Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bisexual man inadvertently responds to his father-in-law''s craigslist men seeking men post

Q. Bi Man Unintentionally Opens Can of Worms With In-Laws: I have a rather unusual problem, and I don't feel I have anywhere to turn but you. I'm a 33-year-old man who's been married for seven years. The issue is, I am bi-sexual and have known so for quite some time. My quandary is, about a month ago I responded to a posting on Craigslist.

It was from an older gentleman who, like myself, is bi and was looking for some discrete fun. In responding to the ad, I sent a faceless/headless picture of myself without a shirt on. He responded back to me with some pictures that were a bit more graphic and a phone number. Upon seeing the number, I became immediately undone. It was the cell phone number of my wife's dad%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%94my father-in-law!

Once I realized it was him, I never responded back to him. I received several e-mails subsequently asking me what was going on and if I was still interested. However, not only did he e-mail me from his personal e-mail address, stupidly, he used the joint one with my mother-in-law.

Fast-forward a few weeks. My mother-in-law was checking e-mail and somehow found the exchange between my father-in-law and myself. Obviously, and justifiably, she has become hysterical. She found the e-mail that I sent to him (from an anonymous e-mail address) that had my picture.

It gets worse; she told my wife and her sister and brother, and they are trying to figure out who this guy is who "seduced" dad. At this point, I am freaking out as my wife is wanting to see my picture, but her mother has not shown it to her yet.

Do I bite the bullet and let the cat out of the bag that I am the two-home home wrecker, or should I let my wife and in-laws continue to play detective? I feel such guilt as my wife cries on my shoulder as she tells me the latest developments every day.

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2012

[quote]looking for some discrete fun

Oh, dear.

[quote]Upon seeing the number, I became immediately undone.

As if anyone but a GAY man would EVER utter this phrase.

by Anonymousreply 908/03/2010

And I thought Christmas was fucked up at my family's.....

by Anonymousreply 1008/03/2010

I guess it could happen in a smaller town - some smaller cities have their own CL.

by Anonymousreply 1108/03/2010

This reminds me of that writer from back east who threw his wife down the stairs after she found out about his gay trysts. %0D %0D I loved the trystee when he was on the stand. %0D %0D What do you do? %0D Oh just anything you want. %0D %0D He was kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 1208/03/2010

Bi is no excuse for infidelity or exposing (condoms are 100%) your spouse to god knows what. I'm bisexual, no one makes you get married. He said those vows, he could've very well remained single and date who he wants. He wants the little wife at him, while he indulges himself. He probably wouldn't even have been interested in a bi woman who'd want to have an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1308/03/2010

[quote]From the "Kirker, located" file.

[italic]Ew.[/italic] I don't even have a stepfather!

by Anonymousreply 1408/03/2010

by Anonymousreply 1508/03/2010

Kirker is a good sport

by Anonymousreply 1608/03/2010

Beware of the faceless/headless picture, it will always lead to folderol and fiddle dee dee.

by Anonymousreply 1708/03/2010

I think if you can't even spell "discreet," CL should ban you till you learn.

by Anonymousreply 1808/03/2010

The author of that letter should take a lesson in trolling from the author of DL's infamous classic "I had sex with my FIL" from a few years ago. Talk about learning at the feet of the master.%0D %0D The troll even had his own stalker troll, the idiot "114 and Rochelle."%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1908/03/2010

[quote]I think if you can't even spell "discreet," CL should ban you till you learn.

Sad thing is I've been corrected for spelling "discreet". Some idiot responded "I think you meant 'discrete'". Argh!

by Anonymousreply 2008/03/2010

Married 'bisexual' men looking for gay sex = closeted gays.

by Anonymousreply 2108/03/2010

But is the FIL hawt???

by Anonymousreply 2208/03/2010

I love how he's being discrete by asking AN ONLINE NEWSPAPER for advice...after his family is all up in arms.

by Anonymousreply 2308/03/2010

What a horrid EST. What kind of mind does OP have?

by Anonymousreply 2408/03/2010

Dustin DeWind?

by Anonymousreply 2508/03/2010

When trolling for sex on the net, be sure to always use a dummy e-mail account.

by Anonymousreply 2608/03/2010

[quote]What kind of mind does OP have?%0D %0D %0D OP didn't write it. Duh!

by Anonymousreply 2708/03/2010

Of course it's an EST, but just because Prudie answered it doesn't mean she fell for it. I think her light treatment of the situation is a fair indication of how ridiculous she found it.

by Anonymousreply 2808/03/2010

This is an interesting EST and it will have some people believing it. I enjoy elaborate scenarios where some people fall for it and others add to it. That's how we got DataLounge Land and the cinnamon roll stores.

by Anonymousreply 2908/04/2010

[quote]This is an interesting EST%0D %0D I don't think it's interesting at all, I think it's quite ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 3008/04/2010

[quote]I don't think it's interesting at all, I think it's quite ghastly.%0D %0D I think it could be turned into a funny play. Don't you even have a tiny bit of a sense of humor?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3108/04/2010

I'm almost certain the author of the letter is the same guy who posted here about falling in love with his FIL and them running off to live together in NYC.%0D %0D It didn't get very far here and Prudie also didn't take it too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3208/04/2010

In the olden days, they would have met in the woods somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3308/04/2010

[quote]It didn't get very far here %0D %0D Yes, it did. That's why it's remembered here. Duh! There were some very amusing reactions to it.

by Anonymousreply 3408/04/2010

The next post is straight off DL "Dear Prudence: Fed Up With Fat Co-Workers"

by Anonymousreply 3508/04/2010

Oh please. You all think you're so saavy and jaded because you can spot an EST. Ha! Not quite. None of you were smart enough to realize that Prudie herself is the author of this one.

by Anonymousreply 3608/04/2010

[quote]You all think you're so saavy

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3708/04/2010

Could make an interesting sub-plot in a TV episode.

by Anonymousreply 3809/07/2010

OP why are you bumping you lame thread that died a nice death a month ago?

by Anonymousreply 3909/07/2010

Do what the politicians have done for decades.%0D Deny, deny, deny.

by Anonymousreply 4009/07/2010

Pre-internet, a friend answered an ad. Exchanged details of what they would do. No photos. Met the guy at a coffee shop. His brother placed the ad. No, they didn't get it on.

by Anonymousreply 4109/07/2010

If father-in-law didn't know it was you, then how did mother-in-law?

by Anonymousreply 4209/07/2010

My sister's female friend met a guy online and chatted for a while and agreed to meet him in a hotel room. She got there first and got undressed under the covers and apparently left the door unlocked, when he walked in she screamed "DAD!!!???"

by Anonymousreply 4312/06/2012

We're supposed to ignore the OP of this thread bumping it 2 years later?

Get a fucking life, idiot. You must be so proud your EST was accepted at whatever publication.

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!