Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

He''s losing his hair and I don''t think I can deal with it.

I don't have a blog and this post is just to clear my conscience since I can't tell anyone else and DL is anonymous.

It started about a year and half ago. He started developing a receding hairline and the crown started to go. Now you can see scalp and the forehead is glaring at me. He tried Propecia, but it lowered his sex drive and made his cum watery, so he stopped. Rogaine has not helped at all and just made him moody.

He's 28 and I don't think this is supposed to be something we're dealing with at this point. If he were black, I'd have him shave his head and I'd be happy to date the hot, sexy bald guy, but he's Irish and Italian and bald doesn't work. He's frustrated and has just given up. I'm at the point, where I just want to walk. The problem is we've been together for almost 2 years and we work together, all of our friends are mutual, etc.

I'm developing an escape plan, but its going to take at least 3 months to implement, which perfectly coincides with the time of lease renewal. My goal is to walk away from this cleanly and not as the villain.

I don't want to hurt him, but I'm too young to be dating someone with hair issues. Other's have started to comment on it and I just want out.

I want him to be happy. He has a good body, but all I can think about is the hair loss.

by Anonymousreply 13709/30/2013

You are a turdblossom. Send him my way.

by Anonymousreply 908/15/2010

You are stupid that you cant deal with his hair loss, he is not a killer or cheater, i hope he kicks you out.

by Anonymousreply 1008/15/2010

My first serious boyfriend was 29 and totally bald. I generally don't find bald guys attractive and never would have imagined dating him. But we were friends and then slowly a relationship developed. It was the best relationship I've ever been in. So I really can't imagine being with someone for 2 years and then suddenly bolting because he was losing his hair. OP sounds like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1108/15/2010

I believe this and I don't hate the OP. The only thing that sucks is the dishonesty. Be honest with him, OP. If you can't, then yes, you are a terrible person. But if you *can* be honest, then you can leave the relationship with your head held high.

by Anonymousreply 1208/15/2010

As a rule most trolls are hairy.

by Anonymousreply 1408/15/2010

If this is a troll post, it's pathetic. And if it's true, it's even MORE pathetic. Either way, OP, you are a fucking idiot. Piss off.

by Anonymousreply 1608/15/2010

Listen, I'm just sharing something that is on my mind. Yes, its shallow, but I don't want to deal with it. The name-calling is unwarranted and unnecessary. I'm 26, I would prefer to date a guy with a full head of hair, unless its a sexy, bald black guy. I didn't sign up for a balding 28 year old. Forgive me for being normal.

by Anonymousreply 1708/15/2010

You've got a lot to learn, OP, and it looks like that won't come until your looks start to go. You're fucking spoiled brat and you're in for a lot of heartache if you don't wake the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 1808/15/2010

Karma OP, it's gonna creep up and bite you in your ass. You better hope you don't develop a major illness because you will have NO ONE to comfort and take care of you. Best of luck to ya!

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2010

lots of baldies on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 2208/15/2010

We don't want you.

by Anonymousreply 2308/15/2010

I think women are more likely to date and accept balding guys, and fat guys, and unattractive guys. I mean look at the pool they have to draw from.

by Anonymousreply 2508/15/2010

At least do him the favor of telling him the reason you're dumping him so he doesn't waste too much energy feeling bad about losing a shallow fool like you.

by Anonymousreply 2608/15/2010

Has he tried Minoxidil?

by Anonymousreply 2708/15/2010

What an ignorant, childish, twat you are OP. If you're this upset over someone else losing some hair as he ages then I can just imagine what you'll be like once yours starts to thin out (AND IT WILL BABE!).

If you boyfriend has any sense he'll put you on the street post haste and forget you ever existed.

by Anonymousreply 2808/15/2010

R28, a lot of people go through life with a full head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 2908/15/2010

But NOBODY'S waist size stays the same.

by Anonymousreply 3008/15/2010

"a lot of people go through life with a full head of hair."

Many do, but you really would have to put "full head of hair" at the top of your essential qualities in a partner list and then drop people as they age, because most men do not retain all their hair over time. The breakdown is something like: about 20% of men by age 20 start going bald, 30% by age 30, 60% by age 60, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3108/15/2010

When I met my partner, he was 38 years old and 50% bald, and still the hottest man in the room.

I am so lucky that I'm not shallow like the OP, or I would have missed out on the best 6 years of my life.

by Anonymousreply 3208/15/2010

I have to agree with others: this is a pretty darned good EST for the doldrums of August. Again, well done.

by Anonymousreply 3308/15/2010

I wish my hair would thin!

by Anonymousreply 3408/15/2010

So, he's going bald.

My partner has put up with my balding, my left-handedness, my size 12AA flat feet, and a host of other things. Thank goodness he hasn't loved me for 31 years for my hair.

by Anonymousreply 3508/15/2010

Truly the quality of your passion makes Dante, Abelard and Othello look like Paris Hiltons.

I commiserate with you in the undsoundable depths of your suffering.

by Anonymousreply 3608/15/2010

Guys who lose their hair become hairy in other parts of their body, sort of a trade off. Reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 3708/15/2010

Ooh, so close, OP. Your followup at R17 where you repeated the bit about bald black guys made it too obvious you wanted to turn this into a race thing, too.

by Anonymousreply 3808/15/2010

[quote]So, he's going bald.My partner has put up with my balding, my left-handedness, my size 12AA flat feet, and a host of other things. Thank goodness he hasn't loved me for 31 years for my hair.

Left-handedness? Now there's a deal breaker!

by Anonymousreply 3908/15/2010

Look at this from the perspective of the balding bf. Why would he even want to stay tied to someone who finds baldness repulsive? Wouldn't he be better off with someone who has a baldness fetish? OP's decision to bolt benefits both of them. Sometimes things change in a relationship and the best answer becomes ending it.

by Anonymousreply 4008/15/2010

Another vote for hoping he dumps your sorry shallow ass, OP.

he may be balding, but you're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4108/15/2010

[quote][R28], a lot of people go through life with a full head of hair.

So true.

We're the lucky ones, we guess.

by Anonymousreply 4208/15/2010

I'm waiting to meet my bf at our favorite sushi restaurant to celebrate our 19th anniversary. I sure am glad he isn't OP or I would have been dumped 17 years back when I was 28 and starting to go bald.

by Anonymousreply 4308/15/2010

Bald men are ugly and not at all hot.

by Anonymousreply 4408/15/2010

OP, look at the bright side: at least he's not asian.

by Anonymousreply 4508/15/2010

So, you are all nasty, old and about overweight?

by Anonymousreply 4608/15/2010

How is this any different from a guy who leaves his wife for getting fat?

by Anonymousreply 4708/15/2010

If OP can't deal with hair loss, imagine if his bf had a serious illness or was in an devastating accident?! He'd be lurking out in the dead of night. I'm going to tell OP a little story. I worked with an incredibly vain woman, she was stunning. Everyone looked at her, men and woman. She looked a lot like Charlize Theron, she had a gorgeous face, a beautiful figure. She was incredibly insecure, always obsessed with her looks. She would hop from man to man, because they were never up to her physical ideal of what she thought she deserved. Sound familiar, OP? Cut to her getting into a horrific car crash about 6 years ago, her stunning face was badly mangled, as well as her two legs which were nearly crushed downwards. Let's just say, she's not the great beauty she once was. Both legs have titanium rods, she now walks with a limp. OP needs a huge dose of reality.

by Anonymousreply 4808/15/2010

R41, eating is more controllable than hair loss, but it's still creepy shit.

by Anonymousreply 4908/15/2010

YAWN to your made up story, bald fatty R48!

by Anonymousreply 5008/15/2010

"YAWN to your made up story, bald fatty [R48]!"

Don't be an ass, it's not a made up story and my hair is as lush as Robert Plant's used to be. My mom, in her 70s, has thick gorgeous hair, so does my father, lucky me!

I worked with the vain woman for many years. She's lucky to be alive. The crash was horrific. She was close friends with a famous basketball player's wife, who had her transferred to a top Manhattan hospital a day after the crash. The basketball player's wife also got a top orthopedic surgeon to do the surgery.

There's so much bullshit on DL, people here now feel everything posted is a lie or exaggerated.

Face it, OP, if real and not an EST, is a completely shallow ass!

We are all going to get old and possibly lose our hair, if he can't deal with that, it doesn't seem as if he can deal with an actual serious situation.

by Anonymousreply 5108/15/2010

My cunt is hairy like sasquatch!

by Anonymousreply 5208/15/2010

Buy him a wig. Raquel Welch makes some really fabulous ones

by Anonymousreply 5308/15/2010

dump him OP.%0D %0D But just so you know, in about 10 years you'll look back and realize what an ass you were.

by Anonymousreply 5408/16/2010

I feel for you, OP. I have the same revulsion for balding, but I'm a lot older than you. The dating pool is mostly bald, overweight and boorish. I would rather be alone, and I don't care who thinks I'm shallow. We all have things we like or dislike physically. I wish I didn't have this thing about hair. I am not perfect, but I need a man with hair and I'm in my forties. OP is much too young to deal with baldies if he doesn't want to. Leave, but be honest.

by Anonymousreply 5508/16/2010

R55 = Karl Lagerfeld

by Anonymousreply 5608/16/2010

R55 scares me. How shallow can you be...

by Anonymousreply 5708/16/2010

OP you forgot to mention in your tired little tale of woe what a thick slab of hot meat he has and you are torn!

by Anonymousreply 5808/16/2010

Sorry to offend. I am just being honest. I would place money on the fact that there is something that each of you who criticize find physically repulsive or unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 5908/16/2010

How shallow a person can you be that you would dump someone that you supposedly care for and love just because he is getting bald? You are an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6008/16/2010

OP, tell him the truth. That way he'll realise what a shallow prick you are and won't be hurt at all when you dump him. In fact, he'll probably pack your bags for you. %0D %0D Unbelievable that hideous assholes like you can even get a partner.

by Anonymousreply 6108/16/2010

[quote]Forgive me for being normal.

Um, normal people in a long-term relationship don't dump someone over something as trivial as hair loss. By this point you should be long past the "lust" phase of your relationship and be with him for the non-superficial reasons: love, trust, mutual interests, conversational ability, both of you getting along with each others' friends and families, etc. But no, apparently a balding bf is a dick-wilter, regardless of what else he brings to the table.

But yes, OP: if you're going to break up with someone over something as superficial as a balding crown, your bf is clearly MUCH better off without you, so dump his ass ASAP. Just remember this breakup when karma bites you on the ass and you start to show signs of aging (hair loss, saggy facial hair, cellulite, probable weight gain, etc,).

by Anonymousreply 6308/16/2010

If, after two years together, your boyfriend's hair loss is enough to break you up, ... I can't even really criticize you, because your boyfriend must be as shallow and idiotic as you are to have put up with you this long.

by Anonymousreply 6408/16/2010

r62, usually if someone has side effects on Propecia, those will be completely magnified with Avodart. %0D %0D Although, I'm interested in your experience. Did you start Avodart right out of the gate or switch from Propecia? How are the results as far as regrowth?

by Anonymousreply 6508/16/2010

Irish-Italian and bald? Sounds way hot.

by Anonymousreply 6608/16/2010

This has to be a joke. If not, then leave, you asshole. He'll be infinitely better off without you.

by Anonymousreply 6708/16/2010

[quote]By this point you should be long past the "lust" phase of your relationship...

I feel sorry for you. You should always be in lust with your boyfriend. When the lust is gone, so has the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6808/16/2010

R65 I switched from Propecia to Avodart about 9 months ago, after several years of finasteride.

It's hard to say if there was additional regrowth after the switch--I started Propecia before it was really noticeable. My hair stylist dropped a hint that when wet my hair was looking thinner in the front. I decided it was better to be proactive.

by Anonymousreply 6908/16/2010

R62, there are two forms of DHT? Do tell.

Have you tried Spironolactone? It started as a prostate diuretic, then it was discovered Spiro helped hair loss. It's now even prescribed for female hair loss.

Are you using the prescription 2% Ketoconazole or the store brand version Nizoral 1%?

I'm curious about all this hair loss stuff, my sister is a derm's assistant, she told me the derm has suddenly been seeing any equal amount of men and women losing their hair. There seems to be a sudden epidemic with women losing their hair. I guess we don't see it as much, due to all the supplemental hair options out there for women.

My sister told me, it's not just older women, it's both women and men of younger ages suddenly losing their hair. IMHO, it seems all the current hair loss might be environmental. Plastic bottles leeching out chemicals, all the hormones in foods etc. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 7008/16/2010

[quote][R28], a lot of people go through life with a full head of hair.

No. They are a tiny minority in men.

Virtually every man that you see on TV or in films over the age of 35 (and usually 30) who has a full head of hair either is wearing a toupee, a piece, a full wig, implants, or some combination of the aforementioned.

by Anonymousreply 7108/16/2010

This, is a parody.

by Anonymousreply 7208/16/2010

"Forgive me for being normal."

I forgive you. And I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 7308/16/2010

OP, I hope you are going to take a little something extra out of the bank accounts to compensate you for being introduced as the BF of a baldy.%0D %0D People probably think you couldn't do any better. Because you will have a loser stench hanging around you, it will probably take longer to find a suitable boyfriend.%0D %0D Good luck OP, I know how difficult it is to end an unsuitable relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7408/16/2010

Not bad, as trolls go.

I'll just state for the record: I'm hot, bald, and beloved.

by Anonymousreply 7508/16/2010

r65, now it begs the question - did you make the switch as a precautionary measure, or did you suspect the Propecia was not working anymore? And do you take the standard .5 mg a day? What's interesting is that I have read accounts of Avodart actually destroying the hairline, which is why I'm curious. %0D %0D r70, yes there are. I'm not sure of the exact details. There are studies demonstrating Propecia blocking a lower percentage and Avodart blocking close to 90%, I believe. As for Spiro, I have heard many stories of side effects like gyno with topical use.%0D %0D I'm actually surprised there aren't more threads about hair loss and treatments on this board.

by Anonymousreply 7608/16/2010

There are things a man can do if he does not want to be a baldy. Hair transplants look pretty natural if they are done correctly. Propecia is good if it is taken when balding first starts to occur.

Why do baldies get so pissed off when it is mentioned? It's okay to talk shit about fat people, old people, ugly people, stupid people ... criticize EVERYTHING about women ... but you mention the almighty hairline and it goes right in the same sensitive category is talking trash about their dick. Whatever. Some people like men with a full head of hair. Deal with it. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 7708/16/2010

Does he have pointy ears, OP? I'd understand if he had pointy ears.

-or a pointy head - although Clive Barker did say pointy ears distract you from a pointy head...

by Anonymousreply 7808/16/2010

R76, there were a few hair loss threads here, with lots of good info, until the trolls started posted nonsense.

My sister also told me, men rarely have scalp pain with hair loss, compared to the high percentage of women who have pain and even get Seb Derm with hair loss. Women who never even had dandruff, suddenly start having scalp problems when they experience hair loss.

Hair loss is definitely an area which needs more money for research. Did you hear that Bill Gates thinks giving money to hair loss research is frivolous and not all that important?

by Anonymousreply 7908/16/2010

{quote}You should always be in lust with your boyfriend. When the lust is gone, so has the relationship.

You're as cunty and shallow as the OP.

by Anonymousreply 8008/16/2010

Gee, OP, what would you have done when he was 65, out of shape and impotent?

Get this straight: you are being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8108/16/2010

Wouldn't it be funny if were to turn out: [italic]boyfriend[/italic] is the one who is more eager to dump OP?

by Anonymousreply 8208/16/2010

OP, do him a favor and end it right away. He deserves someone who's worth a shit.

by Anonymousreply 8308/16/2010

I love how all of you are ragging on me. I'm just being honest. He's 28 and losing his hair. If he were 38, it would be one thing, but he's twenty fucking eight. That is way too young to be dealing with hair loss and I'm way to young to have to deal with a boyfriend with a receding hairline and a balding crown.

I've been on DL for about a year and a half and have read some of the most shallow shit in the history of shallow. We have cut queens, uncut queens, hair queens, shaved queens and everything in between.

But, me, I come and share something personal and difficult for me to deal with and I'm treated like the town fuckhole?

I really don't want to hear from any of you on this and am sorry I posted this. From hear on out, please avoid this thread and let it die and peaceful death.

by Anonymousreply 8408/16/2010

r79, True, I've never heard of scalp pain associated with Male Pattern Baldness, but "scalp itch" is a huge complaint. I wish someone would start a thread. There is a lot of useful information out there.

by Anonymousreply 8508/16/2010

So what are you going to do OP?

by Anonymousreply 8608/16/2010

[quote]I come and share something personal and difficult for me to deal with and I'm treated like the town fuckhole?

Most people get what they deserve, and that starts with you.

[quote]I really don't want to hear from any of you on this and am sorry I posted this. From hear on out, please avoid this thread and let it die and peaceful death.

From "hear on out," huh? Oh yeah, that ought to stop the comments!

by Anonymousreply 8708/16/2010

Op, this thread should die when you die you selfish cunt. I hope your b/f drops you before you get the opportunity to follow through on your 3 month exit plan.

by Anonymousreply 8808/16/2010

[quote]I can't even really criticize you, because your boyfriend must be as shallow and idiotic as you are to have put up with you this long.

Good point. The OP's shallowness can't possibly be this sudden.

by Anonymousreply 8908/16/2010

Fuck off, OP - you don't deserve to be in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 9008/16/2010

OP, are you serious saying 28 is too young for hair loss? There are TEENS who are dealing with this issue. Males are getting first signs of MPB earlier and earlier.

by Anonymousreply 9108/16/2010

OP, if you've been posting on DL for as long as you claim, you'd know better than to tell us to let a thread die.

by Anonymousreply 9208/16/2010

Once one has had the pleasure of getting one's mister kitty bam-slammed by a baldie who instantly becomes one's "Best. Top. EVER." that tends to change one's point of view.

OP's loss!

by Anonymousreply 9308/17/2010

Is anyone else on Avodart besides that one poster? Stories, please!

by Anonymousreply 9408/17/2010

OP, if I knew the poor guy, I'd forward him a link to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9508/17/2010

OP=town fuckhole

by Anonymousreply 9608/17/2010

R70 and R76 I maybe didn't do such a great job of explaining. The Wikipedia article linked below does a pretty good job of explaining how dutasteride works. It's two variations of the enzyme that turn testosterone into DHT that it blocks, not two forms of DHT per se.

I can only speak from my own experience about dutasteride/Avodart. It has not had any adverse effects on my hairline. I'm not certain I can see a definite difference between Avodart and Propecia but subjectively I feel it may be somewhat thicker in the front-top part.

Regarding sprionolactone, it has general anti-androgenic activity so I can see where it would be appropriate in women with hair loss due to high male hormone levels. I wouldn't recommend this in men for the reason previously mentioned: gynecomastia (and other nasty side effects).

by Anonymousreply 9708/17/2010

r97, don't think you answered - do you take .5 mg daily or only a couple times a week?

by Anonymousreply 9808/17/2010

You might get away with less often as I think it lasts longer in the body than finasteride.

by Anonymousreply 9908/17/2010

Everyone telling OP to be honest with the bf is delusional. There is no way OP will admit to something this shallow, especially since all their friends are mutual. He will become a piriah. Not to mention brutal honesty is often hurtful. Why do it? What purpose does it serve to tell someone you want to dump them for something they have no control over?%0D %0D OP, tell him you want to date others and you don't feel ready to settle down. You're still young, so that sounds believable (and less hurtful). Since, presumably, you will remain friends, sharing other friends, you can keep tabs on him easily. You can watch from the sidelines as he dates others and eventually falls madly in love with his soulmate---the one who is truly worthy of him. Then you can live the rest of your life with regret.

by Anonymousreply 10008/19/2010

Agreeded with R77, if you can dish it then take it. Bald is gross the same as fat, ugly and short.

by Anonymousreply 10108/19/2010

R100 Piriah? Really?

by Anonymousreply 10208/19/2010

Miss, with all due respect, I have problems of my own.

by Anonymousreply 10308/24/2010

You are an asshole, OP. Bald men can be very, very hot. And I don't get "He's Irish and Italian and bald doesn't work". You're apparently a moron, too.%0D %0D Most gay men I know don't have a problem with baldness, as long as the guy is hot and fit. It's totally a female obsession.

by Anonymousreply 10408/24/2010

[quote] It's okay to talk shit about fat people, old people, ugly people, stupid people ... criticize EVERYTHING about women ... %0D %0D Uhhhhh...that's you, doll. That's ALL you.%0D %0D Your bitterness and hate are not universal. We are not all as shallow and ugly (on the inside, of course) as you. Stop projecting your own considerable prejudices and meanness onto everyone else here. There are plenty of us that see the fat-hate, agism, misogyny, racism, and shallow "lookism" as all part of the same ugly, assholish continuum. You're right smack in the thick of it, but don't assume the rest of us are douchebags like you.

by Anonymousreply 10508/24/2010

Bald men are repulsive. They should not be allowed to walk around in daylight. In fact, I cannot stand to see a baldy when I'm trying to eat or drink because they make me physically sick. In this day and age of surgery and cures there's no excuse for looking slovenly. Baldies are gross.

by Anonymousreply 10608/24/2010

you re a superficial cunt, op. He's better off without you. Leave NOW!

by Anonymousreply 10708/24/2010

*hugs* & high-five for r75

by Anonymousreply 10808/24/2010

R76 This article explains why some people experience hair loss initially with dutasteride.

by Anonymousreply 10909/18/2010

I hope you do leave him soon. No one deserves a miserable shit like you

by Anonymousreply 11112/24/2012

Here's the thing...your BF can buy hair and look fabulous but you will always be a shallow, worthless twat. There's absolutely nothing you can do about THAT.

by Anonymousreply 11212/24/2012

Shallow? Yes. Normal? No.

by Anonymousreply 11312/24/2012

Wow. Someone called it early on: this thread will never die.

It's nice to have a lovely head of hair. It's also the last thing I care about in an attractive man. I would much rather be with a hot, in-shape, well-groomed balding man than one with great hair who was lacking in these other areas.

Actors and performers have to care about this shit, but the rest of us don't.

by Anonymousreply 11412/24/2012

I've got a great head of hair, but I could work out more and I'm developing "puppet mouth." Everyone's got something they obsess about. EVERYone.

by Anonymousreply 11512/24/2012

Really, R110? Two years????

by Anonymousreply 11612/24/2012

In my next life, I hope to hell I don't come back as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 11712/24/2012

So, after two years, what happened with shallow fuck OP?

by Anonymousreply 11812/24/2012

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 11912/24/2012

Maenwhile ... I have an intense fetish for guys with male pattern baldness. A guy's under 40 with a bare scalp and I spring a boner (I do that with older guys, too, actually).

Good times!

by Anonymousreply 12012/24/2012

The thing about balding guys is they work out. They always have these perfect little bodies.

by Anonymousreply 12112/24/2012

I think tall, lean white guys can pull off the bald look too.

by Anonymousreply 12212/24/2012

Sounds like your just not attracted to him anymore.

I had a boyfriend and he gain, about 100 pounds. I told him "Fuck off fattie" and I found someone else.

You're not helping people any by encouraging self destructive behavior and life's too short for you to waste your good years hoping some fat ass will lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 12312/24/2012

Wow, 2 and 1/2 years this reappears. Rereading it, I'd forgotten I'd posted here.

FWIW, I'm still using Avodart and ketoconazole shampoo, still have a full head of hair.

I recently got it cut after having let it grow out for several months. Partly from being busy, partly from curiosity.

I looked like I was in the latest revival of Hair. Staring at it in the mirror one day, I realized how Kutcher-ish (I.e. douchey) I looked and immediately made an appointment to get it cut.

by Anonymousreply 12412/24/2012

While I think its shallow for OP to actually end his relationship over this, I do think hair is one of the most important elements of attractiveness in men and women. It makes a HUGE difference, and can change an attractive person into unattractive and vice versa just based on the hair. I can't exactly explain why it has such an important impact but it definitely does. While there are some men who can pull off the bald or shaven look and still be attractive it is only a certain type of looking man, and they are the minority.

by Anonymousreply 12512/24/2012

As someone who has had hair loss issues since the age of 19, I agree with the OP. It is unsightly and I don't blame her for not wanting anything to do with it. If I could just walk away from hair loss issues, I would too!

That said, the OP also needs to remember that society will judge her. The only way to leave the relationship with her head held high in our society would be to lie. In other words, any sense of dignity would be a sham.

The only way the OP can get out of this is by admitting that they are shallow. The trouble is, down the line, her looks will go, just like mine have. Difference is I found a partner who didn't care about looks so I won't die alone. Can't say the same for her.

by Anonymousreply 12603/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 12703/11/2013

Glad I don't know he OP, totally shallow and insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 12803/11/2013

This is a joke right? If its not and that is his only fault, believe me in about 5 years you are going to have something petty wrong with you and another man is going to look at you with disgust. You cannot be that lame, as far as people commenting on it and it embarrasing you,if it didnt bother him he wouldnt be spending all this money trying to get it back. Karma has a way of coming around so be ready!!!

by Anonymousreply 12903/11/2013

"I'm not just the president, I'm also a client."

by Anonymousreply 13003/11/2013

Please leave him. He will soon learn you never deserved him. Matter of fact the sooner you do so, the sooner he can recover from the energy depleted with you, in turn developing him into a stronger more enlightened person. Assuming he fully recovers and is not affected by too many other struggles, he will use this new knowledge and find real happiness, unspoiled by shallow insecurity, with another individual.

You on the other hand have a road of empty fulfillments to tend to, so I suggest you get started on making yourself feel better with your shallow ideas and false self images.

Before you do so, work on your cowardly approaches to releasing your inner guilt. Your pathetic "escape route," bit screams selfish bitch at the top of it's lungs.

Good luck

20 Male

by Anonymousreply 13107/08/2013

This is the most common reason of couples breaking up. The girls just blame it into something else.

by Anonymousreply 13209/30/2013

sounds like real and true "love." No name calling here but he deserves better than to have someone in his life that's so surface.

by Anonymousreply 13309/30/2013

This is an excuse for OP to leave his BF,and a flimsy one at that. Its the only reason to pick the shallowest of excuses to leave someone.

by Anonymousreply 13409/30/2013

Oh yeah, this thread. I'm bald and now happily married since the time OP first posted. Word of advice, identify your 5 most important qualities in a mate and stick to them, let the rest go. And while you're at it, identify the 5 things you bring to a mate. Otherwise stay single, do the world a favor. I'm bald... so what? My spouse has a small penis.. so what? He's sexy, makes me laugh, makes me think, and he's fucking ADORABLE.

by Anonymousreply 13509/30/2013

For me, it's the old man's eye. Perfectly lovely old man, but that eye.

by Anonymousreply 13609/30/2013

I dont' find bald men sexy. At least the vast majority of them. And straight bald men are repulsive. They all look like they have skidmarks in their underwear. That being said, no one can help their genetics. And thank goodness there is a cup for every saucer. Someone has to date the baldies.

by Anonymousreply 13709/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!