Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

One half of popular conservative talk radio duo is believed to be gay

John Kobylt and Kenneth Chiampou, known professionally as John and Ken are talk radio hosts of a five-hour weekday radio show, The John and Ken Show heard on KFI in Los Angeles. It is believed to be the most listened to local radio show in the nation with about a million listeners during the peak hour of their afternoon drive time slot.

Their followers are mostly blue collar middle income types who bristle at political correctness, tax hikes and politicians from both parties. The pair, on their 50,000 watt radio station, have tormented scores of political figures who they view as sellouts.

In 2003, they were instrumental in getting Governor Gray Davis (whom they call "Gumby")recalled when he raised taxes to close a massive budget gap after the tech bust. Currently, they're involved in a "We Heart Arizona" campaign to support and patronize the state that passed the anti-illegal immigration law.

A former KFI employee, John Ziegler has put up a website called "The Real KFI "dedicated to telling the story of his experience working at the station. He especially goes after "John & Ken". On this website you read and hear compelling and exclusive evidence that:

The John & Ken Show is fundamentally fraudulent and makes professional wrestling seem credible in comparison.

Ken Chiampou is presumed to be a homosexual by nearly everyone at KFI and why that should matter to KFI listeners.

There is a lot that John & Ken don't want you to know about how they do their show and determine what they are going to say

and more.

He ends with: "Now the truth about KFI and John & Ken is out finally out there. It is up you to act on it and, should you so choose, spread the word."

by Anonymousreply 4209/08/2013

Is former talk show host, John Ziegler, "outting" KFI-640 talk show host Ken Chiampou as GAY?

UPDATED- THEREALFKI.COM WEBSITE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

It appears that the website referenced in this blog item is now unavailable and appears to be "under construction." Whether or not this site will reappear or the information cited below presented remains questionable.

An excerpt concerning Ken Chiampou...

"Ken Chiampou is apparently willing to go even further than most when it comes to selling part of himself to pursue and protect ratings. I never met anyone at KFI that did not presume that Ken is a homosexual. While I have obviously never witnessed him in a gay sex act and he never told me he was gay, it is commonly accepted at KFI that he is gay. One time, Robin even told me that she prevented www.LaRadio.com from publishing that Ken was gay by threatening them in some way."

"That Ken appears to be gay is obviously no big deal (a surprising number of KFI listeners I speak to are already aware of this apparent reality). I honestly couldn't care less. However, the fact that he apparently remains in the closet (a different type than the one from which I was doing my show) on the air is very significant. Ken never says anything that would indicate anything about his sexuality, but often seems to go out of his way to discuss topics where his presumed sexuality would be very relevant to his perspective, and that should matter to KFI listeners."

by Anonymousreply 107/22/2010

Half of the people in politics seem to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 207/22/2010

I smell cookies!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 307/22/2010

They were instrumental in the recall of gray davis. Well, this certainly explains the mentality behind that action. I'm glad Californians are enjoying the taste of letting radio personalities decide government affairs.

by Anonymousreply 407/22/2010

R3 Which one? They both look gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 507/22/2010

Wow, this is from Michelle Malkin the nutjob. Why is she mentioning the guy's sexuality? Help.

by Anonymousreply 607/22/2010

What does the Michelle Malkin link have to do with anything other than a picture of the three of them? The article linked to is 6 years old.

by Anonymousreply 807/22/2010

I linked the picture of Ken with Michelle as a reminder of her being pals with another closeted conservative pundit Matt Sanchez.

by Anonymousreply 907/22/2010

I've been listening to their hateful asses on and off for the past 20 years (they became super famous while covering the OJ trial), and there's absolutely no question that Ken is gay. John goes on and on about his family, his wife, his snot nosed kids going to private school, while Ken is completely mum about his private life.

After the OJ trial ended, they suffered a loss in listeners, and KFI then fired them and gave their spot to a gay couple, Andrew and Karel. When they reclaimed their show, John constantly made disparaging remarks about them, while Ken sat by and said nothing.

They are for gay marriage in California and were against Prop 8 though, for what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 1007/22/2010

We have talked about this for years (at least 10). It's an open secret.

by Anonymousreply 1207/22/2010

I'm with r5. Gayface on BOTH of them.

by Anonymousreply 1307/22/2010

I actually really like them. A few years ago, John was bitching about gays for some reason. He said something about gay marriage and how he didn't really want his kids to be taught about gay marriage in schools. I sent in an email to them about how difficult it is as a gay person and how we are constantly bombarded with heterosexual images on tv, how we are taught from a very early age about heterosexuals by the books we read and the tv we see. John actually read it on the air and apologized and said "you know, you can't really say it any better than that." I was impressed that he was willing to change his mind.

I am friends with someone who had a talk show on KFI and he said Ken is gay and everyone knows it. They are great because they seldom tow the right wing line and go after any politician that they feel is corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 1407/22/2010

Inasmuch as there really is no right-wing line except "Smaller government!" and "No taxes!" you'd be right.

by Anonymousreply 1607/22/2010

He has "Crazy Eyes" as well...

by Anonymousreply 1907/22/2010

"The John & Ken Show is fundamentally fraudulent and makes professional wrestling seem credible in comparison."%0D %0D I get this feeling about Rush Limbaugh, and most other right-wing talk show hosts. They don't seem to actually believe any of the stuff they say, they just want to wind up the wingnuts. And laugh at the crap they can make their listeners believe.%0D %0D That must give them the most incredible sense of power, in a very evil and irresponsible way.

by Anonymousreply 2007/22/2010

They're broadcasting live on-line right now (2-7pm Pacific, 5-10pm Eastern)

by Anonymousreply 2107/22/2010

They also helped to get New Jersey Governor Jim Florio kicked out of office when they were on the radio there.

by Anonymousreply 2307/22/2010

Methinks they're more than just "partners." I think they're PARTNERS.%0D %0D Btw, what kind of creepy sociopath would do something like this?

by Anonymousreply 2407/22/2010

[quote]Btw, what kind of creepy sociopath would do something like this?%0D %0D R24. A creepy sociopath who will do anything for money and ratings.

by Anonymousreply 2507/22/2010

I have been listening to them for over 15 years and they are not Republicans, in fact they describe themselves as Libertarians... yes, they are conservative on some issues, especially dealing with fiscal issues, however they are liberal on the social issues. They support gay marriage. The fact that they are radio personalities and need to boost rating by saying outrageous things is no big deal. That's what they do. So what. And John is gay? So what.

by Anonymousreply 2607/22/2010

Offthread,

Why has Rush been so quiet?

by Anonymousreply 2707/22/2010

r26 = maroon

by Anonymousreply 2807/23/2010

[quote]Half of the people in politics seem to be gay.%0D %0D Especially the Republican ones.

by Anonymousreply 2907/23/2010

crack ho bump

by Anonymousreply 3002/16/2012

I never heard these guys, but judging by the pics, they BOTH have major gayface!

by Anonymousreply 3102/16/2012

THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME HORNY!!!

by Anonymousreply 3202/16/2012

Which one of you LA bitches have had him??

Well???

by Anonymousreply 3302/16/2012

[quote] I am friends with someone who had a talk show on KFI and he said Ken is gay and everyone knows it.

Well, who could that be? There's Karel, of course, who I like well enough. But my money is on Phil Hendrie! Schizophrenic. Friend of the gays. Total bullshitter!

by Anonymousreply 3402/16/2012

A closeted gay Republican??? NO! I don't believe it!

by Anonymousreply 3502/16/2012

Usually they talk about politicians and illegal aliens. I was surprised to learn they'd weighed in on Whitney but the rumor may explain the passion...

by Anonymousreply 3602/17/2012

John and Ken do a pretty good show and they hate on Democrats and Republicans alike. They are pro gay marriage anti George W Bush pro choice and pretty smart. Ke n is obviously gay and he did vote for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 3709/08/2013

Why is this thread still alive?

by Anonymousreply 3809/08/2013

Rush Limbore likes young hustlers...male.

by Anonymousreply 3909/08/2013

Politics do seem to attract a huge number of gay men. I guess it's the crucial roles of hiding, viciousness, manipulation and hate--all behind the veneer of a perennially sunny false smile.

by Anonymousreply 4009/08/2013

I used to listen to them at night on KFI from Arizona. Seems like it was at least 20 years ago that I first heard them.

by Anonymousreply 4109/08/2013

Sorry, guys. I bake chocolate chip cookies every afternoon during their show.

by Anonymousreply 4209/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.