"She is also a very good musician and songwriter."

If that is not sarcasm at it's finest, I don't know what is.

There was nobody to steal the show from. It was her, Justin Bieber and a collection of DJs - read guys who slice and dice others peoples music onto a stock dance track.

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2012

Many singers are one trick ponies. Depends on how you like your pony

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2012

wrong, R14

see link of performer line-up

some of the most popular performers around right now

but you probably wouldn't know that

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2012

Popular with 14 year old girls. Most of these events are "all ages" which means.....14 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 1712/08/2012

The one thing that differentiates her from the other teenybopper pop singers is her aggressive social-climbing-dating style. The Kennedys were appalled and I have to say the girl's got game in the famewhoring department.

by Anonymousreply 1812/08/2012

Nobody in the music industry takes Taylor Swift seriously. The bankers do, but they also realize that getting money from teens is a crap shoot, having nothing to do with talent.

Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Gangnam Style, One Direction will all be forgotten as the next crop of teen beat stars enter the market. Nobody will ever cover her songs, because they are poor quality music with over simplistic messages for virgin teen girls.

The will send Taylor packing to Hollywood soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 1912/08/2012

We are talking about Top 40 pop music which all sounds the same to me. How is she any worse than Katy Perry, Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna, Beyonce, and on and on and on and on....? None of these people are real musicians which is why the Grammies always infuriate the public - the Grammies are a reflection of what the real musicians think. Of course Justin Bieber is not going to be nominated for a Grammy. No surprise there at all. And Swift does in fact write and play her own compositions -- not many can say that.

by Anonymousreply 2012/08/2012

Her career was bought and paid for by her wealthy father. I have nothing against manufactured pop music but her schtick is getting to be very tiresome, along with her "relationships".

by Anonymousreply 2212/08/2012

She has a new song coming out with the lyrics of "I will forever and ever love you, and won't look back. Because, I will never ever love anyone else".

by Anonymousreply 2312/09/2012

You lost me at "she's very pretty".

by Anonymousreply 2412/09/2012

The Grammy Awards are awarded annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Bieber has been nominated two times.

Year 2011

Nominated artist and work: Justin Bieber nominated for best new artist

Year 2011

Justin Bieber nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album called My World 2.0

by Anonymousreply 2512/09/2012

The songs that Taylor Swift writes are poetic, clever, lyrical, and smart.

And her stage show has received raves for its creativity, excitement, great entertainment value, stagecraft, great visual effects - and very good musicians in her back up band.

by Anonymousreply 2612/09/2012

Holly crap, talk about making sh*it up R26!!!

The songs Taylor Swift sings (because she is mostly ghost written) are worded for 15 year old girls. She has been highly criticized for this, and ABCs Diane Sawyer even did a story about that criticism of her, basically showing stadiums full of white teenage girls only with their moms standing in the background.

The thing Taylor Swift gets acclaim for is milking middle aged women for their money via their teenage daughters.

by Anonymousreply 2712/09/2012

Hey OP, you can ask the same question to most performers.

by Anonymousreply 2812/09/2012

[quote]I saw her performing live on TV,she can't sing to save herself.

What you heard wasn't the voice that went into the microphone. Autotune is instantaneous so that it corrects her pitch to match the orchestra. She can't carry a tune in a bucket.

by Anonymousreply 2912/09/2012

Look, a new Taylor Swift photoshoot!

by Anonymousreply 3012/09/2012

Taylor Swift was asked by DJ TIESTO this month, to twitter him back on his support for World AIDS Day (RED Campaign). Every other celebrity TIESTO asked, twittered him back, Taylor Swift refused to. (likely because her Jesusland fanbase thinks AIDS is a punishment from God).

Understand Taylor Swift now?

by Anonymousreply 3112/09/2012

I wish one of the producers Swift works with would go public about how much she really contributes to the songs.

by Anonymousreply 3212/09/2012

R32, She probably "contributes" much in the same way Madonna does, by changing a word or two and taking a cowriter's credit.

And I was not aware about the "Picture to Burn" lyrics. That little cunt. I wonder if she wrote it about Jake?

by Anonymousreply 3312/09/2012

LOL...this thread was started over 2 years ago, yet it remains as timely as ever. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 3412/09/2012

Rich white girl wants to be famous - Daddy pays for her dreams to come true.

Most Dads can't afford this - Taylor's obviously can

by Anonymousreply 3512/09/2012

I used to think, that we, were forever ever ever/ And I used to say never say never/ Huh, he calls me up and he's like, I still love you/ And I'm like, I'm just, I mean this is exhausting, you know/ We are never getting back together, like ever

Pure poetry.

by Anonymousreply 3612/09/2012

Sounds like a quote right out of a LA valley teenaged girls diary entry. No wonder Disney loves Swift. Unfortunately the mind numbing garbage music Taylor subjects this teen prose too, is vomit inducing. Taylor should take a page out of Lady Gaga or Katy Perrys play book and hire a DJ to salvage her songs. The DJs just sample loops from Youtube and add them to a stock factory dance beats, but even that would be an improvement.

(Popular music is DEAD!. I blame American Idol)

by Anonymousreply 3712/09/2012

[quote]And I said, Stay, stay, stay. I've been lovin' you for quite some time, time, time. You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad. But I think that it's best if we both stay.

She should be the United States Poet Laureate.

by Anonymousreply 3812/09/2012

Is her dad a freakin' Wall Street Billionaire or something. How does CRAP LIKE THIS ever get signed??????

by Anonymousreply 3912/09/2012

I don't see Taylor Swift as being anymore guilty than your average pop star.

She was once an interesting phenomenon in country music--she wrote her own songs and had a bona fide grass roots connection to her fan base.

by Anonymousreply 4012/09/2012

Your average Pop stars does not avoid speaking about AIDS charities. Taylor Swift has that "Republican Specialness" Lady Gaga and Madonna don't have.

by Anonymousreply 4112/09/2012

She is no more guilty than a hand puppet is guilty of saying something radical.

by Anonymousreply 4212/09/2012

[quote]LOL...this thread was started over 2 years ago, yet it remains as timely as ever. Go figure.

They've hit on a marketing formula and they aren't going to change it now.

by Anonymousreply 4312/09/2012

Taylor Swift announced on her Blog today, she loves Puppies and Chocolate and was going to write a song about the depth of this love for her next album.

by Anonymousreply 4412/09/2012

Update to R44's post:

Chocolate broke up with Taylor, so she's thrown herself into writing a new song called "Death by Chocolate".

by Anonymousreply 4512/09/2012

Jake Gyllenhaal apparently "broke up" with Taylor (as did Johnny Weir and Rufus Wainwright) so where are her Jake, Johnny and Rufus songs?

by Anonymousreply 4612/09/2012

Some of you are very agitated, outraged, and agitated over something you have never really heard, have not listened to in any extensive or attentive way, and about music you know nothing about.

Taylor often gets standing ovations at awards shows for her creative and well done presentations of her songs.

At the most recent country awards show a few weeks ago, she got a standing ovation for her song about a Paris cafe.

by Anonymousreply 4712/09/2012

It was outrageously agitatating being forced to listen to her awful songs during the endless moonscape minivan drive from DIA to Arvada, Co., with my sister and her daughters.

by Anonymousreply 4812/09/2012

Forive me. Agitating.

by Anonymousreply 4912/09/2012

Taylor Swift would get a standing ovation for picking her nose on a stage, from her adoring crowd of white 14-17 year old girls.

They are very easily impressed (manipulated).

by Anonymousreply 5012/09/2012

R50, are you cognitively challenged? Taylor Swift gets standing ovations when she performs at country awards shows where the audience is primarily adult country music stars in their 20's thru 60's - and many country music business executives.

by Anonymousreply 5112/09/2012

I predict 89.

by Anonymousreply 5212/09/2012

The Country Music awards is sort of like a KKK gun meeting in a big expensive ballroom, so yeah.... the white, heterosexual, non AIDS Charity supporting, Autotuned, Ghost written American teenager who supports the Republican party......always gets a standing ovation, particularly when there is a Black Democrat who thinks gays deserve full equality, in the White House.

Talk about a scary crowd, nobody else on the entire planet would ever even want to be in the same room with!

by Anonymousreply 5312/11/2012

Country Music has become so radically right wing and American in the last 10 years.

Shania Twain used to dominate in the 90s, but not today. A Liberal minded foreigner like Shania Twain, would never get radio play in Nashville these days.

by Anonymousreply 5412/11/2012

Trolldarring Taylor's PR rep on this thread is most amusing.

by Anonymousreply 5512/23/2012

Pretty? Since when? Her lip curls up and her eyebrows are horrible. She has tard face.

by Anonymousreply 5612/23/2012

Since when is Taylor Swift right-wing? She literally couldn't be any more WASP-y. She has spoken out for LGBT rights, is friends with the Kennedys, calls Michelle Obama a role model and told Rolling Stone she voted for Obama in '08.

She doesn't shout about her political views because she knows she wouldn't sell out Cowboys Stadium every tour without her right-wing base.

by Anonymousreply 5712/23/2012

Pretty, really? I always considered her as retarded.

by Anonymousreply 5812/23/2012

Boob job?

by Anonymousreply 5907/29/2013

Why is she on the Victoria's Secret fashion show?

by Anonymousreply 6012/10/2013

This 'singer' owes her career to Kanye West's stunt at that MTV awards show.

She was barely a blip on the music scene until Kanye pulled that mic away from her. The same goes for Rhianna, her beating from Chris Brown made her a household name. After the beating Rhianna was all over the media, if the paparazzi could get pic of Rhianna taking a shit, that would be in the press too!

I yearn for a world where actual talent garners a performer media attention, not their silly antics or love life bullshit, you don't hear any of that shit when you listen to a musician's music.

I sound like my father, but it's true!

by Anonymousreply 6112/10/2013

I can't stand Taylor but she does write her songs, and pretty good ones melodically. I don't like pop stars who can't sing and Taylor is tied with Katy Perry as the worst singer.

Rihanna has more going on. She has been packaged and presented. But she gets better all the time. She is not for little girls. There is some soul and break and beat and dance in her sound. I think Rihanna will be selling music long after Swift and Katy. None of them can sing well, but Rihanna gets better and can perform and emote. She has a lot more to show. Swift will go on to record and write for others.

Miley is going to top them all for a few years. She can sing better than the others and knows what she wants to say. She has good musical instincts. She will surpass Gaga, again next time. Miley is not original, but Sinead crossed with Benatar mixed with some Minaj is not a bad sound. Time for a rock chick, even a diluted one to take centre stage.

Rihanna is the only one who will be relevant in 10 years. Mary J Blige is one of the greats and she has been known to miss a semi-tone. Passion and soul count. Rihanna has it.

by Anonymousreply 6212/11/2013

She got a cute short haircut.

by Anonymousreply 6302/14/2014

She's well known for dating suspected homosexuals like Taylor Lautner and Jake Gyllenhaal in what seem to be contrived publicity-conscious arrangements. Is there any clear indication that she herself isn't gay? Has she been in an apparently serious relationship with a definitely heterosexual man?

by Anonymousreply 6402/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!