Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hostilities Erupt at the Michfest Forum!

Troublesome poster keepitontheREAL violates the forum's passive-aggressive status quo with her strident insistence that Festie Virgins follow the rules and regulations...or face the consequences! This confrontational approach does not go over well with the other systers who prefer a spoonful of sugar with their control freakiness. Will the Spirit of Fest prevail?

by Anonymousreply 17006/14/2013

Those are some crazy dykes.

by Anonymousreply 106/30/2010

[quote] Do NOT place your tent within ten feet of my tent. // Do NOT do it. // Do NOT even think about it. // If I return to my fresh new carefully selected campsite to see that I am sharing a wall with a neighbor, I will move your tent for you. No ifs and or buts. // I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.

She's stating her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 206/30/2010

"I seriously (and sweetly) second the please please please do not play male vocals on the land. There was a group of womyn playing Tom Petty so loud in the next camp area last year. I knew they weren't doing it on purpose and probably didn't realize (festi virgins or never read their program?!?) maybe they thought those rules don't apply in the twilight zone?? but I was so upset by it that I actually asked another womyn to talk to them about it because I knew I could not handle it in an appropriate manner :D "%0D %0D This year, I'm taking some 2 Live Crew%0D

by Anonymousreply 406/30/2010

"Do NOT play music on the Land that features male singing voices. %0D %0D Do NOT do it. %0D %0D I cannot tell you how many times I have had to remind womyn of this rule over the years. Sometimes not very nicely. There is nothing worse than hearing a man's voice when you are snug in your Fest tent late at night and think you are safe from violence. %0D %0D Everyone - use this thread to post "friendly" advice for fellow Festies. %0D %0D Tell them NOW so you don't have to tell them THEN."%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 506/30/2010

DO NOT rape our pure womynEars with that hateRAPe noise! I'm telling you NOW so I don't have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 606/30/2010

R3 is full of shit. Compare any public bathroom male vs female and the men's rooms are always 1000 x more gross.

by Anonymousreply 706/30/2010

Do NOT use regular drugstore shampoo in the showers. It is not biodegradable.

Do NOT do it.

There is a dyke who, when notified, will come and confiscate your shampoo. It is POISONING the Land and the womyn on it.

I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 806/30/2010

Mysterious Michfest Moments is my current favorite over there.%0D %0D "I had many emotions swirling through me during this week and could not get a handle on where they were coming from. One was a low deep sadness that I could not shake, I was being awakened to the Feminine Divine and thought that it just must be from the generations of womyns suffering. As many womyn do when they feel this intense emotion, I shaved my head, right there at the barter market, in trade for a poo ton of chocolate and some other edibles."%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 906/30/2010

are these people this horrible toward other people in real life?

by Anonymousreply 1106/30/2010

DO NOT use manufactured menstrual products. They are not biodegradable and unsafe for womynkind. Please use a moon cup and the menstrual huts if it's that time of the month.

DO NOT do it.

There is a dyke who, when notified, will come and confiscate any tampons or pads. They are POISONING the Land and the womyn on it.

I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 1206/30/2010

[quote]I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN

This is my new Stating My Boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 1306/30/2010

[quote]DO be sure to offer me a cold hard cider... I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.[/quote] I like this womyn.

by Anonymousreply 1406/30/2010

[quote]the person who thinks we should have hip food at fest like cereal

Cereal is hip? What is wrong with these people?

by Anonymousreply 1506/30/2010

I love how keepinitonthereal stirs things up.

by Anonymousreply 1606/30/2010

Troll on the Land!

by Anonymousreply 1706/30/2010

I seriously have to ask this (sorry of I come across as clueless) but that site must be a joke right? It's just mockery, correct? I'm ashamed to admit this, but even though I've been on DL for years, I've never ventured to a michfest thread - until today.

Are they for real?

by Anonymousreply 1806/30/2010

There is nothing "passive aggressive" about the posting in question. The term "passive aggressive" has a specific meaning -- to show your aggression through noncompliance. It does NOT mean "anything that bugs the shit out of me."

by Anonymousreply 1906/30/2010

R19, are you new, functionally illiterate, or both? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 2006/30/2010

I love "keepitontheREAL' b/c she is the one who starts shit.

by Anonymousreply 2106/30/2010

Keep posting the greatest hits from the Michfest forum, please!

by Anonymousreply 2206/30/2010

What happened to these women to equate all men with violence to the point that they can't listen to Tom Petty? They are all fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 2306/30/2010

A poster in one of the previous threads had an interesting idea about this: he/she wrote, that the Michfest womyn are waiting for 360 days for this thing, which is a pretty huge event for them (one said that she would cancel on her daughters wedding). So they want to make sure that it is perfect and lives up to their imagination. It has to be the BEST few days in their whole year. That puts on a lot of pressure.

by Anonymousreply 2506/30/2010

Too many cooks in the pussy kitchen.

Those bitches are nuts and "THE LAND" needs to open up and swallow 'em all.

by Anonymousreply 2606/30/2010

" have to say, as a festie virgin this year, I feel pretty let down by your post keepin'. So far in preparing to come to festival for the first time, I have received nothing but loving, open and honest advice and support. I am ETERNALLY grateful to my dear friends for this. They have happily taken time out of their days to answer any questions I have asked, and a lot of questions I hadn't even thought to ask. "%0D %0D We should pretend to be michfesters preparing for a trip to Disney World-- after making sure Mickey will be on vaca. I'm so tempted to troll one of the disney world sites by posting Michfest info, but edited with DW info.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2706/30/2010

I wonder what I always wonder whenever the topic arises: if these womyns hate men so much, why do they try so hard to look and act like men?

by Anonymousreply 2806/30/2010

[quote]when wimmin are turning you off that means you crossed a Line...

I think some boundaries are being crossed...

by Anonymousreply 2906/30/2010

[quote]Are they for real?

Only too real.

If they're having fun, good for them. But I still reserve the right to think of them as hypocrites and control freaks.

That said, repeating a comment I made in another Fest thread, when on DL poster unearthed a Festie who referred to the under-10 boy children--who are allowed to be with the womym so long as they are held at the Camp Brother Son gulag which is technically not on the Land--as "pre-rapists" the tenor of the Fest shifted to become less eccentric and more pathological.

by Anonymousreply 3006/30/2010

[quote]Daddy Devin, I want to validate your experience and the message you are trying to get across here. The world is often a violent and violating place and many damaging unconscious attitudes and behaviours get brought in and pop up on the land. My family unit was once called Brady Bunch because I needed to set a boundary around behavior that was happening near us in the sprouts family camping area. It set off a whole series of internal feelings of shame and unworthiness from which I was still struggling to recover from early life experiences and I had an awful year that year in complete PTSD reaction. If I had been a virgin, I might not have come back. I wonder what that woman felt who got called bitch because she didn't respond to a drunken shout out. I imagine it was something similar. Our maybe she has more self esteem than me and just thought she was being a jerk. Even the threat of someone possibly jumping bad with me if I make a mistake is nerve wracking, and when strained beyond my capacities, like Ayla says, I have been known to escalate a situation too. %0D %0D %0D Who the hell talks like this? Evidently, fiber is not on the menu at MichFest because these womyn are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3106/30/2010

[quote]That said, repeating a comment I made in another Fest thread, when on DL poster unearthed a Festie who referred to the under-10 boy children--who are allowed to be with the womym so long as they are held at the Camp Brother Son gulag which is technically not on the Land--as "pre-rapists" the tenor of the Fest shifted to become less eccentric and more pathological.

That didn't come from a DL parody post??? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 3206/30/2010

What happens when thousands of women all PMS at the same time?

Michfest

by Anonymousreply 3306/30/2010

[quote]Daddy Devin, I want to validate your experience and the message you are trying to get across here. The world is often a violent and violating place and many damaging unconscious attitudes and behaviours get brought in and pop up on the land. My family unit was once called Brady Bunch because I needed to set a boundary around behavior that was happening near us in the sprouts family camping area. It set off a whole series of internal feelings of shame and unworthiness from which I was still struggling to recover from early life experiences and I had an awful year that year in complete PTSD reaction. If I had been a virgin, I might not have come back. I wonder what that woman felt who got called bitch because she didn't respond to a drunken shout out. I imagine it was something similar. Our maybe she has more self esteem than me and just thought she was being a jerk. Even the threat of someone possibly jumping bad with me if I make a mistake is nerve wracking, and when strained beyond my capacities, like Ayla says, I have been known to escalate a situation too.

You know, I understand all the words just fine, but I'll be damned if I get sisterwommon's point.

[quote]That didn't come from a DL parody post??? Damn.

Sadly, no. Nan Michiganwommon is a parody, but not by much.

I hope I am intellectually honest enough to believe that if this was a group of men cavorting in the same way, I would be as perplexed and willing to poke the beehive (or at least watch it be poked, I can't say I would like myself for going in to stir up trouble, much as I don't like it when people do it here).

by Anonymousreply 3406/30/2010

I think it's worth noting that many women on the thread clearly don't agree with this one very hostile person. She's got a real anger-management problem, and if she acts like this at Michigan I don't imagine she's too welcome.%0D %0D You can get a distorted picture of these Michfest attendees from this board. I have a friend who goes every year, and she's perfectly sane. She just likes the music and being with other lesbians.%0D %0D I'd like to go just once, but I hate sleeping outdoors.

by Anonymousreply 3506/30/2010

R35, you could rent a camper and 'embed' yourself and post spy reports on DL and we would love you forever.

by Anonymousreply 3606/30/2010

that "pre-rapist" comment is one of the many many reasons i wouldn't even think of going to such a freaky place, VotN.

by Anonymousreply 3706/30/2010

Someone has called out keepinitontheREAL:%0D %0D [quote]so do yourself & the board a fav & take time to read defining festival moments & see the True Spirit of Sisterhood ,Caring ,Sharing .. i would like to know how many fest have you been too & what has been your defining fest moment? %0D denise%0D %0D I want to know what her defining fest moment was, too. And I also want to tell her, "Lighten up, Francis," but that would be referencing a penised-person's movie character, and I'm not sure if that would be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3806/30/2010

Okay, which one of you bitches is over there posting as keepinitonthereal? Come on, fess up!

by Anonymousreply 3906/30/2010

And I am telling you NOW so that I don't have to tell you THEN that I am not going.

by Anonymousreply 4006/30/2010

French & Saunders need to do an undercover documentary.

by Anonymousreply 4106/30/2010

[quote]so, keepitonthereal has now apparently proposed hip meals to include cereal (a dear festie said to me 'hell, if you just break up most of the meals at fest and let them dry out, you have cereal") ; special eating areas for vegans, giving attitude to people who dont 'follow the rules' and on the fat at fest thread, a special FAT CAMP at fest so the fat women can excercise and eat healthy low fat meals because why talk about decreasing chaffing when they could just lose weight?

Are we sure keepitontheREAL isn't a DL troll? These topics all sound like DL troll fodder.

by Anonymousreply 4206/30/2010

That penised-person's voice is hateraping my ears!

by Anonymousreply 4306/30/2010

R23 asks what could have happened to these women to make them so bitter and distrustful.

Moments later, R24 inadvertently answers the question.

Many women who are attacked on a regular basis because of their gender, sexuality, appearance, political beliefs, etc. are going to turn angry.

The same thing happens with men, too, you know. It happens to everyone to some degree. Freepers suffer disappointment and decide to hate all liberals; white people blame the economy on people of color; lately, I've seen a spate of youngish hetero men online who hate all women because no one will sleep with them.

by Anonymousreply 4406/30/2010

From keepingitonthe REAL:%0D "In terms of my defining moment, it is actually difficult to speak about. I will say it involves a brief but intense love that was snatched away and I did not figure out why until much later, in a very moving and cinematic moment. I might elaborate later if I can pull myself together."%0D %0D Sounds like a DL moment. %0D

by Anonymousreply 4506/30/2010

keepitontheREAL replies: [quote]In terms of my defining moment, it is actually difficult to speak about. I will say it involves a brief but intense love that was snatched away and I did not figure out why until much later, in a very moving and cinematic moment. I might elaborate later if I can pull myself together.

by Anonymousreply 4606/30/2010

ok, keepingitontheReal has got to be a troll. A very funny one, mind you.

by Anonymousreply 4706/30/2010

Wait. Is someone copying what keepingitontheREAL says over there to DL just moments after she posts it?

That's trollin' right there, folks. That's the same BS the anti-Q Whip trolls were doing a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 4806/30/2010

[quote]What happened to these women to equate all men with violence to the point that they can't listen to Tom Petty?

They don't/can't have a penis and they're very angry about it.

by Anonymousreply 4906/30/2010

Before this storm can blow itself out, another one approaches: [quote] haven't been to Fest since 2007 :( and I won't be going this year, but last time I was there, I noticed in a way I hadn't before how male-voiced Movies Under the Stars were. I found that troublesome and hard to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 5006/30/2010

The Troll is coming from inside the thread!

by Anonymousreply 5106/30/2010

R48, that's reporting the news as it happens.

by Anonymousreply 5206/30/2010

That explains why I hear the Muppet News Flash music play every time I read those posts, R52.

by Anonymousreply 5306/30/2010

It's easy to investigate. How far back do keepitonthereal's posts go? If they are all recent, it's obviously a troll. If she's been posting for years, she's probably legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 5406/30/2010

The Troll is posting from inside the thread!

by Anonymousreply 5506/30/2010

keepitontheREAL joined April 12.

I think we'll find a big Michfest thread was going on here at DL on or about April 12.

by Anonymousreply 5606/30/2010

keepitontheCRAZY is too real to be an undercover DL troll.

by Anonymousreply 5706/30/2010

It's all because of this. The research proves it!! "Attention, perversely assertive women! You are abnormal!"

by Anonymousreply 5806/30/2010

The entire thread is stressing out DaddyDevin (and what kind of name is that, anyway?)

[quote]This is the part of living in community that can be difficult for me to navigate. I worry that I have to warn my Festie Virgin friends that there are angry womyn on the Land who in their actions and words are Violent.

Signed, "Breathing in Fear and Anger, Breathing out Community and Gentleness"

by Anonymousreply 5906/30/2010

Were all these women attacked by men? I don't get it. Why do they think men are all violent. Those dykes sound like the angry violent ones to me.

by Anonymousreply 6006/30/2010

Clearly, KeepinitReal or whatever her name is, is a Datalounger who infiltrated the MichFest board. Shame on you. It's funny enough without you posting your fake scenarios over there.

by Anonymousreply 6106/30/2010

I knew keepitontheREAL was a delightful little prankster when she suggested the abolition of nutloaf. Talk about a rock chucked into a beehive.

by Anonymousreply 6206/30/2010

I, for one, thought r40's post was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6306/30/2010

Me too, except it should be signed Jennifer Holliday-Huddaughterwimmin.

by Anonymousreply 6406/30/2010

Are you required to work if you attend? I'm getting the impression that they want people working which would suck. When I'm on vacation I do not work.

by Anonymousreply 6507/01/2010

Lord, keepitontheREAL has posted her Elaborate Festival Experience Scenario: [quote]My Defining Festival Experience I will say that her name was Liz. I met her in Crafts. I overheard her discussing a necklace that she liked. So I bought it for her. It was a Crescent Moon. So began the romance. Three days. Passionate sex. We talked, but mostly about me. Little about her.It was her first fest. My second. She was from a small town in Minnesota. She said she had never felt more alive in her life. Never so free. She was older than me. In her late 30s.That Fest ended with a promise. We would exchange no contact information. Rather we would meet the following year at Fest and begin anew. Fest Magic. See You Next August. Tears.The following year I looked for Liz, my heart overflowing with desire and excitement.But I did not find her. I wept.The following year I looked for Liz, refusing to give up hope.But again, I did not find her. I wept.Over the following year I tried to forget her. Her hair. Her smell. The way she laughed.It was late July and I was at my local Wal-Mart, picking up some last minute items for Fest. I was just about finished checking out when I heard a familiar voice.It was Liz.My heart fluttered as I looked up and saw her standing only ten feet away. I opened my mouth to speak but could not make a sound.Suddenly, her eyes locked with mine and I felt overcome with emotion. I wanted to run to her, to embrace her, to tell her that I missed her.But something was wrong. She did not look happy. She looked alarmed at the sight of me.And then I saw why.She was calling out to three children. Not young children either. Teenagers. Clearly her own. They joined her, as did a man - her husband, clearly, and they all hastily made their way out of the store.Overwhelmed, I staggered to my car, placed my purchases in the trunk and began the drive home.A stoplight at a T-intersection. I look to my left. Liz is in the passenger seat of the minivan next to me. Her husband driving, her kids in the back. Her eyes are locked with mine.As my eyes begin to flood with tears, I notice that her hand is dangling from the car window.Hanging from her hand? The Crescent Moon necklace.The light turned green. They turned left and I turned right. I have not seen Liz since.I will look for her again this year.

by Anonymousreply 6607/01/2010

Liz may have dodged a bullet there.

by Anonymousreply 6707/01/2010

I have to ask: are they really serious about the "no male voices" rule? Jesus.%0D %0D And regarding the "non-biodegradeable" shampoo business--who's gonna police it? Do they do taste-tests or something? %0D %0D Lord have mercy. I have lesbian friends who have gone to Fest and they swear this stuff actually occurs. One friend says that in reality all the concerts, activities, etc. are really just a cover for all the drug/alcohol fueled orgies and fucking that goes on for a week.

by Anonymousreply 6807/01/2010

OK, which one of you bitches is keepitontheREAL? Replying with "THREAD CLOSED" = DLer%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6907/01/2010

Liz, that hussy.

by Anonymousreply 7007/01/2010

I think Lisa Whelchel should go to MichFest.

by Anonymousreply 7107/01/2010

I think keepitontheREAL has a lovely sort of Hemingwayesque style. Which figures.

by Anonymousreply 7207/01/2010

I get the impression that KeepitontheREAL is some fat, giggly queen who figures she's struck gold with her little game.

It was much more fun when we wouldn't contaminate their board,but come back here and laugh a out the organic postings.

by Anonymousreply 7407/01/2010

[quote] "and laugh a out "

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7507/01/2010

Nice try, r3? Why once a month? I refuse to believe they all synced their periods. Syncing happens, but not like that.

by Anonymousreply 7607/01/2010

The main poster is hilarious but obviously a troll. Didn't we agree to leave them be in their natural habitat. God FORBID they decide "this lady is a nutter, we're not *that* off the reservation are we" and begin to temper their crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7707/01/2010

I think the point is that KEEPITONTHEREAL was sent via special post from DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 7807/04/2010

[quote]I love how keepinitonthereal stirs things up.

I love how none of the wimmin on the site have no clue that keepitonthereal's 'cinematic' fest experience is the plot from "Bridges of Madison County". Some of them have commented on how beautiful and tear-inducing it was.

by Anonymousreply 7907/04/2010

[quote]Replying with "THREAD CLOSED" = DLer

Totally. And the poor Michfest dykes have no idea they have a troll in their midst.

by Anonymousreply 8007/04/2010

So what are these women, Radicalesbians or Separatists?

by Anonymousreply 8107/04/2010

Michfesters now rally around KIOTR due to "her" defining Michfest moment. This has to be one of you bitches:%0D My Defining Festival Experience %0D I will say that her name was Liz. I met her in Crafts. I overheard her discussing a necklace that she liked. So I bought it for her. It was a Crescent Moon. %0D %0D So began the romance. Three days. Passionate sex. We talked, but mostly about me. Little about her. %0D %0D It was her first fest. My second. She was from a small town in Minnesota. She said she had never felt more alive in her life. Never so free. She was older than me. In her late 30s. %0D %0D That Fest ended with a promise. We would exchange no contact information. Rather we would meet the following year at Fest and begin anew. Fest Magic. See You Next August. Tears. %0D %0D The following year I looked for Liz, my heart overflowing with desire and excitement. %0D %0D But I did not find her. I wept. %0D %0D The following year I looked for Liz, refusing to give up hope. %0D %0D But again, I did not find her. I wept. %0D %0D Over the following year I tried to forget her. Her hair. Her smell. The way she laughed. %0D %0D It was late July and I was at my local Wal-Mart, picking up some last minute items for Fest. I was just about finished checking out when I heard a familiar voice. %0D %0D It was Liz. %0D %0D My heart fluttered as I looked up and saw her standing only ten feet away. I opened my mouth to speak but could not make a sound. %0D %0D Suddenly, her eyes locked with mine and I felt overcome with emotion. I wanted to run to her, to embrace her, to tell her that I missed her. %0D %0D But something was wrong. She did not look happy. She looked alarmed at the sight of me. %0D %0D And then I saw why. %0D %0D She was calling out to three children. Not young children either. Teenagers. Clearly her own. They joined her, as did a man - her husband, clearly, and they all hastily made their way out of the store. %0D %0D Overwhelmed, I staggered to my car, placed my purchases in the trunk and began the drive home. %0D %0D A stoplight at a T-intersection. I look to my left. Liz is in the passenger seat of the minivan next to me. Her husband driving, her kids in the back. Her eyes are locked with mine. %0D %0D As my eyes begin to flood with tears, I notice that her hand is dangling from the car window. %0D %0D Hanging from her hand? The Crescent Moon necklace. %0D %0D The light turned green. They turned left and I turned right. %0D %0D I have not seen Liz since. %0D %0D %0D I will look for her again this year.

by Anonymousreply 8207/04/2010

R82, you couldn't even read just a few posts above you?

by Anonymousreply 8307/04/2010

fest is not a very festive place

by Anonymousreply 8407/04/2010

I don't think keepitontheREAL is a troll from DL. I think she's a real woman who completely misjudged the seriousness with which her posts on this thread would be taken. She was trying to play on old Festie legends (like the one about the biodegradable soap), and thought the hypercontrolling attitude would be recognized as parody and would be appreciated.

If you look at her posts in other threads, she seems quite normal.

by Anonymousreply 8507/04/2010

[quote] One friend says that in reality all the concerts, activities, etc. are really just a cover for all the drug/alcohol fueled orgies and fucking that goes on for a week.

So it's basically the the lesbian version of the White Party?

by Anonymousreply 8607/04/2010

I sure hope so. Dykes need to get their freek on, too.

by Anonymousreply 8707/04/2010

What is a menstrual hut? What goes on there?

by Anonymousreply 8807/04/2010

It's like a Bear Run, but with more fur.

by Anonymousreply 8907/04/2010

Oh dear, Francis thinks she is a litterateur.%0D She always gets this way a week before, well, you know.%0D

by Anonymousreply 9007/04/2010

Do womyn really "fuck," though? I picture lots of boob play, clit licking, and scissoring.

by Anonymousreply 9107/04/2010

KIOTR just has to be a DL member. I am shocked that nobody on the Michfest board has figured this out yet.%0D %0D Yeah, that whole nutloaf/hip cereal thing was funny, but the Wal-Mart Denouement was over the top. Let's just leave the wimmin to their own devices, they're much more entertaining that way.

by Anonymousreply 9207/04/2010

When you refer to an area as "The Land", does it make you an honorary Native American?

by Anonymousreply 9307/04/2010

[quote]I have to ask: are they really serious about the "no male voices" rule? Jesus.

Christ r68, let's try it again. That poster, who said that, is a DL member. He/she is trolling over there.

by Anonymousreply 9407/04/2010

[quote]Do womyn really "fuck," though? I picture lots of boob play, clit licking, and scissoring.

Are you really THIS ignorant?

by Anonymousreply 9507/04/2010

I'm asking this in all seriousness instead of my normal bullshit: Are dildos and/or vibrators allowed on the Land?

by Anonymousreply 9607/04/2010

Yes. Some even wear them walking around. It was discussed in the thread about bringing children to fest.

by Anonymousreply 9707/04/2010

R96, some women - wimmin- have objected to others wearing strap-ons about the place, but they have most often been objecting to it when there is a chance kids will witness it. But god, can you imagine the grief you would cop from some for having one that looked like an actual cock?

by Anonymousreply 9807/04/2010

You questions wounds, R98. Do not ask it again. I have stated my boundaries!

I am telling you HERE, because you are a man and not going THERE.

by Anonymousreply 9907/04/2010

Dear Goddess, why don't they just all buy Nova Scotia and go the hell away?

by Anonymousreply 10007/04/2010

Regardless of whether KIOTR is a DL poster, there is indeed a rule that womyn are not to play male-voiced music on the Land.

by Anonymousreply 10107/04/2010

[quote]Yes. Some even wear them walking around

Wouldn't that mean they were emulating the hateraping patriarchy?

I honestly think Fest is like a hydra. As soon as I think I have a rule pinned down, two more spring up.

by Anonymousreply 10207/04/2010

What are the socio-political ramifications of bearing a "strap-on" when frolicking in the woods? Is it rape?

by Anonymousreply 10307/04/2010

That's because some are the hardcore festival goers and workers and then there seems to be those very causal ones (majority) that just go. When you have a mix like that, of course one rule is going to spring up 2 more.

by Anonymousreply 10407/04/2010

I wonder what the notorious, vagina-cape-clad Sara is planning to wear this year?

by Anonymousreply 10507/04/2010

Damn, I really need to read my text before I post. Oh well, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 10607/04/2010

Oh Tasha, I'm a woman but I am not going there as you are batshit crazy and I haven't read a single thing on the boards about the actual fucking music and it seems an awfully long way to go to listen to whining and workshops.

by Anonymousreply 10707/04/2010

Ah mammories!%0D %0D And vaginas!

by Anonymousreply 10807/04/2010

Actually, was just wondering if they do day passes for those folk who just want to catch the music?

by Anonymousreply 10907/04/2010

No r109. Whatever day you show up, you must buy a ticket that covers the remainder of the Fest.

However you can plead poverty and get a reduced rate ticket.

by Anonymousreply 11007/04/2010

Thanks, r110.

by Anonymousreply 11107/04/2010

Gynergy is my new favorite word.

by Anonymousreply 11207/05/2010

All these little girls being dragged out to this vaginafest in the woods by their lesbians moms every year are going to grow up to be cock-hungry Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 11307/05/2010

Bumping per request in the "Please Bump..." thread.

by Anonymousreply 11407/05/2010

I love this thread. Who knew that the Michfest board was like that - I didn't. I bow my head in shame as a long time DL lesbian who never ventured into a michfest thread - until I saw this one.

by Anonymousreply 11507/05/2010

"I wonder what the notorious, vagina-cape-clad Sara is planning to wear this year?"%0D %0D Her vagina cape. These wimmen beieve in making their outfits last!

by Anonymousreply 11607/06/2010

If Mitchfest would get rid of all the New Age control freaks who seem to run the show they'd get a LOT more gals to come.

by Anonymousreply 11707/06/2010

r41, definitely! If British comics knew about MichFest they would be all over it.

by Anonymousreply 11807/06/2010

To add... I'm surprised Kathy Griffin hasn't been all over it yet.

by Anonymousreply 11907/06/2010

[quote] "All these little girls being dragged out to this vaginafest in the woods by their lesbians moms every year are going to grow up to be cock-hungry Republicans."

I love R113 because it is so true.

by Anonymousreply 12007/06/2010

I wonder if Sara the Vagina Cape-Twirler knows that she's become a DL icon of sorts?

by Anonymousreply 12107/06/2010

The gender identity debate continues...until AmazonTrader snaps [quote]This is why, in spite of your continual derailing of threads around here, that you get left to dither along in your fabrications with the likes of bredna, a married man who fancies himself a woman but can't give up the male privileges%0D %0D And cicely responds [quote]I didn't know that as it happens but please don't start letting the truth get in the way of your character assassinations whatever you do - I might not recognise you. %0D %0D Has pointless bitchery made it's way to the Michfest boards?

by Anonymousreply 12207/06/2010

Louis Theroux would have had a field day with Michfest.

by Anonymousreply 12307/06/2010

Here's one of the Michfest chants: [quote]The earth is a womyn and she will rise %0D The earth is a womyn and she will rise %0D We all live in her %0D We all live in her. . . %0D %0D %0D If we're living in her and she rises, will we fall out?

by Anonymousreply 12407/08/2010

[quote]You could rent a camper and 'embed' yourself and post spy reports on DL and we would love you forever.

Yeah, R35!

One of us gals should go. Or maybe a group of us. We could rent an Air Stream.

by Anonymousreply 12507/08/2010

This lady's Fest sounds like it's going to be a nightmare!

[quote]I am going with my child, know no one and in two hours I am getting an MRI so I could find out why I can't walk without pain. The tickets came yesterday and at first I was amped and then I realized WTH am I doing?!

I registered with dart but we are camping at the family campground. I have a cpap that I must sleep with every night, I am trying to figure out marine deep cycling batteries. My daughter at 7 is an extremely picky eater, she is also in therapy for anger issues. She is great at school and playdates, but she breaks mirrors and beats up her Dad and has recently started to hurt me. So much anger in a small child. I am in tears trying to get all the equipment together, wondering how I will set up my tent.

Parenting her is so different then her brother who is almost 17.

I am going to bring a little tent for her to have her toys and stuff in. She has camped before but apparently doesn't remember. We are going on a 3 day camp before the fest so hopefully she will be get used to it.

She is excited about playing with the other girls. I hope it stays that way. As for me, I am not asking the Goddess for much, a mostly calm happy week meeting new women and if I can see BETTY, that would be aces. I saw them at the last fest I went to, whenever Limboland came out.

It is so hard sometimes, all that rage in a small cute bundle. 90% of the time she is herself, happy and creating and playing and then she flips out.

She is at her therapist right now, a small break for me!

Rose [/quote]

by Anonymousreply 12607/13/2010

Rose, take the hint. Sell your tickets and pass the Fest.

by Anonymousreply 12707/13/2010

^ I dunno -- a little Amazon with food and anger issues sounds like she'd be right at home!

by Anonymousreply 12807/13/2010

Rose, your daughter stole and sharted on my Vagina Cape. She has not only crossed my boundaries, she has made me attend my croning ceremony sans a colorful celebratory garment. I have a Clitoral Cap, but it isn't as nice as a Vagina Cape!

I have reported her to the Fest, and I'm afraid you won't be invited back.

by Anonymousreply 12907/13/2010

A little girl who beats up her dad would be a heroine to most Festies. %0D %0D Maybe they'll give her a parade.

by Anonymousreply 13007/13/2010

Send her to "Brother Sun" with a pair of rusty shears. She will be able to figure the rest out on her own...

by Anonymousreply 13107/13/2010

[quote]What are the socio-political ramifications of bearing a "strap-on" when frolicking in the woods? Is it rape?

Oh...I know this one! If it's not a REPRESENTATIONAL dildo (ie, one that looks like a penis), it's ok. Like, if it looks like a rabbit or a dolphin or some not-really-phallic, rainbow colored piece of silicon.

by Anonymousreply 13207/13/2010

[quote] "Oh...I know this one!"

by Anonymousreply 13307/13/2010

Along those lines, if one gives a blow job to a dildo, who benefits? There's no happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 13407/13/2010

Oh my

by Anonymousreply 13507/13/2010

What were you trying to show us, r135?

by Anonymousreply 13607/13/2010

Michfest sounds like such an enormous pain in the ass to attend. Every thread on the forum is stuffed with minutiae about schedules, what to pack, and of course rules rules rules.

by Anonymousreply 13707/13/2010

[quote]Along those lines, if one gives a blow job to a dildo, who benefits? There's no happy ending.%0D %0D I'm telling you now, so that I won't have to tell you later: that is not a dildo in my womon's mouth. That is my dick. It may not be a flesh and blood dick, but on a deeply spiritual/mystical level it is indeed my phallus.

by Anonymousreply 13807/14/2010

And everything has been processed, analyzed, planned, agonized over, and re-examined in excrutiating detail.

by Anonymousreply 13907/14/2010

A friend just went to one of the Radical Faerie shindigs in Vermont a few weeks ago for the first time. He attended one of their Quaker-style meetings in which the rules and boundaries of the community were debated ad nauseum. %0D %0D Feeling that things were being taken just a tad too seriously, he quickly ditched the meetings and just spent his time frolicking in the skinny-dippin' brook and getting laid in, and I quote him here, "a sea of poppers" and pretty much had a great time.

by Anonymousreply 14007/14/2010

A blast from the past: Fat at Fest from 2008

by Anonymousreply 14107/15/2010

Welcome to any event put on by lesbians for lesbians, r139.

I volunteered a major women's weekend once. Lesbians should have neither walkie talkies, headsets nor clipboards.

It brings out the worst.

by Anonymousreply 14207/15/2010

I subscribe to the Indigo Girls on Facebook and today in my newsfeed saw that they announced that they were going to be playing at Michfest. Well, people got up in arms that the IG's shouldn't play at a transphobic event. I'm reading all the comments and then I see where some guy says, "Will Nan be there?" Hardest laugh of the day.

by Anonymousreply 14307/15/2010

The insanity spreads to Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 14407/15/2010

Mitchfest could use a takeover by cool party dykes.

by Anonymousreply 14507/15/2010

"croning ceremony"%0D %0D Was that deliberate or just a (fitting) typo?

by Anonymousreply 14607/15/2010

*spits out coffee at work computer*%0D %0D Thanks, R141!

by Anonymousreply 14707/15/2010

R146, your words wound. I am telling you NOW and I will tell you THEN that your post is not in the spirit of The Goddess and Fest. I have stated my boundaries. %0D %0D There are many youth-challenged, age-positive wimmin at Fest and they delight in the croning ritual and for you to make fun of that is just so ANTIFEST! Please do not make me state my boundaries again, but I will if you force me to.

by Anonymousreply 14807/15/2010

" "croning ceremony"...Was that deliberate or just a (fitting) typo?"%0D %0D Not a typo. When wimmin reach a certain advanced and mystical age, they are delared "crones", meaning wise tribal elders. Achieving "crone-hood" is a big deal. It's like advancing from Webelos to official Boy Scouts.%0D

by Anonymousreply 14907/15/2010

With all the size-positive wimmin and the heat and humidity, this should be a record year for fromunda cheese, or "yeasties" as some call it.%0D %0D Fromunda cheese comes "from unda'" sweaty, moist rolls of skin and can be rather fragrant.

by Anonymousreply 15007/15/2010

[quote]Not a typo. When wimmin reach a certain advanced and mystical age, they are delared "crones", meaning wise tribal elders. Achieving "crone-hood" is a big deal. It's like advancing from Webelos to official Boy Scouts.

Do they get some outward designation, so others can know that the croning has taken place? They could wear a scarlet letter C on their shirt, but (a) that doesn't work if they're going topless, and (b) others may think it stands for Cunti, the name of a Hindu goddess.

by Anonymousreply 15107/15/2010

Crones receive crystal balls (Magic 8 balls), cauldrons, and medicine bags.

by Anonymousreply 15207/15/2010

Don't forget about the cheeseball contest.%0D %0D They have a contest to see which Festie can shove the most number of cheeseballs under their tits.

by Anonymousreply 15307/15/2010

"Crones receive crystal balls (Magic 8 balls), cauldrons, and medicine bags."

Wouldn't they be better off receiving Restylane?

by Anonymousreply 15407/15/2010

What would happen if a doctor set up a plastic surgery tent at MichFest?

by Anonymousreply 15507/15/2010

Looks like they enjoy their starches at "fest."

by Anonymousreply 15607/15/2010

[quote]What would happen if a doctor set up a plastic surgery tent at MichFest?

She would be beaten to within an inch of her life.

by Anonymousreply 15707/15/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 15807/16/2010

Have any festies dropped dead of a coronary while there?

by Anonymousreply 15907/16/2010

Are there any alternate dyke fests? Mitchfest sounds like fun if they could drop the whole wymyn/male patriarchy/new age bullshit and have a buncha fun lesbians with no agenda who just want to party get their groove on.

by Anonymousreply 16007/16/2010

Well there's Womens Weekend at the Russian River in Guerneville, CA every year.

But that's mostly drinkin' and passin' out and having fights.

by Anonymousreply 16107/16/2010

I'd just like to say that I looked at all the facebook pictures in the link above and many of those women look quite lovely. And I mean it.

by Anonymousreply 16207/16/2010

Goddess bump.

by Anonymousreply 16308/29/2010

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 16406/11/2012

The forum lacks the craziness of recent years now that the owners have made changes.I wonder where they chat now. Has anyone seen facebook pages or the like for the more ardent festies?

by Anonymousreply 16506/11/2012

r161: Sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than Michfest!

by Anonymousreply 16606/11/2012

[quote]There is nothing worse than hearing a man's voice when you are snug in your Fest tent late at night and think you are safe from violence.

So a man's voice is merely heard and these crazy bitches associate it with violence? They have serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 16706/11/2012

Squirrels. Death.

by Anonymousreply 16806/11/2012

Don't talk about patriarchy underneath the tree that used to be the watermelon tree with anyone else but me, anyone else but me, anyone else but me ...

by Anonymousreply 16906/11/2012

bumped by the goddesses!

by Anonymousreply 17006/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.