Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lebron James

What is controversy over him about?%0D %0D I keep seeing his name...I am not into sports.%0D %0D What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 10705/10/2013

No controversy unless you're a b-ball fan in Cleveland. He became a free agent and whipped up a hoo-ha about whether he was going to stay in Cleveland or go to another town. There was a big push in New York for him to sign with the Knicks. Yesterday, he announced he is signing with the Miami Heat and everyone hates him now.

by Anonymousreply 107/10/2010

What ever he did, it was apparently much more important than war and the oil spill. I can assure you of that.

Wait what? He just changed basketball teams? Well I guess I better become more concerned with basketball now.

by Anonymousreply 207/10/2010

I posted a long winded response to this last night, but it was mysteriously erased. I'll try again:

1. Lebron is a once in a generation player. Only Kobe Bryant surpasses him since the last iconic player, Jordan.

2. As an iconic player, winning a championship is crucial towards cementing your legacy among the pantheon of great players. This is more true in basketball than any other sport because less people play (5 to 9 in baseball) and players play offense and defense (unlike football). Lebron has yet to win a championship. Kobe has five.

3. Usually, even great players, take time to get to the championship level. Their team must draft well, get a lucky trade or two, toe the line, mature, learn to trust, find the right cogs, etc. All those sport cliches.

4. Lebron is from Akron. He is a home town kid. Cleveland has had the worst sporting luck of any city, in all sports. By far. They finally broke the curse when he was drafted by the Cavs. A championship seemed imminent.

5. In seven years, he failed to win. But so did Jordan in his first seven years, and he ended up with six.

6. Instead of pushing through for his home team (which Lebron would've done eventually), he chose to jump ship and form a "superteam" with two other all world players (Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh) in Miami. This is an unprecedented move in NBA history.

7. That was his right however, as a free agent, even if it goes against the spirit of the game, even if it feels like legal cheating, like trying to get to heaven without dying. But what was a undeniably SHITTY move, was to hold an hour long ESPN special called "The Decision" that basically was a big fuck you to the poor Cleveland faithful who made him a famous millionaire. He should have had a small press conference saying he was choosing to leave for Miami like every other mega star, from Shaq to Kobe to Garnett to MJ have done since forever. It was beyond tacky and made him an instant villain to many NBA fans. Myself included.

Hope that helps!

by Anonymousreply 307/10/2010

R3 is why I hate modern sports and all its hype. "Pantheon"? Really?

by Anonymousreply 407/10/2010

It's about where he's going to be overpaid.

by Anonymousreply 507/10/2010

The media constructed a false image of humbleness and likability for him which is now destroyed, just like Tiger had attained a great rep while stuff was hidden. You just know that Lebron is cheating . Why else would he still be in a relationship with the mother of his kids and not marry her?

And good luck selling that 40,000 plus square foot house in Cleveland. What a smart decision it was to build that. But either way, it's just a guy dribbling a ball, which makes this so annoying. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 607/10/2010

[quote]But what was a undeniably SHITTY move, was to hold an hour long ESPN special called "The Decision" that basically was a big fuck you to the poor Cleveland faithful who made him a famous millionaire. %0D %0D Couldn't agree more. When I heard about the TV show I figured he was staying put, as it would have just been too shitty to create your own TV special to kick your home town in the nuts.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 707/10/2010

There was even talk of how much money Lebron-mania would generate in whichever city he decided to play.

New York estimated he would have generated $58 million dollars in taxes. The way Bloomberg was rooting for Lebron, it made it seem like he was counting on that money for the next budget.

Cleveland thinks this will destroy their city.

by Anonymousreply 807/10/2010

WHO??????????????

by Anonymousreply 907/10/2010

Honestly it's beyond me why people get their panties in a bunch about where some hyperthryroid case drools or dribbles or whatever its called.

by Anonymousreply 1007/10/2010

I read an article where the reporter was in a bar in Cleveland during the announcement. And there were men crying over this. People that stupid deserve to be punched in the face. What a bunch of dumb pussies. This is what happens when you mindlessly worship celebrities.

Unlike someone, say a great musician or actor, how can you get a deep emotional connection for a person playing with a ball? It's ridiculous. It's not art.

by Anonymousreply 1107/10/2010

R3 uses too many commas and says "less" when it should be "fewer" -- but he/she knows his/her basketball.

by Anonymousreply 1207/10/2010

We hate him in NE Ohio, not because he went to Miami, but the way he did it. It was with total and utter disrespect for his "family". He preached loyalty, respect and family yet displayed none of it himself. It was if someone went on national television, announcing to his spouse that he was divorcing her and introducing his next trophy wife at the same time. He treated Cleveland like shit.

by Anonymousreply 1307/10/2010

He just repeated the same empty platitudes that he was coached to say in interviews over the years, just like Tiger.

by Anonymousreply 1407/10/2010

I live in the Cleveland area. Clevelanders feel that LeBron, who alwats said that "home" was important and he wanted to win for the city, and his hometownof Akron meant everthing to him, decided to ditch the city and the team on National TV. %0D %0D Then, he goes on to tweet: %0D %0D What's up yall. Just landed in my new home. Thanks to all the fans and Miami organization who greeted me. The Road to History starts now! %0D %0D I guess that his "road to history" didn't start in Akron or in Cleveland. %0D %0D He also kept up this image of the humble home boy and that veneer seems to have cracked. %0D %0D The people of Cleveland understand he wants his ring, but his ditching his team on national TV shows he has no class. %0D %0D My prediction is he will soon forget his girlfriend and their children, and will get caught in some scandal with some tart in Miami. His elbow is also bad and I wonder how that will hold up. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1507/10/2010

He has commitment problems.

by Anonymousreply 1607/10/2010

No. Class.

And, has he lived a hard life? He looks like he's in his 40's, to me.

I was so hoping the giant billboard of him hanging in downtown Cleveland, would go up in flames.

But, no such luck.

Sigh....

by Anonymousreply 1707/10/2010

This all seems so ridiculous to me. If people get so upset over one guy leaving their home team then maybe the real problem is that the rest of the team isn't so great.

by Anonymousreply 1807/10/2010

What do you really expect? The guy was born to a 15 year old mother and doesn't know who his father is. He was in and out of foster homes during his childhood because of his mother drug issues (and take if from me you have to have a pretty f'd up home life to be put in foster care). Then, when people realize that he has talent, he's put in private school (no way could his mom afford that) and also on a pedistal. Under the circumstances I think he's done ok, with his background he could have turned out a lot worse.%0D %0D I personally think he's done with Cleveland at least in part because of his mother and Delonte West having that affair and EVERYONE knowing about it except him. Plus he's a young rich dude and Cleveland is not exactly the most exciting place in the world to live. And yes the televsion show was tacky but you have to realize that this guy is very frustrated about not winning a ring this year (and Kobe winning one yet AGAIN)so he probably wanted the attention.%0D %0D And as far as Savannah (babymomma) is concerned, I'm pretty sure she knows what the deal is, was and will be. She knows that no matter what happens, she is getting paid one way or another. She's got people coaching her too. There is a reason you *never* hear him talking about her. I do believe that sometime in the future she's going to take the money and go quietly. She's been with him since highschool and she's lucky to have lasted this long.

by Anonymousreply 1907/10/2010

I just wonder if he tapped the closet case Jay Z's booty yet. J is clearly in love with LBJ.

by Anonymousreply 2007/10/2010

Well, if it were not for the NBA, there would be a lot of 7 foot janitors.

by Anonymousreply 2107/10/2010

Gloria James is under the wraps of a big, burly ex-cop who has been instructed to never let her drive drunk ever again.%0D %0D I'll soon let everyone know just how many establishments he wrecked or stiffed while in Akron/Cleveland. This piece of shit tipped 1% maybe 2% tops. Let him try that shit in South Beach. He'll get stabbed by a savvy, hunky Cuban queen not to mention a vicious face slapping and a verbal ass chewing. After Lebron fucks the bitch silly, of course.

by Anonymousreply 2207/10/2010

FWIW, proceeds from the TV special supposedly went to charity - The Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

by Anonymousreply 2307/10/2010

He promised his high school, St. Vincent-Saint Mary's a new gymnasium, too, but his nasty fucking mother snorted that money.

by Anonymousreply 2407/10/2010

R3, that was awesome! Thanks for summarizing.

by Anonymousreply 2507/10/2010

It's all about him and winning his big fucking championship ring. The only thing he cares about is getting the bling on his finger. He can't even pretend it's about the game, or about teamwork, or about being a part of #1 franchise.%0D %0D No, this is all about JEWELRY.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2607/10/2010

R22 I have heard he was a terrible tipper, spill the beans, plz.

by Anonymousreply 2707/10/2010

Sorry for my grammar gaffes, R12. I wrote that very quickly and didn't edit at all. Kind of like Lebron during his special.

I will happily answer any and all basketball (or any sport, for that matter) queries.

Anyone? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 2807/10/2010

[quote]In seven years, he failed to win. But so did Jordan in his first seven years, and he ended up with six.

Yes, but let's see if Lebron and D Wade can keep their MASSIVE egos in control long enough to win a championship together. I foresee a Kobe/Shaq meltdown, even though I think no one can be a bigger cunt than Kobe Bryant. And Lebron should not be compared to MJ. MJ was somewhat modest during his heyday, and he was part of a TEAM, something non existent in basketball and sports in general now. I cant think about MJ without Scotty Pippen and Dennis Rodman. At least they were champions before they started being self aggrandizing douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 2907/10/2010

Everybody's been pissing their pants about it here in Kentucky, too. Big fucking deal--I'm not into breederball.

by Anonymousreply 3007/10/2010

A few things r29:

1. The great mystery to be played out is can Lebron and Wade, two of the best three players in the game, can co-exist. It has ONLY been done by Kobe and Shaq (never before has two top five players been on the same team, in their prime), and while that resulted in three championships, it was beyond contentious. I think Wade will be willing to do it, but not Lebron. And, frankly, Wade is a better fourth quarter than Lebron.

2. Kobe is the most misunderstand athlete in all sports. He is literally obsessed with the game. Obsessed. He wants to win more than anyone who has ever played, save Jordan. That has come across as cuntiness, I agree. But, the whole Shaq/Kobe debacle was just as much Shaq's fault (who was older and wiser) than Kobe (who was young and stubborn). But Kobe's arrogance and singular focus makes it easy to hate him. He has redeemed himself, however.

3. Jordan was BY FAR the most arrogant asshole whoever played the game, save for Larry Bird. He was never modest, he just played in a different era, when ESPN didn't have round the clock coverage on everything every player does/says. Watch his HOF acceptance speech. The man was the greatest player and the greatest douche ever.

I would never compare to Lebron to MJ. MJ is the number one player of all time. Lebron hasn't won shit, so he isn't even in the convo. But he might have been at the end of his career had he stayed in Cleveland. Or went to Chicago. Now, he will always be Kobe's inferior, for best player of his era.

by Anonymousreply 3107/10/2010

Ok r31, I somewhat believe that Jordan was arrogant, back then. You would have to be to work with Phil Jackson, who I think is the biggest douche ever. But I still feel like he valued the Bulls AND himself individually, as a sportsman. Lebron is the poster child for this new generation of players just looking for the most exposure. And Im not from Cleveland either. Kobe is still the biggest diva in basketball, you better believe it. I think Kobe's success has relied much more on Phil Jackson's (another obsessed freak) coddling and mastery of the game than MJ's did.

by Anonymousreply 3207/10/2010

R15, I totally agree about him ditching his wife! I totally foresee him getting embroiled in all sorts of scandals. And he's just turned himself into a polarizing figure, so the press will be watching his every move.

My prediction: an illegitimate child and his presence at a party where someone is shot. And that's just year one.

by Anonymousreply 3307/10/2010

Tipped 1 or 2 percent? Come on, nobody does that. Please.

by Anonymousreply 3407/10/2010

R26, you're right, it's all about surface image. Which explains his ridiculous, tasteless house, and his desire to be a billionaire. Empty and meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 3507/10/2010

I don't think he's married.

by Anonymousreply 3607/10/2010

R32, I am a Kobe convert. He is a diva. They all are. But he is so skilled, so adept at everything that makes a basketball player great. His killer instinct is second to none. He constantly tweaks his game. He is always trying to better his talent. I wouldn't want to have a beer with him, but he is, simply, the third best player of all time, after MJ and Magic. He was the hardware and the stats to prove that.

by Anonymousreply 3707/10/2010

Someone at DL who had inside info said that Kobe did that one girl up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 3807/10/2010

R11 I imagine it wasn't only about "mindlessly worshipping celebrities",but the fact their team was so royally fucked over by one of their own. If I were a die hard Cleveland supporter I'd be more tha a bit upset too.

by Anonymousreply 3907/10/2010

R39, crying over basketball is mindless.

by Anonymousreply 4007/10/2010

A lot of sports stars don't tip.

by Anonymousreply 4107/10/2010

[quote]LeBron tried to get many a server fired for them not kissing his ass and his posse's ass.

And yet he uses the word 'humble' in most interviews.

by Anonymousreply 4307/10/2010

R40 So are a lot of things people do for entertainment. Would you say crying at the end of a sad film was also mindless?

People form attachments to the teams they support is all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 4407/10/2010

Basketball popularity is an even bigger mystery than that of baseball. Other than a handful of iconic players like Larry Bird, the best players are all interchangeable and you can't even tell them apart.

by Anonymousreply 4507/10/2010

[quote]I was so hoping the giant billboard of him hanging in downtown Cleveland, would go up in flames.%0D %0D It was guarded by police the night of "The Decision." They took it down today.

by Anonymousreply 4607/10/2010

[quote]Would you say crying at the end of a sad film was also mindless?

As long as it's not a cheesy weepy one, but something that genuinely touches you. Dribbling a ball does not touch anyone.

by Anonymousreply 4707/10/2010

Those people in the bar in Cleveland and many other sports supporters around the world would beg to differ R47. And I'd bet everything I own on there being some tears tomorrow when either Spain or Holland win the World Cup. I suppose we have to agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 4807/10/2010

That's fine r48. I just think they are all stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4907/10/2010

"As long as it's not a cheesy weepy one, but something that genuinely touches you. Dribbling a ball does not touch anyone."%0D %0D What if the ball slips while it's being dribbled and ends up punching someone in the face?

by Anonymousreply 5007/10/2010

I met LeBron when he was in high school, and met Kobe when I was a kid. I think I was enamored with Kobe, being a little kid, but he had such a strong presence and yes arrogance that he commanded respect or hatred even at such a young age.

LeBron really was a humble kid, and I know even in high school he hoped that Cleveland wouldn't pick him in the draft.

The sad thing is even though he was conflicted, and owner Dan Gilbert is a fuck-up, he could have won one title and been loved for life.

I'm glad he didn't go to Chicago or New York as the LeBron meltdown would happen faster than it will in Miami. PEDs, other drugs, and baby mamas.

I used to care about basketball when I was in high school and younger, but you start to learn of the basketball pimps that run AAU(for those that don't follow basketball outside of this, it is basically adults who coach and manage young kids in basketball club teams, and direct them towards high schools and colleges. College basketball is by FAR the dirtiest sport today.) and it isn't as much fun to watch for entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 5107/10/2010

LeBron proved himself to be classless, heartless and probably worse. For those of you who don't get it, you probably never will. I rather enjoyed the letter that the Cavs owner released after LeBron bolted to Miami. Cleveland deserved better. It's a great town -- much better than most of you are probably aware.

by Anonymousreply 5207/10/2010

R49 is right, it's sheer stupidity. You have to wonder at what age someone who cries about sports stars stopped maturing; 14 or 18? 12? And this is coming from someone who's appreciation of the sport is bordering on "obsession". Bunch of losers crying over another grown ass man's life choices. No one player is ever bigger than the game.

by Anonymousreply 5307/10/2010

Around Ohio and I'm sure in other areas, GPA's have been lowered to appease the need for sports players. But, that is cruel and still "slavery" in disguise. These kids who become sports figures, and very wealthy sports figures, are functionally illiterate. The way these guys blow money is astonishing. They know nothing about checking accounts, savings accounts, or the stock market. Most are bankrupt way before they are eliglible for social security and most are crippled for life at a very young age. %0D %0D R51 calls college ball dirty but it starts way before college. It's truly jaw dropping how the parents and administrators are raising gladiators. Look at any high school recruiting program and especially the parochial schools.

by Anonymousreply 5407/10/2010

[quote]Someone at DL who had inside info said that Kobe did that one girl up the ass.

Wouldn't you if the alternative could result in lifelong babymama payments?

by Anonymousreply 5507/10/2010

[quote]They know nothing about checking accounts, savings accounts, or the stock market. Most are bankrupt way before they are eliglible for social security and most are crippled for life at a very young age.%0D %0D There was a recent article where someone who used to play with the Chicago Bulls is now living in a car. He didn't do drugs, didn't squander his money foolishly, no vices at all. He was a victum of bad luck and just uneducated. He played before the multimillion contracts but he earned more than normal people would--$2 million dollars which was a lot in the 80s. He just didn't know what to do with his life after basketball.

by Anonymousreply 5607/10/2010

LOL on Jordan's modesty. He was renowned for his trash talking, bar none. He referred to his teammates as his supporting cast as he was some great diva.%0D %0D It will be a strange NBA season where Kobe Bryant won't be the most hated player (outside of LA).%0D %0D James, by this move, ceded any claims as heir to the Jordan mantel. He's going to Dwayne Wade's team. Bird, Magic and Jordan--imagine any of them NOT being "the man"? They had great teammates of course, you can't win in the NBA without 2-3 good/great players. But all three of them were unquestionably the leaders of their team. Kobe has been and remains the only player who can match and/or pass Jordan. Doesn't matter how many championships and MVPs James wins, it won't be him. If it's not Kobe, it'll be the next great phenom down the road.

by Anonymousreply 5707/10/2010

About 360,000,000 results found for LeBron James on Google.%0D %0D Jesus Christ 70,900,000.%0D %0D The Beatles 128,000,000.%0D %0D M. Jordon 305,000.%0D %0D Pope Benedict 12,400,000.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5807/10/2010

Was a fan until the big special. Not anymore, especially after seeing clips of that ego-filling shit they put out in Miami where the 3 came up like superheroes. I am now a fan of anyone except Miami and I hope Kobe gets 5 more rings before the former King gets anything. And no, I don't live in Cleveland, I'm in Atlanta and I am not even a big basketball fan. But I know no-class when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 5907/10/2010

As a gay who doesn't follow sports at all I'm glad to see so many in this thread to do.

by Anonymousreply 6007/10/2010

What the fuck is up with all this Kobe Bryant reverence on this thread? He's a fucking rapist, people.

by Anonymousreply 6107/10/2010

R57 is spot on. Lebron could have surpassed Kobe as the greatest player of his generation, but not now. Kobe has five, two where he was 1A, three he was 1B. However many Lebron wins, he will always be 1B.

by Anonymousreply 6207/10/2010

The Beatles ARE more popular than Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 6307/10/2010

r61: Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 6407/10/2010

I think it's silly. I don't understand the hatred for LJ. He became a free agent and decided to split. He did his time in Cleveland. It's just the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 6507/10/2010

He made it a spectacle, r65. He made himself bigger than the game, and he has no right to do that. Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, they have at least four rings. They have earned the right to do things like that, but they don't. It's classless. And beyond arrogant.

And R61, he was acquitted of rape. No one really thinks he raped that girl. No one.

by Anonymousreply 6607/10/2010

I always wondered how Lebron had about fifty tattoos when he was 18. Did he start getting inked when he was seven?

by Anonymousreply 6707/10/2010

I suppose making a tv show about his decision is stupid. I live in LA and I dislike Kobe for a lot of things but mostly for the shitty way he treated Shaq (claiming in public Shaq cheats on his wife to Shaq's wife surprise) and ousted him. That's why I'm not attached to the Lakers although I like Phil Jackson a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6807/10/2010

I don't know why you all think he'll suddenly dump his babymama when he moves to Miami. Do you really think he hasn't been besieged by groupies since he was in high school?

by Anonymousreply 6907/10/2010

R53, it's not even about the sport, it's ultimately about the hero worship.

by Anonymousreply 7007/10/2010

MC Hammer also blew his huge fortune like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 7107/10/2010

I remember at the time that there was video footage I think during a practice which caught Jordan being a huge asshole to teammate Steve Kerr.

by Anonymousreply 7207/11/2010

I can also confirm that Charles Barkley is a huge asshole who is a huge womanizer. No surprises there.

by Anonymousreply 7307/11/2010

I love basketball, although I think there are serious problems with NBA. And I've been following the Lebron James bullshit with great interest. I've heard and read all of the analysis but to me, the most succinct, meaningful summation of the whole debacle is at R6. Well said and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 7407/11/2010

R31 makes some great points. And as for the Shaq/Kobe pairing, you're right, Shaq was to blame, too. I think he should shoulder most of the blame because he evidently did everything he could to antagonize Kobe. Since he left the Lakers, he has said some strange things about Kobe, even going so far as to claim that they never had a problem when they played together, that Kobe was his great friend, blah blah. Shaq is an asshole of Grade A proportions. And don't even get me started about his abuse of women.

Jordan was not only a fucking asshole, he was notorious for beating the shit out of his teammates for missing shots or making stupid plays. That was never covered by the media because they worshiped Jordan. When Kobe came into the league, the media made the story "Look at this kid who thinks he's the next MJ." And that's basically how they covered Kobe, which did not endear him to others. LeBron came into the league, and the media allowed him to annoint himself as the King. He has always garndered favorable coverage since then.

What is most interesting about all this is that the sports media constantly calls LeBron James the greatest player in basketball. Yet, in big games, he has proven only that he knows how to lose games and doesn't have the mental toughness necessary to gut out those hard wins. I personally think this experiment will fail. They have to sign 11 other players before this team has any sort of real identity. And then they have to play and win. Bosh and Wade will mesh because they're complimentary players but I don't think LeBron James will be able to subjugate his ego to Wade's.

I'd like to hear more gossip from the poster who mentioned the relationship between Delonte West and James' mother. What else do you know? He's a bad tipper?

I thought it was hilarious that, just before his tv special, James asked Ohio cops to watch his house. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 7507/11/2010

More about Jordan's philandering, please.

by Anonymousreply 7607/11/2010

R65, I used to feel that way, too, but then I heard and read some things about Shaq. He mistreats women, at the least, and has even hit women and gotten away with it. When Kobe was being interviewed by the cops about the rape accusation, he refers to Shaq's issues and how the cops swept them under the rug, hoping they would do the same for him. He didn't get rid of Shaq; he told Jerry Buss that he wanted to be traded because he wasn't going to play with Shaq anymore. The Lakers chose to get rid of Shaq because he was too expensive and approaching the end of his prime.

I also used to think Kobe raped that girl but then I read about how she had gone to a party bragging how she had fucked Kobe before she ever went to the police. In fact, between the time she had sex with Kobe and went to the police (three days, I think?) she had sex with five different men. I'm not a blame the victim type but those aren't the actions of a rape victim. Someone suggested to the girl that she get some money out of Kobe, that's where the rape accusations came from.

by Anonymousreply 7707/11/2010

I just read that Lebron's house had a casino in it. Perhaps that's what all of these athletes are installing. It might explain why all of these idiots are losing their fortunes.

by Anonymousreply 7807/11/2010

Jordan physically beat his teammates?

by Anonymousreply 7907/11/2010

Yes, r79.

by Anonymousreply 8007/11/2010

I don't really follow basketball but I was really surprised that this kid, in high school was being called The KING before he was even got a ring. I thought the media and fans would turn against someone so obviously arrogant, guess not.

by Anonymousreply 8107/11/2010

As an Akron native I will pretend I've never heard of him for 2 years, following by unmitigated hatred for 3 years, ending with one year of reluctant forgiven. THERE, I have stated both my terms and my boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 8207/11/2010

r75:%0D %0D LeBron always had at least one off-duty cop mind his house. It was increased for the "decision" evening's event.%0D %0D There will be a lot of stuff about LeBron coming out in the very near future. The press, police and agents protected him like they protected MJ.%0D %0D I'll be eyeing the dirt for the DL.

by Anonymousreply 8307/11/2010

Kobe hasn't gotten a free pass from the media because reportedly he's aloof with them at best. Most of the time it borders on contempt. The LA Times sports columnist TJ Simers slags off Kobe regularly and he claims it's because of Kobe's demeanor towards the press. Kobe just doesn't give a shit.

When Shaq was in LA, the media favored him because he goofed around with them, provided great quotes, etc. Kobe never bothered to win over the press and understandably the local media sided with Shaq. Of course they didn't bother to point out that Shaq never reported to camp in shape, was a big immature crybaby, etc. The fact that he's burned bridges every single time he's left a team (how many is it now?) is telling of his real personality.

I'm not saying Kobe wasn't at fault for the epic breakup. There were two superstar egos at play. But it wasn't all Kobe's fault either. At the time as a Lakers fan I was sick about the breakup of a dynasty still in its prime but agreed with the Lakers decision to keep Kobe. He's younger, has an unnatural competitive spirit and works hard on top of his singular talent. Shaq was a lazy blob who frittered away the chance and talent to be the best center in history.

by Anonymousreply 8407/11/2010

R73, Sir Charles may indeed be a huge womanizer, but he has never allowed himself to be used as some role model, unlike Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods. With Sir Charles, what you see is what you get, and if you don't like it, too bad. Love him for it.%0D %0D And sports team owners, like Dan Gilbert, are rabid free marketers. That is, until they get bitten in the ass by the same free market. Then they whine and complain, like Dan Gilbert did the other day, like the pathetic little bitches they really are. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8507/11/2010

(from an anonymous poster on Ohio.com)%0D %0D I just read the comment from someone commenting about how LeBron was a notorious cheap tipper.%0D %0D That reminded me -- when D. Wade and LeBron had their "buddy-bonding road trip" to Beijing for the Olympics, the Asian media caught them going into a Chinese massage parlour that was a well-known sexual services joint (a "fishbowl" where you pick the asian girls you want). There was an article in local Chinese paper with photo of them in there -- and I laughed and knew it was so "LJ" when I read the translation that said LeBron had tipped the Vietnamese / Chinese "service worker" girl that gave him a BJ a small amount!!!!!%0D %0D I gotta find link to that and post it.... very funny.... typical lack of class/ morals and CHEAPNESS by "The King" LOL!%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8607/11/2010

CHECK THIS OUT:%0D %0D %0D %0D Seems like when the Boys in Beijing (Wade and The King) were cooking up this deal, they went to a Chinese massage parlour to celebrate. Read the translated story -- the asian massage girl says how much LeBron tipped her.... LMAO!%0D %0D Sure no "happy ending" for Akron/ Cleveland...%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8707/11/2010

Northeast Ohio dodged a bullet. We just don't know it yet.

by Anonymousreply 8807/11/2010

r82, you are adorable. i need to share your post with my gf, also an ohio native...

by Anonymousreply 8907/11/2010

You're right, r84, I forgot that the media openly attacks him on that basis. I find that so shitty on their part. He's right not to trust them.

There was a book written a few years ago that talked about various NBA players and their despicable behavior. It was mentioned that Shaq once choked a woman he had just met because she didn't want to get with him. Something to that effect. And the cops did nothing when she reported it.

by Anonymousreply 9007/11/2010

He is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 9107/11/2010

Joel McHale was having a field day with this on the Soup.%0D %0D Pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 9207/11/2010

r3, thank you. OP here. You did a great job summarizing to the non-basketball persons, but interested people why the headlines happened.%0D %0D What an ass.%0D %0D It does make me sick. It's all about the Finals and money probably.%0D %0D I would love the return to the love of the game. %0D %0D I like soccer.

by Anonymousreply 9307/11/2010

I don't follow basketball but this thread is strangely fascinating.

What really happened with Kobe and that hotel girl?

by Anonymousreply 9407/12/2010

[quote]I'll be eyeing the dirt for the DL.

Thank you very much r83, we really appreciate it! Go and snoop out all of the sordid details elsewhere online, we are starving for good gossip around here.

Your posts are greatly appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 9507/12/2010

R87(or anyone else), post all of that stuff all over the internet. Lebron's IMDB page, Cavs forums, fansites, NBA/basketball sites, other non related sites that get a lot of hits. And post all of the other stuff that is dug up. Any of you can post it.

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 9607/12/2010

R94, this should answer your question:

by Anonymousreply 9707/12/2010

I don't know anything about basketball. What are Lebron James' particular gifts that make him so hyped? I keep hearing he has the potential to be better than Michael Jordan. What's so great about his playing?

by Anonymousreply 9807/12/2010

For most heterosexual men, sports is the only area in their life that they allow themselves to cry, feel profound joy, hug each other, etc. So professional sports is like a big therapy session for the straight, male, repressed population - which is vast.

by Anonymousreply 9907/12/2010

Crying over basketball players from a grown man? Amusing to say the least. I wonder what else makes him cry?%0D %0D BUT: how quickly we forget that prissy queen (forget his name) taping his crying jag about Britney Spears (is she still alive) and the posting it on You Tube? There is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 10007/12/2010

So now there is Mark Cuban who believes an investigation should take place to investigate whether James and Wade deliberately threw the games this year to make their Miami love dream come true.%0D %0D You might remember that James complained of a sore elbow during the Celtics/Cavs playoff series but two MRI's showed nothing was wrong.%0D Then Wade and the Heat allowed Toronto to win so Wade didn't have to face James. Enter Bosh who didn't play at all during his last week of play this year.%0D %0D It seems that the three jokes had been planning this menage a trois since the Olympics in Beijing.%0D %0D Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cavs, vows to let the press know everything he knows about LeBron and how he covered up for him the last 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 10107/12/2010

[quote]Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cavs, vows to let the press know everything he knows about LeBron and how he covered up for him the last 4 years.

Sounds good to me! Keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 10207/12/2010

So, If Lebron flew South, did his mother ride West?

by Anonymousreply 10307/13/2010

h

by Anonymousreply 10407/15/2010

Dan Gilbert is a pussy, a whiny little bitch, whose gravy train has left town without him. Poor boy! %0D %0D When are the "fans" going to admit that messes like Lebron get away with what you let him get away with, i.e. stop letting them get away with shit, stop worshipping them and licking their asses clean and then whining when they don't do what you want.%0D %0D The media circus was a joke but Cleveland fans created the monster. No championship ring and you're thinking he's God? And, worst of all, you mean that the future of Cleveland is dependent upon one man? Now the whole city is going to shut down because one spoiled athlete is leaving with his entourage? If that is true, people who still live in Cleveland are even more stupid than previously thought.

by Anonymousreply 10507/15/2010

Lebron James posted a hot self pic of himself on Instagram. My computer wouldn't work correctly when I tried to post it. Will someone please start a thread about the picture?

It can be found at www.dailydot.com

You can clearly see his dick in the picture!!

by Anonymousreply 10605/10/2013

I saw that Lebron picture. He's one hot and sexy man!! Thanks for alerting us about it!!!

by Anonymousreply 10705/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.