Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did anyone watch The Real L Word?

What a boring, crappy show. I watched and disliked it. I don't know if any of the couples will make it. Stamie is annoying. She shouldn't have said she was ready for Tracy's mom to go home. How can that relationship work? 3 kids! Tracy is cute but dumb. Whitney looks like she stinks. She got what she deserved when Romy and Sara hooked up. Rose needs to be single. Nikki and Jill were boring. I can't see another season of this drivel.

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2010

You think there is going to be another season?

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2010

I don't see another season. Showtime put a shitload of promo dollars into this thing and the ratings just weren't there. I don't know anyone who watched it. The first episode was boring enough for me not to want to watch anymore, but I was interested by the Dinah shore episode. Figures the only interesting episode would be the season finale.

The couple who's whole storyline was planning some ridiculous wedding was so fucking boring, as was the fat Latina who thought she was hot shit. Whitney looks stinky. Mikey is a demon bitch from hell.

I think they really screwed the pooch on the casting here. These people are barely interesting and certainly not likable at all. I wouldn't want to know any of these people in real life, let alone watch a "reality" show about them.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2010

Rose has a horrible attitude. I don't see why all these shows are about LA women. They're not interesting. I didn't like Mikey in the first episode but she wasn't as bad the rest of the season. Whitney was awful. I got sick of her playing dumb act. I don't know what any of those women saw in her ugly smelly behind.

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2010

I don't think Showtime will give it another season.

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2010

Maybe it would be better in a different city.

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2010

It made lesbians look just as scummy as the people on the Real World. Jill, Nikki and Tracy were the exceptions but it's always the ones who behave poorly that sticks in the minds of those who watch.

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2010

Here you go, OP

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2010

Well, I liked the theme song, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 908/21/2010

OP are you the same "I hate women" asshole who has started all the other threads?

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2010

Chaiken doesn't need to do anymore shows. Nikki and Jill were beyond boring. Rose should be alone.

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2010

Let this please be the end of Illen fucking Chaiken. Can she please crawl back into whatever hole she crawled out of. I really have no interest in seeing any lesbian "reality show" from any city!

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2010

No. I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2010

I agree r12.

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2010

I didn't watch any of it, but I believe there is some infamous sex scene featuring sex toys.

I also agree r12. Chaiken is just terrible, and all this conceited bullshit about being the "creator" of the L Word is annoying (mostly because she wasn't the creator).

Did Chaiken make an appearance on the Real L Word? I'd be surprised if she managed to stay off screen, or not pop up in the end credits pushing merchandise.

Her next project should be retirement. (Although I wouldn't say no to an L Word movie, but it looks like that's a dead duck).

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2010

Chaiken needs to retire from the business. She made the lesbians look bad.

by Anonymousreply 1608/22/2010

It didn't help that the entire cast was boring.

by Anonymousreply 1708/23/2010

Yes, but they all had really, really nice cars.

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2010

Let's just hope that some other lesbian writer comes along and create a real show that lesbians can watch without all of pretentious bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2010

It did manage to get three seasons. I wasn't surprised that Romi came out as a bisexual. She's an opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 2010/28/2012

We still not know that there will be another season of the show. I would not be surprised if Showtime decides not to renew it for the fourth season.

by Anonymousreply 2101/06/2013

As we all know that the show has been cancelled. Showtime wants to do a documentary on lesbians who don't live in L.A. or NY.

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!