Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Most bizarre celebrity death

I think Susan Cabot is hard to beat (or should I phrase that differently...).

[quote]"On December 10, 1986, Cabot's son, Timothy Scott Roman, who suffered from dwarfism and psychological problems, bludgeoned her to death in her home in Encino, California with a set of nunchucks."

by Anonymousreply 23604/02/2013

She went out on a banana peel.

by Anonymousreply 107/04/2010

IMDb says he used a weight-lifting bar. And the dwarf was only convicted of involuntary manslaughter because his mother was crazy and had been very abusive to him for years. He never did any jail time for it, was just put on probation for 3 years. She was taking the growth hormone prescribed to him for some reason, which was supposed to have aggravated her mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 207/04/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 307/04/2010

Albert Dekker.%0D %0D [quote]"Dekker was kneeling nude in the bathtub. A noose was around his neck but not tight enough to have strangled him. A scarf was tied over his eyes and a horse%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s bit was in his mouth, fashioned from a rubber ball and metal wire, the bit had chain "reins" that were tightly tied beneath his head. Two leather straps were stretched between the leather belts that girded his neck and chest. A third belt, around his waist, was tied with a rope that stretched to his ankles, where it had been tied in some kind of timber hitch. The end of the rope, which continued up his side, wrapped around his wrist several times and was held in Dekker%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s hand. Handcuffs clamped both wrists with a key attached. Written in red lipstick on his right buttock was the word, "whip." Sunrays had also been drawn around his nipples. "Make me suck," was written on his throat, and "slave," and "cocksucker," on his chest. On his stomach was drawn a vagina. He had apparently been dead for several days.

by Anonymousreply 407/04/2010

Damned heartless graffiti "artists!"

by Anonymousreply 507/04/2010

jeez

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2010

Heath Ledger's accidental legal drug overdose still sounds like bullshit to me.

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2010

So, how did they say Dekker died? I'm sure it wasn't printed that he died from autoerotic asphyxiation/S&M session gone wrong. Did they say suicide? Murder?

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2010

Dekker died of natural causes..%0D %0D BTW, I see career-solving problems out of these stories:%0D %0D Mel Gibson in The Albert Dekker Story. It was the part he was BORN to play.%0D %0D Also, Tom Cruise, in The Cabots of Encino. I hear he's very good with nunchuks. Or at least, there's some kind of Scientology course he can take to master that.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2010

David Carradine

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2010

I think Steve Irwin owns this thread!

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2010

[quote]Also, Tom Cruise, in The Cabots of Encino. I hear he's very good with nunchuks. Or at least, there's some kind of Scientology course he can take to master that. Plus he also suffers from dwarfism.

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2010

Kenneth Pinyan: Perforated colon received during a videotaped sex act with a full sized stallion. His death prompted the passing of a bill in Washington State prohibiting both sex with animals and the videotaping of the same. (July 2, 2005)%0D %0D If he wasn't a celebrity then, he certainly is now.

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2010

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2010

Anything for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1607/04/2010

Thanks for taking a sledgehammer to the punchline, r12.

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2010

Damn! Susan Cabot died on my 5th birthday.

What about Vic Morrow? He had a pretty horrific death, what with being decapitated by a helicopter while filming that "Twilight Zone" movie.

by Anonymousreply 1908/21/2012

cf midget threads

by Anonymousreply 2008/21/2012

I don't understand what is strange about the Dekker post

by Anonymousreply 2108/21/2012

The guy from INXS taught the world about autoexpixiation(sp).

by Anonymousreply 2208/21/2012

Alan Pakula: a truck ahead of his car hit a metal bar that went through the windshield, striking him on the head. Not too weird but bit of a Final Destinationy accident.

Isadora Duncan's sounds horrific: "Duncan's fondness for flowing scarves was the cause of her death in an automobile accident in Nice, France when she was passenger in an Amilcar, and her silk scarf, draped around her neck, became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle, breaking her neck."

by Anonymousreply 2308/21/2012

They were supposed to make a movie about Susan Cabot a few years ago with Rose McGowan playing her. They really should, she had a fascinatingly bizarre life. And death, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 2508/21/2012

Where's my fucking Lifetime Orginal movie ??

by Anonymousreply 2708/21/2012

[quote]Thanks for taking a sledgehammer to the punchline, [R12].

Oh, it's such a pity he did. It was so hilarious and original all by itself.

by Anonymousreply 3008/22/2012

Jayne Maynsfield was beheaded in a satanic ritual.

by Anonymousreply 3108/22/2012

[quote]Even if the scarf got caught, I think it would rip before strangling her.

It didn't strangle her: it broke her neck almost instantaneously.

by Anonymousreply 3208/22/2012

Steve Irwin, pierced in the heart by a giant stingray's barb

Tennessee Williams, choking to death on the cap of his eyedropper bottle after he put it in his mouth and tilted his head back to put the eyedrops in

by Anonymousreply 3308/22/2012

No she wasn't. Jayne Mansfield was killed in a car crash. Her head went through the windshield and her blond wig ended up on the ground creating the illusion in a newspaper picture that she was beheaded in the accident, but she wasn't. Sad. Her daughter Mariska Hargitay has certainly done her proud. For that matter I think all her other children have done ok too. They've also done mom proud.

by Anonymousreply 3408/22/2012

Cabot was dating King Hussein who dumped her when he discovered she was Jewish.

Real nice, Your Majesty.

by Anonymousreply 3608/22/2012

Keith Relf of the Yardbirds, electrocuted himself by accident with an improperly grounded electric guitar

Elvis Presley, suffocated to death on his own vomit while sitting on the toilet

Sherwood Anderson, author of "Wunsburg, Ohio," died from a toothpick he had swallowed: it puncured his stomach and he died on peritonitis

by Anonymousreply 3708/22/2012

[quote]it just seems to me like a nearly impossible scenario. Even if the scarf got caught, I think it would rip before strangling her. I believe she was either strangled by someone or hung herself.

Remember the old VW Beetles with the engine in the back that had the fan belt? It was fairly common for people wearing winter scarves or even neckties to go back to check the oil or look at the engine and have their carves get caught in the fanbelt.

It's not unknown for the same thing to happen on the old American cars with the fan blade just behind the radiator.

by Anonymousreply 3808/22/2012

[quote]no it strangled her first supposedly as the wheel spun. It was a cover-up.

"On the night of September 14, 1927, Duncan was a passenger in the Amilcar automobile of a handsome French-Italian mechanic Benoît Falchetto, whom she had nicknamed "Buggatti" (sic).

Before getting into the car, she reportedly said to her friend Desti and some companions, "Adieu, mes amis. Je vais à la gloire!" (Goodbye, my friends. I go to glory!), however, according to American novelist Glenway Wescott, who was in Nice at the time and visited Duncan's body in the morgue, Desti admitted that she had lied about Duncan's last words. Instead, she told Wescott, Duncan said, "Je vais à l'amour" (I am off to love). Desti considered this embarrassing, as it suggested that she and Falchetto were going to her hotel for a tryst. Her silk scarf, a gift from Desti, draped around her neck, became entangled around the open-spoked wheels and rear axle, [bold]breaking her neck.[/bold]"

by Anonymousreply 3908/22/2012

Sharon Tate, et al.

by Anonymousreply 4108/22/2012

[quote]do not tell me you seriously believe Isadora Duncan changed her own oil.

No, I'm suggesting that long scarves and rotating machinery are never a good combination.

If you look at the Amlicar, it's easy to see how a long flowing scarf could do exactly what history claims it did.

by Anonymousreply 4208/22/2012

Jane Maynsfield was driving a convertible when her head hit a tree limb and popped right off. There are many people who believe that the accident was caused by her involvement with the church of satan in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 4508/22/2012

John Wayne, Susan Hayward, Dick Powell and Agnes Moorehead, not to mention dozens of other cast and crew members of the film THE CONQUEROR all dying of cancer years after filming downwind of recent atomic bomb test sites, then trucking tons of radioactive sand back to the studio for additional shooting was a pretty bizarre fate.

by Anonymousreply 4808/22/2012

Kurt Cobain's is only bizarre if you believe the official story.

by Anonymousreply 5208/22/2012

R53 knows nothing about Kurt Cobain except for the media spin.

by Anonymousreply 5408/22/2012

I knew her just a little so hate even to say this -- but I always wondered why Rebecca Schaeffer opened the door that second time. Even without the fan/celebrity aspect, I thought she'd be more cautious (and she was no dummy either).

That was one of those out of the blue ones that nobody saw coming. And still sad.

by Anonymousreply 5708/22/2012

Silk scarves don't tear easily, esp. if you yank the whole thing at once, without getting a start at the edge.

Silk has lasted for millenia because of its strength as much as its beauty.

by Anonymousreply 5808/22/2012

[quote]I'm saying that the scarf which was not a thick wool winter scarf but a decorative silk scarf would rip before it would snap a neck

Actually, silk would be the perfect material to do exactly what they claim that scarf did, much better than the thick wool scarf you mention. Silk is an amazingly strong product:

[quote]Most silks, in particular dragline silk, have exceptional mechanical properties. They exhibit a unique combination of high tensile strength and extensibility (ductility). This enables a silk fiber to absorb a lot of energy before breaking (toughness, the area under a stress-strain curve). In detail a dragline silks’ tensile strength is comparable to that of high-grade alloy steel (450 - 1970 MPa),and about half as strong as aramid filaments, such as Twaron or Kevlar . . . . Silks are also especially ductile, with some able to stretch up to four times their relaxed length without breaking.

That's why it's been used for everything from parachutes to surgical sutures and replacement heart valves.

by Anonymousreply 5908/22/2012

The PI recordings of Courtney are hardly exhaustive. Again, you don't know the case. I'm not talking about Tom Grant's(a guy who gets to be on TV) cute little site.

by Anonymousreply 6008/22/2012

Jessica Savitch

by Anonymousreply 6208/22/2012

If you've ever seen the film ISADORA with Vanessa Redgrave, you'll remember the fairly graphic and believable scene of her death.

I certainly never doubted it.

by Anonymousreply 6308/22/2012

Who was Susan Cabot? Should I know her?

by Anonymousreply 6608/22/2012

Real silk is remarkably strong.

by Anonymousreply 6808/22/2012

Grant's site is fluff, R65. That was my point.

by Anonymousreply 6908/22/2012

Jessica Savitch's fate was one I have bad dreams about. Anything but that, please. And the poor dog too. (Date died instantly on impact so didn't have to sit there curled up in fetal position, trapped and waiting to drown).

by Anonymousreply 7008/22/2012

[quote]Even if the scarf got caught, I think it would rip before strangling her.

They made clothes to last in the good old days.

by Anonymousreply 7108/22/2012

I looked up Susan Cabot on Wiki and saw this

[quote] In 1959, she began a relationship with King Hussein of Jordan. The couple was engaged, but broke up after King Hussein discovered that Cabot was Jewish

by Anonymousreply 7208/22/2012

Just to make Isadora Duncan's death even more bizarre...The person who gave her the fatal scarf was Mary Desti, who was Preston Sturges' mother, her closest friend.

by Anonymousreply 7408/22/2012

R73, he was riding off of the work of others, didn't spearhead anything, and is either a dupe(as Kurt's grandfather has suggested) or a liar meant to soften/muddy the criticisms that would've cropped up anyways.

by Anonymousreply 7508/22/2012

Because the vast majority of his work is from after Kurt's death, R76. Duh! Even if he initially started from scratch. The real investigator has been extremely ignored by the media and constantly harassed and stonewalled.

by Anonymousreply 7708/22/2012

I know that. I'm just responding to your obvious point that he was hired before Kurt was found dead. I know that and it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 7908/22/2012

My son's cute butt seems to have upstaged me.

by Anonymousreply 8008/22/2012

I never said he was copying from the get go(when there was nothing to copy). He has piggybacked off of Richard Lee.

My examination of the case goes far beyond Richard Lee, but Lee was the true force in promoting the murder angle. I was put off of Lee for years because of the ridicule and slander he gets, but if you can get past the extraneous stuff at his site(and his geeky/unkept appearance) the guy makes many brilliant points. Very, very intelligent man.

by Anonymousreply 8208/22/2012

PS: I'm sorry if I came off as being negative or hostile to you, that wasn't my intention.

by Anonymousreply 8308/22/2012

Isadora Duncan often wore long extravagant scarves and shawls, some with long fringes as well as floor-length drapey gowns. In her last years she was constantly doped up and drunk.

She was basically an accident waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 8408/22/2012

This is an absolute must read if you are a Kurt Cobain fan or interested in his suspicious death. Numerous pieces of evidence(many comments from friends) showing the state of mind Kurt was in when he died.....as you might've guessed, he wasn't even remotely suicidal:

by Anonymousreply 8508/23/2012

Isadora Duncan's death, according to the 1968 Karel Reisz biopic:

by Anonymousreply 8608/23/2012

Bob Crane bludgeoned with a camera tripod.

by Anonymousreply 8708/23/2012

R70, I was 12 when Savitch died and I remember reading the People magazine coverstory describing how she and her human and canine companions died. I was horrified and it stuck with me for days. Just the thought of being trapped and in sheer panic.

Another trapped-in-a-vehicle death that disturbs me was Françoise Dorleac's (doomed sister of Catherine Deneuve). From wikipedia:

[quote]Dorléac died in 1967 when she lost control of the rented Renault 10 she was driving and hit a sign post ten kilometers from Nice at the Villeneuve-Loubet exit of the highway La Provençale. The car flipped over, and burst into flames. She had been en route to Nice airport and was afraid of missing her flight. Dorléac was seen struggling to get out of the car, but was unable to open the door. Police later identified her body only from the fragment of a cheque book, a diary and her driver's licence. Dorléac had intended to fly to Paris, then on to London to complete work on the film Billion Dollar Brain. She was then to have stayed in Britain for the premiere of The Young Girls of Rochefort.

Not a bizarre death, so I apologize for veering from the topic.

by Anonymousreply 8808/23/2012

It's always the dwarf with the nunchuks. I'm surprised TLC and A&E haven't co-produced a tiny ninja murder mystery show together.

by Anonymousreply 8908/23/2012

Cass Daley fell on a glass coffee table and died

by Anonymousreply 9008/24/2012

Mama Cass Elliott. Death by ham sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 9110/23/2012

"it strangled her first supposedly as the wheel spun. It was a cover-up."

Who was protecting the wheel?

by Anonymousreply 9210/23/2012

Jessica Savitch's death always gives me chills when I think about it, because it was so horrifying. Trapped in an overturned car with the water pouring in and no way out because the mud sealed the doors shut. God almighty, I cannot imagine. That poor, poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 9310/23/2012

Kirsty MacColl hit by a speed boat while swimming.

by Anonymousreply 9410/23/2012

If only Mama Cass had just given that ham sandwich to Karen Carpenter, they might both be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 9510/23/2012

R29's "her's" will haunt me until the day I die.

Such utter, baffling ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 9610/23/2012

Actress Allison Hayes - who played the title role in the 1958 version of "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" was a health food fanatic.

When she began having a lot of pain during her periods, she went to her doctor (who had been recommended to her by Gloria Swanson). The doctor gave her a prescription for a calcium supplement, which she took for a couple of years.

When she began experiencing some strange symptoms, she went back to him, and he told her to double the dose of the supplement she was taking.

Eventually she stopped taking the supplement on her own. By then she was having trouble walking, was losing her hair, and having a persistent buzzing in her head. Any other doctor she went to told her that she was obviously psychotic.

After studying on her own, she realized her symptoms seemed to fit those of lead poisoning. Additional research by a doctor disclosed that the supplement had indeed had high lead content, and that she had been poisoned. Lead poisoning is not reversible.

She won a lawsuit against the importer of the supplement (but didn't sue the doctor after he cried and told her he was old and didn't have any money).

She died at age 47.

by Anonymousreply 9710/23/2012

I agree with the Jessica Savitch comment. To be trapped upside down and underwater. Ugh. She was a bitch though, bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 9810/23/2012

Lea Michele. Goodness, that was tragic news... Whatta way to go, huh?

by Anonymousreply 9910/23/2012

I just read about this one. George Richmond Parks, actor, married to actress/playwright Elizabeth Robins.

"An American born actress, Robins emigrated to England after the bizarre suicide of her actor husband (he jumped into the river wearing a theatrical suit of armor), and became famous starring in the plays of Ibsen."

by Anonymousreply 10010/24/2012

Savitch's poor dog, Chewy, also died with her in that back seat.

Chewy had also been instrumental in the suicide of Jessica's Doctor husband who hanged himself with Chewy's leash.

by Anonymousreply 10110/24/2012

Is Jessica Savitch someone only the 40+ crowd knows?

by Anonymousreply 10210/24/2012

probably

by Anonymousreply 10310/24/2012

agree, re: Jessica Savitch.

I read the Golden Girl book about her.

Great, strong, smart woman who fell for the wrong men. Snorted coke, and fucked up her life.

Should have been Barbara Walters. Much better.

Hosted Frontline on PBS.

Tragic soul.

by Anonymousreply 10410/24/2012

R102 - Savitch died in October 1983, so yeah, she was mostly known by the 40+ crowd. I'm 31, but knew about her due to my obsession with the TV news business when I was younger.

She was super-ambitious (she wanted to be an evening news anchor in the late 1970's), gave off an extremely authoritative, confident delivery to her news stories, but her personal life was in shambles - suffered domestic violence at the hand of a longtime boyfriend, her second husband was a closet case who committed suicide by hanging himself with her dog's leash (she was the one who discovered the body too), was hired by NBC as a Senate reporter, which was not a good fit for her, so NBC gradually reduced her role at over the years and was only hosting 60-second news updates around the time of her death. She was not well-liked at NBC - she was seen as an interloper by the old guard and good ol' boys there, and her ambitions were threatening to them - but had extremely high Q-Ratings and got a lot of fan-mail.

A few weeks before she died, she anchored a broadcast of NBC News digest in which she slurred her words and stumbled over the words, which was the total opposite of her normal delivery. This caused alarm with NBC execs as well.

Her cocaine use was well known at NBC at the time (some coworkers would leave pics of her with straws taped to her nose around her office) but those sort of issues were handled a lot differently in her late 70's/early 80's heyday.

A tragic story all around TBH and a lot of "what could have been" scenarios for her. If she got her shit together and didnt ride in the car that fateful night, she could've been on Diane Sawyer's level by now. Her death wasn't exactly bizzare, but fucking scary to me. Her friend who was driving the car that rainy night in 1983 veered and took the wrong turn out and fell into the canal. According to investigators, there was evidence that Savitch struggled to escape the car and her eyes were still open when her body was discovered.

by Anonymousreply 10510/24/2012

Isadoras death in the movie

by Anonymousreply 10610/24/2012

Susan Cabot as "The Wasp Woman"

by Anonymousreply 10710/24/2012

Wasn't there an actress from the 40s/50s who passed out while puking in her toilet and drowned?

by Anonymousreply 10810/24/2012

Seems like about half of famous people are playing that game every day, R107! Politicians included.

by Anonymousreply 10910/24/2012

I think the story is Jayne Mansfield made a devil to save her son who had been mauled by a tiger in LasVegas. The price: her decapitated head rolling away from a car crash on a dark Alabama road.

by Anonymousreply 11010/24/2012

Fucking midgets, with their turtle teeth.

by Anonymousreply 11110/24/2012

Natasha Richardson.......bonk!

by Anonymousreply 11210/24/2012

Mansfield was scalped.

DEATH Pic.

by Anonymousreply 11310/24/2012

I'm afraid to click on r113's link.

by Anonymousreply 11410/24/2012

R108, you are probably thinking of Lupe Velez. In 1944, at the age of 36, she had broken up with Johnny Weissmuller (and Gary Cooper, but she had been married to Weissmuller), was rarely employed, and found her self pregnant. She set the stage for a glamorous, movie star suicide, filling her boudoir with flowers (a famous name still got credit in those days), donning a lovely silver dress, with matching peau de soie slippers, and lay down on her chaise longue, to await the effects of the bottle of sleeping pills that she had consumed.

Alas, her plans went awry. Feeling nauseated, she rose from her intended deathbed, and staggered into the bathroom, puking along the way. As she leaned into the toilet, the seat and lid slammed down on her head, breaking her neck.

by Anonymousreply 11510/24/2012

"A Jew Playing A WASP-get it- wasp?"

The Ralph Lauren (aka Ralph Lifshitz) Story

by Anonymousreply 11610/24/2012

I looked Lupe Velez up on Wikipedia after posting 115. The listing there says that according to local papers, she was found on her bed, "surrounded by flowers, as she had wished." Perhaps it's true. Perhaps it was the story for public consumption. In any case, she was evidently having an affair with Harald Maresch, and became pregnant with his child. "Unable to face the shame of giving birth to a child out of wedlock, she decided to take her own life. Her suicide note read: 'To Harald: May God forgive you and forgive me, too; but I prefer to take my life away and our baby's, before I bring him with shame, or killin' [sic] him. Lupe.'"

Per IMDb, Maresch's career was ruined by the public response for his involvement with the death.

by Anonymousreply 11710/24/2012

Most actors, politicos, and media people could star in the same story, R116...

by Anonymousreply 11810/24/2012

a

by Anonymousreply 11910/24/2012

Jessica Savitch on 'something.' She was suspended after this broadcast. Her last broadcast before she drowned.

by Anonymousreply 12010/24/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 12110/25/2012

DL is no longer DL. Over 100 posts and not a single mention of the death that owns this thread: Ramon Novarro beaten to death by two minor porn star rentboys using a brass art deco dildo gifted to him by Valentino. Bitches: hang your heads in shame!

by Anonymousreply 12210/25/2012

"Ramon Novarro beaten to death by two minor porn star rentboys using a brass art deco dildo gifted to him by Valentino"

That never happened. He choked to death on his own blood as a result of the beating. Just ask the medical examiner. There was no art deco dildo. You are just repeating a story that Kenneth Anger made up.

by Anonymousreply 12310/25/2012

Switch was a fantastic news reader but a terrible reporter. She was also not very bright nor fast on her feet. She would have had a career as a light news reporter or perhaps on ET or another entertainment show. She would never have had a career like Sawyer if only because she was such a bad interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 12410/25/2012

Definitely Bob Crane.

I think David Carradine is up there, too. So embarrassing for him and his family.

by Anonymousreply 12510/25/2012

Ugh R113. What's is wrong with the drivers face? It looks like it's missing or something. I'm assuming that's his face.

by Anonymousreply 12610/26/2012

Oooh! I forgot about FW Murnau, the film director who reportedly cast only gay performers as stars of his film (Charles Farrell and Janet Gaynor made several movies for Murnau). A week prior to the opening of his film Tabu, Murnau died in a Santa Barbara, California, hospital from injuries he received in an automobile accident that occurred along the Pacific Coast Highway near Rincon Beach, south of Santa Barbara. That's Wikipedia's version. Kenneth Anger (a much more stylish author of fiction than Darwin Porter) wrote that the accident was caused by Murnau's handsome young chauffeur's involuntary spasm at the wheel. The spasm, in turn, was caused by Murnau's ministrations to the chauffeur while he was driving. Murnau was found at the scene with the chauffeur's severed penis in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 12710/26/2012

It's half-way into the dashboard R126.

by Anonymousreply 12810/30/2012

R124tShe would have been more of a Katie Couric type way more so than a Diane Sawyer type.

Poor dear. Jessica's death just reads like a nightmare, really.

by Anonymousreply 12910/30/2012

Sonny Bono skied into a tree and broke his neck.

by Anonymousreply 13010/30/2012

On 16 March 2009, Richardson sustained a head injury when she fell while taking a beginner skiing lesson at the Mont Tremblant Resort in Quebec, Canada about 80 miles (130 km) from Montreal. The injury was followed by a lucid interval, when Richardson seemed to be fine and was able to talk and act normally. Paramedics and an ambulance which initially responded to the accident were told they were not needed and left. Refusing medical attention twice, she returned to her hotel room and about three hours later was taken to a local hospital in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts after complaining of a headache. She was transferred from there by ambulance to Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur, Montreal, in critical condition and was admitted about seven hours after the fall. The following day she was flown to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, where she died on 18 March at the age of 45. An autopsy conducted by the New York City Medical Examiners Office on 19 March revealed the cause of death was an "epidural hematoma due to blunt impact to the head", and her death was ruled an accident.

by Anonymousreply 13110/30/2012

Singer Jeff Buckley, accidentally drowned himself in the Wolf River Harbor, a slackwater channel of the Mississippi River, while wearing boots, all of his clothing. Weighed down by his clothing, he slipped underwater and drowned. Very Virginia Wolf-esque, except that Buckley didn't intend to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 13210/30/2012

Jon-Erik Hexum was an American model and actor. On October 12, 1984, between filming scenes on the set of Cover Up, Hexum was critically wounded after he placed a .44 Magnum prop gun loaded with blanks to his temple and pulled the trigger.

Hexum was apparently not aware that blanks use paper or plastic wadding to seal gun powder into the shell, and that this wadding is propelled from the barrel of the gun with enough force to cause severe injury or death if the weapon is fired within a few inches of the body, especially if pointed at a particularly vulnerable spot, such as the temple or the eye. Although the paper wadding in the blank that Hexum discharged did not penetrate his skull, the wad struck him in the temple with enough blunt force trauma to shatter a quarter-sized piece of his skull and propel the pieces into his brain, causing massive hemorrhaging.Hexum was rushed to the Beverly Hills Medical Center, where he underwent five hours of surgery to repair his wounds.On October 18, six days after the accident, Hexum was declared brain dead.

by Anonymousreply 13310/30/2012

Martha Mansfield was an American actress in silent films and vaudeville stage plays.

On November 30, 1923, while working on location in San Antonio, Texas on the film The Warrens of Virginia, Mansfield was severely burned when a match, tossed by a cast member, ignited her Civil War costume of hoopskirts and flimsy ruffles. Mansfield was playing the role of Agatha Warren and had just finished her scenes and retired to a car when her clothing burst into flames. Her neck and face were saved when leading man Wilfred Lytell threw his heavy overcoat over her. The chauffeur of Mansfield's car was burned badly on his hands while trying to remove the burning clothing from the actress. The fire was put out, but she sustained substantial burns to her body. She was rushed to a Physicians and Surgeons Hospital in San Antonio, where she died in less than twenty-four hours.

by Anonymousreply 13410/30/2012

Well, R134, at least her face and neck were saved. Did anyone put them to good use?

by Anonymousreply 13510/30/2012

Vic Morrow – Death by Helicopter

While on location filming the Steven Spielberg-produced “Twilight Zone: The Movie,” Morrow was decapitated by the blades of a low-flying helicopter. Spielberg, pilot Dorsey Wingo, and director John Landis were ultimately acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and Morrow’s daughters, Carrie Morrow and Jennifer Jason Leigh, settled out of court.

by Anonymousreply 13610/30/2012

Owen Hart

The WWF wrestler died in a stunt that went wrong. Owen Hart was due to enter the ring from the ceiling, lowered by cables for dramatic effect. However, something went wrong with the stunt harness and rather than being lowered slowly, Hart plummeted 78 feet landing chest first in the ring. At the time of his death Owen Hart was in character as The Blue Blazer, a buffoonish super-hero-come-wrestler.

by Anonymousreply 13710/30/2012

Claude François, french pop singer and songwriter, died on March 11, 1978 in his bathtub by electrocution.

While standing in a filled bath, he noticed a light bulb that wasn't straight, tried to straighten it with his wet hands and was accidentally electrocuted.

by Anonymousreply 13810/30/2012

William Holden, an American actor who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1954, died on November 12, 1981 after he slipped on a throw rug, hitting his head on a night stand and bleeding to death in his apartment in Santa Monica, California.

He is reported to have been alone and intoxicated. Evidence suggests he was conscious for at least half-an-hour after the fall but may not have realized the severity of the injury and did not summon aid or was unable to call for help.

by Anonymousreply 13910/30/2012

Olivia Goldsmith, American author famous for her book "First Wives Club", died on January 15 2004 after complications resulting from anesthesia during plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 14010/30/2012

Jack Cassidy, actor and father of pop icon David Cassidy, died in a fire, while asleep on the couch in his apartment. He apparently had been smoking when he fell asleep.

by Anonymousreply 14110/30/2012

Tennis player Vitas Gerulaitis died in his sleep of carbon monoxide poisoning at the home of a friend. While visiting a friend's home in Southampton, Long Island, a malfunction in a propane heater caused carbon monoxide gas to seep into the guesthouse where Gerulaitis was sleeping, causing his death. Gerulaitis failed to show up for a dinner at 7pm that evening and his body was found the following day by a maid who went to the guesthouse.

by Anonymousreply 14210/30/2012

Butterfly McQueen, actress best known for her role in GONE WITH THE WIND, died of burns received when lighting kerosene heater in her apartment.

by Anonymousreply 14310/30/2012

Nothing bizarre about this info, but if you reverse the last 2 numbers of the year that William Holden was born, you have the year he died: 1918-1981. Same goes for Marilyn Monroe: 1926-1962.

Ingrid Bergman died on her birthday: 29 Aug 1915 - 29 Aug 1982.

by Anonymousreply 14410/30/2012

"Jack Cassidy, actor and father of pop icon David Cassidy, died in a fire, while asleep on the couch in his apartment. He apparently had been smoking when he fell asleep."

Didn't Linda Darnell die in a fire?

by Anonymousreply 14510/30/2012

Jayne Mansfield's head did not hit a tree. She was simply in a car accident and went through the windshield, very common still even with seat belts popular, everyone doesn't wear one.

by Anonymousreply 14610/30/2012

Rodney Harvey dying of a heroin overdose in a heroin hotel, two days after being released from prison.

by Anonymousreply 14710/30/2012

Sorry R100. That was the one that made me laugh. "Jumped in a river wearing a suit of armor, only to be a parenthetical to Robins less than stellar character.

I wonder which sister she played. Over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 14810/30/2012

Mama Cass? Her daughter has said many times that her mother died of a heart attack, not hamm sandwich. She probablt was snorting coke and with her weight, her heart could not take it.

by Anonymousreply 14910/30/2012

Ewww...

Poor people.

by Anonymousreply 15010/31/2012

[quote]Ewww...

Poor people.

Funny, that's how I feel about them too.

by Anonymousreply 15110/31/2012

John Bonham, the drummer of Led Zeppelin died in 1980. Cause of death: tAsphyxiation on vomit

He had consumed forty shots of vodka which resulted in him vomiting and subsequently inhaling his vomit causing asphyxiation.

by Anonymousreply 15201/15/2013

It was widely reported that Ace killed himself playing Russian roulette. Big Mama Thornton's bass player Curtis Tillman, however, who witnessed the event, said, "I will tell you exactly what happened! Johnny Ace had been drinking and he had this little pistol he was waving around the table and someone said ‘Be careful with that thing…’ and he said ‘It’s okay! Gun’s not loaded…see?’ and pointed it at himself with a smile on his face and ‘Bang!’ – sad, sad thing. Big Mama ran outta that dressing room yelling ‘Johnny Ace just killed himself!"

Thornton said in a written statement that Ace had been playing with the gun, but not playing Russian roulette. According to Thornton, Ace pointed the gun at his girlfriend and another woman who were sitting nearby, but did not fire. He then pointed the gun toward himself, bragging that he knew which chamber was loaded. The gun went off, shooting him in the side of the head.

by Anonymousreply 15301/15/2013

"Trapped in an overturned car with the water pouring in and no way out because the mud sealed the doors shut. God almighty, I cannot imagine. That poor, poor woman"

I lost four friends when that happened to them on an icy road - the oldest was just 19...

Nearly 30 years ago now, and I still can't bear thinking about it...

by Anonymousreply 15701/15/2013

Tom Mix died when he crashed his car and his suitcase came loose and crushed his head...

by Anonymousreply 16301/15/2013

David Carradine.

Wasn't it considered suspicious by some?

by Anonymousreply 16401/15/2013

The drugs and alcohol didn't help Sandy Denny -- neither did her mom pushing her down the stairs where Sandy cracked her head, but she had been suffering from terrible headaches, and many now believe SD was self-medicating due to a growing brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 16501/15/2013

Getting your head chopped off by a helicopter along with two child co-stars while filming your movie.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 16801/15/2013

I didn't claim it -- it was reported. SD had gotten in a fight with her mom (possibly about the baby) and she either fell or was pushed.

by Anonymousreply 16901/15/2013

The whole situation with Sam Cooke was very strange. The motel manager shot him when he broke into her office residence. There was a woman in his room at the time.

The explanation that makes the most sense, brings everything together, and I can't remember where I read it, was that the motel manager and the woman in his room were lovers.

The motel manager was pimping her girl friend, and Sam didn't pay, or she wasn't pimping but caught them in the act.

by Anonymousreply 17101/15/2013

During the last months Sandy was a very unhappy girl. She complained of feeling ill all the time with recurring headaches and dizziness and blurring eyesight. When she visited us she was very distressed and cried a lot.

It was clear that her troubles were alcohol and marriage problems. Once when she stayed over-night in our spare room she was up early craving for alcohol; desperately clawing at my fridge, with a bad attack of the shakes, weeping bitterly feeling ill and bewildered, asking for drinks first thing.

In those last months I never saw her using other substances! Several times Sandy asked me to look into the pupil of her left eye, asking if it was different from her other eye!

She told me that her best friend had died of a brain tumour and because she had all the symptoms that her friend had suffered from she was convinced that she had the same condition!

In actual fact her eyes were different, one was larger than the other, but I recall trying to comfort her telling her not to worry, reasoning that it was all in her imagination, that lightening did not strike twice in the same place.

I attempted to reassure Sandy that she was unlikely to have the same disease that killed her friend.

When she went back to Trevor he neglected to get her help or medical tests for her symptoms. One day Trevor thought she was drunk when she fell down the cottage stairs with Georgia in her arms.

He was so incensed , mistaking her lack of bodily coordination for drunkenness that he upped and left Sandy, abducting her daughter he flew the baby to his parents in Australia.

He had to fly back to Britain almost immediately to Sandy's hospital bedside because the awful shock of losing her beloved little daughter caused her to collapse with a brain hemorrhage.

SANDY DENNY'S LAST DAYS

Jill (Conway) Broun ( From her book PEREGRINE- A PILGRIMAGE TO A HOLY PLACE.)

6th September 2006

by Anonymousreply 17301/15/2013

Tennessee Williams choked on an eyedrop cap. He had the habit of opening the bottle, placing the cap in his mouth, leaning back, and applying the drops to his eyes. The last time he did that, the cap fell into his mouth and became lodged in his throat.

by Anonymousreply 17401/15/2013

Jack Nance *said* he got into a fight at the Winchells at 5AM, but that Winchells was (and still is) one of the most benign places in LA.

Something else happened, it is thought.

by Anonymousreply 17501/15/2013

Who is Sandy Denny? I've heard of Sandy Dennis.

by Anonymousreply 17701/15/2013

The death of director Alan J. Pakula (THE STERILE CUCKOO, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, SOPHIE'S CHOICE) was reminiscent of the urban legend about the motorcyclist who is decapitated by a sheet of metal which falls from a passing truck:

[quote]Pakula died on November 19, 1998 in a freak car accident on the Long Island Expressway in Melville, New York. He was 70 years old. A driver in front of him struck a metal pipe, which went through Pakula's windshield, struck him in the head, and caused him to swerve off the road and into a fence. He was killed instantly.

by Anonymousreply 17801/15/2013

Of course we remember Jack Nance...

Another one was Barry Evans, a cute British actor from the 1960s who fell on hard times - he worked as a taxi driver at the time of his death...

He was found dead after drinking lots of alcohol and taking lethal amounts of asprin - which was 10 years out of date...

by Anonymousreply 17901/15/2013

Oh, no thanks R180 you were the one plastering photos of Sharon Tate and Sylvia Plath poetry all over this a.m.

by Anonymousreply 18101/15/2013

You seem to have an obsession with dead celebs. Is there some reason you only post on these thread and not any others?

by Anonymousreply 18401/15/2013

Anyone else think the dead celeb fan is possibly TTC or another college student?

by Anonymousreply 18501/15/2013

Maybe not a "celebrity" in the traditional sense of the word, but Gordon Ramsay's doppleganger, a dwarf pron star, was found partially eaten in a badger's den. Eek.

by Anonymousreply 18601/15/2013

Nicole Simpson

by Anonymousreply 18703/20/2013

I recently discovered the death pics of that "Black Dhalia" crime scene, and OMG who the hell did this woman piss off, and it makes it even scarier that her killer hasn't been found.

by Anonymousreply 18803/20/2013

I always thought the death of Dick Shawn was pretty bizarre. Suffering a fatal heart attack in the middle of a performance for college kids. Everybody thought his keeling over was part of the routine, so they left him there. And waited for him to get up. And waited. And waited....

by Anonymousreply 18903/21/2013

Holy shit r189, I had never even heard of that and I am from San Diego. I was 15 then and don't remember it at all. How sad and crazy. This is a very broad question but wasn't there another story like this, with the person dying or collapsing and people thought it was an act? Damn, I am sorry to sound so vague but it seems I have heard of something similar..shit. I will keep thinking.

by Anonymousreply 19003/21/2013

It was Red Fox. He had a heart attack on set and the cast thought he was doing his famous "I'm coming Elizabeth" routine.

by Anonymousreply 19103/21/2013

Judith Barsi

The shark didn't get her...but Daddy sure did.

by Anonymousreply 19203/21/2013

Oh my god r191, that must have been horrible for the people there when they saw it was real. I think there was another person too but that Redd Foxx thing is pretty crazy. I'm still thinking of odd celeb deaths in general so will hopefully remember another one. I hope everyone keeps them coming, I love this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 19303/21/2013

Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 19403/21/2013

There are a few videos of somewhat famous people dying of heart attacks on gore sites.

Golfer Payne Stewart's death was strange.

by Anonymousreply 19503/21/2013

r194 Do you really think his death was bizarre though? I mean his whole fucking life was bizarre. Taking propofol to get to sleep is insane and yes, bizarre, but if you do it all the time you are going to take too much at some point. If it had been valium or quaaludes (sp) would you still think it was bizare? I mean, do you think he was murdered? and I don't mean by Murray, but do you think someone murdered him, not overdosed him?

by Anonymousreply 19603/21/2013

Yes r195. Didn't they all basically lose consciousness and fly around till they crashed like that Greek flight? That is fucking trippy indeed. What a weird way to go.

by Anonymousreply 19703/21/2013

Oscar winner Gig Young shooting himself to death after shooting his new young wife to death in their apartment in The Osborne in NYC in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 19803/21/2013

R190 - Tommy Cooper.

Live on stage - AND being broadcast live on a network channel.

by Anonymousreply 19903/21/2013

Lewis Stone, who played Judge Hardy in a lot of those Hardy boy movies with Mickey Rooney, took the "get off my lawn" routine just one step too far.

From Wiki:

"Stone died in Hancock Park on September 12, 1953, aged 73. Stone reportedly suffered a heart attack while chasing away some neighborhood kids who were throwing rocks at his garage. Another published report states that on that date Stone and his third wife were watching television when they heard a racket in the back yard. When he investigated, Stone found lawn furniture once again floating in the pool and glimpsed three or perhaps four teenage boys running towards the street. Stone gave chase despite his wife’s warning not to exert himself. Upon reaching the sidewalk, Stone suddenly collapsed. A gardener, Juan Vergara, witnessed the chase and summoned aid.

A published photo circulated in newspapers of the day, showed Stone's body on the sidewalk, immediately after the incident. Decades later, the photo was later published in Kenneth Anger's Hollywood scandals book, Hollywood Babylon."

by Anonymousreply 20003/21/2013

Northern Calloway. David from Sesame Street. Died from some weird heart reaction to being tied down in a mental ward.

Phil Hartman.

Heather O'Rourke

by Anonymousreply 20103/21/2013

Nick Adams who was murdered and his case is still unsolved since 1968.Near the time of his death, he told everyone he was going to write a book exposing all of the dark secrets he knew on Hollywood. Nick Adams knew a lot about the movie stars. He also was bisexual and he had sex with a lot of people.Nothing was stolen from his home which contained a lot of valuables,but the only thing that was missing was his manuscript for his book. He was depressed because he just went through a divorce ,and he had two kids who he adored and he was fighting for custody for his kids. Also, his career was going down the tubes as well. His ex wife went to the crime scene and pointed out no one stole the silver and other valuable items. Just a strange case,and it's too bad that they can't find out what happened. Also, it would be interesting if the manuscript was still around somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 20203/22/2013

Aww I didn't know that r201. I remember Mr. Hooper dying and was so sad. I thought I would hear about the others if they died. I loved him.

by Anonymousreply 20303/22/2013

[quote]I think Steve Irwin owns this thread!

The Stang Ray it me in me chest!

by Anonymousreply 20403/22/2013

For the posters regarding Jayne Mansfield...you said her daughter Mariska Margitey ( in fact all of her children have done her proud ).......you do realize that her kids were with her in that accident...they were asleep in the back seat and thats what saved their lives.

by Anonymousreply 20503/22/2013

You mean Hargitay r205. But what about her? I don't see where people said she didn't do Jayne proud.

by Anonymousreply 20603/22/2013

206...I didnt say that...I was referencing their post regarding her children...I just thought it odd that several posters were going back and forth about how she actually died and referenced the children but nobody mentioned they were in that accident also.

by Anonymousreply 20703/22/2013

Oh sorry, I didn't know what you were saying. Yes the kids were lucky they were laying across the seat. Her dog died too and I think was just left there.

by Anonymousreply 20803/22/2013

208...youre right...I remember a picture of the dog just laying there next to the wreckage...poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 20903/22/2013

r209 I think Jessica Savitch's dog was just left behind too after her car accident.

by Anonymousreply 21003/22/2013

I thought I read in Hollywood Babylon that Jane Mansfield's dog was killed by the mafia as a warning to Jane because they were angry at her for some reason?

by Anonymousreply 21103/22/2013

I read the Mansfield stuff in HB too but I don't remember that part. I think Anger had some anger issues because he was pretty dramatic about a lot of things in that book. I know she was playing shitty, low paying gigs though.

by Anonymousreply 21203/22/2013

I dont remember that part from HB either...although she did have 2 dags at one point...the small one that was with her at the accident and a larger one that was the kids dog...I do recall that the kids dog was killed by someone, but i dont recall the story behind it. Its hard to believe she was only 29 when she died...I always assumed she was in her mid 30's like Monroe...Her career really did not last long.

by Anonymousreply 21303/22/2013

sorry....dogs

by Anonymousreply 21403/22/2013

The man with the horse.

by Anonymousreply 21503/22/2013

It seems to me that the guy who got fucked to death is not necessarily a celebrity but rather notorious.

He got fucked to death by a horse.

by Anonymousreply 21603/22/2013

Rosie, after her heart attack scare.

by Anonymousreply 21703/22/2013

BWHAHAHAHA....217.....I almost fell off my stool !

by Anonymousreply 21803/22/2013

What happened to J. Darsi ? And she was Lorraine Gary in that 1975 movie ?

by Anonymousreply 21903/23/2013

I remember vaguely once in a while Johnny Carson had a blonde on his show named Carol Wayne who did some comedy skits. Her death is considered extremely suspicious and detectives consider her death to be foul play. Her case is a cold case, very sad.

by Anonymousreply 22003/23/2013

I didn't know they thought it was foul play r220. I thought they thought she drowned on her own. Hmm..

by Anonymousreply 22103/23/2013

Peg Entwistle, the '30s would-be starlet who hurled herself dramatically from the Hollywood sign in despair over her non-career.

by Anonymousreply 22203/23/2013

Not a celebrity per se, but Chandra Levy. I was reading about secret hearings or something for the guy who is accused of her death and it seems a lot of people think he didn't do it, but if it's a cover-up for Condit then it's a miserable fail because he is fucking ruined and has been for years. Does anyone think he did it? Guandique, I mean, not Condit.

by Anonymousreply 22303/23/2013

R202, why are you prattling about Nick Adams being murdered and acting like there would be any reason for it to look like he had been burgled when it was plain he OD'd on his own prescription meds that were prescribed by his own brother, an MD?

You're just talking swill.

by Anonymousreply 22403/23/2013

R223, Levy's killer was captured/tried a few years back.

Condit was innocent.

by Anonymousreply 22503/23/2013

I think so too r225 but people seem to think her murder was a cover up or something. If so it was badly done because he is totally destroyed. He can't even get any clients at his Baskin Robbins in Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 22603/23/2013

How much longer before we can include Lindsay Lohan in this discussion?

by Anonymousreply 22703/23/2013

Ahem. Glug glug.

by Anonymousreply 22803/23/2013

"I recently discovered the death pics of that "Black Dhalia" crime scene, and OMG who the hell did this woman piss off, and it makes it even scarier that her killer hasn't been found."

Idiot, what's with the victim blaming, rape culture!!

by Anonymousreply 22903/23/2013

Nippy dear, at r228, I believe you will find yourself talked about in the celebrity suicide and Hollywood witches thread. Now get out of the tub before you slip and drow... nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 23003/23/2013

I wish someone would post what happened to Tennessee Williams.

by Anonymousreply 23103/23/2013

Who was the one that was tipping his head back to put in his visine and then swallowed and choked on the cap? That was pretty fucking bizarre. What an odd way to go.

by Anonymousreply 23203/23/2013

R224, I'm surprised you haven't heard about that. It has been mention a lot in many books on Hollywood and websites. Here, check it out.

by Anonymousreply 23303/23/2013

R224, here is another website on Nick Adams mysterious death.

by Anonymousreply 23403/23/2013

The Wiki on Dick Shawns death:

On April 17, 1987, while performing on stage at UC San Diego's Mandeville Hall, Shawn began a comedy bit about himself and the audience surviving nuclear war. At one point in the act, Shawn portrayed a politician reciting campaign clichés, including: "If elected, I will not lay down on the job"; later, when he collapsed face down on the stage, the audience thought it was part of the act, unaware that he had actually suffered a massive heart attack.

After some time had gone by, there were catcalls. Finally, someone appeared on stage, knelt down to examine Shawn, stood up and asked: "Is there a doctor in the house?" Another person came on stage, turned him over and began administering CPR. The audience was told to go home, but almost no one left since it appeared to be part of Shawn's act. When paramedics arrived, bewildered audience members began leaving, still unsure of what they had witnessed. A notice in the following day's San Diego Union newspaper clarified that Shawn had indeed died during the performance.[3] Dick Shawn was 63. He is laid to rest in Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery, a Jewish cemetery, in Culver City, California.

by Anonymousreply 23503/29/2013

Bump for the kid from Buckwild.

by Anonymousreply 23604/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.