Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marion Cottilard

I am sorry but, I love this woman! She is the sexiest actress (and a good one) to come along in a while.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2013

Only on DL does one have to apologize for being enthusiastic about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 107/19/2010

She can do no wrong for me either.

by Anonymousreply 207/19/2010

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 307/19/2010

Did you know that all she eats is cheese?

by Anonymousreply 407/19/2010

I hope Co[bold]till[/bold]ard doesn't start making Hollywood crap.

by Anonymousreply 507/19/2010

You really love me. C'mon. Admit it.

by Anonymousreply 607/19/2010

It's a shame it's not the sexiest French actresses who make it big.

by Anonymousreply 707/19/2010

[quote]I hope Cotillard doesn't start making Hollywood crap.

Too late.

by Anonymousreply 807/19/2010

She is rapidly becoming known in Hollywood as the French Melanie Griffith - one breakthrough performance and then film after film exposes her limitations. Sad really, since we had such high hopes for her. The accent fooled us all into thinking she was something she is not.

by Anonymousreply 907/19/2010

Will she be nominated for Inception?

She's working with Woody Allen right now. Should be interesting..

by Anonymousreply 1007/19/2010

r9 is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 1107/19/2010

Winona Ryder should have played Marion's role in Inception. It would have been her comeback. What's this bitch doing out of Paris anyway - french directors treat their women like celestial deities.

by Anonymousreply 1207/19/2010

[quote]She is rapidly becoming known in Hollywood as the French Melanie Griffith - one breakthrough performance and then film after film exposes her limitations. Sad really, since we had such high hopes for her. The accent fooled us all into thinking she was something she is not.

What was her breakthrough performance?

If you're referring to La Vie en Rose, it was her 40th performance as an actor, so she was well established already, and she's only had five films released since it. There's hardly film after film since then.

If you're referring to some other film, then you're an idiot.

And even in the abominable NINE she gives a strong performance.

by Anonymousreply 1307/19/2010

I think r12 was referring to HOLLYWOOD grabbing performance. It's what he says on his post.

She was being billed here like the second coming of Christ (of the acting word)and so far, that hasn't happened. Personally, she might be like P.Cruz. Absolutely wonderful in their native language/land but doesn't transfer well here.

by Anonymousreply 1407/19/2010

[quote]I think [R12] was referring to HOLLYWOOD grabbing performance. It's what he says on his post.

Okay, so which film was that and which ones are the film after film that exposed her limitations?

(Assuming you're really referring to R9.)

by Anonymousreply 1507/19/2010

I don't get the bashing; she's fantastic in Inception, the best thing about Nine, and the greatest actress wearing clothes in some time (inheriting Nic Kidman's old mantle).

by Anonymousreply 1607/19/2010

She worked very hard for a convincing (and successful) performance in "La Vie", and it appeared to be just that - hard work. And yet, a very quick reaction-shot of her in "Public Enemies" exuded talent.

by Anonymousreply 1707/19/2010

Remember her loving tribute to Kate Winslet at the Oscars? Kate and all the other cynical narcissists in the audience weren't used to that kind of unabashed sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 1807/19/2010

She has a prosthetic foot. I think it's the left one. If you pay attention you'll notice it. My friend pointed it out to me.

by Anonymousreply 1907/19/2010

See link for NSFW gorgeous full frontal of her.

Scroll down to "2008 Oscar Nominees"

by Anonymousreply 2007/19/2010

Her feet seem fine here -

by Anonymousreply 2107/19/2010

That's obviously photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 2207/19/2010

Lover her.

by Anonymousreply 2307/19/2010

"I think [R12] was referring to HOLLYWOOD grabbing performance. It's what he says on his post.

She was being billed here like the second coming of Christ (of the acting word)and so far, that hasn't happened. Personally, she might be like P.Cruz. Absolutely wonderful in their native language/land but doesn't transfer well here."

Uh, no. She is excellent in Inception. No P. Cruz wooden acting at all.

by Anonymousreply 2407/19/2010

She was great when no one knew who she was and I could toss her name around with knowledgeable savoir faire. Now that she is becoming so well known that even people in Topeka know who she is, she has lost her usefulness for me.%0D %0D For all I care she could be in the next Adam Sandler movie.

by Anonymousreply 2507/19/2010

Marion Cotillard is the new Meryl Streep.

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 2607/20/2010

Well, Ms Kidman seems to be enamored by Marion as well. God, this outtake from her Interview of Marion in Interview Mag sounds like someone has a huge girl crush. Could she gush anymore? Nicole, be cool!

by Anonymousreply 2707/21/2010

"She is rapidly becoming known in Hollywood as the French Melanie Griffith - one breakthrough performance and then film after film exposes her limitations."

bullshit.

She was by far the best thing in Nine and she was damned good in Public Enemies.

The girl can act and has the charisma of an old time movie star.

Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 2807/21/2010

"She was great when no one knew who she was and I could toss her name around with knowledgeable savoir faire. Now that she is becoming so well known that even people in Topeka know who she is, she has lost her usefulness for me."

In other words, you don't give a fuck about good acting, you give a fuck about impressing people about the next big thing.

Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 2907/21/2010

I've only seen her in that thing she won the oscar for and she was good in that. She doesn't really do much for me, though. I know english isn't her first language but she sounds like such a phony idiot in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 3007/23/2010

She looked like Anna Maria Alberghetti in "Nine". .

by Anonymousreply 3107/23/2010

I will never forgive her for winning the best actress award when it should have gone to my favourite Julie Christie 40 years after her first win in 1965!.

by Anonymousreply 3207/23/2010

I miss the Cotillard troll from last fall/winter.

by Anonymousreply 3307/23/2010

Chris Nolan loves her... hole.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.