Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chelsea Handler

Is she a nice person on or off the set?

by Anonymousreply 9511/29/2013

Has anyone else noticed the entire set to her show looks like the bi pride flag?

by Anonymousreply 106/25/2010

She seems super dykey to me.

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2010

Another no talent hack trying to latch onto gays for a career.

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2010

Is she a swimmer, she has got some manly shoulders going...

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2010

I adore her, but she has the worst hair, makeup, and wardrobe people in the business.

And, let's be honest. A Jersey girl shouldn't be left to her own devices.

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2010

She's very attractive. And she would have gotten her own show regardless. She just has that vibe about her.

She must be a fucking riot to do shots with.

by Anonymousreply 606/25/2010

by Anonymousreply 706/25/2010

Yes r3, she seems like the ultimate hag to do coke and drink Vodka with. What are ya gonna do.

Is she single now?

by Anonymousreply 806/25/2010

I really enjoy her show....and she is so fuckin' funny. I do find her attractive, and something about her pings to me. I may be completely off base with that but I just get that feeling.

by Anonymousreply 1006/25/2010

She always seems fairly indifferent to the male guests, but is ALWAYS telling the female guests how cute they are.

by Anonymousreply 1106/25/2010

R9. Chelsea Handler was never married. But yes, in January 2010, she broke up with her E! Entertainment executive older boyfriend, Ted Harbert.

by Anonymousreply 1206/25/2010

I thought it was kind of known in the indsutry that she's bi?

She's certainly hinted around at it on her show, but I don't know if that's just to play to the gay community or not.

Craig Ferguson gives out massive hints that he's bi on his show all the time. I know he's married and probably leans straight, but I wish he would just actually come out.

by Anonymousreply 1306/25/2010

Everyone is bi.

by Anonymousreply 1406/25/2010

No, everyone is not bi. And, it doesn't help bi-visibility to say that.

by Anonymousreply 1506/25/2010

I'm pretty sure he's at least bi, R13. He got a little handsy with one of my male friends a few years back - either he's extremely comfortable with touching men he's just met, or he found my friend attractive enough to grope.

by Anonymousreply 1606/25/2010

I think she's fabulous! And the people who work on her show seem to really adore her. She takes them all on great vacations to places like Cabo and spends a ton of money on them, so she must be pretty damn nice to work with.

by Anonymousreply 1706/25/2010

On his show last year on Bi Pride Day (September 23rd), Craig did a bit in his monologue about being a "bisexual Leprechaun". Later in the show he said he's "not actually a Leprechaun".

by Anonymousreply 1806/25/2010

>>> R15 No, everyone is not bi. And, it doesn't help bi-visibility to say that.

R15 , Are you serious? you are complaining about R14 and look at the you wrote on R13, R15 and R18. You think that's helping bi-visibility ?

by Anonymousreply 1906/25/2010

R19 Everyone is not bi. Chelsea Handler and Craig Fergeson very likely may be. It's called evidence.

by Anonymousreply 2006/25/2010

She did not just get divorced - she broke up with her boyfriend who is a CEO in TV, I think - they had been living together for about four years.

by Anonymousreply 2106/25/2010

I've met her and she's tiny, tasteless, gross and very un-funny off script. Painful!

by Anonymousreply 2206/25/2010

So is Jo Koy gay? He pings and Chelsea mentions it every time he is on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2306/25/2010

R21. Read R12 and pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 2406/25/2010

Met her when she came to Australia. Bizarre looking in real life. She has the waxy look of a plastic surgery victim. OK figure but not deserving of a mag cover or Playboy layout.

by Anonymousreply 2506/25/2010

r23, he has a son. He seems very gay, Chelsea seems gay to. But it seems like they have a crush on each other, it's kinda weird.

by Anonymousreply 2706/25/2010

She jokes about being bi or lesbian all the time. And has said (non-jokingly)on a number of occasions that she's had sex with women more than once. She's never really clear on how often.

by Anonymousreply 2806/26/2010

i know friends of hers who love her. never met her though.

by Anonymousreply 2906/26/2010

She is crass and loud. And I don't find her funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 3106/26/2010

R30, she chopped her hair off and it looked terrible.

Then and now, she experiements with hair extensions while it grows out.

Short hair and weird short hair-do's are very unflattering on her.

by Anonymousreply 3206/26/2010

Her bi-side really shows when she interviews Jenny McCarthy, Mary McCormack and Robin Wright. At least she has good taste in women. (Insert obvious joke here).

by Anonymousreply 3306/26/2010

"So is Jo Koy gay? He pings and Chelsea mentions it every time he is on the show."

He's straight, its kinda a running joke that Chelsea doesn't believe he's straight, just for fake arguments. Kinda like how she singles out Loni Love whenever a black person is in the news. Chris Frangoli is a different story. He told her in confidence (off air), that he wasn't sure about his sexuality. Told her he went to a gay bar with male strippers, but didn't like the way they shoved their junk in his face. She told the story on air, when he was on the panel, and it was quite awkward. He tried to laugh it off, reminding her he told her that in confidence. She replied that anything said to her is fair game. He wasn't back on the panel for about a month. She was out of line, let him come out if & when he's ready.

by Anonymousreply 3406/26/2010

love her. best show in late night tv.

by Anonymousreply 3506/26/2010

She's a half Jewish, half Mormon product of Livingston, New Jersey.

Do you really expect her to be Grace Kelly?

by Anonymousreply 3606/26/2010

R15 doesn't represent the bi community. She represents the humorless cunt and illiterate communities. Hint: "Everyone is not bi" is not the same as "Not everyone is bi."

by Anonymousreply 3706/26/2010

Chris Frangoli is hawt.

She won me over by measuring her and Jenny McCarthy's horse face.

by Anonymousreply 3806/26/2010

[quote]either he's extremely comfortable with touching men he's just met, or he found my friend attractive enough to grope.

Excuse me? I was just adjusting my shoulder bag.

by Anonymousreply 3906/26/2010

She is too crass

by Anonymousreply 4006/26/2010

She is intelligent and raunchy and fun...love her

by Anonymousreply 4106/26/2010

[quote]I've met her and she's tiny, tasteless, gross and very un-funny off script. Painful!

She's unfunny on script! How are her and her guests' witless, lame as hell jokes about unimportant celebrities and pop culture funny in the least? There are a lot of funny people here at DL, much funnier than these people. Chelsea and her guests are good representatives of what is wrong with the homogenized humor that is ever present and popular in the media.

It just sucks and it's low level sarcasm and obvious comebacks that aren't even funny or amusing. It's just fake, dumb, and tired.

by Anonymousreply 4206/26/2010

Before this show there was Girls Behaving Badly, where she was hilarious. She's great at keeping a straight face while saying the most outlandish things. I love her, and anyone who says differently can just fuck off. There you have it.

by Anonymousreply 4306/26/2010

Oh, a joke about Gary Coleman said with a straight face. I'm glad that there are still outlandish and talented comedians around like Chelsea Handler.

by Anonymousreply 4406/26/2010

Fire that blowsy hag and let Josh Wolf host...

...nude.

WOOF!

by Anonymousreply 4506/26/2010

If you read her books, or really paid attention to the show, you would see that she is far from a dyke, and she doesn't particularly cater to the gay audience.

I personally think she has a dry sense of humor and 9 times out of 10 she mocks the dumbasses that come on her show to shill their latest projects.

I really don't even want to particularly defend her but it just blows my mind when people here think unfunny loudmouths like Margaret Cho and Joan Rivers are so fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 4606/26/2010

Lol. Love R45's comment. Josh is hot but the ball cap has to go. No one cares about your hair. I want to be in between the Sklar twins for a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 4706/26/2010

Josh is hot? Sorry, don't see it. And I think that Chelsea is hilarious-- love her show.

by Anonymousreply 4806/27/2010

She called that bald guy a faggot last night but they bleeped it. She kept going on and on about how he was a fag.

by Anonymousreply 4906/27/2010

Josh is hiding his seven-head.

by Anonymousreply 5006/27/2010

Can't stand her. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 5106/27/2010

And a six-pack, R50, and a six-pack...%0D %0D WOOF!

by Anonymousreply 5206/27/2010

She's quick and kinda scary, I'd be afraid to be interviewed by her. I believe she is developing a different & more mature show for the future, she implies as much. I wish her luck. A successful woman comic has not had a talk show on TV in over 25 years...and while we're on the subject, what the fuck happened to feminism on TV?...I grew up in the 70s with woman and African Americans on TV at least a little bit Anyone remember Not for women only or Black news?...where did they go? I miss intelligent people.

by Anonymousreply 5306/27/2010

[quote]A successful woman comic has not had a talk show on TV in over 25 years...%0D %0D Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 5406/27/2010

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 5506/27/2010

[quote]A successful woman comic has not had a talk show on TV in over 25 years...

Excuse me, too?

by Anonymousreply 5606/27/2010

night time talk show.

by Anonymousreply 5706/27/2010

Well, I WOULDA been successful, bitches, if you'd have just watched...

by Anonymousreply 5806/27/2010

I used to love her show but then my BF and I saw her at Radio City Music Hall a couple months back - her live schtick was not great. It was kind of half-baked and crude, and she hardly dished on Hollywood at all. I was ready for a more merciless, uncensored version of her E! show and it wasn't like that at all. %0D %0D Since then, and more generally, since she's broken up with her boyfriend and started working her single status into every other punch line on her talk show, she just seems more pathetic. She used to be a lot fiercer and "above the fray."

by Anonymousreply 5906/27/2010

Agree with R40 and R42!

by Anonymousreply 6006/27/2010

What R5 said.

by Anonymousreply 6106/27/2010

As is true with every other comedian discussed here, some people find her funny and some don't.%0D There is no such thing as "NOT FUNNY" because it is all subjective!

by Anonymousreply 6206/27/2010

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 6306/27/2010

"A successful woman comic has not had a talk show on TV in over 25 years..."%0D %0D %0D %0D WTF???

by Anonymousreply 6406/27/2010

[quote]A successful woman comic has not had a talk show on TV in over 25 years...

Can we talk?

by Anonymousreply 6506/28/2010

Rosie O'Donnell

by Anonymousreply 6606/28/2010

I love her irreverence toward people, especially those who are too full of themselves or just plain stupid. She's friends with the Kartrashians but not afraid to trash them on her show for the scum they are.

And for the record, I want to be between Josh Wolf and Chris Franjola in bed, while Jo Koy sits in a chair jacking off while watching those two studs work me over like a Waring blender. I would definitely love to help Chris explore the unknown limits of his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 6706/28/2010

[quote]Her bi-side really shows when she interviews Jenny McCarthy, Mary McCormack and Robin Wright. %0D %0D And whenever she hugs a cute/hot female guest, her hands always move down to the guest's waist when they're embracing. That's kinda gay (or pervy).

by Anonymousreply 6806/28/2010

Agree with R5. She can't be as unattractive as they make her look on that show.

by Anonymousreply 6906/28/2010

Hey, R67, you have very good taste. Did ya see the show when CH had the panel go topless, and Wolf was on that night? He has a great body! Have tried to find photos, to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 7006/28/2010

This Chris Franjola was miffed at being outed? His face did that years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7106/28/2010

I recorde the show every night and it's the perfect 22 minutes at the end of the day. Loved with Mary MacCormack the other night when MM said if she has another baby she definitely wants a gay son because she used to spend so much time in gay bars. In fact she says she was Probe Mary. Great moment. I love Chelsea most of the time. The opening monolog moments can be painful but her interaction with the panel and certain guests can be awesome. I would love to see Josh without his hat (and did you know that he Scott Wolf's cousin?).

by Anonymousreply 7206/28/2010

R70, read the thread more closely next time, love.%0D %0D Again: WOOF!

by Anonymousreply 7306/28/2010

The more I see of her, the more I lust after her. I think she is honest, hilarious, and HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 7407/01/2010

Chelsea blasts Serbia. It's funny, actually.

by Anonymousreply 7506/25/2011

Her staff is hilarious. I've been to a comedy show and they're all really funny live. Don't know about how Chelsea is live, though.

by Anonymousreply 7607/23/2011

I don't think she's especially funny, but don't have the negative reaction that many do.

Her old show was funnier, however.

by Anonymousreply 7707/23/2011

I liked the after lately show

by Anonymousreply 7807/23/2011

She sounds like a fun person to go drinking with.

by Anonymousreply 7907/23/2011

She is a fake,homophobe and racist. She loves black cock. She also insults women of color and makes slick underhanded remarks about them. She chased Fiddy cents until he dated her. He stopped talking to her,cut her off cold. There was a blind item about it. I think it involved herpes. Check blind gossip but, it was fron CDAN. She ran to the tabs etc.. Saying she was the one who ended the relationship. Because he was getting her too mamy expensive gifts that "creeped" her out. He was still involved with Ciara at this time on/off and a few other friends with benefits. %0D %0D She is a liar and also has some weird fixation with Angelina Jolie. Bashing her every chance she gets and now supposedly friends with Jennifer Anniston. I doubt Jennifer wanted her to mention how fucked up they get in Carbo. Followed by more insults towards Jolie. Including how phoney Angelina's humanitarian side is etc.. %0D %0D Her jokes are lame and so not funny. She's dried up and haggard looking. Not attractive in the least. %0D %0D She also went after Mariah Carey while hse was pregnant.Nick Cannon get into it with her on twitter. I respect him at least for defending his wife. Though he should probably ignored her. %0D

by Anonymousreply 8007/23/2011

R80 seems to be evidence of how rough things can get in Hollywood, especially if you cross someone.

by Anonymousreply 8107/24/2011

She almost never does her show anymore. Unbelievable. Not only does she make an obscene amount of money for her lazy, half-assed dog and pony show, but now she can't even bother to show up.

by Anonymousreply 8212/06/2012

Her success (the show, the best-selling books, and guest-starring roles in movies and TV) is inexplicable to me.

Sarcasm minus intelligence and genuine wit adds up to... not much.

by Anonymousreply 8312/06/2012

[quote]I adore her, but she has the worst hair, makeup, and wardrobe people in the business

I agree! I know Chelsea can look better than she does on the show.

I have meet her in person, she's very sweet and funny. Oh, and she loves her gays!

by Anonymousreply 8412/06/2012

A really good comic can be crude and crass and still be hilarious. I'm thinking Chris Rock. Handler just isn't that funny. She comes across as just some pathetic high school girl who didn't get invited to the prom and she uses comedy as revenge against the prettys and populars. It's a shtick that can work if you're really good at it - she isn't.

In what world is she attractive? She has trailer park looks which are passable after a make-up person has worked their magic - like Susan Boyle was made passable. Anyone can look passable with help.

by Anonymousreply 8512/06/2012

I saw her perform once (before she had the show) & ishe was pretty funny. There were two other comics who were funnier...but she was still good.

As we were leaving, she was in the lobby greeting everyone. I didn't care to meet her or have my picture taken, but from what I observed, she was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 8612/06/2012

she looks like a long haul trucker

by Anonymousreply 8712/06/2012

[quote]She always seems fairly indifferent to the male guests, but is ALWAYS telling the female guests how cute they are

True.

She's awful but I guess that there are so many channels with so many time slots to fill that her "success" doesn't seem so odd.

She's unfunny, crude and ugly. Win win.

by Anonymousreply 8812/06/2012

On the episode that aired Nov 21, Chris Franjola looked right into the camera and said "I have a huge penis". Then later, when Max Greenfield was on, she asked him 3 different ways if he is gay. She was very blunt. Of course, it all could have been deliberately done to give him a chance to address gay rumors.

My friend is in love with the staffer Jeff Wild. She loves the big gap between his two front teeth, and she says he has a nice body based on various skits he's done half naked.

by Anonymousreply 8912/06/2012

I think she's great and watch her show every night.

She's a sincere ally to, and friend of the gay community and will tear a strip off of anyone who seriously (not jokingly) disses us. She once made Jo Koy publicly apologize on her show for some insults he made to/about gay people in his standup act.

Yes, she'll poke fun at gay people (and Asians and black people, Jews, etc.) but she knows we can take it and that we'll laugh along. It's not cruel or insulting. It's comedy.

What I also love about her is her inclusiveness. The comics and writers she employs and features are women, men, gay, straight, all races, all religions, all political stripes (Heather McDonald and Gary Valentine are dRepublicans), all body types, all levels of attractiveness and ugliness, etc. How many shows have that many women writers on the staff?

And where else could someone like Fortune Fiemster get an on-air TV job? Don't get me wrong, I love her. But I never would have heard of her had it not been for Chelsea Handler.

by Anonymousreply 9012/06/2012

"A successful woman comic has not had a talk show on TV in over 25 years..."

by Anonymousreply 9112/06/2012

This video showed up on Chelsea Lately show October 16th, 2012 (more details click thru). It shows a false reproduction of Sandra Bullock duplication in a nude scene in a shower. The video is false and is not Sandra Bullock. The original actress used before the pixel work was oriental, obvioius from looking at the eyes. [The technical people who did the work did this on purpose to avoid any incrimination and to protect themselves.] There was not a disclaimer placed on the video stating the video was not genuine. Sinora Chelsea Handler. You are perceived as an insult to Judiasm and your life in the entertainment industry will be short lived, good luck with your next career pursuit. Sandra Bullock and Jamie Jones URL has much more information, thank you

by Anonymousreply 9203/21/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 9311/29/2013

She is not funny..he hosting of the mtv music awards fell so flat and was so unfunny it nearly killed her career. She wrote a failed sitcom on NBC and really only has Chelsea lately left.

by Anonymousreply 9411/29/2013

R94, go fall in a hole.

by Anonymousreply 9511/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.