Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mazda 3

Anyone have one? Like?

by Anonymousreply 2608/16/2014

I have one and I love it. Great gas mileage, surprisingly roomy, low maintenance, fun to drive, and looks nice for what it is. I researched for months before I bought my car and the Mazda 3 was by far the best in its class. The gas mileage isn't as good as some of the others, but it doesn't look as cheap either, which is the trade-off I was willing to make.

by Anonymousreply 108/04/2010

What other cars did you consider, R1?

by Anonymousreply 208/04/2010

Mazda 3 is alright, but they are more expensive than their competition. Only the Honda Civic is more even though Civic hasn't been updated in 5 years. The GM Cobalt is a joke (why did we bail this company out?). Hyundai is the only major car company left that refuses to give gay employees health benefits and their cars are a mix bag on reliability anyways, Ford is waiting for their superb Euro engineered Fiesta next year. I'll stick with the standard setter in this category, the Toyota Corolla.

by Anonymousreply 308/04/2010

The Corolla has no style. I can't even say it's ugly - it's just boring. A box on wheels. Obviously, that's not important to everyone, but I would gladly pay a bit more for the 3, which at least looks fun.

by Anonymousreply 408/04/2010

Yep, I have an SP23 with 145k miles on it. No issues at all. I want to see if I can get around 250k on it. It has been my favorite car and I have owned VW, Honda, Toyota.%0D %0D Love it!

by Anonymousreply 508/04/2010

>>>Honda Civic is more even though Civic hasn't been updated in 5 years%0D %0D I kept my 2000 Civic because I HATED the 2006 re-design.

by Anonymousreply 608/04/2010

You either love Hondas or you hate them. The Civic I had rode so hard, long trips left passengers feeling they sat on bricks the whole way. Had to get rid of it or never get rid of unending sciatica.

by Anonymousreply 708/04/2010

I have one, a 2008. Great little car. I tried several but I kept going back to that one. I've only put 17K on it so hopefully it will last a while. My dad swears by them as long as you change the oil when you are supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 808/04/2010

Oh, also drove Honda Fit. Gets great reviews but I wasn't crazy about it either.

by Anonymousreply 1008/04/2010

OP, curious as to why you didn't like the Fit. It's high on my list of possibles.

by Anonymousreply 1108/04/2010

What about MINI COOPER?

by Anonymousreply 1208/04/2010

Fit felt like it was really straining on acceleration and was a little bland. I did like the seat configurations.

Cube felt a little zippier and is much cuter, Mazda much zippier, similar look.

by Anonymousreply 1308/04/2010

don't own one, but my bf's dad let's us use his when we are in town (often) and I love it. Great mileage, handles well, comfortable, with a roomy back seat if you have friends with.

by Anonymousreply 1408/04/2010

What a lovely quaint thread about cube farmers discussing low-end cars.

by Anonymousreply 1508/04/2010

Still a good buy? Lately, every time I turn on the news or check headlines on the web, Toyotas are getting recalled for something.

by Anonymousreply 1601/30/2013

I have one. A 2009 and no problems at all.

by Anonymousreply 1701/30/2013

[quote]The Corolla has no style. I can't even say it's ugly - it's just boring. A box on wheels. Obviously, that's not important to everyone, but I would gladly pay a bit more for the 3, which at least looks fun.

I completely agree. I've been driving Corolla's since 2000, and even though they are very reliable, they are VERY plain looking inside. And every time the "re-design" it, it looks practically the same. I'm so bored with it, so I've also been thinking about a Mazda 3 next time. It seems to get good reviews, so I'd like to hear from others who have this car.

by Anonymousreply 1801/30/2013

I have a Mazda2 Sport with a 5 speed. I love it, goes like spit with low horsepower and handles just like my Miata did. Very inexpensive twin of the Fiesta.

by Anonymousreply 1901/30/2013

The Mazda 3 is a splendid car. I especially like the wagon. For doesn't mention it, but the Mazda 3 is made on a Volvo v50 chassis. The car is solid and their direct injection/high compression engines get milage comparable to the hybrids. You couldn't make a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 2001/30/2013

I have been looking at these too, even though my 2004 Civic is still running fine--I'm just bored. I have been looking for a Mazda 3 with a sunroof--have always wanted one. There were great deals at the end of the year and I should have jumped on it then.

by Anonymousreply 2101/30/2013

r20 That should read, Ford doesn't mention it, but... When this body style was generated, Ford owned Volvo and 25% of Mazda and decided to use Volvo chassis for their Biggest Ford and the smaller Mazda 3 and the redesigned Volvo V & S 50 lines.

by Anonymousreply 2201/30/2013

We should claim the Mazda 3 as our own since the Miata is often not versatile enough

by Anonymousreply 2301/31/2013

I had a 2010 3 that I traded in for a 2011 CX7. Now I want to trade in for a 2014 6. I saw a black one at a dealership, and they look really sweet up close - much better than they do in photographs. If you're considering a 3, consider a 6 - the entry level isn't much more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 2401/31/2013

I love my 6 -- all that sporty power...

by Anonymousreply 2502/01/2013

Anyone driving a new one?

by Anonymousreply 2608/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!