Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jason Gould

What do we know about Bab's son and heir?

by Anonymousreply 7404/20/2012

That he won't get his inheritance until the year 2040. He'll be supporting his father with his trust fund until 2014.

by Anonymousreply 107/11/2010

Gay of course, and there was a rumor he had AIDS, I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

Was the impetus for the duet between his mother and Donna Summer. Jason was a big Donna fan and never played his mother's albums, so Barbara wanted to record with Donna to finally hear her voice coming out of his room.

Earlier, Jason had also been responsible for Barbara recording "Main Event", her first disco hit. Main Event and the duet with Donna both had the same songwriters. They were invited to Barbara's home to play the song, and she didn't seem very interested, but Jason was listening too and started going around singing it. Which convinced Barbara to record it.

by Anonymousreply 207/11/2010

My name is BARBRA...

by Anonymousreply 307/11/2010

He made a short movie that was included, I think, in the Boys Briefs collection.

by Anonymousreply 407/11/2010

True R4, and it is very telling that in the film, Elliot Gould, Jason's real father, plays his father, but the mother is simply talked about and never appears. BTW, really terrible movie.

by Anonymousreply 607/11/2010

Gould seems very content to be out of the spotlight. I remember a post here about somebody who met him and slept with him in an apartment near West End Avenue or Riverside Drive. They didn't let on that they knew who Gould was until later and after that, Gould never called him back.

by Anonymousreply 707/11/2010

Streisand always praise her son in the press ("very talented director" etc.) but there must be some tension if he's doing little, work-wise and she's always been so driven (until late middle age, at least)

by Anonymousreply 907/11/2010

That she'll probably outlive him.

by Anonymousreply 1007/11/2010

They say Karl Rove was behind the rumors about Jason being HIV positive. They say he went after Barbra and Martha Stewart because they were power democratic donors and fundraisers. If this is true it worked and they even got Martha in jail. Repugs take no prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 1107/11/2010

I'm lost. Can you tell me where to find the thread on Ru Paul's Drag U?

by Anonymousreply 1207/20/2010

She once spoke of him publicly as "lazy"--I can't remember when or in what context, though.

by Anonymousreply 1407/20/2010

I've only heard good things about him by people who have actually met him. They say he is shy, very smart and humble.

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2010

[quote]by: Bab's%0D %0D Oye Vey.

by Anonymousreply 1607/20/2010

I heard that he was a snotty brat but this was in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 1707/20/2010

If I was Laine Kazan's daughter I'd steal his sperm and pregnant myself, so I could get my hands on a trust fund for the baby.

by Anonymousreply 1807/20/2010

Sorry, but I think the AIDS story is true. All the tabloids have run stories about having AIDS. If it weren't true, Babs would have sicked her legal team on them. My guess is that the repukes learned of his status and then fed that info to the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 1907/20/2010

If Babs sued Jason would have to take part in a deposition and the other side would be able to ask whatever questions they want, and it would be all public record. Plus he;d have to undergo a physical and and AIDS test.

You think Babs wants to put her son through that?

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2010

It would never get that far. These tabloids fold pretty quickly when they're threatened with legal action by stars.

by Anonymousreply 2107/20/2010

A few years ago he was crossing 7th avenue towards me. I recognized him, smiled, he smiled back. Seemed like a sweet, unassuming guy.

by Anonymousreply 2207/20/2010

In the early 80's, I remember rumors that he would show up at the gay bars in LA in drag dressed as his mother. Apparently, Babs was not amused and the tabloids we silenced.

by Anonymousreply 2307/20/2010

The RIght might have leaked the AIDS diagnosis (whether true or untrue), but it wasn't Karl Rove. I first heard the rumors about Jason Gould and being HIV positive in the mid-90s, long before Rove was nationally known.

by Anonymousreply 2407/20/2010

Didn't he talk about his HIV status in his Advocate interview? And he's HIV-positive, but he hasn't progressed to having the disease. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 2507/21/2010

It was probably Lee Atwater, not Rove who planted the story.

by Anonymousreply 2607/21/2010

It's all quite sad. the thing I find most perplexing is that Barbra couldn't accept her son being gay. granted, she's always seemed to have a problem really embracing her gay following. She certainly was never a Garland in that respect. She took the "gay" content out of Yentl, something that totally pissed off Issac Bashevis Singer (to his great credit). She even added the homophobic line about a marriage between two women not being a real marriage. there had been homophobia in her movies before, but she totally controlled Yentl.

So...why the homophobia? Why did she reject her son? Elliot Gould, who'd been in movies with homophobic dialog himself, completely accepted Jason. It apparently took Babs a long time...assuming she's ever fully accepted it.

I don't think it's the same thing that happened with Cher. I think Cher always held out the possibility that Chastity would one day embrace being more feminine and pretty like Cher's mother and sister. Cher always held herself in a lower position, feeling she never matched the prettiness of her blonde waspy mom and sister.I don't think it was Chaz's lesbianism that Cher reacted badly to, as much as it was the reality that Chaz would never be the feminine pretty blonde Cher wanted "her" to be.

I don't get Barbra's rejection, except to assume that she's a moralist and very uptight. For someone who tries to appear to be so liberal, she certainly acted like a freeper over her son being gay.

by Anonymousreply 2707/21/2010

Oh and...the thing is...she NEVER talks about him. She talks about Brolin incessantly, and I think she's even talked about Brolin's son and daughter-in-law. But I've never once seen her mention her son in an interview. She's certainly never talked about him being gay. Given that he's out as Gay (and HIV positive), you'd think someone would ask her about him. But they've obviously been directed not to. Similarly, she never ever seems to talk about her gay following. Which I think is tremendously unusual for someone who benefited so much from having one. She'll talk about being an inspiration for women (gag) and give her pseudo-feminist acknowledgement to her frau fans. But gays don't quite rate with Babs.

by Anonymousreply 2807/21/2010

R20/22/28/29 is loony. Barbra has openly embraced her son's homosexuality, and has done a lot for gay causes.

I can't stand Streisand as a performer, but even I - who don't follow her rabidly like her fans - have read interviews where she talks lovingly of him and how talented she thinks he is.

She wasn't in his little movie because he didn't want her in it - he knew it would turn it into something he didn't want it to be.

by Anonymousreply 2907/21/2010

I would love to see the proof that Singer objected to the Yentl film because of its lack of homoerotic content.

by Anonymousreply 3007/21/2010

R22 are you kidding? The tabs would LOVE for Jason to take a deposition. Everything he says in the deposition is public record and they could re-print EVERY WORD he says.

They'd love for a lawsuit cause then they would reprint his words LEGALLY.

by Anonymousreply 3107/21/2010

R30- you're the loon, bitch. Jason talked about his parents' reaction to his coming out, in his interviews. You're full of shit. Name ONE gay rights benefit Barbra has sung for. ONE.

by Anonymousreply 3207/21/2010

R31- where were you when the film came out? He made it very clear that he disapproved of her changes to his stories, particularly the aspect involving the relationship between the two women. You need "proof"? Go find those old archived interviews.

by Anonymousreply 3307/21/2010

Ever see that action film he did "Subterfuge" with some hot blonde guy in the lead? I always thought he was doing him. And I read someplace that Jason & Chas were playmates when kids and they used to go back and forth between Cher's & Bab's houses. Invariably ending up at Cher's because she wasn't so controlling. And I heard he likes getting pounded by big black guys, like Tyson Beckford.

by Anonymousreply 3407/21/2010

Also saw him at G once in early 2000s holding court with a group of guys.

by Anonymousreply 3507/21/2010

This thread is so ridiculous, none of you know either of them. "Babs" - does anyone call her that except a DL idiot?

by Anonymousreply 3607/21/2010

Enter "barbra streisand supports gay rights" into Google and get 8 million hits, R33. I didn't look for performances, but you get the point. And I'm not R30.

by Anonymousreply 3707/21/2010

He lives on West End. I used to frequently see him at my gym (Equinox) on the UWS. Okay looking in person, a little doughy. Cruisy in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 3807/21/2010

Used to live at 210 RSD.

by Anonymousreply 3907/22/2010

"Oh, look at this gentleman here..."%0D %0D That was a funny little role and he was perfect in it.

by Anonymousreply 4007/22/2010

[quote]This thread is so ridiculous, none of you know either of them.

I was unaware that we had to know celebrities personally to talk about them on an anonymous gay gossip site. What a fascinating requirement.

[quote]"Babs" - does anyone call her that except a DL idiot?

Yes, gossip columnists call her that all the time. They also refer to madonna as "Madge" and Michael Jackson as "Jacko," etc., and so do people here.

Perhaps you would prefer we refer to her as "Barbra Joan Streisand." Or better yet, "Miss Streisand."

by Anonymousreply 4107/22/2010

Isaac Beshevis Singer hated Yentl, but not because of any perceived homophobia. He thought Babs was too old for the part, did not appreciate the interpretation or the music and was unhappy with the big finish. His wife, though, was highly complimentary of the film

by Anonymousreply 4207/22/2010

Barbra talked very lovingly about her gay fan on "Inside The Actor's Studio".

Maybe Jason doesn't want his mom to talk about him. He seems very private. James/Josh Brolin and Diane Lane are all actors so they're more in the spotlight. Jason seems like he just wants to be a private citizen.

by Anonymousreply 4307/22/2010

LOL R42.

by Anonymousreply 4507/23/2010

Barbra is a big time old Hollywood liberal and she has put her butt and money on the line for the Democratic party and liberal causes. Her support of the Clinton's is legendary. She's a Jew and the Christian Conservative Right hates her, they will never get her to kowtow to them. For years she was enemy #1 for Rove and his minions. They couldn't get any scandal to stick to her so they went after Jason.

Talent skips a generation is a rude comment. Jason has a real life and his mom did a great job raising him. He's never in the press, never a scandal...

by Anonymousreply 4607/23/2010

Total pussy hound. Big Bush supporter.

by Anonymousreply 4707/23/2010

I am in love with him. VERY good looking - he used to date an International Male underwear model, back in the late 80's. I'd pay for a pair of his used underwear! Bet they smell great!

by Anonymousreply 4807/23/2010

He seems like a really nice guy, not intrested in any drama, leave him alone

by Anonymousreply 4907/23/2010

There was a biography of Babs done years ago that quoted one of her old hairdressers as saying that she didn't want him around Jason, because she didn't want him growing up like that. Someone else (might have been Joe Layton, not exactly sure) said that Barbra could be very homophobic at times back in the early days.%0D %0D I don't think she has ever really hated gay people, but if you look at some of her earlier movies, she doesn't have a problem using stereotypes. I think having a gay kid abolished all of that. Which is fine, because people do evolve, and like another poster said, she has put her money where her mouth is, and put herself on the line for us (She started the successful Colorado boycott of 1992)

by Anonymousreply 5007/23/2010

Yes, we should support her and her family, stand behind them.

by Anonymousreply 5107/23/2010

Poor guy. Jason spent much of his childhood living with Jon Peters and his son (and his mom, of course).

by Anonymousreply 5207/23/2010

At least he didn't have to live with Lesley Ann Warren. That would have REALLY scarred him.

by Anonymousreply 5307/23/2010

I thought he was nice.

by Anonymousreply 5407/31/2010

Someone should start a thread on Jason Gould.

by Anonymousreply 5507/31/2010

is it true his photo is on the bush thread?

by Anonymousreply 5610/30/2010

no it's on the hairy bottom thread

by Anonymousreply 5710/30/2010

anyone know what he does?

by Anonymousreply 5807/11/2011

[quote]If I was Laine Kazan's daughter I'd steal his sperm and pregnant myself, so I could get my hands on a trust fund for the baby.

The feathered hat isn't enough?

by Anonymousreply 5907/11/2011

WEHT Jason? Still doing films? It's like he disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 6007/12/2011

R33 and other posts is a bit off the map. To me the language and sentiment used in his post informs the content.%0D %0D Yes absolutely Streisand has performed and participated in events for the GLTG community. She has produced from pretty hard hitting films on our political issues as well. She famously sang at an LA benefit and called for a boycott in CO in the early 90s over their homophobic legisltation. She has given millions to HIV related charity- a number of her very best friends (one I know quite well) since the very beginning of her career and adult life, are gay. I have never heard of or read a word critical of her son (from her son) relative to his being gay, or anything for that matter. She seems to adore him. She has said he is not driven like she is, which is not the same as saying he is lazy-in fact perhaps more of a criticism of herself.%0D %0D I have met him a couple of times at some events in NYC. He was normal, cute, small, very pleasant. I did not tell him I was a fan of his mothers either. I can understand him being put off by that, as well as understand him being quite used to it. %0D %0D My older gay friend who has known Barbra since about 1960 has told me that she is really just a person who works harder than anyone he knows and has huge ambition for anything she is involved in- an obsessive worker. This sounds a lot like a number of very successful people I know, obviously not famous, or as famous in one case. %0D %0D I think her life, her lack of drama (save tabloid carrying on about her love life in years past) and substance abuse history- and Gould's rather ordinary life aside from the wealth and fame of his mother paints a mundane picture of stablity. Her decades long (life long) philanthropy and Foundation also indicate a very thoughtful person who wants to use her great success for the benefit of others, and she does.

by Anonymousreply 6107/12/2011

Does he still live in NY? I thought he went back to LA?

by Anonymousreply 6207/12/2011

Jesus, charlie, lay off the drunk posting.

by Anonymousreply 6307/12/2011

charlie, are you still telling that story? Streisand is an obsessed micro-manager who doesn't trust anyone to do their job. She is a fucking nightmare to work with. Yes, I know someone who has. She the same way with dressers, contractors and household staff. %0D %0D "Her decades long (life long) philanthropy and Foundation also indicate a very thoughtful person who wants to use her great success for the benefit of others, and she does..."%0D %0D LOL. Doesn't every egomaniac celebrity say that? They dump a ton of money on charities to clean up their image.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6407/12/2011

Doesn't he run her production company, barwood films?

by Anonymousreply 6507/15/2011

He produces films now.

by Anonymousreply 6607/17/2011

I think Barbra supports gay rights, but some of the examples some of you give as proof that she supports gay rights is flawed.%0D %0D %0D %0D >>>Enter"barbra streisand supports gay rights" into Google and get 8 million hits%0D %0D %0D %0D So? I put george w bush supports gay rights and 10,900,000 hits come up. Doesn't mean he supports gay rights%0D %0D %0D %0D >>>Barbra is a big time old Hollywood liberal and she has put her butt and money on the line for the Democratic party and liberal causes. Her support of the Clinton's is legendary.%0D %0D %0D %0D Supporting the democratic party does NOT mean supporting gay rights. Many democratic politicians are against gay rights. And what does the fact that she (Barbra) supports the Clinton's have to do with support for gay people? Not one damn thing. Who was it who signed the defense of marriage act into law? The clinton's. Who signed Don't ask Don't Tell' into law? bill clinton. The Clinton's aren't friends of the gays

by Anonymousreply 6707/17/2011

Ok, r68, fair enough. Can you list some better examples?

by Anonymousreply 6807/17/2011

[quote]Oye Ve

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 6907/17/2011

I'm gonna send him my script.

by Anonymousreply 7007/24/2011

R54 What does that mean? Is Lesley Ann Warren a nightmare or something?

by Anonymousreply 7107/24/2011

Would YOU work if your mother was a ga-zillionaire????

by Anonymousreply 7204/20/2012

I am in love with him. VERY good looking - he used to date an International Male underwear model, back in the late 80's. I'd pay for a pair of his used underwear! Bet they smell great!

R48, I remember that ,and I think his mother bought the two of them a mansion in Northern California near where I live. She bought a place so the two of them to live together.

I have read that Barbra is a major witch. I agree with R64. These rich and famous people give a lot of money to various charities to build up their image,and the tax write off doesn't hurt either. Barbra has given millions and millions of dollars to Israel so has Elizabeth Taylor. people are so gullible and make the rich and famous who give money like they are saintly. Just because he or she gives money does not mean he or she is an all around kind person. They can be kind with charity work and a nightmare in other areas of their lives.

I remember Barbra produced that TV movie staring Glen Close as a Lesbian who is being discriminated against in the military because she is a lesbian. However, I think Barbra was focused on the fact that it was a woman who was having an issue with the military not necessary a lesbian having an issue so much.

I remember so man on DL who was a gay lawyer ,and who worked in Hollywood for many years said Barbra could be just an angle ,but if you didn't do something correct, you had hell to pay. He said she had a side to her that she could be very vicious.

by Anonymousreply 7304/20/2012

charlie, is your friend also named Eliot?

"Stick around. We're going to have a little party."

by Anonymousreply 7404/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!