Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Daniel Tosh gay?

He always looks like he just smelled cookies.

by Anonymousreply 3609/01/2013

I don't know whether he's gay, but he's very cute. He's not my usual type, but when he's onscreen, I can't keep my eyes off him for some bizarre reason.

by Anonymousreply 107/14/2010

Daniel Tosh enjoys anal sex with both men and men who act like women. You be the judge.

by Anonymousreply 207/14/2010

I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 307/14/2010

Joel and Topanga work for the same people playing the same role on two variations on the same show. She didn't steal anything from him.

by Anonymousreply 707/14/2010

The Soup is certainly the gold standard of this kind of clip show but they don't own the rights to the format or anything. There are also shows called Web Soup, Sports Soup, Celebrity Soup, and The Dish (same format but they broke away from the "Soup" theme).

by Anonymousreply 807/14/2010

I guess I don't understand why OP thinks it's cool to talk about gay men "smelling cookies". Seems like something homophobes say to show that we're easily identifiable and nothing like them. It's pathetic that OP thinks such homophobia is cute and has adopted it as a description for his fellow gay men.

by Anonymousreply 1007/14/2010

It's a common phenomenon here, R10. I think it's an empowerment thing. Somehow, it lessens the power of homophobes, if we can show that no matter how much they hate fags, we hate them more.

by Anonymousreply 1107/14/2010

"He always looks like he just smelled cookies."

Stop trying to make "just smelled cookies" happen!

by Anonymousreply 1307/14/2010

Thanks, R11. It makes it that much sadder...%0D %0D But it makes sense; despite the false bravado, there's a lot of self-loathing on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1407/14/2010

don't apologize op. R10 probably graduated from a school like Wesleyan or Vassar where anything is a reason to protest.

"All gay men look like they just smelled cookies" is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time and I've introduced it into my daily speech. It's like saying "friend of Dorothy" or "All gay men have track lighting and are named Mark, Rick, or Steve." It's fun and funNY being gay.

R10, isn't there a raging letter you need to send in to Mother Jones?

by Anonymousreply 1607/14/2010

Then just ask, OP. Don't be an anti-gay fuckwad.

by Anonymousreply 1707/14/2010

R16--I get my letters out to Mother Jones the first day the issue arrives in my mailbox.

Funny enough, though, the last letter I wrote to them was about their article about men with clitoris-envy. I didn't believe such a thing exists. And now I meet you.

I'll have to send them an apology.

by Anonymousreply 1807/14/2010

The Soup is wonderfully witty and insightful in its skewering of pop culture.

Tosh.0 is a series of fratty one-liners delivered by a witness aging standup trying to shave 8 years off by wearing tight tees and hoodies, who has a complete inability to connect with his audience.

by Anonymousreply 1907/14/2010

I like the The Dish.

Love Tosh.0!

Haven't watched The Soup since Greg Kinnear hosted it.

by Anonymousreply 2007/14/2010

[quote]Tosh.0 is a series of fratty one-liners delivered by a witness aging standup trying to shave 8 years off by wearing tight tees and hoodies, who has a complete inability to connect with his audience.

Can I get a witness?

The cutest of these hosts is Chris Hardwick of Web Soup. I was surprised to read that he's almost 40. He makes my dick hard.

And I, too, have introduced "smelling cookies" as a term in my daily life and it's working its way around town now. All thanks to DL and that comedian who was quoted.

by Anonymousreply 2107/14/2010

[quote]The cutest of these hosts is Chris Hardwick of Web Soup. I was surprised to read that he's almost 40. He makes my dick hard.

I would marry Chris Hardwick, or if his life depended on it, die for him. He is exquisite. And yes, it's unbelievable that he is almost 40. Blonds never hold up that well!

by Anonymousreply 2207/14/2010

I'd fight you for him, R22. A lot of his jokes do not land on Web Soup but I followed him to it as a fan of his work on Attack of the Show. He's just so cute I can't stand it. Even when his jokes are bad, I just laugh even louder and say "oh, you." I like to think that happens to him in real life, too.

by Anonymousreply 2307/14/2010

Please, let me straighten (hee hee) you guys out on this: Daniel Tosh is a straight guy playing a gay guy playing a straight guy. (I would have used the verb "do" instead of "play", but then I'd get all this like, "Ooh, Mary, are you doing a straight guy doing a gay guy doing a straight guy, too?" and all that rot. So please just try to concentrate, OK?)%0D %0D Thank you fellow fruits for listening. And you all know I'm right. You are all queer and you know you are. Data Lounge my ass. %0D %0D DOH! All right all right...

by Anonymousreply 2405/12/2011

His HBO special made me think of Sarah Silverman with a dick. Perhaps they share the same writer.

by Anonymousreply 2505/13/2011

I know a lot of you guys probably don't like him because of his show and its audience. But, Daniel doing his "acting gay" thing actually does tons to help normalize being gay. Think about his audience--insecure, young str8 guys (a lot of whom are african american). In a VERY subtle way, he is advancing our acceptance by making it seem ok (or at least funny) to be gay. No, he won't be remembered along side Harvey Milk but he's doing his small part.

by Anonymousreply 2605/13/2011

I don't think he's homophobic, but I am kind of uncomfortable about how much "look at the ridiculous black person" segments there are on his show. Am I alone in that?

by Anonymousreply 2705/13/2011

R26, how do you know a lot of his fans are African-Americans? I never heard that before. Is this like a famous piece of the Daniel Tosh puzzle? I find it fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 2805/13/2011

I need to lay off the meth, Mmmkay? Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 2908/30/2013

Cock shots?

by Anonymousreply 3008/31/2013

I could easily believe that he was a random gay dude plucked off the street to read jokes from cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 3108/31/2013

An unnecessary bump, but it offers the chance to note that his head looks like his mother clenched her knees together as his noggin was trying to excunt itself.

by Anonymousreply 3208/31/2013

If African-Americans are watching him, it's probably because they were looking for PETER Tosh and found him by mistake.

by Anonymousreply 3308/31/2013

He's America's Most Lovable Figure Squarely on the Autism Spectrum... excepting of course Temple Grandin!

by Anonymousreply 3408/31/2013

I'd love to run into him in a bath house!

by Anonymousreply 3509/01/2013

. . .and rub him

by Anonymousreply 3609/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!