Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

First in a series of tapes from the messages of the former Mrs. Betty Broderick!

"You guys, you're missing a gorgeous roast beef family Sunday dinner like we've always had. I hope you enjoying dog food with the CUNT!"

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 16001/28/2015

I just pulled a really long booger from my right nostril.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 107/25/2010

That lady was BATSHIT.%0D %0D Is she shupposed to ever get out of prison?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 207/25/2010

Is this for real? I really have always felt for Betty Broderick, even though there is no excuse for what she did. Still, if you've ever had your husband (or life partner!) leave you for someone else, you know that the pain is incrediblel. I had it twice happen to me and it took me years to recover.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 307/25/2010

100% real. And the first of a series! From The Until The Twelfth of Never, by Bella Stumbo.

Thanks for your support Bev, cunt!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 407/25/2010

Fuckhead, you're right back where you started with not talking to me.. now you've got to settle with me so I can leave you and the CUNT in your little idyllic mansion in the SLUMS there. I'd be more than delighted to do that, but I WANT MY MONEY! So you promised you'd talk about it at 10 today. Obviously, you don't know how to tell time. Bye."

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 507/25/2010

Just like Mel!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 607/25/2010

Could she see his dick from behind?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 707/25/2010

That is an AMAZING question # 7. AMAY-ZEENG. Let us investigate. Sizemeat verificata?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 807/25/2010

Taken out of context these messages do seem a bit looney, but you have to remember that she was in a LOT of PAIN! Until you've walked in someone else's shoes its really difficult to understand what they're going through. I am not defending her actions, but its really hard to take when your husband (or significant other!) leaves you for a younger model.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 907/25/2010

Bev, I agree with you actually.

Dan Broderick was a dick. She got a raw deal, for real.

But murder is kinda wrong! (But I understand why she did it.)

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1007/25/2010

If anyone wants to know the entire, unbiased story of Dan and Betty Broderick they should read "Until the Twelth of Never" by Bella Strumbo. It's one of the best true crime novels I've ever read. Strumbo knows the characters in this story inside and out; it's like she knew every one of them personally. She's that insightful. %0D %0D There were very few sympathetic characters. Betty was a nutcase. Dan was an arrogant, cold-hearted SOB. And his mistress Linda Kolkena was a bimbo. All three of them were materialistic and supremely selfish. The only characters who gained my sympathy were the Broderick sons Danny and Rhett and the parents of Betty, Dan, and Linda.%0D %0D Betty will probably die in prison. Her bid for parole (after 19 years in jail) was turned down because she still to this day will not profusely apologize and express guilt and remorse for what she did.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1107/25/2010

I have the TV movies on dvd, it's a camp classic. Excellent haunting theme by Mark Snow too (best known for the X-Files theme.)

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1207/25/2010

I always preferred Meredith's rants:

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1307/25/2010

Yo #11. Where the fuck did I say that I was getting these quotes from?

Pay attention! PUH-LEEZE!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1507/25/2010

Nobody did Betty better than Mary Katherine Gallagher.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1707/25/2010

Betty was not in pain from losing her husband. She was furious at losing her life style and status. She was a grasping climbing bitch from day one in her marriage and she made Dan miserable. But Dan the good little Catholic didn't regain his balls until years later when he finally left.%0D %0D It's plain as day that Betty cared for no one but herself - not her husband, not her children, not their families. %0D %0D I am positive that she is still thrilled that she killed Dan but especially thrilled that she killed Linda. From all accounts Linda was a very sweet and loving young woman and that is very appealing to a man who has a banshee at home. %0D %0D She should never be released. Her crimes are worse than those of Leslie van Houten. Betty was a grown, mature woman with a clear agenda. Betty killed the father of her children and denied them his love and presence in their lives. Not to mention the hell she put them through before the murders and after. Betty also has zero remorse unlike van Houten and is probely more likely to offend.%0D %0D They played a lot of these tapes at her trials. Listening to her children beg her to stop with the messages and her language is sad.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1807/25/2010

Was Linda "The Cunt" Kolkena really a dear, sweet woman?

From Bella's book she sounded annoying, and was fired from an airline for FUCKING a passenger.

"Just SAYIN!"

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 1907/25/2010

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love her more!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2007/25/2010

This message is for FUCKHEAD and THE CUNT!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2107/25/2010

R19, what about having sex with someone, even at work, means you are not a sweet, loving person? Are you sure you're at the right place?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2207/25/2010

Good point, cunt.

But read the book, she is not saint.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2307/25/2010

Who cares if Linda wasn't a saint? Does that rectify her getting shot to death by Betty? %0D %0D I agree with R18. And the fact that some tried to make her out to be the real victim in all of this was shameful. Even the movies (which had her approval) didn't paint her in that great of a light.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2407/25/2010

[quote]Who cares if Linda wasn't a saint? Does that rectify her getting shot to death by Betty? %0D %0D Of course not but she knew going in that she was fucking a married man. If they had lived and he dumped her sagging ass ten years later for a younger version of herself do you think she'd have been cool with that?%0D %0D This case points out the sadness of our culture's current attitude that marriage should end on the mere say-so of one partner who has grown tired of the arrangement. It's odd to read that Betty only cared for herself when she worked multiple jobs for years to support her husband and children. %0D %0D Dan forgot to buy a bolt for the bedroom door. It would have cost three dollars and saved two lives. Betty forgot that you have a moral obligation to turn the gun on yourself and die along with your victims. %0D

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2507/25/2010

But its not what I asked for! So that makes it a piece of crap!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2707/26/2010

[quote]Linda was a young woman who fell in love with her boss. %0D %0D Linda was a young woman who fell in love with her MARRIED boss. Fixed that for you. Being in love doesn't entitle you to happiness at someone else's expense. It would have been lovely and convenient for Linda if Betty had dried up and disappeared but people can be awfully pig-headed when you steal their spouses. %0D %0D Yes, Betty was crazy and she deserves life in prison. But Dan was just as greedy and ambitious as she was. He left medical school to become a medical malpractice attorney. You don't do that for love of humanity. You do that because suing hospitals is more lucrative than working in them. %0D %0D If Dan had paid off Betty ought fair and square instead of lying to her about his affair, selling their house out from under her and going out of his way to crush her spirit he'd be alive today. No doubt he'd be richer than ever and forcing up insurance rates to compensate for the pain and suffering caused by hospitals who let ill people die under their roof.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2807/26/2010

R28, it makes no difference. Stop trying to make it seem as if Linda asked to be murderd in her bed.%0D %0D Dan did finish med school. I know several people who did med school and then law school. It doesn't make you a horrible person. Medical malpractice is a very interesting area of law. No one is debating Dan's ambition. He gambled by leaving a lucrative law firm to set up on his own - that's risky and scary and could have failed. But it seems he worked very hard to make it work and he earned his money. That can be very demanding and exhausting litigation. Again. Not the point. He had an affair and left his marriage. Not deserving of death penalty.%0D %0D Betty was getting huge payments from Dan. She was not being left high and dry by any means. And she thought she would punish Dan by giving him custodial custody of all 4 children which backfired when he ended up relishing and she wasn't eligible for child support anymore.%0D %0D Why are oyu defending this awful human being. Betty is beyond defense. She is still not sorry today.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 2907/26/2010

[quote]This message is for FUCKHEAD and THE CUNT!

Does Betty post here?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3007/26/2010

All this shit about Linda being "sweet and loving" and all she did was "fall in love with her boss"...what horseshit! She was a golddigging slut who was fired from her job as a flight attendant due to "sexual misconduct" on a plane with some male passengers. %0D %0D Dan took one look at the young hot-to-trot blonde bimbo and knew she'd be a good piece of ass; he hired her as his "legal assistant" even though she had little education and no experience at all in the field of medical malpractice litigation. And Linda definitely wanted to ride the dick of a guy who was a millionare attorney, even though he was married and the father of four children. %0D %0D Linda loved to do things to enrage Betty. Betty would call Dan and there would be LINDA's voice on the answering machine cooing "we can't come to the phone right now." Betty would get legal papers from Dan...notarized by his mistress. She apparently enjoyed rubbing salt in Betty's wounds. %0D %0D "Sweet and loving?" I don't think so. Linda Kolkena was the epitome of the office whore.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3107/26/2010

I'm going to sound like a cold-hearted bitch, but I don't have one little bit of sympathy for Dan or Linda Broderick.%0D %0D That man was cruel to Betty, on purpose. She put him through medical school, and when he didn't want to continue his internship, put him through law school, while birthing and raising four children, plus the miscarriages, plus her child who died shortly after birth. He owed her big time, and he instead decided to fuck this little bitch Linda, who KNEW he was married, and knew his wife, and didn't care that she was being a brazen homewrecker.%0D %0D Dan decides to trade Betty, who has stood by him for years, for a younger model, whose body hasn't been affected by multiple pregnancies and deliveries, and then screw her out of her rightful share of marital property and assets, because he can.%0D %0D He took her children away from her....because he could.%0D %0D So, she finally snapped, and shot that piece of shit ex-husband, and his homewrecking bitch. Yeah, there's sympathy from me for them. My sympathy is with Betty, because I don't think she would have snapped had Dan not been systematically mentally abusing her for years on end, and really stepped it up during the divorce to look like the innocent little victim of the crazy woman.%0D %0D So, as far as Dan and Linda go? Especially since Linda was complicit in causing her own death by aggravating Betty more and more, right along with Dan? Fuck 'em, they can rot.%0D %0D I hope Betty gets paroled. I really do. I'd love to buy her a drink.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3207/26/2010

Oh.my.god. When did Betty get internet privileges? Because there can only be one asshole in the world defending that psychobitch. Betty herself.%0D %0D Unless of course we have our usual infusion of brainless and bitter fraus who think the worst sin in the world is leaving your crazy wife. And that you should be murdered for it. %0D %0D Ladies, this is not about you and your fears and bitterness. It is about a double murdered with no remorse even after 20 years. Let the bitch rot in jail where she belongs.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3307/26/2010

"From all accounts Linda was a very sweet and loving young woman..."%0D %0D As I recall from the book, Dan and Linda got so fed-up with Betty's rants that they recorded an answering machine message together to piss her off. That's not very nice; always take the high road.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3407/26/2010

this is what I "love" about the 80s. this psychotic harridan murderer was for a few in the media considered "battered" because everyone was completely hysterical over satanic cults and wife-abuse.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3507/26/2010

WE LOVE YOU BETTY!!!

May Linda and Dan ROT IN HELL!!!!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3607/26/2010

"think the worst sin in the world is leaving your crazy wife."%0D %0D What about leaving your crazy husband or boyfriend?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3707/26/2010

So the Broderick sons. Verificatia of sizemeat?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 3807/26/2010

I read the book, and much as I love the true crime genre, this book was so completely depressing I just threw it away. There was no real justice - those who suffered the most and were punished most severely and unfairly were the children.%0D %0D They were the real victims, and not one of the adults cared enough about them to try and protect them. Betty, Dan and Linda were three of the most outrageously selfish people ever born. %0D %0D

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4007/26/2010

"Fuckhead, who do you think you're kidding? look in the mirror and tell me, who do you think you're kidding? Jesus Christ! You're like a slug with a fancy tie on. Too low to kick, too wet to step on. Does that ring a bell? Love to the CUNT."

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4108/01/2010

By the way, I am really surprised that it didn't come out more about all the witnesses that Dan approached about having Betty KILLED as early in 1983- he was also telling these witnesses that he would also consider divorcing her and driving her crazy. The guy who he tried to talk into killing Betty even spoke with her lawyer. Pretty interesting stuff.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4208/01/2010

I feel sorry for Betty to a certain degree, but the woman was plain nuts. I remember in the TV movie, for Christmas her husband bought her this huge, gorgeous sapphire ring, and she had a major temper tantrum because it wasn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t pear shaped but a marquee cut. I think it stinks that she put him through school, and he turned around and cheated on her. That happens a lot by the way. Another thing, in the divorce, he gave her a mansion in La Jolla California, which is a very, very exclusive very beautiful community near Santa Barbara. Also, he gave her a Mercedes, and 30,000 dollars a month in alimony.

Does anyone know anything about her childhood? All I know is both of them came from very poor backgrounds. Betty must have had a screwed up child hood if she turned out this way. Is this woman getting major therapy in jail? I remember Oprah interviewed Betty in jail many years ago. Betty said, I'm fine in here because I can read a lot and learn a lot. I remember Oprah said, but it's jail. Betty just kept on insisting that being in jail was incredible learning experience. I believe her husband might have taunted her when they divorced because so many lawyers can be rats.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4308/01/2010

"Why do men cheat....because they fear death"

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4508/01/2010

#43, Neither of them grew up poor- In fact they had very comfortable backgrounds.

Linda grew up struggling, not Dan or Betty.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4608/01/2010

R32, I agree with your post.%0D %0D But, last night I was watching an E show featuring Betty and it was said that she was up for parole this past year and she was denied because she is still very angry and hasn't shown any remorse! %0D %0D I was really suprised to hear that! She can't hide her anger,exprees some remorse?? Surely she knows what the parole board wants to hear and she has had nothing but time to plan how she will act and what she is going to say. Shocking! Maybe she doesn't want to get out.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4708/02/2010

[quote]Also, he gave her a Mercedes, and 30,000 dollars a month in alimony. %0D %0D It wasn't 30,000 a month. It was a $30,000 lump sum, period. He used every trick in the book (and apparently CA has lots of them) to penalize her during their divorce proceedings. He had all the lawyers and all the money.%0D %0D All she had was her rage and her gun.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 4808/02/2010

To all you fuckheads and cunts!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5010/24/2010

@Danny, and you knew Linda personally that you can judge her the way you have?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5107/27/2011

I'm sorry, but that piece of trash that Dan left Betty for was not the least bit attractive. She was a skanky piece of crap. Dan threw away sixteen years of marriage for that? WTF was he thinking?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5211/04/2011

Any woman who screws a married man is NOT a sweet, kind anything. Plain and simple. And any woman who is a mistress, screwing a married man is a moron because if he will cheat on his wife with you, he will cheat on you with someone else. When a man leaves the woman who saw him through everything and starts screwing a chick half his age, he deserves whatever he gets. Murder may be a bit harsh, but I have no sympathy for either of them. Betty may be insane, but he made her that way.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5302/10/2013

Dan and Linda were sadistic self absorbed ass hats.

Dan dragged Betty thru court over and over in an effort to screw her out of money that was rightfully hers as a partner in their 16 year marriage. She worked 2 jobs to put him thru law school, she raised their children basically alone. He could easily have afforded to give Betty the settlement she asked for. Instead he hid assets, had his lawyer cronies lie about the value of his practice and retirement fund, and sold off his cars and condos without giving Betty a dime of the proceeds as he was supposed to do per the first divorce agreement.

Linda had a history of sexual misconduct on the job. She gleefully tormented Brtty, sending her "anonymous" pictures of herself with Dan as well as ads for wrinkle cream and diet pills. She was a heinous twat. She also reportedly screwed one of her many ex boyfriends a few weeks before her wedding to Dan. Classy. Like lucite heels kinda classy.

Some people need killing.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5502/24/2013

Lemme out!! Parole hearing Part- I

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5602/24/2013

Pat II- The children speak.

You can tell that DICK of a Judge probably has his own little blonde FUCKHOLE on the side- NO EMPATHY for a woman humiliated!!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5702/24/2013

The Betty Broderick case is, I think, the only murder case where I had zero sympathy for the victims.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5802/24/2013

At least they got a pretty headstone.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 5902/24/2013

Agree r58. Are you the person who was recently asking what the best Betty book was and we all told you the Stumbo one? Just curious because I hope whoever that was did get and read the book. I would almost want Betty to be paroled but I know she feels safe and liked in prison and don't know how she would do out here.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6002/24/2013

Didn't linda look like younger betty?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6102/24/2013

Yes r61 and had Dan lived I'm sure younger looking Linda would have come down the pike soon.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6202/24/2013

I wasn't the poster who asked about the Stumbo book but I have read it, and it's a thorough account of the entire story. I'm not really one for true crime novels, but that one was fantastic - I couldn't stop reading it. The entire story was all there.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6302/24/2013

I loved it too r63. It was very comprehensive. The thread where we all suggested it was called something like "What's this murder case in the 90's where the woman killed her ex?" or something and when I clicked on it I was laughing that someone here could ask such a question so innocently because everyone jumped on him, how could you not know Betty Broderick, etc. It was fun to tell someone about it with all our anti-Linda and Dan fervor and I really hope he did get the book.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6402/24/2013

Danny Broderick today?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6502/24/2013

Wow, Danny looks good. Rhett, not so much. I know their uncle fucking pillaged their inheritance so am glad Danny was able to go to college and make good. God, Dan's family were just jerks.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6602/24/2013

OP, there is no former, until I die I will always be Mrs. Betty Broderick, fuckhead could have married all the cunts in the world but he can't take Broderick away from me!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6702/26/2013

Danny is hot! I'd fuck him.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6802/26/2013

Those of you who mentioned the Stumbo book, thanks. I'm about halfway thro. At first I thought Dan might have Aspergers or something. He was described as "nerdy, bad with social interactions and obsessed with the movie Gone with the Wind." He wore Rhett Butler capes to formal events. Then in reading further, I realized he was just an asshole. He delighted in torturing Betty.

Betty seemed to enjoy taking the role of martyr and also seemed to relate to children better than adults.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 6902/26/2013

Rhett has Dan's old nose. Rhett graduated from Berkley. Rhett was treated very badly by Dan's family because he wanted to have a relationship with his mother. The kids are divided on whether Betty should get out, but they all have a relationship with her. Rhett and Lee want her to be released, Danny and Kim not so much.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7002/26/2013

Let's not whitewash Linda. From what I've read she gleefully took part in taunting and torturing Betty further and deliberately went after a RICH, married man. She was a golddigger hon. Maybe not deserving of death but let's not make her out to be some sweet little innocent. You must be a family member.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7102/26/2013

Lots and lots of unstable dumpees here who have never gotten over it. Until you do, your ex (i.e, your stand-in for Dan Broderick) will own you.

Shit it out and your mental health will improve.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7202/26/2013

Glad you got it r69. I laughed at your assessment of Dan, he's just an asshole. That's what a lot of people in San Diego thought and why it was hard to convict her. I agree that Linda is a bitch too. I think everyone agrees with that.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7302/26/2013

Dan Broderick was not well-liked in San Diego. He had a shady reputation and a lot of people thought he was a total asshole. He didn't deserve to die, of course, but when he did many people just thought "well, he had it coming." Betty was just completely fucking unhinged, but even in spite of that and the murders (which she never should have done) you really can't help but feel some sympathy for her. Betty's big mistake was just not accepting the fact that it was over and going forward. Sometimes you just have to move on, no matter how painful it is or you will lose your mind, and that's exactly what happened to Betty.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7502/26/2013

I know ladies who were at CIW with Betty Broderick and they liked her, but she still LOATHES her husband. I mean she delights in talking about his death at her hands

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7602/26/2013

I also heard that Dan and Linda would send bETTY coupons for wrinkles creams and weight loss products - that's messed up lol

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7702/26/2013

She couldn't get over it b/c he'd string her along (looking at houses, sending flowers, denying he wanted a divorce, fucking her, denying he was seeing Linda, telling her he loved her, calling her from the Notre Dame game drunk (after he'd married Linda) and telling her it reminded him of the happiest times of his life which were with her.

He was stringing her along and she was in denial.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7802/26/2013

[quote] La Jolla California, which is a very, very exclusive very beautiful community near Santa Barbara.

Um, no. La Jolla is a rich enclave of San Diego.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 7902/26/2013

I also got a sort of closeted vibe from him. His drinking, his "dandiness" (he spent more on clothes and grooming (including time in the bathroom) than Betty. He spent most of his free hours with "the boys." He never let Betty see him naked. Sex was perfunctory. I'm sort of surprised he went after a younger woman. His Gone with the Wind obsession. He wore floor length capes for Christ's sake.

The other weird thing was Betty had two uteri, vaginas and cervixes. I didn't even know that was possible.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8002/26/2013

Why did he delight so much in torturing her? After she put him through school and everything? I'm not saying what she did was right, but it's understandable that she snapped.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8102/26/2013

Because r81, he wasn't going to let a woman win! That was his fatal flaw. His fucking ego got in the way of his common sense. Didn't he refuse to install a burglar alarm that could have saved him because he didn't want his life dictated by Betty?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8202/26/2013

"He was described as "nerdy, bad with social interactions..."

Introverts will often seek out extroverts as partners, to 'front' for them.

Oh c'mon, if your nutty ex was calling you and your new partner up don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted to throw a little shade right back at them. Unfortunately, they didn't know what they were messing with.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8302/26/2013

r83 yeah I guess you would be tempted, or you could just be happy with the fact that you are a millionaire and banging a 23 year old. He and Betty never did learn that the best revenge is to live well, which they both could have done. Everyone else seemed to realize the level of crazy Betty was at. Dan should have listened and stopped poking a sleeping tiger.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8402/26/2013

His family did a number on him and taught him that women were housebound servants to the man. He didn't ever hire a maid until Betty left the kids with him (it enraged her further) she'd spent her time looking after the kids and the house all while taking part time jobs. He didn't help and made it clear that after work socializing that he did was more important than looking after the kids. The maid he hired did a shitty job looking after the kids and they were often sent to school sick and dirty.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8502/26/2013

About those pretty tombstones...in Stumbo's book Betty told her attorneys that the expensive caskets that supposedly contained Dan and Linda's remains (their funeral was quite lavish and overblown) were in fact empty. She said they were cremated and the expensive caskets were just for show. If that's true, what happened to their ashes? Were they contained in the coffins and then buried? It was never made clear.

On a blog someone posted that Linda is NOT buried alongside Dan. It was said that Linda's family took possession of her ashes and they were disposed of by them, so Dan is the only one under the big joint tombstone. I don't know if this is true or not, but I can understand how Linda's family might not want her there. Linda's association with Dan Broderick caused her to be reviled and contributed to her early death. I guess they all thought they had it made when Linda married the rich attorney, but it turned out to be the worst decision Linda Kolkena ever made in her life.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8602/26/2013

If I were one of Betty's kids I wouldn't want her out either. Even if I had a relationship with her.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8702/26/2013

They all smell like greedy, selfish, rich republicans.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8802/26/2013

Sometimes you invest and invest in something and it just falls apart. Things die, things end.

Her problem is she had no Plan B. She was Dan's Wife, a Somebody... then she wasn't. In her mind she was a nobody, a zero.

I bet she still feels like nothing, which is dangerous.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 8902/26/2013

The TV movie didn't show the cunt moves that the bimbo Linda pulled on Betty. She would mail her weight loss crap and clippings of her and Dan. What Betty did was wrong but I can see how she was driven to do it.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9002/27/2013

This tragedy was an extreme reaction to the new set of no-fault divorce laws concocted and enacted by California lawyers in the 70s and 80s. Prior to then a woman being divorced against her will would have received at least half the couple's total assets and a stake in her husband's future earnings as well. The new laws were as unfavorable to a divorced woman as the old laws had been generous.

Dan used the law to penalize Betty with malicious glee which made her powerless to curb her wrath and so incur further penalties. It was a vicious circle. If Dan had had the foresight to buy off Betty with three or four million, he'd probably be alive and richer than ever today.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9102/27/2013

Linda used to "notarize" the legal documents to Betty. She talked shit about her all over town. She used the kids as leverage as much as Betty. When they didn't warm up to her immediately, she became mean. She wasn't exactly an angel.

I'm to the point in the book where they taped a call between Betty and an 11 year old Danny Jr. and it's just heartbreaking how poisonous it is. He's begging her not to "use those bad words" anymore and "you've been mad for two years, please stop being mad so that the boys can come live you, just forget about the money for a minute and come get us, we hate it here, forget about the money, you dropped us off here and we don't want to be here, Dad's never home." I lost my sympathy for her.

And yes, whoever said they were obnoxious Republicans is right. Betty and Dan were literally the annoying kids in Animal House who totally missed the point of the 60s and 70s. They were squares trapped in the 50s. When Betty realized that the 50s were over and her husband really did leave her for an office girl, she lost her mind in a spectacular way. She might have been "off" before (she'd bring fake bugs to restaurants to fuck with the servers and popped in fake teeth as a joke) but by all accounts she was one of the greatest mothers ever.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9202/27/2013

Isn't she America's best Christian?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9302/27/2013

R93, they were Catholic (who didn't go to church regularly but did the social groups that the church sponsored to get "their faces out there") That was another reason Betty was incredulous over the developments, she'd been taught that divorce was a mortal sin. Although when she was overwhelmed with taking care of 4 young children, she had an abortion. One she told Dan about (he talked her out of it and the baby died a few days after it was born) and one she did in secret. I'm totally pro-choice but I seriously wonder about the baby who died when Dan was on ski-trip.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9402/27/2013

I think R93 was making a reference to Mrs. Betty Bowers. How'd you like to be a fly on the wall for a meeting of those two?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9502/27/2013

I think of Betty Broderick as Datalounge's patron saint.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9602/27/2013

That doesn't make much sense, R91, as California is a community property state. Betty should still have been entitled to half of everything.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9702/27/2013

Dan enjoyed baiting her. If I were Linda I would've thought that it was extremely weird that my husband wouldn't stop engaging his ex. Yes, I know half his fortune was at stake but he really enjoyed fucking with her and called her when he was feeling drunk and sentimental.

And yes, they were total Republicans. Betty hated that her case became a feminist cause celebre. She also left vile messages about Dan living in the slums with the "retards and faggots." I forget the name of the neighborhood but it sounded like he was in the first or second wave of gentrification. Balboa maybe?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9802/27/2013

The Bella Stumbo book is 4.99 on Kindle. Well worth it.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 9903/04/2013

r99 Is that all? I should definitely download it. I haven't read it in years and have no idea where my physical copy is. Did you finish it?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10003/04/2013

[R99] Thanks for the heads up. There was a newer Betty related thread on here the other day and the Stumbo book was mentioned quite a bit.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10103/04/2013

I think if Dan and Linda hadn't been killed by Betty, they would have later divorced. Linda might have eventually gotten tired of being married to an older man.

There have been rumors that Linda's ashes were taken to Holland by her father. Today, the Kolkenas and Brodericks aren't really in contact and Dan's asshole brother Larry tried to keep insurance money away from Linda's father. I recall, the father had to sue Larry to get that money. I haven't read the Stumbo book, but a few readers on another site talked about how many of Dan's friends and relatives treated Linda's friends and relatives like crap later on. One incident was at a dinner sponsored by the San Diego Irish Association in honor of Dan. Several of Linda's friends paid to go to the dinner and they were pissed that Linda was never mentioned during the dedications.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10203/04/2013

I'm watching that classic camp fest "A Woman Scorned: the Betty Broderick Story" on tv right now ("are you doin' the dogmeat on the stairs right now, Dan?")!

For the record, it was mostly fiction. It was totally biased in Dan and Linda's favor; they're portrayed as two, entirely nice, reasonable people, and Betty is depicted as an unbearable bitch shew. Dan was a douchebag and Linda was a greedy slut; Betty was awful but they were just as awful.

I'd love to see an HBO mini-series that would tell this story the way it REALLY was. They did a tv movie about Jean Harris, another "scorned woman"; why not do one about Betty Broderick? I think it would be fabulous!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10303/23/2013

I have been following this blog for a few years, it has some good information.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10403/23/2013

I was flipping channels earlier and I saw that the TV movies are on. As others here have said before those movies are biased and the movies only focused on what Betty was doing and not what Dan and Linda did to Betty. But Meredith Baxter was terrific in those movies.

The blog that[R104] posted is a good read especially the comments from people who knew Dan, Linda, and Betty. There are some links to pics of the Broderick children and a link to pics of Dan Jr.'s wedding.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10503/24/2013

I have never seen pictures of Linda before, she was attractive.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10603/24/2013

Actually, fuckhead and the cunt is a good description of Dan and Linda.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10703/24/2013

In retrospect it is odd that Merideth Baxter Birney turned out to be almost as Betty Broderick.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10803/24/2013

make that almost as crazy^

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 10903/24/2013

I can't stop reading that Tuesday Weld site, thanks for the link.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11003/24/2013

I want to buy 'Until the Twelfth of Never: The Deadly Divorce of Dan & Betty Broderick' by Bella Stumbo but it is expensive.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11103/24/2013

The Bella Stumbo book is available as Kindle book for 4.99 on Amazon.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11203/24/2013

[quote]I have never seen pictures of Linda before, she was attractive.

Yes, Linda bore an uncanny resemblance to Betty, the way Betty looked before Dan knocked her up ten times before dumping her. Five full-term pregnancies (including a child who died in infancy) and five additional miscarriages will do a number on any woman's looks.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11303/24/2013

The people on that site are as unhinged as Betty, R104. All that hate and name calling about people they don't even know.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11403/24/2013

Danny married a woman who is a dead ringer for Linda. Weird...

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11603/24/2013

[quote]She turned out to be a fucking psychopath. Was he supposed to stay with a poisonous lunatic like her?

No, he and his trophy wife were supposed to torture and torment her both personally and legally until she lost all hope and killed herself. She went off script and killed the two of them instead. Oops.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11703/24/2013

Nobody tortured Betty. That's her fan club speaking and other women whose husbands have moved on. They have a need to villify Dan and Linda. And, as well all know, the best way to villify a woman is to accuse her of being a slut.

Betty had every chance to have a great life both with Dan and after but she was never satisfied with anything. She made other peoples' lives miserable. She was a nightmare and turned out to be a complete sociopath.

Betty is where she belongs and her children pretty much know that - to the point that 2 of them argue against their mother's release. They realize they could be her next victims.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11803/24/2013

You're right, r118. Dan Jr. and Kim are very clear that Betty is seriously insane and could very well choose to off them if she were released.

She's not getting out. She doesn't deserve to get out. What she got is better than what she deserves.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 11903/24/2013

So many mentally ill on this thread, sticking up for the bike murderess.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12003/24/2013

r120 aka the epitome of mental health, what the fuck are you talking about?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12103/24/2013

i love this thread! thanks!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12203/24/2013

I have been so angry after a breakup that it eats at me, I can see how it got to Betty. But it's too bad she couldn't find another way for revenge besides killing them. You have to wonder if Dan and Linda were that shallow if they would have broken up too eventually.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12303/24/2013

I still don't know what bike murderess r120 is talking about. Since I am an expert on Broderick and Jonestown, I know he isn't referring to them.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12403/24/2013

r124, Broderick & Jonestown fascinate me too. I went to a christian school and they showed us a lot on Jim Jones as a warning because they felt we were more susceptible to joining a cult. I remember when the TV movie came out when I was in junior high.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12503/24/2013

Are you serious, soul syster at r125? As soon as I hit post on that I felt like an idiot because I knew I was showing my Jonestown obsession. I'm glad I did though, it flushed a fellow enthusiast out. Do you think Jim killed himself? Do you think he was starting a race war? Do you think a kindly subscriber will start a Jonestown thread (hint, hint)?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12603/24/2013

Jonestown? Bikes? What the fuck does that have to do with Betty Broderick?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12703/24/2013

R126 is also the rape defender on the other thread--he/she is an unhinged troll who is severely mentally ill.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12803/24/2013

Lol r127, nothing, I'm afraid. I was using it in reference to the troll who brought up bikes, they are out of context. I wouldn't be sad if a Jonestown thread were opened though..

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 12903/24/2013

You just fucking move on. We all get screwed over in life. Sue, if you can, or press charges if you have a case. But Jesus, all this shit over love? Love's not worth it.

Betty had children and should have put them first. She should have moved away, across country, and started a new career.

She's not the first, nor will she be the last, woman who gets fucked over by an asshole.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13003/24/2013

You're nuts, r18.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13103/24/2013

They were all malignant narissists

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13203/24/2013

Thank you r11 for the book recommendation. Great so far!!!!

Looking at pics of Betty, she turned into a VERY average middle aged frau. She should have married a plumber.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13303/24/2013

Dan tried to gaslight Betty, with his constant denials of adultery. Well, he got his wish; she did go crazy---on him and Linda, who, if ANYone in this sordid saga did, wanted to become wealthy the VERY easy way.

So when Betty, who worked several jobs to put Danny boy through medical AND law schools, not to mention bearing his kids and schlepping them every which where, saw her world being virtually stolen out from under her, bada-bing, bada-boom.

Especially after Dan left her a pariah amongst the legal community, an outcast amongst their social crowd, and finally a woman with neither means nor offspring.

And when he cruelly told Betty rhat he wanted a divorce from the day they got married, Dan left her with not even a happy memory.

He effectively reduced her life to ashes, so she reciprocated literally for him and what she perceived as the cause.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13403/24/2013

r126, I bumped up a Jim Jones thread for you.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13503/24/2013

She knew he was an asshole when she married him. She was a social climber.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13603/24/2013

I remember in the TV movie her saying that Linda just stepped into her life, all their friends stayed with Dan and it was like nothing changed and this made Betty feel like nothing.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13703/24/2013

Thank you r135! and r134 nails it, to a t. It's not just about moving on, it's about someone negating your entire relationship and trying to systematically grind you down. Don't fuck with the mentally ill, you may not like results.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13803/24/2013

Betty Broderick was just an Anne Romney whose husband didn't have Low T.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 13903/24/2013

I started this fucking thread. Who the fucked bumped this motherfucker?? Cracks me up. Im reading this and it dawned on me- Wait! I started this 2 years ago or some shit. LOVE Bella Stumbo's book. and this is where I got the quotes.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14003/24/2013

And we love you for it r140, or some shit. Contribute or move it along, Chuck D.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14103/24/2013

Did she really "put him through school"? I had the impression he took out loans like anyone else and it was her demand to start a family before he had a paying job. Ann Romney Syndrome.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14203/24/2013

You can never own somebody else. This is a perfect example of the horrors that follow when someone feels they possess another person. Marriage=legal slavery. Usually it's men who believe this, but some women like Betty B. believe it too.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14303/24/2013

I know she had at least two shitty waitress jobs while he was in school.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14403/24/2013

On the contrary, r143, I owned fuck head and the cunt until they died. Dare to tell me I didn't?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14503/24/2013

Good looking couple!!

Bang bang!!!

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14603/24/2013

"Dan Jr. and Kim are very clear that Betty is seriously insane and could very well choose to off them if she were released."

Oh shut up, you idiot. Who are you anyway, Dan's sleazebag brother Larry?

Danny-boy Jr. and Kimmy are clones of their father: very self-centered, very selfish, very materialistic and money-grubbing. They have no concern about Betty "offing" them. They're just still pissed off about losing Dan, who was the source of mega-millions that they wanted to get their hands on. They know their mother is no threat to anyone, but they want to get back at her for stopping the gravy train. Betty's youngest son Rhett said it himself: the only two people who would be in danger from Betty Broderick are dead now.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14703/25/2013

"Did she really "put him through school"? I had the impression he took out loans like anyone else and it was her demand to start a family before he had a paying job."

All throughout their marriage she worked various jobs to keep them afloat financially while Dan concentrated on his studies. He worked part-time sometimes too; they were a team, working towards a common goal, which was wealth and prestige.

They were both Catholic, so no birth control was used by either of them. Betty came back from their honeymoon pregnant. According to Stumbo's book: "altogether, she was pregnant nine times in ten years. All her deliveries were by Cesarean section, preceded by terrible nausea and discomfort. She would not end it until 1979, when she finally had a tubal ligation. Before then, she bore four healthy babies, had two miscarriages and two abortions. Her third child, a boy, died four days after he was born in 1972."

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14803/25/2013

#148, she did all that because she thought she'd bagged a LAWYER- every girl's dream (behind Doctor). She gambled, she lost. She's alive, they're not.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 14903/25/2013

R118 is a fucking retard. Linda and Dan sent clippings of fat farm ads and wrinkle creams and would stick his hand in Betty's face after he fingerbanged Linda. The judge that presided over their divorce was a guest at his wedding to Linda.

She didn't have a chance for a great life, she was a mentally unstable woman who was screwed out over a decent divorce settlement and taunted by her ex and the woman he dumped her for.

Kim the daughter that was against her release, was the one that pitted her parents against each other, by claiming Dan wouldn't buy her things and was mean to her. Lee the one that wants her out of jail, told Dan she wanted to live with Betty and he promptly cut her out of his will. No doubt that Betty had a lot of problems,but you don't fuck with someone who is on the edge especially when you played a big part putting her there.

Dian's father died a few years ago, no mention of Dan in the obituary.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15003/25/2013

So, r149, what, then, do you suppose DAN'S "dream" was, by choosing of his Free Will to propose to and marry Betty?

Perhaps that he had found the perfect sucker First Wife, a wman who would do exactly as r148 wrote, working and birthing to provide him with the "perfect home and family"---UNTIL he made it and the children were out of diapers?

THEN he could expunge the reminder and proof of his pre-successful life---Betty---and take on a new persona, new car, and new and younger wife to match his new status.

THAT was Dan's dream, r149. So who was the real leech?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15103/26/2013

In the TV movies, there was a scene where Lee testified in court about Dan and Linda calling Betty fat. Did that happen in real life?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15203/26/2013

"In the TV movies, there was a scene where Lee testified in court about Dan and Linda calling Betty fat. Did that happen in real life?"

Yes. They called her "fat", "the large one", "crazy", "the monster", etc.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15303/26/2013

I should have clarified in my previous post, I meant to ask if Lee testified in court.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15403/26/2013

Dan and Linda's mantra to Betty was "old, fat, ugly, boring and stupid".

Betty might have gained weight but she could lose it unlike Linda who was a skanky trollop.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15503/26/2013

And most likely by 6 (I think) pregnancies Lin herself would have start to spread a bit. We know Dan would have done the same thing to Linda in another 15 years. In another world I see Linda and Bets commiserating over coffee..

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15603/26/2013

Almost every picture of Linda and Dan, Linda is looking up to Dan with a look of awe on her face.

R156 I agree, Linda would have been wife #2. There most certainly would have been a wife #3

The only thing about Betty that was inexcusable was how she treated her children. She was truly mentally ill and need serious help/meds (my mother was a bit like Betty)

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15703/26/2013

r157 I'm sorry your mom was like that. Hopefully your dad didn't wind her up and then record the ensuing hijinks (ala Dan). If Dan truly cared about his kids he wouldn't have continued to throw gas on Betty's fire just to have a reason to "fine" and control her. Hindsight is 20/20, eh Dan?

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15803/26/2013

Bump! I love talking about this case. It taps into so many primal conflicts.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 15908/19/2013

Linda Kolkena'snickname was 'Linda Vagina' because that's how she got her job. Plus many people stated she never washed her cooch which also gave her the nickname of 'Stinky'. She was a bitch and a slut.

by From the tapes of the former Mrs. Betty Broderickreply 16001/28/2015
Need more help? Click Here.