Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Official Castle Thread

Since the third season of Castle hasn't started yet. Let's have discussions about the show. Nathan Fillion is wonderful at playing Richard Castle. Stana Katic does a great job playing Det. Kate Beckett. Susan Sullivan is wonderful playing Richard Castle's mother. Molly Quinn is great at playing his daughter.%0D %0D What does anyone on here think of the show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 28, 2018 11:32 AM

Anyone home?

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2010 4:56 PM

Love the show, love him (he's got a James Garner-ish quality about him) and think Stana Katic is drop dead gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2010 5:08 PM

I've tried watching it because I love Nathan but I just couldn't get past the hokey idea of a writer being allowed on police cases. I can see maybe allowing him to see crime scenes but he's involved in interrogations and arrests. I can't suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy it. Its just cheesy & cliched. Moonlighting did it better in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2010 5:26 PM

Thanks for the responses, r2 & r3.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2010 5:36 PM

[quote]I can't suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy it. %0D %0D You must be a delight to be around.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2010 5:46 PM

I hope that the third season will get even better ratings now that Castle was able to get a third season after a successful second season.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2010 6:47 PM

Love the show and the only one I watched religiously.

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2010 9:10 PM

I loved the shout-out to "Firefly" last fall... going dressed as a "Space Cowboy" for Halloween, and the FireFly theme played in the background. %0D %0D I love the little touches like that!%0D

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2010 9:16 PM

I'd watch anything with Nathan in it, because he's so damn cute.

I hate detective TV shows, though. the plots are predictable, even the "twists", like the private school murder episode, where you just knew they conspired, because, in TV-land, private school kids and upper class husbands and wives are always the murderer.

But yet, Nathan's in it, and it's lighthearted.

But frankly, I'd much rather watch hours of Nathan being spanked bare-assed, by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2010 9:39 PM

Here's the sneak peak for the third season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2010 11:44 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2010 8:32 AM

I really hope the show continues to grow. That goes for all of the cast including Nathan and Stana.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2010 9:49 PM

Stana's hair looks longer.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2010 11:59 PM

It certainly does. She's been growing her hair during the whole summer. After all, she had just finished a movie called "For Lovers Only" a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2010 10:23 PM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2010 12:13 AM

Very, very dumb concept. I wanted to like it, because Fillion's cute and Susan Sullivan's funny and I love crime shows. But I don't like Stana Katic at all... or maybe I just dislike the character she plays intensely.

I'm completely over the Very Special Episodes (usually cliffhangers, but not always) where the main characters are themselves in dire peril, and one realizes he/she loves the other. I'm pretty much over all straight romances mucking up otherwise-OK shows.

And R5 sounds like the prick, not R3.

by Anonymousreply 16August 3, 2010 12:22 AM

Increasingly, more than hot Nathan Fillion, Jon Huertas has become my fave. I bet he throws a mean fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 3, 2010 1:42 AM

Big_Uncut-Dick Face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 3, 2010 1:45 AM

Huertas; unmarried, 8-year Air Force vet.

Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 19August 3, 2010 6:38 AM

Huertas looked familiar and now I know why: he was in "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch." %0D %0D It's embarrassing I remember him.

by Anonymousreply 20August 3, 2010 7:53 AM

Oh God, I love White Castle!! I ate 12 sliders once.

by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2010 7:58 AM

I think Molly C. Quinn does a great job playing his daughter. I hope she will have an acting career after Castle is over.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2010 8:40 PM

Their foreplay is driving me crazy. I think this next season is going to be great. As a lesbian I appreciate Stanas looks, but I just adore Nathan.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2010 5:17 AM

Susan Sullivan will turn it out this season coming up in September.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2010 12:40 AM

Mt partner loves this show. I watch and I like it.

Susan Sullivan's hair however drives me crazy.

Find another color...the red does not suit her.

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2010 3:14 AM

I do believe this season coming up will be full of surprises.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2010 9:15 PM

Huertas spanking Fillion?

Fillion spanking Huertas?

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2010 10:17 PM

I like Fillion but show is boring.

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2010 12:40 AM

I like Fillion but show is boring.%0D %0D Why did you say that, r28?

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2010 6:17 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2010 5:13 PM

I don't watch it a lot, but I agree about Susan Sullivan's hair color. That red is awful.

I like all the characters; however, the plots are terribly cliched.

I thought I read Castle was back with his ex, so that the cop was going to get her own love interest this coming season?

We need to see Castle coming out of the shower or waking up without a pajama top once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 31August 7, 2010 5:23 PM

OP/R29, please learn to quote. Either use quotes, or the quote tag, or SOMETHING to distinguish between what you're actually typing, and what you're responding to. Or better yet, no need to duplicate the text if you're responding immediately (the next message or two), just reference the post with the reply number, like I did in the first line of this reply.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2010 6:22 PM

Please do not insult me, r32.

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2010 12:09 AM

Educating you is not insulting you.%0D

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2010 12:31 AM

What I did with the quotes was copying it and pasting it before I posted, r32.%0D %0D Don't be such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2010 12:21 PM

Thanks for posting the fall preview, OP. I don't like Stana Katic's hair long. She has a great face for short curly hair, like she had the first season.

I'm glad ABC stuck with the show rather than dumping it quickly like usually happens in network TV when something doesn't catch on immediately. I also like that they showed it Saturday evenings during the summer. I wasn't watching it and actually found it on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2010 3:44 PM

Hey OP

How long have you been doing research/PR for the show?

Shill much?

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2010 4:21 PM

I'm just a fan of the show, r37. I don't work for ABC. I am just a fan. That's all.%0D %0D You're welcome, r36.

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2010 6:12 PM

OP/R35, trying to help you be understood isn't being an asshole. Being able to distinguish between text you copied/pasted and what you type is important for understanding your posts. %0D %0D Why are you reacting in such a negative way when someone is simply informing you that it would help if you put QUOTES around text you're quoting, so it's clear that you're not typing/expressing that idea? Or suggesting you use the "quote" tag (see the Help link at the top of the Thread Watcher)?%0D %0D Do you always attack people who try to help you? And you're calling ME an asshole? Fascinating.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2010 6:18 PM

You're very touchy, OP. Calm down. I fail to see how you think R32 was insulting you. He just suggested you use the quote tag so the rest of us could understand what it is you are responding to.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2010 8:15 PM

Back to the thread?

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2010 4:33 AM

I'm glad that ABC stuck with the show as well. I was afraid that Castle would have been taken off the air. I believe that ABC had faith in the show and that's why it is still around. It is nothing like anything on the tube these days.%0D %0D Nathan Fillion does have a James Garner type of quality to him. Stana Katic knows her character well enough that she doesn't have to try too hard anymore.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2010 9:45 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2010 9:55 PM

I can't wait until the show starts their next season next month.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2010 2:23 PM

Me too, love their chemistry together and think everyone really fits together well. It's one of my must watch shows.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2010 12:57 AM

Here's an interview of Stana Katic on the Kilborn Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2010 12:45 PM

Here's Nathan Fillion at Comic-Con.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2010 12:57 PM

Another video of the cast members at Comic-Con.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2010 7:19 PM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2010 1:22 PM

I guess all of the Castle fans on here have left the building.

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2010 4:28 PM

"I guess all of the Castle fans on here have left the building."

There were only two or three in the first place. I like Nathan and Susan Sullivan, and the show is fine with halfway decent writing, but the chemistry is lacking mainly because of the female lead. It's not "must see TV" for me, but I do catch it when I happen upon it.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2010 6:45 PM

Great point there, r51.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2010 6:52 PM

Mmm. huerta is sitting so close to Fillion! I bet they play footsie during the whole panel, then go up to their hotel room and spank each other's hot muscle butts!

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2010 3:33 AM

Very funny, r53.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2010 11:50 AM

Here's another video of Nathan Fillion at Comic-Con.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2010 8:14 PM

Who will watch the season premiere opening for the third season on Sept. the 20th?

by Anonymousreply 56August 22, 2010 6:41 PM

Count me in as being one watching it and not taping it.

by Anonymousreply 57August 22, 2010 7:27 PM

[quote]Stana Katic does a great job playing Det. Kate Beckett.

No. No she doesn't. She was marginally better in season two than she was in the first season, but she continues to be the show's weak link. She has no chemistry with Fillion at all. You could see the difference when Dana Delaney showed up for a guest spot. If only SHE had been cast opposite Fillion, the show would be truly great.

by Anonymousreply 58August 22, 2010 7:36 PM

I got season 1, disc 1, from Netflix the other day. I was surprised that I didn't really care for it. It was okay, but only okay. I like Nathan Fillion, but the show just didn't click for me.

by Anonymousreply 59August 22, 2010 7:44 PM

I get what you're saying, r58.%0D %0D Then again, if Dana Delaney had been casted as Det. Kate Beckett instead of Stana Katic. It would be even more a better show.

by Anonymousreply 60August 22, 2010 7:45 PM

Why didn't Castle click for you, r59?

by Anonymousreply 61August 22, 2010 9:21 PM

I'm not really sure R61. I expected to enjoy it, but I didn't find it very funny, or all that interesting. I didn't believe the relationship between the two leads either, it just felt flat and blah. Maybe as others have said, there's no chemistry there.

I think the only point I chuckled was when the grandmother spotted an old man at a party with no wedding ring and said "My graydar just went off." Other than that, no laughs.

And as much as I like Nathan Fillion, I found Richard Castle to be just too smug and full of himself.

by Anonymousreply 62August 22, 2010 9:37 PM

Nathan's large nose does it for me.

by Anonymousreply 63August 22, 2010 9:45 PM

You've got a point there, r59. I appreciate the honesty.

by Anonymousreply 64August 22, 2010 9:52 PM

R62, you might want to give it a little chance. Most shows take a while to "get going", and I like Castle a lot more now than I did when it first started.%0D %0D Honestly, I only really kept watching because of Nathan at first. Now I actually enjoy it. It's not a great show by any means, but it's better than most of the dreck on TV.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 65August 22, 2010 10:08 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2010 11:25 PM

I would have a problem not wanting to have nasal sex with Fillion.

by Anonymousreply 67August 23, 2010 6:20 AM

I'm really hoping that the third season will be even better than the last one. Will Hawaii Five-O beat Castle in the ratings this fall? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2010 12:07 PM

Who likes Susan Sullivan on here? She does a wonderful job playing Rick Castle's mother.

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2010 6:44 PM

Anybody home?

by Anonymousreply 70August 26, 2010 9:09 PM

Hey, Castle fanatic, ABC is bringing back reruns starting at 9 CDT this evening.

by Anonymousreply 71August 28, 2010 10:53 PM

LOVE her, R69!%0D

by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2010 11:56 PM

Me too, r72. I think she's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 73August 28, 2010 11:59 PM

Who has some behind the secenes gossip for the third season of Castle? Anybody on here work on the show behind the scenes?

by Anonymousreply 74September 1, 2010 4:19 PM

Sorry to derail the thread but I have to ask, anyone know who the blonde is who Nathan went to the Emmys with? I thought he was still with his girlfriend but it looks like they've broken up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 2, 2010 8:50 AM

I wish I knew, r75.

by Anonymousreply 76September 2, 2010 4:12 PM

It's the same blonde woman he went to the Iron Man 2 premiere with. I guess he and Darla Delgado broke up. Too bad, she seemed cool.

by Anonymousreply 77September 2, 2010 4:30 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 78September 2, 2010 6:07 PM

I might give Hawaii Five-O remake a chance as well. I just hope CBS doesn't drop it after a few weeks because CBS has been promoting the hell out of it.%0D %0D I will always have a soft spot for Castle.

by Anonymousreply 79September 3, 2010 5:16 PM

I loved it when Susan Sullivan's character "went on the Facetube" and tried to hook up with an old beau.

by Anonymousreply 80September 4, 2010 1:27 AM

That was a great one too, r80.

by Anonymousreply 81September 4, 2010 7:53 PM

Is this season premier the best episode ever, or what? I'm loving it, and it's not even half over yet!

by Anonymousreply 82September 21, 2010 2:23 AM

I loved how they were all giving him a hard time about not calling. I don't like the new do for the Detective, like her hair shorter.

by Anonymousreply 83September 23, 2010 4:33 AM

Goddam, I want Jon Huertas to fuck me upside down and over and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 23, 2010 7:34 AM

I find myself putting my hand in my pants every time Huerta's in a scene. Add Adrian Pasdar to the last two episodes, plus Nathan, and I was in hunk heaven.

by Anonymousreply 85March 4, 2011 1:19 AM

I need some behind the scenes gossip on Castle.

by Anonymousreply 86March 4, 2011 10:04 AM

Yeah, Katic's supposedly awful behavior improved any?

by Anonymousreply 87March 4, 2011 10:11 AM

Oh please! Oh please Castle insider give us an update.

by Anonymousreply 88March 4, 2011 12:50 PM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 89March 4, 2011 10:10 PM

HOLY CRAP! WHAT A SEASON FINALE!

by Anonymousreply 90May 17, 2011 5:45 AM

Indeed. It's almost like they didn't think they'd be renewed ... but why would they think that?%0D %0D Clearly they're going to pull some cheap stuff in the first episode of next season to get Castle and Becket back together and on the force.%0D %0D But yeah, it was an awesome episode and a great way to go out.%0D

by Anonymousreply 91May 17, 2011 5:56 AM

Wham! Wow.

Maybe now Jon Huertas will have more time to spend...showering, or changing in and out of clothes...or SPANKING!

by Anonymousreply 92May 17, 2011 8:32 PM

The finale was great, but I have to agree that Stana Katic has very little chemistry with Fillion. I'm not sure what it is. Part of me thinks they don't write her character very well, and another thinks she is playing her as very cold. I buy that his character is in love with her, but I don't think she's in love with him. If you watch some of the behind the scenes on you tube or some of the comic con clips, they have much more chemistry in "real life" than their characters.

She's drop dead gorgeous but they need to humanize her more on the show. Have her get drunk or something. She just seems like a cold fish, pillow princess.

by Anonymousreply 93May 17, 2011 10:29 PM

So... did the chief want off the show or something?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 94May 18, 2011 12:07 AM

Fillion is just too fat. And he's getting fatter. I worry he's turning into another Vincent D'Onofrio who despite his career hanging on it just kept expanding until finally they had to shoot every scene from across the Hudson or East River just to get all of his fat ass in the frame when he'd do his sideways-looking-at-the-suspect-crazily-to-make-him-crack thing.

Please cut down on the chicken skin, Nathan. I hear that's about all he eats is fried chicken skin from fast food places. They bring in the buckets and he peels off the skins and rolls it up and down it all goes. It's a sickness.

by Anonymousreply 95May 18, 2011 1:06 AM

That shoot out in the airplane hanger was so poorly written...none of the characters did what you would expect...

The bad guy-super killers didn't get there early...4 of them walk in and get shot by one guy.

Beckett doesn't insist on helping with the shoot-out. Castle can man-handle her off stage.

Out of character.

Also...Fake shooting at the end to flush out the superbad guy?

by Anonymousreply 96May 18, 2011 2:20 AM

Castle, what's a Castle?

by Anonymousreply 97May 18, 2011 2:22 AM

I disagree, r96. I think the hanger scene was pretty good. Becket was screaming to help the Captain with the shoot out and it was only because Castle carried her off that she was stopped. I think this episode was all about role reversal for the characters. Suddenly Castle, who is usually weak when it comes to Beckett and lets her do whatever she wants, stands up to her in his earlier dialog AND in the fact that he picked her ass up and carried her away. It was finally time for him to show his strong side with her and he did.

And it was the first time we've seen Beckett break down like that and completely lose it by begging the Captain for the name and for him not to sacrifice himself.

I didn't have a problem with the four guys getting shot. They weren't expecting the Captain to go against them so when he started shooting, they were caught off guard. They expected him to hand over Beckett instead of his family.

I think the episode marked a major turning point for the show in terms of the relationship between the leads (even though their chemistry is not believable). I think the shooting at the end was real and not staged to flush out the bad guy. Of course, because Beckett was drifting off at the end, she won't remember Castle telling her he loved her. Which is good. I hope they don't get them together or if they do, they do it in a way that won't ruin the show.

by Anonymousreply 98May 18, 2011 7:21 PM

I won't be believed, but I suspected the chief of having some ulterior motive months ago.

Huertas, take your clothes off, Papi!

by Anonymousreply 99May 18, 2011 7:36 PM

[quote]Please cut down on the chicken skin, Nathan. I hear that's about all he eats is fried chicken skin from fast food places. They bring in the buckets and he peels off the skins and rolls it up and down it all goes. It's a sickness.

Having done some of the on set catering I can tell you that what you hear is WRONG.

While I can't say he has never eaten chicken skin in his life on a daily basis he is not doing so, on the set anyway.

From what I have noticed his is a big meat and cheese eater. He loves cheese and takes a lot as well as some of any and all meat on the buffet.

Cheese is very high fat.

by Anonymousreply 100May 18, 2011 7:43 PM

Am I the only one loving the new season?!?

by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2011 1:13 AM

No, R101--I'm loving it, too.

by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2011 1:21 AM

I want Esposito and Ryan to get naked and have mind-melting sex. Esposito would undoubtedly be sinking that big brown pinga into Ryan's hungry hole.

I love Nathan but I agree, he's pudging out a bit. He can carry off not being an eight pack guy and still being hot, but he needs to lose a bit. I worry he's a drunk, because that's the other thing that adds the pounds.

by Anonymousreply 103October 12, 2011 1:42 AM

OMG, Huertas has an ALBUM.

And a video!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 12, 2011 3:44 AM

Drool. Smirk.

Sex with him would be funny and hot.

Not enough shots of Huertas' body, of course.

by Anonymousreply 105October 12, 2011 6:54 AM

So far I'm pretty disappointed in the new season. There is less humor between Becket and Castle, less give and take like Nick and Nora Charles. I'm also bored to tears by the trials and tribulations of Castles daughter. The only bright spot is still Susan Sullivan as his mother. They haven't messed with her character too much and no one can put you down faster than your mother. And what is with the new black bitch captain. I hate her! She is snide, domineering, clueless and rude. They need to gang up on her and bitch slap her until she sees the light.

by Anonymousreply 106October 12, 2011 1:05 PM

Why does Castle's mother (Susan "Half Turn" Sullivan) speak with a mid-Atlantic, Norma Shearer accent while Castle speaks with a flat American accent? I know both Norma and Nathan Fillion are Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2011 2:25 AM

I loved last season.

But I'm finding the show this season a little too silly.

I have 3 eps on my DVR and stopped one of them halfway through and watched something else.

I'm not dying to go back and finish it.

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2011 2:49 AM

I love it.

The scene in the elevator with the swat members and the muzak playing... that was hilarious.

I just want Nathan to hit the gym, so I can return to lusting after him.

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2011 2:58 AM

Is Stana Katic still behaving badly?

by Anonymousreply 110October 18, 2011 3:46 AM

Hey Fillion fans, check out this photograph: The policeman to the far right looks like Nathan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 13, 2011 2:08 PM

I haven't watched it at all this season or last season.

I've been getting into Hawaii Five-O a lot more these days.

by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2011 2:27 PM

r112, me, too. H50 is just a much better show.

by Anonymousreply 113November 13, 2011 3:12 PM

Exactly, r113.

by Anonymousreply 114November 19, 2011 5:59 PM

Castle is still great, and I still watch it every week.

by Anonymousreply 115November 19, 2011 6:04 PM

Castle is a good show. TOTALLY implausible that Beckett would recover so quickly after what happened at the end of last season, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief. I also like Thick Nathan. I just wish he wouldn't wear so many sports coats so I could see more of that ass.

by Anonymousreply 116November 19, 2011 6:14 PM

R106, you might have something there. I wasn't enjoying this season as much and couldn't put my finger on it. I like the daughter a lot, but prefer her to interact with her father. I could care less about college and the boyfriend. His mother has gotten a bit stale, too. I think she needs some better lines or a wild new adventure. And the dynamics with Castle and Beckett aren't as feisty as they were. It has become a bit ho-hum. Frankly, that captain should have transferred him to another department for half a dozen episodes, so they'd have to meet secretly to discuss the cases. Then the whole thing could blow up in the captain's face and she could be transferred for good.

by Anonymousreply 117November 19, 2011 6:37 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 118January 8, 2012 2:28 PM

Where are the new episodes? I'm missing the show.

by Anonymousreply 119January 8, 2012 2:45 PM

Mildly entertaining, but Nathan is beginning to pack on the pounds and starting to look a little porky.

by Anonymousreply 120January 8, 2012 3:23 PM

So true, r120.

Castle is not doing so well in the ratings right now.

by Anonymousreply 121January 8, 2012 5:02 PM

Castle was back last night... what, no Castle love?

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2012 6:30 AM

Anyone love the pot-boiler 40's noire episode? Or was it just me?

by Anonymousreply 123February 8, 2012 3:59 AM

It was a good attempt to counter the ratings for the premiere of that Fame-type show with Angelica Huston.

A fun episode; Jon Huertas got me hot and bothered, again.

by Anonymousreply 124February 8, 2012 4:22 AM

Holy fuck what a cliff-hanger!!!

by Anonymousreply 125February 14, 2012 2:59 AM

Jon Huertas needs to grab my ankles and fuck me until I beg him to stop. Spoiler alert: I won't.

That was quite the cliffhanger…..I hate the darker ones, though. I like the more Moonlighting-ish ones.

by Anonymousreply 126February 14, 2012 3:19 AM

Also, someone needs to tell the HW/creator to "move it along, Toots."

I get that they didn't want to have them do it in the first few seasons…but pretty soon no one will give a shit if Kate and Rick ever do it.

Shit got to happen.

(Still hoping that Esposito rides Ryan's hole repeatedly. On camera.)

by Anonymousreply 127February 14, 2012 3:24 AM

Is this the fucking best episode ever?

(okay, yeah, it's ridiculous and over-the-top, but it's still fun and gripping)

by Anonymousreply 128February 21, 2012 2:50 AM

It's gripping alright, R128.

by Anonymousreply 129February 21, 2012 2:56 AM

I have never watched this show before but I tuned in because Jennifer Beals was going to be on it. Those two episodes were very good, specially the second part.

by Anonymousreply 130February 22, 2012 2:38 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 131June 11, 2012 11:48 AM

For the most part this season has disappointed me. I loved the quirky relationship between Castle and Beckett and they are ruining it with their flirtation into a serious relationship. They ought to know that the two of them getting together would be disasterous. R106 I agree I hate the black female captain. What a fucking bitch! They need to soften her character or dump her asap. With Castle losing his daughter to college they need to bring more of Susan Sullivan into the episodes. I love her character and want to see more and different sides to her.

by Anonymousreply 132June 11, 2012 1:32 PM

Can we just make this the Official Jon Huertas Is Hot As Fuck thread?

by Anonymousreply 133June 11, 2012 1:37 PM

I haven't watched Castle since the second season. From what I'm hearing that the writers are trying to get Rick Castle and Kate Beckett together. I felt they should have kept the characters at bay.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets cancelled after the fifth season.

by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2012 11:35 AM

"they need to bring more of Susan Sullivan into the episodes. I love her character and want to see more and different sides to her."

Haven't you seen all sides to her? After all, she did patent the opening credit twist on "Falcon Crest".

by Anonymousreply 135June 12, 2012 12:35 PM

They should have never killed off Capt. Roy Montgomery.

by Anonymousreply 136June 14, 2012 7:09 PM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 137June 16, 2012 5:13 PM

R132, it would not be a disaster. Bones did it with great success.

by Anonymousreply 138June 16, 2012 5:16 PM

Why do you think that r138?

by Anonymousreply 139June 16, 2012 10:30 PM

Are the cast members from Bones jealous of the cast members from Castle?

by Anonymousreply 140June 18, 2012 10:01 PM

The show has shifted in tone in the last season and a half, I think. Maybe as NF and SK's mutual off-screen loathing has grown, their chemistry has suffered, unlike Bruce and Cybill. I just don't buy the sexual tension between them anymore and this season kind of lost me.

by Anonymousreply 141June 18, 2012 10:08 PM

I happen to agree with you, r141. Even though I didn't stick around for the third and fourth season of Castle. I felt the show was about to get repetitive. NF and SK have been doing interviews seperately most of the time. They still do the "Comic Con" route and stuff. In time one of the cast members will be glad when the show is over for good. My two cents.

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2012 6:08 AM

Anybody home?

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2012 6:30 PM

I watch it but am more lukewarm than I was. The sexy banter is definitely missing among other things. The writers seem to know better than to bring them together, though. One is about to get involved and the other backs off for some reason. Then things switch. But for some reason, I'm just not as interested. I'll see the new season but maybe not as regularly. The thrill is gone, I think, like some relationships that start out with promise, but just never materialize and then the individuals just drift away.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2012 7:17 PM

Great point, r144.

Like I said in several posts back. I only watched the first and second season. I didn't watch the third and the fourth season of the show because I was investing in watching the remake of Hawaii Five-O. If it hadn't been for the remake of H5-O I would have been watching. Then again, I didn't want to see the same thing over and over whether Rick Castle and Kate Beckett get together or not. Plus, it would have drained me as a viewer.

I was sad to find out that Capt. Roy Montgomery got killed off the show. He was one of my favorite characters on the show.

I believe that Nathan Fillion out of everyone else will be a major star. The rest of them will be working actors.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2012 8:16 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2012 9:54 AM

Anybody home?

by Anonymousreply 147January 17, 2013 9:39 PM

Nathan a big star? with that shape? LOL

the dude looks like he is in his 50's the only ones in that cast..that can become a big star is Stana and Molly no one else!

by Anonymousreply 148February 7, 2013 8:45 PM

Stana is more of a supporting actress than a lead actress.

by Anonymousreply 149March 1, 2013 11:03 PM

Why does the media compare Castle to Bones?

by Anonymousreply 150March 3, 2013 5:40 PM

supporting actress? she actually has more screentime than nathan. whether you think she's good or not, you can't deny she does all the heavy work on the show. nathan is just playing himself (in fact his brother said the same) what is unfair is one his paid more than the other but that's nothing new in tv biz...

by Anonymousreply 151March 7, 2013 10:56 PM

Great point, r151.

by Anonymousreply 152March 8, 2013 2:39 PM

Molly Quinn?

by Anonymousreply 153March 9, 2013 3:39 PM

Supporting Actress? yeah right..she own the damn show and have the dramatic work in her shoulders!

by Anonymousreply 154March 10, 2013 11:26 PM

Don't call me an idiot, r154.

by Anonymousreply 155March 11, 2013 11:16 PM

Troll idiot?

by Anonymousreply 156March 12, 2013 1:21 PM

[quote]Can we just make this the Official Jon Huertas Is Hot As Fuck thread?

He was so hot when he was on "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" as a witch-hunter. He had so much chemistry with the guy that played Sabrina's boyfriend Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 157March 12, 2013 7:05 PM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 158March 13, 2013 7:19 PM

When Stephen J. Cannell died in 2010, the writing on Castle suffered.

by Anonymousreply 159March 14, 2013 7:48 PM

R159 Nothing to do with cannell, he didn't have any creative input, he just guested on the show. no the big mistake is letting Marlowe run the ship. the man did a fine job for the pilot, then jose molina and some good writers quitted, and he thought he could do a good job, too much focus on the procedural (which isn't there forte since its a dramedy) and secondary characters. also they have the worst writers now, an untalented wardrobe designer thanks to budget cuts...the only good thing is rob bowman. they had a chance to start new this year by putting Castle and Beckett together, but they chickened out leaving the relationship part off screen.

by Anonymousreply 160March 15, 2013 2:05 AM

Susan Sullivan?

by Anonymousreply 161March 20, 2013 9:00 PM

Anybody home this morning?

by Anonymousreply 162March 24, 2013 3:28 PM

Beckett and Castle need to break up. They're the most boring couple on television.

Ryan and Esposito need to get together. They're obviously in love.

by Anonymousreply 163April 23, 2013 6:08 PM

Is it true that Stana and Nathan don't get along in real life?

by Anonymousreply 164April 27, 2013 11:43 PM

R164 I think they are just two different people, with different interests. Jon Huertas said Stana does not have a mean bone in her body. Victor (Josh) got along with them both but he said Nathan acts like a 12 year old. Said he was very playful. Josh used the words interesting and amazing when describing Stana. Jon and Tamala Jones have used the same words to describe her. Victor said that she is very, very smart. She was pre- international law in school as well as Astrophyic ( or something heavy like that). According to her interviews she is more diverse in her interests. She is a world traveler. Her interests involve exploring different cultures. Nathan seems to be the 'boy next door'. He was going to be a teacher. They probably have little in common. All the guest stars said that when Stana is working she is very professional and is as serious as a heart attack. Nathan and Stana would probably bore each other after they've said good morning.

by Anonymousreply 165May 23, 2013 7:05 AM

I agree that it is probably not a matter of dislike but more of the differences in interest and personaly. Yet, having said that,I have recently viewed brief sessions of them filming on set, on youtube. I have noticed that when the short session is over they barely acknowledge each other. There is one that shows them coming out of a cafe (or something), Nathan leaves in front of Stana and two other ladies, he does not hold the door for them. There are people where I work that I have very little in common with, yet we interact on the job. They work long hours almost everyday maybe they've said everything they have to say. Just saying... Hmmm??? They both seem to be likeable people. Those who have worked with them say that Stana is a sweetheart and that Nathan is a real gentleman. I therefore ask myself if it is my imagination. The other logic is whether ego is involved. Most people now acknowledge that 'Castle' has morphed into the 'Beckett' show. The scripts are Kate Beckett driven. If the Beckett character was to be removed there is no show. Fillion is alright but I don't believe he could carry the show on his back like Stana does. My friend said that he believes that Nathan, like a lot of men, is intimidated by a beautiful woman although they pretend they can handle it. My friend also said that if her talent exceeds his and yet if Nathan was hired as the lead of the show, he would probably simply be jealous. I do not know. My friend(male) said he too would probably be a little jealous. He said Nathan is human and male too. (Whatever that is suppose to mean).

by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2013 4:48 AM

I hope Beckett takes the FBI job. It's not like they're anchored to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2013 5:55 AM

Next?

by Anonymousreply 168May 30, 2013 8:22 PM

Nathan probably wishes that he was still on Firefly. My two cents.

by Anonymousreply 169June 2, 2013 10:35 PM

R169 I wish he was also. Then they good get a handsome leading man for Beckett to compliment her beauty. Especially one who knows how to screen kiss. Help, Victor Webster (Dr. Motorcycle Boy, Josh!) If Nathan went to Firefly (what a silly name), I hope people would watch it this time around, so he could stay there.

by Anonymousreply 170June 3, 2013 6:25 AM

R He is too old and too fat for Firefly now.

by Anonymousreply 171June 3, 2013 8:12 AM

Recommendation to Castle fans. View (youtube)commentary for A Death In The Family. There are two versions. One video includes comments by Marlowe, Bowman, Huertas, Molly, Stana and Nathan. The other video (same episode) contains comments by Jon and Dever. I suggest viewing the former first, which includes Marlowe. Some personality trait while not overt, are very revealing. Give attention to who pays attention to whom, who pays attention to what, who compliments whom, who is protective of whom, who interacts with whom, who has insight regarding the process of storytelling. Your guide to individual personality traits will be to lend attention to what is important to whom. The devil is in the details. Very revealing. (I'll give a spoiler, Jon is very intuitive, outspoken and very manly. He steps up to the plate.)

by Anonymousreply 172June 17, 2013 11:17 PM

I am sure that Susan Sulliva gets tired of Nathan Fillion's diva attitude on the set.

by Anonymousreply 173July 21, 2013 10:06 PM

lol susan is the diva numero uno, then you have molly quinn...

by Anonymousreply 174July 21, 2013 10:19 PM

Molly is going to be a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 175July 21, 2013 10:24 PM

(R173) (R175) Susan likes Nathan. Molly might be a big star. You cannot guess these things or eliminate the luck factor. Right now she is a bit bland and ordinary looking. But she is young and you can never guess.

by Anonymousreply 176July 22, 2013 6:13 AM

Molly is NOT ordinary looking.

by Anonymousreply 177July 22, 2013 6:19 AM

Molly looks like she's got her head on straight.

by Anonymousreply 178July 22, 2013 2:02 PM

I think she does R178 - and think she will transition well.

by Anonymousreply 179July 23, 2013 8:00 PM

Agreed, r179.

by Anonymousreply 180July 26, 2013 6:05 PM

What about Tamala Jones? How do the cast members feel about here?

by Anonymousreply 181July 27, 2013 6:48 PM

(R181) Liked by all. She comments on the fun that they have on set. She and Molly have lunch together on days when they are both working. Molly has commented on their friendship. She admires Tamala. Tamala really likes Nathan. She likes his jokes and his playful nature. She has stated that she and Stana have 'girl' talks sometimes, about marriage and children. Tamala has stated to Stana that she is very beautiful (I get the impression that Tamala thinks that this is not a priority for Stana). She has stated in a few interviews that Stana is a very hard worker and truly has a heart of gold. She said that all the crew and producers children really like Stana. I get the impression that Tamala is easy to get along with. I wish she was utilized more.

by Anonymousreply 182July 27, 2013 10:00 PM

I agree that I like Susan Sullivan better as a blonde.

by Anonymousreply 183July 27, 2013 10:44 PM

Thanks, r182.

by Anonymousreply 184July 27, 2013 11:06 PM

What about the guy who played Capt. Roy Montgomery? What did the cast members thought of him?

by Anonymousreply 185July 31, 2013 7:10 PM

Reuben was liked by all. Fillion and Katic visited him seperately in NYC at his play. Fillion recently had dinner with him. Reuben is a lovely man and well liked, shame Marlowe wrote him out.

by Anonymousreply 186July 31, 2013 10:41 PM

(R186) Do you believe Reuben requested to leave? His interest is with the theater. He was liked and respected for his work, by all. Maybe he realized TV was not his thing and did what he had to do.

by Anonymousreply 187August 1, 2013 3:55 AM

Thanks for the info, r186.

by Anonymousreply 188August 1, 2013 8:42 AM

R187 no they really killed off his character for drama purposes. He then whined on twitter many times how he missed being in castle, tweeting fans to tell marlowe and co. to bring him back etc. Kinda was embarassing for a while. Then he got his luck in theater, he stopped and moved on.

by Anonymousreply 189August 1, 2013 12:09 PM

I am glad that Rueben was able to move on from Castle to do theater work, r189.

by Anonymousreply 190August 1, 2013 2:14 PM

R187 Rumours were he wanted out of a tv schedule acting life and wanted to do more theatre. This is false his character was killed for 'dramatic' effect. But that was nearly 3 years ago everyone has moved on

by Anonymousreply 191August 1, 2013 6:01 PM

Many times an actor seeks TV jobs because they need the money. We all know that showbiz is an up and down situation. It pays well but the shelf life for success is short, if at all.. Unless you are a so-called a-list actor (Brad, George, Denzel, Julia, Sandra) it is difficult to make a living. Also, LA is a very expensive city to reside. The stage does not pay as much as film and NY is even more expensive. Maybe, monetarily he simply needed the Castle gig.

by Anonymousreply 192August 1, 2013 8:45 PM

That is so true, r192.

by Anonymousreply 193August 2, 2013 7:03 PM

What does Andrew Marlowe think of Castle now? Does he think the show is an embarrassment now instead of the earlier seasons of the show?

by Anonymousreply 194August 2, 2013 10:58 PM

(R194) I do not think he is disappointed but that he realizes that any show after 5 yrs running, needs a shot in the arm. Thus, the possibility of Beckett taking a DC job is very open for new exploration and ideas. Note the constant leaks of guest stars during the first few episodes of season 6. Emphasis, so far, seems to be centered on Beckett's new position. It has been announced that somebody called Warren Christie will play a reporter in an episode. Google that guy. He is one handsome fellow (not overweight either). In the past people have commented that the show should be renamed the Beckett show. I found that somewhat amusing, with tongue in cheek. I did not take it too seriously. BUT, the press release of the casting indicates a change in direction. I now believe ABC sees the shows' future in Beckett (Stana). She was already carrying more than her share of the load. Was in practically every scene. Watershed, I now believe, was about a turning point in the Castle/Beckett relationship. A romantic relationship involves at least two people and their feelings, hopes and dreams. BUT,in Watershed we saw the relationship more from a Beckett point of view. Castle was considered but not as much as Beckett. Maybe the real story of Nathan's one-day disappearance had other meaning for him. That is, the evolution of the 'Beckett show'. After all, the man has feelings and ego just like everyone else. If my theory is correct, he may want more than a 4-day work week. What do you think? I still believe Nathan needs attention, that he likes being center stage. Sadly, those days may have gone with his youth and weight gain. (Everyone has 15 minutes of fame-Andy Warhol, then it is gone).

by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2013 9:32 PM

Thanks for the info, r195.

by Anonymousreply 196August 4, 2013 1:28 PM

R195 no need for parenthesis to answer a post just type R and the number.

by Anonymousreply 197August 4, 2013 3:45 PM

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 198August 4, 2013 7:54 PM

If the writing of the show was better I would have kept on watching it. It just got too predictable for me.

by Anonymousreply 199August 6, 2013 9:49 AM

What about Esposito and Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 200August 7, 2013 10:04 AM

R200 I believe they will be around as usual. Who says that Kate will remain with her new job. Remember, Marlowe is a good storyteller. he will be able to incorporate the cast into the story telling. It was noted on Stana's twitter page that 'Marlowe loves everyone'. I do not believe this was noted randomly. Maybe some feelings of doubt crept into the regular cast members and Stana was simply taking care of others in her own way. Jon has said that for Stana everything is heartfelt and that she does not have a mean bone in her body. Look at the playful pictures of she and Marlowe (taken by Lisa). They indicate that their relationship is more than boss and employee, it also includes a friendship. Also she has stated in a few interviews that Marlowe has asked her into his office to discuss a script, ie. what he is reaching for with some of the lines. In the commentary video for S1-05 that includes Bowman, Marlowe, Jon, Nathan, Molly and Stana, note that Bowman, Molly and Jon comment on her acting skills but it is she who takes a moment to cite Tamala (who was not present) as being a part of the team. It came natural to her. It's the small things that are most revealing sometimes. To note that 'Marlowe loves everyone' is to include the others on the team. I think the others know she and Marlowe have a friendship and respect for each other. Some fans say that she is his pet. I disagree. I think he simply likes and respects her hard work and talent. She probably is in on the fact that Esposito and Ryan will be taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 201August 7, 2013 5:52 PM

Thanks for the info R201

by Anonymousreply 202August 7, 2013 7:07 PM

Stana fans are in a tizzy on twitter hoping to get some new photos as Stana is scheduled to be a guest at tonight's Elysium premiere. Wonder if her weird husband will go with her.

by Anonymousreply 203August 7, 2013 7:17 PM

r203 lol he didn't and she looked awesome

by Anonymousreply 204August 8, 2013 11:01 AM

I think the fact that Stana for being Marlowe's pet must be infuriating Nathan.

by Anonymousreply 205August 10, 2013 12:25 PM

R205 I cannot debate how Nathan may view Stana as being Marlowe's pet, but I continue to believe that it is more the fact that Marlowe has found a common ground, a kindred spirit with Stana and therefore can relate to her more. She is not necessarily his pet. He has stated that 'Beckett' reminds him of himself. Although he created Beckett, it is Stana who personifies Beckett. He said the show is a love story dedicated to his wife, Terri. Stana is viewed in a good light by the other cast members also. At an awards show (PCA,I believe) when the cast was asked what they attributed to the success of the show as rating were slowly increasing. They cited the backing of ABC and Susan S. said it was because they had the most beautiful and talented co-star on TV. Penny agreed and Stana lowered her head and thanked them. When Penny was first hired Stana interviewed her for some newsletter (whatever) and Penny stated in the interview that she had done some reading on Stana and had tuned in to observe Stana's work. Seamus' wife has said more than once that she wants to work with Stana. Molly has said the same. Bowman is always saying 'good work' Stana. Terri said she now considers Stana a friend and she admires how she plays Beckett. Jon just thinks the world of her. Even Lisa has come to admire Stana. She told Stana that if a spin off of Castle is done , it should involve she and Stana. Does she think that Stana has some clout with somebody? If so, it would have to include the network. She is no more their pet than she is Marlowe's pet. I believe she's just likeable and respected for her hard work. Nathan is liked and admired by all, but the difference is he needs more attention. Attention tends to embarrass Stana. Nathan's loyal fans ignore or debate the fact that Stana is the star of the show. I do not think it was by design, she simply evolved to it or did the network have some input. Marlowe has observed Stana. She has emerged as the leader of the group. He writes to her strengths. He writes to each person's strength. Nathan may simply want 4 days of work with no secret motive behind his request. Or he maybe slightly jealous of Marlowe and Stana's relationship. Who Knows. Since we don't know, let's give him the benefit of doubt.

by Anonymousreply 206August 10, 2013 8:38 PM

Stanais married? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 207August 15, 2013 7:16 PM

lifenews.ca/announcement/1900952-katic-manda According to this since 2009

by Anonymousreply 208August 15, 2013 9:15 PM

that doesn't mean she is married

by Anonymousreply 209August 16, 2013 5:15 PM

I still want Esposito to pound the fuck out of Ryan's fuzzy Irish ass. Right on a precinct desk.

You know Ryan wants that big papi chulo dick up in him, too.

by Anonymousreply 210August 16, 2013 5:20 PM

I bet this show ends at the end of this season.

by Anonymousreply 211August 17, 2013 12:37 AM

Why do you say that, r211?

by Anonymousreply 212August 27, 2013 7:30 PM

R212 Because if its goes into a season 7 I don't think Marlowe has it in him to keep the cases fresh etc. Have it end them getting married at the end of season 6 and leave it at that. Don't let it die a slow painful death.

by Anonymousreply 213August 27, 2013 8:05 PM

R213 You have a point. But having Beckett accept or checking out a new job could be a way to add freshness to the show. A show tends to get stale after 6 or 7 seasons. I was crazy for ER for years until I simply stopped watching. If I had to hear "crack the chest' one more time... I am not bored with Castle yet because I discovered it late. Had to play catch up on TNT, back to back episodes. If Marlowe is able to move Castle and Beckett from foreplay to honeymoon stage to tension stage with a new role for Beckett and Castle and the other cast members having to re-invent themselves to adjust to her new role-playing, Eureka, it's a new show. Marlowe has made Beckett the focal character for this show.

by Anonymousreply 214August 28, 2013 12:56 AM

I agree with you R213.

by Anonymousreply 215August 29, 2013 7:45 PM

R205 I have been rejecting the idea that Stana is Marlowe's pet, although others tend to believe this. But a recent review of S6-E1, may support others. The reviewer concluded by stating, 'our female lead is driving this episode from start to finish. We all know Katic can act her butt off, but this episode leaves no doubts to anyone who thought otherwise. Beckett has two life changing decisions to make and no matter the answers, Katie shines throughout. Katie is brilliant.' Marlowe has admitted that he has the final approval of script writing and direction of the script. Therefore, he has allowed Stana to again to assume the lead role. Hmmm, food for thought. Also, Stana was told what Beckett's answer would be before Nathan. I still cling to the notion that Marlowe is embracing her talents more than favoritism. But my belief is beginning to waiver a bit. Also, Jacko Sims, (to be featured in an upcoming episode) referred to her as the star of the show (not the co-star). Was he responding to what he observed? This brings me to Nathan asking for a 4-day work week. Has he conceded and not see the need for him to be on set as much if Stana is going to drive the show. I don't see Nathan as petty or lazy, but realistic. Does Marlowe see Stana as the savior of the show? Jon has said that her contribution is what has maade the show 'dope'.

by Anonymousreply 216September 7, 2013 4:37 AM

Bump this thread.

by Anonymousreply 217September 23, 2013 4:24 PM

i hope his fat ass dies in the next episode.

and alexis's hippy vegan boyfriend is fugly.

by Anonymousreply 218September 27, 2013 9:06 PM

R218 I do not necessarily hope his character dies soon, but I can no longer vision him as a romantic lead. I really do try but he just does not fit.Seemed alright in the first year but as he gained weight he got more unattractive. Plus, why do they insist on writing his character as silly? The other characters are working for me. Jon is simply adorable and manly. When Nathan plays out a scene I sometime imagine how Josh (Victor Webster) would have played it out, adding his ruggedly handsome looks. I wonder if they regret hiring Nathan for the part.

by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2013 8:33 PM

anybody watched the paley event with the cast? what's up with stana and nathan? it was so awkward to watch. they still dont get along?

by Anonymousreply 220October 3, 2013 4:16 AM

R220 Just recently watched it. I've noted fans commenting on this aspect in the past and I paid little attention to the comments. Thought it was simply personality differences. But there was a herd of elephants in that place. Start with seating arrangements plus absolutely no interaction. Nathan seemed to try at one point when he commented on how Jon obeys her orders with 'as you wish' response, from 'The Princess Bride'. Nathan was joking but it fell flat. Neither Jon, Stana nor Seamus followed up. With the attention to her hair, producers (and her) discussing her reaction to taping in HD, and the audience questions being mostly directed to her. The moderator and Susan, enchanted with her hair. She politely deflected the attention from her, using Seamus. The girl from Romania was simply nervous and tongue tied in her presence. The guy who saw her and Andrew at USC , wanted more. Stana was clearly the star of the evening. She seemed tired, but yet she was able speak intelligently as usual. When Seamus and the moderator said she has it all, regarding Beckett, they made no secret that they were referring to Stana. Stana got embarased and of did her usual, dropped her head. My point is, do you think the attention is affecting their relationship? Something clearly has happened. Yet the outtakes show them still having a good time. (View bloopers from S5). Note: I felt sorry for Nathan a couple of times when he was acting goofy, trying to joke. Didn't work. Nathan is not a stupid man. Why does he need this silliness. It only serves to point out Stana's investment in her character and the show. Nathan's contribution on the panel was to suggest producers bring back his friends. Why? It is not as if they are big stars with great acting abilities. They don't need him to beg for them. Nathan just likes to feel needed. Maybe he no longer feels needed, in the manner that he desires. It is obvious that when you listen to Andrew discussing why he allowed the audience to follow Beckett to DC., that he expressing that he needs the Beckett character. Is this affecting Nathan and Stana's relationship?

by Anonymousreply 221October 4, 2013 12:17 AM

apparently both stana and nathan were filming and arrived late so it explained why stana looked tired and sometimes drunk. nathan kept talking about the crew and deflected most questions to andrew marlowe. if anyone has any doubt on how bored he is should watch this panel. to a reporter he suggested his stunt double should replace him for his kissing scenes with stana. dunno if that was a joke or he really can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 222October 4, 2013 5:04 PM

R222 I have been trying to give Nathan the benefit of doubt since we truly do not know him and his motives. But he is not helping. Maybe he is just bored. Castle is probably not his type of venue. But more than anything I've come to realize that maybe it is that Nathan has no knack for serious drama. His strong suit is probably comedy. Personally, I do not find him amusing. He comes off as a child in a grown man's body, for me. Josh (Victor Webster said he acts like a twelve year old. I so pitied him when he attempted humor at Bowman's expense, when Bowman was explaining High Definition to the audience. Bowman said to him, 'you just destroyed my credibility'. At this point Andrew said let's move. Stana and Seaman both dropped their heads. Jon did not smile, he just looked at him. I found it to be awkward for Nathan. When Bowman that Stana does not like HD and she went on to explain herself, you could tell she wants to give people quality, while Nathan joked. Stana was sounded so intelligentd when explaining, since she admitted that she is not a film maker. This moment was so revealing.The producers respect Stana and her efforts. Nathan has become an accessory, but he put himself in that position. Note: nathan looked a little betterr. Maybe he lost some weight.

by Anonymousreply 223October 4, 2013 7:00 PM

yeah he looks good lately, he going to guest star in community, it'll be interesting to see his comedy chops. although community got boring and i can't stand dan harmon

by Anonymousreply 224October 4, 2013 8:14 PM

R224 I've not heard of Community or Dan Harmon. Is this show on ABC? The black suit and shirt helped to improve Nathan's appearance. Note: Nathan comes off as a nice and mannered guy. But I sense that he would bore me. No sex appeal in my opinion. Nice as a best friend, but not a romantic partner. This lack of innate sex appeal does not promote him as a romantic lead. Whereas the Beckett character is sexy without giving it much effort. I am trying, but they do not complement each other romantically. Friends, yes. It is the writing that is holding it together for me. It is the interaction with Expo and Ryan. It is the trust she has in Lanie where she is able to discuss personal matters.You can truly buy into their support of Beckett and having her back. Castle too, but more as a friend who admires Beckett. If Stana was a terrible actress I would have checked out long ago. I buy into the Beckett onion.

by Anonymousreply 225October 4, 2013 11:02 PM

Wow. The sexy Antonio Sabatto Jr. is reduced to a tiny bit-part on an episode of Castle?

Still hot as ever, but damn!

by Anonymousreply 226October 8, 2013 2:12 AM

Wow Gillian and David really get along now. Maybe that will be Stana and Nathan in 10 years

by Anonymousreply 227October 13, 2013 8:27 AM

I have noted the comments on Nathan's weight gain. I had also thought he had lost a couple of pounds this season. But while viewing last night's show, I was again observing not only his weight gain but also the change in his facial features. The total package shows weight gain with an attempt at disguise by use of those over size jackets. His big arse still is noted. His gut overhangs his waistline, his nose has an odd shape, his face is bloated and to add insult to injury he is now developing a double chin. The man presents a total mess. With that being said I believe he is a sensitive, nice guy. But he just does not fit romantic leading man. the writers seems to have abandoned the romance between Castle and Beckett. They are playing more to Nathan's comedic side, his strong suit Except for me his instances of comedy are simply silly. Marlowe can forget 'The Thin Man' imitation. Try renting or accessing netflix for that series. William Powell played goofy so well, while maintaining a muted sophistication and debonair quality. Myna Loy tolerated his antics because they did not reach the level silly. Funny, yes- Silly, no way. ( My speculation is that somehow alcohol is impacting Nathan's appearance. Keep an eye on a person who starts to miss workdays with weak excuses.)

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2013 7:50 AM

Is it just me or is Alexis (Castle's daughter) following in the footsteps of her dad... she seems to have put on weight, and she's nowhere near as good looking as she was only last season. What the hell? Every time I see her face now, I cringe.

by Anonymousreply 229November 5, 2013 2:14 AM

Gunman at the Garden State Plaza interrupted "Castle" broadcast!

by Anonymousreply 230November 5, 2013 2:30 AM

R229 - Molly is still slim.

by Anonymousreply 231November 5, 2013 3:56 AM

231, someone should tell her face. Not really talking about her body.

by Anonymousreply 232November 5, 2013 4:13 AM

R232 Molly looks OK. She's still young and is just emerging from her teen years. She may become a beauty when she transitions to early adult. Being a ginger with pale skin makes her plain looking now, but there exist some possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 233November 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Baconnnnnnnnnnnnnn mmmphhhh.

by Anonymousreply 234November 7, 2013 12:09 PM

If I recall correctly, Abby from Scandal played Alexis' mom.

by Anonymousreply 235November 7, 2013 9:33 PM

Honestly, the show has become so formula that it's almost a parody. There's always that moment when Castle sees something at the end and the light goes on "BING!", and he makes some improbable connection that solves the case. It's like clockwork.

The last episode was "IT'S A CLOCK!"

Good lord. I thing I'm just done with this show. I really used to like it, but now... meh.

I think I'm done with Bones too.

by Anonymousreply 236November 7, 2013 11:08 PM

Molly is looking like a more attractive Laura Prepon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 8, 2013 1:39 AM

The one with Alexis and Castle solving the case to save the guy on death row was touching.

by Anonymousreply 238November 10, 2013 12:09 AM

Alexis has been such a cunt this season... I can't stand her character any more.

by Anonymousreply 239November 10, 2013 12:19 AM

I think it's fitting given that she's 19 and is trying to gain some independence.

by Anonymousreply 240November 10, 2013 12:21 AM

Is the show running out of ideas?

by Anonymousreply 241November 28, 2013 10:44 PM

I like Castle and Alexis making up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 16, 2013 1:59 AM

Finally, a DL thread my 81yo grandmother can enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 243December 16, 2013 2:03 AM

LOL R243

by Anonymousreply 244December 16, 2013 3:19 AM

Molly Quinn interview talking about season 7 among other things. She seems to never stop talking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 29, 2014 9:20 PM

Nathan on the show runner change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 29, 2014 9:34 PM

Nathan looks good.

by Anonymousreply 247August 30, 2014 2:27 AM

anyone watch the season premiere?

by Anonymousreply 248October 4, 2014 11:53 PM

Is anyone watchng?

by Anonymousreply 249January 8, 2015 1:24 AM

Molly Quinn grew up nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 13, 2015 10:36 PM

Hate Molly Quinn. Her character is sickening.

by Anonymousreply 251April 18, 2015 12:49 PM

Yes! Yes!

EVERYONE IS GREAT!

Great! Great! Great

The Greatest Story Ever Told!!

by Anonymousreply 252April 18, 2015 1:07 PM

Castle looks as though he's been spending a lot of time at White Castle.

by Anonymousreply 253April 18, 2015 1:10 PM

This thread is five years old. Who's running out of ideas?

by Anonymousreply 254April 18, 2015 1:13 PM

Castle is pure muscle.

by Anonymousreply 255April 18, 2015 1:51 PM

Esposito and Ryan need to finally consummate their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 256April 18, 2015 1:58 PM

R251 - Molly plays Alexis very well, and Alexis is very typical of a smart but somewhat self entitled 20 year old.

by Anonymousreply 257April 18, 2015 9:42 PM

she plays a smug little turd nauseatingly well. the worst thing about the show.

by Anonymousreply 258April 19, 2015 1:26 AM

Why the Alexis hate?

by Anonymousreply 259April 19, 2015 3:23 AM

I'm hearing that Stana Katic is leaving the show after this season.

by Anonymousreply 260April 19, 2015 11:02 AM

The show should end on a high note.

by Anonymousreply 261April 19, 2015 10:23 PM

‘Castle’ Season 8: Stana Katic’s New Contract Negotiation Update

There is still no news on whether ABC has renewed “Castle” for Season 8. And Stana Katic, who plays homicide detective Kate Beckett, has not yet signed on her new contract. The contract negotiations are still going on between her and the producer of the show, ABC Studios. TV Line has hinted that the outcome of this negotiation is likely to be positive. Katic’s contract is up for renewal after “Castle” Season 7 wraps up.

Micheal Ausiello of TV Line has reported in his weekly Ask Ausiello column that he is “hearing encouraging news on the state of Stana Katic’s Castle negotiations.”

ABC has confirmed that Nathan Fillion, who plays Rick Castle on the show, has already completed his negotiation and has signed on a one year contact. If the show is renewed for another season, Fillion will be returning. There is no news on who else has signed on the new contract. The contracts of all the actors were up for renewal after the production of the current season.

Meanwhile, David Amann, the current showrunner, will not be returning if there is another season. He is exiting “Castle” to explore other project opportunities. He had taken over the reins of the showrunner from series creator Andrew Marlowe after “Castle” Season 6 wrapped up. There are reports that ABC is looking for a new showrunner, which virtually confirms that the show will be returning with Season 8 this fall. And TV Line has reported that Marlowe and executive producer Terri Edda Miller are unlikely to be associated with the show as a writer or producer. These two are expected to focus on development.

In an interview given in November, Katic told TV Line that for her it is art over finance and if they are creating “something that is compelling and that has somewhere to go, then we’re good to go.” The actress added that if they are not, then “it’s time for everyone to pack up and move onto the next thing.”

“Castle” Season 7 airs its final episode on May 11. The episode is titled “Hollander’s Woods.” It is going to reveal interesting details about Castle’s childhood and why he became a writer. The episode is expected to end on a cliff-hanger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 25, 2015 4:41 PM

Castle did have a good run. They really did. I only watched the show until the second season.

by Anonymousreply 263December 30, 2016 6:24 PM

Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic are no longer relevant ever since the show went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 264January 1, 2017 10:12 PM

Molly Quinn Interview at Golden Trailer Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 27, 2018 12:15 PM

r263 Did you bump this thread after a year and a half of no activity to wrap up all your business before you blew your brains out on New Year's Eve the next day? Like a salmon coming home to die sort of thing? Please confirm you're still with us, gentle OP.

by Anonymousreply 266June 27, 2018 12:46 PM

Is "Castle" worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 267June 27, 2018 1:53 PM

Yes, r266.

P.S. I had not watched Castle since the second season.

by Anonymousreply 268June 28, 2018 11:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!