Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nigel Lythgoe Reconsidered

Okay, Nigel is an asshole, no doubt about it. And a homophobe, to a creepy degree.

But there's one thing I really like about him--he's not a sucker for sob stories. On AI, the sob stories have been sickening. "It would mean so much for me to be on this show because eight years ago my neighbor's cousin's realtor had benign skin cancer and it's really affected me." Danny Gokey's dead wife got him into the top 12. I think that if you've got a sob story, you're disqualified. (Mike Lynch's new baby was a variation on the theme.)

On SOTYCD, Nigel acknowledges the sob stories, but he doesn't let them affect him. Sadly, it seems that the other judges make a sob story an immediate pass to choreography. If it weren't for Nigel, though, they'd all be through to Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

I don't care about that show at all.

by Anonymousreply 106/03/2010

Good for you R1! You are very special.

by Anonymousreply 206/04/2010

Proud on having reduced your standards to those of a homophobe creep who judges a reality show, OP ?

by Anonymousreply 306/04/2010

Fired -

by Anonymousreply 406/08/2013

It's irrelevant. They're still looking for ditz judges who will praise everything.

by Anonymousreply 506/08/2013

I know it's wrong. I know that he's a smarmy homophobic perv but I like Nigel in a "lounge lizard you can't look away from" way.

by Anonymousreply 606/08/2013

Calling Lythgoe a homophobe simply for his disdain for eff*m*n*te dancing styles is a bit of the pot calling the black. No, Datalounge? I mean this is a board where most of you express vitriol for femmy guys and the dreaded gayvoice.

by Anonymousreply 706/08/2013

Didn't he choreograph The Apple?

by Anonymousreply 806/08/2013

OP, I agree about sob stories. They should be an automatic disqualification. Even the occasional ones that are actually sad.

by Anonymousreply 906/08/2013

I find him more sympathetic this year. It's now Adam Shankman who gets on my nerves. But no one comes close to Jean-Marc Genereux as the king of SOB stories. Whenever he's on I just push the mute button

by Anonymousreply 1006/09/2013

Has anyone seen the "Prancercize" Funny or Die video? Who knew Nigel was hung like a horse!

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

This is the video.

Holy cow that is a package!

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!