Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Pope''s Hot Boyfriend--What''s His Name Again?

Since the Search function is still busted, I can't find the thread from a year or two ago, that names Benedict's b'friend and links to a photo of Teh Hotness. I even did a Google search for Datalounge "pope benedict," but no luck. Help, please? TIA!

by Anonymousreply 4009/10/2013

Monsignor Georg G%C3%83%C2%A4nswein

by Anonymousreply 108/10/2010

here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208/10/2010

In an interview in July 2006, he described the Pope's day: "The Pope's day begins with Mass at 7am, followed by morning prayer and a period of contemplation. Afterwards we eat breakfast together, and my day then begins with sorting through the correspondence, which arrives in considerable quantity." He said that he accompanied Benedict to morning audiences, followed by lunch together, a "short walk," and a rest, after which he "[presents] to the Pope documents which require his signature, or his study and approval."[1]

by Anonymousreply 308/10/2010

it's such a well-known fact, OP, that all i had to do was google "pope's boyfriend."

by Anonymousreply 408/10/2010

Is John Paul II gay too?

by Anonymousreply 508/10/2010

Mwah, guys--thanks! I did Google "pope's boyfriend," but should have left Datalounge out of the search string.%0D %0D Thanks again. A gay friend who left the Church was shocked when I told him about Ratzy's man. I wanted to show him the DL thread, but your replies give me what I need.

by Anonymousreply 608/10/2010

I don't think JP II was gay but he was into SM. Seriously. He had himself flagellated. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 708/10/2010

Here he is, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 808/10/2010

Fuck you r8.

by Anonymousreply 908/10/2010

His name translates as Georg Gaenswein.

by Anonymousreply 1008/10/2010

So R9, when you chose to open and read a thread titled "The Pope's Hot Boyfriend," were you expecting to find reverence?

No?

Then why did you make that choice?

by Anonymousreply 1108/10/2010

k

by Anonymousreply 1208/11/2010

Is he not known as Gorgeous George?

by Anonymousreply 1308/11/2010

Hail MARYS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1408/11/2010

Gorgeous George makes extra money doing the Shell Game with the Pope's head!

It's MIRACULOUS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1508/11/2010

Hmm that weird..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1608/11/2010

this made my day. also, Ratzburger doesn't deserve such a hottie bf, I don't care if he is the Pope, he ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1708/11/2010

I wonder historically how many popes had similar arrangements? I would say MANY if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 1808/11/2010

Most, r18. Except the ones who were exclusively into little boys. And the rare few that fucked women (or little girls).%0D %0D The idea that these men are celibate is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 1908/11/2010

r3, actually, the Pope's day begins with Fr. George, sliding back the Holy Prepuce while administering to His Holiness the rite of the Kiss of Peace.

by Anonymousreply 2008/13/2010

About Pope Paul V's boyfriend from the December 2007 newsletter 'Men Who Danced'. Image at link.

Paolo Carlini was a well-known Italian actor (especially on film); amongst his credits, he co-starred with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday. He was also the boyfriend, at one time, of the Pope (Pope Paul).

I worked with him for six months on a musical in Italy in the 1970s. I replaced someone who dropped out in the first weeks of rehearsal and on the first days rehearsal almost everyone told me, "You know the Pope's boyfriend is in this show?". It was a very open secret . In fact, one of the actresses, ***** *****, used to give Paolo a lift in her car to the Pope's apartment (if palaces can be so called), years earlier, when he was Archbishop of Milan.

After the show ended, I was working in Portugal (summer of 1975), and opened my copy of Newsweek one day to find the Fench author, Roger Peyrefitte, had exposed this affair without naming Paolo's name, but stating that it was a famous Italian movie actor, and was an open secret in certain circles. He had done this being infuriated by the statement the Pope had recently given, publicly condemning, masturbation, premarital sex and homosexuality. Which Peyrefitte obviously regarded as hypocritical of a high degree.

Paolo Carlini, was a talented and charismatic actor. The fact we found ourselves in Italy's biggest musical and well publicised flop at the time does not detract from this. He was also a gracious, friendly and charming man. I didn't know him when he met the Pope to be, but I'll take any bet he didn't wear make-up to disguise a beard! And he was far from effeminate.

Okay, I've stood on this soapbox long enough. I could only find two references to this love affair online and one of them on, as I've said, a bigoted little site, and wanted to add my own real experience's of working with the Pope's lover. Which was a pleasure. If I had any more salacious anecdotes, you can rest assured I'll wait for an advance and a signed contract before setting them down (smile)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2108/13/2010

He resembles Vic Damone.

by Anonymousreply 2208/13/2010

The actor Edmund Purdom (The Student Prince) was rumored to have been another who had been there, done that when he was Archbishop of Milan. At least that's what a contessa who lived in the heart of Roman society told a friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 2308/13/2010

a pretty straight pope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2408/13/2010

Father Gaye Gayerson, the Pope's Personal Private Fluffer Assistant said, "The Pope's day begins with Mass at 7am, followed by morning prayer and a period of constipation. Afterwards we eat each other out, and my day then begins with sorting through the correspondence, which arrives in considerable quantity." He said that he accompanied Benedict to morning audiences, followed by lunch together, a "performance by actors from Prague (and you know that that means)," and a rest, after which he "[presents] to the Pope his freshly powdered butt for the Pope to finger."[1]

by Anonymousreply 2508/13/2010

Purdom's not gay ... seems it

by Anonymousreply 2608/13/2010

Wow, thanks for that, R21. I had no idea that inside the dull Paul VI, such deep and passionate waters ran.

Searching further, I found this little scandalous blurb w/pics (headlined "Paolo VI col marito, l'attore Paolo Carlini [Paul VI with her husband, actor Paolo Carlini]"):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2708/13/2010

it's not "with her husband" -- it's "with the husband" -- technically you can't say "her" as a possessive in Italian.

by Anonymousreply 2808/14/2010

Wasn't the pope before Paul VI also gay? I forget his name. Fat and cheery.

But then I guess most of them have been.

by Anonymousreply 2908/18/2010

I assume Pope Ratzi is a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 3008/18/2010

[quote]I assume Pope Ratzi is a bottom?%0D %0D R28, how would you say "bottom" in Italian? "Bottom" in the man-man love context, of course.%0D %0D Or would he use Latin?

by Anonymousreply 3108/18/2010

I wonder if the Pope gets nasty when he catches the others in Vatican City making eyes at Georg. I can imagine him telling a Cardinal, "Don't make me cut you, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 3208/18/2010

HaHa, R32--The Cock-Blocking Pope. Love it!%0D %0D And does Georg have to placate Ratzi by cooing, "Baby, don't be like that! You know I don't even look at those young priests! Ain't no other ass like yours, girl."

by Anonymousreply 3308/18/2010

Wow, Papa Georg is way more handsome than he has to be.

by Anonymousreply 3409/10/2013

Benedict 16 is nearing his own death, and is no longer the top Pope. Queen Mother Pope is his new title.

by Anonymousreply 3509/10/2013

[quote]About Pope Paul V's boyfriend from the December 2007 newsletter 'Men Who Danced'.

LOL! Fascinating that Pope Paul V dated a film actor. Paul V died in 1621.

Georg Gaenswein isn't a monsignor. He's a bishop.

by Anonymousreply 3609/10/2013

From Georg Gänswein's Wikipedia page. "In his private life, Gänswein devotes his time to playing tennis, skiing, and flying airplanes." So much for that vow of poverty, sounds more like a jet setter.

by Anonymousreply 3709/10/2013

Vow of poverty? Why would he be taking a vow of poverty? He's not a monk.

by Anonymousreply 3809/10/2013

[quote] Paul V died in 1622.

The reference is, of course, to the man who gave the world another billion babies: Paul VI.

As to whom Paul V's bumboys were...

by Anonymousreply 3909/10/2013

Does he still do everything with the old pope, including 'nap time', but somehow still 'attend to the new pope's daily needs'?

Whoever wrote that article wasn't even trying to hide what they thought.

by Anonymousreply 4009/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!