Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Should Hal Sparks keep his mouth shut?!

I've been hearing that Hal Sparks (he of QAF and mediocre stand-up comedy routines)has spoken out and said that 2 of his former QAF cast mates are still 'in the closet'. Has anybody else heard this? And should Hal have outed his former cast members like that? (Let the speculation about whom Hal may have been referring to begin!)

by Anonymousreply 52010/05/2012

Well considering that the only other two straight actors on the cast were Gale Harold and Scott Lowell then he obviously means them, unless he's referring to himself...

by Anonymousreply 106/21/2010

I think the answer to your question, OP, is Hal Sparks should always keep his mouth shut - in public anyway. He thinks saying fuck a lot makes his "comedy" edgy. It is rubbish.

For many years Sparks has been making bitchy remarks about former colleagues Gale Harold and Randy Harrison. Many of these comments were made to his adoring fans in the hopes they would write about it all over the internets. Lately I think he is implying that Randy is great and Gale is the only one he has a problem with.

Personally I think much of his ire is rooted in jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 206/21/2010

R1 is correct. I have heard this comment about 2 actors who were in the closet. Mostly he used to just talk about Gale Harold using words like "sexually confused" and imply that he and Harrison did indeed have an offscreen affair.

Good for them if they did and it wouldn't surprise me if Gale Harold is bi but it certainly isn't Sparks' place to try and out anyone.

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2010

Where? what? Link please!

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2010

@R3 with all those sex scenes I guess the poor thing was at the end, wasn't he? And I'm not surprised!

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2010

Has a Showtime standup special running on this month and he's hysterical. Very good standup.

by Anonymousreply 606/21/2010

I know we're supposed to hate him but I can't help but like him. He's speaking out for gay rights regularly on Stephanie Miller's show and railing against Prop 8 and homophobia in his stand-up. I know he made the 'kissing a dog' comment during QAF but I think his actions have shown he's not actually homophobic. Even if it's all self-serving, he is out there fighting the good fight.

by Anonymousreply 706/21/2010

No link but he said this to people who attended his standup shows. Many different people over the years.

by Anonymousreply 806/21/2010

R1, I don't believe Scott was gay, he always looked grossed out in his kissing scenes. I felt sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 906/21/2010

As much as I love Michael the character I believe that Hal is still clinging on to his Talk Soup/QAF fame days and loves to entertain his audience with anectodes from that era in his career.

by Anonymousreply 1006/21/2010

Hal Sparks is entertaining on Stephanie Edwards' radio program.

by Anonymousreply 1106/21/2010

OMG I clicked a link and landed in DL 2000.

by Anonymousreply 1206/21/2010

Hal should out himself before he outs anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 1306/21/2010

I only watched a couple of episodes and I'm not sure who the actors are apart from Gale Harold and Randy Harrison, but I saw the nerdy looking guy making out with some guy in NYC one time. No idea if he's out or not, but he definitely didn't appear to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2010

This guy r14?

by Anonymousreply 1506/21/2010

One of these guys, r14? Peter Paige, the taller guy on the left, is out. Scott Lowell played the nerdy character on the show and claims to be straight but is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 1606/21/2010

Yes, R16, the guy in the green shirt. My friend I was with loved the show and recognized him otherwise I probably wouldn't have known who he was.

by Anonymousreply 1706/21/2010

How the hell did Hal Sparks end up as a weekend commentator of CNN on everything from social trends to the economy to foreign relations?

by Anonymousreply 1806/21/2010

Much like Rush Limbaugh, spit when I hear Hal Sparks' name. I hate that smug little homophobic fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1906/21/2010

Odd that this comes up. I watched the pilot Saturday night with a 21 year old that is just coming out and had heard of it and wanted to watch it (I'm 40). I asked who he thought was straight/gay. He said there was no way Gale is straight. He did say Scott Lowell looked straight playing gay.

Clearly Hal is talking about Gale. I cannot see the two of them being friends off set. I have seen the whole series though and the interaction between Gale and Randy is either that of lovers or former lovers or a level of acting I am not sure Gale is capable of.

That only leaves Scott or maybe Chris Potter.

by Anonymousreply 2006/21/2010

So Thea Gill and the other woman who played her lover are both out lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 2106/21/2010

Thea Gill has stated that she's bi. She's married, but said she was attracted to a woman in the past. Michelle Clunie is straight and has a boyfriend whom she's been seeing for quite some time now.

by Anonymousreply 2206/21/2010

Gale and Randy became lovers off screen around the middle of the first season of QAF. I used to work as a crew member and I found out from another cast member about them. Eventually the rest of the cast and crew found out. They had an on/again off/again type relationship that lasted until the third season, despite the fact that Randy had a steady boyfriend at that time.

by Anonymousreply 2306/21/2010

Can you give any more details please? Did you ever see them canoodling on set?!

by Anonymousreply 2406/21/2010

There were lesbians on QAF? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 2506/21/2010

Maybe Hal means Sharon Gless. She's been married to the same man for years (the producer of Cagney & Lacey), but she sure comes across like an old dyke...

by Anonymousreply 2606/21/2010

I can believe that R23. In seasons 1 & 2 they were scorching hot. But you can see a definite change in the way they relate on screen by season 3. Randy in particular seems to really be over it. I don't know...just sort of condescending and annoyed attitude comes across.

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2010

Everyone says that about their S3 chemistry, but I thought they still had some great moments..

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2010

No, unfortunately I never saw them kissing or anything outside of filming, but when we filmed those sex scenes, you could just tell they were lovers. Their sexual chemistry was just unreal and their body language just about said it all. Body language is more telling than you realize.

Also, the other cast member who initially told me about them told me they'd asked if he'd be interested in joining them once. If you know what I mean....

by Anonymousreply 2906/22/2010

I really hope that cast member didn't turn down such an offer!! I would've been ready and waiting for them! That intense sexual chemistry you talked about def. comes through on screen which is why I've always thought there was something between them despite Gale's sexuality (whatever it is!) BTW (last question, I promise!) Is it true that they shared an apartment in Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 3006/22/2010

No problem, feel free to ask me anything. I'll do my best to answer. No, they never shared a place here. At least to my knowledge anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3106/22/2010

That's interesting, 'cos I vaguely remember reading an interview with Bobby Gant and he said something about the cast partying at Gale and Randy's place...hmmm. So, what were our fave boys like to work with? And what did the rest of the cast/crew make of their off-screen affair? I really hope you managed to steal one of their 'cock socks' before filming finished!

by Anonymousreply 3206/22/2010

That is why they cut out this scene, right? Because they have too much chemistry in here ;) Although I think Randy is top.

by Anonymousreply 3306/22/2010

r31: It's say that Gale are with Yara Martinez and Randy with a 25 years old boy. Do you know what kind of relationship have now Gale & Randy?

by Anonymousreply 3406/22/2010

Did either of them get hard while filming the sex scenes?

by Anonymousreply 3506/22/2010

Tha's possibly the reason why Hal claimed Gale was unprofessional and I don't have a link.

by Anonymousreply 3606/22/2010

I wonder, if Gale is supposed to be such a rubbish actor how come in his scenes with Hal Sparks nobody has perceived any covert hostility. Had Hal not said anything no one would really know how they got on.

by Anonymousreply 3706/22/2010

r34, as far as I know they've remained friends, although it must be hard for them to see each other too often, since they live on opposite coasts. But I've heard from a friend who lives in NYC that Gale loves it there and visits whenever possible. So I'd imagine he and Randy see each other. And I know Randy visits LA, especially now that his friend Marci has moved there.

by Anonymousreply 3806/22/2010

R38, so we are on a mission, us DLers, to get them back together. Is that it?

by Anonymousreply 3906/22/2010

They were great to work with, r32. Believe it or not, Gale was a bit shy. Surprising I know, considering some of the scenes he filmed, but there was this shyness about him when he wasn't filming. Especially during the first season.

Besides being together off screen, he and Randy became good friends. They'd joke around together between takes and there was this sense of them being very comfortable around each other. I know a writer of the show has said some nasty things about Randy, but when I worked with him, he was always focused and professional and friendly with the crew.

by Anonymousreply 4006/22/2010

I thought the fan-fraus and stalker-cunts had left DL. Have they been lurking till now?

by Anonymousreply 4106/22/2010

Probably the writer didn't like Randy because he was so vocal about not liking the story arc for Justin.

by Anonymousreply 4206/22/2010

R41

What gave you that idea?

by Anonymousreply 4306/22/2010

[quote] "I thought the fan-fraus and stalker-cunts had left DL. Have they been lurking till now?"

LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 4406/22/2010

Still here.

Not queer.

Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 4506/22/2010

I've been on this board a long time, and it's the same old blah, blah since 2002. Hal Sparks made comments about the cast members sexuality in an Advocate article years ago, and it has become some kind of urban legend that he constantly talks about it.

Someone always comes to the thread claiming they worked on the show and that there was a relationship between Gale and Randy in S2 that ended in S3.

The only thing that has changed is that now that Gale has a long term relationship with a woman, people claim he is bi more often where they always claimed he was gay before.

by Anonymousreply 4606/22/2010

What exactly did Hal say in the advocate article R46?

by Anonymousreply 4706/22/2010

r46 I don't think its urban legend. A friend who went to one of Sparks' shows was surprised after asking (what she thought was) an innocent question about the cast keeping in touch. Hal Sparks proceeded to go on a small rant about how he'd never be in touch with either Gale Harold or Randy Harrison again.

She was taken aback, to say the least. When she went for drinks with others who were there they told her about Sparks' comments about Gale's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 4806/22/2010

R46 - this is what I keep hearing...what exactly did Hal say about Gale's sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 4906/22/2010

I saw Hal Sparks do a live standup show a couple years ago and was really impressed. His comedy, at least, was funny without relying on snide or derogatory comments about public figures/celebs/costars. He seemed to be very much into animal rights and environmentalism without being at all in your face about it like so many celebs that promote PETA or otherwise publicly condemn meat eaters, etc. After the show he hung around and chatted with fans for ages and was very personable.

If only the guy would get a damn haircut (the greasy vampire look has not been working for him).

by Anonymousreply 5006/23/2010

His hair is short again on his current Showtime special, r50. He actually looks damn good - beefier than during his QAF years. If he were gay I'd be first in line to fuck his hot little ass.

by Anonymousreply 5106/23/2010

R40, can you give us a sense of what it was like to work on QAF? What was a typical day for you on set? If you don't feel like talking about it in a public forum you can e-mail me (merlinkitten@hotmail.com). I'm not a crazy stalker/fan, just very curious!

by Anonymousreply 5206/23/2010

r49, in reference to Gale's sexuality, I think Hal said something along the lines of: "I don't think Gale knew what he was."

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2010

Thanks for that! I don't know who/what I am either, and I think that's a good thing!

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2010

"I'm not a crazy stalker/fan, just very curious!"

LMAO! Most crazy stalker fans don't think THEY are. They always think it's someone else.

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2010

R40: was Randy really okay to work with? I've read heaps of stuff about how he was a bit of a bitch toward the writers etc. and I wanted to know your opinion?

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2010

r40: Could you tell us how their relationship was in the third season? Someone told me that Cowlip warn them and Randy shouted at Gale: I just want you to be happy! Somehow I can't believe this.

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2010

LMAO why were C/L warning them?

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2010

r58: I'm r57: It seems their attitude after the "break up" was affecting the work. But I really don't know if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2010

r56, I'd heard rumors around the set that Randy wasn't happy with the direction of his character in Season 4. He hated the whole pink posse storyline and he let the writers know it. So there may indeed have been some friction between him and the writers. If you notice in late Season 4 he had very few scenes in some of the episodes. I guess the writers might've done that on purpose. Not sure about that.

I personally enjoyed working with him and like I said, even if he was not happy with the writers, he was always friendly with the crew.

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2010

R46 here. Hal didn't say Gale doesn't know what he is in the Advocate article I referenced. I tried to Google it and link it here, but for some reason, only the second Advocate interview where he has to explain some comments he made in the first interview is online.

From what I remember, Hal was asked who in the cast was gay or straight. He did say that some in the cast were not out, but did not name anyone specifically.

Common sense dictates that if he had made that remark about Gale in the Advocate, it would have made a hell of a lot more of a splash on alll the Gale-centric boards out there.

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2010

Thanks for that R46. So did Hal ever say that Gale didn't know what he is?

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2010

The comment that Hal made about Gale's sexuality didn't come from a magazine. Hal told someone this in person.

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2010

C'mon R56 - give us a 'day in the life' on the QAF set!! If you're lucky I might give you the dish on my life as a nanny to a D list celeb!

by Anonymousreply 6406/24/2010

Hal Sparks can talk as much as he wants. We just don't have to listen if we don't want to listen.

by Anonymousreply 6506/24/2010

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 6606/24/2010

Hal Sparks is one of the biggest closet cases in Hollywood. You can't blackmail people into fucking you Hal.

by Anonymousreply 6706/24/2010

You know, Hal's act would be hilarious if he were an out gay who pretends to be in the closet for publicity's sake and making a mockery out of how closeted actors handle their straight hetero image in public.

by Anonymousreply 6806/24/2010

In response to the opening thread, I do remember reading that Hal said 2 of the actors are still closeted but i can't remember where - sorry!

by Anonymousreply 6906/24/2010

I disagree with the posters here on the thread calling Sparks homophobic.

I wasn't too pleased either about his "kissing a dog" comment at the time, either. However, more recently, I've heard him on the Stephanie Miller Show and would say he's one of the least homophobic public figures I know of.

He's a good guy who's not only on our side, but rails very vociferously against real homophobes (more so than most gay people I know). I didn't care for him much during the QAF run, but really like him now.

by Anonymousreply 7006/24/2010

Maybe so R70, but there's something about the man that rubs me the wrong way! maybe I'm confusing him with his detestable character..

by Anonymousreply 7106/24/2010

Hal is constantly "on" (class clown, cracking jokes all the time, playing it up for the camera, etc.) and that can turn people off.

by Anonymousreply 7206/24/2010

So, Hal never actually 'outed' his QAF castmates? He just said two were still closeted, but didn't name them?

by Anonymousreply 7306/25/2010

Sparks never went on record in print naming closeted castmates, he's not so stupid as to make an actionable remark.

Over the years, in print, he has made homophobic remarks whilst trying to be "funny" and thinly veiled jibes at Gale Harold's and Randy Harrison's professionalism.

He did, on more than one occasion, tell people that Gale Harold was either "confused about his sexuality" or "lying about his sexuality".

by Anonymousreply 7406/25/2010

Didn't he also imply that Gale and Randy had some kind of off-screen affair? Or is that what he meant when he said they were both unprofessional? Way to go, Hal!

by Anonymousreply 7506/25/2010

No, that's just your fantasy R75.

by Anonymousreply 7606/25/2010

Yep! It is!

by Anonymousreply 7706/25/2010

If you go back to the start, R75, you'll find a post that says Hal did indeed imply that G/R had an affair to someone....know idea where that cam from,tho

by Anonymousreply 7806/25/2010

"a 21 year old that is just coming out and had heard of it and wanted to watch it...I asked who he thought was straight/gay. He said there was no way Gale is straight"

Well, who would know better than some kid who's just coming out.

Clean yourself up, grandpa. Just because you think he's cute doesn't mean the rest of us are interested in his slobber.

by Anonymousreply 7906/25/2010

I posted that about the 21 year old and don't even know what the rest of your post means other than that you are a douchebag, R79.

by Anonymousreply 8006/25/2010

I personally think Gale is mostly straight with bi attractions that he may or may not act on. And then I think, why do I give a shit?

by Anonymousreply 8106/25/2010

R81, you mean bi-attractions towards Randy right? I don't know why gays on DL never liked Randy Harrison. If you ask me, he was the only irresistible twink worth lusting after in that series.

by Anonymousreply 8206/25/2010

I liked him, still do. Never was a shipper tho.

by Anonymousreply 8306/25/2010

No, not bi attractions to Randy. I don't know what Gale's type is looks-wise, but I'd be willing to put money down that it's not Randy. I will never believe those two had an affair until one of them says so.

by Anonymousreply 8406/25/2010

R84, their chemistry was just too good.

by Anonymousreply 8506/25/2010

Randy looks a little retarded.

by Anonymousreply 8606/25/2010

R86, what? Nah!

by Anonymousreply 8706/25/2010

One of the secret gays was the old guy who played Michael's Mom's cop boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 8806/25/2010

I never got why people were making such a huge deal about the kissing a dog remark, saying he was homophobic. If I remember correctly, the context was that they asked him what it was like kissing a man and he said it was like kissing his dog. Meaning it held no sexual attraction for him, not that it was *gross*.

by Anonymousreply 8906/25/2010

R89 why are straight me supposed to say that kissing a man is great. Don't you all keep making fun of vag?

by Anonymousreply 9006/25/2010

Agree R89. He was saying it's like kissing your dog because you love your dog, just not in "that way". Somehow uber-sensitive ppl thought he was saying it was gross. He wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 9106/25/2010

I'm the opening poster and I didn't mean to fan any flames. Like I said, I was simply curious as to Hal's (purported) remarks....

by Anonymousreply 9206/25/2010

R88 - you mean Carl Horvath?! LMAO! Where'd you hear that?

by Anonymousreply 9306/25/2010

In answer to the OP's question; a simple yes!

by Anonymousreply 9406/25/2010

Unless he actually outed anyone i don't see he's done anything wrong..

by Anonymousreply 9506/26/2010

Let me get this straight (so to speak). It's PERFECTLY all right for gay people to out hypocritical gay politicans, religious leaders and enteretainers "for their own good", but when straight people do it there's an issue?

And yes, it is hypocritical to appear on a long-running show aimed at gay audiences and then pretend there's something wrong with beingg gay.

Interesting. Everyone laughs when Kathy Griffin does it. Wonder why it's so bad when Hal does?

by Anonymousreply 9606/26/2010

As awkward as he seems, I think hal is pretty smart I saw him on the view the other day and he seemed pretty knowledgable.

by Anonymousreply 9706/26/2010

I'd like to know what Hal actually said! (in print or otherwise). I'm all confusion!

by Anonymousreply 9806/28/2010

R98 - Me too!

by Anonymousreply 9906/28/2010

For those to think Randy Harrison couldn't be Gale's type, by the looks of this photo he's anyone's type really....

by Anonymousreply 10006/28/2010

More Randy.....delicious!!%0D I swear, I'm sure he so gave it to Gale.....

by Anonymousreply 10106/28/2010

More like Gale gave it to him. ;-) LOL Randy is a bottom from what I've heard. Thanks for the pics. Delicious is right. His new boyfriend is one lucky guy. Sorry for going off topic a bit.

by Anonymousreply 10206/28/2010

102:%0D Are you saying that the new "boyfriend" is Top? Very funny...

by Anonymousreply 10306/28/2010

Unhappily, this thread quickly disintegrated in speculative gossip and fangurl bullshit rather than honing in the idiocy of Hal Sparks as a political and social commentator.

by Anonymousreply 10406/28/2010

Randy needs to shave. He doesn't wear the scrubby look very well.

by Anonymousreply 10506/28/2010

Yeah, R104 like DLers only discuss economic and political pressing issues, right?%0D If you don't like a thread, quite simple, don't click on it.

by Anonymousreply 10606/28/2010

Hal @r106.

by Anonymousreply 10706/28/2010

No, I wasn't saying that, r103. I don't know for SURE if Randy ONLY bottoms. Maybe he's versatile and he is the top with the new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 10806/28/2010

Maybe we want to click on a thread to tell the straight jerks what we think of them (and what, by the way, the show writers and creators thought of you).

You're still obsessed, years later. You sound insane.

by Anonymousreply 10906/28/2010

What I love is how people get bent out of shape over his outing someone, then immediately start speculating about who it is. Hypocritical, much?

No one has a right to live a lie/double life. "outing" is just telling the truth. Sorry but no one has a right to expect everyone else to lie on their behalf.

by Anonymousreply 11006/28/2010

You're an idiot, R109.

by Anonymousreply 11106/28/2010

I agree Randy does not wear the scruffy look nearly as well as Gale.

by Anonymousreply 11206/28/2010

R101 - Why are u so sure Randy gave it to Gale? (or vice versa)

by Anonymousreply 11306/28/2010

You really want to know, eh R113?

by Anonymousreply 11406/29/2010

R109, as if the gays are not obsessed with straight guys who wouldn't give them the time of day, aren't you projecting R109??

by Anonymousreply 11506/29/2010

I really wanna know! lol

by Anonymousreply 11606/29/2010

[You sound insane]%0D %0D %0D R109--pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

by Anonymousreply 11706/29/2010

I really wanna know too, r116. lol

by Anonymousreply 11806/29/2010

All G/R fans are insane to a certain extent!

by Anonymousreply 11906/29/2010

More links to pictures of Randy,please!

by Anonymousreply 12006/30/2010

Here's a link to the new interview with Randy where that pic above came from. There are a few more smaller pics of him along with the interview.

by Anonymousreply 12106/30/2010

Looks like the house he's staying in in kind of a dump.

by Anonymousreply 12206/30/2010

you're being generous!

by Anonymousreply 12307/01/2010

Can I take him home with me and play with him?

by Anonymousreply 12407/03/2010

As long as you play nice and are willing to share your boy toy with others, r124. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 12507/03/2010

yeah, i've heard this too...don't know when/where...hal sparks is alright

by Anonymousreply 12607/07/2010

ENDGAME%0D Performance reviewed: 8 p.m. Saturday%0D %0D "Harrison starred as Lucky in BTF%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s previous Unicorn Theatre production of %C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9CGodot%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D and nearly stole the show.%0D His character doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t offer him that opportunity here, but he is again strong, exhibiting a clear understanding of Beckett%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s rhythms and inflections. And, as with Lucky, the heart of his portrayal is a longish story that goes nowhere in many different directions at once."%0D

by Anonymousreply 12707/11/2010

OMG! My dream has come true! Gale is gay! YAY^

by Anonymousreply 12807/11/2010

Scott Lowell and Gale Harold are married. Can you believe that? I would've never guessed.

by Anonymousreply 12907/11/2010

r129 do you mean Scott Lowell and Gale Harold are married to each other or women?

by Anonymousreply 13007/11/2010

Robert Gant showed up as a straight guy on that new Betty White sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 13107/12/2010

Gale Harold married? That's news to me... where did you come across that information? Long term relationship maybe, but married?

by Anonymousreply 13207/12/2010

Gale isn't married, r132. As always, people don't know what they're talking about. He IS in a relationship with Yara Martinez however. But they're not married. %0D %0D On another note, I saw Randy in Endgame the other night. He was excellent as always, but I fell asleep during the parts he wasn't in. Very boring play IMO.

by Anonymousreply 13307/16/2010

LOL Getting back to the Hal thing, methinks he can say whatever he wants now the show's over...

by Anonymousreply 13407/22/2010

i haven't read the thread but i would say, definitely yes.

by Anonymousreply 13507/22/2010

OK, after not watching QAF since i think 2001, Randy seems to be that blonde twink. He is hideous. He has small piggish eyes, a fat bulbous nose and a chin that would put Jay Leno to shame. He is not hot, never has been. Blech!

by Anonymousreply 13607/22/2010

R133 is why Randy Harrison despises his fans.

by Anonymousreply 13708/12/2010

r133 is a typical stalkerish fan"girl" example of why Gale Harold is ultra paranoid about his privacy

by Anonymousreply 13808/13/2010

I came across the oddest thing the other day. Democratic Congress woman Carolyn Maloney friended Hal Sparks on her Face Book page

by Anonymousreply 13908/13/2010

Didn't he just recently saved someone from dying? Thought, I read it somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 14008/13/2010

Yeah, then he publicised it.

Whilst it is commendable to offer CPR, I still think he is an egotistical douche with little to back up his arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 14108/13/2010

r133 here. Just because I know that Gale is dating Yara Martinez makes me a stalkerish fangirl? Um, I don't think so. Try lots of people know this. %0D %0D And as far as Randy goes, I was just giving my opinion on the play. As far as I know, it's a free country and I can state my thoughts on something. I'm a huge fan of his, but I just didn't happen to like Endgame. Nothing wrong with that. And if Randy doesn't like negative feedback on his work, he should choose another profession.

by Anonymousreply 14208/19/2010

Bitter much r133? Is your anger due to the comments Randy Harrison has made about his overweight middle-aged fans?

by Anonymousreply 14308/20/2010

I thought Hal Sparks had quit the entertainment business to be a rock star.

by Anonymousreply 14408/20/2010

I think his efforts at being a rock star are proof that the entertainment business has quit him.

by Anonymousreply 14508/20/2010

Nope, no bitterness here, r143. Again, I was just giving my opinion on Endgame. Is it so hard to believe that someone didn't like a play he's done? Really? I could care less about that statement he made, I'm still a huge fan of his and will continue to see his work.

by Anonymousreply 14608/20/2010

How do you know he's dating Yara Martinez R133? They've always claimed they're friends.

by Anonymousreply 14708/20/2010

r147, When I went to see Orpheus Decending, I spoke briefly with Yara before the play began. She was nice and she's very pretty in person. She mentioned that she was there to see her "boyfriend Gale," during our short conversation.

by Anonymousreply 14808/20/2010

During a chat with someone else following the first night of the play, she told them that he wasn't her boyfriend, he was just a friend.

by Anonymousreply 14908/21/2010

She probably says "friends only " when she's dealing with one of Gale's nut cases. Wasn't his last girlfriend stalked by some of them?

by Anonymousreply 15008/21/2010

Ain't no way Gale's totally straight. He's got to be, at the very least, bisexual. He is way too comfortable with the gay sex to be straight. I don't think any of them are straight, including Hal.

The only one who might be straight is that Chris Potter dude. I say that because it appears he was secure enough in his sexuality to take the part knowing there would be fairly graphic man on man sex scenes, but found out he couldn't handle it.

by Anonymousreply 15108/21/2010

I think you're right, r150. Since I'm a gay man, she probably didn't feel the need to lie and use the "friends only" line.

by Anonymousreply 15208/21/2010

Don't know anything about his nut cases and he's hardly some A list celeb is he, so why lie about whether she's his girlfriend or just a friend unless he's covering something else? The person in question at his play was some sweet little Asian girl who remarked how nice of her to bring her boyfriend flowers when she came to see him in his play. She said he wasn't her boyfriend, they were just friends.

by Anonymousreply 15308/22/2010

Are people really still arguing about whether Gale and Yara are together? There are pictures and fan sightings of them for a few years now. she must be an awfully good "buddy" to follow him around everywhere.

Anyway,getting back to Hal, there was a comedy special of his stand up act on HBO or Showtime recently and I barely recognized him. Has he had work done on his face?

by Anonymousreply 15408/22/2010

r152 here. I don't understand it either, r153. I was just stating what she said during our short conversation before the show. I have no clue what she told anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 15508/22/2010

Wait. Who is the "sweet little Asian girl"?

by Anonymousreply 15608/22/2010

153, where did you hear that story about the aforementioned 'sweet little asian girl'?%0D %0D And just how many people did Yara talk to doing OD?! Everyone claims to have had a chat with her! lol

by Anonymousreply 15708/23/2010

r157 I wonder too (LOL)!

by Anonymousreply 15808/23/2010

I think R153 invented her.

by Anonymousreply 15908/23/2010

" Everyone claims to have had a chat with her"

I'm sure she was grateful for the attention. If it wasn't for Gale nobody would know who the fuck she is.

by Anonymousreply 16008/23/2010

R157: she was a fan on IMDB

by Anonymousreply 16108/25/2010

The closet cases Hal was talking about are Gale Harold and Scott Lowell.

by Anonymousreply 16208/25/2010

Actually, Gale is bi. I have a friend that knew the guy Gale lived with in San Francisco. He used to tell my friend that Gale would bring home men sometimes. Sometimes they would go out together and bring men home too. Gale has gone out with Kim Bingham and now he's dating Yara. So he definitely goes both ways. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 16308/25/2010

Yes, OP.

by Anonymousreply 16409/06/2010

Personally, I think Hal is just bitter because he thought he was going to be the star of the show...he has said stuff about Gale and Randy to various fans over the years...I'm not one of them tho, so I can't tell you exactly what he has said:)

by Anonymousreply 16512/29/2010

Gale and...Randy; Randy and Gale....%0D Where are they now??%0D For all those who said they were together, if that had been the case someone would have seen them by now. But nada... It was obviously a farce to keep the series going.

by Anonymousreply 16612/30/2010

Who knows? As for Hal, yes OP - he should keep his mouth shut!!

by Anonymousreply 16712/30/2010

Back to this are we? No one really knows what did or didn't happen between RH and GH during qaf except for GH and RH. And as for Hal - he's been slagging GH and RH off for years now, so that stuff he said about the cast members' sexuality doesn't surprise me one bit

by Anonymousreply 16812/30/2010

bump

by Anonymousreply 16912/31/2010

I've actually met Hal and found him to be a decent guy. A friend of mine met Gale and said he was really rude to her and the other fans who had waited ages to meet him...

by Anonymousreply 17001/10/2011

When he is not badmouthing Gale to his fans I do think Hal is a decent guy. But he needs to let go of his Gale grudge. With all the gossiping he does about him he looks like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 17101/10/2011

r170 I've met Gale Harold and he was utterly charming but it wasn't a "fan" situation. He did have a rep for being moody sometimes or rude as interpreted by fans but as far as I know that was mostly years ago.

I suspect Hal's geniality with fans has less to do with sincerity and more to do with that desperation to create a good impression he seems to have. He really needs to let the Gale grudge go, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 17201/10/2011

Where'd you meet him and what did you talk about R172? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 17301/10/2011

At a film festival event. We chatted briefly about film.

I mentioned I had seen an indie he was in and really enjoyed it and hadn't connected it with him and his most famous role (Brian Kinney obv) he seemed amused and pleased about that.

by Anonymousreply 17401/10/2011

Cool, thanks R174

by Anonymousreply 17501/10/2011

Gale has some psycho fans - it doesn't surprise me if he's rude to some of them!%0D %0D What I want to know is this - what exactly has Hal said about Gale?

by Anonymousreply 17601/10/2011

Oh please. I'm no fan of Hal's but I'd give anyone 100 dollars who could prove that Hal has even thought about Gale in the last 4 years, let alone spoken about him. %0D %0D Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 17701/10/2011

Indeed!

by Anonymousreply 17801/10/2011

'Gale has some psycho fans'.....you don't say?!

by Anonymousreply 17901/12/2011

Wow... I like QAF as well as anyone, but seriously -- why does any of this matter when the show has been 'done' for 6+ years?

As for the fans complaining that this actor or that actor was mean to them... have you *seen* some of these so-called fans? They make Charlie Manson look relatively normal!

by Anonymousreply 18002/27/2011

r180: Hi, Hal!

by Anonymousreply 18102/27/2011

Sorry, not Hal...

by Anonymousreply 18202/28/2011

Uh Gale, you're 41 years old. Time to come out

by Anonymousreply 18302/28/2011

[R183] LOL!

by Anonymousreply 18402/28/2011

r183, come out as what? Why would a -- at the very most -- bisexual w/ a decidedly strong preference for women, whose long-term relationships have all been with women, feel the need to come out?

by Anonymousreply 18502/28/2011

So are these 'long-term' relationships with women confirmed? Seems to me that there's a lot of ambiguous-ness about that.....

by Anonymousreply 18602/28/2011

R186, I'm pretty sure her was seeing Kim Bingham when the show was still going (back in Toronto). He's rumored to be dating Yara Martinez, but not sure... some people say yes, others say they're just friends.

by Anonymousreply 18703/07/2011

*he* was seeing

by Anonymousreply 18803/07/2011

New soap thread alert! New soap thread alert!

The soap cunts are trying to sneak in more and more SOAP THREADS despite knowing they are not allowed.

The "Ron Moss" thread, the "Tony Geary on Oprah" thread, the " TREVOR ST. John heading to California for pilot season" thread, anything with "Van Hansis" in it . They are all SOAP THREADS!!!

Punch and delete those cunts already.

by Anonymousreply 18903/07/2011

Yeah, that wasn't a "fan situation" at all, R172. You're way cooler than his insane stalker-fans.

by Anonymousreply 19003/07/2011

And while we're banning soap cunts, how about the QAF cunts? They don't belong here any more than the soap straights.

by Anonymousreply 19103/07/2011

So sorry, R191 - didn't realize that we were offending your oh-so-superior sensibilities.

Our time could be SO much better-spent discussing thr train wreck that calls itself Charlie Sheen, or who Brit-Brit's boyfriend of the day is.

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 19203/08/2011

I wish everyone would stop badmouthing Hal Sparks. He has been very supportive of our community. When you RESEARCH what he actually said, the "bad" stuff has always been taken out of context and twisted.

by Anonymousreply 19303/25/2011

I happened to catch Hal on the new Dr. Drew TV talk show on HLN a few days ago. The topic was relationships and when Dr. Drew asked Hal, and the other two on the panel, where they thought was the best place to meet someone special was Hal replied "work" and he kind of went on about knowing that worked out for people sometimes because they had their career in common etc.

My mind went to hmmm did he mean Gale and Randy lol... but he never said anything about them. BTW, he was wearing a leather jacket, the "greasy vampire" lol hairstyle someone on here had mentioned and, the earring on his left ear was HUGE like he wanted to make sure the whole world saw it!

by Anonymousreply 19404/15/2011

I miss QAF. I wish it was still on tv with new episodes...

by Anonymousreply 19504/15/2011

Re: that Hal meant that the two cast members who weren't out are Gale and Scott. Well, I do remember reading it in several places -- maybe even on Scott's blog or on Sharon Gless's? that after Gale's accident, Scott visited Gale every day in the hospital. Don't take this to mean I'm saying they were a couple LOL, but I just always wondered about this. I mean it was sweet of Scott regardless, but I thought every day visits are really only for spouses, boy/girl friends? But they were probably just very close friends.

I very much do believe that Gale and Randy had at least a fling or probably an on again off again thing. In so many off screen photos, Gale is always touching Randy or hovering over him etc. in the QAF days -- it's adorable but also VERY telling chemistry-wise!

Gale has made statements in the press that kissing a man is "animalistic" and "instinctual" and obviously that's something a really straight guy would never feel or say! LOL. I love Gale and Randy and wish them the best! And, on topic, yes Hal should keep his mouth shut because he comes across as the one who is unprofessional!

by Anonymousreply 19604/15/2011

Oh.%0D Please.%0D I bet Gale is a Bi.%0D Seeing that expression on his face tells everything.%0D Have a crush on men and women?%0D Fantastic.%0D So you won't feel jealous of any human being.

by Anonymousreply 19706/12/2011

I'm only on page 5 but I have to comment.

Is Hal actually claiming he's straight, lol??? Reading about him and his feud with Gale/Randy it sounds a little like it's following the series plot - Him being in love/lust with Gale and the latter not wanting to fuck him?

Anyway, has Gale actually ever said he was straight or is he claiming he's BI?

by Anonymousreply 19806/12/2011

R197 - what did you mean by 'seeing the expression on his face'?%0D

by Anonymousreply 19906/15/2011

LMAO!!

by Anonymousreply 20006/17/2011

Hal is now a daddy!! Congrats on the birth of his son:)

by Anonymousreply 20106/22/2011

Really? So guess Hal isn't gay after all. %0D %0D Gale has said he is straight.%0D %0D Michael Musto dispelled the Gale/Randy rumors.%0D

by Anonymousreply 20206/22/2011

A woman actually consented to having sex with Hal Sparks and then actually kept his baby when she got pregnant???

by Anonymousreply 20306/22/2011

that's a bit harsh

by Anonymousreply 20406/22/2011

Harsh but hilarious! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 20506/22/2011

I read a post by an old childhood friend of Gale Sweetness, and she said that Gale was always straight when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 20606/23/2011

Posts by people claiming to be old childhood friends of someone famous can always be believed!!

by Anonymousreply 20706/23/2011

I think Hal should keep his mouth wide open if he has deets about who dated who on qaf, I want to know if Gale fucked Randy and I'd like to know if any side-sluts that were involved in those rumoured group-fucking parties.

by Anonymousreply 20806/24/2011

R201 Link?

by Anonymousreply 20906/24/2011

I wouldn't have known he even opened it if this thread didn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 21006/24/2011

Did someone here they were a crew member of qaf. I can't believe it. I think poster better show us some proof that they are in fact a crew member.

by Anonymousreply 21106/24/2011

I mean why would a former crew member want to hang out here on data lounge?

by Anonymousreply 21206/24/2011

[quote] Hal Sparks is entertaining on Stephanie Edwards' radio program.%0D %0D No, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 21306/24/2011

Ok I just troll-dared the thread and r31, is not (r38+r40); EXPOSED.

by Anonymousreply 21406/24/2011

Unless someone here manages to find a photo of Gale Harold and Randy Harrison buttnaked in bed, outside of shooting, there is no proof that Gale is gay or that Gale and Randy ever dated. Chemistry is dependent on many things like camera angle, and lighting.

If you haven't noticed the sex scene (the quality deteriorated over the course of the show), not because Gale and Randy "broke up outside of filming", but was largely due to the angle from which those sex scenes were taken.

by Anonymousreply 21506/24/2011

I don't understand why some people would try, on purpose, to smear Gale as being gay when he states that he is not.

by Anonymousreply 21606/24/2011

R212, are you being sarcastic or do you actually hold crew members in high regard?

R216, why do you consider it a "smear?"

by Anonymousreply 21706/24/2011

Yes because crew members they are usually can get to inside story considering that they actually work with the casts.

by Anonymousreply 21806/24/2011

Every gay adult should be outed. We need to stand with each other. These old closet shits...anyone past 40, should be ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 21906/24/2011

How would you like it if someone said something false about you? It'd be alright if he said that he was actually gay, but to say that he is gay when he says he isn't, it wouldn't be considered offensive. If you were "speculating" whether he was gay or not would be a total different thing from saying definitively that he is gay, like many of the above posts have been doing.

by Anonymousreply 22006/24/2011

Hal Sparks just wants attention. Has anyone noticed that? During the behind the scenes, or even when there is a camera in the room, he is always there, he hogs the spotlight, and he just soaks up attention.

How can y'all be so sure that he is telling the truth, that two cast members are still in the closet. How can y'all be sure that is not just another gimmick?

Considering Hal's personality, and his history of attention-seeking behaviour I would have to say that I believe that this is just another gimmick. Another attempt at getting the attention that he got while on qaf.

by Anonymousreply 22106/24/2011

I'm pretty sure many actors are still in the closet, will everyone wake up? "Every gay adult should be outed"

This era is a step up from the last. But the 21st century is not exactly "queer-friendly". It's still safer to stay in the closet than to out oneself.

by Anonymousreply 22206/24/2011

Anytime a thread like this starts, the Hollywood closet cases come out in full force. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 22306/24/2011

I believe that hollywood closets should stay closeted if they choose to and that Gale Harold is straight because he says so.

by Anonymousreply 22406/24/2011

Btw Gale with Yara is just gossip, again there is no solid evidence.

by Anonymousreply 22506/24/2011

I guess we'll never truly know if Gale is bi/gay, he's so guarded about his private life, and most of his coworkers respect that, except, the person in question, Hal Sparks.

by Anonymousreply 22606/24/2011

Oh Hal Sparks, you overstayed your visit, get out of the spotlight and give your spot to someone else, moaning and wailing won't help.

by Anonymousreply 22706/24/2011

No one should take Hal seriously, he's just an entertainer after all, and his job is to entertain. Not to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 22806/24/2011

Especially a comedian, don't ever take the words of a comedian seriously.

by Anonymousreply 22906/24/2011

R225 Gale and Yara were seen holding hands so I think they were together.

by Anonymousreply 23006/24/2011

BTW Is this trolldar thing always accurate? I trolldar'd myself and some of my posts are highlight, others aren't..

by Anonymousreply 23106/24/2011

[R163]R U tellin the truth?%0D

by Anonymousreply 23206/24/2011

It's the Datalounge - nobody tells the truth!

by Anonymousreply 23306/25/2011

r231, I just troll-dared myself on this other thread and all my posts were highlighted.

by Anonymousreply 23406/25/2011

This just a fantasy: I sorta do with Gale was bi and that he and Randy had a relationship; but really there is no evidence.

by Anonymousreply 23506/25/2011

A girl on IMDB who has met both Gale and Yara posted this: "When I met them together they were holding hands and being very intimate..."%0D %0D Another poster asked if they were kissing and she replied 'not that intimate!'%0D %0D There have been so many reports from people who've seen them together saying they look like a couple, and apparently Yara had tears in her eys when she was cheering for him at OD.She also bought him flowers!

by Anonymousreply 23606/25/2011

because IMDb is Bible ! LOL LOL LOL !

by Anonymousreply 23706/26/2011

if you want to discuss Gale why not use the existing thread about him?

by Anonymousreply 23806/26/2011

Oh gawd, Yara? Searched her and she really doesn't come off as anything particularly interesting. How did they meet, When did they date, are they still together?

by Anonymousreply 23906/26/2011

Know what you mean, Yara is so.... bleh.

by Anonymousreply 24006/26/2011

She's an actress who also happens to be a genuinely nice person. r239, r240 I wouldn't worry you aren't likely to have a chance with Gale.

by Anonymousreply 24106/26/2011

r241, how do you know that she's a nice person, have you met her or did you just look at her and make a judgement.

by Anonymousreply 24206/26/2011

Ya, a person who looks like she's a nice person is miles away from a person who IS "genuinely" a nice person.

But she is very beautiful, just googled her.

by Anonymousreply 24306/26/2011

I wish I had a chance with Gale. Do you think Gale is interested in younger women, women who are years younger than him?

by Anonymousreply 24406/26/2011

Marry me Gale!

by Anonymousreply 24506/26/2011

I love you Gale, I want to marry you, and I want to have all your children xoxoxoxoxoxo

by Anonymousreply 24606/26/2011

r242 I have met her. She is a genuinely nice person. I'm not prone to googling people and deciding on their personality traits.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Hal SParks shutting up?

by Anonymousreply 24706/26/2011

Is it any wonder the webbie banned this shit oh-so-many-years ago?

by Anonymousreply 24806/26/2011

r248, your post didn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 24906/26/2011

I feel really sorry for Gale, all his fans are these really young, really naive, really crazed girls. Oh well, whatever moves the dvds off the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 25006/26/2011

There's a few that are young and crazed but if I were Gale I'd be more wary of the obese frau brigade, they outnumber and outweigh the younger ones by quite a margin.

by Anonymousreply 25106/26/2011

r251, lol, omfg, I can't stop laughing. :))))

by Anonymousreply 25206/26/2011

Ya, you should watch out for the fat ones, Gale. They are usually more pushy and shovy, and more bad-tempered and loud-mouthed, plus they usually get their way, and I don't need to explain why.

by Anonymousreply 25306/26/2011

I want someone's opinion on this. I just found a website that claimed that it has the pirated version of the movie rehab, I am afraid to download because it may contain viruses, but it seems authentic enough in that the description of the movie is the most-indepth of all the websites I've visited. Can someone try out this link, and tell me what they think?

by Anonymousreply 25406/26/2011

Sorry realize that the above link doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 25506/26/2011

Isn't Rehab the new movie Gale's going to release?

by Anonymousreply 25606/26/2011

Or has it already been released, can't recall that well.

by Anonymousreply 25706/26/2011

Why's Gale always starring in these underfunded indies, nobody knows about them half the time because the producers never have enough in their wallet for advertisement

by Anonymousreply 25806/26/2011

r251, I know who you are, you are the very first poster on the how low can gale harold's career go thread. I've read all your comments, they are all so witty, may I ask who are you, and what's your occupation, are you some sort of a literary critic? Are you ducbrandt?

by Anonymousreply 25906/26/2011

Ducbrandt is crazy, but he is not unkind and would not have made a comment about obese fraus. Why a comment like that, which is not only unwitty, but not particularly original, is funny to some is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 26006/26/2011

r251, if it were possible, I'd subscribe to your posts.

by Anonymousreply 26106/26/2011

I really wish you fangirls would debate whether Gale is with Yara because Gale kissed her cheek over at IMDB%0D %0D This thread was supposed to be about Hal

by Anonymousreply 26206/26/2011

R250 Yeah I feel sorry for Gale with all these young girl fans too. He said once in an interview that his female fans all hope he's straight.

And, on topic, YES, shut up Hal!

by Anonymousreply 26306/27/2011

r263, but he IS straight.

by Anonymousreply 26406/27/2011

r260, saying that the duc is crazy is an understatement, the man is a mad cow.

A 50-something year old with an unassailable logic, which drives like a metal spur into anyone who dares to breathe a word against Gale.

Composes at a minute's notice. And I read most of his responses. Would not be surprised from his energy, fervour and talent in writing, that at one time he attended some big-shot ivy league.

How can anyone mistaken the Duc's writing for the post above?

by Anonymousreply 26506/27/2011

r262, which cheek? The ones that are above the waistline, or the ones below?

by Anonymousreply 26606/27/2011

r136, LOL, now you've permanently, and irrevocably disfigured Randy in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 26706/27/2011

[quote]OK, after not watching QAF since i think 2001, Randy seems to be that blonde twink. He is hideous. He has small piggish eyes, a fat bulbous nose and a chin that would put Jay Leno to shame. He is not hot, never has been. Blech!

Couldn't be more true

by Anonymousreply 26806/27/2011

No no no!!! Randy is cute -- in a Nordic kind of way is all.

by Anonymousreply 26906/29/2011

R269, I can't see it.

by Anonymousreply 27006/29/2011

r269, what about Gale, who I'm sure almost everyone finds attractive regardless of race.

by Anonymousreply 27106/29/2011

Yeah, Gale is super hot, but I don't get your point, R271.

by Anonymousreply 27206/29/2011

Randy Harrison only looked good during the first season of qaf. Gale looked good from season 1 to season 3.

I think so too Gale is handsome regardless of race.

by Anonymousreply 27306/29/2011

Ihave posted about this before but a friend was on the comedy circuit with Hal years agoand the guys said he would always come on to them in a creepy, closeted way. Hal is not straight

by Anonymousreply 27406/29/2011

Randy in season 3 with that hair=adorable!%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 27506/29/2011

Is Gale Howard a dick sucker?

by Anonymousreply 27606/30/2011

Gale Harold is not Gale Howard!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27706/30/2011

omg, get his name right.

by Anonymousreply 27806/30/2011

R274, that goes to show that Hal is a phony as I expected. All along.

What I'd really like to know is whether or not Gale is straight.

by Anonymousreply 27906/30/2011

@R274 Everybody wants to know this! :) I think he is bi. Has anyone heard something of Gale and his friend Stephen Kijak?

by Anonymousreply 28006/30/2011

No one really cares if Hal is bisexual or not, what we all care is whether Gale is bisexual or not.

by Anonymousreply 28106/30/2011

This topic whether gale is bi/whether he's been in a relationship with Randy/whether they had sex before have been discussed ad nauseum. I'm tired of this soft-core discussion, how 'bout some hardcore stalking, anyone with me?

by Anonymousreply 28206/30/2011

r282, one thing hasn't been discussed ad nauseum and that's if hal is a douchebag and that's because it's already been firmly established, and needs no discussion.

by Anonymousreply 28306/30/2011

Hal is a douche if I ever saw one. How did he get a roles in qaf?

by Anonymousreply 28406/30/2011

And yes, op, he should.

by Anonymousreply 28506/30/2011

What's this about Gale and Stephen Kijak?

by Anonymousreply 28606/30/2011

Stephen Kijak:he's quite cute!

by Anonymousreply 28707/01/2011

Sorry here:

by Anonymousreply 28807/01/2011

r288, so you think those two are together Gale and Stephan?

by Anonymousreply 28907/01/2011

Well, we all know that Hal Sparks is a big mouth. And, that has turned many people off!

by Anonymousreply 29007/01/2011

I wish we all knew, even a cocksure way, if Gale is bi or not

by Anonymousreply 29107/01/2011

As far as I know Gale and Stephen have been best friends since ages and Stephen is openly gay but that doesn't mean that they are together. It's only rumors...If anyone has more info :) Gale fans would be grateful.

I don't care about the big mouth of Hal Sparks. I wish him happy moments with his baby though.

Maybe I should open a new thread exclusively aboud Gale Harold.

@ the hardcore stalker: I don't know what you mean by this LOL since few people live near the Hollywood glitz. I'm OK with the softcore version of the things. I don't think fans will ever get the chance to see, read, hear something jucier.

by Anonymousreply 29207/01/2011

Oh please r292, open a new thread exclusively on gale. Btw, I have some pretty hard evidence that Gale is straight, well it's a substantial claim of course.

Btw, can we exchange emails, you are a subscribed member right?

by Anonymousreply 29307/01/2011

OK, r293 I'll bite. What's y our "hard" evidence? Is it something you experienced personally?

by Anonymousreply 29407/01/2011

Ok, the first piece of evidence, you might say is really insubstantial. While researching Gale's sexuality (because there's so many rumours out there about him being gay, and because I'm an obsessive-compulsive chipmunk, I stumbled upon a thread that was written several years back by the poster sweetness. She claims to be a childhood friend of Gale. And she has proven this by submitting a photo of him, a school photo of him, (which now has been taken off).

Now you might say, "what the heck anyone can pose as Gale's friend, the anonymity of internet allows this; and anyone can cough a photo of Gale, I mean there are tons on the internet of his high school photo".

That is a valid argument. But, I have searched the internet, combed through many archives and have not found that many photos of Gale when he was a teenager, and very few of him when he was just a child and not a teenager. So we can rule out the photo in support of sweetness' identity as a "childhood friend". BUT...

Now having said that, if you read carefully the Sweetness posts, she gives a physical description of Gale when he was a child. Very few pieces of information of Gale's physical appearance has surfaced on the web. Sweetness has stated that Gale was a "sandy blonde" when he was a child.

Which we can call a lie, because Gale, the present Gale is a brunette. But recently I went on this Chinese search engine which is supposedly better than google (baidu.com), and I stumbled across a childhood picture of Gale, and in it, he was, as sweetness said, a blonde.

I use that support the validity of sweetness. Now you may say "oh I need more evidence than that", which is why I said in my previous post that it was "pretty" hard evidence.

Now that we have established Sweetness is a reliable source, we can read on the thread. In the thread, he/she said that "Gale wasn't gay back then" 2. Gale liked older women 3. He dated a girl a few years older than him for a couple of years.

Thus, I come to the conclusion that Gale is straight.

After reading this (if you bore through this long post, sorry, I write too much, I know), you might still think my claim is insubstantial. Well it's better than most of the assertions made by the people who are in favour of the idea that Gale is straight. Their only evidence is the "GREAT CHEMISTRY" that Gale and Randy had in those sex scenes, well guess what?! I don't buy it. The "GREAT CHEMISTRY" was a result of a)great sexual choreography b)camera angle, distance, focus c)the background music d)lighting e) wishful thinking on a part of the audience. So ya.

Here are the link to the sweetness post, and I will attach a link to the Blonde Gale pic in the following post.

by Anonymousreply 29507/01/2011

Here's the Blonde Gale pic.

by Anonymousreply 29607/01/2011

The above two posts were directed at r294, this is why I think Gale is straight, the proof is more solid than the proof that the Slash fans have been able to cough up.

by Anonymousreply 29707/01/2011

This is a correction on the post r295, in the second last paragraph, I stated that my proof is better than those in favour of the idea that Gale is straight, it should be "that my proof is better than those in favour of the idea that Gale is bi/gay.

by Anonymousreply 29807/01/2011

r292, can we still exchange email?

by Anonymousreply 29907/01/2011

I work in advertising (celebrity endorsements) and I can't stand Hal Sparks either... he unfortunately performed here at the Chicago Theatre last were (the sexy liberal show or something like that) and they sold like 3000 tickets, so now he is even cockier it seems after talking to his manager this week (he now wants huge money for just a voice over)

by Anonymousreply 30007/01/2011

So Hal Sparks had a baby with a female friend?%0D %0D How Clay Aiken of him.

by Anonymousreply 30107/01/2011

I always switch off the Stephanie Miller program when he hosts. Can't stand his big, smug mouth.

by Anonymousreply 30207/01/2011

r296, omg, Gale was a blonde?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A natural blonde?!!!!!!!!!! Or did he dye his hair in that pic?

by Anonymousreply 30307/01/2011

I find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that Gale used to be a natural blonde. What happened to that gorgeous sheen of blonde hair? Is possible for a person's hair color to change so drastically?

by Anonymousreply 30407/01/2011

r296, wish you can post more pics of him blonde.

by Anonymousreply 30507/01/2011

Is Gale's hair really blonde in that pic? I mean it looks red to me.

by Anonymousreply 30607/01/2011

r306, I think you need to get your prescriptions checked, he's obviously, undeniably a blonde in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 30707/01/2011

Gale was hot as a kid...i.e...hot tot.

by Anonymousreply 30807/01/2011

r294, have I convinced you?

by Anonymousreply 30907/01/2011

Blonde or brunette Gale is losing that hair rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 31007/01/2011

r310, ahhh, no he isn't. You have to wait years for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 31107/01/2011

R295 Based on everything you said, your "claim that Gale is straight" hinges on Sweetness' reliability as an information source. But, in reality it simply cannot logically do what you're saying in terms of him being gay or straight so your "claim" remains unsubstantiated despite the fact that Sweetness does appear to be a reliable information source about Gale.

Her having access to the pic and knowing him and his family when they were kids certainly seems legit. But, just because she had the pic and was right that he had "sandy blonde" hair as a child does not, in any way shape, or form give her insight or factual knowledge of Gale's sexual orientation.

Yes, I do believe everything Sweetness said in her posts was the truth as far as she knew -- and I read her original posts at the time they were put on a forum on the Internet. But we have to use critical thinking skills always rather than jumping to conclusions and taking things out of context. Here's what I mean in this case:

What Sweetness said was that "Gale definitely wasn't gay back then" and that "his mama was a preacher" and that "all the girls had crushes on him but he was seeing this older girl for a long time -- like 4 years." So what you've done, and said you've done is based your claim that Gale is straight on that information.

What you fail to realize is to place the information in context. The time frame of Sweetness' and Gale's childhood was the late 70s and early 80s in Georgia. People did not typically come out as gay or even bi then for sure. You think if Gale did know he was gay or bi then that he would have come out to Sweetness or anyone else, especially when "his mama was a preacher."? Not bloody likely.

The apparent fact that Gale dated one girl for 4 years -- Sweetness wouldn't necessarily know if they were just good friends or actually boyfriend and girl friend. For all we know, Gale could have been with this older girl as a friend to avoid having to be single and expect to have his pick from all the drooling girls who had a crush on him. Now, I'm not saying this was the case, but it's every bit as plausible as Gale actually dating that girl for the 4 years. We don't and won't know the truth and either scenario could have been the case. Think of all the guys who dated and even married women, then later came out as gay -- even Elton John. LOL. Some guys never come out at all, but just stay closeted.

Next, there is more than just the supposed chemistry between Gale and Randy as to why some people think Gale is bi or gay rather than straight. This thread is about Hal not keeping his mouth shut and Hal has hinted ad nauseam non stop about Gale not being straight saying that he's either lying or confused etc and that Gale and Randy weren't professional on set hinting they were involved. Now again, it's hinting only, but Hal is a reliable source too even though I can't stand the guy LOL.

Gale himself has hinted things in interviews and answered in ways that actual straight men wouldn't. First, at the beginning of QAF he refused to reveal his sexual orientation. If he was straight, why would he not just say "I'm straight" right then? The (assumptive) way most people think would be that oh he's such a great great actor cuz he's straight but his character has sex with guys etc. -- oh that must be awful for him to kiss guys, but he makes it so believable that he's really so into it so that means wow what a great actor!

But, it was in an interview in which Gale first asked the journalist to turn off his or her tape recorder that Gale said "I'm grudgingly revealing I'm straight." What guy who was really straight would do/say it that way? Come ON. Just because you want Gale to be straight doesn't mean he is.

He also said -- in the same interview, I think -- that he had wanted to play Brian Kinney even "dirtier" than he was written in the QAF script. Again, what actual straight guy would say *that* when we all know how graphic the BK character was already written as a gay stud?

by Anonymousreply 31207/01/2011

In an interview in which the interviewer asked him about the difference between kissing men and women Gale described feeling the "animalistic and instinctual" nature of men "right when you start kissing" while with women, "there's more play."

Gale has also said in interviews that people thinking he might be gay goes back to his high school days when he "wasn't drooling over every girl in sight." He added that the fact that many of his heroes were gay playwrights and poets didn't help.

(Gale majored in romance literature. He also had a soccer scholarship that he quit because a coach called him a "fag" for having long hair on the field etc.)

by Anonymousreply 31307/01/2011

Ahhh, yes he is losing his hair. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 31407/01/2011

r294,r312,r313...A.K.A.Getreal verylastly r314

Oh shoot. Now that you put it that way, I do see your point. Forgive me for my rather immature critical thinking skills. Still in the process of honing it. Am a freshman in College.

Yes it does makes sense. In the 70's and 80's, you wouldn't come out, unless you liked being lynched or stoned.

And yes, never did think through the closeness of Sweetness to Gale. Were they best friends, good friends, casual friends, acquintances.

I've just reread the sweetness posts, and she doesn't seem like the type of friend to come out to.

And his mom being a preacher was probably a big problem. Maybe that was why he left the church?

I understand the explanation that the courting of that older girl as a coverup and a need for social security. But here I speculate that there was more to it...would you really date a woman for 4 years just to cover up the fact that you were bisexual????

Speaking of afterelton, I recently read an article about a guy dating a closeted actor on the dear pigeon guts column...as soon as I read that, strangely Gale popped up from the back of my mind.

So do you mean from saying that Hal is a credible source that you do believe that something transpired between Gale and Randy that involved more than acting on queer as folk?

Ya, when I first heard in the interview, he said kissing men was animalistic...it really knocked me off balance for a moment,(because, omg, a straight man would never say that...he made homosexuality seem attractive with that one sentence) now that you bring it up again, I can see how this piece of the jigsaw puzzle fits in with your argument.

BTW,this is random but it seems to fit in with your argument, this thought just popped out of nowhere while I was reading your post, I have recently read one of the Randy Harrison's quotes; he was quoted to have said the following line:

"I actually have more respect for people who are in the closet. You end up exposing so much of yourself because you have to talk about your sexual life. You shouldn't have to talk about it." Randy Harrison

Sounds like he's pointing a finger (subtly) at somebody.

And OH MY GOD, he wanted to play the Brian Kinney character dirtier than it was ALREADY??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow if he really said that then...well...

The following is written under the premise that he is bisexual/gay...he probably jumped at the chance of playing Brian Kinney. I can see how we can attribute his great performance and great passion on screen to something else. His great performance that he displayed on screen was a result of dark repressed passions venting out with a vengeance after so many years of going against it and neglecting it.

But my big question of the day is, if he is in fact, gay, then WHY DOESN'T HE come out? I mean he's old enough to cut off ties to his mother,(and as if him being on a gay show wasn't enough of a damage to her reputation) and he's already tarnished by being on a gay show, what harm will it cause him?

I heard about that in high school people thought he was gay (it proves nothing). I heard about his homophobic soccer coach gave him the boot (not his fault, it proves nothing).

Last but not least, r314, he ISN'T losing hair, YOU should get your prescriptions checked several times before posting anything else.

by Anonymousreply 31507/01/2011

Btw,r312, r313, do you think Gale used Yara as a prop to pose around with, to solidify in cement the fact that he is straight?

by Anonymousreply 31607/01/2011

Thanks R315 for your post recognizing my points. I am the "Get Real" R312 and R313 poster, but, I am not the same poster as R294.

Like I said, I'm not saying that the long relationship with an older girl was a cover up, nor am I saying it definitely wasn't. My point was we don't know so we shouldn't assume either way. A related situation that some have brought up, which I can't find any information on through research, is that Gale was supposedly in an even longer relationship --6 rather than 4 years apparently -- before QAF. Now, the interesting thing, apparently no one can find information on it, but some, who are maybe assuming?, swear it was with a girl who Gale left "high and dry" in San Francisco after 6 years without an explanation even before taking QAF. There are also people who say Gale was living with a guy in San Francisco. I am not saying anything as fact here, I'm just saying stuff I've seen repeated several times. We don't know anything, but if Gale were bi, it would make sense that he would have a few relationships with men and women. Even if you thought you were gay, you may in your younger years experiment or try to be in a relationship with the opposite sex. Hey it can all be confusing, you know? But again, the truth on any of it can not be confirmed in Gale's case, so we should refrain from jumping to a conclusion here.

As for your question that since I see Hal as a reliable source (even though I can't stand him or the stuff he says) does this mean I think something sexual/romantic did happen between Gale and Randy?, I will answer that now.

I do see Hal's remarks as adding to the possibility that the Gale/Randy relationship rumors were true. I've watched the actual footage of the Gale/Randy 'Goodbye' video as well as other behind the scenes pictures of the two actors off set and the famous Larry King "I love you" LOL. (Randy was obviously joking around, but Gale's response and reply I. can't. repeat. it" well it could also be joking about their relationship too. Gale was talking about "...growing with my fellow actors" when Randy whispered it from the side lines. The kind of stuff Hal implies seems to go along with that take on it.

G and R were always "touchy feely" with each other and while this can be explained as that they are good friends, because we do know they have remained friends all these years, it's not to say they couldn't also have been together as a couple for a while too. You mentioned afterelton -- I can't remember the year, but there is a photo of Gale and Randy at a dinner opening of one of Gale's plays -- is it Suddenly Last Summer? -- I don't know, but the sign says "Harold, Table 17" -- funny that I remember *that* LOL. Anyway, they both have similar style and oozing real life chemistry together in that photo. NOW, in saying that, I'm just making an observation. That is no evidence, just my opinion of the body language, touch feely, real life chemistry I have always seen. Opinions aren't evidence, so that is only my opinion in answering your question do I think G and R ever had a relationship etc. So yes I do, based only on what I see and my 50 years of life experience, but I don't take it as a fact, because there is no truth to support it! I'm just saying there is a possibility of it.

The rest of your post I will address in another posting.

by Anonymousreply 31707/01/2011

Okay R315 --- R312/R313/R317 here again. Before I move on, I just want to say that Gale seems to have a strong friendship with Scott Lowell (Ted, QAF, of course). He visited Gale every day in the hospital after Gale's motorcycle accident and just recently the two were in a play together called Like a Dog in Space in LA (to support a young playwright contest). Anyway, for some reason, I have never seen any sign of romantic chemistry between Gale and Scott, but I always do between Gale and Randy... and really I don't care either way, like I said it's just my opinion/observation and I keep trying to find the truth to everything to change my opinion to suit the facts. I'm a logical one by nature LOL.

Okay... for the rest of your last post:

The quote you included from Randy is interesting and I haven't seen it yet. It sure does seem like he could mean Gale -- especially as it doesn't dis him but support him/agree with him. Gale's publicist has said ad nasuem that Gale "doesn't talk about" his personal/love/sex life.

I pretty much disagree with your 'psychological analysis' of why Gale took the BK role "based on the premise that he is bi/gay." I think that no matter his sexual orientation, Gale needed the money to pay bills and stuff like he said and he's totally gay-friendly so why wouldn't he take a role like that? He may certainly have also wanted to sort of prove something too since so many straight actors turned down the role because of the explicit gay content. Another hypothesis could be that, on the premise that Gale is bi/gay, he felt a connection with the character. (After all, he did call up Ron and Dan in character identifying himself as BK when one of them answered the phone. LOL loved that!) But that having been said, I think we non-actors tend to put too much into reasons why actors take roles sometimes. This reminds me of an interview Gale and Randy did together -- was it Larry King? -- when the interviewer asked Randy why he took the QAF role of Justin and Randy said something like "because I got it" to which Gale snickered! (Loved that too.)

As for your "big question of the day -- why doesn't Gale come out if he is gay?" Well, first he may not be gay. He may be bi. Then, if he is bi, why not come out as bi? Well, if Gale isn't straight but is bi or gay, I think he feels that he shouldn't have to discuss being either one, which pretty much goes against the whole concept of coming out. Also, I remember him saying a few times in interviews that "straight women always hope I'm straight" and a lot of his fan base is straight women so it could affect his career. To be fair, he's also said stuff about guys "trying to convert me" and that doesn't sound like he's gay.

BTW, I didn't mention the high school or soccer coach parts because they 'meant something' because you're right, they don't. BUT, Gale himself said them that's why it matters!

To answer your question about Yara, no I don't think Gale used her or any woman to "prove he's straight." Maybe to allay suspicion a bit, since even all these years after QAF people are still curious about his sexual orientation LOL. I don't blame him one bit!!!

by Anonymousreply 31807/02/2011

Are you r293 then? To r312, r313, r317, r318, I have heard of the leaving his girlfriend "high and dry" in San Fran story, and I have also read in another thread about the "I woke up next to a naked Gale Harold" guy. No evidence. No proof. Zilch. Nada. There is no solid evidence that he's ever dated either sex other than the sweetness posts.

But if we were to say, hypothetically, that he did leave his girlfriend of 6 years, that is an awfully long time to be staying with someone...even for an experiment-wise. The "suddenly" leaving the girl high and dry can be explained with a normal reason...that their relationship had been deteriorating before he got the qaf part. Getting the qaf part was the final straw, that push to leave that girl. But back to the original point. 6 years...that's an awful long time...if it was true, it would be a testament to the fact that Gale is/was attracted to women.

As for the guy in San Fran...it was fraud...people troll-dared the poster and the responses found that the posts written by this ONE guy were actually from multiple people. But the girl from San Fran has been firmly established, as it came from Gale's own mouth and it was written in a magazine article.

I've also watched the Larry King clip and have heard Randy whisper I love you to Gale. But it was humour wise; Randy was, in my opinion, referring to Gale's inadvertent pun "Growing as actors"; get it? Men when they get excited they "grow"...and Gale saying: I. can't. repeat. it. Well I think that's in part due to Gale's inarticulateness. I have watched many interviews with Gale in it.

He seems unable to string words together in a logical sequence. I will post some examples in the following posts of what I'm referring to. The way he said I can't repeat it, comes off to me as the inability to formulate an appropriate response. Notice the way he says the I can't repeat it haltingly, one word at a time, it's what people do when they are trying to buy time to think about their responses. I've seen really horrible debaters use the same technique.

You have to be very careful when you are relying on Hal's account of what happened. He always adds an extra "oomph" to whatever he says to attract attention, because that was he is an attention hog. I wouldn't be surprised if those hints and jabs at Gale was just a gimmick. I mean more outrageous things have poppped out of his mouth like the "preparing to kiss a man is like preparing to kiss a dog" comment. So whenever I'm listening to Hal speak, I take whatever Hal says with a grain of salt.

I have also watched the qaf goodbye vid (love the cocksocks bit), and nowhere do I see anything telling about Gale and Randy together. But Gale did cry...

The photo you are referring of Gale and Randy being together was taken in 2006 shortly after the finale of qaf, and again, I have noticed nothing telling about the pic, but I don't have enough years under my belt to profess that there wasn't chemistry in that pic, and I trust your judgement better than mine since you have more experience than me. I think the play was suddenly last summer since Gale had blonde hair in that pic and in sls, he dyed his hair blonde.

But...I have heard of a rumoured pic (and if you got this pic, then I would believe that Gale and Randy were 100% a couple off-screen sometime during the filming of qaf) of Gale and Randy, (you know they weren't filming when the pic was taken, because Gale's hair was a mess) were sitting on a couch with a table in front of them, and underneath that table, they legs were "intertwined". Of course, try as I might I could not find the supposed pic. But if someone does manage to get a hold of it, then that would be proof enough.

I know I found it weird that Scott would visit Gale everyday during the accident; only girlfriends and boyfriends do that...but I guess they could be very good friends. I can't visualize Scott and Gale together. I don't believe they were ever together. Scott is straight.

Gale doesn't like talking about his personal life/love life? Gale doesn't like to talk in general. An

by Anonymousreply 31907/02/2011

and I suspect the wikipedia profile of Gale was locked because he personally had someone do that for him to reduce as much as possible rumours about him. It could also because his inarticulateness causes him embarrassment. His inability to formulate logical sentences seem to be a hallmark of his unscripted interviews; did you check out his recent interview with the secret circle cast. Oh my goodness, the man was going crazy...rambling on and on...with no logic to his sentences...yes I understand (later) that he was promoting like a dog in space...but he really comes off as a dumbass in that interview.

I think more than likely you are right about Gale taking the job because he needed the money. This is off topic, but I read in my psych book about something called cognitive dissonance theory, and (this is in support of the fact that Gale is straight.) it states if your actions conflict with your beliefs, it creates tension and our mind doesn't like tension, so it tries in some ways to resolve it. The mind can either resolve this tension by a) changing one's actions to match one's beliefs b)changing one's beliefs. Now if Gale is straight (I'm putting in a if, because I acknowledge all your arguments for Gale being bi/gay are all valid and some strong), his belief would clash against his actions (making love to men)...now he can't change his actions, it's part of his job, but he doesn't have to change his beliefs, because his getting paid (an exterior reason), puts the tension to rest. Gale's mind would be thinking "I am straight. I am making love to men. BUT...I am getting paid." I think that's why Gale is so comfortable making love to men, his mind has settled its dispute.

Wouldn't be surprised that gay men have tried to convert him, he is, in my opinion, abnormally good-looking; you would have to go through 1,000 000 of guys to find one as good-looking as Gale.

I'm glad you think Gale and Yara are not together, I really don't like her. I know it's irrational to not like a person you've never met; but since you can pick up on chemistry; I can justify my statement by saying that Yara emanates this aura of superficiality.

by Anonymousreply 32007/02/2011

btw, sometimes datalounge threads run out of data and they stop posters from posting, here's my email incase that happens: thethoughtfulcritic@hotmail.com

Btw, do you happen to be ducbrandt?

by Anonymousreply 32107/02/2011

R315 "Speaking of afterelton, I recently read an article about a guy dating a closeted actor on the dear pigeon guts column...as soon as I read that, strangely Gale popped up from the back of my mind."%0D %0D I think you're reaching with that one. There are so many closeted actors that the actor in the article could have been any number of people.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 32207/02/2011

OMG, reading through this thread is like reading through the Prancing Ponies again. The G/R shippers are in high gear again.

IMO, G and R developed a close friendship, maybe they messed around and that's it folks. End of affair, beginning of close friendship. Just because they had chemistry onscreen....it's acting, folks. Now the guy who played the UK version of Brian Kinney, Aiden Gillem, was very convincing as a slutty gayboy but he's been married to his longterm sweetheart almost all his life! That's called excellent acting.

I haven't seen any pics of Gale with Yara lately. But she was with him at the 2009 premiere of that Scott Walker movie he produced and they looked like a couple then. The pics that were taken afterwards seem more like good friends instead of a couple.

I think he's bi, leaning towards men nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 32307/02/2011

Apparently Gale and Yara are just friends now. This is a comment from someone who went to see the play Gale was in recently. I'm not saying this is true, but......%0D %0D A friend of mine is one of the actors in the festival. I went last night to the performance and had a wonderful time. Scott was fantastic as was the entire cast. Being a fan though I had to ask my friend what the deal was with Gale and according to him, the romance is no more; just a great friendship. As he has no reason to lie, I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 32407/02/2011

Wow, Gale was very good-looking as a child, but I have to say he grew even better looking when he got older, blonde hair doesn't suit him as well as black hair.

by Anonymousreply 32507/02/2011

omg, gale should get married, it's about time. I mean, for christ sakes, he's 42.

by Anonymousreply 32607/02/2011

"OMG" yourself, R326. Why should Gale get married just because he'll be turning 42 next week? The fact that he isn't married at this age could be considered another supporter for the Gale is bi or gay theory. If anything, it's noble that he isn't getting married just to look less suspicious or just to conform to societal norms. Neither of these options is Gale IMHO. Maybe he doesn't even know whether he would even want to marry a girl or a guy for all we know -- thanks to prop 8 in California, the latter choice is no longer an option!

by Anonymousreply 32707/02/2011

r327, I wrote back to you with r319 and r320

by Anonymousreply 32807/02/2011

and also r321

by Anonymousreply 32907/02/2011

R323 You said Yara was with Gale at the 2009 premiere of that Scott Walker movie he produced and they looked like a couple then. How do you know this? Did you see them yourself?%0D %0D And 'Get Real' or whoever you are - please give me some proof that Hal has ever said anything about Gale's sexuality or implied that he and Randy were unprofessional!!

by Anonymousreply 33007/02/2011

Hal Sparks is a nasty little queen.

by Anonymousreply 33107/02/2011

Some friends who went to the LA premiere said he arrived with a very pretty lady with long brown hair, this was before we knew her name.

by Anonymousreply 33207/02/2011

That's funny because I read another totally different report at the time:%0D %0D "Gale, as my friend Manu and I thought, was in Los Angeles for the screening for the Scott Walker documentary and...he was there with another Scott: our very own Scott Lowell! They supposedly went together.%0D %0D This is what the girl who saw them together said (from IMDB)%0D %0D ttI saw Gale! And Scott Lowell.%0D Actually, seeing Scott (stepping around him through the crowded lobby before I recognised him) made sure I saw Gale. I was on my way to the inevitable ladies line and had to step around a group in the lobby. I realised it was Scott I%E2%80%99d just passed and turned around to look again. I saw Gale greet Scott and quickly stepped out of line. I do have my priorities!%0D %0D When I could see him, Gale looked great. Animated and happy. Unfortunately for me, the lobby was very crowded and he was in the middle of the crowd. Most of the time, his back was to me. Pretty sure I saw him greet one of his friends with a hug. A wrap your arms around their shoulders and embrace them hug.%0D %0D Outside of the two of us and his friends I%E2%80%99d say he was unrecognised. It just wasn%E2%80%99t that kind of crowd."%0D %0D I find it hard to believe that Yara wouldn't have been recognised given fangirls had been obsessed with her since 'Vanished' and the All Star Party that Gale attended with her back in 2008....%0D %0D I would also add that I saw Gale with a gorgeous woman with long brown hair once who I didn't recognise, and it turned out to be Michelle Clunie!!%0D

by Anonymousreply 33307/02/2011

that is only one person's account. And maybe she didn't see her because the place was really crowded as she wrote? And maybe some people are more observant than others.

I remember reading others who wrote about the LA premiere on the IMBD board and there were quite a few who talked about seeing Gale and the pretty girl with long hair.

I don't understand how this one poster's account is different from many others who actually saw them together including my friend.

by Anonymousreply 33407/02/2011

Even if she was with him, she was one among a group of friends...I'm always wary of fangirl reports in general because they're always subjective...if Gale's seen with a girl, she's always his girlfriend, never a friend. And like I said before, given how obsessed those freaks over at IMDB were with Yara I'm amazed not one person identified her if there were as many reports as you say....

by Anonymousreply 33507/02/2011

And I'm pretty sure that Yara isn't the only attractive brunette Gale knows!

by Anonymousreply 33607/03/2011

r326, I'm not surprised that Gale hasn't tied the knot yet. Actors and people in the entertainment in general have very bad marital lives. They also have among the highest divorce rates. Especially for male actor.

Women generally look for a mate with a stable income, who can spend time with her and take care of their children; women generally look for a man who can establish some sort of routine.

Actors cannot provide that; they generally move around alot following wherever the set goes. Their job is unstable like Gale Harold; he was so hot and successful on qaf; always in the limelight back then. He was a household name; now you barely hear anything about him; how's that for stability.

Sure actors sometimes get payed alot; but it's extremely unstable. Some days you bringing home money by the thousands; other times nothing (like what Gale is currently doing).

As well actors are more prone to cheat on their mates than people from almost any other profession because they are constantly asked to show physical attraction towards another human beings. (And the wonders of hormones are beyond our control at times).

Yes Gale Harold is handsome, but to women (unlike to men) looks don't make it on the top ten list; it doesn't even make it to the top 20 list of what to look for in a mate. Gale Harold may be able to bring home many women (Martinez, Bingham) but getting them to stay is a whole new ballgame.

by Anonymousreply 33707/03/2011

I wrote the above post on the premise that Gale is straight.

by Anonymousreply 33807/03/2011

And Btw - are people still treating a random post by some chick claiming to be highschool friends with Gale as legit?!!! That photo of Gale that she posted as her 'proof' had already done the rounds of the internet before she posted it....and how convenient she couldn't find the other photos of their highschool years together!%0D

by Anonymousreply 33907/03/2011

r339, don't you think sweetness' posts are a little too arbitrary to be made up?

by Anonymousreply 34007/03/2011

r339, btw, how do you know that sweetness is a girl?

by Anonymousreply 34107/03/2011

r339, I don't know what the original pic she/he posted looked like (she already took it off when I read the post); I just recently found the blonde Gale pic, and posted that one as proof that the blonde Gale rumour that sweetness wrote was true.

by Anonymousreply 34207/03/2011

and also to prove sweetness' validity. It's strikes me as to arbitrary and meaningless for sweetness to make shit up; I mean what would she gain from lying???

by Anonymousreply 34307/03/2011

r339, you shouldn't be so cynical.

by Anonymousreply 34407/03/2011

@r339, thethoughtfulcritic, get real, someone should contact sweetness to prove that she is real. I just checked out the website sweetness was on; she's still posting, and you can contact her if you are a member.

by Anonymousreply 34507/03/2011

Ask her questions we don't already know the answers to!!%0D %0D And see if she can find those other photos of Gale while she's at it...where were they? At her mom's? I forget!

by Anonymousreply 34607/03/2011

r345,346, someone do that please, or if no one wants to; I will do that personally.

by Anonymousreply 34707/03/2011

Maybe we can even get her to cough up Gale's baby pics :)

by Anonymousreply 34807/03/2011

better idea. Get her to produce a picture of her with gale. I mean if she knew so much about gale, and in her posts it really seems like she does. If she was that close of a friend, she would've taken some pictures of her and Gale together.

by Anonymousreply 34907/03/2011

I'd laugh if she refused to answer you guys.

by Anonymousreply 35007/03/2011

[quote]better idea. Get her to produce a picture of her with gale.

I'm sure she'll be happy to oblige. Better still, why not see if she can score you a sperm sample too?

by Anonymousreply 35107/03/2011

r351, Great idea! Someone here volunteer their postal code and be the first recipient. And the first recipient can mail it to another one of us; and we'll all get a chance to see Gale's little swimmers, chain-letter style :)

by Anonymousreply 35207/03/2011

I would love that! I've always wanted to have Gale's child. What a good-looking child it would be!!! Let's do that. I could be the first recipient! I want first dips!

by Anonymousreply 35307/03/2011

There is some serious mental illness awaiting a diagnosis on this thread. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 35407/03/2011

haha it would work if Sweetness was a creepy stalker back in the days when she was still able to rub shoulders with Gale.

by Anonymousreply 35507/03/2011

But in my opinion no stalker would be able to obtain something like that, no matter how good.

by Anonymousreply 35607/03/2011

r354, It's the fan-fraus,stalker-cunts, they are taking over the internet. Last I checked most of them were crowded around imdb. Now they seemed to have scuttled over here and taken up residence here. %0D %0D It's hard to get rid of them. They reproduce like cockroaches. Let's now hope that there will be an apocalypse that will wipe them off.

by Anonymousreply 35707/03/2011

But it's so hard to wipe them off r354. These fan-fraus. They're just so hardy. Darn things!

by Anonymousreply 35807/03/2011

[quote]They're just so hardy

More like husky!

Serious mental illness and delusions from sarcasm-immune fraus who delude themselves into thinking Gale Harold would give them the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 35907/03/2011

I cannot believe they're posting their email addresses on here. At some point, the webbie is going to get fed up.

by Anonymousreply 36007/03/2011

R357, r358, r359, r360

Lookithere, alright. I was the poster who posted my email here; but it was for (Get Real), who I am having a lively debate with, and who's currently at his office working.

And you know WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!My previous post was written in sarcasm, ugh, okkkkkkk?!!!

And do you place me in the same category as a "fan-frau"; I do not belong with those hooligans!! We are not of the same class. I am rather belonging to the class "obsessive-compulsive chipmunk" a.k.a. chipocd.

Yes we have the same ancestor-the fangirl or more commonly known as the fangurl. The entity that demurely lowers her head as the thing that it worships (Gale Harold) and greedily devours every word that comes out of his mouth, turning it over and over in his mind as if it were some sort of precious jewel.

We've (fan-fraus, chipmunks) agressively seek out our answers agressively through threads, second-hand accounts of parties and the like; the only difference being chipmunks still respect enough for their idols that they would never put our idols in danger. The fan-fraus (mad-eyed, staring, wild things) would. They'd seek out their information, and they wouldn't care their idol died, in the process, in their stampede.

Yes I admit fan-fraus and chipmunks are cousins, but we are different in more than one significant way. We share one common trait, and (I'm pretty sure those who frequent imdb is well-aware of this)that is the overruse of punctuation marks. But that's where all similarities END.PERIOD.

We, chipmunks, are more evolved, more adept in finding information (we are very resourceful,I'm pretty sure many gay men who are best friends with us (and there are many such arrangements) are well aware of this. We churn out good, RELIABLE,logical information at an exponential rate. And HERE is where we FUNDAMENTALLY differ from the average fan-girl. We PROCESS (yes you heard it right,folks) the information given to us and make inferences from it. And when we find that we are in the wrong, we are able take steps back.

So don't mistaken me for hooligan cousins. We are more evolved, better in almost all areas. So ya.

So r357, r358, and your two helpful sidekicks or cronies (r359,r360) (if you are reading this, take the term you find MOST offensive). Maybe you rethink your words.

And btw, what kind of a cruel world do we live in that three gaymen would back a chipmunk against a cyberwall.

you OUGHT to be ASHAMED.

by Anonymousreply 36107/03/2011

This is a terrific reunion interview the cast gave this year. Absent are Hal Sparks and Randy Harrison. Highly recommended.

by Anonymousreply 36207/03/2011

361, you are trying way too hard to distance yourself from the crowd of which you are clearly part.

Can't you take this back to iVillage or PopSugar or wherever you came from?

by Anonymousreply 36307/03/2011

OMG! It's Get Real. Yeah I come back to all this shit. Can't I leave you kiddies alone for a minute? Before I dive in once again to the slew here, "Thoughtful Critic -- I need clarification that you do mean R293 when you asked if I am that poster -- please check the number again and I'll be back...

by Anonymousreply 36407/03/2011

Get Real, you said "Hal has hinted ad nauseam non stop about Gale not being straight saying that he's either lying or confused etc and that Gale and Randy weren't professional on set hinting they were involved"%0D %0D Do you have any evidence for this? When did he hint that G/R were involved? Maybe he meant they were unprofessional because they forgot their lines, showed up late etc.

by Anonymousreply 36507/03/2011

365, at the risk of encouraging you to stay, the answer to your question has been presented. If you're going to come on a gay board and act like this, at least read the very thread you hijacked.

by Anonymousreply 36607/04/2011

Get real, I was just wondering 'tis all.

by Anonymousreply 36707/04/2011

r366, r365 is not me. I am me. :)

by Anonymousreply 36807/04/2011

the thoughtful critic -- YOU FAILED. This is Get Real. You were just wondering if that post is me? The reason I asked you again and to clarify is that troll-dar says you made the post!!!!! You posted at R293 and then asked me TWICE if that was me.

I tried to be nice and debate stuff with you, but I'm pissed off. Go away silly fan frau!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36907/04/2011

All I want to know is if someone can point me in the direction of an article etc where Hal Sparks hinted G/R had something going on/were unprofessional...

by Anonymousreply 37007/05/2011

Get real, I didn't ask you twice. First time I asked if you were r292, second time I asked if you were r294, because these two posters were the ones I originally addressed posts to.

r292 said [quote]As far as I know Gale and Stephen have been best friends since ages and Stephen is openly gay but that doesn't mean that they are together. It's only rumors...If anyone has more info :) Gale fans would be grateful.I don't care about the big mouth of Hal Sparks. I wish him happy moments with his baby though. Maybe I should open a new thread exclusively aboud Gale Harold.@ the hardcore stalker: I don't know what you mean by this LOL since few people live near the Hollywood glitz. I'm OK with the softcore version of the things. I don't think fans will ever get the chance to see, read, hear something jucier.

And I said [quote]Oh please [R292], open a new thread exclusively on gale. Btw, I have some pretty hard evidence that Gale is straight, well it's a substantial claim of course.Btw, can we exchange emails, you are a subscribed member right?

I never asked you if you were r293, I am r293, I asked if you were r294, or if I did write r293, I miswrote it.

And that's one of the reasons I gave you my email, because I thought you were a subscribed member I was going to give you helpful hints on what questions to pose for your new thread if you were r292.

I also asked if you were r294, because he/she asked me to prove why I was so sure Gale was straight; hence my subsequent response.

That's why.

I didn't give you an answer because maybe it'd be rude to tell you that, because originally the posts weren't meant for you.

by Anonymousreply 37107/05/2011

Would it be futile to assert yet AGAIN that I am not a fan-frau?

I've noticed that the term "fan-frau" is used exclusively on datalounge. Nowhere, not on afterelton, not on Gale Harold's fansite, not on a yaoi fansite is the term ever used.

It's so sad because on datalounge I've noticed the clobber-a-chipmunk phenomenon on almost every thread; where insults are hurled at a hapless chipmunk abusively.

We are told to get lost, go on packing.

Some of the insults we are bombarded include: "r[blah blah] is a straight cunt" "why are the hell are you on a gay website is beyond me" "Look at them those fan-fraus, they are crazed and foaming at the mouth" "Go home and take care of the kids, alright" "These fangurls need to get off a "gay website"" "Oh my god, "IT" is here"

Do you see how hard it is to be one of us. I know DL is hostile to chipmunks. Because THAT's alright, we've flourished in worse environments.

And even those who "pretend" they are nice to us, once our backs are turned we KNOW exactly (underlined three times in red pen)what comes out of your mouths.

by Anonymousreply 37207/05/2011

I mean what have we ever done to you? All we are trying to do is find a niche in the vast cyberspace which has room enough for everyone.

I don't understand where all this animosity came from, but it certainly has nothing to do with anything we've ever done!

by Anonymousreply 37307/05/2011

Ya, nowhere have I read about the unprofessionalism that the poster get real was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 37407/05/2011

Why is it that almost every thread about queer as folk or its actors always unravel into something about Gale and Randy having had an affair? I mean who even cares.

by Anonymousreply 37507/05/2011

Get real, so are you still mad?

by Anonymousreply 37607/05/2011

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Hal?

by Anonymousreply 37707/05/2011

r377, you asked about an article on professionalism; well I don't have the article, but I can prove to you that Gale Harold was very professional during filming

There is a fleeting dick shot of Gale Harold on queer as folk in the following youtube video at 7:41 (It's lying on Randy leg) and you can obviously see from this that he isn't "hard" when he was making love to Randy in those sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 37807/06/2011

The previous post was made by me thethoughtfulcritic; forgot to sign off on that.

by Anonymousreply 37907/06/2011

Go away thethoughtfulcritic!

by Anonymousreply 38007/06/2011

Wow, Gale Harold that man is amply endowed. Lucky bastard.

by Anonymousreply 38107/06/2011

r378, are you kidding me? That was a big boner.

by Anonymousreply 38207/06/2011

@the thoughtful critic, no, no, Gale's gun was turgid. I am a little surprised that the directors did not catch that little flash.

by Anonymousreply 38307/06/2011

I think it's an optical illusion...

by Anonymousreply 38407/06/2011

It's awfully clear to be an optical illusion.

by Anonymousreply 38507/06/2011

Looked again. I suppose it could be his cock, nothing to be ashamed of there.

by Anonymousreply 38607/06/2011

r386, were you r294?

by Anonymousreply 38707/06/2011

Did my posts convince you that Gale is straight?

by Anonymousreply 38807/06/2011

r386, what's there to be ashamed of? It would turn any man rock hard to see little Randy in an about-to-be-fucked position.

by Anonymousreply 38907/06/2011

r389, but he isn't hard in that vid; look at him; he's limp; couldn't be less excited had he been reading an "Anne of Green Gables" novel.

by Anonymousreply 39007/06/2011

r390, he is hard during that sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 39107/06/2011

I'm pretty SURE he was limp in that vid; but I can see why y'all think he's erect; he's just very manly that's all :)

by Anonymousreply 39207/07/2011

I don't see why everyone makes such a big fuss over Gale Harold. For someone who can't act, hasn't a great body, rather boring looking, he's sure important. Gay, or straight, who gives a fuck?%0D %0D But from reading this thread, I can tell that most of his fans are dimwits or lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 39307/07/2011

In the youtube video mentioned earlier, that is not Gale's cock. Over the many years since QAF first aired (Christ, I can't believe we're still talking about this), extensive *read obsessive* research was done about that scene. What you see on the screen is actually part of the sheet or duvet that's bunched up behind Gale's right leg.

by Anonymousreply 39407/10/2011

r394, so in the end, do you think Gale is straight?

by Anonymousreply 39507/10/2011

If it matter so much to you then yes! He's very very straight and wants to make love to you right now!

by Anonymousreply 39607/10/2011

r396 Oh golly, gee (blushing).

by Anonymousreply 39707/10/2011

Apparently Hal was just the sperm donor - just like Mikey!

by Anonymousreply 39807/19/2011

HAL HAS A STALKER!!!

by Anonymousreply 39907/29/2011

Really? Or is the stalker actually Hal himself?

by Anonymousreply 40007/29/2011

I thought that this thread is already closed...Once I wanted to add something but the system didn't let me...

by Anonymousreply 40107/30/2011

I'll be very happy if all 9 of them turn up at the QAF Con in Germany next year!

by Anonymousreply 40207/30/2011

It utterly amazes me that 11 years later at any given time there is still a DL thread about QAF, Gale Harold and Randy Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 40307/30/2011

It will utterly amaze me if Gale Harold actually turns up at the QAF Con (con is the right word) in Germany. His dislike of Sparks aside, is he that desperate for a free trip?

by Anonymousreply 40407/30/2011

Oh I hadn't heard he was going to make an appearance. Hell I'd do it for a free trip to Germany. I could suck it up for a few hours and be with people I didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 40507/30/2011

New photos of Gale and Yara in Vancouver. It looks like they're still together to me:%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 40608/27/2011

If they ever really were "together," R406.

Do the math: Gale and Yara met on Vanished 6 years ago. That's a long time to be supposedly be going out for no ring on her finger. Gale's never been married and he's 42 now. He is still so hot looking too -- that elegant long body... I'll never believe he's straight. Fanfrau give it a rest already!

by Anonymousreply 40708/27/2011

Oh Yara *was* Gale's wife on Vanished though. :)

by Anonymousreply 40808/27/2011

Strange to see the normally uber private Harold out flaunting his 'lady friend', particularly as he knows there are Paparazzi on every corner in Vancouver. It's almost a big fuck you to his rabid fans many of whom seem to be convinced that he's in love with Randy Harrison or is saving himself for them. I'll bet those at the IMDB are saying how happy they are for him and what a great couple they make whilst secretly wanting to tear her hair out in handfuls. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 40908/28/2011

Well, actually R409, Gale has said that his female fans always "hope he's straight" so whatever... He'll soon be starting, or maybe has started?, The Secret Circle TV show, which will be filmed in Vancouver, I think and is set to air mid-September.

by Anonymousreply 41008/28/2011

He never said that R410.

by Anonymousreply 41108/28/2011

Yes he did say that, R411.

I tried posting the link and can't, but it's in the well known "Gale Force" interview by Mike Rowe in The Advocate:

"Harold is amused by the response his involvement in the show elicits in some straight viewers. "I've had middle-aged men come up to me, on a shoot-the-breeze level, and bring up the show. The responses range from 'My wife loves the show!' to 'I loved the show, it's funny as hell!'" Women beg him to tell them that he's straight."

By the way, this is the same interview in which Gale says he wishes he could play Brian Kinney " a lot dirtier." (That is more than ironic since so many straight guys wouldn't even read for the part.)

Here is that text:

Harold's initial take was that the character would best be played as "a cross between Lou Reed and Oscar Wilde, with a gold tooth, and go completely over the top with it. Now we know that I can't do that," he says mischievously, "though I still think that's how it should be done. It would be a lot dirtier.But he's not allowed to be that."

Nor does he buy into the notion that Brian is a pure predator. "You have to like your character, because if you don't, no one else will either. And if the point of the show is to create a character that nobody likes and everybody hates, that would be the way to go. Make him a predator. But I liked Stuart [the character upon whom Brian is based]! I liked the guy."

(This "Gale Force" interview shouldn't be confused with the "Gale Force" interview in FLAUNT magazine by Karen Rabinowitz. *That* is the one that includes the part where Gale asks her to turn off her tape recorder. After that he hems and haws about the 'gay or straight?' question some more, then says: "I'm straight. I'm begrudgingly revealing it.") Yeah, that was real convincing...

I do love Gale though.

by Anonymousreply 41208/28/2011

Where in that interview does it say that Gale has said his female fans always "hope he's straight."

The only person riding Gale's dick is a female and her name is Yara. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 41308/29/2011

don't be so sure that the ONLY peson riding Gale's dick is Yara...I'm sure he couldn't swear it .

by Anonymousreply 41408/29/2011

Does anyone else think it's strange that the oh so private Gale is flaunting Yara in front of the same vancouver paps he's been yelling at ever since he started filming TSC? Don't tell me he didn't know there'd be paps out and about...in which case..SMILE! If this was his big moment of saying 'I'm with Yara!' they could at least look happy about it!

by Anonymousreply 41508/29/2011

R413 It says in the interview very clearly that "Women beg him to tell him that he's straight."

Begging is even more than hoping.

R414 I love you!

by Anonymousreply 41608/29/2011

I mean "Women beg him to tell THEM that he's straight."

by Anonymousreply 41708/29/2011

r415, I think it's the only way he found so that finally we leave him alone...%0D r416 thank you ;)

by Anonymousreply 41808/29/2011

It is strange R415 and I said so in my post at 409. Last picture they had taken together was at the GLEh event 2009 and he looked almost constipated in the picture. She seemed to disappear for over a year and a half after the OD play and wasn't present at any of his plays, football match, etc. Now suddenly here they are together in front of the paps and I agree they both look so glum - particularly her, wonder why....

by Anonymousreply 41908/29/2011

r 419 it's a way to prove to his fan(atic) females that he is straight and has a girlfriend...mouahahaha...

by Anonymousreply 42008/29/2011

What a weird thread.

by Anonymousreply 42108/29/2011

Can someone please make a "Gale Harold in The Secret Circle" thread then?

by Anonymousreply 42208/29/2011

r422 go to IMDb....and good luck !

by Anonymousreply 42308/29/2011

I don't "do" IMDB, R423. There are threads for his other shows here, you know.

by Anonymousreply 42408/29/2011

You mean this pic, 419? lol%0D

by Anonymousreply 42508/30/2011

He looks unhappy not constipated!lol

by Anonymousreply 42608/30/2011

I think it's his patented "stop taking my fucking picture" face because it's just so hard to be an, at best, C-ListCleb on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 42708/30/2011

Yeah I mean exactly that pic R425 - he looks unbelievably stiff and constipated. Why look so miserable in pictures with his supposed girlfriend, wife, whoever the fuck she is? The most recent pics look really staged.

by Anonymousreply 42808/30/2011

I agree with R426 -- He looks unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 42908/30/2011

I agree 428 - Yara especially is very aware of being photographed - she even did her hair all pretty for the occasion!

by Anonymousreply 43008/31/2011

"it's just so hard to be an, at best, C-List Celeb on the CW"%0D %0D BWAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 43108/31/2011

Whatever, R427 and R431. I think, like the rest of us who are lucky even to have a half-decent job right now, he's just glad to be working.

by Anonymousreply 43208/31/2011

I would go with that R432 except for the fact that he once said the quality of the work is more important to him than the medium. Hellcats sure was quality LOL, and I'm sure the secret circle will be a real class show too.

by Anonymousreply 43308/31/2011

Yeah okay, R433 -- Your mom's calling you from upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 43408/31/2011

433 is right. If he really cared about the 'quality of the medium' why is he taking every shitty TV job he can get? I have much more respect for RH who is doing what he really loves - theater - and seems much happier than Gale.%0D %0D Here's a pic of Gale and Thea from the GLEH thing - he seems much happier with her..

by Anonymousreply 43508/31/2011

Yes, R435, he does seem happier there. By the expression on his face as well as hers -- and the way she's sidled up to him with her head on his shoulder, it's like she just whispered something amusing to him like, "Come on, Harold, let's sex up this photo."

That thought kind of reminds me of that Larry King interview when Randy, off stage, helps a who-can-blame-him-for-looking-uncomfortable Gale deal with Larry's stupid questions by whispering "I love you." Gale then looked much more chillaxed and couldn't stop smiling.

by Anonymousreply 43608/31/2011

Oh God! They're saying that Yara is preggers because...wait for it....she's wearing flat shoes!!

by Anonymousreply 43709/01/2011

Noooo! Fangirls are crazy.

I think it's more than likely he and Yara are a couple. I can't believe deluded fraus actually think he and Randy Harrison have some secret relationship LOL.

I guess he takes TV jobs where he can a. get paid, since we all have rent/mortgage and b. have some sort of control over the environment

by Anonymousreply 43809/01/2011

don't think she is his GF,they were photographed on 2-3 different occasions in 6 years? and he doesn't seem happy to be near her at all .he seems more happy with other co actors (Michelle,Ghea, the girl from POT and even male actors ) %0D In the last pics he looks annoyed to be with her while he did smiled and wave to the photographer..come on,to me she is just a wannabe who loves to be near other actors cuz who knows her anyway? %0D And no .it has nothing to do with Randy , I don't think he is gay but I don't think she is his GF either...she went visiting him when he had the accident ? I though Scott went every day ,if she was his GF she should have been there .%0D %0D %0D As for Hal ,I don't think he's an homophob ,it's not easy for him to play gay sex scenes and he's honest .I never hear about him implying other actors are gay

by Anonymousreply 43909/01/2011

It must be nice to be utterly unclouded by thought.

by Anonymousreply 44009/01/2011

" I can't believe deluded fraus actually think he and Randy Harrison have some secret relationship LOL."

You mean the deluded fanboys over here at DL, don't you? Only place I still see this brought up again and again.

by Anonymousreply 44109/01/2011

Yes and I am pretty sure it is brought up by deluded fraus who make a habit of stalking Harrison any time he is on stage and Harold on his rare stage appearances.

by Anonymousreply 44209/01/2011

People love the idea of them together and Gale's sexuality speculations just add to it ... as if he's in fact gay he only could be in love with Randy and not some other guys.%0D %0D I like Randy even if I don't like Justin too much ,I think they had a good chemistry but that's all

by Anonymousreply 44309/01/2011

I said this before and I'll say it again, if Gale is attracted to men--and I think he is at least to some extent--I'd put money down Randy isn't the type he's attracted to.

by Anonymousreply 44409/01/2011

It wouldn't surprise me if Gale Harold and Randy Harrison had messed around or more offscreen whilst drunk/high or not during the filming of QAF.

That is such old news now. I actually think he might well be bi, if not gay.

by Anonymousreply 44509/01/2011

The only flaw in that notion is the Latina actress Yara Martinez who has been around him for quite a few years now. Yes, they could be "just friends" or she could be his beard in those pix above but it is unlikely.

My guess is he looks unhappy in the papp pix in the link because he has always tried to at least guard his private life. She looks pissed because she knows how it will affect his mood for the rest of the afternoon.Logical, no?

by Anonymousreply 44609/01/2011

Except for the fact that Gale waved and smiled at the photog and he *knew* that the vancouver paps would be out and about because they've been pretty much stalking him ever since he's been in vancouver....he didn't have to go out in busy downtown vancouver with her, or he could have warned her not to come up to vancouver because of the paps if he was so guarded about his private life...

by Anonymousreply 44709/01/2011

R444 If the Michael Pitt and GH hook up rumors were true (On another thread on DL) then it would especially stand to reason that Randy could be his type. MP and RH are both pretty blond boy types (oh spare me the crap anyone about Randy's supposed "pug nose" lol)with blue eyes and within 4 years difference in age. Just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 44809/01/2011

I adore randy's nose! he's all kinds of adorable;)%0D %0D Here's a link to some more pap pics of Gale - this time going to the movies with his co-star brit robertson, and yes - he knew he was being photographed.%0D Seems much more relaxed in her presence than Yara's.

by Anonymousreply 44909/02/2011

reply 449%0D exactly...he seems happy,relaxed and they look like they were talking or something ,like friends or something ...with Yara the pics looks so odd

by Anonymousreply 45009/02/2011

r449 and r450 perhaps his girlfriend Yara is in Vancouver because of the pix of Gale and his much, much younger co-star going to the movies. After all, Yara met him on set...

by Anonymousreply 45109/02/2011

I think that's a bit of a stretch, 451!!%0D Besides, Britt has a boyfriend...%0D %0D Some more thoughts on the G/Y photos:%0D %0D "Who says Yara flew all the way to Vancouver just to see him? look at her she is all ready for some photos - its not a casual walk ...%0D %0D That's exactly what I thought! Look at how well she's curled her hair etc and she's hardly dressed down with a hat over her head like diane kruger in the other photos. She looks self-conscious too, like the way she's holding onto her bag and her head isn't moving from that postion where she's gazing to her left....she's very aware of the camera."

by Anonymousreply 45209/02/2011

R448, I think the Gale hooking up with Michael Pitt rumors are ridiculous. Just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 45309/02/2011

If every picture I have ever seen of Yara her hair is curled like that. But yes, I agree she is very aware of the camera and probably thrilled to bits. If you were an actor struggling to make it wouldn't you be?

Being with Gale is a big step up for her. He's A list in comparison to her.

by Anonymousreply 45409/02/2011

R543, yes it's easy to dismiss rumors, and I did say "if" the rumors are true, but in terms of 'types,' the fact is that for Randy's part, his last 2 boyfriends are similar in looks to Gale. The swimmer's build, dark eyed brunettes, Simon and Brian... Just sayin' again...

Something *could* have happened between Gale and Randy is my point. I'm not trying to say it was an epic love story like on the frau RPS fiction boards lol. But it's not too far fetched to think they at least hooked up a few times during 5 years of fake TV fucking wearing nothing but cock socks lol.

I'm curious what kind of guys you think would be more Gale's type then, if it's not the younger blonds?

by Anonymousreply 45509/02/2011

"Who says Yara flew all the way to Vancouver just to see him? look at her she is all ready for some photos - its not a casual walk ...%0D %0D ITA

by Anonymousreply 45609/02/2011

r455 Simon similar in look to Gale ? you need glasses, Simon is short, ugly body ( and face) ...Brian is tall like Gale that's all.

by Anonymousreply 45709/03/2011

Here's another pic of Gale and Yara - a group shot from the GLEH garden party back in 2009. %0D %0D Why don't I feel anything between these two? And why does the way Yara's sticking her leg out annoy me so? lol%0D %0D She's a gorgeous woman, but I kinda get the feeling that this relationship is convenient for both her and Gale...

by Anonymousreply 45809/03/2011

[quote]Why don't I feel anything between these two? And why does the way Yara's sticking her leg out annoy me so? lol

I think the fact that she is probably Gale Harold's partner is actually what annoys you so. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 45909/03/2011

If Gale is so private and doesn't want to be shown with his real girlfriend(or boyfriend) he sure wouldn't have taken pictures with her on the 2009 event..or be cool to have the recent pics taken .just saying

by Anonymousreply 46009/03/2011

"She's a gorgeous woman, but I kinda get the feeling that this relationship is convenient for both her and Gale..."%0D %0D I agree r458

by Anonymousreply 46109/03/2011

I think the fact that she is probably Gale Harold's partner is actually what annoys you so. Seek help.%0D %0D Alas! I'm not a deluded fangirl who thinks I have a chance in hell with any celeb I have a crush on, and did you not read the part where I said I think Yara is GORGEOUS?!%0D %0D I'm simply saying that from the pictures of the 2 of them together I'm not getting any chemistry etc.

by Anonymousreply 46209/04/2011

The Gale paparazzi/stalkers in Vancouver are at it again:%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 46309/04/2011

R463 That fangirl taking the pictures in your link is batshit crazy. I don't blame Gale in the least for being "a little testy" or whatever she said. When ever these crazed fangirls or so called interviewers with a dumb website ask about his work he is always nice and obliging. But they mainly don't want that.

He told her he didn't really want to sign an autograph or whatever, but she kept on and so he did. Then, she has to go and still sneak pictures literally behind his back when he had issues with his car and getting his key to work in his hotel etc. etc.

What a loon!!

by Anonymousreply 46409/04/2011

Gale is obviously into ethnic-looking women (and men?), so regardless of whether or not he likes to get drunk/high and hook up with guys, Randy would NOT be his "type."

Randy, on the other hand, would probably be attracted to Gale physically but isn't self-loathing enough to obsess over a straight guy. Plus after the 8 years he devoted to Simon, he now seems more into the twinky type. Once you hit a certain age, you start liking them young...

by Anonymousreply 46509/04/2011

R465, Well I appreciate your answer although I disagree on pretty much everything, especially that I don't think Gale would have to be drunk/high to hook up with guys if he is into them -- which I think he certainly is. Although of course one wonders what it is he is trying to "resist" as tattooed on his middle finger. "I don't talk about that" he has said in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 46609/04/2011

So, basically Gale has been pissed at every photographer except the one who took pics of him and Yara who he 'smiled and waved' at?

by Anonymousreply 46709/04/2011

Gale is straight. Maybe slightly bi, but straight in his personal life.%0D

by Anonymousreply 46809/04/2011

straight in his personal life ...you mean fucks only his male co-stars ???

by Anonymousreply 46909/04/2011

469 LMAO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47009/05/2011

I still say he looks much happier with Britt than he does with Yara....

by Anonymousreply 47109/05/2011

I love you, R469!

by Anonymousreply 47209/05/2011

I also love you, R467!

by Anonymousreply 47309/05/2011

"A friend of ours (and another Vancouver paparazzi) was out on the town doing some shopping today and noticed (among many of the celebrities out for the weekend) Gale Harold out on the town with a lady friend. He gave @gettinmyhateon a wave and a smile and kept on walking. He seemed to be enjoying his day in the sun and his company."%0D %0D Doesn't look like he's enjoying the sun *or* the company in these photos! lol

by Anonymousreply 47409/06/2011

straight in his personal life ...you mean fucks only his male co-stars ???%0D %0D Bwahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 47509/06/2011

The chick in R474 is so obviously his gf. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 47609/06/2011

If you say so, 476!

by Anonymousreply 47709/07/2011

Yes, she is obviously girlfriend - no matter how many posts from deluded fraus who wish Gale was gay or fucking Randy Harrison - because that would be a reason for them not loving them hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 47809/07/2011

What the fuck are you talking about R478???

by Anonymousreply 47909/07/2011

I am talking about the posts from fraus about the linked pics that show Gale Harold and his girlfriend Yara Martinez inVancouver.

That's what the fuck I am talking about, OK?

by Anonymousreply 48009/07/2011

Oh right - even though you actually think he might be bi or gay yourself R480 - or were you just being a deluded frau??

by Anonymousreply 48109/07/2011

Missing from my post which you were so smart to post from were the words hell, I think he's fricking omnisexual, pansexual even.

When I trolldared you look what evidence I found of deluded frauness; a tad overinvested, no?:

[quote]It is strange [R415] and I said so in my post at 409. Last picture they had taken together was at the GLEh event 2009 and he looked almost constipated in the picture. She seemed to disappear for over a year and a half after the OD play and wasn't present at any of his plays, football match, etc. Now suddenly here they are together in front of the paps and I agree they both look so glum - particularly her, wonder why....

by Anonymousreply 48209/07/2011

Aren't we all a little over-invested? Otherwise we wouldn't be here!

by Anonymousreply 48309/08/2011

As I only just discovered this site, I'm not sure what a "frau" is, but it seems to be a derogatory term of the highest order (maybe sexist AND heterophobic in one go).

Anyways ... the evidence, such as it is, suggests that GH and Yara ARE a couple. None of us *really* knows, but why not go with the most likely option, rather than indulge in loopy conspiracy theories. If I took this site as always presenting the Gospel truth, every attractive actor in Hollywood would be gay.

On the other hand ... if I had to stake my life on it I'd go for: GH identifies as heterosexual but has bi tendencies, and probably has had substantial experience playing for both sides. And, who knows, may have hooked up with RH once, but before anyone jumps on me - yes that was the dark ages.

GH sure looked mighty convincing in those QAF sex scenes. Before anyone says "but that was great acting" ... methinks his sex scenes were the most convincing aspect of his acting by far (not to say he wasn't good otherwise mind).

by Anonymousreply 48409/08/2011

On the other hand ... if I had to stake my life on it I'd go for: GH identifies as heterosexual but has bi tendencies, and probably has had substantial experience playing for both sides.%0D %0D All of the above is true. He's been with men when he lived in the area called the Castro in San Francisco. But he's also been with women as well. He was with Kim Bingham a few years ago and now he's with Yara. And yes, I believe they're together despite what others think.

by Anonymousreply 48509/08/2011

Did you read that in this thread? I really don't think that's true about Gale doing guys when he lived in the Castro area. This is what someone posted:%0D %0D No, [R57] I'm not kidding about Gale. This was when he was living in the Castro in SF. So it was before QAF. A friend of mine introduced me to him and we ended up hooking up a couple of times. I didn't know who he was at the time. It was only years later when I saw him on QAF that I realized it was him.

by Anonymousreply 48609/09/2011

More discussion about Gale over here:%0D

by Anonymousreply 48709/12/2011

Omg. Ugh, he's straight and with that useless cunt Whatchamacallit Martinez..who even knows who she is? It would've been a great career advancement had he picked up someone like Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 48809/14/2011

R488 You don't get anything! Gale wouldn't need an actress to "advance his career" -- it would be as a beard if he were gay! What kind of rock have you been living under? Gale may not be gay, but he may not be straight either. All many of us are saying here is that the thread title and premise of the pic of he and Yara walking in the pap zone of Vancouver with their arms around each other doesn't prove he's straight like the thread claims!

by Anonymousreply 48909/14/2011

Oh this is not the other thread -- ignore my points about the title. I got confused as some frau troll is posting the same stuff on 3 Gale threads! Just fuck off already troll!

by Anonymousreply 49009/14/2011

Wow...just wow. I've just read this entire thread (stuck in bed, sick), and all I have to say is that it's fairly entertaining how such a small discussion has blown up into a full out brawl about someone's personal life. Come on people...put yourself in their shoes. If you were a celebrity trying to make a living, would you lot want everyone talking about whether or not you're gay/bi or straight? Digging into their privacy. Also, just because a person stars in films, makes money, and has a 'celebrity' status doesn't make them any less human than the rest of us. I think it takes loads of courage to put yourself out there like they do...having everyone criticize and scrutinize them continually. Actors and actresses are perfectly privy to their own privacy and we as fellow people should respect that. I understand that becoming a film star means being in the 'limelight' but in all honesty, sometimes actors/actresses just like acting...not the fame that it brings. People are people...actors are no different than we are and I think their private lives should be respected as such. I'm stepping off my soapbox here...bye.

by Anonymousreply 49110/14/2011

If I was a celebrity who "didn't want everyone talking about whether I'm gay, bi or straight" I wouldn't choose to do a cable series in which my character is gay and constantly tricking as well as pretty much naked a lot of the time. I wouldn't make comments in interviews that I actually wanted to play the character "much dirtier."

The question about an actor's identity is asked by interviewers in the media. Yes it shouldn't be, but it always is. If I'm an actor playing a gay part, especially a "groundbreaking" one in terms of overt sexuality and nudity for the character I KNOW I'm going to be asked by the MEDIA whether I'm gay or straight.

If I then refuse to answer, then answer, but with 'extras' such as asking for the tape recorder to be turned off before "grudingly revealing I'm straight" well, OF COURSE, I deserve people to wonder about my sexuality. (Especially if I'm really beautiful by both womens' and mens' standards!)

So, no need at all for a "soapbox" -- use it for threads like the other stupid, illogical one "proof Gale is straight" when in reality it's not proof and we don't know.

Let's just shut up about his sexual orientation whatever it may be and enjoy HIM as an actor!

by Anonymousreply 49210/15/2011

Hal Sparks deserves a 493 post thread?

by Anonymousreply 49310/15/2011

r493 a cursory glance would at the thread would tell you most of the discussion is about Gale Harold and/or Randy Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 49410/16/2011

Exactly R493. Lot's of obsessed fanfraus have been keeping this shit going forever. Another one is the "Proof Gale Harold is straight" thread.

The fanfraus come here in droves to sniff out ANY scrap of info they can on their favorite mo's, Gale Harold and Randy Harrison. They keep bumping the threads in the desperate hope that a DL'er has some inside info.

Lots of great gossip threads have been deleted, yet this crap survives.

by Anonymousreply 49510/16/2011

[quote]Let's just shut up about his sexual orientation whatever it may be and enjoy HIM as an actor!

well, not so much to discuss in that department, alas! if the secret circle crap is suggested.. so, thanks, but no thanks

by Anonymousreply 49610/18/2011

and then what's your deal here in this crap, R495?

by Anonymousreply 49710/18/2011

A certain female's presence in Vancouver was not Gale's idea. That's why the "glummy chumminess."

Hypothetically, if one person in an on-again, off-again relationship wants to make things permanent and is pressuring the other (who doesn't want to make it permanent),there probably will be discord.

by Anonymousreply 49810/19/2011

Isn't this actual gossip and should it not be on the Gale Harold thread about the photos? I'll repost it there...

And r498 tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 49910/19/2011

R499 How do you know this? Tell us more! Are Yara and Gale friends with benefits or something?

by Anonymousreply 50010/20/2011

tell us more

by Anonymousreply 50110/21/2011

yeah! you can't just tease us like that!

by Anonymousreply 50210/21/2011

Someone posted something simillar over on the IMDB board. Probably the same person

by Anonymousreply 50311/02/2011

I really think all are gay. With all the positions, kissing and touching theres no way a guy is that good an actor. No offense but if not gay then bi.

by Anonymousreply 50412/04/2011

where are now those individuals who claimed randy and gale were in a relationship?? I really accept that gale is with yara and randy with that other boy from new york, but to know that they were really togeher at one point... it would be enough for me :)

by Anonymousreply 50512/14/2011

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

by Anonymousreply 50612/22/2011

I may be a bit late to this "discussion," but as someone who's acted, I can put a lot of Gale Harold's comments to him wanting to do as good a job as possible in his profession. So he wanted Brian to be dirtier and have a gold tooth - anyone think Johnny Depp's (now permanent) gold teeth was too much? It was for the character. If Gal didn't want to say he was gay, straight, or rhomboid, it was for the character. That's his *art*, people, his *profession*, his *livelihood.* He's going to give it everything and anything he's got, because he commits, he thinks, and he invests in his character. Whatever his sexuality, whether he and Randy got it on, got it off, whether Yara is his soulmate or his beard, it doesn't matter. It's not our business. Our business is buying the performance he sells. I buy it, whether it's Particles of Truth, Wanted, or Fertile Ground (silly movie). Everything else, he's trying to keep a blank canvas so that *nothing* detracts from the performance. *That's* talent, *that's* commitment, and that's *all* that's our business.

Oh, and to keep this on topic: I think Hal Sparks is a pretty talentless twat. :)

by Anonymousreply 50706/15/2012

I want confirmations.

by Anonymousreply 50806/15/2012

Hal is so, so very. I wish he would dispense with the preliminary. Oh so much for subtlety, I can't wait for him to get his hands on me.

by Anonymousreply 50906/15/2012

Any shirtless pics of him?

by Anonymousreply 51006/17/2012

So now, after Cologne, he doesn't hate Harrison anymore?

by Anonymousreply 51106/17/2012

r511 i was so astonished to find that Randy and Hal chatted happily in some German Con photos. It seems they two are find now.

by Anonymousreply 51208/13/2012

Harrison probably thinks that Harold is just as big a tool as Sparks does.

by Anonymousreply 51308/13/2012

Sparks is now on the Disney Channel's Lab Rats!

by Anonymousreply 51408/13/2012

Does anyone else remember him as extremely homophobic on Talk Soup? I used to hate him so much I'd fantasize about beating the little shrimp up. Alicia Tyler was his replacement and she was such an improvement, completely gay-friendly. It surprised me he ended up on QAF, but he did put it down (to get the part, all you had to do is show up) and made the dog comment. He's not funny and I think he's a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 51508/13/2012

As to the initial question about Hal, some of Gale Harold’s fans go bonkers about Hal. They rehash and rehash the past trying to make people think he has continually dissed Gale for the last 10 years and they make mountains out of mole hills. Plus, they think they know Gale, the man who is so guarded you can’t make any sense out of the little he does say, better than Hal does when Hal worked and lived with him. Maybe Hal has been blunt about some things and maybe he has some unusual ideas or maybe he's also misunderstood, whatever, their hostility toward Hal is way way over the top and never ending. Why do they take any of this so personally? I guess since Gale’s career is going nowhere fast they need to take it out on someone.

by Anonymousreply 51610/03/2012

Would be nice to see any QAF alumni show up on Glee or The New Normal

by Anonymousreply 51710/03/2012

[516] Because most of the times he says bullshit about Gale: "That anyone in the industry would let you do anything other than follow brand directly and end up on a sitcom or something is bizarre. You could disappear for 4 years like Gale Harold (Brian Kinney on ’Queer As Folk’) did and come back to do movies." When did he disappear for 4 years? And why Hal always has to mention him and not in a good way?

by Anonymousreply 51810/04/2012

Making a big deal out of that is crazy! Why are you so personally incensed? Why do you give a shit?

by Anonymousreply 51910/04/2012

doesn't seem incensed to me. But in very interview, Hal always brings up Gale at some point. He seems obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 52010/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!