Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cameron Diaz on "The Daily Show"

Possibly the most annoying celebrity interview I've seen since last month.

The woman is clearly high on cocaine. Or she is dumb as a bag of hair. I guess either is possible. Or both.

11/10 Paltrows

by Anonymousreply 3307/11/2013

She's probably genuinely dumb as a rock, but even if she isn't, her publicist tells her to act that way in interviews. Cheerful stupidity is at the core of her appeal to straight men, or at least it was. Even straight men find cheerful stupidity to be unattractive in middle-aged women.

by Anonymousreply 106/23/2010

It's funny to me that many men like stupid women b/c it's been shown that IQ points of future women lie squarely on the woman's shoulders. Dumb wife = A bunch of dumb kids. Maybe men don't want the competition?

by Anonymousreply 206/23/2010

That was grizzly, I agree. She couldn't have been less charming.

by Anonymousreply 306/23/2010

I can't stand this broad. I find her success offensive. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 406/23/2010

Her movie with Tom Cruise was a huge bomb. Finally, her collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 506/23/2010

I will always remember when She did an Oprah show with Drew and Xtina Aguilera right abefore the 2004 election. Oprah asked her why woman should vote, and she gave one of the most bizzare, rambling explanations I've ever heard. And she got completely hysterical towards the end, tears and everything. The camera panned to Xtina who looked terrified as if Cameron was having a nervous breakdown right then and there.

by Anonymousreply 606/23/2010

Wasn't that airhead actress character in that Bill Murray movie supposed to be her?

by Anonymousreply 706/23/2010

I did not see The Daily Show interview, but I've seen Cameron speak eloquently and articulately at other times.

She gave an eloquent statement at Larry King's gulf telethon on Monday night. (not sure if it was extemporaneous or written by her)

But I know that she does have it in her to speak articulately and eloquently and with substance.

by Anonymousreply 806/23/2010

You're correct, R7--Anna Faris was playing a character closely based on Cameron Diaz in "Lost in Translation."

by Anonymousreply 906/23/2010

Yeah, Sofia Coppola must really be a jealous bitch. I think she was pissed at Spike Jonze and Cameron for flirting during Being John Malkovich.

by Anonymousreply 1006/23/2010

R8, She is an acress.

Do you REALLY think she wrote that herself????

Just because she can deliver some lines does not mean she isn't an airhead.

by Anonymousreply 1106/23/2010

I would prefer it if medieval literature scholars were cast in films.

by Anonymousreply 1206/23/2010

R11, there is no way of knowing whether Cameron wrote her statement at the gulf telethon or not.

I have heard her speak articulately extemporaneously in the past.

by Anonymousreply 1306/23/2010

Saw her live at the actor studio. She was so stupid she offended stupid people. None of the acting students had any questions for her. What I gather is that the director says do this and she does it. She is also a tough looking bitch. I was waiting for her to cut someone.

by Anonymousreply 1406/23/2010

R10, rumor was that Cameron Diaz had sex with Spike Jonze while he was married to Sofia Coppola.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2010

R6 I remember that interview! She was going on about if W were elected rape would be legalized or something. Strange, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2010

She also has terrible acne.

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2010

I get the cluelessness factor in her Paltrow rating, but I'm not quite feeling the necessary ego to measure it a full 11 out of 10. Maybe an 8?

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2010

muy estupido

by Anonymousreply 1906/23/2010

I've always found her way overrated. People keep say she's a raving beauty and that is difficult to believe, especially having seen a picture of her without make-up. And, while she's right in some roles, she's more of a personality than an actress.

by Anonymousreply 2006/23/2010

I'm going with stupid, but also think that she smokes a lot of weed and probably does coke.

And she has terrible skin. You would think with all that money she makes, she could get that under control as I'm sure that Los Angeles probably has some of the best dermatologists in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2106/23/2010

I was an extra on My Best Friend's Wedding and yes, Diaz is as stupid as she comes across in her interviews. My favorite memory of that time was an AD coming around to the extras and saying "Please don't look at Cameron during her monologue, she can't act when anyone's looking at her." Priceless!

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2010

I saw her hosting those Green concerts that Al Gore sponsored a few years back and, my, she was as dumb as a box full of rocks. I'd never heard her speak or be interviewed before.

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2010

"You would think with all that money she makes, she could get that under control as I'm sure that Los Angeles probably has some of the best dermatologists in the world."

Acne is caused by genetics and hormones, therefore it is hard to get it "under control"

by Anonymousreply 2406/23/2010

[quote]Acne is caused by genetics and hormones, therefore it is hard to get it "under control"

Bullshit. I have my under control.

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2010

She lived in Australia for a while in her late teens. I believe she got into heroin at that time and has been using ever since.

by Anonymousreply 2606/24/2010

She looks okay from a distance, but is weird looking up close.

by Anonymousreply 2706/24/2010

She's so stupid she forgot the name of her character when she appeared on The Daily Show.

by Anonymousreply 2806/24/2010

I thought she was pretty good in Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her but that's the only good thing I can think of to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 2906/24/2010

Okay, for a Cameron Diaz thread, I think it's safe to say, you queens have fulfilled your usage of "extemporaneously " quota.

by Anonymousreply 3006/24/2010

after watching her on interviews etc'she is quite thick, left school at 15.

by Anonymousreply 3107/11/2013

The cute schtick probably worked when she was cute and 22 but she's too old for that crap now. Plus she looks like shit. Her face was her meal ticket and she ruined that with having bad work done and now she adds the "I'm just a dumb blonde cutie pie" routine. She needs to cut it out if it's an act or to stop talking if she's really that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 3207/11/2013

She has a juicy role in the upcoming "The Counselor" and preliminary reports are that she's good.

by Anonymousreply 3307/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!