Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fran Drescher talks about her gay, ex-husband

Fran Drescher met her ex-husband, Peter Marc Jacobson, in high school, and they married in 1978, when she was just 21. They split after 21 years of marriage and remain close friends--and now both set each other up with men.

In Touch Weekly's press release follows:

Fran Drescher has never been shy about voicing her support for gay rights: In 2008, she and her former husband co-hosted a cocktail party in LA to benefit an organization that has sought to block California's ban on same-sex marriage. But it turns out that the cause was even closer to the Nanny star's heart than her fans could have guessed -- as In Touch can now exclusively reveal, Peter Marc Jacobson, the man to whom Fran, 52, was married for more than two decades, is gay. "Peter and I met when we were 15," Fran tells In Touch. "We were just kids and didn't know who we truly were. We went through a lot together." The couple split for good in 1999, and according to an insider, Peter later came out of the closet to Fran. They continue to collaborate and are still "the best of friends. We love each other dearly," she says. "We have even fixed each other up! I more successfully than him, by the way." They're even working together on a new sitcom based on their relationship. "Peter and I feel so blessed to have met each other and to still have a caring, loving relationship," Fran says. "Love is what we're all about."

by Miareply 2303/29/2013

That does not look like Peter.

by Miareply 106/02/2010

He looks like an Oompa Loompa in that photo.

by Miareply 206/02/2010

...about her gay ex-husband.

No comma.

by Miareply 306/02/2010

I knew about the gay ex years ago. Is this really news that most people didn't know?

by Miareply 406/02/2010

Well now, Fran never mentioned that.

by Miareply 506/02/2010

That isn't Peter. I've already emailed HuffPo.

by Miareply 606/02/2010

The first time I saw them interviewed together (around the time of The Nanny) I asked why she's married to a gay man.

by Miareply 806/02/2010

I give both of them a great deal of credit. They both overcame the traumatic experience of her rape. Two men broke into their apartment in the mid-80s and raped her and a friend ay gunpoint. Peter was beaten up tied up, gagged, and forced to witness it.

They are both successful. Bravo for her for doing the right thing for us!

by Miareply 906/02/2010

[quote]Peter was beaten up tied up, gagged, and forced to witness it.

Secretly wishing it was him.

by Miareply 1006/02/2010

R6, you're wrong. It is Peter.

by Miareply 1106/02/2010

They replaced the photo.

by Miareply 1206/02/2010

Met them both at an APLA Fundraiser. He didn't ping for me. But I was busy staring at Fran who was absolutely stunning that night.

by Miareply 1306/02/2010

I see him around town a lot. He's had a TON of plastic surgery, but looks pretty decent for 50 .

He seems to be going through his delayed gay adolescence, however, as he's always trolling the twinks.

by Miareply 1406/02/2010

That his name was Peter Marc should have been a tip-off.

by Miareply 1506/02/2010

This isn't news, is it? I've heard about her gay ex-husband for years.

by Miareply 1606/02/2010

The news is the fact that Fran is finally admitting it.

by Miareply 1706/02/2010

[quote] d -- as In Touch can now exclusively reveal, Peter Marc Jacobson, the man to whom Fran, 52, was married for more than two decades, is gay.

Who didn't know this?

My grandmother knows Fran drescher's ex is gay and has known for years.

by Miareply 1806/02/2010

[quote]My grandmother knows Fran drescher's ex is gay and has known for years.

Ha! I just knew that Rona Barrett's grandson was posting here.

by Miareply 1906/02/2010

Not only is this news as old as ass, but we've talked about Peter's connexion, bigmuscle and dudesnude profiles on this very board.

(All three seem to be mysteriously missing at the moment.)

by Miareply 2006/02/2010

Well, I didn't know her ex was a gay man. But that's because I've never seen a photo of him until today. Oh, that man looks gay, gay, gay.

I've always had a soft spot for her because it takes a lot of courage to face the world every day after experiencing such a horrifying event and knowing everyone else knows your business.

by Miareply 2106/03/2010

She won't shut up about this. 2001, 02, 03....10, no matter the year there's Fran talking about her touching romance. With a gay man.

Come on, Fran!

This woman always exuded sexuality and she wants us to believe she was happy with either half-there sex or no sex a6t all with a closet case? For two decades?

The real story, as many around Hollywood know, is that both Fran and her husband were bi when they got married. He just happened to decide that he was completely gay later on.

Back in the 70s he used to dabble with cock and coke while Fran would be left to either her own devices -- picking up a woman -- or be introduced by Jacobson or one of his gay lovers to an attractive female. LKots of partying, at 54 and other dens.

From about 1978 onward Fran was in a relationship with Suzanne Somers. Somers herself was juggling a marriage and sex with Liz Smith while also sleeping with Fran. But this romance lasted in an off and on capacity through the 90s.

With all the homophobia out there, I'd have more respect for Fran if she'd also talk about her own sex life.

by Miareply 2203/27/2013

[quote]Fran Drescher has never been shy about voicing her support for gay rights

Thank you!

by Miareply 2303/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.