Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robert Conrad''s Ass

That man had the sexiest ass I have ever seen. I just bought season 1 of The Wild Wild West and I'm surprised he was allowed on TV in the 60's! The tight pants, the hairy chest.....

by Anonymousreply 12202/22/2013

I heard rumors about him for years from my friends in Chicago and West Hollywood but I never spoke with anyone who had actually had sex with him. I don't know if any of it was true but as a young man I sure wanted it to be true. I pumped many a loads out thinking about Mr. Conrad.

by Anonymousreply 906/05/2010

R4- Bless You!!

by Anonymousreply 1006/05/2010

He was smokin' hot. He was on Battle of the Network Stars back in the 80s and I remember he was a petulant little bitch when his team would lose.

by Anonymousreply 1106/05/2010

I had a male friend who had an affair with hm back in the 1970s. Said that RC used to troll West Hollywood hotel pools looking for young blondes, and then get them to fuck him. Then, my friend said, he sometimes beat them up. Very distrubed man, if true. But RCe was known for liking young men. He also had an affair with Robert Wagner. Probably the handsomest man ever to appear on TV. And possibly the best butt ever.

by Anonymousreply 1306/05/2010

by Anonymousreply 1406/05/2010

The best ass on TV was in the first season of "Remington Steele." James Read who played Laura Holt's detective partner, Murphy Michaels, wore the tightest pants on TV in the 1980s. It also helped that he looked like a young, hunkier Robert Redford with gorgeous, meaty, muscular buns. Sadly, after the first season he and the office receptionist got replaced by the harridan Doris Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 1706/05/2010

Robert Conrad's blue eyes and beautiful, beautiful body are the stuff of wet dreams. I loved to see him tied up week after week on WWW.

by Anonymousreply 1806/05/2010

Yowza!!! He was hot as hell. (w/ friend)

by Anonymousreply 1906/05/2010

Well gee whiz, who didn't he fuck?

by Anonymousreply 2106/05/2010

There have been quite a few DL threads concerning Robert Conrad and his very nice bottom and his bisexuality.

I think there are various youtube clips dedicated to it....but as it's no longer allowed to post youtube clips, I'll refrain.

by Anonymousreply 2206/05/2010

There were so many hot women guest starring on WWW each week, was he known to fuck them too I wonder. He was married a few times and had an illegitimate child too.

by Anonymousreply 2406/05/2010

He was very hot but he was/is basically a midget. he's tiny, tiny, TINY! And I also have heard for years that he had a habit of finding, fooling, fucking, and beating the hell out of boys all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 2506/05/2010

OP, you know he was 3 ft. tall, right? If they were to do a modern-day "Wild, Wild West" starring Conrad, it would air on TLC and be renamed "Little People, Big World."

by Anonymousreply 2606/05/2010

[quote]no longer allowed to post youtube clips

When did that happen? Where was I?

by Anonymousreply 2706/05/2010

I met the man -- he is hardly tiny. You're thinking of Robert Blake, who was 5'2". Conrad was about 5'8" or 5'9"-- short, given his unrelenting macho attitude. But then, given his intense vanity (he used to give out photos of himself), he also wore heels and pads in his shoes, giving him another 3-4 inches -- like meeting a guy wearing stilettos. I'm 6 feet, and he was just barely shorter than me, given all his heels and heighteners. Man, he was the handsomest man I ever met. And yes, the butt really was that much.

by Anonymousreply 2906/05/2010

[quote]as it's no longer allowed to post youtube clips,

I missed that announcement. Did they run it on the P.A. system when everything went dark the other night?

by Anonymousreply 3006/05/2010

Let's talk about great lesbian asses......anybody? Jill Bennett....

by Anonymousreply 3106/05/2010

[quote]Let's talk about great lesbian asses......anybody? Jill Bennett....

Start your own goddamn thread.

by Anonymousreply 3206/05/2010

There are screencaps for some episodes on this WWW dedication page.

by Anonymousreply 3406/05/2010

Have a Coke and a Cock.

by Anonymousreply 3606/05/2010

In his very early H'wood days, pre-Hawaii or anything, he was roommates with Nick Adams. The two allegedly hustled older male gentlemen. Conrad allegedly liked to get beaten or forced-fucked, by hustlers as well. Nick allegedly fell in love with him, and when Conrad left him, soon after, he killed himself. Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 3706/05/2010

The handsomest man who ever lived. And the best ass. And the most amazing blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3806/05/2010

But from what I've read, r38, it didn't seem to make him that happy.

by Anonymousreply 3906/05/2010

Here's Robert out with the boys for a night on the town.

Not gay. Not gay at all.

by Anonymousreply 4006/06/2010

Conrad and Van Williams. I'd like to join them in the shower room.

by Anonymousreply 4106/06/2010

I don't understand the attraction AT ALL. How can anyone get past that hair? I'm glad I came of age during the '90s when men actually began to look attractive.

by Anonymousreply 4206/06/2010

Do all your men wax R42?

by Anonymousreply 4306/06/2010

Wait... when was posting youtube clips made forbidden? Did Webbie publish an edict?

by Anonymousreply 4406/06/2010

[quote]Not gay. Not gay at all.

He wasn't. He was bi, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 4506/06/2010

R29, you're nuts. I met Robert Conrad, too. I shook his hand, stood next to him, chatted face to face with him for a while. He was 5'5 at the MOST.

by Anonymousreply 4606/06/2010

[quote]I'm glad I came of age during the '90s when men actually began to look attractive.

Based on this "logic", R42's dad is a bridge troll, therefore R42 is bridge troll spawn.

by Anonymousreply 4706/06/2010

Actually someone told me he had sex with Natalie Wood and Ronert Wagner at a weekend party in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 4806/07/2010

He made me gay. Circa 1967.

by Anonymousreply 5006/07/2010

He has a cruel mouth. This prevents him from being truly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5106/07/2010

His mouth is so sensual... so sexy... and maybe a little cruel...

by Anonymousreply 5206/07/2010

Robert....Will always be remembered for his ASS....You see human nature male or female brings the eyes to the ASS....It's the sexiest part of a man's body...So yes he's been blessed by having a very large round ASS...if you look it's not small in anyway plenty of meat on the bone there.....

by Anonymousreply 5306/19/2010

He appeared on the Merv Griffin Show one time with a "protege," a blond kid he found somewhere who was going to be a regular on his NBC BLACK SHEEP SQUADRON series. That is burned into my brain. I was only 13 or 14 then and not particularly sophisticated but I absolutely understood what THAT was about.

by Anonymousreply 5406/19/2010

Can anyone identify any of the other gentlemen in the intriguing b&w photo in r40's post?

by Anonymousreply 5506/19/2010

Robert Conrad's ass in that tight Wild Wild West costume was one of the sexual highlights of my adolescence. His ass plus handsome face = absolute sexual tsunami.

The revelation was to find out later in life that he liked getting fucked in that supreme ass.

by Anonymousreply 5706/20/2010

Bob is still with us, isn't he? What's he been up to lately?

by Anonymousreply 5806/20/2010

Robert Wagner is currently featured on a commercial for a car sales business in Escondido, California, which is geographically called "North County" in San Diego County. Escondido is a 45-minute drive north east of downtown San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 5906/20/2010

That's Bob Conrad we were talking about, R59, not Bob Wagner. Conrad is still recovering from driving drunk into another car, and is or was doing a radio show in Chicago, his home town.

by Anonymousreply 6006/28/2010

I don't recall where I read this, but apparently Conrad's ass was padded during his "Wild Wild West" days. He was proud of his ass, but wanted it to make it look better apparently. I think I read that they were auctioning off a pair of his pants from the show on Ebay, and they were padded around the ass.

by Anonymousreply 6106/30/2010

I dunno about that R61. I know from a friend who worked on the show that they padded his pants sometimes for stunt work -- he did all his own stunts, and is the only actor in the Stuntman Hall of Fame -- but only for that. %0D %0D This friend (yes, a guy) actually has a pair of the pants from the first year and they're not padded -- although, admittedly, the ass does seem to grow a little by the 4th year, although that could also just be the extra pounds Conrad put on.

by Anonymousreply 6207/01/2010

smokin' but it still comes in second, after Leonard Whiting's

by Anonymousreply 6307/01/2010

Unfortunately, he was a BIG Bush supporter. He spoke at the 2004 Republican National Convention.%0D %0D And he's now 81, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 6407/01/2010

Very handsome little guy- but little. Quite little- barely 5'8" if.%0D %0D Now John Gavin, you're talking. That was one fine looking man. And Paul Newman in the 1950s was perhaps the most good looking man ever in film- also 5'7 or 8".

by Anonymousreply 6507/01/2010

Gavin was handsome, Charlie, but he didn't have Conrad's smoking sexiness. And he didn't wear those pants, either.

by Anonymousreply 6607/10/2010

Nice, but absolutely nothing compared to Dallesandro's:

by Anonymousreply 6707/10/2010

Conrad is the all time butt king.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2010

"Here's Robert out with the boys for a night on the town.%0D %0D Not gay. Not gay at all."%0D %0D Is that a purse in the center of the table?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6910/30/2010

His butt is relatively flat, as another poster noted. It's lean and tight, not big and round.

by Anonymousreply 7010/31/2010

He wasn't much of an actor - until "Centennial." Whoever the director was, he really got a fantastic performance out of Robert Conrad. He also had some great scenes with Richard Chamberlain in that same mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 7110/31/2010

"The kid who palled around with Conrad was Jeb Adams."

Jeb Stuart Adams (The Goonies, Flowers in the Attic) is the son of Nick Adams, Conrad's former roommate.

by Anonymousreply 7210/31/2010

Bob Conrad acted through three ways: he flashed his extraordinary blue eyes at the camera. He wore skin tight pants around what is generally considered the greatest butt in history (on the set of the Wild Wild West they actually had a butt dolly: a butt-high camera that followed Conrad's butt around for the best shot); and he took off his shirt and flexed. Back in the 1960s, tv stars didn't have buff bodies. Remember Adam West on Batman? Remember when the Bonanza boys took off their shirts? Nice masculine bodies but nothing like today's idea of a worked-out body.

by Anonymousreply 7310/31/2010

Nice to discover this thread! Well, whether Mr. Conrad is a mean, disturbed SOB or not, or too short, he was hot stuff. Impossibly pretty in Hawaiian Eye, more rugged in Wild Wild West. The pics from earlier in the thread--I always thought there was an episode of WWW where his pants split, then I thought I fantasized it, but here there's a screen capture of it! And that Columbo with him in the red trunks! And the Battle of the Network Stars with him in a speedo!

Too much!

by Anonymousreply 7410/31/2010

by Anonymousreply 7510/31/2010

how did this thread get bumped? I can't find any threads from July?

by Anonymousreply 7610/31/2010

robert conrad = misshelenbedd

by Anonymousreply 7710/31/2010

I guess those vivid blue WWW eyes were from colored contact lenses if we're to believe r75's shot from Hawaiian Eye.

by Anonymousreply 7810/31/2010

He is one of those guys that you get all hot over then within a few minutes realize that he is a complete dick and you loose all interest in him.

Just like Robert Blake, another 70s star.

by Anonymousreply 7910/31/2010

Can't imagine anyone getting hot over Robert Blake. He was never in great shape. Could have been the original goomba from a 70s episode of Jersey Shore.

by Anonymousreply 8010/31/2010

I have a friend who says he had sex with Conrad back in the 60s or 70s. FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 8111/01/2010

R56 If indeed that is Larry Manetti in the photo, that isn't too unusual since Larry Manetti is his step brother.

by Anonymousreply 8211/01/2010

Height is "officially" 5' 8".

Love this quotation: [11/61, interview in Photoplay magazine] "I neither condemn nor condone the mores of others. I think there are very few, really, whose conduct reflects unfavorably on the rest of us in this mythical kingdom of Hollywood. There are men who need many women in order to bolster their egos--half the time, they don't remember the girl's name afterward. But I've got a good ego to start with, and I'm too sensitive for a quick relationship with a dame and sex alone would never be enough for me...."

by Anonymousreply 8301/19/2011

Look for present day Conrad talking about WWW on next week's Pioneers of Television episode about Westerns. I saw him in the trailer after last night's Science Fiction episode. I don't know when the interview was shot, but it had to be fairly recently.

by Anonymousreply 8401/19/2011

Someone told me he was next to death's door. He was born in 1929. and had a bad auto accident. Think Death Pools.

by Anonymousreply 8501/30/2011

He'll live for years to come. Too tough to die. That type lingers forever.

by Anonymousreply 8602/26/2011

That ass will remain forever in my spank bank.

by Anonymousreply 8702/26/2011

I prefer the intensity of a young Marlon Brando myself. Like in this first photo.

by Anonymousreply 8802/26/2011

Check this out...

Now WHO was saying it's all flat, shapeless and required padding?

PS- have a kleenex to wipe that drool hanging off your lower lip!

by Anonymousreply 8905/30/2011

Those thighs made me drool.

by Anonymousreply 9005/30/2011

so pretty

by Anonymousreply 9105/30/2011

I agree r92 though it's hard to see past the girly slacks.

by Anonymousreply 9205/30/2011

Sorry R92, but I still think that 'pushin' out my boy-taint' pose from R90 takes the cake as one fuckable butt I'd like to have a crack at ('scuse the pun). I mean seriously...what self-respecting straight man aloof of his own desirable backside would truly strike a pose like that in 1962??? I'm wondering what the photographer told him to do to get in such a stance.

All I can say is that when I saw that pic, I never wanted to be a pair of hip-hugging shorts MORE in my entire life. Yum with a capital Y - U -M!

by Anonymousreply 9305/30/2011

How many times was Conrad married? If the gay rumors are true, he really worked overtime keeping up his breeder charade.

by Anonymousreply 9405/30/2011

There are no gay rumors. Please.

"Height is "officially" 5' 8"."

That means he's 5'5".

by Anonymousreply 9505/30/2011

Sorry R96, too many people have heard about these rumors. If he ain't out-and-out gay or bi, he was at least gay-for-pay to advance his career. Maybe beating up guys was his way of striking back at the H'wood bigwigs who forced him to use the casting couch. CHANG CHANG!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9605/30/2011

R96 -- there are a lot more than gay rumors... there were plenty of gays who slept with Bobby. He liked young blondes, whom he would pick up at pools in West Hollywood in the 60s and 70s. A friend of mine had an affair with him in the late 1970s, said Bob was a bottom who was so conflicted about his gayness he often beat up his tricks... or at least, asserted his masculinity as much as he could afterward.

He was also great friends with Nick Adams, who was definitely gay and some feel was killed for it -- or at least, threatening to talk about it (Elvis Presley was rumored to be one of Nick's lovers). Google Adams and you get a bizarre sampling of stories of his life. The story is that Adams brought Bob to Hollywood in return for sexual favors.

Another story is that one weekend at Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood's place a very drunk Bob told guests he'd slept with both host and hostess that weekend.

by Anonymousreply 9706/05/2011

I dated someone who used to be a bellboy at a hotel in Buffalo. Robert Conrad was a guest at that hotel. Upon check in, he brought Mr. Conrad's bags up to his room. When he got to the room, he was immediately propositioned, and they went on to have a wild time. It was supposedly very hot. They actually kept in touch for some time. My ex confirmed that he was a giant closet case and was very concerned about people finding out the truth. Of course, this happened many, many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9907/01/2011

Surprise, Surpise!

by Anonymousreply 10007/01/2011

You guys would love !!

by Anonymousreply 10108/05/2011

He has been married twice and produced eight children. Divorcing in 2010, he is now a free, ~83 year old man. %0D %0D He also holds the record for dual-life living which may never be broken. Likely every gay man in America knows someone who fucked him, yet he remained a symbol of macho, conservative respectability in Hollywood for the better part of a century.

by Anonymousreply 10208/05/2011

Is this Bump Old Threads Friday?

by Anonymousreply 10308/05/2011

On WWW his pants were specially tailored, same as on BLACK SHEEP series in order to showcase his ass and thighs. %0D %0D In a poll in the mid-70s for some magazine to compile the perfect man, Conrad won for best buttocks and legs.%0D %0D His eyes are blue-green so depending on emotions and the light can look either color.%0D %0D He illegally enlisted in the Marine Corp when he was too young to do so and made it all the way to the final two weeks of training before he was kicked out since they found out his real age.%0D %0D He must be 5'4" or 5'5' at most since there was resistance from the network to hiring him as James West because he was so short. They put him in boots with lifts and he was still the shortest guy around. They hired shorter actors as guests and whenever possible placed him in a scene so he was farther away from the camera and therefore could appear taller in the distance - no side-by-side unflattering comparison between him and the other actor.%0D %0D He and the co-star didn't get along, really not Conrad's fault. The other guy's ego thought he was as good looking and tough as Conrad and the show should be about him and he would belittle Conrad, even referring to WWW as HIS show costarring that stuntman (Bob Conrad). %0D %0D The show got too violent so there were protests in Congress, and Conrad was hospitalized once from a bad fall from a chandelier, and that's what killed the show. Everyone on the show agreed the show needed to end because the stunts were too controversial and dangerous yet that's what the show was known for. To placate Congress and still do the stunts they had to have such fake-looking cartoon fights it was dispiriting to the stuntmen (incl. Conrad) involved.

by Anonymousreply 10408/05/2011

Furry legs in rockin tight white trunks. Oiy.

by Anonymousreply 10508/05/2011

I didn't bump this. Really. I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 10608/05/2011

Bumping old threads day.

by Anonymousreply 10710/24/2012

Robert Conrad is going to be at the Hollywood Show here in L.A. this month.

btw, I've notived that quite a bit of short guys tend to have better bodies than taller men. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 10801/06/2013

More compact, R108. It's easier of shorter guys to develop muscles, especially butt and legs.

However, the rare tall guys with beefy butts (e.g. Eric Balfour) are a wonder to behold.

by Anonymousreply 10901/06/2013

I wish I could be there, R108.

by Anonymousreply 11001/06/2013

Just saw an old Battle of the Network stars from '77. Conrad looked smooth. He would have been in his 40s then so for him to be smooth, he must have shaved his body. Why would he have done this? I thought body shaving was a more recent trend among men?

BTW, Richard Hatch and Kurt Russell were also on and looking very hot.

by Anonymousreply 11101/07/2013

To the OP being surprised that this was allowed on TV in the 1960's----Let me assure you that the male body shame is a very recent development. From the beginning of television until close to the end of the 20th century, all that was necessary for the censors was that the male genitals and buttocks be covered by cloth. The T&A that we saw in WWW was not unusual, although the amount of airtime that we were looking at Conrad's T&A was rare. The Battle of the Network Stars giving us such a wonderful opportunity to look at all the actors in skimpy speedos was a fairly overt display for the prurient interests, and backlash against the "gay" political activism seems to be what fueled the "cover up all the men with big baggy clothes" movement.

by Anonymousreply 11201/07/2013

Conrad was very proud of his butt, and he insisted that the costume dept clothe it as tightly as possible in gaberdine fabric (too bad spandex wasn't around yet). In the first year the fabric is fairly tight, each year it gets more so. The show was eventually cancelled because it was too violent but oddly, no one ever said anything about the pants being so tight that they ripped open in several episodes.

by Anonymousreply 11301/09/2013

Needs to be flattened with a paddle.

by Anonymousreply 11401/09/2013

OP, tight pants and hairy chests were the 60s!

by Anonymousreply 11501/09/2013

I wonder if he was strictly a bottom, or verse.

by Anonymousreply 11601/09/2013

R111, shaving comes and goes in Hollywood - although some decades (the late 30s, 80s) it seems more prominent. Conrad's abs were shaved in Hawaiian Eye most of the time, which looks weird when you see those old shows today. On WWW he was sometimes neatly trimmed, sometimes almost entirely shaved, and at other times untouched. Yes, I am amazed that I know this, but I watched a LOT of WWW reruns growing up.

by Anonymousreply 11701/09/2013

i wanna fuck and suck him so bad!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11802/22/2013

Robert Conrad as a young man:

by Anonymousreply 11902/22/2013

I heard a radio interview with RC about 15 years ago when the WWW movie came out. He was talking about how he was an old man now, but when he sees his younger self he thinks "Who is that guy? I'd fuck him".

by Anonymousreply 12002/22/2013

He was such a right wing asshole when Ed Asner was president of SAG. I'd always thought he was sexy but he taught me the sheer ugliness that a pretty face and body can conceal. His borderline abusiveness over something as mickey mouse as Battle of the Network Stars was hilarious. He's a big old drunk too, not surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 12102/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!