Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Princess Victoria of sweden - Royal wedding

She actually looks really nice in that outfit. It's more stylish than the usual frockage worn by royals (see Diana wedding gown horror). And she and Daniel seem genuinely in love. Letizia of Spain has an obvious eating disorder. She's like a concentration camp victim. Look at her arms! She looks unhappy too. I bet her marriage to Felipe was arranged in the first place. Why didn't the king of Spain, Juan Carlos, come to the wedding?? Madeleine is so beautiful. So is her brother. Albert of Monaco is a fat, ugly pig.

by Anonymousreply 24312/07/2012

Monarchies are funny.

by Anonymousreply 306/19/2010

by Anonymousreply 406/19/2010

thanks OP: all those pics and the funny, witty article that you linked really made my day!

by Anonymousreply 506/19/2010

Am I the only thinking that the groom pings? Victoria is very simpatica.

by Anonymousreply 606/19/2010

Here's a link. It's a Flemish newspaper but it's only pictures no text.

by Anonymousreply 706/19/2010

getty images link

by Anonymousreply 806/19/2010

Thanks, r4.

The dress is beautiful and they DO look like they're madly in love; in one pic, it looks like she's wiping a tear from his cheek.

Prince Carl Philip is so un-fucking-believably gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 906/19/2010

She has Cloris Leachman hands.

by Anonymousreply 1006/19/2010

The gown is deadly dull, but the veil and crown are stunning! Seriously, why wear a gown that dire? Does the princess have such a nothing figure that all she has to show off is her neck?

Check out the royal barge, though (pic 10). I'd marry anything for that.

by Anonymousreply 1106/19/2010

i think the groom is hot in a nerdy way!

oh, and i'm sure these bitches post on DL

by Anonymousreply 1206/19/2010

Love the pic of our Queen Beatrix, I think it was #17 on the Flemish link. She's such a fierce bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1306/19/2010

Victoria was the one who had the most pronounced eating disorder. In the last 10 years, anyway. Long thought to be a lez; love seeing her looking healthy.

by Anonymousreply 1406/19/2010

The wedding is very beautiful and Victoria's dress is very elegant. I would have loved to be in that small boat with them.

by Anonymousreply 1506/19/2010

I'll be there in 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 1606/19/2010

Small weddings are so adorable

by Anonymousreply 1706/19/2010

I'd skip a wedding but go on a honeymoon with her hunky brother.

by Anonymousreply 1806/19/2010

[quote]Long thought to be a lez; love seeing her looking healthy.

Can she even be a lesbian? What would happen if she was one? I don't think they would let her live her life with a woman, no matter how 'relaxed' these royals seem to be.

by Anonymousreply 1906/19/2010

Oops! I just posted about this in another thread, didn't even see this one. He pings hard, what's his story?

by Anonymousreply 2006/19/2010

That raises an interesting question, r19. Are there any royals that are openly gay?

Same-sex marriage is legal in Sweden (other countries with royals that allow same-sex weddings or civil partnerships: UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Portugal), so, technically, a prince or princess could marry a person of the same sex in those countries. I don't see why it would be frowned upon.

by Anonymousreply 2106/19/2010

I thought she called off the wedding because he cheated?

by Anonymousreply 2206/19/2010

OMG, R12. Looks like a nursing home for drag queens.

And Rumor Willis might have competition with this Victoria person.

by Anonymousreply 2306/19/2010

I thought so too r22. Was it true that he did cheat?

by Anonymousreply 2406/19/2010

We just got back from watching the celebrations around town. Victoria looked glorious (the five seconds I got a glimpse of her when she passed in the carriage) and they look madly in love! She thanked the Swedish people "who gave me my Prince". *sniff*

What has happened to Queen Rania of Jordan? She is always the most stylish of them all, but today she looked like she has escaped from a drag show. Horrible hair, horrible tiara, veeeery thin.

Victoria's brother Carl-Philip is bisexual. It's an open secret (lot of gay man in that family), but it is out of the question for him to be open with it. He has had a longtime girlfriend who he broke up with last year and now he is dating a pin-up model.

by Anonymousreply 2506/19/2010

R24: Gossip says that Madeleine cheated with Henrik Lundqvist, the NHL player in New York Rangers first. It was after that that her boyfriend was unfaithful with a norwegian model.

Latest gossip is that Jonas Bergkvist has made a colleague pregnant and that was what finally destroyed his relationship with princess Madeleine.

by Anonymousreply 2606/19/2010

Ah so the whole cheating thing wasn't with Princess Victoria then.

by Anonymousreply 2706/19/2010

R27: No, Victoria and Daniel seem to have been faithful and madly in love for eight years now.

by Anonymousreply 2806/19/2010

Streaming, with incredibly in depth analysis

by Anonymousreply 2906/19/2010

I love her wedding dress. Very classic.

He seems like a Clark Kent.

by Anonymousreply 3006/19/2010

Where is there any info on Victoria being a lez? I've googled it and not coming up with anything.

by Anonymousreply 3106/19/2010

R31: No lez rumours around Victoria or Madeleine.

by Anonymousreply 3206/19/2010

King Juan Carlos of Spain just had surgery to remove a lump located in the lung. He is ok, but I think the doctors told him not to travel. Also, the Spanish Royal House usually sends the Crown Couple to those events, not usually the king (even though the Queen did attend the wedding). Another version (which is very true) is that he cannot stand Letizia at all, and they practically have no communication between them.

Also, a Spanish newspaper (El Mundo) once hinted that Letizia might have an eating disorder and were harshly censured by the Spanish royal house to the point that no news media would dare to hint at that again. There is a lot of censorship in Spain regarding their royal family.

by Anonymousreply 3306/19/2010

R33: any gossip about the state of prince Philippe's and Letizia's wedding? There has never been any chemistry between them and they don't look happy together at all.

by Anonymousreply 3406/19/2010

There is really no chemistry and it has a lot to do with the personality of Letizia versus that of Felipe. Felipe is a very mellow guy and Letizia is very dominating and egocentric. (By the way, I follow closely Spaniard news particularly that of the Royal Family, and what I just said is what everyone in Spain is noticing.) Another point is that Felipe after his marriage has distance himself from his own family (his two sisters in particular) and the rest of the other Royal Family. You will see that both Felipe and Leticia stayed together during the whole ceremony while the other Royal couples mingle amongst themselves. Letizia is trying to consolidate her presence in Spain (since the monarchy is NOT secure since a lot of people are Republicans or Juancarlistas ei. Like King Juan Carlos but not Felipe), and by doing that she coming out as someone who is very insecure and controlling. Also, Felipe and Letizia are starting to have vacations separated (She alone in Switzerland and Portugal, while Felipe is... who knows where).

by Anonymousreply 3506/19/2010

Why is it only Fags and Fraus are obsessed with royalty?

by Anonymousreply 3606/19/2010

R35: Thanks for the excellent gossip! I thought that Felipe looked much happier when he was with his ex girlfriend, Eva Sannum. They were a great couple and he looked genuinely happy when he was with her. I feel sorry for him that he ended up with that anorectic sour-puss Letizia.

by Anonymousreply 3706/19/2010

and yet you posted on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 3806/19/2010

You people are confusing pinging with a severe case of Euroface.

by Anonymousreply 3906/19/2010

Yes, he was very happy with Eva but his parents didn't like her because she was a lingerie model. Rumors has it that the King didn't like Letizia (still doesn't) but Felipe said he would renounced his rights as crown prince if he wasn't allowed to marry Letizia.

by Anonymousreply 4006/19/2010

What is the royal line for the Spanish royal family? How far back and all that?

by Anonymousreply 4106/19/2010

Is Letizia popular in Spain?

Everytime I think of the Spanish Royal family I remember that line from Ab Fab: "Aren't they the ones that look like potatoes?"

by Anonymousreply 4206/19/2010

1700 according to Wikipedia with overthrows and restorations.

by Anonymousreply 4306/19/2010

She is adored by the media (she is an ex journalist) but not well liked by the people. She is very close to the news media conglomerate because she knows first hand the power they hold.

by Anonymousreply 4406/19/2010

My partner and I had crowns fashioned for our commitment ceremony. It was romantic to place a crown on each other's head. Our little dog, Jacqueline, had a crown of her own as well.

by Anonymousreply 4506/19/2010

Barbara Cook could be a stand-in for Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.

by Anonymousreply 4606/19/2010

Crown Prince Frederik is another hot royal. I'd like to be a sandwich between Prince Carl Philip and C.P. Frederik.

by Anonymousreply 4706/19/2010

What the hell happened to Prince Albert? He's become fat and fugly now.

Prince Joakim of Denmark is not bad looking either.

by Anonymousreply 4806/19/2010

Ugh.. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 4906/19/2010

I think the Swedish royal family is very attractive.

I would love more Letizia dirt. I think she's hot I had no idea she was bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 5006/19/2010

Prince Carl was Crown Prince until they decided to change the laws and allow first born women to become Queen. You think since the law was already in place when he was born they would have waited for the next round of children instead of letting Karen Carpenter become Queen.

by Anonymousreply 5106/19/2010

Victoria is far more beautiful than Madeleine, despite the jaw (which is smaller in real life - the pics do her real life face no justice).

She has finer features, is more regal looking, and today, she was simply radiant. She looked stunning.

She is also a warm and friendly person, unlike Maddy, who overdressed for the wedding -- attention seeker that she is.

Btw, r39 completely nailed it. There's nothing remotely gay about the hubby. Only Americans would think he pinged.

The hotter royal, imo, is Crown Prince Haakon of Norway.

by Anonymousreply 5206/19/2010

Here's a link that explains who everyone is in English.

by Anonymousreply 5306/19/2010

r51 that happened when Carl Phillip was a year old or so. It's not as if he'd been expecting it and they took it away from him. Sweden is very into gender equality, they wanted to banish the old semi-Salic style of succession where the males inherited first regardless of birth order.

The Swedish bishops threw a fit last month when Victoria announced that she wanted her father (the King) to give her away in church - Swedish couples traditionally walk down the wedding aisle together and have disdained the Anglo-American style of a father "giving the bride away". They said it was "not Swedish" and devalued gender equality! The compromise was that Victoria and her father met the groom halfay up the aisle, and they continued on together.

by Anonymousreply 5406/19/2010

I also loved the wedding gown. It was elegant, and not dull. Beautiful ivory colour, too.

by Anonymousreply 5506/19/2010

Queen Beatrix looks like the Quacker Factory Lady on QVC.

by Anonymousreply 5606/19/2010

He's not William and she's not Kate. Wake me up when a couple worth gushing over gets married.

by Anonymousreply 5706/19/2010

Since Victoria has suffered through eating disorders throughout her life, is she capable of carrying a baby (heir or heiress to the throne) to full term?

by Anonymousreply 5806/19/2010

R53 Thank you for that link. And thanks R 41 for the link regarding King Carlos. So - he is loosly a Capet - which go as far back as the 11th century -even further I think - in France.

I love the photos of Victoria. I love what she wore in all the photos. That girl has Grace Kelly style. I hope we see more of her.

I think England changed their rule for who inherits the title too. If William has a girl born first, she will become Queen.

by Anonymousreply 5906/19/2010

So did ABBA get over themselves and show up?

by Anonymousreply 6006/19/2010

The UK hasn't changed its succession laws yet, boys still get the throne 1st. however if William's 1st-born is a girl I believe they may change that law (and the horrible one on the books that bans any Roman Catholics or any heirs married to Roman Catholics from inheriting as well).

alas ABBA didn't show but Bjorn & Benny are good friends of the King and I believe were invited to the wedding today.

by Anonymousreply 6106/19/2010

I love royal wedding. But honestly, Prince Carl Philip should be on the way to being king. That law about the first born should not apply to him. Prince Carl Philp is far too good-looking to be out of the running. Love live King Carl Philip!

by Anonymousreply 6206/19/2010

Who is Prince Albert's girlfriend? Does anyone know what's going to happen in Monaco if Albert doesn't have a child? I know he has an out of wedlock boy with some woman but I understand he can't inherit the throne. Does Caroline's son get it or does Monaco go back to France?

by Anonymousreply 6306/19/2010

his gf is some woman named Charlene that he's dated for ages, but for some reason won't marry. Oddly enough, she was his "date" to the wedding today in Stockhol; in the past, most royalty attending the weddings of other royalty didn't bring "dates", only spouses or official fiancees could accompany them. Times apparently have changed.

Albert's two illegitimate kids cannot inherit his title or "throne" although they can inherit his money (he's loaded). When Albert dies, his leadership of Monaco passes to Caroline (if she's still alive); after her it will go to her eldest Casirhagi son. This unless Albert marries and has a legitimate child of his own.

by Anonymousreply 6406/19/2010

She married a fitness trainer?

by Anonymousreply 6506/19/2010

Does that gorgeous Prince Carl Philip have a boyfriend or a girlfriend? Damn, he's handsome.

by Anonymousreply 6606/19/2010

Isn't Prince Carl Phillip dating a reality TV star? A female reality TV star, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 6706/19/2010

J'adore Beatrix!

by Anonymousreply 6806/19/2010

What is supposed to be in r25's link?

I want more gay/bi gossip about Carl Philip....

by Anonymousreply 6906/19/2010

[quote]My partner and I had crowns fashioned for our commitment ceremony. It was romantic to place a crown on each other's head. Our little dog, Jacqueline, had a crown of her own as well.

by Anonymousreply 7006/19/2010

"She actually looks really nice in that outfit. It's more stylish than the usual frockage worn by royals (see Diana wedding gown horror)."

Yes, Diana's gown was a monstrosity. It was very of it's period, the eighties: too damn much of everything. The damn thing had a 25 ft. long train! The carriage she rode to the church in was small, and the train and gown got crushed and wrinkled by the time she got there. The dress was a disaster, just like the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 7106/19/2010

R71, few people acknowledge that the train to Fergie's dress was even longer than Diana's! And her marriage was even more disastrous!!

by Anonymousreply 7206/19/2010

The best Betty can do is send that useless son Edward and his notorious wife along? She must really hate these people.

Isn't the Crown Prince of Norway married to a former single mother who was on the dole? Letizia is a divorced tramp whose first marriage the Catholic Church managed to overlook because it was civil and, therefore, 'didn't count'. Frederick of Denmark married some real estate agent from Australia. And Victoria's husband was a personal trainer.

Seriously, does Royalty have any standards any more?

by Anonymousreply 7306/19/2010

Was Luann invited?

by Anonymousreply 7406/19/2010

I don't think the citizens of those countries care. In Spain, for example, they have used Letizia (white wash) background to say that the monarchy is becoming 'more like the people and closer to it's citizens' and not just for people of privileges.

The only royal people marrying other royal people are of dead monarchies because they need the wealth and connections (like the current French dukes, etc).

by Anonymousreply 7506/19/2010

The couple looks so in love and happy. Does anyone know what Daniel does (or should I say did)?

by Anonymousreply 7606/19/2010

It's very telling that a former anorexic ended up marrying a fitness trainer.

by Anonymousreply 7706/19/2010

Isn't Frida of ABBA friends with the Swedish royal family?

by Anonymousreply 7806/20/2010

She has wonderful posture. And the Swedish Royals certainly have good genes. All very attractive

by Anonymousreply 7906/20/2010

It's hilarious to see all of those old fat fucks in their military uniforms with the medals. You just know the extent of their military service was getting the clap from a Navy nurse.

by Anonymousreply 8006/20/2010

LOL R70.

OK, who can explain all those medals and star pins all the royals wear?

by Anonymousreply 8106/20/2010

[quote]ew people acknowledge that the train to Fergie's dress was even longer than Diana's!

That's because it wasn't. Most people are smarter than you.

by Anonymousreply 8206/20/2010

Daniel Westling looks about ten times better WITH the glasses.

by Anonymousreply 8306/20/2010

She is smiling in EVERY photo. I've never seen anyone look so happy.

by Anonymousreply 8406/20/2010

The couple looks so in love! I would kill for her pink dress at the the top of the livejournal link.

by Anonymousreply 8506/20/2010

Swedes in general are the best looking in Scandinavia. The royal family are fug compared to its people.

The royal wedding was awesome and outbeated the Danish and Norwegian Royal weddings.

by Anonymousreply 8606/20/2010

Europe is so irrelevant. Lets talk about Obama!

by Anonymousreply 8706/20/2010

WHAT a stunning staged royal wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When that gilded royal barge arrived at the palace I almost died and went to heaven!!! Those lavendar orb flower arrangements on the balustrades. Fucking GORGEOUS. And then when they walked through to the city side for the concert under the balcony: so well done!

A few tidits:

1. The amazing cameo tiara Victoria wore is Napoleonic.

2. Benny Anderson (ex ABBA) wrote the fantastic special song "Resting blissfully in your arms" that occurs after the vows. The lyrics are fabulous. I've attached a link to a video of the song: it's the first up in the video.

This the first I've heard that Carl Philip is bisexual. Any more gossip? He's a wet dream!

by Anonymousreply 8806/20/2010

The groom's fantastic speech:

by Anonymousreply 8906/20/2010

The beautifully decorated watergate at the palace. Very Cecil B. DeMille!

by Anonymousreply 9006/20/2010

Close up of their arrival at palace. God I love those flowers.

by Anonymousreply 9106/20/2010

The royal barge on its way to the palace.

I wish I could find some shots of the soldiers and sailors. There was also a dark haired courtier standing behind the king at the banquet who was a wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 9206/20/2010

R88: Carl-Philip went to a posh boarding school in Sweden and a friend's sister was there at the same time. According to her, it was well known and accepted at the school that CP was bisexual. After he graduated, there were rumours that he was having an affair with a Swedish singer, Peter Jöback, and some people say that they even made out in public in a nightclub in Stockholm. That was in the 90's so internet and internet gossip was not big at all here. Luckily for the prince. And the press didn't write about it, of course.

Shortly after that, Carl-Philip has a new girlfriend, who is a commoner from a normal Swedish family and - she is allowed to move in with him, be seen with him on parties, is invited to the royal family and so on. That is usually something that takes _years_, but it seems that the royal family was willing to accept anything to stop the rumours.

Funny thing, Peter Jöback and his male partner/husband was invited to the wedding and were seen on tv on their way to the dance floor. ;) I think it's because PJ sang at the royal concert and all artists who did that were invited.

by Anonymousreply 9306/20/2010

Damn, why wasn't this royal wedding televised? These grand affairs make for great TV. And they're so much better than anything else on television.

Abd that Swedish Royal Family win the Miss Photogenic contest hands down, especially His Hotness Prince Carl Philip.

by Anonymousreply 9406/20/2010

I only saw one photo of Prince Nikolaos of Greece and his fiancee. I'm assuming Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece attended as well.

by Anonymousreply 9506/20/2010

Nice Swedish and sister.

by Anonymousreply 9606/20/2010

Yay, sailors!

Boarding the royal barge for the trip to the palace...

by Anonymousreply 9706/20/2010

Thanks for the dish R93. I was wondering who that hammy simpering singer at the Royal Concert was. Now after Googling his name from your post, I made the connection. Peter Joback really is TERRIBLE! And anyone who sings 'She' in 2010 needs to be taken out back and fed to the lions.

by Anonymousreply 9806/20/2010

R33, maybe if he married Eva he would be happy now, but I'm sure he wasn't allowed to by his parents. Such a shame.

Sure, our crown princess Mette Marit is far from perfect, but she's doing a great job and she's very much liked by the Norwegian people. The king and queen let their kids marry out of love, as it should be. Though our princess Martha Louise is kinda crazy and married an author or romani heritage. He is also crazy. Thank god she is not first in line to inherit the crown. And also, little princess Ingrid Alexandra looked pretty today. Her first big event. Too cute!

Anyway.. Here's a pic of Spain's crown prince Felipe and Eva. They broke it up shortly after this event.

by Anonymousreply 9906/20/2010

R94: It was televised and the Swedish broadcasting company has made the material to viewers all over the world on their webpage - you can watch it all over again there. Also check all the clips on Aftonbladet and Expressen.

R99: MM is doing a great job and I wonder what has happended to her the last months. She used to look really dull and boring but now she's got a great wardrobe, fabulous hair and looks like a movie star. Has she got a new stylist or something? We saw her in Stockholm this week and she is even better looking in person btw. Stunning!

by Anonymousreply 10006/20/2010

@r96, Too bad that Victoria's genes got fucked up. That woman is fug.

by Anonymousreply 10106/20/2010

Mette Marit is also a really nice person. I met her several times in the 90's, before she met Crown Prince Haakon. She used to hang around Copenhagen a lot and just have a great time with her Danish and Norwegian friends.

by Anonymousreply 10206/20/2010

Anyone who dates Prince Albert is after the money. He's just a big fat ol blob - totally unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 10306/20/2010

Yeah, R100. I noticed that myself. She looked spectacular at the wedding! She has always been beautiful, not movie actress beautiful perhaps, but more naturally beautiful, if that makes any sense. She usually dresses really nice too. Though I must admit that she has looked especially gorgeous the last few months. Maybe she did hire a new stylist! lol.

by Anonymousreply 10406/20/2010

[quote]Anyone who dates Prince Albert is after the money. He's just a big fat ol blob - totally unattractive.

Hard not to think so. That girl he is with has a had a great makeover methinks. The gown she's wearing is phenomenal, and her sculpted hair is superb.

by Anonymousreply 10506/20/2010

The family spent millions of dollars while their country is suffering financially, and then they mucked up a lucrative deal to televise the wedding to the world.

Mark my words: It won't last more than 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 10606/20/2010

The bride is absolutely gorgeous. The groom adorable. This is a royal wedding that actually looks like a fantasy of a royal wedding. Simple, elegant.

by Anonymousreply 10706/20/2010

Q.: Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

A.: No, we can barely fit him in a piano crate.

by Anonymousreply 10806/20/2010

Queen Margarethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark look like they'll get drunk at home after the ceremony and joke about which of the other guests were complete cunts.

They look like they'd be a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 10906/20/2010

No members of the Greek royal family?

They seem to show up at everything.

by Anonymousreply 11006/20/2010

Wait...they were there.

But where it the Crown Princess?

Still at the airport for some duty-free shopping?

by Anonymousreply 11106/20/2010

The Greek royals were there but not the crown prince and crown princess. Haven't read why.

Queen Anne-Marie is first cousin with the Swedish king so they are invited to everything.

by Anonymousreply 11206/20/2010

Queen Anne-Marie!

by Anonymousreply 11306/20/2010

My sister (the psychologist from the Seinfeld thread) went to Amherst with Prince Albert. According to her, he was a very nice man. When our parents went to Europe for their 25th anniversary, Albert arranged for them to have dinner with his father (which was a big thrill for my mother).

He used to be a great athlete. That whole family is dysfunctional. But unless he has lost his character with his waistline, it's possible his girlfriend loves him because he's a good man.

by Anonymousreply 11406/20/2010

Most interesting gossip all day r114. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 11506/20/2010

Helena Cassidine was holding them hostage.

by Anonymousreply 11606/20/2010

Don't know why His Serene Highness Prince Albert doesn't marry a trophy wife and spawn some kids. He clearly has done so with two other women, so it's not like he isn't capable of the heterosex.

Caroline's kids are, well, gorgeous but I'm not sure Andrea is all that bright and hasn't been educated to take on the duties of the monarchy.

Interesting this is all unfolding.

by Anonymousreply 11706/20/2010

Why on earth did Daniel give most of his speech at the wedding in English?

by Anonymousreply 11806/20/2010

In answer to R118: English is the lingua franca of the different royal houses in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 11906/20/2010

I asked him to give most of his speech in English, r118. I told him we have major discussions of royalty at DataLounge and that Queen Margarethe is one of our honorary faghags.

by Anonymousreply 12006/20/2010

Long live the Swedish monarchy!!

Heja Sverige!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12106/20/2010

[quote]The family spent millions of dollars while their country is suffering financially, and then they mucked up a lucrative deal to televise the wedding to the world.

R106. How did the Swedish Royal Family muck up a televised wedding deal?

Surely, MSNBC could have broadcast the Swedish royal wedding rather than one more Saturday of those endless repeats of "Lock Up" and crime documentaries.

by Anonymousreply 12206/20/2010

R45, please be kidding.

R114, does your sister the psychologist mind that you're posting enough detail about her life for total strangers to be able to look her up and find out her name? Most people would.

by Anonymousreply 12306/20/2010

[quote]The Greek royals were there but not the crown prince and crown princess. Haven't read why.

Greece doesn't have a Royal family. They were democratically removed by referendum. These losers needs to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 12406/20/2010

Princess Marie-Chantal is about as royal as Butterfly McQueen.

by Anonymousreply 12506/20/2010

by Anonymousreply 12606/20/2010

Prince Nikolaos of Greece and his fiancee attended the Swedish royal wedding. His mother, Queen Anne Marie, is the cousin of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. The Greek Royal Family remains an entity and retain their titles even if they do not reign.

by Anonymousreply 12706/20/2010

So far no-one's been able to tell me why they all have those medals (the men) and the women wear sashes and stars. Good old Carl Philip (drool) is wearing a necklace star thing... what's that all about?! Obviously I know it's a royalty thing -- but does each medal/sash/necklace thing have specific meaning, and if yes, where can you find out about such things?

by Anonymousreply 12806/20/2010

Thanks for the link, R100!

King Constantine sat right behind Carl XVI Gustav. Victoria's younger brother is drop dead gorgeous. So are the Crown Princes of Norway and Denmark.

Queen Margarethe's consort is another Prince Philip, in other words, a complete ass. He could barely contain his boredom throughout the ceremony. She's well-loved in Denmark. He, in contrast, is not.

by Anonymousreply 12906/20/2010

R128, they're chains of office. They date back to the late medieval and early modern times when such things denoted ranks, such as lord chancellor, lord treasurer, and what not. The chains around the various kings and princes represent military orders.

by Anonymousreply 13006/20/2010

R128: the orders and medals are given as an honour from the king. The highest ranking order in Sweden is the order of the Serafim and it is only given to royals or heads of states. That's the wide blue ribbon that all the royal guests carried across their bodies - prince Daniel was given his before he exited the church yesterday.

Then there are other medals that can be given to basically anybody as an honour. There are different kinds of medals and different sizes. (The bigger, the better, sort of.) The king holds a medal ceremony every year when he gives out medals to Swedes who have made a difference in some way over the years: scientists, writers, singers etc.

Medallions are also made for special royal events and given to people who participate in them. All the servants who helped with the wedding yesterday were given a medal from Victoria and Daniel - Im not sure if the same medal, or a fancier one, were given to all the guests too.

The big golden "necklaces" that the king and prince CP wore yesterday were the order of the Serafim. The chains are only given to very special, high ranking people and I think that it may be given only to male members of the royal family in Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 13106/20/2010

If I were a prince, I would have no desire to join the military. Being a prince is hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 13206/20/2010

Prince Carl Philip was in the navy, getting a military education for a couple of years. Lots of young men in navy uniforms... need I say more?

by Anonymousreply 13306/20/2010

I've plenty of military medals from the U.S. and the gold medal of honor from a European nation. I get that out just once a year.

by Anonymousreply 13406/20/2010

R102: Wow, cool you got to meet her! I'm glad she's as nice as she comes across. I personally like Mette Marit. She's a good princess, and the people like her too.

R106: Funny you should say that. The Swedes actually move to Oslo because the unemployment rate is so high in Sweden. It's much easier to get a job in Oslo, and the salary is MUCH higher than in Sweden. But then again, everything is more expensive here too.. I think the most important thing is just to get a job though, and like I said, it's much easier in Norway. The Swedes often work in restaurants and shops, and you can hear Swedish EVERYWHERE in Oslo. More and more Swedes come here every day. They often mock Norway, and I'm not saying my country is perfect, far from it. I just find it funny that they talk shit about Norway when Sweden is in such a dire that they have to move here to get a job. LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 13506/20/2010

I love the fact that the Swedish Royal Family are direct descendants of Desiree Clary, a wealthy silk merchant's daughter from Marseilles. She was once engaged to Napoleon and her sister was married to Napoleon's brother Joseph. Desiree later went on the marry Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, a general of the French army and later a Marshal of the Empire.

It was Bernadotte who was later selected and elected to be the Crown Prince of Sweden as the country was in need of an heir. He was adopted by the King Charles XIII of Sweden.

A Hollywood version of Desiree's story was made in 1954 starring Jean Simmons as Desiree, Michael Rennie as Bernadotte, Merle Oberon as Josephine and Marlon Brando as Napoleon.

One of Princess Victoria's names is "Desiree".

by Anonymousreply 13606/20/2010

Don't they all look just so silly? Like a bus-and-truck of The Merry Widow starring Patrice Munsel.

by Anonymousreply 13706/20/2010

[quote]Don't they all look just so silly?

No, they don't, but I guess it makes you feel so much superior to say that, Miss Thang.

by Anonymousreply 13806/20/2010

Question for the resident royalty experts:

Is there a hierarchy among the European monarchies? Which are the 3 most prominent families? I personally think it's quite telling that Great Britain sent the Count and Countess of Wessex to attend the nuptials of the future Queen of Sweden. Does that mean that the Swedes/Nordic monarchies aren't very significant?

Also, why would Queen Rania of Jordan be invited, but not an assortment of Asian, Middle Eastern, or African monarchs? What relationship does Sweden have with Jordan? I know she's internationally known, but Queen Rania showed up in an unimpressive outfit/tiara and she's not from one of the European families...

by Anonymousreply 13906/20/2010

God r138, I shudder at the thought of your wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 14006/20/2010

I wonder if these so called "royals" deep down envy those of us who really were selected by their God to be born as queens for life, regardless of country or status?

by Anonymousreply 14106/20/2010

Her husband looks like a consultant with Anderson Consulting, aka Accenture.

She looks stunning! For the most part, they all have such better taste than those British Royals!

P.S. No one should ever wear a gown with a mermaid silhouette. It's just tacky and makes anyone wearing it look hippy. Note: Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands...

by Anonymousreply 14206/20/2010

Most of the European countries with monarchs have populations less than the size of California. The exceptions are Spain and Britain, and only the British monarch has reach beyond Europe, as she acts as head of state for a number of ex-British colonies (and pretty large ones, at that).

To us, they seem to live in a sort of Brothers Grimm fairytale world because we're not familiar with their day-to-day lives. The British monarchy is perceived differently because there's no language barrier and they attract fame whores like Diana and Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 14306/20/2010

The big golden "necklaces" that the king and prince CP wore yesterday were the order of the Serafim. The chains are only given to very special, high ranking people and I think that it may be given only to male members of the royal family in Sweden. >>>

Actually both King Harald of Norway and Finland's President Tarja Halonen both wore the order of Serafim when they attended the wedding. The order was a gift from the king and it is gender neutral. The princesses and the queen also have the necklace but prefer not to wear it, I assume because it's heavy and wouldn't fit with their dresses and appearence. They just wear the star of the necklace.

by Anonymousreply 14406/20/2010

[quote]I shudder at the thought of your wardrobe.

Enjoy your shudder, r140, I'm certain my wardrobe is much worse than you can imagine. I have mostly shorts, tank-tops, and an assortment of flip-flops. It's what one wears when residing in a beachfront village. Please get on with your shuddering. I'm sure you do it magnificently; better than any Queen or queen at that wedding.

by Anonymousreply 14506/20/2010

R139...There was a certain amount of protocol involved with the seating arrangement in the cathedral with reigning monarchs given precedence over heirs presumptive and lesser royal personages. Though I do not have the 'Almanach de Gotha" readily at hand (LOL!!!), I believe the order of precedence for monarchs is dictated by the tenure of reigns. As for the presence of the Jordanian king and his consort, remember that that monarchy is the most Western in orientation amongst the Arab monarchs, which explains his presence. Same for the Japanese Crown Prince, who was dressed in white tie. You'll never see a member of the Japanese Imperial Family dressed in military uniform, owing to Japan's war-time role and post-war constitution.

As for Edward representing the Queen, much has to do with scheduling with a good deal of pr going into it. Protocol would dictate the presence of the Prince of Wales as Victoria is his counterpart. He may have been previously committed. They could not send William, because he would upstage the bride with speculation over his future plans. Hence, the Earl and Countess of Wessex!

by Anonymousreply 14606/20/2010

R146, that was a great response, but does it really all boil down to tenure? Is HM The Queen, Elizabeth II treated better than or equal to other European monarchs? She's more revered than the rest, but does her popularity have no impact on how the other royals treat her?

by Anonymousreply 14706/20/2010

R146, yes and no. The British Royal Family is the most well known and she is The Queen. But she is related to most of them. And Elizabeth will treat other reigning monarchs, or even deposed ones such as Constantine, as her equals. I believe that she's closest to the Danish Queen, who calls her :Lilibet," her childhood nickname.

Among the royals, the Grimaldis are almost considered the "poor relations," as they are "serene" and not "royal."

God, I love this stuff...have so since childhood...yet some people were surprised when I came out of the closet! Go figure!

by Anonymousreply 14806/20/2010

QEII should have sent Princess Michael as compensation for sending no-one from her immediate family to the wedding of Princess Michael's son.

by Anonymousreply 14906/20/2010

Actually William wasn't sent because he is in South Africa with Harry following the World Cup. Also I'm certain he wouldn't upstage the Crown Princess in her own home country. Perhaps in the UK press.

by Anonymousreply 15006/20/2010

William has been in Africa this week. Some kind of bowl game - the Africa Bowl? And QE2 and hubby were at the races at Ascot. Did she have one of her horses running?

by Anonymousreply 15106/20/2010

The Grimaldis require a male heir in order for Monaco's independence to continue; otherwise, it is ceded to France. Monaco is nothing more than a tax dodge and the epicenter of Eurotrash.

by Anonymousreply 15206/20/2010

QEII doesn't travel much anymore, due to advance age. Phillip doesn't tavel, due to advance foot-in-mouth.

by Anonymousreply 15306/20/2010

Not true anymore 152, Princess Caroline's daughters are in line to the throne after their older brother.

by Anonymousreply 15406/20/2010

Actually, R153, QEII and Phillip still travel quite a bit for octogenarians. They are touring Canada for a week this summer. R146's explanation makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 15506/20/2010

"Rumors has it that the King didn't like Letizia (still doesn't) but Felipe said he would renounced his rights as crown prince if he wasn't allowed to marry Letizia."

How on earth would anyone know such a thing? The Spanish royals are the soul of discretion.

by Anonymousreply 15606/20/2010

Actually Queen Elizabeth is somewhat notorious for not showing up at royal weddings. Or so I've read. I guess the busy dame doesn't have time for such time consuming events as weddings.

by Anonymousreply 15706/20/2010

"What is the royal line for the Spanish royal family? How far back and all that?"

One of the best lines in Europe. Make the British royals look like Trumps. The King is a Bourbon on both sides (thus going back to Hugh Capet), and is descended from Louis XIV 17 ways and Maria Theresa of Autria 9 ways. When his grandmother, the favorite granddaughter of Victoria wanted to marry his grandfather, the Spanish parliament had to pass a law making her a Spanish princess because being a granddaughter of Victoria was not considered "royal" by Spanish standards.

Letizia is the first non-royal in history to marry into the family.

by Anonymousreply 15806/20/2010

It really wouldn't do to have the Prince of Wales at the wedding since the media would be comparing his Duchess to all the horses in the procession.

by Anonymousreply 15906/20/2010

QEII thinks she's above the continental royals. She was conspicuous by her absence. The excuse is that she puts her official duties before social ocassions. Sure, sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 16006/20/2010

[quote]Queen Margarethe is one of our honorary faghags.

Absolutely! She understands the critical importance of powerdressing, fur, and ordering men around!

by Anonymousreply 16106/20/2010

[quote]QEII thinks she's above the continental royals.

I am the doyen of monarchs!

by Anonymousreply 16206/20/2010

In other words, it's obvious that these ceremonies are primarily aimed at fellow royals (or should I say "royals" since in fact they're no different from you or me). I suspect it's all a matter of one-upsmanship.

(I'm the one who asked earlier about Daniel speaking English at his wedding, which is purely for the benefit of the other royals apparently rather than the Swedish public, which lends the royal family whatever legitimacy it has and presumably has enough national pride that they would prefer to hear their royal family speak Swedish.)

by Anonymousreply 16306/20/2010

English is the only language that most of the Continental royals have in common. It is particularly pervasive throughout Scandinavia. Pretty much everyone at the reception would understand English, and only the Swedes would undertand the Swedish.

Queen Margarethe also gave a speech in English at her son's wedding, although he was marrying an Australian.

by Anonymousreply 16406/20/2010

You have no idea, R163, with you "presumably," what you're talking about. The Swedes (who mostly speak English well, thank you very much) expect their royals to communicate with the world.

Your Sarah Palin is not the model for a Swedish prince.

by Anonymousreply 16506/20/2010

Do you mean to imply R164, that the Australians would not understand English?

by Anonymousreply 16606/20/2010

Given that her husband was or is a personal trainer I'm surprised no body shots have popped up, weird.

by Anonymousreply 16706/20/2010

It seems odd, in this forum, that nobody has mentioned the well-known fact that Victoria's father, the King, is gay.

by Anonymousreply 16806/20/2010

Project Rungay did a good breakdown of the wedding

by Anonymousreply 16906/21/2010

r168, perhaps because you are wrong. You're probably mixing him up King Gustaf V, who was outed after his death.

by Anonymousreply 17006/21/2010

I thought the Prince consort of Denmark is the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 17106/21/2010

Interestingly, several of the Swedish princes of Gustav 's generation were gay. Prince Eugene, an artist, left his fabulous home Waldesmudde (sp) to the people. If you're visiting Stockhom it's worth a visit. Has a lovely hugge painting of a nude youth ('Water Sprite') in the living room. Another of the gay princes married Grand Duchess Marie the younger of Russia. Their son, who I think died very recently, lived on the most magificent island estate on one of the Italian lakes.

by Anonymousreply 17206/21/2010

I've just watch the new prince's speech. There can be few princes born to the blood who could be so graceful or gracious on such an occasion (certainly not the Brits).

by Anonymousreply 17306/21/2010

Most of us bitches would give our right nut just to have his hair.

by Anonymousreply 17406/21/2010

The only male-on-male hugging was between the new prince consort and his lovely brother-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 17506/21/2010

"I thought the Prince consort of Denmark is the gay one."

Oh. I hadn't heard there was a quota.

by Anonymousreply 17606/21/2010

"Carl-Philip went to a posh boarding school in Sweden and a friend's sister was there at the same time. According to her, it was well known and accepted at the school that CP was bisexual. After he graduated, there were rumours that he was having an affair with a Swedish singer, Peter Jback, and some people say that they even made out in public in a nightclub in Stockholm."

Nothing more than an entertaining fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 17706/21/2010

Peter Joback was even a guest at the Crown Princess' wedding. He attented with his boyfriend. I highly doubt Carl-Philip messed around with him. However Carl-Philip might not be straight, but the Joback-affair was entirely made up by the Swedish tabloid.

by Anonymousreply 17806/21/2010

[quote]Letizia is the first non-royal in history to marry into the family.

So that handball player would married the Infanta is royal? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 17906/21/2010

Did the king create Daniel a prince, or does he just assume the title, Prince Consort, upon marriage? Will there be an HRH in front of his name?

by Anonymousreply 18006/21/2010

He was given the title HRH, and will most likely be named Prince consort when Victoria becomes the Queen of Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 18106/21/2010

Does anyone expect her to have kids? One would think her eating disorders would've rendered her incapable of carrying a baby to full term.

by Anonymousreply 18206/21/2010

She hasn't suffered from anorexia for the last ten years, and her sickness lasted for about a year or two. I don't think it affected her when it comes to pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 18306/21/2010

The pictures were lovely and she is impressive insisting on marrying for love, but the whole promenade of royals had me wondering what the hell was the point of all these birthright nobodies and their fabulous unearned wealth.

I know some of them do good work, but seriously why do they still get this treatment in 2010?

by Anonymousreply 18406/21/2010

I thought it interesting that the least decorated royal there, Prince Albert, is the only one with any political power at all, and in Monaco his power is absolute.

by Anonymousreply 18506/21/2010

R185: I don't think any tabloids or magazines ever wrote about the alleged affair, it was just a rumour (a very persistent one though!) around town.

Swedish media is very careful with what they write about the royal family and I don't think they ever would write about the royals gay affairs, even if they could confirm that it was true.

by Anonymousreply 18606/21/2010

You're right, R179. It should have been "this is the first generation in which non-royals have married people in the Spanish line of succession without those people having to give up their place in the line of succession."

And the fact that Iñaki, Duke of Mallorca was a handball champion does not erase his aristocratic background or current professional position. No need to sneer.

Besides, he's GORGEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 18706/21/2010

R185, "political power" is not the only -- or even the best -- kind of power. John Boehner has political power.

by Anonymousreply 18806/21/2010

R175, you should have seen the way CP looked at Daniel. I was like wow! He really is gay/bi!

by Anonymousreply 18906/21/2010

Nonetheless, one would presume it is the power that would be inextricably linked to being a king or queen, non?

by Anonymousreply 19006/21/2010

[quote]you should have seen the way CP looked at Daniel. I was like wow! He really is gay/bi!

So you think the Crown Princess looks at Daniel as if he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 19106/21/2010

Here are some more pictures, from huffpost. I am so madly in love with Daniel's mother's look. Now that is one frau who knows how to draw attention to her look even in a roomful of royalty and former models.

by Anonymousreply 19206/21/2010

I love the gown, the veil and the *size* of the crown, but not the little cameos.

by Anonymousreply 19306/21/2010

r186, I live in Sweden, perhaps you do too? Anyways, the news paper Expressen which wrote about the affair, in blind item might I add, later on confirmed that the publicist knew it was made up. Because he was actually present at the club during the alleged night keeping an eye ,in his journalist ways, on the Prince through out the night.

He went along with it anyway because like you said, it definitely was the talk of the town the next morning. Back then the whole gay issue was a little bit more sensitive, the Prince was seen chatting one-on-one with the gay celeb at the club was enough to make him gay as well.

by Anonymousreply 19406/21/2010

No, R190, not for the last few centuries.

Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 19506/21/2010

And I didn't get to attend, yet again. Sigh. If you'll excuse me, I'll go have yet another nervous breakdown now...

by Anonymousreply 19606/21/2010

So glad everyone went with the 'Barbie's Royal Wedding' theme...

by Anonymousreply 19706/21/2010

Are there any monarchs outside of Muslim countries (Saudi Arabia, Brunei, Jordan, the UAE) who actually have real and substantive political power anymore?

by Anonymousreply 19806/21/2010

Prince Albert shares power with the one house Parliament.

by Anonymousreply 20006/21/2010

I want to see those "hunky" photos, R199.

by Anonymousreply 20106/21/2010

Who here has seen any members of royal families? While we've all seen our share of queens, let's hear about royalty spotted here and there.

by Anonymousreply 20206/21/2010

There are nude pixs of Fred Denmark?

by Anonymousreply 20306/21/2010

Carl Philip in a wetsuit:

by Anonymousreply 20406/21/2010

What's a "house Parliament"?

Oh. Do you mean a one-house Parliament?

by Anonymousreply 20506/21/2010

that might have been the case but not anymore. Actually when Felipe got married, Juan Carlos told someone from the press that Felipe 'has crewed up the Monarchy.' In the family pictures (like during Summer vacation and Easter), Juan Carlos ignores Letizia all the time (they barely if ever talk), and he also ignores the daughters of Felipe and Letizia (it's so sad because it's very obvious). He is more close and caring to his other grandchildren. Believe me, if you follow the Spaniard Royal family, it doesn't take a genius to know that Juan Carlos doesn't like Letizia. Felipe's sisters, Elena and Cristina, also doesn't talk to Letizia. The only one that is close to Letizia is the Queen because she is head over heels in love with Felipe.

Yes, Inaki is very hot but lately he has let himself go... with all the business controversies he has been having...

by Anonymousreply 20606/21/2010

In the deep blue sea:

by Anonymousreply 20706/21/2010

Yes there are nude pics of Fred.. in his house in South of France and peeing on a yacht.

by Anonymousreply 20806/21/2010

Seems to have bonded with his new brother-in-law!

by Anonymousreply 20906/21/2010

Quite the hunk:

by Anonymousreply 21006/21/2010

There are also pics of CP Frederik running naked to a swimming spot at a river or lake.

by Anonymousreply 21106/21/2010

Topless princes:

by Anonymousreply 21206/21/2010

yes, that is true.. that is a bizarre one because wasn't he on top of another man naked? it looked like a party for nudes. I haven't seen that pic in a while.

by Anonymousreply 21306/21/2010

Carl-Philip with UNshaved chest:

by Anonymousreply 21406/21/2010

There are lots of pics of Carl-Philip and Daniel being physically affectionate. I know it's a leap, but wouldn't it be a kick if Victoria has done what Caroline of Monaco did: marry her brother's lover?

by Anonymousreply 21506/21/2010

That is NOT Carl-Philip. That's one of the guys from Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 21606/21/2010

R214, I think that is Princess Caroline of Monaco's son.

by Anonymousreply 21706/21/2010

WOW, Queen Rania looks awful. The whole palace in Amman must have been distracted to let her pack that gown; it's falling off of her shoulders, and not in a good way. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 21806/21/2010

Royal bump! I want to hear more more MORE about all the royal scandals and personal accounts people have had. I know someone who's friendly with Prince Frederik of Denmark and apparently he's a lovely guy. Wish I could contribute more...

Someone HAS TO have some inside scoop! Come on, don't be shy!

by Anonymousreply 21906/21/2010

Everything you wanted to know about the wedding:

by Anonymousreply 22006/21/2010

r198, they do in Monaco, Liechtenstein, Nepal, Thailand, Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Tonga, Swaziland, and Lesotho.

by Anonymousreply 22106/21/2010

I recall a documentary many years ago that included an interview with the Grand Duke of Liechtenstein (father of the current Grand Duke). He was saying that he wanted his land back in Czechoslovakia that had been seized by the Communists.

Most of their landholdings had been in Czechoslovakia and Hungary, they bought Liechtenstein just to get the title and never really lived there until they got kicked out of their real homes during WWII.

The old Grand Duke was doddering at that point. As he was ranting about his confiscated property, his wife leaned over and said, "Darling, we know we are not going to get it back"

Fast forward, the current Grand Duke and want-to-be Autocrat has probably worked hard to get that property. Does anyone know if he has?

by Anonymousreply 22206/21/2010

I doubt it, r222. Haven't heard anything about it, though.

All I know is Liechtenstein is currently under a lot of pressure from the EU, particularly Germany, for sheltering tax evaders. They are cracking down on Switzerland and Luxembourg, too, but Liechtenstein is one of the most un-cooperative and arrogant tax havens out there.

The pressure in this economic climate is growing, so I think the Grand Duke has got other things on his plate at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 22306/21/2010

Why are we bothering with William and Harry? Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is the most handsome man on the planet. Damn, what a hunk!

by Anonymousreply 22406/21/2010

Just looked up the Liechtenstiens. They are Princes not Grand Dukes, pardon me. They are more progressive than I realized. In 1984 they allowed women to vote. How liberal of them.

Still didn't find out about the land. Did find out that they magnanimously allowed concentration camp inmates to work their eastern European estates during WWII. What mensches.

by Anonymousreply 22506/21/2010

Love the look on the face of the guy behind the gorgeous Carl-Philip:

by Anonymousreply 22606/21/2010

Prince Carl Philip is so damn handsome. He's the perfect blend of Swedish, German and Brazilian.

by Anonymousreply 22706/22/2010

CP Frederik the Dane, having a pee.

by Anonymousreply 22806/22/2010

Any Sophie(English royals really are German Euro-trash)of Wessex and Andrew gossip?

by Anonymousreply 22906/22/2010

The groom really needs some plastic surgery, those granny glasses just aren't enough.

by Anonymousreply 23006/22/2010

Here is Prince Carl-Philip with his close friend. They are watching a football/soccer match I think. The text say "You have to be more discreet CP!" His friend is married though..

by Anonymousreply 23106/22/2010

So Carl-Philip is a rise queen, then?

by Anonymousreply 23206/22/2010

R228. Thanks for the shot of Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and his royal uncircumcised cock. Now what the hell is wrong with Prince Carl Philip of Sweden; doesn't he ever have to piss in public?

by Anonymousreply 23306/22/2010

Thanks R7 - for THIS link!

by Anonymousreply 23406/22/2010

And THIS one!

by Anonymousreply 23506/22/2010

I'm quite taken with this gorgeous Swedish Royal Family especially that sexy hunk Prince Carl Philip. His sisters are quite beautiful too.

by Anonymousreply 23606/23/2010

"Rumors has it that the King didn't like Letizia (still doesn't) but Felipe said he would renounced his rights as crown prince if he wasn't allowed to marry Letizia."

How on earth would anyone know such a thing? The Spanish royals are the soul of discretion.

They are discrete, but word leaks out sometimes. Like the fact that Sophia got tired of JC's womanizing a while ago, and has discreetly carried on several "close friendships" herself, most notably w/a Spanish journalist/writer (all male). Yes, I know someone who is close to one of the Infantas and their Greek cousin (Alexia).

Word was Felipe, tired of his father's meddling in his love life and dictating that he wed a royal or noblewoman (this after he was made to break up w/Eva Sannum, whom he loved dearly) - told his father in no uncertain terms re. Letizia, "if you don't like my marrying her, you better prepare everyone for Queen Elena". And with that, the kind relented and the engagement proceeded.

by Anonymousreply 23706/23/2010

sorry kind = king in the previous post

by Anonymousreply 23806/23/2010

r237, I completely agree and that is what I tried to say in post r206.

by Anonymousreply 23906/23/2010

Too bad one of the Windsor boys isn't dating the pretty Madeline.

by Anonymousreply 24006/23/2010

Again, R237, you are simply fantasizing. "Word was" is not documentation, and -- again -- there is no way you would know these things.

by Anonymousreply 24106/23/2010

Victoria is one of my favorite royals! She looked so beautiful. Her sister is also beautiful. Though I wonder how Victoria felt about being compared to her sister and how Madeleine is the "pretty sister".

by Anonymousreply 24212/07/2012

I'm glad someone bumped this really timely thread up.

by Anonymousreply 24312/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!