Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can you believe that moron Angus T. Jones kid from "Two and a Half Men" makes $250,000 ...

A WEEK!

What the FUCK? For the longest time, I thought he was retarded, for God's sake?

by Anonymousreply 8811/28/2012

Clearly he's worth his weight....%0D %0D Oh never mind. Sometimes it's just too easy.

by Anonymousreply 108/12/2010

That has to be one of the worst shows on televison. Who the hell watches it?

by Anonymousreply 208/12/2010

Another sign of the country we currently live in. People are either insanely overpaid or barely scrapping by.

by Anonymousreply 308/12/2010

Stop hating OP. %0D %0D Isnt this show very popular in other countries?

by Anonymousreply 408/12/2010

Oh God, R3, like actors in popular TV shows weren't paid a lot (and much more than the rest of us) previously.

by Anonymousreply 508/12/2010

Who the hell watches it? Boorish straight men and the losers who love them, I guess. Too bad there are so many of them.

by Anonymousreply 608/12/2010

I hope this fat fucker is saving every dime because he will NOT be able to parlay his child star career into adult roles. He is too ugly and too fat.

by Anonymousreply 708/12/2010

Lol. Why is there so much anger towards this guy? Boorish show? Certainly. But, one among many. Did this guy do something?

by Anonymousreply 808/12/2010

I hate that kid. He's a bad actor and fugly to boot.

by Anonymousreply 908/12/2010

Yeah, what R9 said.

by Anonymousreply 1008/12/2010

Love this show ! If they get paid that much money imagine how much profits the producers make. So good for them ! I don't get why Sheen would make more than Cryer. Cryer is a far better actor. Anyways it has nothing to do with talent, it has to do with the profits a show makes. Don't tell me that Jennifer Aniston or Matt LeBlanc 'deserved' the tons of money they got then. And what about those sports stars who make trillions ?

by Anonymousreply 1108/12/2010

The kid is a natural. The show is funny as hell and vulgar and very gay friendly.%0D %0D I don't get the hate either, 11. Simple jealousy I think. No, they aren't making a quarter mil a week and neither am I. Oh, well. That's fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 1208/12/2010

Superior recent sitcoms like "30 Rock", "Frasier" and "Arrested Development" were never as popular as this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 1308/12/2010

The percentage of working actors making that kind of money is VERY small. 95 percent of working actors just scrape by.

by Anonymousreply 1408/12/2010

The show has gay stereotypes; I wouldn't call it particularly gay friendly. There's one episiode where the two brothers pretend to be a gay couple, complete with lisps and exclamations of "fabulous!"

by Anonymousreply 1608/12/2010

Holland Taylor is the only good thing about that show.

by Anonymousreply 1708/12/2010

Here's the full list of who makes how much on television:%0D %0D Sad, really....

by Anonymousreply 1808/13/2010

At least the kid is part of a megahit, even if you and I have no use for the show. What I don't get is the Alex McLoughlins of the world making $100,000 per ep, when, as leading men, they've been nothing but serial series losers.

by Anonymousreply 1908/13/2010

Frasier was more popular than this show during its run and spend most of its time in the top 15.

by Anonymousreply 2008/13/2010

I've never watched this show, only seen promos for it. And the promos are all the same; dopey, juvenile sexual innuendo. %0D %0D It would seem sex is the basic premise for this show, just like it was for the equally abominable "Three's Company."%0D %0D Who the hell would believe that gorgeous women pant after the repulsive Charlie Sheen and John Cryer? And what's so funny about an ugly, lumpish kid who makes sex jokes? %0D %0D I think the audience who watches this is the same one that watches "Family Guy."

by Anonymousreply 2108/13/2010

Actually, "Family Guy" has far more wit and cleverness than this dreck.%0D %0D Stewie Griffin is the funniest child on TV - real or animated - and light years ahead of this fat pig.

by Anonymousreply 2208/13/2010

This show makes "Friends" look funny, which is quite an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 2308/13/2010

I think that kid from Two & A Half Men is an excellent natural comedian. His dead pan delivery is hilarious at times. I think the OP is simply insanely jealous because he's tired of scraping by at $13.00 an hour.

by Anonymousreply 2408/13/2010

OP = Spencer Breslin

by Anonymousreply 2608/13/2010

[quote]Who the hell would believe that gorgeous women pant after the repulsive Charlie Sheen and John Cryer?

You can describe Charlie Sheen in many ways -- wife-beater, sex addict, drunk, probable child molester -- but "repulsive" is not one of them, at least in terms of looks.

Btw the reason the brat is getting $250K/ep and Sheen is getting $1.3M is because the show's reached the point where it can be syndicated, netting the producers and network hundreds of millions of dollars basically in perpetuity. Not that this plan always works: my local stations air "Seinfeld" and "Friends" every fucking night, but I haven't seen "Mad About You" (for which Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt got $1M/ep in the final season in anticipation of syndication riches) in years.

by Anonymousreply 2708/13/2010

its called lucky, thats when preparation meets opportunity dont hate the player, hate the game

its not our fault your white trash momma didnt move you out to El Lay to go on auditions when you were 5 yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 2808/13/2010

R28 sounds like Charlie Sheen (I'm sure he's used to telling his many whores to "suck it real good"...)

by Anonymousreply 2908/13/2010

Just before he beats them...

by Anonymousreply 3008/13/2010

The kid irritated me when he was younger, but as he's gotten older I think he's funnier on the show...and he does seem like a natural. That could be just because he's been playing the character for so many years it's easy for him to do now.

by Anonymousreply 3108/13/2010

What recently shocked me was that the hunky Will Schuster actor from Glee gets the same per episode salary as Jersey Shore's Snookie (30,000$). Now that must sting. I hope his solo CD gets him some more money in his pockets.

by Anonymousreply 3208/13/2010

[quote]I've never watched this show, only seen promos for it.

And, yet, you had one of the longest comments on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3308/13/2010

He is no Will Smith going from Fresh Prince to, well, let's just admit it, any movie Will has done is better than a bozo with a crappy haircut like Angus. Good for him on his success but I don't think he will earn ANY awards for exceptional acting any time in the future..... Who can't fart, act like a pot stoned moron and be some losers dad role. It's the easiest job in the industry...Berta is a better actor !!!!!I

by Anonymousreply 3404/15/2011

He is way too young to making that much money...totally ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 3504/15/2011

Envy is so unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 3604/15/2011

I love it when a bunch of gay men sit around and refer to a young kid who has had some great good fortune in life as "fatass". The same gay men who obviously forget that a large number of people most likely sit around behind your backs and refer to you as "that filthy faggot".

Your jealousy and envy of this kid fairly throbs in this thread and demonstrates what fucked up creatures some of you are.

And you wonder why little good ever happens to you. Karma's a bitch, ain't it jerks.

by Anonymousreply 3704/15/2011

He has a wonderful voice, he does a cover of Joni Mitchell's "River" that's rich, raspy and soulful.

by Anonymousreply 3804/15/2011

What is he suppose to say "I'll do it for less?"

by Anonymousreply 3904/15/2011

He has really great comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 4004/15/2011

He only made $250,000 for a handful of episodes. %0D %0D He had just negotiated his new contract before Charlie imploded and put the show on hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 4104/15/2011

R25

I was surprised to read that at that yahoo link posted in this thread. Kate is making a lot more than I thought she was from that show (that I thought was canceled,guess not) of hers.

by Anonymousreply 4204/15/2011

He is an actor playing a kid who is intellectully challenged. Why would you think he himself is retarded? It is called acting; he has always been funny in the part.

by Anonymousreply 4304/15/2011

I still wouldn't let a kid of mine be around the likes of Charlie Sheen for any amount of money.

by Anonymousreply 4404/15/2011

Even better that it's more than Shatner, Spade or Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 4604/15/2011

The facts that Charlie Sheen was ever viewed as a star, or that people care about his 'crazy' antics now, are highly disturbing to me. There was never anything interesting or appealing about him to begin with. Even with his recent behavior, he stills seems incredibly bland.

If people weren't media zombies, nobody would care about this crap when it was thrown at us.

by Anonymousreply 4704/15/2011

R12 = dumb, fat lesbian who wishes she had a dick.

by Anonymousreply 4804/15/2011

Actually, I was wondering why the OP cared.

If you perform in a network sitcom, you get a nice salary. If the sitcom is a hit, you can ask for more a nicer salary. If management thinks it's worth it to keep you with the show, they give you the raise.

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 4904/15/2011

I am not a fan of this show, but someone certainly is, and therefore the kid deserves to make a piece of the action. It is called "Two and a Half Men" after all, and he is the half man in the title. If Sheen makes more than a million an ep, and Cryer makes $500,000, then $250,000 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

by Anonymousreply 5004/15/2011

That was my feeling to, R50.

But even when the show started, I bet the kid was earning 30-50k an episode, so on a 22 show season, he was earning - before residuals - close to 700k a year.

As the song has it, "Nice work if you can get it."

by Anonymousreply 5104/15/2011

Actors make to much period.

by Anonymousreply 5204/15/2011

[quote]Actors make to much period.

And whatever salaries were paid to your teachers, it was too much.

by Anonymousreply 5304/15/2011

As he has gotten older he has become even more annoying. I don't think he is even acting, he is just being the moron he is in real life. Someone earlier said,he better save his money because once this show is over, so is he. He could be the most annoying, person on tv for all time. It's too bad because I like the show when he isn't on the screen. And now they are adding another annoying loser. Ashton Kutcher. Give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 5405/16/2011

It's not so much how much we think any actor is worth...it's the amount of money a show earns for the network. All the actors on this stupid 'Men' show are part of the success, so they're going to get paid as much as the market will bear.

by Anonymousreply 5505/16/2011

To be on a top televsion show as a regular and one which goes on to allow for syndication is rare for any SAG member. %0D %0D OP, do you know how rare it is to have this kind of career in Hollywood? How short any show actually lasts?%0D %0D You should not be so jealous of others, esp. a child.

by Anonymousreply 5605/16/2011

You think the world of tv is fucked up? How about this. Dan Castellaneta & Julie Kavner who do voices....not acting...just voices on the Simpson's make $400,000 an episode. Can you fucking believe that.

by Anonymousreply 5705/16/2011

[quote]dumb, fat lesbian who wishes she had a dick.%0D %0D You know what? Some of us might be fat dykes, but you will always be a skinny ass prick with a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 5805/16/2011

Why are you picking on the kid? I never thought he was retarded and he has been working for a long time and he deserves his money...i hope his parents don't get it all.%0D

by Anonymousreply 5905/16/2011

Singling out a kid on a top rated tv show only points out a lot of jealousy on here.

by Anonymousreply 6005/16/2011

WHEN will Datalounge learn that when you post links - or people's full names - that blog-owners can trace threads immediately. If you have an unusual(ish) name like "Angus T. Jones" and you are not too popular a la Brad Pitt, you have Google Alerts running everytime someone anywhere posts your name online. Then you check out the link. Then you check out the thread all about you. Then you call (the admittedly nasty) posters homophobic names like "queer little bitches".

by Anonymousreply 6302/11/2012

I stopped reading that crap @R62 right after the claim that Two and Half Men was the best TV show.

by Anonymousreply 6402/11/2012

R62 = Angus T. Jones, overpaid homophobic fat kid

by Anonymousreply 6502/11/2012

FUCK OFF HE IS SOO HOT AND CUTIE PIE

by Anonymousreply 6607/19/2012

The acting on this show is almost comedic perfection...and so is the writing. To maintain that dialogue that is based on sexual innuendo and do it with such brilliance over the years is sheer genius. Really....that's difficult to accomplish in its' venue. I'd say....well done....and the original characters are missed. Ashton K. does a fair job, considering whom he replaced and the changes that replacement wrought to the whole ambiance of 'Two and a Half Men.'

by Anonymousreply 6711/15/2012

I hate to admit this.... but Charlie made that show.

Kutchner is downright horrible and the show now sucks donkey balls.

by Anonymousreply 6811/15/2012

word on the street is that hes straight and dating, but keeping a tight lip about the details. He's been associated with charities, including an anti-bullying campaign.

by Anonymousreply 6911/15/2012

Kutcher is fine in the role. The writing is what sucks.

by Anonymousreply 7011/16/2012

"The writing is what sucks."

The new concept is what sucks, and no amount of great writing can get around it.

The idea that some fabulously wealthy billionaire buys a Malibu beachfront home and allows the previous owner's dead beat brother and loser nephew to continue to live there is beyond even sitcom belief.

And even the original concept is a stretch: A commercial jingle writer is able to afford a beachfront Malibu home and the life style of a multi millionaire? Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 7111/16/2012

I like Jake. .. Subtle sense of humor. .. Good timing and delivery. He has an appealing, all-American-boy look. .. I believe he earns his salary. I also think we'll see more of him once this gig ends.

by Anonymousreply 7211/16/2012

R2- if you never watch the show, how do you know it sucks?

by Anonymousreply 7311/16/2012

He's apparently turned into a fundie of the Kirk Cameron variety:

[bold] ‘2.5 Men’s Angus T. Jones Slams Show As “Filth”, Urges Viewers To “Stop Watching” [/bold]

Here we go again… On Two And A Half Men, Angus T. Jones‘ character was always looking up to his uncle, played by Charlie Sheen. Now Jones is emulating Sheen in real life with a tirade bashing the racy sitcom. “If you watch Two And A Half Men, please stop watching Two And A Half Men,” the religious teenager says in a testimonial for Forerunner Christian Church (see the video below). “I’m on Two And A Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth…. “If I am doing any harm, I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be contributing to the enemy’s plan,” says Jones, who has become very serious about his faith in the past several months. “You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can’t. I’m not OK with what I’m learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show.”

Jones, who earns more than $300,000 an episode, goes on to warn people about the impact of television and shows like Men. “People say it’s just entertainment,” he says. ”Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.” CBS and Warner Bros TV, which produces Men, had no comment.

During his public 2011 meltdown that led to his firing from Men, Sheen called the show “dribble” and “pukefest” among other things. After a slow start on Thursday, the veteran comedy has been solid for the last few weeks, posting a season high with its most recent original.

by Anonymousreply 7411/26/2012

^ But not too fundie to cash their checks.

by Anonymousreply 7511/26/2012

Please let Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings go fundie as well and get their shit off the air.

by Anonymousreply 7611/26/2012

I wonder if he's taking back the anti-bullying advocacy as well?

by Anonymousreply 7711/26/2012

He's a queer little bastard that doesn't know what side his bread is even buttered on! Go home to mommies titty u little shithead!

by Anonymousreply 7811/27/2012

R78 is Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 7911/27/2012

I understand tv stars bring in a great deal of capital for their networks and so it makes sense that they get a great deal of money. But $250,000 an episode is insane.

by Anonymousreply 8011/27/2012

Are you serious??

by Anonymousreply 8111/27/2012

R80, it isn't an insane $$ amount if you include a number of factors. Angus T. Jones may well never act again, whether or not he's a fundie; the shelf life for most kid actors is very short. Plus, it is useful to remember the expenses of an actor's paycheck: 15% (usually) for manager, 10% agent, 5% (usually) attorney, 5%(usually) business manager; several thousand/month for a publicist (if one employs one); all of this OFF the gross, AND about 38% income taxes off the salary, again off the gross.

And one has to hope his parents have been faithfully saving his money for him, per Cooper/Coogan laws.

But yes, it is a TON of money compared to the average person. And I'e always thought this kid was by far the weakest link on the show; don't know why they even kept around after sending character off to the Army.

by Anonymousreply 8211/27/2012

R82, in addition to the (now) $300k per episode, x22 -24 episodes per year, he ALSO receives a HUGE amount of money from syndication airing of the show.

by Anonymousreply 8311/27/2012

It's not $250,000 per episode, but $350,000 per episode. And there are usually 24 episodes, so he's getting over $8 million to play act pretending to be someone's kid. That's all it really boils down to. You go, memorize some lines and pretend to be somebody else and you get MILLIONS! How easy a job is that?

I think he's been brainwashed by that CULT.

He says he goes to that church because he "loves blacks." And in the video while talking he's got his arm around a black guy...

But the news reports Angus saying he's a virgin at 19...

by Anonymousreply 8411/27/2012

His ass ain't virgin.

by Anonymousreply 8511/27/2012

R82, thanks for the breakdown. It's amazing that the amount he's left with after paying everyone off is a very small piece of the pie indeed. Not nearly as impressive as 250,000.

by Anonymousreply 8611/27/2012

Does he get paid evan if he is not in an episode????

by Anonymousreply 8711/27/2012

Can u believe the moron who wrote this is false, its 380000+ per episode. Also its a show, in real life heks smarter then you so that makes him a good actor. Seeing as he has all your panties in a bunch cause he's a "moron" on a television show scripted by other people to make him look thatt way. Fuckin doush bag.

by Anonymousreply 8811/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.