Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Korean Americans Hate Gay Marriage Most

....The new Field Poll reveals that Korean Americans disapprove of same-sex marriage by a margin of 70 to 25 percent. They were followed in their dislike of same-sex couples by Vietnamese Americans (64 percent disapproval) and Chinese Americans (54 percent disapprove.)

%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%8BAfrican Americans disapprove of gay marriage by a margin of 49 to 38 percent, the poll finds, while Latinos support same-sex marriage by a margin of 50 to 41. About 53 percent of whites support same-sex marriage, with 39 percent opposed.

by Anonymousreply 14110/13/2012

The supposed light at that end of the tunnel:

Field Poll director Mark DiCamillo said that while it's clear Asian Americans are the group most opposed to same-sex marriage -- and Koreans foremost among Asians -- the results also depend heavily on the age of those questioned. Younger voters, he said, show stronger support for gay marriage than older people "coming from traditional societies."

by Anonymousreply 107/20/2010

Hmm, interesting results.

by Anonymousreply 207/20/2010

It's not surprising..Christianity is the fastest growing religion in Korea and among Korean immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 307/20/2010

does Bai Ling support gay marriage?

by Anonymousreply 407/20/2010

Koreans are cunts!

by Anonymousreply 507/20/2010

I recently read in another thread that Korean Hyundai/Kia were among just a handful of automakers that do not have domestic partner benefits for their employees.

by Anonymousreply 607/20/2010

Korea until recently didn't allow anyone who was under 40 travel to the US, so the people who came here were old farts to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 707/20/2010

I will gladly refrain from buying Hyundai and Kia automobiles!

by Anonymousreply 807/20/2010

Hyundai, Kia, Porsche and Suzuki are the only automakers left who do not provide domestic partner benefits to their employees.

Unfortunately, GM among others uses Hyundai/Kia to make parts for their cars.

by Anonymousreply 907/20/2010

Hey Koreans: Don't be pissed at us just because you have little dicks.

by Anonymousreply 1007/20/2010

Then go the frig home!!

by Anonymousreply 1107/20/2010

Polls are bullshit, made up by people financially invested in selling their polling services. Nowhere in this report does it indicate how many people were questioned (10? 100? 1,000?), or how they were selected, nor does it give other relevant data, like the age of respondents. Ya think maybe people willing to answer pollsters on random land lines might skew, um, older? Yet the poll publisher is all too willing to make sweeping statements like Korean Americans blah blah blah African American blah blah blah. Total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1307/20/2010

I hope DLers start referring to Korean Americans with respect to anti-gay sentiment as much as they do blacks.

*waits*

*goes grey*

by Anonymousreply 1407/20/2010

That's it, I'm boycotting kim chi.

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2010

The traditional East Asian view of homosexuality is hard to grasp for westerners. Discrete sexual activity between members of the same sex is not really a big deal, but everyone, and that means EVERYONE, has to marry and produce children. This is a non-negotiable duty. A couple who cannot have children is sad but a person who does not marry is a complete selfish failure and dishonors his/her family. Who you have sex with once you are married is your business, but you must marry and produce children.

So it's no surprise to me that East Asians would be most disapproving of same sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 1607/20/2010

R13= ABSOLUTELY right. This is all divide and conquer bullshit. It's powerful white, wealthy straights who keep us oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 1707/20/2010

If we all change our dry cleaners, then we can change these statistics. Once they don't have our business, they will change their tune on gay marriage!

by Anonymousreply 1807/20/2010

thanks r16, I was just going to ask if there wasn't something tied to ancestor veneration or whatever--if it wasn't hugely important to have grandchildren to light candles for you?

by Anonymousreply 1907/20/2010

The Koreans have a point about the importance of procreating. It's not like the world has too many people here already.

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2010

I'm boycotting dog meat!

by Anonymousreply 2107/21/2010

You go now, gay boy! You no buy anything, you go!

by Anonymousreply 2207/21/2010

I'm pleasantly surprised at how supportive Latinos are toward gay marriage. Must be the Ricky Martin effect.

by Anonymousreply 2307/21/2010

Korean-American actor John Cho, who plays the new Sulu in "Star Trek", urged Korean-Americans to support gay marriage in 2008:

by Anonymousreply 2407/21/2010

John Cho rocks

by Anonymousreply 2507/21/2010

'Sulu Past and Present Say No to Prop. 8'

George Takei & John Cho together:

by Anonymousreply 2607/21/2010

Years ago a young Korean-American woman told me that her mother and aunt from Korea were visiting NYC when they stumbled upon the Gay Pride parade. The mother was horrified, but the aunt thought it was hilarious. The young woman told me, "There are gays in Korea, but they get married. Everyone knows they are gay, but they get married anyway because it's their duty to their family. No way does anyone lead a " gay lifestyle" over there. It's unheard of."

But she told me times are rapidly changing.

by Anonymousreply 2707/21/2010

I never thought of Korea as a nation of hate.

Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 2807/21/2010

This is hardly surprising given all the same sex couples who've adopted Asian girls and named them Lily.

by Anonymousreply 2907/21/2010

R9, I believe you are thinking of Daewoo. I don't believe Hyundai or Kia have an association, athleast of any real size, with GM.

by Anonymousreply 3007/21/2010

This is so f*cked up. Korea is insane over figure skating today, because of Yuna Kim. All the Korea girls lust after the white American, Canadian and Swiss male figure skaters, whom are currently all gay.

It is like Nazi girls lusting after Jewish boys, not realizing they are Jewish. Yet at the same time publicly hating Jews.

MESSED UP!

by Anonymousreply 3107/21/2010

[quote]I never thought of Korea as a nation of hate.%0D %0D We berry happy, ruving peepol. Like greedy, imperioalist dogs of America say: satchels of gold. Ruv and write.

by Anonymousreply 3207/21/2010

Thank you for reminding people of that R1. My best friend is a straight Vietnamese woman who is 1000% for gay marriage and gay partnerships. Her mother, at 70 some odd years old is opposed. The haters are dying off or will be soon.

by Anonymousreply 3307/21/2010

I wonder if these two are married.. to women (NSFW)?

by Anonymousreply 3407/21/2010

You all are so fucking stupid.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3507/21/2010

I wonder if this is any relation to the Korean/Black thing.

by Anonymousreply 3607/21/2010

Let's not put all Koreans in the same category. We have to remember some of them are open-minded.

Take a look at actor John Cho above. Watch his remarks.

by Anonymousreply 3707/21/2010

There are always exceptions, but if the vast majority are a risk factor......well, you have to defend yourself first.

by Anonymousreply 3807/21/2010

Buddhism is the main religion of South Korea. Christianity %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%93in a very recent, primitive version translated to the Asian absolute views- is the main religion of Korean migrants. Young people are yet another story. But yeap, Asians have the not at all healthy custom of not blending in the society they move into. Not all of them obviously. This is not dramatic as at least they are not death inciters as the bigoted Muslims are. Push them a little and they will "say" they don't oppose gay marriage anymore, just for face. "Shame" is even more important for Asians. They don't like to be singled out.

by Anonymousreply 3907/21/2010

I agree R39, anti-gay Korean rhetoric is no where what comes from Muslims. But.....it is still a concern.

by Anonymousreply 4007/22/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 4108/01/2010

I'm not shocked by this. I knew a lot of Koreans in school and most of them were very, very Christian.

by Anonymousreply 4308/01/2010

yeah r42 that'll get em. Call em ugly.

by Anonymousreply 4408/01/2010

Korea is an extremely isolated culture. They don't care for the Japanese or Chinese either. Koreans of African decent don't exist, they just don't exist. White people are foreigners, even if they live in Korea. The same with Japan.

In Korea and Japan they think homosexuality means #1 Wants to be a woman or #2 perverted sexual desires.

See Japans famous comedian "Hard Gay" (at link starts at 1:00 in) and you will get an idea.

by Anonymousreply 4508/01/2010

And yet the Japanese-American Citizens League has endorsed gay marriage. They have seen their rights taken away with the WWII internment camps and don't want any American to be denied rights.

by Anonymousreply 4608/01/2010

John Choo is VERY doable.

by Anonymousreply 4708/01/2010

[quote]Koreans of African decent don't exist, they just don't exist.

Oh my. I don't even know where to begin.

by Anonymousreply 4808/01/2010

He looka like a maaaan. Going up inside anudduh maaan.

by Anonymousreply 4908/01/2010

All that hating blacks because of Prop. 8 was an excuse because you hate black people anyway. So its easier to hate people that are different than it is to hate those that look like you

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2010

According to 2005 statistics compiled by the South Korean government, approximately 46.5% of the South Korean population express no religious preference.[2]

Of the religious population, 29.2% are Christian (of which 18.3% (on total) profess to be Protestants and 10.9% to be Catholics), 22.8% are Buddhist, and the rest adheres to various new religious movements including Jeungism, Daesunism, Cheondoism, Taoism, Confucianism and Won Buddhism.

A small minority of Koreans also profess Islam. Large metropolitan areas had the highest proportions of people belonging to formal religious groups: 49.9 percent in Seoul, 46.1 percent for Busan, and 45.8 percent for Daegu. South Korea had the third highest percentage of Christians in East Asia or Southeast Asia, following the Philippines and East Timor.

As in most countries, Pentecostal and charismatic Christianity is especially growing rapidly in S Korea, with Seoul's Yoido Full Gospel Pentecostal Church having 830,000 members (2007),the largest Christian congregation in the whole world!

by Anonymousreply 5108/01/2010

But the koreans in the us are all fundies brought over here by their churches.

by Anonymousreply 5208/02/2010

R48, there actually are Koreans of African descent: singers Crystal Kay, Insooni, football player Hines Ward (all of shared Korean and Black American parentage).

And in general, Korean society treats those of multiracial descent horribly because they aren't pure...unless they're really really talented or gain fame overseas.

But it's changing somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 5308/02/2010

So what you're saying, r53, is that there are AMERICANS of korean and black heritage.

by Anonymousreply 5408/02/2010

Isn't it amusing that an illegal can sneak into the US and spit out a kid and that kid, if it is hetero, has thousands more federal benefits than I, a gay US citizen who has lived here all my life, have?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5508/02/2010

I teach in Korea and my take on it is that Koreans seem to believe homosexuality doesn't actually *exist*. Or if they do acknowledge homosexuality, it's a "Western thing."

It really does seem to be different for the younger generation, though. My students probably wouldn't say they are "for gay marriage," but some of them would probably say gay people should be able to live their lives with dignity, without harassment, etc.

The older generation wouldn't feel that way, of course, but seriously, Korea is a pretty conservative - but rapidly changing! - society. Give it time.

As for the posters who remarked that anyone of a different race is a "foreigner" in Korea, that is absolutely true. One thing that will change Korea in the coming generation is the current influx of Pinoy, Thai and Chinese immigrants looking for "3D" work - difficult, dirty, and dangerous jobs that Koreans will not do. They are changing the racial landscape of Korea and I can imagine racial attitudes may also face a serious change. (Sound familiar?)

by Anonymousreply 5608/02/2010

Do our Korean brothers and sisters like Black people?

by Anonymousreply 5708/02/2010

It's been posted here before, and I've read elsewhere, that western ESL teachers and such are subjected to harassment. Koreans will bump up against them just walking down the street, and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 5808/02/2010

Not r53, but no r54 they are born to Asian women, in Asian countries with American fathers, usually military men. Crystal Kay is actually Japanesse and black. Hines Ward was born in South Korea. So was Insooni.

by Anonymousreply 6008/02/2010

America = freedom, democracy, justice and chance America ≠ Asian culture

If they dont wanna see gay/ lesbian people, they should go back to their original country.

by Anonymousreply 6112/27/2011

So where is the buy a Hyundai and Kia Troll?

by Anonymousreply 6212/27/2011

"America = freedom, democracy, justice and chance"

Then why did Virginia just vote to ban same sex couples from adopting?

Why is gay marriage banned in most states?

by Anonymousreply 6312/27/2011

R3, then what explains the other Asian groups?

by Anonymousreply 6412/27/2011

According to the prop 8 exit polls, Asians supported prop 8 in roughly the same numbers as whites.

by Anonymousreply 6512/28/2011

Korea is the other country besides the USA where the CIA was used to bolster religion in order to move politics to the right. This is hardly a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 6612/28/2011

Indeed Rev. Moon brought his road show here to help what was already underway in the USA, with the Washington Times, etc.

by Anonymousreply 6712/28/2011

No, R57. Neither do the Japanese, for that matter. They always make fun of them.

by Anonymousreply 6812/28/2011

It is an old traditional saying of the 1950s that Koreans are the Jews of the orient. I don't know what exactly it is based on.

by Anonymousreply 6912/28/2011

Koreans are the Klingons of Asia.

by Anonymousreply 7012/28/2011

Well what is their reputation, R69?

by Anonymousreply 7112/28/2011

This thread may provide some similar insights about the things being discussed on this thread:

by Anonymousreply 7212/28/2011

I heard from a Chinese American raised in that ear.

by Anonymousreply 7312/28/2011

This is just California. What percentage do Koreans make up California? That will tell you how much they influence an outcome in relation to gay rights in California.

I still can't believe that nearly half of Californians are anti-gay marriage. WTF is wrong with these people? So much for them being so liberal!

by Anonymousreply 7412/28/2011

[italic]All that hating blacks because of Prop. 8 was an excuse because you hate black people anyway. So its easier to hate people that are different than it is to hate those that look like you[/italic]

Still don't understand stats, I see. GTFO, chump!

by Anonymousreply 7512/28/2011

[italic]It is like Nazi girls lusting after Jewish boys, not realizing they are Jewish. Yet at the same time publicly hating Jews.[/italic]

LMFAO! What??!

by Anonymousreply 7612/28/2011

And yet those stupid motherfucker eat dogs.

Who in their right mind cares about their preferences?

by Anonymousreply 7712/28/2011

R77 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 7812/28/2011

[quote]Koreans seem to believe homosexuality doesn't actually *exist*. Or if they do acknowledge homosexuality, it's a "Western thing."

Charming!

by Anonymousreply 7912/28/2011

[italic]And yet those stupid motherfucker eat dogs.[/italic]

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 8012/28/2011

Seriously: Who gives a fuck what these idiots think?

by Anonymousreply 8112/28/2011

Those Koreans - they're so suspicious - ever since Hiroshima.

by Anonymousreply 8212/28/2011

Stop buying anything Korean then......

by Anonymousreply 8312/28/2011

This poll is bullshit!!!! I know plenty of Koreans who support gay marriage!!

by Anonymousreply 8405/10/2012

Hyundai/Kia is the only big car company in the world who still refuses to give gay people equal healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 8505/10/2012

We love everyone!

by Anonymousreply 8605/10/2012

Korean-American actor John Cho (Sulu in the new 'Star Trek') has tried to encourage the community to be pro-gay:

by Anonymousreply 8705/10/2012

I'm not sure why this thread has concentrated so much on Koreans, but the Japanese, at least, have a fairly long tradition of male homosexuality, with some really fine literary work. It seems to be disapproved, but in a rather non-virulent way. The major political parties express little public support for gay rights issues. Despite recommendations from the Council for Human Rights Promotion, the Diet has yet to take action on including sexual orientation in the country's civil rights code.

by Anonymousreply 8805/10/2012

I hardly see Koreans crying about gay marriage. Blacks on the other hand...oh wait we can't speak I'll of blacks otherwise were racistS. Back to bashing Koreans.

by Anonymousreply 8905/10/2012

R69, it's the Chinese who were/are called the Jews of Asia.

[quote]But the koreans in the us are all fundies brought over here by their churches.

Not the ones I know. Two of them are fundamentalists, but two are Catholic & three are some kind of mainstream Protestant. Three of the men (one fundamentalist, one Catholic, one Protestant) came here as little children with their parents (businessmen & professionals) & the others came to attend colleges & ended up staying. I've only discussed gay marriage with one of them (a Protestant woman), who says "I do not care what people do if they do not hurt someone -- everyone should be happy". Most people are products of their culture & their generation, so Korean-Americans are likely to loosen up as time goes by, just like every other group.

by Anonymousreply 9005/10/2012

[quote]I hardly see Koreans crying about gay marriage. Blacks on the other hand...oh wait we can't speak I'll of blacks otherwise were racistS.

Don't even start that bullshit. It was a BLACK president that was the first president to endorse same-sex marriage. None of your white presidents ever did. And maybe you forgot, but the majority of the anti-gay Republican party is white and they are the ones going above and beyond to stop gay marriage.

So don't even start with that shit. There are homophobic blacks, but there are also PLENTY of homophobic whites, especially considering we live in a mostly white country.

by Anonymousreply 9105/11/2012

Agreed, R91. The alternative President, Romney, being the perfect case in point. He doesn't merely disapprove of gay marriage, he likes to get physical with them as well (and not in the good way).

by Anonymousreply 9205/11/2012

I would think the Asians more than anyone need to cut back on the must get married and populate the world thing.

by Anonymousreply 9305/11/2012

What do gay Koreans think about it?

Why should I care about either?

by Anonymousreply 9405/11/2012

The Japanese are pretty cool about gays. Search Youtube for "Japan Hard Gay".

by Anonymousreply 9505/11/2012

Wrong R60 Crystal Kay though born in Japan, is of Korean and African-American descent.

Regardless it's impressive that she achieved success during her peak, despite her background.

by Anonymousreply 9605/11/2012

What about Filipino-Americans?

Here in Canada, the asians are quite liberal.

by Anonymousreply 9705/11/2012

Not even close R97. Actually the entire anti-gay movement in Canada is currently driven by West Coast Asian immigrants.

Check out the photo of the group of bigots in this article:

by Anonymousreply 9805/11/2012

But... but... Black people are bad 'cause, um, they are Black and they hate gays! I just know they all do.

by Anonymousreply 9905/11/2012

Filipino Americans are whores

by Anonymousreply 10005/11/2012

[quote]Don't even start that bullshit. It was a BLACK president that was the first president to endorse same-sex marriage.

So you are saying that blacks should be judged on the actions of one black person in this instance. Interesting that you seem to support judging blacks on the actions of one person.

by Anonymousreply 10205/11/2012

Koreans have the tiniest dicks out of all the Asian countries. That's why they hate.

by Anonymousreply 10305/11/2012

OMG! Hi "Hyundai/Kia hates gays" troll/r85!

Where's your link?

by Anonymousreply 10405/11/2012

Koreans remind me of Mexicans, they're kind of hateful with white workers.

by Anonymousreply 10505/11/2012

R98, do you live in Canada or otherwise have first-hand experience with how Asians & Filipinos there feel about gay equality? It sounds like R97 does.

by Anonymousreply 10605/11/2012

More reason for gays and lesbians to tell their sweeties "Me love you long time!"

by Anonymousreply 10705/11/2012

My asshole boss is Korean-American and I hate him with the heat of a thousand suns.

So we're sort of even.

by Anonymousreply 10805/11/2012

What about Indians? How do they feel about homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 10905/11/2012

R102 You dumb fuck. It's so convenient for you to say blacks are anti-gay when the majority of the people who attend these anti-gay marriage rallys are white:

by Anonymousreply 11005/12/2012

More proof most of these anti-gay rallys are attended by white people:

by Anonymousreply 11105/12/2012

These white guys are really nice too:

by Anonymousreply 11205/12/2012

[quote]Filipino Americans are whores

WTF would you say something like that?

by Anonymousreply 11305/12/2012

Where's Chung Ho?

by Anonymousreply 11405/12/2012

I'm boycotting fried chicken and watermelons

by Anonymousreply 11505/12/2012

Isn't there some kind of church-based immigration sponsorship dealio? Is that maybe why we're getting so many fundy-freak immigrants from countries that aren't even xtian? Yet another reason to pull those hater-churches tax-exempt status.

by Anonymousreply 11605/12/2012

Don't buy Hyundais, Kias or hair weaves.

by Anonymousreply 11705/12/2012

Typical divide and conquer bullshit, and most of the posters in this thread demonstrate why it works so well.

"Korean-Americans are really anti-gay! By the way, they comprise like 0.5% of the population, so this really has a political impact!"

Cue thread filled with racist anti-Korean sentiment from gay people who should know a lot better.

Korean-Americans look at threads like these: "Gays are extremely racist and are just as bigoted as other groups - why should we support them?"

Same happens with the African-American community - "African-Americans are anti-gay - so let me spew lots of racist bullshit!" "Why should black people support gay people when they don't support us?"

Meanwhile, the powers that be that actually legislate and enforce discrimination just sit back and watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 11805/12/2012

:)

by Anonymousreply 11905/13/2012

If Korean-Americans comprise 0.5% of the population then they are not looking at this thread, dear/r118. Douchecock much?

by Anonymousreply 12005/13/2012

It's amazing that some of you posters fall for this crap, time after time.

But hey, guess what racist fucks:

You're toast. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 12205/13/2012

Thankfully the majority is white. And If the latinos take over, that's fine too.

by Anonymousreply 12305/13/2012

The majority whites are the biggest offenders, you fool.

by Anonymousreply 12405/13/2012

Divide and conquer.

by Anonymousreply 12505/13/2012

and?

by Anonymousreply 12605/13/2012

This thread is not about Koreans, but Korean Americans. The Philippines, for example, is far worse on gays than Korea. But Filippino Americans are if anything the gayest ethnic group in the country.

But Korean Americans are a special case. Their government did not allow them to come here until they were old or if they were a Christian convert - and they got the worst and most cultlike of the CIA's 1950s red scare Christian recruitment efforts (think Moonies), so their churches here tend to have a cult pattern.

Add to that a high degree of exclusivity and, frankly, racism, towards other Asian groups, and you have a special case.

by Anonymousreply 12705/13/2012

Chung Ho missing from the only thread that would welcome his views.

by Anonymousreply 12805/14/2012

well?

by Anonymousreply 13007/18/2012

Know some native PRC. Quite a 2-faced society. "Brokeback Mountain" was only one of maybe 20 American movies shown in mainland China that year, because the director was Chinese. Even though it was cut to bits, the entire audience gasped at the implications. I asked since religion is taboo, and "breeders" are restricted, they should be more open-minded. The answer was that the wealthy Chinese visit other countries, and do whatever they want in secret. Otherwise there's EXTREME conformity, and the entire family and relatives would be shamed if anyone found out. Interesting that the whole concept of male strippers for men or women, or male beauty is also shocking. Sex is also solely for the man; it's a business deal or obligation for the woman. I know I'm talking about China but I thought this was relevant info.

by Anonymousreply 13107/18/2012

There is no place on DL for Koreans. White or African Americans only. We think dualistic here, goddam.

by Anonymousreply 13207/18/2012

I love that foreigners can move here, become citizens and vote to deprive natural born citizens of their rights. Just fucking love it.

by Anonymousreply 13307/19/2012

[quote]Younger voters, he said, show stronger support for gay marriage than older people "coming from traditional societies."

"Traditional societies" with its implications doesn't mean venerable old culture is a PC euphemism for socially retardataire.

"Traditional societies" would not, for example, be even the most backward, unrepentantly virulent newspaper editor's first choice to describe the views of Klan members. A heritage of racism and xenophobia is not venerable, but writers and editors let hateful Koreans off the hook because they come from "traditional societies"? If they were instead called out as coming from "a culture of hatred," they might shed some of those fine old "traditions" a little sooner.

"Traditional societies" of homophobes are given the benefit of a description that implies something time honored and good.

by Anonymousreply 13407/19/2012

[quote]Korean Americans Hate Gay Marriage Most

Serve it to them with fried dog meat on the side and they'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 13507/19/2012

Koreans are the people still skinning live dogs and cats, right? To eat and to import as faux fur lined booties for kids - to an unsuspecting western market.

Enough said as to where they can shove their fucking views on anything.

by Anonymousreply 13607/19/2012

Well now we know the thread-bumper is also a freeper. What a surprise!!

by Anonymousreply 13707/19/2012

and????

by Anonymousreply 13810/13/2012

Got into an argument with my Korean mom about this over the weekend. She was waxing enthusiastic about Romney and it came up in the course of the conversation that she found the idea of gay marriage to be "just unnatural." I tell her she's welcome to her stupid beliefs but that she should not allow those beliefs to be legislated in a way that restricts the constitutional rights of anyone else. I point out to her that the establishment of a constitutional right to marry in a landmark civil case like Loving v Virginia is what allows her to be in an interracial marriage today and that it'd be hypocritical of her to restrict that right for others. Deaf. Ears. No wonder I'm in therapy.

by Anonymousreply 13910/13/2012

[quote]Korean Hyundai/Kia were among just a handful of automakers that do not have domestic partner benefits for their employees.

Next car is going to be a Hyundai/Kia. Fudgepackers shouldn't be getting married. Period. Most of you can't remember to take your AIDS meds or feed your cats.

by Anonymousreply 14110/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.